Forest River Reviews on RV Insider (1,857)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Forest River RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Randy Pollock from Texas says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Forest River R-Pod RP-178 View Listings

After much research, we decided to purchase a 2017 Rpod 179 from a dealer in Mesquite, Texas. Although the dealer is approximately 300 miles from our home in San Antonio, we felt confident that the combined quality of the traler and the assurance that we "could take it to any Forrest River dealer for service"', we would be safe. (There is no Rpod dealer within a 100 miles of where we live). The first time we had a problem with the electric tongue lift not working, we found that "any Forrest River dealer" for repairs was true. In fact, even with with Forrest River's help, we were left with called Ngo numerous dealers only to say no and offer no assistance. Fortunately, I did find an area Forrest River dealer has worked very hard to help us. They were the only dealer of 6 which I called that was willing to help us. Although they are not an RPod dealer, they have done much to help us. There has been a series of issues with the RPod which have greatly undermined my confidence in my camper. So far, our 6 month old camper has had considerable problems . Beginning with a defective tongue lift, we found ourselves with a heather that was so loud, we stopped using it and plugged in a stand alone. (Reported to be a piece of packing plastic inside the unit). We have experienced a water leak which flooded the rear storage compartment.(Break at the city water inlet). An A/C unit with a part missing that makes too much noise to use until the part comes in. (2 weeks in the shop so far). Blue caulk scattered on numerous portions of the black framing. Decals beginning peel in some places. This unit sold for $22 k before discount. The most a dealer will allow on trade is $9k. We are trapped in a camper that we have no faith in manufactured by a company we have no faith in and sold by a dealer we have no faith in. If I had a do over, I would have purchased something from a local dealer and it would not have been a Forrest River product.
- Randy Pollock, Texas

2020-10-18 2020 Forest River No Boundaries NB16.8 View Listings

This is a warning do not buy this trailer. Everything fell apart. The microwave fell out while driving, three major leaks when its raining, all the cabinets disintegrating, shower leaking behind wall, axle bent, needed new bearings, sink fell out while full of water, wall bent, table fell apart, blinds already not working, and hey this was all happening week two of our first trip with this piece of junk. It only got worse by week four of our trip we had to give the trailer back to the dealership as it was getting unsafe. Now we are trying to get our money back on a unit that was not fit to sell. Shockingly bad workmanship.
- Angela Steiner, British Columbia

2020-10-18 2018 Forest River Georgetown XL 369XL View Listings

We bought this RV new. Expecting it to be a dependable ride for our future plans to travel around for a few years. We have had one issue after another. Flooring was not laid correctly and had to be totally replaced. We had inlaid flooring. They replaced with vinyl. Totally unacceptable but apparently that is allowed. When the floor as replaced they took out some of the wood trim and used a wallpaper like trim. Not good. While we were out about the 3rd time, the slide would not go back in correctly. That was covered under warranty but it has never been right. Damaged some of the trim which we will have repaired this year. The water heater is not heating the water hot enough to take a shower comfortably. Again something we have to get repaired. We found some screws in the floor last week. They belonged under the driver seat. Almost all had worked loose. We think when they put in linoleum they did not tighten the screws. Could have been a major issue. Very disgusted with this RV. Bought at Campers Inn Jeffersonville IN. We would not buy anything else from them. Salesman has told us once he sells them h is out of it. Not very good customer service. What do Iike? It is pretty. It has a nice large fridge. That’s about it. We would not buy another Forest River.
- Pam Perkins, Kentucky

2020-10-18 2019 Forest River R-Pod RP-190 View Listings

Fun camper for a couple on the road. Would be excellent for person working on the road. Really tows behind V6 SUV. The R-pod has so much personality. They're cute and whimsical with high quality finishes.
- Tammy Bass, Oklahoma

2020-10-16 2021 Forest River Forester 2501TS View Listings

We just purchased our motorhome. It has tons of storage and is well built. It artic package so therefore it is warm and cozy. Plenty of counter space and the interior is very comfortable. The bathroom and shower could use an extra foot but other words a great purchase.
- Bruce King, North Carolina

