Forest River

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Forest River RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Randy Pollock from Texas says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Forest River R-Pod RP-178 View Listings

After much research, we decided to purchase a 2017 Rpod 179 from a dealer in Mesquite, Texas. Although the dealer is approximately 300 miles from our home in San Antonio, we felt confident that the combined quality of the traler and the assurance that we "could take it to any Forrest River dealer for service"', we would be safe. (There is no Rpod dealer within a 100 miles of where we live). The first time we had a problem with the electric tongue lift not working, we found that "any Forrest River dealer" for repairs was true. In fact, even with with Forrest River's help, we were left with called Ngo numerous dealers only to say no and offer no assistance. Fortunately, I did find an area Forrest River dealer has worked very hard to help us. They were the only dealer of 6 which I called that was willing to help us. Although they are not an RPod dealer, they have done much to help us. There has been a series of issues with the RPod which have greatly undermined my confidence in my camper. So far, our 6 month old camper has had considerable problems . Beginning with a defective tongue lift, we found ourselves with a heather that was so loud, we stopped using it and plugged in a stand alone. (Reported to be a piece of packing plastic inside the unit). We have experienced a water leak which flooded the rear storage compartment.(Break at the city water inlet). An A/C unit with a part missing that makes too much noise to use until the part comes in. (2 weeks in the shop so far). Blue caulk scattered on numerous portions of the black framing. Decals beginning peel in some places. This unit sold for $22 k before discount. The most a dealer will allow on trade is $9k. We are trapped in a camper that we have no faith in manufactured by a company we have no faith in and sold by a dealer we have no faith in. If I had a do over, I would have purchased something from a local dealer and it would not have been a Forrest River product.
- Randy Pollock, Texas

2021-09-21 2021 Forest River X-Lite 28QBXL View Listings

The larger of the x-lite series is built to be 1/2ton towable which means the interior is super flimsy in some spots especially areas behind the axles. So the bathroom and bunk room feel fragile. Other than that seriously a joy to own and no notable issues.
- Matthew Baker, Indiana

2021-09-20 2015 Forest River Sunseeker 2450SF View Listings

This is my forth RV and our favorite. It is small enough to launch a boat and large enough to have plenty of room. Handles well on the road. air and heater work like at home and can go 3-4 days without hookups. We have added many things that make it better. Surge protector for power and pressure control for water. The awning is power. Low hours on the generator. It is still under a repair warranty.
- Paul Dietsch, California

2021-09-20 2016 Forest River R-Pod RP-178 View Listings

RPod 178 has been ideal for 2 of us. When we travel with friends we use the dinette. On long trips we set up both queen beds. We tow with an old 4Runner. RPod is small enough to fit into national forest sites and large enough to go into KOAs with the big RVs. We’re happy campers with 178. Only downside is crawling over on bed.
- Jean Kerins, California

2021-09-20 2021 Forest river Salem 28VBXL View Listings

I would not buy a forest river unless you buy it new from them and good luck getting one without waiting 6 months. Our camper was built in March 2021 (this year) and the lady we bought it from only used it once and everything still had tags on it. The hot water tank was not even turned on. Come to find out the one year manufacturer warranty does not transfer to the second owner, regardless that it is only six months old. We have had all sorts of trouble with the slide out and they are not doing anything to help or are replacing anything. The guy we took it to said we were going to have all sorts of problems with it thinking it would all be under warranty we were just going to get it fixed come to find out it is not under warranty and they are not doing anything to help fix problem that was made by the manufacture not the customer. I will not be buying another forest river due to how they handle their one-year warranty I can understand if we did something to the slide out to make it not go in and out but you can clearly look at the brackets on the side and see they are not installed properly. Knowing this now I will be looking at the slide out brackets before buying any camper. The brackets are bent and bowed in areas where they catch and do not let the slide out go in and out. Also our slide out is the U-shaped dinette and the couch in the motors they put in the slide out are very small and will need to be replaced with bigger motors over time is what our technician said who worked on the slide out. I did not think asking for a warranty on a camper that is only six months old, even though I’m the second owner, was too much to ask. The Forest River guy just kept saying it is our policy well I think they should revamp their policy if they believe in their product to one year warranty no matter who owns it. I am not satisfied with this product and how the company handles their warranty, and will not be buying from them again. I don’t usually leave reviews but I don’t want this to happen to anyone else because we are spending a lot of money out of pocket to get a camper that is not even 6 months old fixed.
- Laura, Ohio

