Forest River RVs Reviews (1,191)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Forest River RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Randy Pollock from Texas says:

Have you owned any Forest River RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Forest River R-Pod RP-178 View Listings

After much research, we decided to purchase a 2017 Rpod 179 from a dealer in Mesquite, Texas. Although the dealer is approximately 300 miles from our home in San Antonio, we felt confident that the combined quality of the traler and the assurance that we "could take it to any Forrest River dealer for service"', we would be safe. (There is no Rpod dealer within a 100 miles of where we live). The first time we had a problem with the electric tongue lift not working, we found that "any Forrest River dealer" for repairs was true. In fact, even with with Forrest River's help, we were left with called Ngo numerous dealers only to say no and offer no assistance. Fortunately, I did find an area Forrest River dealer has worked very hard to help us. They were the only dealer of 6 which I called that was willing to help us. Although they are not an RPod dealer, they have done much to help us. There has been a series of issues with the RPod which have greatly undermined my confidence in my camper. So far, our 6 month old camper has had considerable problems . Beginning with a defective tongue lift, we found ourselves with a heather that was so loud, we stopped using it and plugged in a stand alone. (Reported to be a piece of packing plastic inside the unit). We have experienced a water leak which flooded the rear storage compartment.(Break at the city water inlet). An A/C unit with a part missing that makes too much noise to use until the part comes in. (2 weeks in the shop so far). Blue caulk scattered on numerous portions of the black framing. Decals beginning peel in some places. This unit sold for $22 k before discount. The most a dealer will allow on trade is $9k. We are trapped in a camper that we have no faith in manufactured by a company we have no faith in and sold by a dealer we have no faith in. If I had a do over, I would have purchased something from a local dealer and it would not have been a Forrest River product.
- Randy Pollock, Texas

2019-08-23 2006 Forest River Lexington GTS 283GTS View Listings

The RV is fine, although it is falling apart and needs constant repairs. I'm OK with the repairs, however, the real problem is the service stinks. Both from the dealer, Lazy Days in Denver, and the manufacture. I have emailed and called, having to leave messages because no one picks up the phone, and no one ever calls back or returns the email. Just absolutely horrible service. I would never buy anything from either company again. Tom
- tomasorensen@hotmail.com, Colorado

2019-08-23 2015 Forest River Wildwood 27TDSS View Listings

Email me with questions. Extended warranty/transferable Like new/excellent condition Sleeps 9 One pop out Lots of storage. Many extras! 2015 Forest River Wildwood 31.5’ Email or call with questions Thank you
- Tim, California

2019-08-23 2018 Forest River No Boundaries NB19.5 View Listings

I purchased a No Boundaries (nobo) 19.5 travel trailer March 2018 from McPhails of Harriston in Harriston Ontario. I traded in my rpod for this nobo because Lisa Rowley told me it would suit my lifestyle of kayaking and going to off grip destinations. I purchased it and 3 hours later the microwave came out, vent and the stove glass top had come off. The next time I took the trailer to PA for vacation and the stove and microwave came out again plus a cupboard door came off. It has been back to forest for two months. Certified dealers fixed it but issues repeat. I haven't used the stove ever and I am scared to since it moves around. Countertop is coming off and the sink has come apart. The stove is on its 4th warranty, slide wall has come out and no longer can use the slide. It is having electrical issues and I can't use the fridge. I have to keep food in a cooler since my fridge won't run when I am not plugged in and the trailer shakes so bad inside nothing survives in the fridge or in the trailer for that matter. I want my money back. Forest river and dealer are doing a song and dance. I just posted a you tube video no boundaries 19.5 travel trailer my nightmare. If anyone else is dealing with this trailer please email me at nobonitemare@gmail.com I am in Canada but please email me. Thanks. My trailer name is Warran Tease. I can joke about it somewhat but it has been an ongoing nightmare. It is a very expensive tent. Issue after issue daily.
- Laura Tracey, Ontario

