Forest River Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite RVs Reviews (35)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Forest River Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

evelyn nacol from Texas says:

Have you owned any Forest River Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Forest River Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8329SS View Listings

Had it only a month and the fridge went out with food inside of it. We spend every weekend here so it sat with water and smelly bad food for a week. Called dealer they have offered no help but referred us to the manufacturer. I have emailed them several times and have gotten no where. It is going on two months and we still have NO FRIDGE. I will NEVER EVER purchase another coach from forest river again, We had a JAYCO and had NO problems, we loved it and thought we would upgrade to the forest river. WE were SO wrong!!! We were so much happier with the JAYCO.
- evelyn nacol, Texas

2019-10-16 2013 Forest River Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8289WS View Listings

Out camping has been an enjoyable trouble free experience largely due to the ease of use and quality of our 5th wheel. On our last 4200 mile trip we tested the Revolution pin box limits several times and it performed flawlessly. The Factory Warranty / Support does not apply because we haven't had any issues and I perform my own maintenance. Level of support also depends largely on the dealership one uses, not the factory. We are extremely happy with our 5th wheel and listed it on RVT.com because we are buying a bigger 5th wheel that has room for an on board generator.
- Michael, Louisiana

2019-09-07 2019 Forest River Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8326BHS View Listings

Here's the question you need to ask yourself before buying a Rockwood--do I have a wife or small child who knows or would like to learn plumbing? We've used our Rockwood 5 weeks. So far we've had to replace the kitchen faucet (in a very tight space most adult men can't get into,) & the outdoor kitchen has so many busted parts, it's currently usable. Warranty is worthless because the only authorized repair where we are is 1 month out from even looking at the problem & getting authorization to order parts. They estimate about 2 months for repair. So, can you live without a kitchen sink or do you have a wife or small child who can do plumbing? If not, buy another brand. Also, the Suburban oven rack is made of such cheap material it won't actually support anything. We can't find a better quality rack that will fit to replace it. We have to put an upside down 9x13 pan under the rack to use the oven.
- Jamie, Idaho

2019-05-13 2018 Forest River Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8332BS View Listings

I can't help you too much with that because we never lived in it. But I do know that it's very easy to tow the structure of it is very strong the insulation is very thick and it is a Four Seasons travel trailer.The side outs give you a lot more room and storage plus the ceilings are much taller than a standard travel trailer. We purchased it to live in . It has a very comfortable setting and the amenities inside are residential style and we have upgraded the flooring to residential Style.We also have a fully transferable 4 year warranty which includes 24-hour road side assistance, food loss ,towing and wrecker service,blow outs emergency gas delivery,battery jump,and many more roadside benefits. This is an awesome travel trailer, it a must see. Thanks and GOD BLESS!
- Charlie Chetwood, Texas

2019-04-10 2019 Forest River Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8326BHS View Listings

Love the spacious bunkhouse, it fit all 3 of our teenagers comfortably! Love all the storage, especially the big closet in the master! Rockwood really takes their time and thought into each travel trailer!
- Moosefamilyof5, Colorado

2019-04-05 2009 Forest RIver Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8287SS View Listings

My wife and I just recently purchased a 2009 Forest River Rockwood camper from 4z's unseen. Our salesperson Phillip is a lying sack of shot and has no business selling campers...biggest list. He told us that there was a leak in the bathroom by the sink which was true but here we go with all the other problems...water lines weren't even hooked up under the entertainment center, the water line behind the toilet was frozen and busted which made it leak when we connected the water, the outside shower wasn't connected, the floors are soft all over the fucking place (which will have to be replaced), the inverter is bad and has to be replaced, the water heater element was unscrewed and burnt up, there's a water leak in the bedroom. This camper is a piece of shot. I personally will make sure your business gets the worst reputation of RV and camper sales out there. My wife called and talk to Philip to see if he would make it right and pretty well called her a liar which really pisses me off and said nothing was wrong with the camper....bulls&%t. my wife and I have 8 campers that we have purchased in the last 2 years that we rent out so we are a very reputable customer 2 RV and camper buyers. We will never ever deal with 4zs RVs and we will personally make sure your company gets the worst reputation out there. You have messed with the wrong couple. If you want to speak to me personally over the phone my name is Connie Vandever and my cell phone number is [dedacted]. I am all over social media and your name and Phillips will be chastised for the crappy service and the ***** camper that we got. 4zs RVs is the worst company I have ever dealt with. What I have stated above is just minor of how angry and pissed off I am at Philip and your company. There are consequences to your actions.
- Connie L Vandaveer, Illinois

