Forest River Reviews on RV Insider (1,537)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Forest River RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Randy Pollock from Texas says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Forest River R-Pod RP-178 View Listings

After much research, we decided to purchase a 2017 Rpod 179 from a dealer in Mesquite, Texas. Although the dealer is approximately 300 miles from our home in San Antonio, we felt confident that the combined quality of the traler and the assurance that we "could take it to any Forrest River dealer for service"', we would be safe. (There is no Rpod dealer within a 100 miles of where we live). The first time we had a problem with the electric tongue lift not working, we found that "any Forrest River dealer" for repairs was true. In fact, even with with Forrest River's help, we were left with called Ngo numerous dealers only to say no and offer no assistance. Fortunately, I did find an area Forrest River dealer has worked very hard to help us. They were the only dealer of 6 which I called that was willing to help us. Although they are not an RPod dealer, they have done much to help us. There has been a series of issues with the RPod which have greatly undermined my confidence in my camper. So far, our 6 month old camper has had considerable problems . Beginning with a defective tongue lift, we found ourselves with a heather that was so loud, we stopped using it and plugged in a stand alone. (Reported to be a piece of packing plastic inside the unit). We have experienced a water leak which flooded the rear storage compartment.(Break at the city water inlet). An A/C unit with a part missing that makes too much noise to use until the part comes in. (2 weeks in the shop so far). Blue caulk scattered on numerous portions of the black framing. Decals beginning peel in some places. This unit sold for $22 k before discount. The most a dealer will allow on trade is $9k. We are trapped in a camper that we have no faith in manufactured by a company we have no faith in and sold by a dealer we have no faith in. If I had a do over, I would have purchased something from a local dealer and it would not have been a Forrest River product.
- Randy Pollock, Texas

2020-05-31 2018 Forest River Rockwood Roo 233S View Listings

We purchased a used 2018 Rockwood roo 233s. I really like how much work and effort Forest River puts into their rockwoods. Very well crafted. And the amount of storage on such a small framed trailer while keeping it very spacious inside, they did an awesome job. The canvas beds are great. Even living in a windy area the beds are quiet. I never imagined a canvas bed would be so solid. When we looked at it open the wind was 20-30 with gusts in the 40’s and you couldn’t tell that being inside. We have not had any issues that are due to manufacturing. Water lines, cabinets, appliances are all great quality. Very pleased with my purchase and have shown it off and bragged about it a lot.
- Danny Blankenship, Texas

2020-05-29 2017 Forest River Forester 3011DS View Listings

This RV is excellent. We love this model. So many good things to say about this RV. The floor plan, the counter space, the wrap around dinette to seat more people, the leather sofa that folds out to a bed, the huge bed over the drivers cab, the queen master bedroom with cedar lined closets. The USB ports everywhere. Three tv's that run off 12 volts so you don't need to be plugged into power or have the generator on to use them. Oh and don't forget the huge refrigerator. There never is enough spaced in a RV refrigerator but this one has it! 4 door refrigerator with ice maker. Yes an ice maker that produces ice quicker and faster thank our home refrigerator. That issue of finding space to put a trash can. This RV has a built in, under counter trash can that empties from an outside compartment. It's hidden behind the outside television. Lastly, there is plenty of space to walk through even when the slides haven't been extended. This is an excellent choice if you are looking to buy an RV.
- Chris , California

2020-05-27 2020 Forest River Salem 31KQBTS View Listings

Great layout for our family of 6 and 2 dogs. The fridge inside is nice and big. The bunk area is great with the ability to close the kids in and lets them sleep. Perfect design and layout in my opinion and this is my 3rd trailer. Outside kitchen is great withe metal counter so I never have to worry about rot or anything. I've only stayed in a seasonal spot with this and leave the slides out from April to October. So far I've owned it for 10 months and 1 winter.
- Mike Wrobo, Illinois

2020-05-26 2016 Forest River Sabre 36QBOK View Listings

Simply put this is the worst purchase we've ever made! This unit is so dangerous that we will never use it again. Every time we have used it we have blown (2) tires while in use. This is such a problem that Forest River took it from Arizona back to the factory in Indiana for repairs. We were with out it for almost a year. Once we got it back, we still have problems. This past weekend we blew two tires while traveling between Utah & Arizona. Care to guess how many spares are on-board this unit? Yep, just one! Chad Cook with Sabre Warranty confirmed that it is out of warranty and "good luck to you" ... even with the recorded history of this unit. We have had issues from the very first trip, what does it take to have someone look at this more? An accident with injuries or death? Anyway, we intend to pursue legal action, in the mean time PLEASE, PLEASE consider every other brand and manufacturer when making your next RV purchase.
- Nate, Arizona