2019-08-22 2019 Forest River Forester 3271SF View Listings

Just traded our fr3 30ds for this class c. Much more comfortable and handles lots better plus has many more upgrades such as a touch panel for a/c, slide out, generator, battery strength for engine and house batteries. Wish we'd bought this instead of the 30ds.
- Ken Wilson , Florida

2019-08-20 2018 Forest River Rockwood Freedom 2318G View Listings

The Forest River Rockwood 2318G was easy to pull with my MKX Lincoln and set up, beds extremely comfortable, heater/air conditioner works great, we loved the slide out plenty of room for 6 people to have dinner, side couch for great for watching TV, porta- potty great for in the middle of the night, shower comes in handy to rinse children off, handle by front door . Over all we loved it and hate to sell it. Purchased for are adult children but because of work schedules it is barley being used.
- Joe Kross, Illinois

2019-08-19 2018 Forest River XLR Nitro 36T15 View Listings

I just wanted to add a little something I just read another review on a forest river nitro toy hauler 36t15. I also every time I take my toy hauler anywhere find 2 to 5 bolts nuts screws on the floor every single screw every single bolt fell out of my back bench seating area we also have 1 inch air gap‘s around the back door I’ve found bolts that fell off the cabinet trimwork is falling off almost every direction in the trailer bedroom door trim we had to use spare tire we let the spare tire down with the tools they give us it’s plastic octagon shape stripped out the very first time I used it I opened up the tube where you put your sewage hose the door snapped off the very first day I wish I opened every door every closet tried every single thing before I spent $87,000 on this trailer thank God for my dealer he has fixed almost every problem we had and they told me they never turned anything in for warranty of course nuts and bolts I replaced they use these drill tip self tapping screws that hollow out the hole and then the bolts just fall right out
- Edward f DeSantis , New York

2019-08-19 2018 Forest River XLR Nitro 36T15 View Listings

OK well when we first picked up our camper the refrigerator did not work it was never even hooked up then we were having a problem with water come to find out the water tanks never were even strapped in they were falling out of the unit and the back garage there are two plugs up in the second bunk area the holes were literally 2 inches too tall to inches too wide the covers and plugs fell right in the holes now we just took it on a big trip and we started blowing tires we made it home after replacing three tires and the axle is bent in the rear 7000 pound axles on a 14,000 pound trailer as of today the factory contacted us and told us we must’ve hit something which is very untrue they said the toy holler area is rated for 3600 pounds well we only had 1540 in it before they told us we hit something they told us we had it overloaded now they want me to turn it into my insurance I’ve never turned anything into my insurance and this is $100,000 trailer not a 10,000 or 20 thousand I towed my $20,000 toy hauler coachman everywhere it had 30,000 miles on it I’ve never had a problem and I put two full dressers in my coachman not too small motorcycles so be where they are not building a true Toy hauler they want you to drive around with it empty enough space to put your dogs I was going to buy a brand new thunderbolt which is 16,000 pounds with triple axels but if they can’t build a small trailer they can’t build a big trailer they lost my business
- Edward F Desantis, New York

2019-08-19 2018 Forest River Wildcat 34WB View Listings

Bought New. We liked the openness and cabinets and lots of storage - great. We are not full time rver's at this time, but do want to travel and spend time in it. Our issue: the poor quality and how uncomfortable the furniture in the living area is. You spend a day with kids or site seeing, want to prop your feet up and relax. It came with rocker, recliner chairs that swivel wherever they want if you try to recline them and difficult to keep them in a reclining position. The L-shaped couch is poor quality as well. (our last trip it walked away from wall) Forest River came up with an open-wide body floor plan then took up space with the L couch. So we went shopping, bought a two piece and a 3 piece theater seating, placed in camper in unit by a large rv sales company. Something wasn't right, returned to rv store. Service writer informed us slide on kitchen side not wide enough to accommodate this furniture and we should have been told that. The store removed and refunded the furniture. No solution for our delimma which leaves us with no other choice but to get rid of this fifth wheel since it is not meeting our needs for this season of our life and so far no one can help us solve this issue. Willing to purchase furniture for it but so far no solution found. Hope this helps others pick a rig that they will enjoy. Definitely no swivel, rocker recliners.
- Harold Meadows, Texas