2021-09-19 2021 Forest River Cherokee 274VFK View Listings

Nothing not to love about the floor plan, Tows like a big TT, not bad if you keep your speed down, big trucks or high crosswinds will definitely let you know its back there however! We have had a few new trailer bugs but nothing that hasn't been fixed fairly quickly.
- SMITH BRADLEY L, Kansas

2021-09-18 2021 Forest River Impression 370 View Listings

This is my first and last RV. The rig came from Moses lake, clickit RV and the sales man, Ryan, wanted to sell me a 6400 dollar extended warranty. They do not tell you that you have to bring the rig to them and that they do not have a mobile service to come to you for manufacture warranty defects. The TV speaker was blown and the sound bar didn’t work. The steps were not aligned correctly so the door is very hard to open and close. The unit itself is made very cheap. The sales people know nothing about the rig or warranty. Make sure before the rv leaves the lot you turn on everything to see if it’s it working order. I live in my RV abd I have no way to move it. Dealing with forest river warranty has been a horrible experience in itself. They will not live up to their one year manufacturer warranty
- Cheryl wilson, Washington

2021-09-17 2009 Forest River Sierra 305RGS View Listings

My experience with this rig has been absolutely phenomenal! I was new to rv life and jumped in with zero knowledge while I was new to starting travel nursing. If I can do this, anyone can, and this rig was perfect for a smooth transition into this new lifestyle. This rig only had 2 previous owners, a travel nurse prior to me, and a sweet elderly couple who unfortunately weren't able to use it due to aome health conditions, but they always had it stored inside so the decals and exterior are still in mint condition. My favorite feature of this rig is the On Demand Hot Water Heater, and I highlight this because as a lady who loves long hot showers this feature is part of what has made this rig feel like home! I love the electric fireplace and all of the renovated upgrades really give this rig a more "home style" feel. Having never left from home, this was important to me. My cat and dog have absolutely loved living in it too! We're all 3 sad to let it go because it's such a wonderful home, and it's what brought us safely to California. Life always has changes and it's time for me to let it go as I no longer need it for travel. The rig is beautiful and solid amd is really meant to be used to explore the country in. It sits lovely in our permanent RV campground parking spot, but it deserves to have someone or a family who will use all of it's benefits and get the most of what the rig is capable of. Some more features that's made this rig so wonderful to live in are the washer/dryer combo unit that sits conveniently hidden in the bedroom closet. It's very quiet and very energy and water efficient. Also, no lint mess ever to clean! The kitchen has a deep sink with a retractable faucet head to make doig thanksgiving dishes a breeze! Yes, you can cook a full thanksgiving meal in this rig. The oven works better than the oven in my previous condo! It's small because it's a camper oven, but the quality is excellent and very efficient on propane. When I first got this rig last year in June, both propane tanks were full amd I didn't have to do my first refill until January of this year, and I cooked big meals everyday, did laundry all the time, and took long hot showers everyday and washed dishes with hot water everyday! The roof is in immaculate condition. I did a lot of preventative maintenance with new seals and new rubber roof coating so the rig wouldn't need anything exterior for a good few years. This rig has a squeaky clean history, no leaks, water dmamage, or collisions. The kitchen floor layout is ideally placed in the back to allow for a more roomy living space. The furniture is included and is very comfy, the couch can easily sleep two people comfortably. When you walk in the rig, it just has a clean modern home style feel to it, all of my guests have made similar compliments, and that it "feels like a house more than a camper". My other favorite feature of this rig is the camper king bed, it's so comfortable and can easily sleep 2-3 people. The kitchen table and dresser tops are customer made as well as the barn style sliding bedroom door. Being a woman coming from a 2 bedroom condo with both closets full of clothes, this rig has a ton of storage space! I barely had to get rid of any of my clothes or kitchen accessories because there's just so much storage space everywhere in this rig. I mostly just got rid of my furniture when I moved in the rig. Learning how to operate the slides and landing gear was such a breeze, and it's what I was most nervous about being new to anything camp-like aside from a tent. I replaced the Double pole double throw momentary switch, all that stands for is the switch that controls your automatic extend/retract for the frint jacks. It was a simple plastic piece and I was able to replace it myself! I replaced it due to it just being old and starting to wear out and again, wanted to make preventative maintenance. I've loved living in this fifth wheel, and if it doesn't sell I plan to keep it in storage in a closed unit until I finish school and may just use it as a vacation home or air bnb it when I get some property. I've had a lot of people say that the rig is priced too high, but it's priced just under market value per NADA. There have been a lot of upgrades to this rig including preventative work, and has been extremely well taken care of, it's rare to find a fifth wheel with this floor plan to be in such solid condition. It was previously professionally inspected when I first was originally going to sell it earlier in the year, but decided to wait, the inspector said, "this is a solid rig and dont low ball yourself on it". I'm willing to be flexible and negotiate my sale price, but not by much and I am taking the time to make sure my home goes to the right person or family who will love it and care for it as much as I do, so Im in no rush to sell it, it'll sell at the right time and to the right next prospective owner.
- Grace, California

