Forest River Reviews on RV Insider (2,066)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Forest River RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Randy Pollock from Texas says:

Read More (2066 reviews)

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Forest River R-Pod RP-178 View Listings

After much research, we decided to purchase a 2017 Rpod 179 from a dealer in Mesquite, Texas. Although the dealer is approximately 300 miles from our home in San Antonio, we felt confident that the combined quality of the traler and the assurance that we "could take it to any Forrest River dealer for service"', we would be safe. (There is no Rpod dealer within a 100 miles of where we live). The first time we had a problem with the electric tongue lift not working, we found that "any Forrest River dealer" for repairs was true. In fact, even with with Forrest River's help, we were left with called Ngo numerous dealers only to say no and offer no assistance. Fortunately, I did find an area Forrest River dealer has worked very hard to help us. They were the only dealer of 6 which I called that was willing to help us. Although they are not an RPod dealer, they have done much to help us. There has been a series of issues with the RPod which have greatly undermined my confidence in my camper. So far, our 6 month old camper has had considerable problems . Beginning with a defective tongue lift, we found ourselves with a heather that was so loud, we stopped using it and plugged in a stand alone. (Reported to be a piece of packing plastic inside the unit). We have experienced a water leak which flooded the rear storage compartment.(Break at the city water inlet). An A/C unit with a part missing that makes too much noise to use until the part comes in. (2 weeks in the shop so far). Blue caulk scattered on numerous portions of the black framing. Decals beginning peel in some places. This unit sold for $22 k before discount. The most a dealer will allow on trade is $9k. We are trapped in a camper that we have no faith in manufactured by a company we have no faith in and sold by a dealer we have no faith in. If I had a do over, I would have purchased something from a local dealer and it would not have been a Forrest River product.
- Randy Pollock, Texas

2021-04-06 2019 Forest River Cedar Creek Hathaway 34IK View Listings

We were so excited to buy our fifth wheel however about a year after we purchased it brand new we noticed water damage inside the cabin. We couldn’t find where it was leaking but to make a long story short it was a faulty valve under the a.c unit letting water in thru it so slowly that we didn’t notice it right away. We turned into our insurance and it was denied because it wasn’t an accident. So we did a claim with Forest River and they denied it because it was past warranty and they referred us to Dometic, the company who made the a.c unit and we found out we had one week left on that warranty. But they stated they weren’t responsible for cosmetic so they denied it. It’s sad you but a 100,000 fifth wheel and a year later you have severe water damage!!! It’s sad that a company doesn’t step up and do the right thing for their consumer but it’s all about the money not being loyal to your product. Very disappointed
- Sheila Dukes, Kentucky

2021-04-03 2019 Forest River Rockwood Geo Pro G19FBS View Listings

Bought ours used in 2019 and have used it seven times. We have not had one issue. Very happy with it. It was built pre-Covid so probably better quality! We are selling it though as we want an Airstream.
- Lucinda Peterson, North Carolina

2021-04-03 2018 Forest River Sandpiper 383RBLOK View Listings

Space is very well planned, high quality throughout, mechanics are excellent. Roomy and convenient. Counters are easy to maintain, faucet is handy. Storage is excellent throughout. Could use some handing space in 2nd bedroom.
- deana williams, Texas

2021-04-03 2017 Forest River Work and Play 30WCR View Listings

I am so disappointed in the quality and craftsmanship in the Work and Play camper by Forest River. HAVE NEW HEAVY DUTY TIRES AT LEAST PUT ON IMMEDIATELY, IF NOT RIMS AS WELL. (read below) Purchased as our supposedly last camper it will never hold up. Took on our first trip in April 2018, found a list of little things wrong with it mostly poor craftsmanship (door separating, CD player not working, drawers not working, ect.) Took it to a dealer in April stayed in repairs till September lost the whole summer and most of the warranty time plus there was damage to the camper look like a tree branch caught the corner of trim on the roof said to bring it back opt to fix it our self we had a trip plan for October. After the October trip, the awning was ripping and seem to be a leak in the kitchen area took it to a different dealer awaning was replaced in a timely manner under warranty, said caulked the roof to correct the leak. Ok not bad so far went on a trip in April 2019, the roof poured in the kitchen we are talking "buckets of water" coming in. Took it back to the dealer the AC was lose, this did damage to the cabinet doors non of it covered, decided to leave out side this time for a couple of rains it leaked again, back to dealer had to pay almost $900 to have air check there was leaks all over this camper. Headed out on another trip, Forest river should be ashamed of themselves, they had 10 ply tires on this heavy camper hauling motorcycles. This was a 200 mile trip each way, BLOW OUT going DOWN tore up the gray water hose and ANOTHER BLOW OUT COMING BACK. HAVE NEW TIRES PUT ON IMMEDIATELY. Yes, air was checked going and coming. I am so thankful no one was hurt and we had the good sense to find a tire store and get the tire replaced (16 ply) before we headed home. Now we are putting all new 16 ply tires plus spare and all on steel rims, the mag rims are toast. The paint is fading bad and the decals are rolling up and peeling off. Looks bad, hate to see it if it was not undercover. About to leave for a spring trip, see what happens this trip, fingers crossed. I don't know what to say if all campers are built this poorly and are not equipped with proper tires for the load. Just beware it is a lot of money to be in such bad shape so quickly.
- Felicia Seabolt, Georgia