2020-10-16 2014 Forest River Rockwood Windjammer 3008V View Listings

We lived in this RV off and on for two years and I loved the layout. The V-Front design with the kitchen is the best! THe kitchen up front gave us more room in the living area and the kitchen was great size with lots of storage. I love the two front windows looking out the kitchen, let in lots of natural light and ability to enjoy surroundings. The bedroom and bath at the other end was roomy and very comfortable. The outside awning is huge, covers both entry doors and allowed for a large entertainment area outside in the shade. We were in Florida with it and it withstood the winds and rain very well. Overall, love this model and brand..no problems!
- terry, Florida

2020-10-16 2018 Forest River Rockwood Geo Pro 19FD View Listings

Rented one from an area owner. Was looking for a lightweight unit to tow with my small truck. Larger fridge is good. Would rather have a microwave convection oven comba than an oven and a microwave. Waisted space. Build quality is poor. In a ten day trip had to reattach one stove burner and the glass stove top. Dinette table has a label to warn people not to lean on it. Blinds had to be fixed as they kept coming off the rail. In one I’ve the storage compartments you can see six screws poking through as they missed the stud. The compartment separators might as well be made out of cardboard. Black water valve has a small meal which makes sewer treatment nauseating. The list of things I have had to deal with in eight days goes on. The built in steps make the door catch if your site is not perfectly level. What I have liked is the Murphy bed layout. Bottom line is that through renting I have determined that a group pro or other rock wood products are def not in my future.
- Carlos Solis, Texas

2020-10-13 2020 Forest River Sandpiper 379FLOK View Listings

-Refrigerator had standing water in the freezer while it was still on after 2 days -ice maker did not make ice in 2 days and the trays never filled -Refrigerator leaked water into the floor during travel on the road due to refrigerator freezing up -TV cord caught and cut in two by the actuator -RCA cable for sound bar caught in actuator and cut in two -Flooring in front of the refrigerator is peeling up -2 top drawers in bedroom beside of bed doesn’t “soft close” nor do they seem like they will stay closed -air conditioner vent falling out in the bathroom when traveling down the road -awning looks like is has pulled loose on the left hand side -flooring in front of refrigerator slide is torn in front of the refrigerator and the island -fuse for the fan in the kitchen is missing -remote control for the electric fireplace is missing -screen door at the bathroom does not latch when separated from the regular door -outdoor shower hose is missing -1st drawer to the left of the island does not “soft close” and will not stay completely shut -Black water tank flush does not allow water to go into black water tank. It just holds pressure until the hose is taken loose. -Black water tank will not completely empty. This is a brand new camper and all these problems have turned up after two weeks of ownership. I contacted Forest River and was told they would pass along my concerns and issues to the GM, Plant Manager and Quality Control. HA! Really? No response from Forest River! I am extremely disappointed and frustrated in my experience so far.
- Chris Sexton, North Carolina

2020-10-13 2019 Forest River Forester LE 3251DSLE View Listings

We bought this as our first Class C after renting a similar model. This drives incredibly well and is a quiet ride. We also love the floorplan. It's incredibly well laid out and the overhead bunk bunk beds, jackknife sofa, dinette, and queen bed give so much sleeping area. We really enjoy the Forest River Forester and would highly recommend it to anyone looking. Great for experienced owners or even first timers.
- Charity, Arizona

2020-10-13 2019 Forest River Salem Hemisphere GLX 322BH View Listings

So many leaks in bathroom, kitchen and skylight I was unable to fix everything within the year. A normal appointment took 3-4 weeks to get in. Over a week to fix every time it went in. Month 13-14 if ownership I paid 2500 in. Additional water problems. Contacted Forestry River and was told to send in receipts. That was 5 months ago. “Customer Service” refuses to return calls or emails. Forest River is throwing these trailers together and not backing their product...keep looking
- Diana Thomas, Oregon

2020-10-12 2021 Forest River Salem 181RT View Listings

We recently bought this forest river salem fsx 181rt from a major dealer in ohio Jeff couch's RV. When it was shipped to us I found many problems right away. Apparently they don't have quality control. My refrigerator was dented in 3 places, toilet was scratched severely, poor craftsmanship throughout. My blackwater tank wasn't secured properly, there was blood in the shower and bathroom door! It looks like they threw it together overnight. Everyone is "so sorry" but don't seem to want to do much about it. We will never buy another one.
- tonybowne, South Carolina

