Forest River Rockwood Geo Pro Reviews on RV Insider (15)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Forest River Rockwood Geo Pro RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

shemae.inscoe from Colorado says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2020 Forest River Rockwood Geo Pro G19FD View Listings

Awesome RV! Easy to tow with small SUV or truck at a dry weight under 3,000 lbs. We loved this GeoPro and it made hauling something through the mountains very easy. Ours has an Off-Road Lift Package as well as solar system that charged the battery. No need for a generator!
- shemae.inscoe, Colorado

2020-06-04 2020 Forest River Rockwood Geo Pro G19FD View Listings

On Memorial Day at about 9PM, I heard a huge explosion. I thought it might have been an M1000 or some other nasty fireworks but it was my trailer. All of the windows were blown out, the door nearly unhinged, the outside structure bent on both sides and the stove was practically on the dinette table. The Fire Marshal and a propane subject matter expert determined it was a propane leak. Keep in mind that this trailer never left my property since it was purchased new. I expected that the manufacturer would quickly want to get the word out to other owners JUST in case this might happen to someone else - but that has not been the case. It's hard to say whether we would have survived the explosion but I wanted folks to know of the possible danger.
- Dick Green, Washington

2020-06-02 2020 Forest River Rockwood Geo Pro G19FD View Listings

I am extremely upset that I bought this unit. I drove this unit home and before I got home it was falling apart. Drawers came off tracks, screws all over the floor from cabinets, the fridge isn't working, the toilet leaks, carbon det. alarm goes off constantly without cause, microwave makes grinding noise, etc., etc. This is only the beginning of my issues. The unit didn't have on board what I had asked to be installed. I think the salesperson was quick to make a sale, even though we had discussed what I needed on the unit. Sell, sell, sell!!! I am not a happy customer.
- LD, Tennessee

2020-05-09 2020 Forest River Rockwood Geo Pro G19FBS View Listings

Tows great.very nice inside.side by side fits great lots of tie downs.Had a problem with slide out,there is a shield behind the tire to protect the gas lines and electical,Which pinches them when in closed position I removed it and cut two inches off and rounded corners.problem solved.Yes I would recommend this toy hauler to my friends.
- blake.doud63, Colorado

2020-03-05 2019 Forest River Rockwood Geo Pro G16BH View Listings

This camper was small enough to pull with a small truck or SUV but big enough to camp (glamp) out of. We like being outdoors more than we like being indoors and that is exactly why we love this camper. We basically used the bathroom of the camper and slept in the camper. We did not cook indoors with this camper although you could with the stove and microwave. It has an outdoor refrigerator and a shelf for outdoor cooking. Like I mentioned, we love being outdoors, but we are not tent campers. I love the full length automatic awning. We liked to use the outdoor shower hose (it has hot and cold water) to hose off if we needed to after our hikes.
- Joe Saltsman, Kentucky

2020-02-15 2020 Forest River Rockwood Geo Pro G19FD View Listings

So easy to pull in small suv to full size truck. Beautiful inside well thought about in design and structure is sound. solar off road tires lots of cabinets balanced with 4 jacks you'll love this 19ft
- Bobbie, Nevada

2020-02-04 2017 Forest River Rockwood Geo Pro G19FBS View Listings

This RV has provided us with many great experiences while still being an economical choice, both in initial price and in it's towability. We have been happy with the quality. Our only issue was with the furnace thermostat which broke but was promptly replaced and a drawer bottom which we fixed. Everything else has worked well. We will buy a Rockwood again.
- Glenda Peterson, California

