Forest River Reviews on RV Insider (1,473)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Forest River RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Randy Pollock from Texas says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Forest River R-Pod RP-178 View Listings

After much research, we decided to purchase a 2017 Rpod 179 from a dealer in Mesquite, Texas. Although the dealer is approximately 300 miles from our home in San Antonio, we felt confident that the combined quality of the traler and the assurance that we "could take it to any Forrest River dealer for service"', we would be safe. (There is no Rpod dealer within a 100 miles of where we live). The first time we had a problem with the electric tongue lift not working, we found that "any Forrest River dealer" for repairs was true. In fact, even with with Forrest River's help, we were left with called Ngo numerous dealers only to say no and offer no assistance. Fortunately, I did find an area Forrest River dealer has worked very hard to help us. They were the only dealer of 6 which I called that was willing to help us. Although they are not an RPod dealer, they have done much to help us. There has been a series of issues with the RPod which have greatly undermined my confidence in my camper. So far, our 6 month old camper has had considerable problems . Beginning with a defective tongue lift, we found ourselves with a heather that was so loud, we stopped using it and plugged in a stand alone. (Reported to be a piece of packing plastic inside the unit). We have experienced a water leak which flooded the rear storage compartment.(Break at the city water inlet). An A/C unit with a part missing that makes too much noise to use until the part comes in. (2 weeks in the shop so far). Blue caulk scattered on numerous portions of the black framing. Decals beginning peel in some places. This unit sold for $22 k before discount. The most a dealer will allow on trade is $9k. We are trapped in a camper that we have no faith in manufactured by a company we have no faith in and sold by a dealer we have no faith in. If I had a do over, I would have purchased something from a local dealer and it would not have been a Forrest River product.
- Randy Pollock, Texas

2020-03-24 2019 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 23DBH View Listings

Biggest mistake ever buying from Forrest River. I have only been able to use my camper 2 times and have had nothing but problems. I have had it in the local shop where I bought it 5 time to fix electrical problems ,cabinets falling apart and water damage to the underneath. The local dealer fixed all they could to get me back up and going but Forrest River would have to fix the rest because they didn't have the right equipment and there was black mold. The dealer recommended that I don’t use the camper with the condition it was in. So I get in contact with Forrest River and they tell me it will be 2 months before they can pick it up. 2 months comes around and no calls or nobody to pick it up. So I get in contact with warranty department and they forgot to schedule me for pick up and said it would be another month before they could pick it up and said I should be fine to use it with the black mold in it. It has now been at Forrest River for 4 months and they were suppose to keep me updated thru email every Tuesday on how things are going and have done that only twice. I encourage everyone to not buy Forrest River they have no quality and don’t stand behind there word. Scam operation
- Cole hoffman, Kentucky

2020-03-22 2014 Forest River Wildwood Heritage Glen Hyper-Lyte 312QBUD View Listings

Has been a great camper. Never any issues. Very functional. Plenty of room. Great looking. Can't wait for it to warm up! Bunks in the rear. Nice kitchen, outside kitchen and grill is phenomenal. Very clean layout.
- brettbrandau, Delaware

2020-03-21 2016 Forest River Sunseeker 2650CDWS View Listings

This motorhome has an excellent and spacious layout, even when the slide is closed it is completely liveable and comfortable with loads of space. Highly recommended for long stays or for families to enjoy. The length allows you to go anywhere!
- Bridgette Lens, British Columbia

2020-03-21 2008 Forest River Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8284SS View Listings

We’ve owned our camper for 10 years & it still looks and performs as well as the first day we bought it. As an allergy sufferer, I am very impressed with the quality of materials, insulation, windows, and long-term dryness that has been maintained. We couldn’t be happier and have many wonderful memories. Thank you!
- Pati Hoyt, Maryland

2020-03-20 2018 Forest River XLR Nitro 29DK5 View Listings

Love camping with this toy hauler. Easy to bring 2 motorcycles, scooters, or a 4 wheeler with on short or long trips. Love the back deck with side rails - backing up to a lake or river. Nice bedroom with slide out. Plenty of storage areas.
- Jean J., Wisconsin

2020-03-18 2014 Forest River Rockwood Ultra Lite 2608WS View Listings

Huge front kitchen/living room area with rear bedroom. Well taken care of unit. Ton of storage inside and out. Inside is like new. Tows great with 1/2 ton F-150. Don't use often enough to warrant keeping.
- Brian Brown, Missouri