2019-08-19 2016 Forest River R-Pod RP-183G View Listings

This was the best learning/fun little RV! We traveled fairly close to home and met wonderful people along the way. New chapter in our lives to begin so we must bid aidue ☹️ Have loved this camper. I cooked over the fire, used our grill and loved the outside kitchen. Never lost the feeling of being outside because we mostly were!!
- Mary Lou Loyd, New Jersey

2019-08-17 2018 Forest River R-Pod RP-177 View Listings

Upon pick up in Sept. 17 a number of items were not done properly, all small in nature. When coming back in April 2018 with the final towing vehicle for installation of the brake controller, I was charged another $ 200.00 because the intended controller did not fit my vehicle. I have e-mails proving they were aware of the make and type of the towing vehicle since Aug. 2017 Cover plate of the stereo was loose Exterior lock did not work. Drawer not properly fitted, so it opened when driving Numerous pieces of trim too short, off color etc. Left front bench improperly placed. Caused the covering sheet of plywood to fall through when someone sat on it. Refused to install missing spice rack, in spite of clear documentation and photos showing it. Windows extremely hard to slide from the closed position. Handle of one of the drain pipe gates broke in two pieces Cover plate for the sewer storage tube broken. Hotwatertank sprung a leak in our absence, flooding the rear of the unit and blowing the control system. Battery either does not hold any power or there is a severe electrical leak in the system draining the battery in less than 12 hours. Right front window’s valance is coming off Slide out quit working. No instructions as to how to move the slide out by hand. Mattress is collapsing on both sides. As of Aug. 17, 2019: Total time spent in the unit since purchase: 40 days. Total kms on the road since purchase: 4800 kms.
- G. Van Apeldoorn, Alberta

2019-08-16 2019 Forest River Forester 3051S View Listings

We've only had this class C for a couple of weeks and the shower leaked all over the place with number 1 number 2 the couch came undone from the floor number 3 found that the paper on the doors are starting to peel off and not completely finished number 4 to go through the bathroom and out and a rear end to get to the other side of the bed the bedroom is too small it needs a splash guard behind the sink so it doesn't get the couch wet the air conditioner does not flow well in the bedroom and the air conditioning unit leaks on the floor if too much humidity
- Penny, Texas

2019-08-15 2017 Forest River Sandpiper 389RD View Listings

Our purchase of the 389RD began like every other unit we bought new. Lots of "issues" that had to be corrected by the dealer. All of ours were under warranty and we had no issues with warranty payment. Some of the items were design issues that someone should have know, like wrong size breaker for the landing gear. After a few trips to the dealer, we were finally up to where we needed to be on day one. We have now had the unit an additional 1+ years and no problems. Love the space, wife loves the residential refrigerator and pantry the light from the sliding patio door is great. Ours has a few upgrades that make it more comfy like King size bed, 2nd AC and 2nd TV, it sure makes "glamping" more fun......
- Bob Konst, Georgia