2021-09-17 2021 Forest River Flagstaff Micro Lite 25FBLS View Listings

My dream camper turned out to be a nightmare. I really wanted a summer of joy but Forest river stole that from me, along with a $27,000 new camper. I paid with good cash. They used defective materials. The wood used to build the RV was infested with POWDER POST BEETLES. The Beetles are very difficult to exterminate. The adults bore into the wood while the tree is still alive, or while the lumber is in storage. This wood, by law, must be treated before it is shipped to the USA. Then it is used to manufacture products like RVs, Flooring, Cabinets, and Furniture. The powder post beetles take from 6 months to 5 years to emerge. So it is possible to have your home infested without even knowing it. It cost thousands to try to exterminate the beetles. This brings me back to my problem. At first Forest River refused to do anything about the beetles in my brand new 2021 camper, which is still under warranty. After complaining to the NCDOJ, forest River took responsibility for the infestation of my camper but did nothing. They still refuse to replace this camper. I have a deadly lung condition. I am afraid to have the camper treated with Bora-care. I still have one lung left and I refuse to use a contaminated camper. I paid for a new camper, not one that can kill me just by breathing. And they are telling me it is safe to use this camper and if it is not bug-free they will treat the camper again. (WITH MORE CHEMICALS) Forest River doesn't care if the beetles spread to my house while packing and unpacking camping supplies. They don't care if, at age 72, it is too much work to clean everything I take out of the camper before I can take it into my home. They don't care if suddenly my house is worth nothing because of powder post beetles. They also have not fixed this problem which they created. Welcome to the reality of what FOFEST RIVER cares about. The stockholders. NOT THE CUSTOMERS
- Shirley j Graves, South Carolina

2021-09-17 2017 Forest River Wildwood Heritage Glen 272RL View Listings

This camper has been a nightmare. It started leaking 1 year after purchase. Roof Leaks, wall leaks, plumbing leaks, wiring issues. All the “leather” furniture has disintegrated. What a $35k piece of garbage. I will make a point of researching where and what company is manufacturing our next trailer. 2021 and I am still trying to get the issues addressed, so frustrated with General RV who took no responsibility and told us to contact the manufacturer, which we did, might have as well screamed into the wind.
- Antonio Rita, Florida

2021-09-16 2019 Forest River Salem 26DBLE View Listings

Very open spacious Floorplan. Appliances are quality and refrigerator is bigger than most of the small ones you find in rvs. Marble counters and upgraded floors and furniture fabric give the whole look of more luxury.
- Natasha Delucie, Nevada