2020-03-17 2012 Forest River Rockwood Ultra Lite 2604 View Listings

Love this Travel Trailer. It has been trouble free since we owned it. The travel trailer is very light and I'm able to pull it with my 1/2 ton pick up. The unit is made of high quality materials. We are really happy with our purchase.
- Jeff Quinn, Florida

2020-03-16 2018 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 17BHSE View Listings

Bought our travel trailer in Fall 2017. Cannot begin to tell you how much we have enjoyed it. Fantastic dealership here in Michigan. We take many of our young grandchildren camping and everything works fantastic! Our only regret is that we didn't buy one sooner!
- Wrayjean Peck, Michigan

2020-03-15 2017 Forest River Salem Cruise Lite 241QBXL View Listings

WE WANTED A TRAVEL TRAILER THAT HAS LOTS OF WALK-AROUND SPACE WITHOUT THE EXPENSE OF A SLIDE. ALSO, A BATHROOM THE FULL WIDTH OF THE TRAILER WITH SLIDING GLASS DOORS INSTEAD OF A CURTAIN. A COMFORTABLE FOLD-OUT COUCH WAS ALSO A "MUST." THE POWER LEVELING JACKS ARE A GREAT ACCESSORY. THIS TRAILER AT ONLY 4,135 POUNDS MET ALL OUR REQUIREMENTS.
- jimcoggins2001, Oklahoma

2020-03-15 2017 Forest River Surveyor 247BHDS View Listings

I've owned this camper since I bought it brand new in 2017... truly no other camper on the market that provides so many amenities in such a small package! My family of 4 loves every single inch of it and if you think you won't use each and every little seemingly inconsequential feature, you'll love it all! From the double slide with kitchen island, to the outdoor kitchen, the outdoor shower, the second entry door in the bathroom, the bathtub, everything! This camper packs your whole wish list into one perfect package and I am so lucky to own this perfect model! More than highly recommended!!!
- Erin , Michigan

2020-03-15 2019 Forest River R-Pod RP-190 View Listings

There is nothing that hasn’t fallen off including outside light fixtures, thermostat, smoke detector, walls. The seating is so cheap and uncomfortable . No storage and the pullout has to be out to go to the bathroom. We wasted our money. Don’t enjoy it at all. A lot of people have ask us about it and we tell them it’s a big waste of money. Cheap! When we buy another one we will do our homework and it WON’T be a Forest River!
- Jean Martin, Massachusetts

2020-03-14 2013 Forest River Flagstaff V-Lite 28WRBS View Listings

We thoroughly enjoyed this RV - the unit came with everything I wanted, and many extras.Towing was a snap with my Ford F-150 and Blu-Ox hitch. All appliances worked perfectly - air and heat was great.Comfort was exceptional,and storage more than adequate. The unit,although 7 years old,is still in perfect shape - exterior and graphics still 100%.Only change we made was to replace tires last fall - old 6 ply's were showing age -so now NEW 10 ply should last a long time. As you can see, this trailer was a great buy - we are sad, but can no longer camp due to physical limitations - otherwise, we would still be very much using it. Flagstaff built a great unit - with NO need for any warranty claims in 7 years ! It will be missed.
- James Wilson, New Jersey

2020-03-12 2019 Forest River Cedar Creek Hathaway 38CK2 View Listings

We bought the 2019 Cedar Creek Hathaway new from Lazy Days in Tampa in October of 2018 and we are full-timers. The quality of construction, livability, amenities and towing are everything you could ask for. The disappointment in this experience has been the number of problems we have had with all the accessories and difficulty in reaching somebody in the warranty dept. at Forrest River. Fortunately for us we had purchased the USA Travel Care 5 year warranty and they have been right on. A list of problems: awning motor froze, dishwasher stopped working, door latch on clothes washer broke, the left refrigerator door's swing latch stopped latching, the fireplace heater burnt out, the microwave burnt out - these problems occurred within the first year. I understand there are usually problems with new units but isn't this a little much? There was a punch list of minor things after our walk thru but Lazy Days took care of those.
- Eric Putnam, Florida