2019-03-12 2018 Forest River Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8329SS View Listings

Is there a lemon law for RV’s? We purchased this unit May of 2018. The first time we used it we had a fresh water leak, the gauges read incorrectly, and the refrigerator noice was abnoxious. Then thorought the summer we had another water leak, blind in bedroom broke, valance in living room loosened up, the gauges were still inaccurate, and the molding in the bedroom kept coming loose. This year we used it again for the first time and the electric hot water heater didn’t work then a few days after that the propane water heater stopped working, the fireplace won’t heat, and now the oven stopped lighting. What’s next! The workmanship is terrible and we will not purchase another Forest River. Our dealer has been awesome but I’m ready to leave it on their lot.
- Frank Calmes, Wisconsin

2019-02-27 2016 Forest River Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 2604 View Listings

We rented RV Trucks for many years while in Germany. This, however, is our first travel trailer. Met many people in the last four years traveling throughout the South and heard many complaints. We have nothing bad to say about our experience with this trailer... we love it. Because our children often come to travel we have a need for a larger one with bunks. My wife is very strict, no shoes or dirty close in the trailer. In fact we cook out side, and only clean kids get to come in to watch TV. As with all other Travel Trailers our tires did not last very long. The furniture is very weak. I personally care for this baby.... by the book! clean and waxed... Every year. An amazing Trailer.
- J.W., Florida

2019-02-19 2018 Forest River Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 2780WS View Listings

In the first 6 months of owning this trailer the flooring has ripples and bumps all over it. The seals on the front slide fall off. The kitchen cabinets have pulled off the wall. Trim around the fridge has bumbles and bumps. Took it in for warranty work and was told they cannot get the trim pieces- they don’t make that part- to repair the cabinet around the fridge. I would not purchase this trailer or any other Rockwood product again.
- David , Utah

2019-01-17 2010 Forest River Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8244S View Listings

User friendly, I have always enjoyed the outside grill. In the summer the A/C kept us comfortable. Storage was never an issue with this floor plan. I really surprised from all the food that fit in my fridge. Propane lasted long periods of time.
- Trujillo Hector, Arizona

2018-08-21 2017 Forest River Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8280WS View Listings

We bought a brand new 5th wheel Every time we go some ware something breaks or fall a part spending that kind of money on a brand new rv Nothing should go wrong vary frustrating but our dealer has bin helpful.
- Kevin Porter, Massachusetts

2018-08-15 2017 Forest River Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 2304DS View Listings

We purchased an RV from JMatt RV a few weeks ago. Our sales person was Connor Gilstrap. Connor was very thorough in making sure we were comfortable in taking care of our RV. He was. Dry professional throughout the sales process, we are very pleased with our purchase,
- Bob Hendricks, Oklahoma

2018-05-11 2016 Forest River Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 2304 View Listings

This RV is our home in Florida for a month at a time twice a year. It is absolutely comfortable with quality workmanship and comfort. We get great support from our service Dept just 2 mi away. We store it here when not in use. We get it professionally maintained once a year. It is so easy to set up with automatic levelers and awning. The layout is so perfect with the kitchen in front and the bath separating the living and sleeping areas.
- Molly, Florida

2018-04-18 2017 Forest River Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8326BHS View Listings

My current 2017 Rockwood is my first brand new one and I am not at all pleased with the standard of quality or design I was a customed too. I am very sad with this Rockwood. I have camped 2 times and I have returned it for service and repairs each time. My 2011 Rockwood Ultra Lite I traded in was far superior than what I have purchased.
- Tammy Willoughby, Tennessee

2018-03-13 2008 Forest River Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8284SS View Listings

Camper is great, I camped over 50 nights last year. The only reason we are selling is we purchased a new toy hauler to haul our UTV . It pulls strait as an arrow. When pulling uphill doesn’t really put strain on the truck, and I never felt it was pushing me down hill.
- Barry Quade , Illinois

2017-12-14 2016 Forest River Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8288WSA View Listings

This has been a great 5th. wheel! Only a few small items that were easily fixed. Its roomy, Tows great with only a 1/2 ton truck with tow package. I would not sell this unit if I wasn't getting something bigger! My wife loves it!
- John Ward, Ohio

2017-09-17 2016 Forest River Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8325SS View Listings

Wife and I rented this model for a two week vacation this summer. One word describes our experience...AWESOME! The unit towed very easy with our Silverado 1500 with tow package. We also used a equalizer 10,000.
- Brett Downing, North Carolina