2021-09-15 2019 Forest River Riverstone 39RKFB View Listings

2019 Forest River, Riverstone 39RKFB. Definitely the best 5th wheel to go full time in. The 2019 is the best year though for sure, After years of experience we've learned that Forest River is one of the much better brands but the 2019 seems to have the best craftsmanship and solid material. We bought one and have lived in it for a long time and we don't plan on that changing anytime soon. The quality and craftsmanship is outstanding. We live in WA state and it rains and storms constantly so we needed something built well and durable. The only thing is that it is pretty heavy so we had to upgrade the truck but it's been worth it. We've done full time living with a few other rigs but this one is the best. It's a solid vehicle and after 2 years of living in it full time we've never had anything break or stop working. The prices are of course a bit high usually but you get what you pay for. I know of only one other person that owns the same year and model and they've had the same experience.
- Zachary, Washington

2021-09-14 2018 Forest River Salem 27RKSS View Listings

This has been the best camper. We have a Nissan Titan that pulls this beautifully. This is a perfect camper for a couple, maybe with pets or friends as the pull out couch and kitchen table both make comfortable beds. The Rear kitchen was a MSUT for us and you will love it being apart from the master bedroom. The bathroom and shower are plenty big and there is a ton of storage. We had it for 3 years and would have kept it but have had some life changes that have us going a direction away from camping for right now. We will also be leaving the 2 - 40 inch flatscreens mounted in living area and bedroom and you will love the outside fridge and rear propane grill that is connected to the main line. Water heater is electric but can switch to propane. Setup is a cinch with power levelers that raise and lower with a button, no worrying about getting your power drill out to raise and lower those. Hoestly you won't go wrong with this camper!
- Mark Davis, Ohio

2021-09-13 2021 Forest River Flagstaff Micro Lite 25FBLS View Listings

I am the typical little old lady, age 72, easy to defeat and too proud to let it go .Is their anyone out there that can help a little old lady. I am being bullied by Forest River. Seems there is no law against Forest River bulling me, no law against taking my money and not giving me what I paid for. In October of 2020 I bought the nicest camper I ever owned from Forest RV,inc. While it is still under warranty I reported that it was made with faulty materials. The imported wood Forest River used to build this RV is infested with POWDER POST BEETLES. They are worse than termites. Because Forest River is worth billions and I am worth very little they are ignoring my plea to replace the camper under warranty. Their warranty says they will fix warranty problems by either repair or replace. I am posting this to make the average person aware that BIG business does not have to honor their warranty because Forest River knows it could cost more in lawyer fees than the $27,000 I paid for the camper. Is their anyone that can help me CP-21-09984 NCDOJ Graves
- Shirley j Graves, South Carolina

2021-09-13 2019 Forest River Alpha Wolf 27RK-L View Listings

U figure a new camper would have good tires. And a jack. But I dont think they wore out the kinks with the electrical that notifies you bye changing colors on valve stem caps bc the first two trips blow out flats and electrical radials came through the treads. Second time I had a jack but no spare cost me 2700 to tow home. Anyway the design is nice but thing was put together way to fast u can se bad cuts on the trim and electrical has issues with faulty grounds I have to turn off gfis or disconnect negative on battery at every campground. If u purchase buy a jack and change all for tires and check stability axels before driving, and point out baseboard and doorway trim that often cut to long before u stub and cut your toes on.
- Michael Sullivan, Massachusetts

