Forest River

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Forest River RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Randy Pollock from Texas says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Forest River R-Pod RP-178 View Listings

After much research, we decided to purchase a 2017 Rpod 179 from a dealer in Mesquite, Texas. Although the dealer is approximately 300 miles from our home in San Antonio, we felt confident that the combined quality of the traler and the assurance that we "could take it to any Forrest River dealer for service"', we would be safe. (There is no Rpod dealer within a 100 miles of where we live). The first time we had a problem with the electric tongue lift not working, we found that "any Forrest River dealer" for repairs was true. In fact, even with with Forrest River's help, we were left with called Ngo numerous dealers only to say no and offer no assistance. Fortunately, I did find an area Forrest River dealer has worked very hard to help us. They were the only dealer of 6 which I called that was willing to help us. Although they are not an RPod dealer, they have done much to help us. There has been a series of issues with the RPod which have greatly undermined my confidence in my camper. So far, our 6 month old camper has had considerable problems . Beginning with a defective tongue lift, we found ourselves with a heather that was so loud, we stopped using it and plugged in a stand alone. (Reported to be a piece of packing plastic inside the unit). We have experienced a water leak which flooded the rear storage compartment.(Break at the city water inlet). An A/C unit with a part missing that makes too much noise to use until the part comes in. (2 weeks in the shop so far). Blue caulk scattered on numerous portions of the black framing. Decals beginning peel in some places. This unit sold for $22 k before discount. The most a dealer will allow on trade is $9k. We are trapped in a camper that we have no faith in manufactured by a company we have no faith in and sold by a dealer we have no faith in. If I had a do over, I would have purchased something from a local dealer and it would not have been a Forrest River product.
- Randy Pollock, Texas

2021-06-21 2019 Forest River No Boundaries NB19.5 View Listings

We bought the 2019 no boundaries trailer and have not had nothing but problems. Second time we took it out the underbelly fell out on the freeway. It was in the shop for eight months. We thought it was fixed. Our next trip the refrigerator went out, no air-conditioning in 109° weather and no electricity. Electric outlets have fallen out of the wall, handles are breaking off. The dealership will not help us. We are ready to turn it in and take the hit on our credit. Do not purchase this trailer!
- Wendy Smith, California

2021-06-19 2017 Forest River R-Pod RP-178 View Listings

Very dissatisfied falling apart very poor craftsmen ship I have had to do many things with this trailer since I have had it paid alot of money totally not worth it they do not make sure there product is put out properly period...I bought a platinum warranty an DC they have every excuse in the world to not warranty shit!!! I am about ready to sue there asses
- Jonna Kingston, Idaho

2021-06-18 2013 Forest River Evo T2050 View Listings

Excellent for me and hubby. Very open,two side outs. Private bedroom with door slides on each side of Queen bed going into kitchen area. Chrome style refrig, wheels. Easy auto awning and stabilizers. Now looking to trade for another Evo!
- Rosie saldana, California

2021-06-18 2017 Forest River Vibe 272BHS View Listings

Bought new, identified flaws upon purchase was told they would all be dealt with. Yesterday marks 1 year of dealing with it and still has all the flaws. Will probably just take a hit and sell with issues. Would rather give birth to a porky pine then ever own another FOREST RIVER product.
- Cassidy Fouillard, Alberta

2021-06-18 2013 Forest River Cardinal 3450RL View Listings

We have a 2019 Cardinal Luxury Fith wheel. I bought it in late 2018 from Demontron, RV In Texas City. The quality of this unit is not what you would expect for a high in the wheel trailer. Multiple warranty issues and shoddy quality repairs. The worst part, after two year, the siding is eliminating. When I contacted Forest River I was told it was potential a upper frame issue and the warranty was on one year and they have no Financial obligation to repair.
- Jeffrey, Texas

2021-06-16 2020 Forest River Wildwood Heritage Glen Hyper-Lyte 26BHHL View Listings