2020-05-25 2019 Forest River Vibe 32BH View Listings

I bought my 2019 32bh vibe exactly one year ago. Today is may 25th amd its been in for repair since the beginning of February. Almost 4 months, and it has been in for months earlier. Probably had it 6 or 7 month in the year that I owned it. First trip the wood over the top of the super slide split down the middle. It took a year to get fixed. My awning fell off while driving down the road. The lag bolt pulled right out and when the walls were pulled off for repair it was discovered that backing plates weren't put in the walls. Now I have a big metal plate with bolts and nuts on the inside of my camper. The edges on the side of my roof weren't properly nailed down and pop up along the length of my camper on both sides not allowing proper drainage. The paint on the rock guard came off in spots and it looks like trash now. Now my awning motor doesn't work. The craftsmanship is trash, no quality. Do yourself a favor and find a better manufacturer.
- James stubbs, Florida

2020-05-25 2020 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf Limited View Listings

Biggest mistake buying this cheaply made trailer. Problem after problem and customer service at Forest River and dealership that sold it is nonexistent. Shower stall leaked. Many more water leaks popping up. Please pass word to pass up Forest River products
- Diane Reed , Massachusetts

2020-05-25 2016 Forest River Sunseeker MBS 2400R View Listings

These guys are amazing, I needed a motor home so I can visit grandsons. They made it happen, from the financial end to the inspection,to the owner,salesman everyone thank you. I AM BEYOND HAPPY...My dog Winston thanks you too....he had a great time and more to come
- April Cardenas , Iowa

2020-05-23 2019 Forest River Cherokee Wolf Pack 365PACK16 View Listings

Love the layout and garge size . Quality is extremely poor . Every time we take it out , something else fails or falls apart. Warranty issues , nothing but a joke . Overall I would never recommend one to anyone.
- Ben roen, Minnesota

2020-05-22 2018 Forest River Cedar Creek Hathaway 38FBD View Listings

We purchased a new Cedar Creek Hathaway for the floor plan and finishes. After camping several times in our area, we made a trip to Alaska. The camper developed several problems to include window seals, split half bath wall, and slide issues. We were able to get the slide partially repaired, and finished our time in Alaska. I called cedar creek and was directed to an authorized shop in Coeur d'alene Idaho. I was told the camper would have to return the camper for slide rail upgrade. The half bath wall, as I was told, would need to be re-glued (wall joists did not line up) and the leaking window did not get addressed. I traded in the camper and will not buy another Forest River product.
- Terry Custer, Tennessee

2020-05-22 2015 Forest River Georgetown 351DS View Listings

Great space, all amenities you need, like hotel on wheels. Generator allows for off grid camping without sacrificing comfort. Tanks big enough for week of camping. Camped down to 10 below without issues. Large propane tank last full season. Drives well for big rig.
- Randall Rinehart , Illinois

2020-05-22 2020 Forest River Cardinal Luxury 3700FLX View Listings

We bought 2020 cardinal luxury 370FLX We LOVE IT! However we have had issues. The wiring ... the cable and satellite had issues.. Havent worked with the service department yet so ..... The ice maker doesnt work And it makes random clunking noises.. other than that we love it ... It's beautiful its homey and its ours... Time to travel and see Gods beautiful country
- Cassandra, Oregon

2020-05-21 2019 Forest River Cherokee Alpha Wolf 26DBH-L View Listings

First off we love this trailer. Before our first year I found some issues with the trailer. I took it to Blue Dog RV and they said they could fix it but since it was under factory warranty they would defer to Forest River. Forest River said yes they would fix the issues with my trailer but with a catch, they needed to take it from Oregon to Indiana. I protested telling them about the Forest River manufacturers in Oregon. They took it back anyway putting 5,000 total miles on my trailer in the middle of winter. My trailer came back and I found several things that were damaged during the transport. One of the issues was because of the salt they use on the roads in the plains and midwest my stabilizers rusted out. There are a lot for rust damage on the under carriage. Some of the other issues tbeh agreed to fix with no issues. Once I got the trailer back it went into storage and didn't move until after Blue Dog opened back up. It was because they drove my 2019 trailer back to Indiana in winter it has the damage. They tell me they don't warranty rust but it was because of them I have damage.
- Jason Ritter, Oregon

