Forest River Reviews on RV Insider (1,958)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Forest River RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Randy Pollock from Texas says:

Read More (1958 reviews)

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Forest River R-Pod RP-178 View Listings

After much research, we decided to purchase a 2017 Rpod 179 from a dealer in Mesquite, Texas. Although the dealer is approximately 300 miles from our home in San Antonio, we felt confident that the combined quality of the traler and the assurance that we "could take it to any Forrest River dealer for service"', we would be safe. (There is no Rpod dealer within a 100 miles of where we live). The first time we had a problem with the electric tongue lift not working, we found that "any Forrest River dealer" for repairs was true. In fact, even with with Forrest River's help, we were left with called Ngo numerous dealers only to say no and offer no assistance. Fortunately, I did find an area Forrest River dealer has worked very hard to help us. They were the only dealer of 6 which I called that was willing to help us. Although they are not an RPod dealer, they have done much to help us. There has been a series of issues with the RPod which have greatly undermined my confidence in my camper. So far, our 6 month old camper has had considerable problems . Beginning with a defective tongue lift, we found ourselves with a heather that was so loud, we stopped using it and plugged in a stand alone. (Reported to be a piece of packing plastic inside the unit). We have experienced a water leak which flooded the rear storage compartment.(Break at the city water inlet). An A/C unit with a part missing that makes too much noise to use until the part comes in. (2 weeks in the shop so far). Blue caulk scattered on numerous portions of the black framing. Decals beginning peel in some places. This unit sold for $22 k before discount. The most a dealer will allow on trade is $9k. We are trapped in a camper that we have no faith in manufactured by a company we have no faith in and sold by a dealer we have no faith in. If I had a do over, I would have purchased something from a local dealer and it would not have been a Forrest River product.
- Randy Pollock, Texas

2021-01-11 2020 Forest River Sierra 387MKOK View Listings

We purchased a 2020 3867MKOK and after a year we discovered three issues. The first was that the Black tank cleanout piping was reversed between tank 1 and two. Dealer fixed that easily. The second issue was discovered while getting it inspected. A grease seal leaked on one of the wheels. Since I could drive it to the dealer, Forrest River told me to pay the repair bill and they would reimburse me. I got the check a week later. Great service. The last issue is there are some hydraulic fluid drops in the well where all the hoses are located. We have an appointment with the dealer in the spring to have that looked at. Considering all the "Stuff" this thing has, I'm satisfied with the quality and factory support.
- Mike Wolfe, Pennsylvania

2021-01-10 2017 Forest River Rockwood Mini Lite 2503S View Listings

We’ve traveled across the US from California up to the Pacific Northwest all the way to the North East tip of Maine, down the East coast into central Florida! Our Mini has exceeded all our expectations! No problems at all-
- Tommy And Margaret Oldknow, California

2021-01-09 2016 Forest River Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8327SS View Listings

This RV has a wonderful distribution hitch making the drive smooth. It is very roomy with so much storage. We loved the separate bunk room for the kids to play. Having two separate entrances made bathroom stops on the road easy. My favorite thing is the mobile table, we have an ottoman that we pull out, kick back and relax on the giant couch.
- Andrea Hudson, California

2021-01-09 2019 Forest River Rockwood Mini Lite 2506S View Listings

Well built, lite weight, easy to pull and looks great. Like the bedroom instead of the murphy bed, also has sofa that opens to bed that sleeps two. Outdoor kitchen and shower, hook up for tv and plenty of storage.
- Dennis, Ohio

2021-01-09 2019 Forest River R-Pod RP-179 View Listings

Loved the design and colors nice floor plan light weight easy tow, I have tow this camper about 1,000 miles added a equalizer stablizer hitch that comes with this camper, ice cold air conditioner great furnace very durable camper
- David L Smith, Florida