2020-03-12 2020 Forest River Cherokee Wolf Pack 25PACK12 View Listings

I was looking for an affordable Toy Hauler with an enclosed 12' garage, bathroom easily assessable for all, bumper pull, not a 5th wheel, private bedroom, at least 1 slide......this 25Pack12+ had it all plus many more amenities. I installed the rear camera, added more led strip driving/brake lights, 4ky generator, large wolf head decals, Alfa Wolf! Camped all over Florida, campgrounds & state parks, love the patio/tailgate. We are planning our 1st long haul across county this summer, 5000 miles. The only issue I have had is with the fireplace, would stop working. It was in the shop a few times addressing this issue, only to discover this is normal. The fireplace and the hot water tank cannot be on at the same time with our 30 amp service.... The only con I found is the Fridge is only 110 volt, not propane or 12 volt, need to have generator running to keep cold in between camp areas. Pulls great with my Ford F350 dually.....
- Kenny, Florida

2020-03-11 2015 Forest River Salem 30QBSS View Listings

We loved the floor plan. Worked well for our family, however, we have had nothing but trouble with it since pulling it off the lot! The quality is very poor. Three months after purchase, awning lights had to be replaced, had multiple water leaks because of the shoddy plumbing work. Second time sent in for repairs because the microwave was coming out: cause - loose screws, electircl plug plates were coming off too. Main issue we still have is electrical that causes problems with the ac as well as shorting out fuses. Wouldn't recommend this camper to anyone! Terrible purchase.
- Danell Sebek, Texas

2020-03-11 2020 Forest River Forester 3011DS View Listings

We purchased the motor home new.2020 3011DS Forester.The paint scheme is awesome not cheap stickers and outside storage is more than any other rv we’ve had so much that we won’t be using all of it and that’s saying a lot for us. PRO’S: The inside also is loaded with storage with all the bells and whistles but still simple with a big open floor plan even with the slides in. Bathroom And shower are so so average for a class c. Kitchen counter is huge with lots of prep area and space for small appliances with a big double sink and flex faucet. No Carpet anywhere 👍. Plenty of LED lighting. V-10 engine has tons of power. Run Royal Purple synthetic oil for trouble free miles!! CONS: exterior gutters in front pour water right over the doors when it’s raining. You get soaked getting in and out and the interior of the doors get soaked also bad design! The poop pipe and city water are right together compact design and easy to get to I just don’t like it. Water filter is located on the other side in the back of a cabinet along with the pump,drain valve and winterize stuff again compact design but alittle hard to access. The inside shower is very small like all c’s. All of the new technology is awesome but time consuming to get set up. All in all it’s a great RV best we’ve ever had. The bilstein suspension is a must it drives like a car. This motorhome is leaps and bounds better than the 2018 Thor class C that was broken down more than it ran with every issue inside and out you could imagine beware!
- Barry Claud , Tennessee

2020-03-09 2020 Forest River Sandpiper 379FLOK View Listings

First thing is the absence of an owners manual. I call to inquire about a owners manual and was told just get it on line very rude. I went on line and what's there is for older units nothing for new campers. Next the problems I've found is poor quality control in the factory like crushed duct work,weather stripping not installed, molding felling off and the laminate lifting off the floor. I found these thing's before I even used this trailer. The 5th wheel is New never used and I have all these problems customer service said that's why there is a warranty. I guess to hell with quality and customer service.
- Michael Banaszak, Michigan

2020-03-08 2020 Forest River Rockwood Ultra Lite 2606WS View Listings

It’s a GREAT trailer! I looked for a long time and the quality build on this one sold me. Aluminum framing and walls, rows real nice has a ton of room when opened up and I fit in the shower (I’m 6’3”). It’s a great trailer but now my wife wants a toy hauler 😑
- Dale, California

2020-03-08 2018 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 26DBH View Listings