2019-08-15 2020 Forest River Sabre 38DBQ View Listings

We purchased this unit while in California to full time from for the duration of my husbands military career. The floorplan is great, especially having two children. They have their own room with a door and their own bathroom with a tub! Plenty of storage in their room as well. More than the master honestly. The living room area is spacious enough and so is the bedroom. It has the capability for washer and dryer hookups, but for full time usage, that would mean getting rid of half the wardrobe. You'll also have to cut a hole in the side of your rig for the dryer vent as it's not already vented. We are thinking of a ventless washer/dryer combo to forego that. Having lived in it for about 3 months now, we've noticed some issues. Almost every cabinet knob is crooked. The trim work just comes out on it's own and we have to tap it back in. The backsplash in our bathroom wasnt measured correctly so it bows outward. We mentioned it before we left the lot and the guy offered to trim some off the top so it would lay flush with the wall but instead he just globbed more adhesive inside to try and get it to stick down. The wiring for the dvd player in the living room is completely sealed down into the woodwork. There's no way to access it if a cord breaks;like in our case, the video output cord broke off in the tv rendering the built in dvd player useless as it cant transmit the video to the tv anymore and we cant replace the cable on our own because all of the wiring is sealed.The wiring is also wrong and we cant turn off the outside speakers and it has blue lights surrounding them that are illuminated 24/7. None of the zone buttons on the remote work properly. It either shuts off all sound, or just the sound inside leaving the outside speakers on. The only "fix" was to fade the volume all the way to the inside. Our tanks were wired improperly as well. Tank Levers Outside Front gray lever = Gray 1 sensor inside Front black lever = Black 1 sensor inside, the only two correct. Rear Galley/Waste Water lever = Gray 2 sensor inside Rear Gray lever = Black 2 sensor inside, but gray water comes out. Black tank lever on our daughters bathroom side releases black water, but the sensor in her bathroom just says "waste" leading you to think it's for the waste water lever outside. Her black tank should go to the black 2 sensor inside. The king bed in our bedroom is able to incline and make more room in the bedroom walk space, well that's broken after 2 months of use and we have to physically push the bed up into its final position. The black tank flush ports are backwards. You would think the first one would fill the front tank, but it fills the back, and the one to the right of it fills the front. And lastly, the MyRV touch screen panel that does the auto leveling does only that. It has how to videos on how it can control the lighting, awning and show tank levels etc. but it cant even connect to wifi. One how-to video says click the "apps and internet" button to access all this cool stuff, but ours just says "apps" and in it we can only set the time on that panel and access electronic versions of the manual. To hook up to wifi it says to locate the wireless hub but we dont have one. Older models do, why not our 2020? Makes no sense. Everything seems so haphazardly and carelessly put together during its production and the only reason we chose this make and model was because it was the only one we could find that had the best layout for a family of 4.
- Adrian Baca, Oklahoma

2019-08-15 2019 Forest River Forester 3271SF View Listings

We researched for over a year and a half and decided on this New Forester by Forest River. Our research found Forest River to be one of the top quality RV for our price range. The first week we had it we loaded up our supplies and belongings to head to a wedding in Michigan. By the way we sold our house and planned on living in the RV full time. We stopped at a local campground for a couple of days to get organized and put things away. It started raining pretty steady. The super slide started leaking badly. So bad we had to close the slide. it took 2 hours to clean up the water. The next day we drove 2 hours back to the dealer to have it repaired. The dealership GGT in Concord, NC.did a great job on the repairs. We did expect to have issues but we were in for a big surprise. Got to Michigan around the first of October. We noticed a bad water leak under the RV. Couldn't find the source. We determined it was gray water leaking. Got back to NC went to the dealer to get it repaired. They found a loose drain trap under the shower. Repaired and went to South Carolina and parked for a week. It started leaking again. Looked at the drain trap again and it was off. I took it completely off and found that there wasn't a slip ring gasket in it. Went Lowes got one and fixed it myself. Decided to go to Alabama for a couple of months. Got setup there and noticed we had some outside lights out. The porch light quit and was told warranty did not cover the lights. So put it on our list. Then the ice maker water line in the refrigerator was leaking badly inside under the refrigerator and kitchen. Shut off the water supply and went 4 hours one way to a Forest River dealer to have repaired. Spent 2 nights in their parking lot waiting for repairs to be made. They had to remove the refrigerator. Found that the water line had a hole burnt in it. They repaired it and separated the water line away from a gaggle of wires and put an casing around the water line to protect it. Went back to our campground and set back up. The slide was dragging when it was going out. Finished up the month at that campground and started putting everything away to head to the next place. The slide came back only half way and stopped. Called several dealers and no one would work on it because they did not sell us the RV.or put us off for 2 to 4 months. Called the manufacturer of the RV and was no help. The service department at our dealer was no help. I figured out that the front motor quit. So I took it out and was able to pull the slide in by hand. Moved to the next campground and and called for 2 days to try and get it repaired. No luck. We bought the extended warranty so I called them. They were sending out a mobile tech to look at it. Everything had to be ok'd by Forest River before any repairs could be made. The service tech called and said we had to pay up front for the repairs. Their drive time was added and milage was added. Parts was added and then Forest River had to ok repairs and ship parts to them. They wanted close to $2000.00 before they would come look at it. We decided no to that. We sit for the entire month of February with no slide. We had company during that time and what an inconvenience. We also had the DVD player quit in the meantime. We drove over 800 miles back to the dealer with 2 pages of repairs to be made. The waste tank monitors did not work correctly. The awning would not work from the panel inside. Various other issues had to be addressed. We took our 2 of issues to the general manager at GGT and he put us with another service person to go over the repairs to be done. They had the RV the entire month of March. Mind you we didn't have a house go to. The day we got it back they put the slide out and it tore the lynoleum floor. They repaired the best they could and said in order to replace it the slide would have to come completely out and could take a month to replace. We left that in the back burner for now. Well we have 2 more pages of repairs to be made. The trim on the front of the coach shrank because they painted vinyl trim and it doesn't do well with being painted. Had to replace with regular trim. Having an electrical issue now headed to Florida for a week. It's going back to the dealer until all is repaired. Numerous problems. No quality control at the factory. They threw the RVs together just to have the dealerships do all their sloppy work. Under the slide, refrigerator, the couch and throughout the RV trash,dirt and screws were everywhere.it was a mess. Front end had to be realigned. We paid for that and was reembursed for that awful experience and it's now August. 11 months of nitemares. Dealer is working to get it straightened out but this is rediculous.
- Steve Marshia, North Carolina