2021-04-02 2019 Forest River Berkshire 39A View Listings

Berkshire 39A outpaces all their competitors in quality, reliability, luxury and safety. Owner of several Class A’s in the past the 39A has been a pleasure to own and would recommend this rig to anyone!
- Christopher French, Florida

2021-04-02 2017 Forest River Georgetown XL 364TS View Listings

Dependable, comfortable, enjoyable, and worth the money! Depending on what model you go with, you could select a beginner to advance models. I love mine and although I sold it through PopRVs (...and I highly recommend doing that) I would consider another in the future.
- Melissa, Michigan

2021-03-29 2020 Forest River Cherokee Wolf Pup 16PF View Listings

Great camper. Love the layout, the slider really adds room. Very easy to set up and seems to have all we need for the two of us. All appliances work great, plenty of cool air even in Florida. Love the automatic awning, very large and works great. Easy to tow and holds steady on the road. Came with terrible tires so replaced them. Has lovely sofa but we never use it, just keep bed in place. U shaped dinette is company friendly. Owned for a year and a half and only problem was with air conditioner and dealer replaced it free of charge. Great camper.
- Murray Reed, Florida

2021-03-29 2021 Forest River Salem Cruise Lite 273QBXL View Listings

We bought the camper brand new from the factory. The bunk room door had to be cut so it wouldn't rip the air vent off the ceiling. We had a torential rain and we found water in the camper that came from the slide out,which was in at the time. Pretty upset about the quality of the product for the money we paid for it. Haven't taken it out yet so here's hoping we don't have any more issues
- Chasity, Tennessee

2021-03-29 2020 Forest River Sandpiper 379FLOK View Listings

I am BEYOND appalled and extremely DISGUSTED that forest river would sell and yet again allow these piles of CRAP to be put on the road!! My daughter is a nurse / respiratory therapist. My son in law was doing very well in his profession. With the Covid outbreak my daughter was recruited by several hospitals across the nation to help circumvent the pandemic. They decided that he would put his career on hold temporarily so that she could do everything possible to help in this crisis. So they sold their house and bought this lovely RV to travel from state to state. The lovely Sandpiper forest river 5th wheel ended up being a very POLLUTED Nightmare !!! Let me explain... right now they are stranded in Apache Junction AZ. because after my son in law was flushing the black water tank in preparation to leave, the whole tank FELL off! Taking wires and everything else with it!! Now can you imagine what would have happened if they had been on a highway and this would or should I say it would’ve come off?!? People could’ve or would’ve died! SO my daughter cannot get to her next assignment and people could indirectly die because of this!!! They have had NOTHING but problems with this piece of s—t since they bought it. From leaky plumbing, cheap craftsmanship which results in breakdowns and I could go on and on! Plus you can absolutely COUNT ON the least amount of assistance and customer service possible!!!You HAVE been warned!!!! Buy one of these after reading this and it’s on YOU!!! And may God bless! Good luck! Also if you are driving down the highway and encounter an RV that has Sandpiper on it, GET AWAY from it ASAP!! These things should be banned from the road and actually should be condemned from human occupancy! Again you’ve been warned!! Another thing, if you value your life, buy tires GOOD tires ASAP! Even if it’s brand new because the the cheap ones don’t last. After only 4000 miles one blew out and damaged the side of that piece of ... well you know what. It should be illegal for them to be on the road! Oh plus I hear that there’s a recall on them. What does THAT tell you?!?! Should I say more? I should hope not!
- TJ Rennie, Missouri

2021-03-26 2019 Forest River FR3 32DS View Listings

We love this RV for the floor plan, new memory foam king sized bed. Loads of space and storage. We added front and rear stabilizer and anti sway bars, which really helped drive ability. All RVs should come with them but they don’t. Only 3000 miles, like brand new.
- Robin Anderson, Ohio

