Forest River RVs Reviews (1,349)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Forest River RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Randy Pollock from Texas says:

Have you owned any Forest River RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Forest River R-Pod RP-178 View Listings

After much research, we decided to purchase a 2017 Rpod 179 from a dealer in Mesquite, Texas. Although the dealer is approximately 300 miles from our home in San Antonio, we felt confident that the combined quality of the traler and the assurance that we "could take it to any Forrest River dealer for service"', we would be safe. (There is no Rpod dealer within a 100 miles of where we live). The first time we had a problem with the electric tongue lift not working, we found that "any Forrest River dealer" for repairs was true. In fact, even with with Forrest River's help, we were left with called Ngo numerous dealers only to say no and offer no assistance. Fortunately, I did find an area Forrest River dealer has worked very hard to help us. They were the only dealer of 6 which I called that was willing to help us. Although they are not an RPod dealer, they have done much to help us. There has been a series of issues with the RPod which have greatly undermined my confidence in my camper. So far, our 6 month old camper has had considerable problems . Beginning with a defective tongue lift, we found ourselves with a heather that was so loud, we stopped using it and plugged in a stand alone. (Reported to be a piece of packing plastic inside the unit). We have experienced a water leak which flooded the rear storage compartment.(Break at the city water inlet). An A/C unit with a part missing that makes too much noise to use until the part comes in. (2 weeks in the shop so far). Blue caulk scattered on numerous portions of the black framing. Decals beginning peel in some places. This unit sold for $22 k before discount. The most a dealer will allow on trade is $9k. We are trapped in a camper that we have no faith in manufactured by a company we have no faith in and sold by a dealer we have no faith in. If I had a do over, I would have purchased something from a local dealer and it would not have been a Forrest River product.
- Randy Pollock, Texas

2019-12-11 2017 Forest River Georgetown XL 364TS View Listings

My experience with the 2017 Georgetown LX, Has been a nightmare. We bought it brand new. Special ordered from the factory. Owned it for four or five months and started having leaks. Ceilings turned pink and purple. Water pouring down in all the rooms. It’s spent months in local repair shops. No one could fix it. Went back to the factory. Had to have all new roof new ceilings, was in the shop for about a year. It was still under warranty thank goodness. I would never buy a forest river product again.They knew the roof was too small for the unit and they patched it.Now it’s all over the Internet how many other people have had this nightmare with this motorhome. Shame shame shame on Forrest River. Now you worry about mold. Do not buy a forest river product
- Jim Rigney, Mississippi

2019-12-11 2015 Forest River Salem T30KQBSS View Listings

Worse purchase I have ever made. Bought brand new and the quality is horrible. On the outside there is glue everywhere. On every window frame, door frame. All the trim. When putting the slide out it pulls the window trim off. All the trim on the inside covering any joint is cut short. There is a piece on wood sticking out of the side window, can not remove because they put a screw from the window frame through it. Trim around table is cut short and not attached exposing the wood frame. Back screen is broke. Tub not even caulked. Outlets on crooked. Nicks and dings everywhere. Dealer sanded numerous spots on the walls and tried fixing as spots. Would be a lemon if it was a motor vehicle. DO NOT EVER BUY A FOREST RIVER RV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Steve, Ohio

2019-12-10 2017 Forest River Wildcat 37WB View Listings

Love this 5th wheel. Only problem we had was residential fridge didn’t work right away. Dealt with Forest River, dealer and fridge manufacturer and was replaced quickly. Have spent several multi weeks trips in it and is as comfortable as home! Lots of storage and room. Have had as many as 14 people in it for dinner when it was too nasty to go outside
- Margie, Illinois

2019-12-09 2020 Forest River Cherokee Alpha Wolf 26RL-L View Listings

Purchased first week of April of 2019, we used it 24 times in 6 months on 2 day or more weekend and vacation camping trips only had to take in for 2 warranty issues a slide cable issue witch was fixed fast and the power inverter went out back in September fixed under warranty.overall we give the alpha wolf 2 thumbs up
- Barry Dawson , Tennessee

