Forest River Reviews on RV Insider (1,721)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Forest River RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Randy Pollock from Texas says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Forest River R-Pod RP-178 View Listings

After much research, we decided to purchase a 2017 Rpod 179 from a dealer in Mesquite, Texas. Although the dealer is approximately 300 miles from our home in San Antonio, we felt confident that the combined quality of the traler and the assurance that we "could take it to any Forrest River dealer for service"', we would be safe. (There is no Rpod dealer within a 100 miles of where we live). The first time we had a problem with the electric tongue lift not working, we found that "any Forrest River dealer" for repairs was true. In fact, even with with Forrest River's help, we were left with called Ngo numerous dealers only to say no and offer no assistance. Fortunately, I did find an area Forrest River dealer has worked very hard to help us. They were the only dealer of 6 which I called that was willing to help us. Although they are not an RPod dealer, they have done much to help us. There has been a series of issues with the RPod which have greatly undermined my confidence in my camper. So far, our 6 month old camper has had considerable problems . Beginning with a defective tongue lift, we found ourselves with a heather that was so loud, we stopped using it and plugged in a stand alone. (Reported to be a piece of packing plastic inside the unit). We have experienced a water leak which flooded the rear storage compartment.(Break at the city water inlet). An A/C unit with a part missing that makes too much noise to use until the part comes in. (2 weeks in the shop so far). Blue caulk scattered on numerous portions of the black framing. Decals beginning peel in some places. This unit sold for $22 k before discount. The most a dealer will allow on trade is $9k. We are trapped in a camper that we have no faith in manufactured by a company we have no faith in and sold by a dealer we have no faith in. If I had a do over, I would have purchased something from a local dealer and it would not have been a Forrest River product.
- Randy Pollock, Texas

2020-08-11 2019 Forest River Work and Play LE 25WLE View Listings

After owning a Rubicon for 3 years, we decided to look for a larger toy hauler and fell in love with the floor plan and look of this one. The representative offered us some upgrades that the unit needed and all seemed to go well. Since our purchase 6 months ago though, our experience has been a nightmare! Not only have we not received all the warranty items that were not right upon delivery, but since we have discovered the quality of workmanship of the unit is not up to par. Each trip we take something new goes wrong, (awning, stove, air conditioner, lights and best of all a brace came off while driving home last trip and the fresh water tank fell! Once again, the unit is back at Gerzensy's in Ft. Myers Fl and will be there until it is not only fixed right, but safe to be on the road!!!
- SUSAN CUTLER, Florida

2020-08-11 2013 Forest River Blue Ridge 2950RK View Listings

We had a wonderful experience our fifth wheel. Floor plan works well, with kitchen in the back. No problems with towing and not to long. We did change the bathroom door moving the hinges to the opposite side. Bathroom has a big walk in shower and a walk in closet.
- K McCaw, Washington

2020-08-10 2017 Forest River Salem 26TBUD View Listings

air conditioner doesn't keep up, boards on the sinks bow and undersink came apart, slide rood leaks, slide floor coming apart, vent on side came apart after first uses, toilet seal had to be replace after 10 times used, drawer under sofa bracket came off and the lock had to be replaced. These proplems came after only 10 times used. I contacted the company and was told we can't help you its out of warranty. Don't buy one.
- Christina Waugh , Pennsylvania

2020-08-10 2018 Forest River Salem 27DBUD View Listings

The layout is decent enough but I'll breakdown my likes/ and dislikes. I have had no big issues with it so far, 1 1/2 years of camping 4-7 days at a time, once a month. Design: I like the room the slide adds to the living space. Restroom could be a touch bigger for changing, hatch on drivers side is 9" tall, inside space is 20" tall - wasted space. Should come with a ladder installed for roof access. Build quality: There are too many things to list but I'll catch a few. My first trip I had to move my camper because the 30Amp power cord was in a knot in the holding area from the factory and would not reach the outlet, sawdust in the floor vents, bad alignment on cabinets to walls, door catches falling off, sharp corners on kitchen table, blinds fall down from crooked mount every time we tow... I feel like this is the camper they have the new employees work on to prove they can handle the nicer campers. This is my third camper, and my first real let down every time I take a closer look. It's not a bad camper, it was just built poorly.
- Rob Perkins, Illinois