2021-09-13 2021 Forest River Riverstone Legacy 39RKFB View Listings

Purchased our 2021 Riverstone Legacy unit in early May. Dealer delivered it to our home. They forgot to secure both barn style doors and one of the outside storage doors and damaged the barn door hardware and the walls. This had nothing to do with Forest River. However there were other items, that were factory issues. The door to the lower restroom and the walk in closet looked like a seagull bombed it on the backside. Big brown stain on a gray door. The walk in closet door looked like a 3rd grader hung it. Very crooked and out of plumb. Huge gap at the top for the frame. The stabilizer jacks leak hydraulic oil The big vanity mirror had a corner chipped on it. Now the leveling system is showing and error on it and beeping constantly As of July 6th, Forest River had not "approved" the repairs. When pressed about this the dealer's service Manager told me I could give them my Credit Card info and they would order the parts. I told them I had the extended warranty (purchased through Forest River) so I didn't see why they needed my CC as I was told this covered anything the factory warranty didn't when purchased July 14th the repairs were finally approved. It is now Sept 13th and nothing has been done. We just made the 4th payment on an RV that we have not been able to use at all. The dealer blames Forest River for not shipping the repair parts yet. As if this wasn't enough, now there is a recall on the Lippert system slide out. We want to live in our RV by the 1st of October. I think Forest River should reimburse us for the 4 payments since we haven't used it at all. We don't want to mention the dealer until our RV is repaired, as we are afraid of retribution. We loved this RV when we purchased it. I would not recommend buying anything at this point from Forest River or the dealer we had.
- RANDALL FELTER, Utah

2021-09-12 2020 Forest River Salem FSX 178BHS View Listings

Would give zero stars for workmanship/build quality. I would be ashamed to put my name on such a piece of crap. My 12 years old daughter who never held a hammer would do a better job on the assembly and cabinetry. Stay away from this brand. Every exit something breaks. Soooo disappointed.
- Fran├žois Lemay, Quebec

2021-09-12 2019 Forest River Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BRDS View Listings

We love this floor plan for our family of 5. The TT is small enough to tow with a 1/2 ton pick up and fit into most National and State Parks, but large enough to enjoy the inside on a rainy day. The slide out really opens up the interior. The outside kitchen is an added bonus.
- Adam Enerson, Wisconsin

2021-09-12 2015 Forest River Forester 3171DS View Listings

Absolutely love this RV, plenty of space for grand kids, the 450 has plenty of towing power and inside cabinet space serves us well. (2) slide outs gives us plenty of living space to enjoy. Have not had an issues, would highly recommend.
- David Garza, California

2021-09-10 2020 Forest River Wildwood 37BHSS2Q View Listings

We bought this unit new in March. We were told once it was level the door would close and lock properly, not the case. The awning fell apart due to screws missing and not screwed in properly which tore the awning. Water pump under bath now is leaking and swelling the cabinet. Called Forest River in April I've done everything Matt has told me to do and still no parts no repairs nothing!!! Unless their warranty dept or lack of starts following through in a timely matter I wouldn't recommend anything from them
- Michelle Royal, North Carolina

2021-09-10 2017 Forest River Surveyor 191T View Listings

We have had this camper for four years. We traveled from Florida to Maine on a three week camping trip one year. Another year we went from Florida to Northern Minnesota and over to Toronto Canada. The camper did awesome. Our family and young boys enjoyed the experience and all the bonus features of the camper from the power awning, to the stereo with DVD and Bluetooth, to the outdoor shower for easy cleanup. The camper has been good for us and has held up well. We had to use the warranty once for a minor issue. We didn't have any problems with that. Forest River is a good product.
- Melissa, Florida

2021-09-09 2019 Forest River Evo T2700 View Listings

Great rv with no issues all items work, 2019 Forest River Evo 2700. Sleeps 9 comfortably. Electric triple bunk bed, kitchen sets up to sleep 2, couch folds out to sleep 1 and Master Short Queen bed sleeps 2 adults and 1 child. Only used by our family. Has a wireless remote for the awning, outside lights, slide out and leveling jacks. It does all the work for you. 42 TV, can fit larger with a pullout TV mount also setup for a 32 in TV in the master bedroom. The shades are in great condition. The bath has it’s separate entry and has a large shower and tub combo. The electric triple bunk beds can be lifted to give you a great place to store all your camping needs, with the hatch open, it is as easy as can be. The unit comes with 2) 12V batteries and 2 - 40 pound propane tanks. The unit has rooftop Solar. The bunk beds and dinette have been upgraded with oak and walnut trim. Pink slip in hand. here are a couple YouTube videos on this trailer https://youtu.be/5cY4nkys7Bs https://youtu.be/I3Zmbj0zFaY
- Dale Johnston, Nevada