2020-10-12 2019 Forest River Cherokee Wolf Pup 16BHS View Listings

I purchased this in 2019, one of the stabilizer jacks had failed. The weld on the nut had broken off making the unit unusable. I had to remove it so it could be towed, after many calls and emails, and photographs. They told me it was taken care of, but was it really no, they just told me that to get me off the phone. If warranty and coverage are important don't buy this brand, if customer service is important don't buy this brand.
- andywjonze, New York

2020-10-11 2019 Forest River Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BRDS View Listings

Everything about this trailer is cheap and poor quality. This is my second trailer and I am astounded by the consistent failure of the basic systems. Water pump leaks and stays on constantly, motor on the awning already out (and we rarely used it), back bumper is so cheap it broke off, trim pieces detaching from doorways, one of the burners fell off, and the carbon monoxide detector goes off every time we take a trip at some point, with no explanation. I could keep going. We had our last trailer for 15 years with very few problems. There are also some design flaws. The panel shines right in your eyes at night, and you can’t open the master bed unless the slide is out. Would not recommend this brand to anyone.
- Amanda Mendenhall, Utah

2020-10-11 2018 Forest River Vibe Extreme Lite 261BHS View Listings

Bought brand new and have had nothing but problems from the start. Trim falling off, glass light covers shattering, rust everywhere, hole in awning, hole in mattress, leaking shower, slide cables frayed, slide not level, peeling trim paper, hole in gas line causing a major leak, gas line not working after repaired. I can go on and on. Poor quality craftsmanship and a manufacturer who doesn’t care what they produce. Will never buy a Forest River brand ever again or recommend one.
- Cori, Washington

2020-10-11 2015 Forest River Sunseeker 2500TS View Listings

Great RV lots of storage tows very well, easy to drive and has been a very good RV for us. Lots of extras Forest River did a good job putting a lot in a small RV. Spacious floor plan would like to see the option to have 2 theater seats instead of the dinette.
- carolmweaver, Michigan

2020-10-11 2018 Forest River Cherokee Arctic Wolf 305ML6 View Listings

Biggest piece of shit I have ever owned. Being only two years old the shower does fall out of place. The plastic that holds windows in place is warped from the sun and windows don’t stay in place. Propane lines leak propane! Screen doors screws are stripped out! Warranty sucks shit. Poorest built campers do not buy this junk!
- Bruce Nepper, Wyoming

2020-10-10 2021 Forest River Cherokee Alpha Wolf 23RDL View Listings

This unit was purchased this year. Dealer prep on it was terrible .Trailer was filthy glue on the floors. Entry door didn't fit correctly. Ordered the unit with a fire place didn't have it. Very poor quality control. Shower floor has no support you would think that building rv's for all these years this would be something to check and correct. Had to brace it up with 2x4s so we could use the shower on our first trip. Usb ports in living room failed on the first day. Fancy faucet leaks No repair for it have to replace the whole faucet.12 volt fridge makes so much noise you can't sleep at night. But it does tow nice. I would take a very close look at this before considering. Very poor quality workmanship. If this is how Forest river builds other units shame on them. Never purchase another FR product.
- aprlefe, Rhode Island

2020-10-09 2020 Forest River Sabre 36FRP View Listings

The floor plan is great! But I purchase new And out of the 14 months I only had it in my possession about 5months This unit has had massive water leaks Windows, roof, slide out and carpet replaced, constantly on phone trying to get it fixed Yes Forest River approved warranty repairs including total new roof on a NEW unit....I didn’t buy it for it to stay at the dealership for Constant repairs Only to be told no warranty on the new roof replacement, after Forest River Rep they would, They approved dealership to place roof because it was to far for they to take back to manufactory”what” and then Rep said never stated extended warranty because Forest River didn’t do it!!!! That was their Decision I would never recommend anyone to buy Forest River brand!!! Lemon for sure
- Cindy Raulerson, Florida

2020-10-08 2015 Forest River Rockwood Ultra Lite 8280WS View Listings

Forrest River is the best brand RV we have ever owned we have owned several and have been please with Forrest River it is made more solid and better construction. This rig pull straight and steady. The live ability is excellent there are more cabinets that usual in a rig this size. the living room is spacious with the flat screen and fire place it is very comfortable.
- teresaclevenger, Alabama