2021-01-09 2020 Forest River Salem Villa 42DL View Listings

We have had so many issues. Two leaks in the bathroom. One on the side of our roof that leaked inside the wall. Not sure how bad the damage is. A new leak under a window. No insulation around the small door under our bed caused the wood to mold. Which made our bed mold. Had to buy a new bed not even a year into owning the trailer. Constant smell of glue and propane. Molding is pulling away from the ceiling. Our burners and stove are horrible. Oven is always off temp. Up to 75 degrees off. Company said that this normal. Warranty is useless. So far nothing is covered. Or we are told we have to take the trailer to the dealership for them to look at it. Then they would tell us if it is covered or not. To come to us it is hundreds of dollars an hour. Mind you we live in this trailer. That is why we bought it. Pretty much everything in this trailer was made cheap. We are now paying on a trailer that we could never resale or use as a down on another trailer. All I can say is shame on you Keystone. Shame on you.
- Christina, Oregon

2021-01-08 2021 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf Limited 23DBH View Listings

Purchased a new Grey Wolf travel trailer a month ago. My problem was getting the components for a couple items the camper came with installed. First, the unit came with a backup camera. I had to request the monitor that came with the camera. Secondly, the unit also came with a USB/Bluetooth docking station mounted on the wall. The Bluetooth docking station is no good without the Bluetooth device that goes to the docking station. The Bluetooth device is specific to the docking station and was told after I purchased the camper that I would have to purchase it aftermarket. I searched for days and could not find one. The docking station has no markings of manufacturer. Finally, the dealer found one for around 225.00 plus tax and freight. I understand prep for backup cameras, TV’s and so forth, but installing actual items then leaving out components that go with them that make them work and complete is wrong. It’s like buying a TV, but missing the remote and channels, or a car with no tires. Who would have known Lessons Learned.
- Michael Crowson, Alabama

2021-01-08 2017 Forest River Rockwood Mini Lite 2503S View Listings

We don’t want to sell this unit- it has served us well traveling across the country- everything works and we’ve enjoyed the quality! We’re sticking with Forrest river products in the future! The trailer exceeded our expectations!
- Tommy And Margaret Oldknow, California

2021-01-07 2021 Forest River Salem FSX 167RBK Platinum View Listings

Perfect camper for couples. Easy to tow and set up. Love the new 2021 lighter interior. Murphy bed allows more living space during the day then our previous camper (2017 RPOD). Especially like The campground window, much larger bathroom and shower. 12’ Power awning is a huge plus as well as the outdoor refrigerator and propane gas quick connect. Plenty of interior storage. We absolutely love this camper after our first 3 months of ownership. Only criticisms so far would be the couch is not as comfortable as it could be nor the cushions on the dinette. We may upgrade those. Also installed the rear view camera, power tongue jack, and we had to buy our own TV to install in the camper. Probably did not need to but I also installed a weight distribution hitch system for the camper which makes the towing very comfortable, even in Oklahoma winds.
- Mark Winemiller, Oklahoma

2021-01-06 2018 Forest River Sunseeker 2500TS View Listings

This is my 2nd. RV After 5 years with my previous RV (A 25' 2013 Fleetwood Searcher with 1 slide out) I needed a little more Space. The 3 slide outs gave me that. Also these slide outs move with 12 volt power. With the added room for wardrobe and the queen bed there is more then enough storage. The Solar connection makes it easy to connect panels for running and keeping the 12 volt system charged. The Inflatable Air shocks make the ride so much smoother and quieter then my previous RV. Overall I am very satisfied with the RV and my only reason for selling is after 8 years of doing the RV thing I want to pursue other ways to fish and travel during the summer such as Cabins or Condo's . In my opinion and that of others who have seen it think this RV is very clean almost new and should sell for my asking price or Close to it when the right family see's it. Note to RV dealers; I am not looking for a quick sale at half what I'm asking.
- Jay Martzolf, Arizona

2021-01-05 2017 Forest River Rockwood Mini Lite 2304KS View Listings

We havea thoroughly enjoyed this trailer. It has all the conveniences of a larger trailer rolled into less than 24'. Love the fact that it has a Murphy bed which allows room for a sofa. The dining area easily seats 4. It is totally self-contained: full bath, oven, 3 burner stove, micro, decent sized fridge, etc. Power awning and jack are a great feature. If health wasn't an issue, we would not be giving up camping. We have had 5th wheels, a Class A and two other small trailers. This one is my favorite and it tows beautifully. Wouldd be happy to answer and questions.
- Peter Basdeka, Florida