2019-12-08 2016 Forest River Georgetown XL 377TS View Listings

The floor is open and the 3 slides really provide a great look. Plank flooring from the Black Diamond Collection is one of the best features for overall looks. Heat strip heating provides warmth without running heater as well as the fireplace. The ride when towing is effortless and the 80 gal gas tank allows long travel segments without stopping.
- Ray Shideler, Florida

2019-12-07 2016 Forest River R-Pod RP-180 View Listings

I bought a very slightly used Rpod 180. It seemed perfect for my use. However, I have found the workmanship beyond disappointing. I have had to fix the leaky roof that was obviously repaired before. After using the camper for a while, I began to see several factory shortcuts in the trim and other areas. Very disappointed in the craftsmanship, especially for the price. I expected so much more from a Forest River product. I have owned 2 other campers from them. This will probably be my last.
- Robert Stacy, Missouri

2019-12-07 2017 Forest River Cedar Creek Hathaway 36CK2 View Listings

I would not recommend this RV to anyone because of the poor quality we have dealt with. We bought a Cedar Creek Hathaway in January 2018 and after only 1 1/2 years, we have had so much go wrong with it which has been very expensive and time consuming for our family. We have already had to deal with so much this year with our disabled daughter getting pneumonia twice and was in 3 different hospitals; she had to get a trach which was too big and cut off her oxygen, so we thought we had lost her 3 times in one day, etc, etc, etc. Now to have all this trouble with our new RV because there is only a 1 year warranty which ran out 9 months before the issues happened of course. First we had to drive from NM to KY and back with the biggest slide sticking out because while trying to close it the first morning, the rain cover got stuck between the slide and the RV and broke it. After we got home, my husband had to build a part to get the slide to work properly. It's a good thing he is a Mechanical Engineer! Why doesn't the manufacturer already have this figured out and make quality parts so we do not have to remake something to last and that actually works? On the same trip the fender came loose and shredded the tire below it then flew off just as it was getting dark. We asked the company if they would replace it because they didn't do a good job constructing it, but of course they wouldn't. Instead they told us where we could buy new parts. We had to pay a lot of money to buy another one and what an ordeal to get everything put back together!!! I can only imagine the expense if someone had to hire all of this work done. It took us 3 months to get it all finished after ordering the right parts and building new ones. On the first trip after fixing it, just 100 miles down the road, the new fender has come loose again even after my husband glued it this time. It is now broken again. :( We searched for several years trying to make sure we got a good quality RV as well as one we liked, to find out very quickly that the quality is very poor and it is a money pit with no help from the people who built it! It's only been more frustration to deal with. Uggghhh :( I would love to know if there is a more reputable and reliable company out there so we could have avoided all if this mess. We thought Forest River was just that from what we had heard from dealers, but we found out different. I would not buy a Forest River product again after this horrific experience.
- Cara Buchanan, New Mexico

2019-12-06 2015 Forest River Salem Cruise Lite 262BHXL View Listings

Very easy to tow with 1/2 ton truck, and easy to maintain unit. We have three ids, and it give them their own space. The outside sink/shower and refrigerator is perfect. It also comes with remote leveling and big kitchen refrigerator. It has worked very will for my family.
- John C, California

2019-12-06 2020 Forest River Cedar Creek Hathaway 34IK View Listings

This is our first RV. We were impressed last year at a local RV show by the space , and functionality of the fifth wheels we saw. I am tall, and feel confined easily. The Cedar Creek units were the best we saw at the show. We really liked the layout and quality. After 3 trips this year and over 2500 miles, a few screws have wiggled loose, and such. We have it in to be tightened up, and winterized. We keep it plugged in at our house usually. We miss it. My wife and I and our 2 labs love sleeping in it just cause. It’s really very nice inside. It takes a bit to cool it down when it’s 100 outside. There is nowhere to set a drink down near the couch except in the cup holder. No coffee mugs. No small counter etc. But that’s ok. We replaced the couch mattress day 2. A Zinus 5 inch works great! The bathroom double sink and shower with instant heat is flawless. I’m 6’3” and I have plenty of room in there. Overall happy with the unit. We will trade up soon to a bigger Cedar Creek. The dealer here is great. Takes awhile to get to service is all. Busy!
- robert donovan, Kansas