2020-10-07 2019 Forest River Salem 30KQBSS View Listings

Overall, the unit is very good for the price. There are a few workmanship issues, but anyone with a little bit of skill can easily remedy them. It tows very well with my F-250 and Anderson hitch. No sway issues at all up to about 70 mph. Vast amounts of storage and the large outdoor kitchen is very useable. AC works fine up to about 95 degrees, heat easily keeps up.
- Frank D., Oklahoma

2020-10-07 2020 Forest River Flagstaff Super Lite 26FKBS View Listings

Our 26fkbs is exactly what we were looking for. We previously owned the 25fkbs and love the back bedroom and front kitchen. This Trailer checked all our boxes. Well built, Very comfortable for 2 people. My wife loves the layout !! Pulls great and also Just fits in the driveway !! Win Win for us and a great price ! Patrick
- Patrick Keep, Oregon

2020-10-06 2020 Forest River Rockwood Geo Pro G19QB View Listings

Hello fellow Rvers, WE Absolutely Love the design and layout of our 2020 Forest River Rockwood Geo Pro G19QB!!! But the Refrigerator over heated within the first 2 days of camping. Putting a burn mark behind the access panel. We where afraid it would catch on fire. The kitchen sink leaked. The seal must be messed up. The awning squeaked really loud and wrinkled as We brought it in. Tha manufacturer is going to take care of these issues. While waiting on parts, We are camping without using the sink or the frig. NOW there is a leak around the front window!!! OMG...WE JUST BOUGHT THE CAMPER BRAND NEW. have not camped a week total!!! Thought We'd by a new camper and avoid people's used camper problems!!! New camper and can not camp the first week without putting it in for service. I'm Very Upset!!! What The Blank is gonna happen Next??? Sad😔😩😪Sandy
- Sandra Mitchell, Ohio

2020-10-05 2020 Forest River Surveyor 250FKS View Listings

I purchased a Forest River luxury Surveyor in June. I first made use of it in early July. After 1 week the rains came and it was leaking water. It took me a month to get the dealer to give me the okay to make the two-hour drive to return it to them. I dropped it off and it's been 5 weeks and I'm still waiting on a window. This is money wasted by the time I get the trailer back my warranty certainly will be shortened considerably. I called Forest River corporate office and talk to a grouchy woman. I have two family members shopping for travel trailers and I told them to stay away from Forest River as well as Daytona RVs.
- Curtis Brown, Florida

2020-10-04 2021 Forest River Rockwood Geo Pro G19FBS View Listings

Have had it less than 2 months but so far not a single problem. Very pleased with fit and finish. Tows like a dream. Great couples coach Easily get into any gas station. Very comfortable mattress and couch.
- Dan Charna, North Carolina

2020-10-01 2020 Forest River Salem Villa 42DL View Listings

We decided to buy new trailer instead of someone’s else’s dirt and headaches. We seen this trailer in person and thought it was pretty cool. I looked online for 4 months for something that we could have the kids and grandchildren stay over. We kept going back to the 42DL. We went and looked at it again and decided we liked it best. We bought it in December and because of covid we couldn’t start camping till June. I got it all packed, not really enough cupboard space or drawers. But I knew that when we looked. Tons of problems as the month goes by. The shower floor moves when you have a shower and does not feel safe.You have to push the drain down to drain out the water because the drain is higher that the shower floor. This is not right!! My husband went underneath the trailer and sure enough the membrane was full of water. Other issues we had ..2 windows leak,bedroom slide leaked, bedroom door you can see outside at the bottom when the door is shut, windows upstairs do not shut tight, the clamps in the big heavy windows are bending and ready to break, trim is falling off the ceiling, a blind has broke, kitchen sink is all rusted. The workmanship is terrible. We took the bedroom closet door off and use a curtain because the door only opens a foot. The awning is useless because it is so high. It is now October and we still don’t have the parts. We will have to winterize in a couple of weeks and get it fixed next spring. You don’t notice all the flaws until you live in it. Hopefully everything gets fixed and we have no more issues.
- Lynn, Ontario