2021-01-04 2005 Forest River Lexington 235 View Listings

3rd owner, 59k miles. Carper removed, new Vinyl coated plank nicely installed! Had to replace Center control bearing and rebalance drive line. Vibration wore rear seal in transmission. ($1500) Love Chevy 3500 chassis. Easy breezy to drive for my spouse to drive. V8 6 Liter Vortex has plenty of smooth power to pull hills. I have a thumping noise over passenger seat head liner when hitting bumps in road. I isolated the wiring harness in cowling, still thumps! Wonder about cowling hitting top of cab? Any suggestions appreciated. Walter
- Walter, California

2021-01-04 2021 Forest River Salem 171RBXL View Listings

I purchased my travel trailer two months ago. Used it at the Camping World campground where I purchased it. Used it again two weeks later after that. On Dec 17th my family and I made our way from North Carolina to Arizona to visit our son for Christmas. This was mainly the reason why we purchased this travel trailer. However, after the first night we started having trouble with our slide out. It would only go out so far and then nothing. Finally got it out on night two and just under way on night three. We contacted Camping World in Amarillo, Texas and they could not help us for another few months. Luckily we found a local dealer to help with the issue. They got the slide out back on track but informed us about it needing new tracks. We never tried to open the slide until we got to our destination at Luke Air Force Base. After arriving on the 23rd I tried to move the slide out again and only went halfway out and now it will not retract back in. My wife and I have been trying to get someone to help with our slide in out. Forest River got me in touch with Tech support. He walked me through the trouble shooting procedures for the slide out. Nothing worked. Roadside assistance gave me numbers to mobile techs but no one answered or returned my call. Called customer service again after they started back after the new year and informing them about my situation yet again and all I got was silence and nothing more. With a company as big as this, one would think they will try to help their consumers. Especially since this travel trailer was put together so poorly. Now the slide out is not the only problem with this travel trailer. There is so much more. But the slide out is the most important issue because now I am stuck with my slide out halfway out and will not retract. So now I am having to find a way to get this back in to go home. Will never buy from this company again.
- Timothy Bingham, North Carolina

2021-01-04 2021 Forest River Cedar Creek 311RL View Listings

Look at many RVs but decided on the 2021 1/2 All new redesign. It went with the lighter linen colored furniture lighter color cabinets. Pluses are the six hydraulic leveling system, full-size refrigerator with inverter, large shower and also the large front closet. It has a very user-friendly touchpad control center that links to your phone. When setting up the trailer I don’t even go inside I open the slides turn the lights on from my phone. The 35 foot trailer Trailers straight and smooth. I do wish it had the upgraded fifth wheel hitch. The under storage Utilizes the drop frame concepts and gives you a lot of extra space. The front storage is incredibly big. After several camping trips and one two week trip I have Only one or two things I would I have done different when building it. They put the bath towel hooks 3 foot above the toilet meaning your towels got a hang in your toilet and it’s got a cover your toilet paper roll. I installed three more higher up. They put at Cedar Creek logo it up on the step what’s the problem with that is when you go in the door you tend to kick it and bend the letters. And of course the Rv king mattress was hard as a rock and I had to install at 3 inch foam topper on it. I can definitely tell that they put a lot of thought into designing this RV. I would definitely recommend taking a look at one
- Denis Taillon, Virginia

2021-01-03 2020 Forest River Rockwood Geo Pro G19FBS View Listings

We have driven 7500 miles since our purchase last May. I’ll start by saying we love the unit when it works. Great floor plan and drive ability. After every trip the rv ends up back in the shop where it is now. To name a few things: Two different water leaks, replace outside TV, sink broke loose and dropped, new motor for full slide, 2 bad USB ports, wire short causing AC and heater to fail, tear in heating duct (no air), reinforce floor of shower and several other minor fixes. We are currently waiting for a new AC unit for the bedroom and a replacement wall panel that warped do to water leak. The quality control was definitely poor. Looks like the big demand for RV’s has caused this problem. Our dealer has done everything they can to fix all the problems but getting parts isn’t easy.
- Jim, New Jersey

