Forest River Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite Reviews on RV Insider (47)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Forest River Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

evelyn nacol from Texas says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Forest River Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8329SS View Listings

Had it only a month and the fridge went out with food inside of it. We spend every weekend here so it sat with water and smelly bad food for a week. Called dealer they have offered no help but referred us to the manufacturer. I have emailed them several times and have gotten no where. It is going on two months and we still have NO FRIDGE. I will NEVER EVER purchase another coach from forest river again, We had a JAYCO and had NO problems, we loved it and thought we would upgrade to the forest river. WE were SO wrong!!! We were so much happier with the JAYCO.
- evelyn nacol, Texas

2020-08-20 2016 Forest River Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8328BS View Listings

We have owned our 2016 Rockwood from new until present, we could live in this easily, very homey lots of room and love love love the outdoor kitchen.we are selling though, to get a fifth wheel due to having a buggy to tow behind!! Guaranteed we are looking for a forest River Rockwood even a used model if I can find similar to what I had. The only downfall is (and its a small one) the dining chair tops hit the side of the window decor side thing that comes down the side. Other than beautiful
- Henry meadows, Michigan

2020-07-31 2019 Forest River Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8326BHS View Listings

We just bought a brand new 2019 forest river Rockwood ultra lite 5th wheel in February. We have taken it out a few times close to home have a couple minor repairs to get the kinks out. The end of July we decided to pull it from KANSAS TO FLORIDA we never hit anything we are paranoid. Got to Florida and our antenna blew off and our roof is pulling back. We had to have it repaired in Florida to make it home. Driving down I-70 wide open area our brand new antenna goes flying off. Needless to say we think we have a lemon. Hopefully forest river stands behind their products. The repair company said the room looked good no good just looked like the membrane was cut to small and pulled out of the threshold piece.🤷‍♀️
- Michelle kile, Kansas

2020-07-22 2009 Forest RIver Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8287SS View Listings

STOP!!!!! BUYER BEWARE!!! TrailBlazer RV will knowingly sell you DAMAGED GOODS, We bought a 2009 RV from Trailblazer, we asked Mike the sales guy all the right questions and were repeatedly lied to. Brought the RV back for LEAKS more than once and MARK in Service DID NOTHING TO FIX IT!!! SAYING THEY COULD NOT FIND LEAK. ONLY two short yrs later RV was sold for scraps after floor and walls were soaked and moldy. iT BECAME SO WET THAT EVEN OLD PATCHES REOPENED ( We patched where we could but couldnt stay ahead of it, Inspector said the leak was there for more than two years.) TrailBlazer’s Manager CHRIS did nothing to compensate us in anyway. Even with these Leaks being previously recorded on TrailBlazers records they said they could do nothing for us. THEY ARE ALL ABOUT JUST GETTING YOUR MONEY, THEN YOU THE CUSTOMER ARE ON YOUR OWN... WE WILL NEVER BUY FROM THIS DEALER AGAIN OR RECOMMEND THEM TO ANYONE IN THE FUTURE BUYER BEWARE!!!! VERY DISAPPOINTED After only two years we still have a loan to pay for and NO RV :( R&C
- DISAPPOINTED, Alaska

2020-06-19 2017 Forest River Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8280WS View Listings

We bought a new ,unused, 8298ws in October 2019. Due to the time of year we stored camper until spring.when opening camper one blind had come down,screws pulled out. 1 interior light did not work,wires had come disconnected,1 exterior light does not work. We are hoping that our first camping trip doesn't turn up more problems. We did contact dealer, but we realize it's out of warranty. We know it was never used as we contacted the previous owner and they never used it traded for a motorhome. I would only rate the camper at 3.5 out of 5 right now. We love the layout and annemities,we'll see.
- Jack Bennett, New York

2020-06-13 2017 Forest River Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 2304DS View Listings

Refrigerator would not stay cold on electricity but gas worked. Heating duck air flow not balanced. slide out trim separated. Build Quality was fair. This was our fourth camper. Pulled this camper all over South-East US and the aerodynamics could be better. Braking system had chafing wire which shorted out braking wires making trailer brakes inoperable and thankfully my truck could handle the stopping effort.
- Fred , South Carolina

2020-03-28 2019 Forest River Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8328BS View Listings

Very dissapointed in the quality. Every plumbing connection leaked Underbelly at rear has fallen off at the rear Lots of small trim and covers falling off Shower not lined up correctly with base Cannot reach Forest River for support If Forest River could reach out to me would be appreciated, maybe they would like to stand by their product and get some dealer to do the work Otherwise it is a nice layout and very comfortable to stay in on longer trips down south Previously had another forest River product but they eventually came through and fixed my unit. I am waiting for a call ..........
- Tony Surian, Alberta

2020-03-21 2008 Forest River Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8284SS View Listings

We’ve owned our camper for 10 years & it still looks and performs as well as the first day we bought it. As an allergy sufferer, I am very impressed with the quality of materials, insulation, windows, and long-term dryness that has been maintained. We couldn’t be happier and have many wonderful memories. Thank you!
- Pati Hoyt, Maryland