2021-03-24 2014 Forest River XLR Thunderbolt 380AMP View Listings

Too any interested with ongiong XLR ISSUES. Investage ask for compedent help.The answers are available. Too any interested with ongiong XLR ISSUES. Investage ask for compedent help.The answers are available.
- dburgessdon, Indiana

2021-03-24 2018 Forest River Rockwood Roo 19 View Listings

We have really enjoyed our camper. We were looking for something with an open feel and not so closed in. This camper is built very well throughout. In 4 years of ownership, we have had a small issue with a piece of trim outside. The beds have been super nice leaving lots of room for us inside. The tent ends are great, and even in Florida downpours, no issues. The 15K AC has been more than enough to keep the unit, and the tent ends cool even in summer. Our daughter absolutely loves sleeping in her own "tent" too. One nice thing we have enjoyed is the couch. Great to have a place to sit and visit or watch TV. With the large fresh water tank it hasn't been an issue if a park doesn't have water, we can easily make 3 days or more with the 43 gallon tank. Another thing that has been nice is having a large 7 cu foot fridge in unit. It's nice that Rockwood puts the Maxxair fans in their RV's. It's a perfect way to quickly cool off your camper, or get smoke from cooking exhausted outdoors. I cannot say enough about how well thought out this camper is, and the quality Rockwood has put into it.
- Jerry Stromer, Arkansas

2021-03-23 2020 Forest River Salem 27RE View Listings

Bought a brand new rv, great price, HORRIBLE RV. DO NOT BUY. So many problems after deliver. Stabilizer jacks blow the fuse when used. Fresh water is cracked leaks water. Flooring has ripples everywhere. Hot water heater was leaking. Window seal was falling off. Crack in shower on skylight. I can go On and on. NOW, Forest River will not do any of the warranty. I repeat, do not ever buy a Forest river, the CO'S vision that I read on their website is a joke. All that they care about is money. NO Customer Service.
- Alan R Iezek, Arizona

2021-03-23 2021 Forest River Flagstaff Micro Lite 25FBLS View Listings

WE sold a Jayco class C in July because we didn't want to tow a vehicle and we didn't like the east-west bed configuration.So we ordered our 25FBLS last summer and it arrived in February. We just took a 1450 mile trip to Florida for a week. We love everything about the camper, everything worked perfectly. We love the theatre seating and fireplace and TV. I installed a 32 inch TV in the bedroom on a swivel bracket and it works great. There is a large area of metal behind the wall in the mounting area. We have a factory installed solar panel, it keeps the battery charged really well. One word of caution, there is a shower miser located on the shower faucet. Make sure the handle points down or it will fill your fresh water tank and overflow. There is also plenty of storage both inside and out ( in the front) The wardrobe doors were awkward, you can't open one of the them unless you sit on the bed. I removed the left door hinges and placed two hinges between the doors so it folds back away from you making entry to wardrobe much easier. I really like the electric stabilizers, makes set up much easier. One nice feature is being able to control the slides, lights and awning from your phone. When you stand outside it's helps to make sure your slides and awning aren't going to hit anything. We couldn't be happier about the 25FBLS.
- Tom Marsh, Tennessee

2021-03-22 2017 Forest River Vibe 323QBS View Listings

Good trailer. Very functional and room for the whole family. Some of the parts seem to be a little on the cheap side, but for the price of the RV, they are OK. I would recommend this trailer to anyone with a large family or people who like to have room to spread out
- Jeremy, Arkansas

2021-03-20 2018 Forest River Sabre 30RLT View Listings

We have regretted buying this RV from the day we purchased it. First time out the trailer filled up with dust dust and more dust. Slide seal was missing from factory build. Had to show dealership where seal was missing as they couldn’t figure it out. We’ve had cabinets fall apart drawers slides loose from poor workmanship. Very crude building of this unit as there were all the wall cutouts and sawdust for wiring left laying behind. Holes were cut with an axe or chisel instead of a hole saw. Disgusting. Most appliances have failed and needed replaced. Microwave was thrown in a hole with four screws and not supported underneath. I wonder why it fell apart. After all this we only have a one year warranty for a $70,000 RV. All I can say is Buyer beware.
- Rod, Alberta