Very thoughtful when designed. Great use of space Lots of living sleeping areas and thick pocket doors for privacy. Huge kitchen sink Bathtub and shower Just big enough to get into all the national parks and great spots at state and beach parks
- Gianfranco Caputo, California

2021-06-13 2014 Forest River Rockwood Ultra Lite 2608WS View Listings

We Love this rockwood but we are the second owners,workmenship not so happy bed frame was shot -ee at best welding. hoping the rest is better. roof is loos ? I have done a ton of repairs on this camper and i have done a s*
- melissa dearborn, New York

2021-06-13 2019 Forest River Cherokee Arctic Wolf 265DBH8 View Listings

This 265 DBH was not what it appeared to be. Liked the floor plan and appearance. But. Very poor workmanship. Looks like cheap inexperienced labor was used. I’ve had to refasten and add wall and floor molding because of the cheap floor covering, repair doors, fix plumbing. The dining table plastic covering came loose and I had to rebuild and resurface. Now the kitchen cabinet molded top is separating, water has gotten under it and the particle board is swelling. Going to have to replace. Very pissed every time I find something wrong. And I’m sure the problems are not over.
- Clark Langley, Arkansas

2021-06-13 2016 Forest River Berkshire 34QS View Listings

Love this floor plan. The dinette and sofa are across from each other and up front by driver and passenger seats so great when entertaining guests. Great having stackable W/D. Love the full length dresser in bedroom and extra large closet as well as the King size bed. Living area is very spacious. We are able to put a coffee table infront of sofa, a footstool in front of one of the chairs and a small end table next between the drivers seat and sofa and still have plenty of room to walk around and makes it very homey. Also we like having the large windows over dining table (the later models have a TV between two small windows over dinette) and the sofa areas. Extra large stainless steel sink in kitchen is really nice and the residential Refrigerator with icemaker is a plus. Cons is the Atwood hot water system as we have to run and waste alot of water before we get hot water. Weve had to replace the low flow faucets with faster flowing faucets to improve the flow of water and get more and faster hot water when showering. Another con is the window next to co-pilot (passenger) seat. It is designed so there is a bar at passenger eye level so unless you're very tall you can not get a good view out the window. This coach drives nice and tows our Honda CRV AWD with no problem. We did replace the Michelin tires that came on the coach with Toyo tires and the ride seems even smoother. This coach is perfect for two people. Although the sofa and dinette make into beds it really would be a hassle to do that every night. So we recommend this as being the perfect travel coach for a couple with no kids. Plenty of room if you have a dog. And we find that we have tons and tons of storage inside and outside. We dont even use all the storage inside. We love this coach. It's only a 340HP but as long as we are not overloaded we have no issues with power even whiling towing. We get close to 10 mph which is great and we use diesel 2 fuel. We enjoy this coach.
- JOSE L, California

2021-06-12 2019 Forest River Wildwood 32BHDS View Listings

Garbage. Plan and simple. Where do I begin. RV world fort Myers. Sales was not helpful even after explaining what I didn’t want. The camper. AC lasted a month. Slides started rotting after a year. Plumbing must be checked RJ driving to and from. Only one door out of 7 shuts. You must use a hammer. This manufacture should be hung
- Mike vellucci, Florida

2021-06-12 2021 Forest River Rockwood Geo Pro G19FBS View Listings

So, I am not one who likes to complain publicly about issues I'm having but rather deal with them privately or just suck it up and move on...Having said that, I have received some of the worst customer service from this department...let me explain. I ordered a new Rockwood GEO 20BHS from them back in November and it was delivered in March. After my initial walk-through at the dealer everything seemed fine and I soon took it for its maiden voyage. In the process of pulling out drawers to adjust water lines (open/closed) or even going under the sink to put stuff away I noticed a handful of screws just rolling around, several boards that had pilot screws in them but never actually installed, one broken board that was glued down, and another that was missing entirely. So, when I got back home I reached out to ask if they had someone checking this before it left and basically saying you missed it and to pay attention...the answer I got back from Mark Akins was "To answer your question yes we have multiple inspections." and "Sometimes the rv travels many miles to the dealer from Northern Indian were we build them and will need some shake down repaired to get ready for sale." I tried to explain this wasn't something just working its way loose (although its meant to move so if that was the case, then that's another issue), but rather never being installed and even offered to send pictures since I have never seen a screw back out an inch while traveling. Mark then ignored me for 6 weeks until I finally reached back out and thanked him for his lack of concern or getting back, to which he responded with 'I answered your question", presumably about if they have a QA department. I have asked to deal with someone else, he has sent my email to his management and they are just as incompetent and thus no more replies. As much as like my 1st ever camper, I can assure you that my next one will be from a different manufacture 100% based upon the lack of support and general bad attitude I have received from this company
- michael robison, Missouri