2020-02-22 2016 Forest River Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8325SS View Listings

No cons, all pros. You do not find a lot of this year and model for sale used. Reason, people keep them. Those looking for a better built RV travel trailer, need to look no longer. The quality of this RV speaks for itself. Pictures show no justice, this is a must see, to see the quality.
- Dennis, Ohio

2020-01-27 2014 Forest River Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8265WS View Listings

We purchased a 2014 Rockwood 5th wheel that was one year old. We had it for two years and had water leaks and plumbing leaks. Windows that wouldn't close properly and delamination of the fiberglass. After selling it at a huge loss , I have seen three other trailers of the same year and model with delamination in the same spot.
- Rod Hubbard, Michigan

2020-01-08 2015 Forest River Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8327SS View Listings

Overall I like the RV, that we selected for the floor plan. This is my third RV, but my first Forrest River. I have had more trouble with this RV in the four years that I have owned it than I did with any previous RV. The first issue was the antenna would not retract, was told by the dealer that it had to be replaced, not covered by warranty. Second, the power outlet next to the bed stopped working, again had to be replaced, not covered by warranty. Third, the CO2 monitor was malfunctioning, had to be replaced, you guessed it... not covered. The final straw was that the large sofa, covered in some sort of vinyl started peeling. It looks terrible. Contacted Forrest River and they said that they would not do anything, and that I should contact the furniture manufacturer, Lippert. I contacted Lippert who told me they could not help me, but offered me a discount on new furniture, the catalog they provided didn’t even have anything that resembles the unit in my RV. I now have to find someone who will either recover or replace the sofa unit. I have run into other owners who have had similar problems, and have read that in some cases Lippert at least provided replacement fabric, but nobody will accept any responsibility for defective materials.
- Fred Lewis, Alabama

2019-11-07 2019 Forest River Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8326BHS View Listings

Purchased my coach late 2018 and started the season early January with a boys hunting trip everything seemed great until I found out my dealer only filled one propane tank , second trip was good found a couple of random screws , no big deal right happens to the best of them : by the third trip everything was starting to get a little squiky and by June for a family trip to AZ we noticed the master bedroom door wouldn’t latch figured we were slightly off level ... turned out I actually have a not so cheap cheaply made coach that was starting to fall apart I called my dealer and expressed my concern they asked me how old my unit was and I explained it was a 2019 that I only had about 5 months so his explanation of how these things happen over time was irrelevant, long story short their reputation for being extremely well built is highly exaggerated and disappointing!!! I have a huge gap on each side of the unit and can see the screws separating on the underbelly and daylight coming through, don’t think it was worth the price tag is my bottom line
- Julian Coca, New Mexico

2019-10-21 2018 Forest River Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8332BS View Listings

Bought new 2018.rockwood signature..lite..leather on upper part of sofa just peeled and split about 4"down..very thin cheap leather..havent contacted forest river yetbut will do.anyone else have this problem
- Sandy Simpson, Florida

2019-10-16 2013 Forest River Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8289WS View Listings

Out camping has been an enjoyable trouble free experience largely due to the ease of use and quality of our 5th wheel. On our last 4200 mile trip we tested the Revolution pin box limits several times and it performed flawlessly. The Factory Warranty / Support does not apply because we haven't had any issues and I perform my own maintenance. Level of support also depends largely on the dealership one uses, not the factory. We are extremely happy with our 5th wheel and listed it on RVT.com because we are buying a bigger 5th wheel that has room for an on board generator.
- Michael, Louisiana

2019-09-07 2019 Forest River Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8326BHS View Listings

Here's the question you need to ask yourself before buying a Rockwood--do I have a wife or small child who knows or would like to learn plumbing? We've used our Rockwood 5 weeks. So far we've had to replace the kitchen faucet (in a very tight space most adult men can't get into,) & the outdoor kitchen has so many busted parts, it's currently usable. Warranty is worthless because the only authorized repair where we are is 1 month out from even looking at the problem & getting authorization to order parts. They estimate about 2 months for repair. So, can you live without a kitchen sink or do you have a wife or small child who can do plumbing? If not, buy another brand. Also, the Suburban oven rack is made of such cheap material it won't actually support anything. We can't find a better quality rack that will fit to replace it. We have to put an upside down 9x13 pan under the rack to use the oven.
- Jamie, Idaho

2019-05-13 2018 Forest River Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8332BS View Listings

I can't help you too much with that because we never lived in it. But I do know that it's very easy to tow the structure of it is very strong the insulation is very thick and it is a Four Seasons travel trailer.The side outs give you a lot more room and storage plus the ceilings are much taller than a standard travel trailer. We purchased it to live in . It has a very comfortable setting and the amenities inside are residential style and we have upgraded the flooring to residential Style.We also have a fully transferable 4 year warranty which includes 24-hour road side assistance, food loss ,towing and wrecker service,blow outs emergency gas delivery,battery jump,and many more roadside benefits. This is an awesome travel trailer, it a must see. Thanks and GOD BLESS!
- Charlie Chetwood, Texas