2021-01-02 2018 Forest River R-Pod RP-180 View Listings

so far, we have not had any issues...maybe a couple of workmanship observations but i have not point of reference for better or worse rv's....i've found it fun to add improvements and storage spots/ideas, so that's not an problem... so far, no leaks but i'll be looking out after have read some of the reviews. the main reason we chose this model is the towability...we did the 34' fifth wheel experience in alaska and that was NOT our scene whatsoever! besides, the camping for us is about being outdoors...no need for all that space.... we did not buy new....we bought a used one and i imagine they may have dealt with any such problems....but i don't know... overall, we love our little 'hippiePODamus'! i might order an rv queen mattress though.....back to google for the improvements! 4 star for the factory support because i haven't had to test them and i'd hate to give a low rating without cause.
- michele van g, Florida

2021-01-01 2019 Forest River Sierra 387MKOK View Listings

We purchased this unit because we love the floor plan. Upon setting it up at our campsite we found that one of our entertainment centers did not work, our outside microwave did not work and some warped doors on the cabinets. Our biggest issue was when we went to close it for winter and tried to flush our black tanks. There are two black tanks in our unit with factory installed clean out ports for a garden hose to help clean out the tanks. We were dumping our black tank 1 and had hose connected to black tank 1 clean out. As we were cleaning out the tank my wife screamed to shut off the water. As I ran into our RV, I was surprised to see sewage throughout our RV. We also had sewage coming from the roof, dripping from the ceiling in our half bath and running out from underneath our RV. We cleaned up the mess as best we could. We found out that it was plumbed wrong at the cleanout area on the RV ( black tank 1 cleanout plumbed to black tank 2) I contacted Forrest River to see if they would fix the problem and replace all the insulation in the underbelly where sewage ran down. Long story short, they sent out service men to check it out. They did say that it was hooked up wrong and fixed that. They than sent out a cleaning company to clean our duct work since sewage filled that up also. After that they advised us that they were done with us. They have no desire to fix anything else. If you read this and plan on buying a Forrest River product, don't do it. Quality is not that good and service on any issue from the company does not exist. They say customer satisfaction is top on their list. I actually believe they they don't give a damn about their product or customer after the RV leaves the factory. Do not buy Forrest River products. They are not worth the money they charge for them
- Don Mansell, Indiana

2020-12-31 2015 Forest River Sandstorm 273GSLR View Listings

This 2015 forest river sandstorm is put together with cheap material for $55000. Was hauling my 2003 HD Road King when I hit a bump and the rear tire went thru the floor. After I removed the carpet and seen the hole from the tire the plywood that supports the weight is 1/8 of an inch thick. What baffoon makes a floor this thin. I replaced the section with 1/8 inch diamond plate so it wont go thru again on a bump. All together the lay out is great but the material junk. If I buy new again it wont be a Forest River cause they wont help you over the phone for issues. Also find a good used RV cause if you buy new as soon as you leave the dealership they wont adress your problems.
- Jerry Pang, Arizona

2020-12-30 2021 Forest River Salem Hemisphere 310BH View Listings

2021 forest river! Piece of junk. Owned it for 1 month fridge doesn't work fresh water pump doesn't work two doors wont shut inside because the framing is crooked , kitchen sink faucet leaked at handle had to replace after it started spraying everywhere, Shower hose exploded on first shower had to replace, Grey water and black water level gauges are totally useless. Solar package was a con its just a plug no controller or function. We have cleaned out roughly 300lbs of saw dust wire stripped bits cutoffs and trash behind all the hidden access points. Blinds are all shredding apart on edges, dents dings poor finishes all around. Faux hardwood vinyl floor is bubbeling in some spots! Oh and the speakers for the radio lastet 2 days they now sound blown. Gutters outside are crooked and don't work, a 38000 dollar piece of crap, you have been warned! Please be aware , this camper looked like a million buxs when we toured it beautiful colors , led lights, big screen tv and fireplace etc., yea we got suckered big time, look behind the fancy stuff and remember the fancy is the cheapest crap from alibaba.com Oh yea, Propane hose for outside grill was missing on delivery. This is not a dealer problem its a forest river problem! Ill be posting this on social media and a youtube video is coming.
- Robert Theimer, North Carolina