2021-03-20 2021 Forest river Cherokee Alpha Wolf 27RKL View Listings

WHATEVER you do, don't buy this garbage. I bought one in January, and its cheaply made. In transit from the dealership, the plastic piece to slide the bathroom/bedroom broke off first day. Then the microwave fuse blew after a month, not being used everyday. Then the plumbing under the sink leaks, and under the fridge in the main living area, leaks and puddles. It has damaged the wood, in all places that it leaked. I contacted the company about the fuse and plastic piece, was told that they might be able to ship the parts so I can repair myself, and over a month later, nothing. Overall the camper looks nice, but pretty much anything that can go wrong will go wrong. When I call the dealership, they tell me to call the maker, when I call the maker they tell me to call a dealership. When I ask about brining it in for repairs, they said they would have to keep it a week to diagnosis it. That would be fine if it was used for weekend camping. I live in mine since I travel often for my job. I would not recommend this company or their products at all.
- Brian Locklin, Alabama

2021-03-19 2019 Forest River Cedar Creek Hathaway 34IK View Listings

We loved our 5th wheel for the one summer trip we used it when we went to Michigan. We were gone for 5 months. There is plenty of room for living in it for several months at a time. We loved the rear living room and used the fireplace quite often and even enjoyed the comfort of the bed and size of the slide outs giving us an enormous amount of space. It is very roomy and perfect for my wife and I and of course our cat. It pulls like a dream behind my 3/4 ton Chevy pickup. We love the big bathroom and the double vanity. The shower is very roomy making it easy to take a shower. The instant heat for the shower is amazing! There is a lot of storage. Which helps when you are living in it for a long period of time. Overall we are very happy with the trailer!
- Dave, Arizona

2021-03-19 2020 Forest River Cedar Creek Champagne 38EFK View Listings

Unit is less than 2 years old, absolutely love this rig until 2 weeks ago when I discovered that the floors on the bottom of the slide outs are all delaminating and coming apart. Factory declined to warranty, now dealing with our dealer. NO LONGER FEEL WE COULD RECOMMEND THIS PRODUCT TO ANYONE
- Denny, Arizona

2021-03-17 2016 Forest River Salem 27RLSS View Listings

We purchased this RV new off the lot and camped with it 3 to 4 times a year and loved the way it pulled along with the space inside with the big slide out. The remote control is what I like the best because I can stand on any side of the RV and lower the stabilizers, put the awning in or out and open or close the slide-out at the touch of a button. This has been a really good camper for us but now it is time to upgrade.
- Jim Driggers, Kansas

2021-03-16 2021 Forest River Salem Hemisphere 308RL View Listings

We purchased this Forest River Salem Hemisphere in December 2020. It took a while to get it due to economic situation, that was understandable, and we received it in January 2021. When delivered to us a fender skirt had cracks around the fasteners due to no support pieces installed. The trim pieces are coming loose, a valance come off the wall and the shower is busting up making it unusable, crushed heating duct in the island, a hole in a slide out material causing roof to require replacing, and a window busted out presumably in transit. For the above reasons, we are very unhappy with this RV and extremely disappointed in the craftsmanship or lack thereof. Forest River should be ashamed of this RV and their craftsmanship.
- Pam Landrum, Oklahoma

2021-03-15 2018 Forest River Salem 26TBUD View Listings

The camper has more space than expected. The slide that includes the dinette and sofa makes the space expanded. The overall quality is not top notch but, you get what you pay for. For the money, this camper has great value. Any slide is going to make the camper heavier so the trade off is to use lighter weight material wherever possible. The kitchen faucet was of lower quality and very lightweight so it leaked and we replaced it with a nicer Moen household model. The holding tanks seemed small. We would empty the gray water about 3 to 4 times over a weekend trip. The floorplan is wide open and there is plenty of room for several people to move around and be comfortable. We feel like there could be more storage/cabinet space. We have not had to use all of the triple bunks so we have been able to utilize that area for extra storage. We have towed it with a 6 cylinder F150 and an 8 cylinder Tundra without any problems. The fuel mileage is not the best but that is expected. We did not like the options of dealers in our area so we bought from a dealer about 3 hours away. Any factory or warranty work has been done there. The work was very good but it was a long way to go and took about a month to complete. Overall this is has been a great mid level option with great value and livability.
- Everett, Alabama

2021-03-14 2017 Forest River Rockwood 8329SS View Listings

Love this trailer! If I didn't a Stroke I would not sell it.Too much trailer for me at age wit the stroke. I had no problems with the trailer, low miles, look good, its in great shape, fire place, 2 TVs.
- Charles Goodhue, California

2021-03-14 2021 Forest river Cherokee Alpha Wolf 27RKL View Listings

I have had my camper about 2 months. So far the refrigerator leaks and is ruining the wood near the base of the fridge, the fuse blew out for the microwave and the plastic piece for the sliding door bed to bath broke off during transit. Good luck getting help from manufacturers or sales people, do yourself a favor get something else.
- Brian locklin, Alabama