2021-06-11 2015 Forest River Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8289WS View Listings

Great Fifth Wheel Trailer, very roomy inside floor plan for a 32 foot trailer. Has opposing slide outs. Towed very nice down the road with my Ford F-250. Plenty of storage. Has a 15,000 btu ducted A/C. Angled entertainment center with surround sound very nice too.
- Doug, California

2021-06-11 2014 Forest River FR3 30DS View Listings

24.7 foot RV on Mercedes Benz chassis. 27,000 miles, perfect shape. Upgraded levelers, mostly in storage but drove it to Illinois 3 times. Runs on diesel and get in the 20s or better. 2 slides, bedroom slides out the back and another slide out makes the living room wider. 5 speed forward gears takes you over mountains with ease while towing. Tow vehicle is a 2017 6 speed manual shift honda civic imported from the UK. Tow vehicle not included but will add on for $19,000. 89,000 for RV.This vehicle is close to showroom perfection. Blue Ox tow bar included. Car breaking system extra.
- James Maruska, California

2021-06-11 2019 Forest River Cherokee Wolf Pack 325PACK13 View Listings

I love the way this camper pulls, but that’s about it. The quality is not up to par at $35k. The bed broke at the dealer during the walk through, the water lines got pinched under the floor causing no water to kitchen sink, the refrigerator stopped working about two months of owning, both a/c stopped getting cold on the second camping season, all 4 slide out seals have been replaced in the second season, and now the third season and the floor had a big hole in it at the entry door, probley due to the seals tearing up. Other than that it tows great and has made many trips to the dealer for repairs.
- James holcomb, West Virginia

2021-06-10 2019 Forest River Vibe Extreme Lite 277RLS View Listings

Bought new spring of 2019. Nice floor plan but every time we take it out we have to fix something. I do not want to wait 4 months for it in the shop, so I just fix it myself. Warranty sucks anyway. Had it out about 6 times. 1. Slide door between bedroom and bathroom fell off. It was not even nailed into studs. 2. Shower leaked. Not calked properly 3. Door frame in hallway to bedroom came away from frame. Again, not nailed into stud. 4. Wood Cross bars on booths under cushions were about 1/2” and broke. 5. Loose wire on tongue needed fixing as hitch would not raise or lower 6. You could see outside light coming through the back wall of trailer where floor meets. Held together with caulking. 7. Toilet leaked. Cheap squeaky toilet anyway when you sat on it so replaced it with a porcelain. Taking it out this weekend so I am sure there are more problems to come. Would not advise buying a Vibe. Had the last trailer 13 years and very few issues in all those years.
- J Febus, Washington

2021-06-08 2018 Forest River Rockwood Hard Side High Wall A214HW View Listings

This was a great little camper for my husband and I, tiny living at its best. I take it out on my own and set it up no problem. Although, I wish I would have seen the reviews about the Actuator, We are on our 3rd one, they run out in about a year and a half, after the warranty wears off. My husband took the motor apart, it had water in it and had rusted. If I would have seen a review about this known problem, I would have picked a different camper Good Luck
- Kay Potland, Minnesota

2021-06-07 2015 Forest River Wildcat 317RL View Listings

As the original owner, we love this RV, especially the floor plan and outdoor kitchen. We had a hard time deciding to sell, but we need additional sleeping/bunks. Hard to find a living room this big and an outdoor kitchen for under 38 feet.
- Doug C, New York