2020-08-10 2017 Forest River Rockwood Ultra Lite 2703WS View Listings

We purchased this beauty to help us after we sold our house in San Diego County. We purchased it from RV Solutions in Sep 2019. We enjoyed staying in this trailer for 9 months while we resettled in Cortez Colorado. The trailer is cozy and very comfortable.
- Sharon Sloyer, Colorado

2020-08-10 2014 Forest River Berkshire 340BH View Listings

Was a great coach for our family. It had plenty of power and great floor plan. Added solar to make great for off grid dry camping. Wish it had more under cabinet storage but understand with the shorter length there has to be compromise. Love how airbags drop to level out, which makes easier to get in and out.
- Jason LaFortune, California

2020-08-09 2014 Forest River Georgetown XL 378XL View Listings

This motor home has been great it's just time to move up to something bigger. I have had no big issues since it was new a few small issues that were fixed under warranty, other than that we have really enjoyed it.
- Mike Wood, Oklahoma

2020-08-08 2020 Forest River Flagstaff MAC 206LTD View Listings

“Garbage” pretty much sums it up. We have had 6 warranty claims in the first 2 months. 1. Travel door dented from the factory 2. Plastic corner caps by door cracked 3. Fans x2 missing from factory 4. Water tank leaking from the factory 5. Wiring running through wall left open to air and never sealed up (water leak) 6. Wench cover cracked from factory 7. Trailer light cables cut in half from dealer 8. All canvas interior screws popped out which we had to replace 9. Hole in slider bunk canvas from the dealer 10. Canvas installed twisted so it’s tight on one side and loose on the other 11. AC unit Freon leak caused freezing up and no cold air to blow out 12. Floor detached from sidewall and sunlight showed through 13. Door brace screws came out of ceiling As far as other issues, the storage design is poor and there is minimal storage compared to my previous pop up due to wasted space everywhere; Fans and bunk lights only work when main lights Are all on so no fans or bunk lights at night unless you want to wake up the whole camper; beds flatten to nothing and had to be covered with memory foam; power cable isn’t a standard connection type that most RV dealers carry so when your cord melts you can’t replace it on a trip (this was a nightmare); curtain tracks were screwed on with screws blocking the ability to slide the curtains open and closed.....need I say more? THE WORST CRAFTSMANSHIP I HAVE EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE. To make it worse, Forest River customer service will not return calls or emails and refuses to replace the brand new camper we paid $10k for and have used 6 times total but ZERO times without a major disaster. I will NEVER buy from these lazy crooks again and will do my best to ensure every camping site gets a review posted. This whole experience has been heartbreaking for my family and nothing but a total disaster. Anyone want to buy a brand new piece of junk that you have to work on daily during every camping trip? Didn’t think so. We got screwed.
- Brittany MacQuarrie, Missouri

2020-08-07 2019 Forest River Georgetown 30X3 View Listings

We have had our rv For 2 yrs we have had some very annoyed issues the slide . Which would not come in Now the slides are extending And retrActing without pushing the buttons . It has been at the storage area for 3wks now was checked on Tuesday the 4 of August And it was fine . Today 8 /7 the living room slideis out. Also the valances are coming lloose from the ceiling . It’s like they we’re screwed into nothing . We had issues with the overhead bed falling down which was a was a safety hazard .it was honored by FR after warranty also the floor under or slide out got ripped up which was honored by FR After Warranty. Very disappointed with it . Had a trailer for ten years before it had problems And another for two yrs . Would not suggest anyone buy A Forest River The problem is something is wrong electrical or what cost us more money ???
- Sizemore, Pennsylvania