2019-12-05 2014 Forest River Berkshire 390BH View Listings

Great RV, perfect for bringing the kids along! Quality finishes, very comfortable! It's a bit of a sacrifice of the small bathroom compared to units without a bunk but worth it to give the kids their own space. Easy to drive and park. We love ours. Compared to others in this price range we really felt like we were getting luxury at a much better price!
- ksnider@copperstaterubber.com, Arizona

2019-12-03 2017 Forest River Vibe 308BHS View Listings

First off all campers must be treated like a wet paper bag. You need to be handy to fix all the small issues, take every precaution possible to keep them clean before storing. Not sure how much money needs to be spent on a camper for it not to have problems.
- jasong@fuse.net, Ohio

2019-12-02 2017 Forest River Vengeance 320A View Listings

We drove from Oregon to Minnesota to purchase our 320A. The experience over all has been good. I have not had to many problems. The tires they come with are garbage. But thats the same with every RV. These units and many others have problems with the Fresh Water tank supports. It holds a 100 gallons and is no way even close to be supported properly. There are some owners on line that state they have had the fresh water tank fall out the bottom of the trailer going down the road. The floor plan is great. The bathroom is hard to beat. Wish it had an RV oven and a bigger microwave. It is a PITA to winterize. The tongue weight on the 320A is far less than many Toy Haulers out there. We like our 320A a lot. When shopping, just remember, all RVs have bugs that have to be worked out no matter who makes it. Some more than others.
- Manley Inc!, Oregon

2019-12-01 2017 Forest River Surveyor Couples Coach 200MBLE View Listings

I bought a 2017 200MBLE that was used 1 time and couple month old.. the thing was new .. i am very disappointed by the bad quality and craftsmanship. things like the seat cushions go flat , cheap foam , mattress junk , the water lights that tell how full tanks are have never worked , thermostat quit working , staples are coming out of the paneling around the seat bases , i could go on and on , this is the cheapest POS i have ever seen.. it has been on 3 trips since new , stored inside in heat , they look good till you use them.. here's the kicker, called forest river about getting some warranty work done and they told me because i purchased from the original owner warranty was void , plus if it was good the dealers want 3 months to fix it .. total BS i will never buy another FR product again,. They are a bad company , don't have any pride in what they build, all they want is your money. i will be selling this POS and taking a lossI suggest no one ever buy a FR product again, for all you lovers wgaf what you say mine is junk !!!
- Duane, Washington

2019-11-30 2019 Forest River Wildcat 322RLI View Listings

We purchased the 322rli 2 weeks ago. In this time every hose in the RV has leaked and been tightened at least once. The shower drain was crooked and leaks, the shower doors seals leak. Around the shower door base had no silicone and leaked all over the place. The shower floor is soft and after inspection there is almost no support underneath. The back window leaked during a rain storm last week. My wife can not open the outside door it is so tight and out of adjustment. A couple of minor tears in hide a bed and wallpaper. Sawdust and filings in most drawers and in all cupboards. On the outside siding there are several places that I had to file to make the edges smooth. Along the metal siding under the fibreglass part they put a 3’ piece at the end instead of running a whole piece to the end. Then just screwed it together with no trim and razor sharp edges exposed. We have had a Jayco, Heartland and now a Forest River. We are very disappointed with the overall workmanship of the FR. There is no attention to detail whatsoever. After talking to other RV owners Forest River is not the only one that puts out substandard units and workmanship. Again at this point we are disappointed with our first impression but we hope over time this will be an enjoyable RV.
- Shaun McMahon , Florida