2020-02-03 2020 Forest River Rockwood Geo Pro G15TB View Listings

Love it! This is my first RV, I have looked for years for the perfect trailer for me. I needed light, and easy for me to manage on my own. I sat in the Eco Pro (same trailer different badging) at an RV show and knew I had found the one! I have zero experience owning an RV and have never towed forward (ironically I can back up a semi trailer, but never towed on the road). Anyway, I took my 15tb out this last weekend for the first time for its maiden voyage. I chose a full hook up camping spot about 20 miles from home. I wanted to be close to help if I needed it. I made a couple of rookie errors but my son (grown) came down and helped me work through them. I spent 2 days and 2 nights, and everything worked perfectly. You will notice on my star rating I gave quality a 4 instead of a 5. I know that RV's are not houses and they are built lightly, there are a few things that are flimsy, like the bathroom floor, it is as if there is nothing at all under the insert, it flexes when you stand on it or sit on the toilet. There doesn't seem to be anything wrong...it is just ...disconcerting. Hard to be specific, just my feelings, and again, could all be perfectly normal. Because it was a particularly blustery wet weekend, and where the firepit was it was not conducive to have a fire, I spent the majority of my time in my trailer vs outside, which will be the more likely case in Summer. I have to say it is quite cozy, and comfortable. The time that my son was there we both sat inside comfortably. The outdoor grill is awesome, and works wonderfully, having 3 burners on the stove is wonderful (not that I needed them). All of the systems seem to work as designed. Again, just the right size for me and my dog. The 15tb has a LOT of storage for such a small unit. There is more than enough room for all the stuff you need with an RV - hoses, chords and such, and more plus gear. A couple of tips. Definitely upgrade your hitch to a stabilizer system. I also have the offroad package which puts it up a little higher and because its small, the stabilizer hitch makes it an easy tow, and minimizes sway and bounce. The bounce, oh there's bounce. Not dramatic all over the place bounce, but it gets to vibrating. I added water to the fresh water tank on my way home (not full) and while a wee bit heavier for the tow, it reduced the bounce significantly. FYI - I am towing with a 2013 Toyota Highlander and it does marvelously. I don't really have any negatives, but will point out some things to keep in mind. If you are excited about being able to sit 6 grown ups at the table and play cards (as advertised in a couple of videos) ummm….yeah, it's doable, but probably not very comfortable. I have no immediate intention of making the bed into a king so I just use one side as my bed. The table goes straight out side. When the table is up in table mode, it is not easy to get into the seat, it takes a wee bit of work, so make sure you use the potty, grab a drink and settle in. The floor space between the 2 benches (twin beds) is very narrow, so there is no moving the table to assist in wriggling in. The lack of table is a little annoying but such a small one, because there is what becomes a side table between the two beds, and it is more than sufficient. While the cushions are pretty comfortable, I like to be really comfortable ( I am not young anymore and like comfort), I purchased a 2 inch foam twin mattress topper, had to trim about 2 inches off (not quite standard twin) and it works amazing, and while I am pretty much the only one using it, I leave it up. If my son takes it or I don't want it there, I just roll it up and stash it in the cabinet. Minor annoyance is the shade. They are excellent in every way, they work great, they really work to keep the cool air out, but, because of the small space, they are - right there - every time you move you bump them and they slap around. It is an annoyance, I am trying to find a solution. Velco dots maybe.... This trailer is the perfect trailer for the solo traveler, and great for buddy camping (2 twin beds) or for couples who like each other. It is set up and ready for off grid camping, and I strongly recommend it!
- Barbara Dobbins, Washington

2020-01-14 2019 Forest River Rockwood Geo Pro G19FBS View Listings

It's kind of crap. The steps are pain in the butt, and more trouble then worth, the wifi ranger is garbage, the solar system is pointless, the over all build quality is not great. you cant put a bumper on it to carry anything, and even if you could, if you have water in the tanks it can't really carry much more weight, its a single axle! there are tandem axle campers out there with almost the same floor plan, with more cabinet space, bigger refrigerators etc for the same price, and only 260lbs more. DO NOT BUY, wish I never did.
- John Orjias, Iowa

2019-12-29 2020 Forest River Rockwood Geo Pro G19FBS View Listings

This trailer has worked out very well. We've had some issues but I've either fixed them myself or have had the dealer take care of it. The bed is huge. Two people can go in the bathroom at the same time which is weird but shows how roomy it is. I've never had a slide before but it sure makes it nice when you can walk by each other without having to negotiate who gets out of the way first. I was drawn to this trailer because of the low weight and the six sided aluminum cage. I think they try hard to put together a good trailer and some things are top-notch. What surprised me the most was that the cabinetry is not tongue and groove. There's quite a bit of particleboard in this trailer and the cabinet corners are pinned together with the plastic notch. For the price, this being more expensive than others of its size, the particleboard is a disappointment. The refrigerator in this model is smaller which I wouldn't really care about except it doesn't have adjustable temperature controls. It's just on or off. It kept things nice and cold and only went off once on a long trip. They use very small sinks. I didn't really like it but you don't use as much water with a small sink and that keeps the gray tank from filling up as fast. As well as being less of a drain on the freshwater tank. There's a lot of electronic doodads on this trailer and the learning curve is not that easy. There are however Facebook groups, factory reps and forums where you can ask questions about things that you aren't able to figure out. I would recommend this trailer brand to people I care about. Of course I really won't know until I've had it for a while how it holds up but it seems pretty sturdy.
- Scott Crawford, California

