Forest River Rockwood Windjammer RVs Reviews (15)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Forest River Rockwood Windjammer RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Ryan from Nevada says:

Have you owned any Forest River Rockwood Windjammer RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Forest River Rockwood Windjammer 3008W View Listings

BUYER BEWARE! In July 2016 I purchased a new 2017 Rockwood Windjammer 3008W. I bought this model because the floor plan is amazing. However the good ends there. Four days after purchase I took it out on a two week road trip. I'll preface this by saying all travel was on smooth paved roads. On day two the fridge and freezer quit working. Everything spoiled. When I got to my first destination the bedroom door had fallen off the slide hinges. One of the closet door lock clasps had also broken. One of the wall window dressings had also fallen off. And on day ten the motorized front landing tongue failed to fully extend. Also noted that even when all four stabilizer legs are down trailer still rocks when walking around. The dining table extend leaf also failed to fully extend, so was unusable. The underbelly around the drain pipes was also improperly cut. The cheap tape job had already come apart. Upon return I took back to dealership for warranty repairs. Five weeks later I finally got it back. I was told they were waiting on the manufacturer ok to do repairs. Completely unacceptable timeline for warranty repairs. It's now late summer and I've only had my trailer out once. I took it out again and when I got to my destination the bedroom door had again fallen off. The toilet flush valve had also cracked, and a ripple had formed in the linoleum through the whole trailer. I knew the repairs would not get done in a timely manner, so I waited to take it back in for warranty repairs until after I had finished my preplanned trips. I took it to the dealer for repairs in early November 2016. It is now February 2017 and I still don't have my trailer back. Again the dealer says they can't do repairs until they get authorization from the manufacturer. This is by far the worst customer service by a manufacturer I've ever experienced. They just do not care.
- Ryan, Nevada

2019-06-29 2011 Forest River Rockwood Windjammer 3065W View Listings

I love the amount of storage & all the windows on both sides for the view no matter where you go! Front kitchen is amazing and the big bathroom & bedroom! There is outdoor speakers & shower, grill, tv mount and all I’d charge is the couch be a fold out not a lousy air mattress
- Laura Walker, Missouri

2019-05-23 2015 Forest River Rockwood Windjammer 2618W View Listings

This is great RV for longer trips. Floor plan features walk around queen bed, lg wardrobe & drawers, double doors .to bath, sofa sleeper, lots of storage, & lg kitchen in the V . We have not had any problems with the RV. The quality is good. It has almost every option. We are the original owners. The unit tows very well. We use a GMC half ton truck.
- Joyce Maly, Wisconsin

2019-05-04 2012 Forest River Rockwood Windjammer 3001W View Listings

30 feet long trailer is long but gives you lots of room. the large amount of windows gives for a great view on those days you can't get outside. Fully electric additives makes setting up a breeze. We did not have an outside kitchen but did not miss is when you have a BBQ pit.
- Donald Butler, Indiana

2018-11-06 2015 Forest River Rockwood Windjammer 2809W View Listings

we bought a 2015 windjammer 2809w diamond edition 2 years ago.we really like the quality of this travel trailer.we have 2 lazy boy leather chairs at the v nose,really cozy.the layout is good,2 slides with a good size bedroom with a great big closet with drawer storage.the bathroom has 2 entrances which is convenient.The kitchen is in the center of the rv with a king dinette and my favorite thing is the 2 entrance doors, we love everything about it. it is amazing and super fun to camp in and if we ever bought again it would for sure be a windjammer.travel on the highway is smooth,we pull with a 2017 silverado z71 duramax 2500. Lou Weir.
- L.Weir, Ontario

2018-09-04 2014 Forest River Rockwood Windjammer 3025W View Listings

This camper is by far the most livable tag a-long camper we have ever owned. The three slides make it spacious with a great living dinning area. The bath in the nose of the camper has double vanities and cabinets and plenty of storage in the nose of the camper. It has storage under the full queen bed and built in bureau and closet for your clothes. It has a full queen sleeper sofa with a lot of storage over the sofa. We love the double lazy-boy recliners as well. The heat and air conditioning are all ducted and keep the inside comfortable. The stove and refrigerator are a standard size and are more than adequate for our needs. We have been well pleased with our purchase of this camper.
- Tommy, North Carolina

2018-03-08 2014 Forest River Rockwood Windjammer 3008W View Listings

We have the Platinum edition and are very satisfied with our purchase. This is our 4th. RV. We have towed it through Canada, Wyoming, South Dakota, Wyoming North Carolina, Main, Florida and back several times and list goes on. We had the normal shake out issues that we had with previous RV's nothing out of the ordinary. Towing can be tough on extremely windy days. We are towing it with the Dodge Eco Diesel 1500. A 2500 would be appropriate. We are currently spending the winter in it in CO Skiing, with a few minor adjustments such as a wind skirt it's working out pretty great. All and All I would recommend the Windjammer 3008W Platinum series with the 4 season package.
- Dennis , Michigan