2020-08-07 2017 Forest River Sunseeker 2500TS View Listings

We liked that it was comfortable and had so many nice features. The freezer had plenty of room. The stove worked great. Lots and lots of storage space. Outside faucet/shower great for doing dishes. Nice low lighting with LED for awning at night.
- Carol, New Jersey

2020-08-06 2016 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 23BD View Listings

I like the walk around bed and the slide-out. That's where the pluses end. The finish and overall quality are horrible. Many screws were left off and build was unsafe. The screws that were inside, did not stay in the shower area. I would not buy one again.
- gkd358, Washington

2020-08-06 2014 Forest River Wildwood Heritage Glen 336RLT View Listings

This 5th wheel is very open and feels like home. Really like this floor plan. It pulls like there is nothing behind you. Well built and had no problems with this unit . Have not had to use the warranty. I feel forest River is well made from top to bottom. The outdoor living area is big enough for multiple people, the awning is big and covers the outdoor Area from inclement weather . I would recommend this camper to anyone looking to enjoy Camping .
- Kevin , Kentucky

2020-08-06 2017 Forest River Sunseeker 2290S Ford View Listings

Drove through 36 states, did not tow, coach easy to drive and can park and get into most places. Great rv for 2 people. Not crazy about putting air in duel tires. Cushions in dining area could use a few more inches of padding.
- Dewey Smith, Florida

2020-08-06 2016 Forest River Wildwood 27RKSS View Listings

We loved it when we saw it. We started off with a Ford F450- Thor Motor coach. No expansion and were pulling a enclosed trailer with two Harleys in it. On our trip back from Wyoming, we decided to sell out Harleys and look at a towable trailer and trade in the motor coach if possible and replace it with a trailer. W really like the Forest River Wildwood trailer, but now that we've had it for 3 years, we are just going to get out of camping and sell the trailer. Been in many KOA camp sites and some others. Never had a problem while on trips...There is nothing wrong with the camper at all. I had the Air Conditioner replaced last summer while we were at Myrtle Beach SC campsite, and got an extended warranty on it. Most of the people we met while camping were younger than us.
- Edwin Helms, North Carolina

2020-08-05 2015 Forest River R-Pod RP-179 View Listings

Loved our RV with the tent/canopy attachment. We had plenty of room for the grandchildren in the tent area with air mattresses. When we had campsites with electricity, the kids had a fan to stay cool or a heater to stay warm. It was great to store extra coolers and on rainy days to grill in the covered area.
- vpickering, Washington

2020-08-05 2020 Forest River Rockwood Geo Pro G19FBS View Listings

Poorly built roofs. Look like garbage and will leak quickl. I bought one for over 40k and I wish I could throw it in the lake cause they won’t take it back lol. 5 days into owning the trailer had water running down the walls and in left on the hook. They say they can fix it like new but I said I thought I bought a new trailer lol
- Randy B, Saskatchewan

2020-08-05 2015 Forest River Georgetown 335DS View Listings

Awesome motor chassis transmission that's it the rest of it pretty much cheap seems the newer they are the worse they are all the blinds fell down because of plastic clips the slide cable broke twice and also had to replace slide motor the front seats and couch are peeling need to be reupholstered not in the Sun in the front driver's and passenger seat the chassis is coming away from the body you can sit there look down to your right on the passenger side there is a quarter inch Gap where you can actually see the wheel going around and Road the drive shaft has actually rubbed a hole in the plastic column from it bouncing up and down while driving we have it waxed three times a year the back and the front paint still fading bad clear coat second owner only seven thousand miles on it called warranty department they said sorry buddy you're not the first owner can't help these are all accurate and honest I have had motorhomes for 23 years
- Dan, Arizona

2020-08-05 2020 Forest River Wildwood 30KQBSS View Listings

I love this RV! It’s spacious and very livable with a large living and dining area, mid size refrigerator and 3 burner stove. The fireplace and surround sound are great touches. I can’t say enough good things about it.
- deonna05, Texas