2019-11-30 2018 Forest River Rockwood Mini Lite 2507S View Listings

I have had our unit on the road for two seasons now. We had a tremendous numbers of problems with the unit but I have to say after taking back to the factory in Indiana from Ontario the issues were repaired very well. Our dealer in Ontario was useless in addressing the priblems We had water leaks, damaged cabinates, leaking cargo hatches, poor fitting trim, locks that didn't work,a ceiling fan that had no power to it, a water pump that was not attached to the floor, etc etc. I attribute most of the problems to the dealer not doing a proper if any PDI. Finally when they said the problems were too much for them I spoke to the factory in Indiana. To speed repairs along I towed it to the repair facility, they paid my costs and I could not be happier with the service, the attitude and the repairs. Bravo. Not so much for the dealer. Since the first season we have not had any problems. So kudos to the factory for taking care of my troubles.
- Paul Sprague, Ontario

2019-11-29 2018 Forest River Legacy SR 340 34A View Listings

Don't do it. This rig, although beautiful inside and out has been a nightmare. More time in the shop then in our position!! And Forest river support is a joke. They even send a nice little right after. If we had to do it again we would not!! Looking to trade it in on something that's been much more reliable in the past.this is the 6th RV we had in the last 30 years and by far the worst as far as quality. Looks good but that's great if you don't want to use it.
- Nick, Washington

2019-11-29 2017 Forest River XLR Thunderbolt 422AMP View Listings

Not impressed with the quality of forest river manufacturing. It seems the quality checking is non existence. The black water valve was reversed so the first time emptying was a bit of a mess. Tipped the guy at the site the cost of the empty because he wore the mess. The workmanship is beyond shoddy..trim coming loose etc. We had trouble with 2 of the three doors closing properly. We were first time rv owners and there were far too many things we were not informed about (this issue is obviously on the dealership). That having been said 3 seasons later the dealership has addressed each issue but we have had to take the rv back to the dealership after each winter season down south. We have had tire issues in Arizona, inverter issues in California (this one was not good the inverter is the heart and soul of and RV and in 110 degree weather to go dead in the water is not good). We called our dealer from California someone said to go ahead and get it fixed. We did so but because we did not get a name of the person they reimbursed us the 800$ paid in American in 800$ Canadian that is at least a 30 percent loss to us. (That is on our dealership) for the amount of money this unit cost I have huge issue with quality of the workmanship over all. As with any dealership once the vehicle/unlit is sold they are done with you. That doesn’t seem to change be it a vehicle or an RV. I would hesitate to purchase a forest river product again. I would for sure research more before we purchase again. So far we have been able to fix the issues reasonably easy however I feel we shouldn’t have to be fixing much of anything for a unit that cost us over 100,000.00 Canadian.
- Jo-Anne, ontario canada, Ontario

2019-11-28 2020 Forest River Rockwood Geo Pro G19FBS View Listings

We did our research and found this model to be exactly what we wanted. Why spend the money on a hotel when we can sleep in our second bed. We are still learning more and more about our purchase. We have some small issues but after reading up even more about the heating system we worked out the kinks. Over all we love our Tuna Can.
- SOMD, Maryland

2019-11-26 2015 Forest River Georgetown XL 334QS View Listings

It is very good motorhome. I study motorhomes and their companies for one year. I finish with Forest Wood Company both on gas and diesel motorhome and Georgetown Xl and Sportcoach . Then maintenance cost and the gas was much lower. The floorplan was just what we wanted with washer /dryer combo. It tow much better than expected. I stay in campground for the summer I listen to owners the wanted more horsepower in their motorhome, but you have to increase weight to have more horsepower. So 334qs is perfect size to stay and travel in Forestry Campground. Forestry has not adjusted for larger size Rv. Only dislike is why have freshwater in sewer compartment a big no no.
- Lenard Thomas, Texas

2019-11-22 2018 Forest River Sunseeker MBS 2400W View Listings

Had two small issues during the walk through. Blue Dog corrected, before delivery. We pull a Jeep Cherokee, every where we go, have had no issues towing. We get right at 11 MPG, while towing our Jeep. We really like the layout and the Sunseeker is small enough to get into almost every State and National park. This is the first camper we have ever owned that my wife would drive. We downsized from our Tiffin 42QRP and have been very happy doing that, we can get into places we never could with out DP.
- Roy, Nevada