2019-08-15 2015 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 27RR View Listings

We went from a 40 ft 5th wheel to this camper. We pulled it with a Ford F150 Eco Boost with no problem. We did not like the swaying but purchased a Hensley no sway hitch and it eliminated the problem. We were very comfortable for extended camping trips. The living/Kitchen area is so spacious and comfortable. The bedroom was smaller than we were used to but we had no problems adjusting to it once we had a regular mattress made for it (I do not like the mattresses that come with most units). We had problems with the Air Unit but it was replaced under warranty and there were no other problems. We also had an additional door added to make well storage easier. We would not be selling it if it were not for my husbands stroke. We will not be able to camp anymore.
- Ruth Woods, Georgia

2019-08-15 2019 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 22RR View Listings

Overall very pleased with our trailer our family of 4 fits nicely there are a few miner issues but for the price I expected them only major problem I found is that the shower needs more support under the base an loose fitting on the sink pulls ok with out half ton 2015 gmc dose pull down a bit in the mountains
- Paul Lawrence, West Virginia

2019-08-14 2020 Forest River Georgetown XL 378TS View Listings

The lack of quality assurance by this company is astounding! Shower doors installed upside down, shower leaks all over the floor, seam between floor an back wall not sealed (can see the ground outside from the inside), gasket on vehicle not installed correctly (gasket pushed back leaving a 2 x 2 inch hole allowing hot air from outside to mix with AC air so it doesn't get cold), vehicle AC expansion valve not working properly (can't get proper pressures on AC system), holes in fire wall not sealed etc. I could go on but I would be writing all day.
- David Youmans , Florida

2019-08-13 2016 Forest River Evo ATS 240BHS View Listings

This RV was fairly decent. I bought it brand new in may of 17. I should have realized it was junk right away. Before our first use I had to modify the ledges to turn the kitchen table into a bed because the table wouldn't stay on. Then on first trip the shower door rail started to pull off wall. 2nd trip in and the whole panel on one side under bathroom sink ripped off when simply unplugging a cord from the power socket. Now at just over 2 years of having and under 1000 miles total on trip 5 the roof leaks over the master bed and the floor is caving in in one spot. I definitely recommend taking your money to another manufacturer. Don't make the mistake I made of spending thousands on this junk
- Darrick, Utah

2019-08-13 2014 Forest River Salem 27RLSS View Listings

They're built cheap. It has a thin top roof but it was not installed correctly. Something is wrong if they expect you to keep piling on caulk all around the roof. It's now 6 years old and the screws are rusty. The aluminum skin collects condensation inside the walls and probably rots out the wood. Two of the screws do not screw I to anything and never did! I am not happy with this travel trailer.
- Preston Monaghan, Texas