2017-07-28 2010 Forest River Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8314BSS View Listings

We have really enjoyed the trailer. It has an excellent floor plan and presents itself as a very nice looking unit inside and out, comfortable bedroom, good shower space, easy to set up with power jack and levelers, easy to use propane BBQ, nice hide-a-bed, comfortable chairs, good visibility. The AC is adequate in temperatures up to about 100 but louder that we like. No problem towing it with my F150. Storage inside the trailer is very good but we would have liked a little more underneath storage. If I were manufacturing the unit I was insure the components of the trailer had better quality. We have replaced the following while only using the trailer about three times a year: Toilet, shower head and parts holding it in place, the microwave, kitchen facet, power jack, wall panels came undone, curtains came out of the walls, tires blew with less than 500 miles on the trailer, propane tank was defective, mattress required upgrading. Yet even when these 'negatives" since we fixed on upgraded the parts it is a much nicer unit than 80 -90 % of the trailers of the same general size.
- Donald Parker, California

2017-07-05 2017 Forest River Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8301 View Listings

We bought this RV in Dec 2016. Took it out for the maiden voyage on Memorial day and a lot of things went wrong. The fridge panels fell off during the trip, globe from light fell off broke, many screws have been found and on the following trips we have taken, blinds have broken, the trim molding is coming off, we recv'd a panel control recall even before camping season started and then was told after driving it an hour back to the dealer that it would take 6 weeks for parts to arrive. The glass over the stove top lost a hinge pin, mini fridge in outdoor kitchen is not attached properly and has now scratched the counter top. Couch is not screwed down and moves.There are many little things that keep happening and has not set right in the fact we spent so much money on something and there are many things that keep breaking on it.
- Katrina Caswell, New Mexico

2017-06-17 2016 Forest River Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8329SS View Listings

Love this camper. We removed our table and chairs and have plenty of room for sleeping our grand kids! Holy moly the storage space inside is incredible. Only complaint when you are dry docked the grey tank is small.
- Michael Pittard , Texas

2017-04-09 2016 Forest River Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8325SS View Listings

Outstanding Unit. Only reason for selling is wife prefers going back to a motorhome. The unit has had no issues from the start. Easy to tow, and with the equalizer tow system, evens the weight on the hitch as well as taking care of any sway. The camera in the rear makes driving and changing lanes easy, also backing up.
- Dennis Mitchell, Ohio

2016-12-24 2014 Forest River Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 2604WS View Listings

We will never purchase another one! False advertising biggest complaint. These are not built on 16" centers and after calling customer service they treated us like idiots. Saggy floors biggest problem. The floors sag in front of the stove and sink. We investigated by removing the linoleum and the 1/4 " plywood and found that there were no leaks and that the spacing was 32". They tried to tell us the tanks were located there. Really!!!
- Jane Swanson, Arizona

2016-10-11 2009 Forest RIver Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8287SS View Listings

We lived in our Rockwood for almost a year while we were waiting to buy a home. It had ample storage and the floor plan did not make us feel crowded (3 humans and a dog!). It pulled really nice across the US to our new home. I would definitely buy this type of RV again.
- Jamie Johnston, Wyoming

2016-10-01 2016 Forest River Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8329SS View Listings

We've had our camper for a year and have camped in it 8 times-driving anywhere from 30 miles to 400 miles one way. We love this camper and feel it is a nice, quality camper. We've boon docked and have used full hook-ups. The only issue we've had so far is really minor comparatively speaking-we're unable to get the radio volume low enough for our comfort. We've had so switch the speaker to the bedroom while we sit in the living area to make the volume an acceptable level. This unit has plenty of storage, including a spacious island in the kitchen. So far nothing mechanically has gone wrong so we are very pleased with our Rockwood 8329ss.
- Carolyn, Ohio

2016-09-21 2007 Forest River Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8261SS View Listings

First time I rolled slide out the bolts broke. Dealer said it is fine and to carry extra bolts, which I do. I use about 10 bolts a year. Concertone radio thing is junk. Been replaced 3 times and ended up chucking it. TV is garbage too, have not watched TV in a camper in years. 3500 pound axles must be bent. I chew through a set of tires every year. Sides are delaminating which started the 2nd year. NO water leak, dealer said Rockwood had some bad glue and just deal with it. Save yourself a bunch of headaches, don't buy a Forrest River product, but mainly run from Rockwoods.It is lipstick on a pig. May look nice but they are junk.
- Sean, Kentucky