2017-08-23 2017 Forest River Rockwood Windjammer 3001W View Listings

Three times out in our RV and it is falling apart, literally. So many things "broken" I don't know where to start. Slideouts leaked, sink in kitchen leaked. Light over couch did not work. One screw in some cabinet doors that had holes for two. Cover on undercarriage falling off! Linen closet staples did not hold the wall, coming off. Rear steps bent badly and rear fender never touched the ground?? Shoddy workmanship and no QUALITY CONTROL. Loved the layout, but would never recommend this company. We had a Keystone for ten years and none of these issues!!
- Roberta , Texas

2017-05-08 2016 Forest River Rockwood Windjammer 3008W View Listings

When we retired, we traveled through the southwest in a truck camper. We felt we needed to find a perfect winter spot. Then we would haul a trailer to it and stay the following winter. In the summer we planned to use the trailer here at home. On the way home from the south, we toured all the trailer manufacturing plants in Indiana for three days. We felt the best product for us came from the Rockwood line and we purchased the Windjammer 3008W because of the front kitchen with counter space and room for me to to cook family meal. We think we made an excellent choice and are very happy with everything about it. It is spacious for the two of us for the winter months in the south, the tv is easy to watch from the Lazy Boy recliners, and the bed is comfortable. The bathroom fit our needs as well. Overall, we are very satisfied with the purchase we made and would certainly buy the same trailer again.
- Martin S, Michigan

2017-03-19 2014 Forest River Rockwood Windjammer 3001W View Listings

We have enjoyed RVing in the 2014 Windjammer 3001W for the past three years. We have traveled about 11-12,000 miles with it and had no issues at all. What we liked about it the day we saw it was the very spacious living area and even the bedroom had a LOT of walking/dressing space unlike so many others we had seen. The huge closet, 8-drawer dresser, and underbed storage drawers were wonderful on long trips. The kitchen was laid out so that two people could actually work to cook meals. These Windjammers are built very well with fit and finish expected in much more expensive units; the cabinets are solid wood fronts with a great finish. The two AC units keeps it cool even when we were in Las Vegas and it was 106! Great travel trailer or weekend warrior for a couple.
- DarrellC, Texas

2017-03-14 2014 Forest River Rockwood Windjammer 3008W View Listings

We've owned our RV for 2 years. Use it for both cross country and short trips. We love the floor plan and Windows all around. Very roomy. Good quality furnishings and storage, but Would prefer wall hugger recliners as regular recliners take up too much room & obstruct walking path. Kitchen setup is great. Easy to prepare and cook in. Fridge and oven work great Table extends easily and seats 5-6. Love the counters and breakfast bar. Clean lines & durable. We used RV for 2 months in Florida and found it was perfect for our needs. It can be a challenge towing when windy or bad weather but it's a big rig so I'm not surprised. Used additional stabilizers so floor would not "quiver" when walking around. Love taking our RV on long weekends with the grandkids. Manufacturer responded very efficiently when we had some tune-ups done. I would definitely buy this model again
- B. C, Arkansas

2017-01-29 2017 Forest River Rockwood Windjammer 3001W View Listings

Layout and storage TERRIFIC. Love the king size bed. After that it is all down hill. Warranty work not being taken care of in a timely manner. The undercarriage is so weak, that if one person walks aroud the entire unit shakes. The AC is so LOUD you cannot watch TV or have a conversation. These have been issues with this unit for years and they have done NOTHING. Sorry we did not research better.
- Roberta Macler, Texas

2015-08-30 2013 Forest River Rockwood Windjammer 3065W View Listings

We love our 2013 2065w Windy. Great floor plan,loads of room. Only change is dinette table. We stay 6 months in Florida and it has plenty of room. Two adult and two dogs. Love the fireplace for cool mornings. Easy towability. Would highly recommend.
- Lucy, Pennsylvania

2014-12-29 2013 Forest River Rockwood Windjammer 3008W View Listings

We love our camper!!!! The only thing is recliners should be wall huggers and the foot rest area should be all one piece.door stops on the bathroom and refrigerator doors! we think windy is awesome!!!!!
- Mitzi Gillispie, Georgia

2014-10-29 2012 Forest River Rockwood Windjammer 3001W View Listings

Easy to tow, suspension is great, almost 350 sq. ft. interior. Short or longtime stays.
- Bob Byers, California