2021-09-09 2020 Forest River Cherokee Alpha Wolf 26RL-L View Listings

Bought new. Had a few problems but 99% was corrected under warranty. Issues: Light fixture in slide had a short that would blow the 12V fuse from time to time. Fixture was replaced. Inconsistent sealant around the outdoor kitchen and door. (Fixed myself) Friction hinges on entry door were too tight causing door frame to separate. Screen door never latched from day one. Door was replaced. Inconsistent sealant around the skirt. Resealed. Dimmable LED outdoor lights in awning arms go out from time to time. Still not working. (More on that in a moment) Pros: Extra large bath Large refrigerator/freezer in outdoor kitchen. We use all the time. Quick connect gas line for grill at outdoor kitchen. Solar panel Fireplace heater in addition to furnace AC ducts are well placed Fully prepped for second AC and rear security/backup camera Outdoor shower Porcelain toilet Large pantry Surround dinette table is huge and makes to a bed longer than a queen. Plenty of storage space which is rare for a camper this size. 99% of chosen components are of good quality compared to others. Best floor plan we have seen for our needs and we looked at probably close to fifty campers at various places. Cons: Jack knife sofa is uncomfortable to sit on and pretty useless to sleep on unless you are a small child. We will be trading this in for a few recliners. Very limited counter space. Adding a folding counter top at the end of the counter which will help. Factory short queen mattress was the worst. Replaced with a foam mattress. Did not include rear ladder for roof access No bedroom TV included but wired for one. Living room tv was a bottom of the line RCA. Terrible picture with no apps. Accordion style shower door works but would rather have a solid glass or composite door. Ceiling droops in a few spots due to staples getting loose. Simple fix with white ribbed brads. Outdoor LED lighting on awning arms going out. Light cannot be replaced by itself. The entire awning would have to be replaced and its the only year they had this design so Forest River chose to not fix anything on the lights. Factory tires are the cheapest thing on the market. Front galley tank is relatively small. Can't find he solar panel controller All in all, we have been very happy.
- Brad, Alabama

2021-09-08 2021 Forest River Cherokee Wolf Pup 17JG View Listings

This is our first RV and was so extremely excited for it, but what a huge disappointment it has been. This thing was built with incorrect electrical parts according to the dealership as which has caused us to miss quite a few trips with it stuck in the shop to be repaired. We bought new to avoid issues like this. Walls are coming undone the slide has already broken down and this is now back in the shop which will have been a total of 7 weeks this time waiting on forest river to send the parts. This has been our biggest regret of a purchase of any kind... EVER! we will never consider anything from forest river again. Their CS over there is pitiful as well. We bought the trailer in March of 2021, and it has been at the dealership for repairs 6 times. We have used it 6 times which means that every time we tried to use it, it would break on us. Do yourself a favor and seriously consider something else from another manufacturer.
- John Dobrzynski, Colorado

2021-09-07 2020 Forest River Cherokee 274RK View Listings

Purchased this Travel Trailer the end of July 2020 not only did the dealer but the manufacturer didn’t build nor transfer this camper properly! I chose this camper for the layout because it’s perfect but the issues keep coming! The slide out is missing screws, complete fell off the support which caused the flooring to scratch bad! The dealer is fixing that thankfully! My dinette table doesn’t turn into a bed because the space is to small! The dinette chair is completely ripped off the wall! None of the supports for the pantry are stapled correctly so you can’t put things on the shelves! The refrigerator completely fell back into the spot it is in which cause my water to spill on the floor that cause water damage to the walls on the floors! The door needed to be replaced before I even left with it because the stairs weren’t secured properly! And now a month later the door still don’t close properly! All the hoses under the bathroom sink we’re not tight which cause it to leak all over the floor! The flooring under the shower seems very week! A week after I brought it home it had to go back for 2 weeks then we discovered most of the issues which will cause it to be in the shop for a month or more! It’s really sad that the manufacturer of this unit doesn’t see the issues because it’s a great camper! I would recommend this unit but with caution!
- Jami Bradley, Florida