2021-06-07 2017 Forest River Cedar Creek Champagne 38EL View Listings

We love the storage and the aesthetics. It’s a beautiful RV. The craftsmanship , not so great. They forgot to do some major things. The residential refrigerator was never fastened in. The king bed never bolted down. We had a crack in the exterior which we had to have repaired. It wasn’t covered under our warranty because we’re the second owners. There were several other things that were not right. It cost us thousands to get all things repaired. So look them over very very carefully.
- Lynn Shanty, Michigan

2021-06-06 2018 Forest River Salem Hemisphere Hyper-Lyte 23RBHL View Listings

Bought this 2018 Salem Hemisphere hyper-lyte 23RBHL used in 2020. Just noticed that the slide out’s floor is wet and rotting. Basically found that the wood for the floor is exposed and not sealed. If the slide is open and it’s raining, the wood is getting wet. Water runs down and then under soaking the wood. Whose bright idea was this? We’ll be replacing the floor ourselves next weekend and be making improvements to wood sealant.
- Rodge, Alabama

2021-06-05 2011 Forest River Berkshire 360FWS View Listings

This a great driving great riding RV. If ever drive or ride in one you will not go back to the others. We tow a Jeep and you don’t even know it back there and it gets pretty much the same miles per gallon
- Terry, North Carolina

2021-06-05 2021 Forest River Wildwood X-Lite 273QBXL View Listings

Well here it goes, we bought our camper just after Hurricane Luara that hit South West Louisiana. We had been on a hunt for one for a bit and found a floor plan we loved, how ever the dealer is a 5 hr drive so bought it sit unseen. Who would have thought that buying a brand new travel trailer and have so many issues out of it 8 months later would be an issue. So here is the problems. 1 we had water leak on the toilet, had a mobil guy fix it and 2 weeks later was leaking again, ended up having to lengthen the line to the toilet to fix it. 2 the rear window on the slide starts leaking but only in a hard rain, light rains are ok and does not leak. 3 front corner of the slides starts to leak and it leaks in any kind of rain. 4 after all the leaks started I started to ok real hard at the quality of the builder and well there in apparently no QC for forrestriver because the bottom seals on our slide do not even touch the slide at all. You can see day light all the way down it. So I call to get a repair appointment and they tell me they are 6 months out for any service or repair. I dont know about you guys but I travel for work and use my camper quit a bit and can not afford to lose it for 6months to a year for repair. If I had it to do it all over I would not ever buy another forrestriver product.
- Joseph Anderson, Texas

2021-06-05 2014 Forest River Vengeance 396V View Listings

Love this rv, has plenty of storage/ room for our toys, gear, luggage, and people. Kitchen is great for socializing. Ac,s work great, keep it cool and it stays cool. Also has heat on the acts that work quick. For us it's a weel built unit. It also looks pretty bad ass going down the road!
- Cark, California

2021-06-04 2018 Forest River Salem Cruise Lite 254RLXL View Listings

I only used our RV twice but loved it. We traveled to an RV park about 70 miles away on two separate weekend vacations with no problems. (But due to my husband's illness, we no longer can go camping.)
- Carol Boller, California

2021-06-04 2021 Forest River Wildwood 33TS View Listings

Bought brand new from the dealership.. We Used it for a total of one week... and it already needs a whole new floor due to plumbing in the shower never being connected to the drain by mfg. The front door won't close or lock. The outdoor kitchen door is jacked up and won't latch due to installation errors not square. We get electric shocks when you plug it in and touch anything. Of course the slide out is tearing the floor. Nothing but problems happening since we bought it. We literally had used it for 1 week! The Dealership has had it in their possession since February 26 of 2021 and still waiting on authorization to repair the floor! (It is now June 4)I already need a new travel trailer and this was Brand new when it was purchased! I'm beyond angry. And extremely disappointed that this company allows these errors to leave their facility. Never buying another. Tell all of your friends to avoid them, I know I am. 🍋 anyone.
- Lisa, Michigan