2020-05-20 2015 Forest River Forester 3051S View Listings

We loved traveling the country in this beautiful RV. There is so much storage, we are able to travel with whatever comforts we wanted. It was easy to park in camp spots and easy to set up for the night. We also installed a tow hitch so we could bring our automobile for side trips. It was fun taking the grand kids on the road with us. They were able to play games while traveling or stretch out on the bed and watch a movie. The many windows added a full view of scenery wherever we went. What great memories!
- wlarsen52, Arizona

2020-05-20 2018 Forest River Cherokee Arctic Wolf 315TBH8 View Listings

We bought our Forest River Cherokee Arctic Wolf 315TBH8 New in 2018. The floor plan, color scheme and extras like auto level were what drew us to this product line. We soon realized that the overall attention to quality and detail was limited. Our awning was poorly mounted and had to be re-anchored, our entertainment system was wired incorrectly with no way of turning off external speakers, tv antenna was improperly secured and lost during travel, slide floors were improperly constructed allowing water to penetrate flooring, lots of molding and trim was loose or fell off. Although most repairs were easily fixed by myself, things like this shouldn’t be an issue when you make a purchase like this. Once I repaired/replaced the factory issues, I added a lippert suspension upgrade for smoother towing, under unit spare tire carrier, alternative color LED lights to awning for better illumination, etc. All this made the RV what it should have been when it was new.
- Brad Bartels , Colorado

2020-05-19 2020 Forest River Wildwood FSX Platinum 178BHS View Listings

It is a great floor plan and is easy to tow with even a car. It is worth every penny for this unit. I feel very "at home" camping and the bed is very comfortable. It is amazing that this unit can sleep so many people. Love it!
- Linden, Michigan

2020-05-19 2019 Forest River Georgetown 30X3 View Listings

Since buying my new 2019 FR3 30X3 IT IS PLAGUED BY MANY PROBLEMS 1 wrong couch used when made into a bed the bottom of the bed is 4 inches lower than the front with a 2 inch gap between cushions Mike Hale from Forest River was going to replace it .After two weeks he reneged on this and gave me an option of theater seating which is of no use for my application .Extending the legs and a air mattress . All i want is the right couch for this unit .Was told that it would hit the counter top when extended which is hard to believe as there is over 8 feet from slide out to counter top .This couch has no tags as to manufacturer or content as required by law Not to pleased when this is the way they treat customers. 2 Roof damaged and patched now showing cracking .Will see what my dealer will do . 3 Floor in shower cracked 4 water pump cracked 5 Decal split since last review couch replaced still waiting on shower repair to get finished had to have entry door replaced was damaged and kept opening while driving still opens wile driving bottom of slide split from roller biggest disappointment for a new unit must say dealer has been ok but forest river a complete disappointment as this unit has only been used twice rest of the time at dealer. Do yourself a favor and run don't walk away from anything Forest River makes.
- George Harris, Ontario

2020-05-19 2018 Forest River Cedar Creek Hathaway 36CK2 View Listings

Our RV looks stunning with the full body paint which matches our Dodge Ram 3500. It became embarrassing at times with the amount of compliments we get. We can’t fault the RV it tows really well, sometimes we have to look to see if it’s still following. We put this down to the set up with the side winder and the Air ride. We have the extra cab Dodge Ram 3500 with self leveling it seems to be the perfect set up. As for the RV it has everything we could possibly ask for. It doesn’t have a generator as we hate the noise but it is fully set up with solar and 4 deep cycle batteries, propane/electric fridge is great for overnighting anywhere or for boon-docking for extended periods. If a generator was to be added it is fully prepped for it. We are from Australia and have been sharing the American dream, however with the travel bans unlikely to be lifted for quite some time we are selling the RV we may consider selling the truck if anyone would like the unit.
- Roger Cartwright , Indiana