2019-04-10 2019 Forest River Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8326BHS View Listings

Love the spacious bunkhouse, it fit all 3 of our teenagers comfortably! Love all the storage, especially the big closet in the master! Rockwood really takes their time and thought into each travel trailer!
- Moosefamilyof5, Colorado

2019-04-05 2009 Forest RIver Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8287SS View Listings

My wife and I just recently purchased a 2009 Forest River Rockwood camper from 4z's unseen. Our salesperson Phillip is a lying sack of shot and has no business selling campers...biggest list. He told us that there was a leak in the bathroom by the sink which was true but here we go with all the other problems...water lines weren't even hooked up under the entertainment center, the water line behind the toilet was frozen and busted which made it leak when we connected the water, the outside shower wasn't connected, the floors are soft all over the ****ing place (which will have to be replaced), the inverter is bad and has to be replaced, the water heater element was unscrewed and burnt up, there's a water leak in the bedroom. This camper is a piece of shot. I personally will make sure your business gets the worst reputation of RV and camper sales out there. My wife called and talk to Philip to see if he would make it right and pretty well called her a liar which really pisses me off and said nothing was wrong with the camper....bulls&%t. my wife and I have 8 campers that we have purchased in the last 2 years that we rent out so we are a very reputable customer 2 RV and camper buyers. We will never ever deal with 4zs RVs and we will personally make sure your company gets the worst reputation out there. You have messed with the wrong couple. If you want to speak to me personally over the phone my name is Connie Vandever and my cell phone number is [dedacted]. I am all over social media and your name and Phillips will be chastised for the crappy service and the ***** camper that we got. 4zs RVs is the worst company I have ever dealt with. What I have stated above is just minor of how angry and pissed off I am at Philip and your company. There are consequences to your actions.
- Connie L Vandaveer, Illinois

2019-03-12 2018 Forest River Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8329SS View Listings

Is there a lemon law for RV’s? We purchased this unit May of 2018. The first time we used it we had a fresh water leak, the gauges read incorrectly, and the refrigerator noice was abnoxious. Then thorought the summer we had another water leak, blind in bedroom broke, valance in living room loosened up, the gauges were still inaccurate, and the molding in the bedroom kept coming loose. This year we used it again for the first time and the electric hot water heater didn’t work then a few days after that the propane water heater stopped working, the fireplace won’t heat, and now the oven stopped lighting. What’s next! The workmanship is terrible and we will not purchase another Forest River. Our dealer has been awesome but I’m ready to leave it on their lot.
- Frank Calmes, Wisconsin

2019-02-27 2016 Forest River Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 2604 View Listings

We rented RV Trucks for many years while in Germany. This, however, is our first travel trailer. Met many people in the last four years traveling throughout the South and heard many complaints. We have nothing bad to say about our experience with this trailer... we love it. Because our children often come to travel we have a need for a larger one with bunks. My wife is very strict, no shoes or dirty close in the trailer. In fact we cook out side, and only clean kids get to come in to watch TV. As with all other Travel Trailers our tires did not last very long. The furniture is very weak. I personally care for this baby.... by the book! clean and waxed... Every year. An amazing Trailer.
- J.W., Florida

2019-02-19 2018 Forest River Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 2780WS View Listings

In the first 6 months of owning this trailer the flooring has ripples and bumps all over it. The seals on the front slide fall off. The kitchen cabinets have pulled off the wall. Trim around the fridge has bumbles and bumps. Took it in for warranty work and was told they cannot get the trim pieces- they don’t make that part- to repair the cabinet around the fridge. I would not purchase this trailer or any other Rockwood product again.
- David , Utah

2019-01-17 2010 Forest River Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8244S View Listings

User friendly, I have always enjoyed the outside grill. In the summer the A/C kept us comfortable. Storage was never an issue with this floor plan. I really surprised from all the food that fit in my fridge. Propane lasted long periods of time.
- Trujillo Hector, Arizona

2018-08-21 2017 Forest River Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8280WS View Listings

We bought a brand new 5th wheel Every time we go some ware something breaks or fall a part spending that kind of money on a brand new rv Nothing should go wrong vary frustrating but our dealer has bin helpful.
- Kevin Porter, Massachusetts

2018-08-15 2017 Forest River Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 2304DS View Listings

We purchased an RV from JMatt RV a few weeks ago. Our sales person was Connor Gilstrap. Connor was very thorough in making sure we were comfortable in taking care of our RV. He was. Dry professional throughout the sales process, we are very pleased with our purchase,
- Bob Hendricks, Oklahoma

2018-05-11 2016 Forest River Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 2304 View Listings

This RV is our home in Florida for a month at a time twice a year. It is absolutely comfortable with quality workmanship and comfort. We get great support from our service Dept just 2 mi away. We store it here when not in use. We get it professionally maintained once a year. It is so easy to set up with automatic levelers and awning. The layout is so perfect with the kitchen in front and the bath separating the living and sleeping areas.
- Molly, Florida