2020-12-29 2019 Forest River Cherokee Wolf Pack 23PACK15 View Listings

Number one I would NEVER recommend this RV to anyone!! We've had nothing but trouble since we've had it. We couldn't understand while it was sitting at home the door would pop open! Had to keep it locked and that was so hard I would have to get my husband to do it. This year we left for Rodeo, NM in November. Since being here we have had time to find all kinds of crap going wrong. We could live with the door problem, but when the shower started leaking we found some idiot didn't caulk the edge!! That's ok we have the know how to caulk it. But then...the toilet started leaking stinky, smelly sewer water all over the floor. Thank God for internet! We also found out this model was recalled for just that reason! Hubby pulled it out and it was ok for three weeks, but again it started leaking!! He pulled it out again and now we're waiting to see if it's fixed! Finally got my hubby to check out why the bathroom door wouldn't stay shut...the STRICKER plate was not lined up with the latch. Since that was that doors problem he thought maybe that was the entry doors issue! Sure enough!! That STRICKER plate is so flimsy I could bend it!! This thing is to keep us safe!! Ha...junk!! Now we're getting a terrible smell every so often, it's hard to tell from what but according to the internet it might be a stuck or incorrectly installed breather! This camper has been the camper from hell!! We're just praying nothing else goes wrong but if it does I just hope my hubby can fix it! It's just a good thing he's such a good handyman!!
- Debra White, Ohio

2020-12-26 2016 Forest River Georgetown XL 378TS View Listings

We started our RV life as part-timers while working our online business. Living in Florida, we were motivated to hit the road every month for a 3-night weekend at various parks. We loved it so much, full-time RV'ing was the next adventure. Being a full-timers, we had to pull a vehicle. And a softtop Jeep Wrangler was the only way go. This RV pulls a wrangler so nice, we never felt it behind us.
- Mike Harley, Florida

2020-12-23 2017 Forest River Surveyor 266RLDS View Listings

“Arctic package” my a**. We’ve had to put insulation in the underbody of the trailer. Apparently “Arctic package” means they just put a big piece of plastic over the underbelly. Doesn’t work at all. And to top it off, their employees thought it would be a good idea to leave trash within that piece of plastic covering the underbelly. We’ve also had to skirt the trailer, and now we have to look into getting a heater or a heat lamp to ensure we don’t wake up with no water. Consistent issues and a huge headache for how much they charge. Don’t buy into the “Arctic package” scam. These people are robbing you! Ours is only 3 years old and it’s wearing really badly. Won’t ever get another from this company.
- Sarah, Montana

2020-12-21 2018 Forest River XLR Thunderbolt 382AMP View Listings

I've owned this POS for a little over a year now. Over 20 issues with it, all in the first year. I've files complaints with the BBB, and Attorney General Offices in Indiana and Kansas. This thing is a STRAIGHT LEMON! I'm a disabled veteran that served in Iraq and Afghanistan and I get ghosted, (no contact) by Brent Stevens, General Manager of Forest River, who told me they were going to make things right over the phone. Does anyone know of an attorney who would take a case, may e even a Class Action suit against Forest River and their substandard product with health and safety issues? If so, my email is listed. I'm sure there are others who have gotten no where with this company standing behind their product. Who can afford staying in A hotel for more than 30 days to get issues worked on, and then find out Forest River sends the wrong replacement parts!!! Contact me!
- Floyd Craig Jr, Florida

2020-12-18 2012 Forest River Crusader 290RLT View Listings

This Rv has been a great investment, it is only 11.400 lbs dry. Towes nice no problems since purchased. It was a year old and it has been all over the state. Most weekends at the lake or just clamping in the mountains.all the comforts of home,spachess open kitchen dining,living area.lots of under storage. Twin propane tanks.new tires and may extras.
- Thad Green, Arizona