2019-11-22 2020 Forest River Rockwood Geo Pro G19FBS View Listings

Replaced a 4300 lb 2016 Rockwood mini lite 2505s with this 3300 lb unit and am very happy with it. Am impressed with the quality of the Rockwood line of RVs. Had a few problems with the mini lite such as GCI plugs that didn't work and water heater that was not hooked to electric but that was fixed. Did have to replace bathroom GCI plug in this unit. Geo pro tows great as it is 8" less wide than a standard trailer. Can see whats behind with regular mirrors no problem and Ram 1500 5.7 liter truck tows with ease. But mileage drops from 19 city to 12mpg on road when towing. Would have preferred bunk house privacy setup for beds but like this set up for everything else. Queen bed in front needs a curtain as it is out in open and if one person goes to bed earlier than the other the overhead lights have to be dealt with. But we can add a curtain. We like the solar panel and inverter that recharges the battery and the knobby off road tires. Plus have had people that love the outside look and want to see inside at campgrounds. The solid stairs and bright white inside decor as well as the large windows are a great departure from the dated brown cabnetry used in most units even to this day. Bike rack on front works well once get adjusted correctly. Just got back from Santa Fe, New Mexico 1600 mile round trip and it went well
- Ray Gerstein, Arkansas

2019-11-20 2017 Forest River Sunseeker MBS 2400R View Listings

This is a very comfortable motorhome to drive. Our first trip was 1200 miles to Maine. The quality is pretty good. I've had a couple small things that needed repaired. Overall the 'local' dealer has been pretty good since I bought it in Ohio. Only aggravation was having the outdoor electric step repaired. I called for an appointment while under warranty but they couldn't get me in until it was out. They were working with FR about getting it covered. I asked them a couple times to order in parts and get it repaired because it was only a matter of who was going to pay. They didn't, waiting until they finally got approval from Forest River. They had the rig for a month and we missed a planned trip.
- Doug Blank , South Carolina

2019-11-19 2020 Forest River Forester 2441DS View Listings

We like the RV, but , when we took it for our first camping trip, we had. A few issues, one of the truck mirror, driver side was loose, the major issue that we have is the fresh water tank was not holding any water, we founded out the hard way, we where at a camp ground where not water or electricity was providing, we had to drive back in forth to get water, we have a bad leak in the tank. We have spent so much time trying to fix the problem, now we have to short our trip to get back to camping world to put our motor home in the shop. This camper doesn’t have a drain valve and what they have was not sealed good, we had another forest river travel trailer, that had a better system to drain the fresh water tank. Very disappointed customer for the price we paid for this motor home.
- Zonia, Florida

2019-11-19 2017 Forest River Vibe Extreme Lite 224RLS View Listings

Purchased this Travel Trailer in Anchorage for a relocation to Santa Fe with my wife and dog. I was very glad that I was carrying a full tool kit for the trip. In spite of my preparations, the trailer still ended up in a repair facility twice on the trip. The worst problems seemed to be electrical in nature and affected jack operation, trailer lighting and slide operation. After I got the trailer to Santa Fe, I continued to have continual problems with it. I had the opportunity to do a lot of maintenance/repair work on it. I got first hand experience with the build quality, craftsmanship and material quality. All of which I would rate as poor. There were fit and finish problems with the cabinetry, construction debris left under the cabinets, sloppy wiring, lack of owner documentation, loose plumbing fittings, loose hardware, etc, etc. The most significant problem was with the wiring harness. The main harness was routed through the frame supports in a V-shaped channel, with no sheathing or conduit. All thirteen wires in the harness wore through the insulation and shorted on the frame, including the primary battery feed. The issue was noticed after having the trailer for 13 months. Forest River refused to repair under warranty, even though it was an obvious manufacturing defect because the warranty had expired! On a positive note, we liked the layout of the unit and none of the major systems (refrigerator, air conditioner, heater, etc) failed while we had it. We were actually able to enjoy the unit after spending over a year fixing defects and making some upgrades. Based on my ownership experience, I cannot recommend a Forest River product and will not purchase another one.
- John Shipe, New Mexico