2019-08-13 2017 Forest River XLR Hyper Lite 29HFS View Listings

As far as the overall RV I have not had that many problems. One of the pocket doors rail mounts on the door broke. I ordered the parts but had a hard time trying to get them to go back into the pins and lock. I finally took off the trim over the door which made it much easier to connect and lock the door to the rail. I put the trim back on with a couple of screws so if I need to work on it again it will be easy to get to. Need to make sure the door is closed before traveling. My fuel pump quit working so the gas gauge does not work. The main problems I have is the generator. So far it has been in for service 4 times. 3 in Missouri, they replaced the started and relay. Recently went on a trip out west. In Colorado I tried to start the generator and it would run a little and die. Finally got it to run for a longer time and it died early in the morning. In Cheyenne Wy the generator would continually surge. At times it would start and seem to run at the correct speed and then start to surge. It would not run the AC. Took it to a Cummins service center and the tech said the carburator was bad. Cost me $415 to replace. That evening started the gen and it kept shutting down when I turned on the AC. The AC has the fast start capacitor in it. Finally had to use shore power by using an extension cord. Call the service center and was told that they gen loses a lot of wattage due to the altitude. The altitude on the carb was set to 6000 ft which was the altitude in Cheyenne. Even trying to run 2 small fans the gen kept shutting down. Got home and ran the gen with the AC and refrig on with no problem. Don't know why they have an altitude compensation adjustment on the carb if it does nothing. Wondering why Onan makes a RV generator that does not work when you get in the mountains. On the plus side the toy hauler pull great, don't even feel it behind you. I replace both the mattress because the ones that came with the trailer were very uncomfortable. The bathroom is rather small and with the tall cabinet next to the sink it is a little tight. It is a big step up to get into the shower. Getting out one time I almost fell. Probably will make some kind of step. Some of the decals of peeling off. Have to be careful to make sure all the drawers are full closed before extending the slide out or it will catch on one of the drawer handles. Wish they had a side in the bedroom so there was more room. There is not much space on each side of the bed. Hard to get dress in such a limited space. I bought the cold weather package and upgraded air conditioner. The area inside under the slide get a lot warmer than other parts of the trailer since there in not much if any insulation on the top of the slide out. Think adding the pull out awning might help to keep it cooler. Kitchen faucet is very cheap and will probably break sometime. There are no manuals for several things. Like the blue lights over a couple of the cabinets. Also have the 3 seat recliner which is great .
- Bob G, Missouri

2019-08-12 2018 Forest River Rockwood 2109S View Listings

This is a great little camper for a couple or a small family. space inside is really usable, what I really like is that you can walk all the way around the bed it's not cramped on one side it's also very easy to tow and has everything you need.
- Anonymous, North Carolina

2019-08-11 2020 Forest River FR3 30DS View Listings

We bought the FR3 in Kentucky. Drove down to Florida and the headlights started flickering. Kept going on and off.Had to spend our money and stay in a hotel. Drove home. Parked in a RV Campground. Called about fixing the headlights. Couldn't get into a Ford Dealership for 2 weeks. Went over today to drive the RV for the appt on Monday. The bedroom slide will,not go in. Called Safe Ride, they would not send anyone out on Sunday. Hopefully, we can still keep our appt to fix headlights tomorrow. The dealership where we bought it has been very helpful.
- Jamesfross@insightbb.com, Florida

2019-08-11 2019 Forest River Rockwood Mini Lite 2507S View Listings

solid construction, space saver murphy queen bed, good size shower and bath room, outside 2nd kitchen with stove refer and sink.and plenty of storage. tows easy with a f-150 ford truck, A+++++++++++++
- Everett Vestal, California

2019-08-10 2018 Forest River Rockwood Ultra Lite 2620WS View Listings

Largest living, small (less than 30’) 5th Wheel. Everyone is amazed when they walk in. Super wide. Tons of interior storage. Only 7500 lbs dry. Pulled it from FL to Upstate NY. Tropical RV in Fort Pierce!
- Bill Cabrera, Florida