2020-05-18 2015 Forest River Wildwood X-Lite 281QBXL View Listings

I bought my trailer used after someone traded it in for a larger trailer 3 months after buying it. I got a great price. The trailer has now been from coast to coast and from Canada down to south Florida and I have to say so far we have been completely pleased. I have had the trailer for four years and I'm running into some maintenance now after putting around 50,000 miles on the trailer. I figure it's due. It is a 2015 Wildwood X-Lite 281QBXL. It has been pretty tough. I wish the front storage compartment had bigger doors. Nothing is heavy duty but it says X-Lite on the front of the trailer which sums it up. I do regular maintenance on it and overall it has exceeded my expectations so far. It isn't perfect but I would buy it again. Good value for the money.
- Ron Emmert, Indiana

2020-05-17 2019 Forest River Cherokee 274RK View Listings

We've only had this RV two weeks and things are already going wrong. Frig door hits the island sink and doesn't open all the way (a really bad design flaw I should have noticed when shopping around), the frig door clip has broken off, feels like you're going to fall through the shower floor, the stabilizers are cheap (and three are already bent), the flooring is rough and scratchy on bare feet, storage area under bathroom sink is taken up with plumbing and has no room for anything else and I'm pretty sure the front door isn't closing properly. It shouldn't take so much effort to close a door. Not happy with the travel trailer at all.
- Ariel Robinson, Texas

2020-05-16 2019 Forest River Wildcat Maxx 262RGX View Listings

The biggest issue was the main slide out would not work. The manual crank could not be used,as the holes for the crank did not line up. Working through our RV dealer, No resolution, not a word from Forest River. Fortunately, the dealer made a work around so the slide motor resets itself. Also, glass fell out of an upper cabinet. The shower doors had to be re installed. Other experience’s have been great.
- David Cook, Washington

2020-05-15 2020 Forest River Salem Villa 42DL View Listings

We owned a jay flight pull camper for 12 years. We never had an issue but always wanted a fifth wheel camper. After several years of looking we found our dream camper - a Salem Hemisphere. It had everything we was looking for. We bought it from Camping World brand new over the phone sight unseen. We were so excited! We got it home and had problems with the tv and the chandelier over the table was broke. No big deal. So we took it back (1 1/2 hours away) and they fixed it after two weeks of waiting on parts. The weather finally cleared so we could take it out. We arrive excited at our campsite. We push the button for the slide out to go out and we hear a loud noise and the slide quits moving! Ugh. The door on the island in the kitchen had fallen off too. We tried calling Good Sam to help with the slide and they couldn’t get anyone to help us. They told us to go ahead and push it back in. We leave and we get to the dump station and the handle to the black tank broke! So no way to drain tanks. We call camping world and they tell us to bring it back to fix. They have had it for over two weeks and have done nothing because they said Forrest River won’t authorize the warranty work!!! Why??? We have a trip booked for Gulf Shores in two weeks that has been reserved for a year. We called Forrest River and the representative said they are waiting on the company that made the parts to authorize the warranty!! What a run around. We have owned this camper for three months and have yet to get to enjoy it because all we get is the run around!
- Jeannette Dotson, Missouri

2020-05-15 2020 Forest River Impression 28BHS View Listings

Absolutely the best fifth wheel for the price! My wife and I wanted to upgrade from our pull behind that we purchased new 12 years ago and this fit the bill perfectly. We wanted something with a bunk house for the kids, more counter space in the kitchen and more storage space inside and outside. With the 2020 model we also got an outside kitchen which for me was a bonus. LED lighting throughout, Electronic awning and stabilizer are just some to the features included with this RV and we didn't break the bank to purchase. I would admit that the build quality in some areas (minor) are lacking but as this is not my first RV purchase this wasn't a surprise. We spent several weeks researching this RV and eventually made our final decision at the RV show in January. The dealer made great strides to demonstrate this RV and I cannot say enough about their professionalism. We did have a few warranty issues after our initial purchase but working through our dealer they were all taken care of. If you are looking for an easy pull fifth wheel that delivers the most bang for your buck then I would definitely recommend the Impression.
- Schonn Underwood, Texas

2020-05-14 2017 Forest River XLR Nitro 29DK5 View Listings

Nice looking trailer pulls nice quality will their is none spend most of my free time fixing everything list is to long I will never buy another forest river again I guess you get what you pay for next time i will spend more and buy a quality trailer
- Marty Bastien , Texas

2020-05-13 2018 Forest River Cedar Creek Champagne 38EL View Listings

The support from the company itself, forest river, is terrible. You can tell they are super corporate, and more worried about the bottom line, then the customer. Local dealer was able to help. I would not buy another Forest River related product.
- Mike, Ohio