2020-08-04 2003 Forest River Georgetown 362 View Listings

Great quality and durability. Tons of storage in the basement and the most closet space in its class. Lived in our RV for 3 years with no issues. The only reason we bought another RV was for a third slide. Will definitely miss this classic RV.
- gladdad1956, South Dakota

2020-08-04 2015 Forest River Georgetown 335DS View Listings

Engine tranny chassis awesome but let's be honest the rest of his junk it seems like the newer they are the worse they are all my blinds fell down because the clips are made of plastic cable on the slide broke twice motor went out driver side and passenger side if you look down there is a quarter inch Gap with the body is coming away from the chassis were you can see the road basically when you're driving or a passenger WTF the front seats and couch are peeling they need to be reupholstered and it's not because of sun we are meticulous junk junk junk junk I bought this with 7000 miles on it from the first owner and they will not warranty any of it because I am the second owner losers I feel sorry for older people that retire that want to travel when this stuff occurs don't buy if you're not mechanically inclined or have a second job to pay for all the things that break
- dannyray200, Arizona

2020-08-04 2012 Forest River Cardinal Luxury 3450 View Listings

this has been an amazing rv. Reliable and luxurious. This will be your home away from home or it could be your home! Rv is upgraded and serviced. There is nothing on this rv that doesn't work. You will not be dissapointed!
- Zach brown, North Carolina

2020-08-03 2018 Forest River R-Pod RP-178 View Listings

This has been a WONDERFUL RV to own. It tows like a dream. (We have to keep checking our rear-view mirrors to even see if it's there!) Set-up is fast and easy. Tear-down is equally fast and easy. The layout is great with two minor exceptions. Whomever is sleeping on the outside has to crawl over the other person to get up, and when you use the toilet at night, the light from it shines right into the eyes of the person still in bed. The kitchen area is very usable for the size, and the dining area is handy for dining, reading, watching TV, and just plain visiting or watching the campground. The only downside I see is if you have more than 2 people, you need to collapse the dining area to make up the additional bed. This works best for an easy get-away for 2 people. I am going to miss ours when it is gone, but we can't bring all the grandkids with us so we are upsizing. I especially like all the storage underneath, and the high wheel base. (We have the Hood River edition) Things stay right where they should when towing, and the air conditioner is a godsend that works great! For the price, this is a GREAT trailer!
- Gail, Washington

2020-08-02 2020 Forest River Surveyor 250FKS View Listings

Let's start e saying we sold our R-pod from forest river due to size. No issues what so ever, so decided to stay with Forest River and bought the Surveyor 250 FKS. Needless to say the RV place didn't do a proper PMI before we picked it up. However the fuse to the slide keeps blowing everytime we unplugged it from the power source. Then the first official trip we unplugged it before we left and the fuse didn't blow but now the refrigerator turns on but doesn't cool. Not sure what this issue is until we take it I to the shop. Shouldn't have these issues with a new trailer and maybe if the RV dealer c pool completed a proper PMI these issues would have bee found and fixed. We do love the floor plan and the space as well as the decor, it pulls great behind our Toyota Tundra as well. Hopefully when everything is corrected we will be Happy Campers:) I hope Forest River pays attention to this review.
- Brooke, Utah

2020-08-02 2019 Forest River Cherokee Arctic Wolf 305 View Listings

WE love the floor plan Everything has worked well. Our dealer Country Creek RV has been great at fixing every little problem. The things we have had problems with are things that should have been caught by quality control someone wasn't doing there job such as moulding missing moulding falling off no caulking around sinks, tubs and cabinet door glass. Thanks to our dealer it has all been fixed no questions asked. Other thing I would complain about is the blinds. There are five in the living area and all have had to be remounted, repaired or replaced. One thing I would suggest to any camper buyer is have the toppers added to your slides if they do not already have them. Did not have them on previous campers we had them added to this one and I promise there worth the cost.
- Glenn Rasberry, Mississippi