2019-11-28 2020 Forest River Rockwood Geo Pro G19FBS View Listings

We did our research and found this model to be exactly what we wanted. Why spend the money on a hotel when we can sleep in our second bed. We are still learning more and more about our purchase. We have some small issues but after reading up even more about the heating system we worked out the kinks. Over all we love our Tuna Can.
- SOMD, Maryland

2019-11-22 2020 Forest River Rockwood Geo Pro G19FBS View Listings

Replaced a 4300 lb 2016 Rockwood mini lite 2505s with this 3300 lb unit and am very happy with it. Am impressed with the quality of the Rockwood line of RVs. Had a few problems with the mini lite such as GCI plugs that didn't work and water heater that was not hooked to electric but that was fixed. Did have to replace bathroom GCI plug in this unit. Geo pro tows great as it is 8" less wide than a standard trailer. Can see whats behind with regular mirrors no problem and Ram 1500 5.7 liter truck tows with ease. But mileage drops from 19 city to 12mpg on road when towing. Would have preferred bunk house privacy setup for beds but like this set up for everything else. Queen bed in front needs a curtain as it is out in open and if one person goes to bed earlier than the other the overhead lights have to be dealt with. But we can add a curtain. We like the solar panel and inverter that recharges the battery and the knobby off road tires. Plus have had people that love the outside look and want to see inside at campgrounds. The solid stairs and bright white inside decor as well as the large windows are a great departure from the dated brown cabnetry used in most units even to this day. Bike rack on front works well once get adjusted correctly. Just got back from Santa Fe, New Mexico 1600 mile round trip and it went well
- Ray Gerstein, Arkansas

2019-10-10 2020 Forest River Rockwood Geo Pro G19FBS View Listings

always bought new -Owned everything from slide in camper , two fifth wheels, travel trailer. The minute my wife walked into the trailer she said buy it. We love the unit. we much prefer the convention microwave over oven. bed is hard but so is every trailer bed , got latex topper. Excellent layout. cozy but there is two of us so it's perfect. Little bit disappointed with three warranty issues but they resolved. Tv jack acted up, the blinds bottom bar loose and kitchen sink tap fell off. Gone through wicked rain storms and she is dry. So far very pleased . Tows really nice with our half ton. Easy to set up , but be careful on stair set up, they are excellent stairs , but you need to ensure level or get some shims if ground not even , and they are very solid . It's a trailer meant for light living as opposed to our previous 30', but we downsized , kids gone , so this size is the right size for us. The windows and visuals are excellent , makes unit super airy and bright. And finally not that drab brown , white is light feeling. Flooring is super comfy. Pop out makes trailer very open and two people can move comfortably. It is our first summer with geo pro, so time will tell but overall this is a sweet trailer.
- Ed J., Ontario

2019-09-08 2019 Forest River Rockwood Geo Pro G19FBS View Listings

The only nice thing is the color scheme on this trailer. Do not buy one!!! The quality of this trailer is horrendous, My subfloor is falling apart, electric hot water heater switch stopped working, water leaks in multiple areas from the roof, cabinets are falling apart, walls have air bubbles all over, electric brakes work randomly if at all, air conditioner cuts off if it’s humid outside and not ran in high mode at all times, electric awning has stopped working multiple times. This trailer looks beautiful but everything is horrible and I promise you will regret buying it.
- Chad D’Andrea, Wisconsin

2019-08-26 2020 Forest River Rockwood Geo Pro G19FBS View Listings

I am a first time RV Owner and was limited with weight restrictions as I have a Jeep Sahara. I compared many models over 4 months and finally went with the GeoPro. I just took it out for its first weekend camping at Davis Bayou in Ocean Springs, MS. It was very easy to tow. It held all of my items I wanted on board with room to spare for food. There were 2 of us, 1 on the bed and 1 on the couch. It took a little coordination once the couch was pulled out but the 2nd night we had it down. The shower was roomy, water heated up quickly. The bed is very firm so may add a memory foam to it. The air conditioning is more than efficient. August in MS and it stayed on low cool. Had to put it on a warmer setting a couple of times when the windows were all fogging up it was so cold inside. I cooked full meals both inside and outside. My only complaint is I wish the sink was slightly bigger. I had to use a basin for bigger frying pans and bowls. I may change the faucet to a goose neck with a sprayer to help. SO after 1 use I can say that I am really happy with my purchase. The quality and thought put into this RV is exceptional. No buyers remorse here!!
- Colleen Cutler, Mississippi