Forest River Rockwood ESP Reviews on RV Insider (2)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Forest River Rockwood ESP RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

2020-08-12 2018 Forest River Rockwood ESP 2280BHESP View Listings

This camper has been a nightmare since day 1. It has been a lightly used garage kept unit since we bought it but it shows wear like it has been beaten and heavily used. Problems with rust and we had not even owed it two years, undercarriage is rusting and the powder coating appears to be wearing though. The electrical system has problems. Example, I camped less than 2 weeks last year and the unit ate 3 batteries of which the service representative said that was normal. I can charge it and drive an hour to a campsite and the batter is dead or will die within minutes of turning on a single light. The cassette toilet on our last trip leaked, do I have to paint a picture for that? Curtains are fraying like we housed a wildcat in the unit. The support under the bunks pop out if weigh shifts, sending my seven year old nearly rolling out of the canvas. Overall poor quality given how it has held up to taking up space in my garage. Upside is that it handles well, no swaying and the factory lift (offroad camper) makes it was to get into some amazing Idaho campsites. In comparison this is my third folding camper- I miss Coleman (that should tell you something).
- John Huffer, Idaho

2019-03-22 2018 Forest River Rockwood ESP 2280BHESP View Listings

Tows flawlessly with 2008 Ford Expedition. Living space is perfect for 2 adults and 3 kids. Floor plan allowed for easy access to all appliances. Overall quality is perfect. No issues with the build quality.
- Charles, New Jersey