I have some comments about the Forest River Grey Wolf Limited ...I bought a Grey Wolf Limited new in 2018.(As A matter of fact, I ended up buying two identical Grey Wolf Limited travel trailers - another story for another time). We selected the Forest River Grey Wolf Limited because of all of the features that were standard - not optional add-ons ... Now I have read some of the comments others have said, and I must say I have everything good to say about the Grey Wolf Limited ... Now, I understand that from time to time there may be issues with most everything you buy ... and when it comes to a big purchase like an RV Travel Trailer, I am especially aware of any possible things that may need attention. ... However, when there are things that may need attention, I have learned that it is the DEALER THAT IS THE KEY to customer satisfaction. ... The Dealer is the one that is responsible for the final preparation prior to delivery ... AND ... it is the DEALER that is responsible for any and all maintenance and repairs that may be required and if any / all maintenance / repairs / warranty work is performed in a sub-standard way, then it is the DEALER that is responsible - and it is the DEALER that is the one to be criticized ... The Manufacturer produces a product that conforms to required manufacturing specifications and it is in the best interest of the manufacturer to use the best materials available and to assemble the Travel Trailer with top quality procedures. ... Everything from the fit and finish of the outside and inside materials to the serviceability of various components ... There are specific maintenance items that are necessary to be performed on an annual basis to maintain the quality and usability of the travel trailer. ... Things such as caulking seals with the correct materials, clean/polish the exterior, etc. ... Oh, and by the way, it is not my intention to have this read or sound like a commercial for Forest River Travel Trailers --- I have no affiliation or connection to the manufacturer or to any dealer ... (And I perform all of the maintenance on my own travel trailer) ... .. I am someone who has had good experiences with the Grey Wolf Limited series travel trailer and feels the public should know that the possible issues that are posted on this site or on other sites are likely a rare event when compared to the number of Grey Wolf travel trailers in use today. ... Again, it is the DEALER who is responsible for the correction of any issues. ... My only purpose and intention is to give confidence to any purchaser(s) based on my experience with owning two Grey Wolf Limited travel trailers. ... Now, let's move on to the features of the Grey Wolf Limited ... Outside features: 32' overall length - makes it easy to tow down the road - I have a Ford Econoline - factory pre-wired for a back-up camera - electric tongue jack - rear fold-down rack for spare tire and to store accessories - power slide-out / power awning - large storage areas front and back - easy utilities hook-ups - 30 amp electrical - makes it convenient to hook-up to most campsites or to use a small generator if you choose ... Air Conditioner/heat unit is thermostatically controlled - way more than sufficient to cool the interior, even in the Florida sun ... exterior lighting - exterior sound system - fold down steps - screen doors on both entries - On the interior there is room for ten people to sleep, although six will sleep more comfortably - big queen size front bedroom - double rear bunks, sleep two people each - Blue tooth / electronic charging ports - Big pantry - LED lighting - and a whole lot more features ... Anyway, take this posting for what it is worth, in my personal experience, the Grey Wolf Limited travel trailer is worth every dollar of its value. ... And I will buy another one when the time comes ...
- Brian M Sullivan - Florida, Florida

2020-03-08 2018 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 19RR View Listings

We purchased our 2018FR grey wolf 19RR new. After the first trip out, 5 weeks, the camper was back at the dealership for over a month. Fresh water tank replaced(it was cracked), black tank was sagging so much it wouldn't drain(replaced and put strap on it). replaced both outside speakers. Steps had to be replaced(reavits) were coming out). After all that was repaired we really enjoyed it for the next few trips. Storage is good. Heat and air is great. Reception for stereo and TV was exellent(other campers have been a problem)We always use a fan in the bedroom as in most campers, it is needed. I believed the kitchen countertop was solid surface or at least top layer was solid. I was wrong!!!I noticed on the curved part right above stainless steel sink was bubbled up, after looking closer, it appeared torn..small tears, then a couple other places bubbled up. I purchased a marine epoxy product to coat those places until I could contact FR. We just returned home so tomorrow I will call, hopefully they will replace this countertop. Our motorcycle fit in this camper and road well. Oh the stove top is another problem . Other than my skillet, all other pots fall over, bad design flaw! Not enough metal support! Thinking maybe we got a lemon but with a few more replacement parts...lol...it will be cherry!
- Joy, Missouri

2020-03-07 2018 Forest River Salem Cruise Lite 201BHXL View Listings

This is my second camper and I wish I had shopped around a bit more. The design of where the fridge is at wont allow you to open the fridge door far enough to remove the shelves for cleaning or for a different location. The manufacturer wont do anything to remedy this either. No ladder to access top bunk. Fridge is 12 volt only and it isn’t secured in place. A bumpy road has it bouncing around. Fit and finish isn’t the best. On the positive side is the lighted power awning, interior lighting is excellent. Stereo is loud inside and out. It pulls like a dream. 2 lp tanks is a nice touch. The added insulation let us use it in deer season and only use one lp tank with keeping the temp at 65 inside. I’d shop around more before I’d recommend this unit.
- Unhappy owner, Michigan

2020-03-05 2018 Forest River Wildcat 383MB View Listings

Bought this camper and dealer had it all open for us to see and review.it was 6degrees outside. Got it home and used it at Easter, big slide was broke, took to a deAler, repaired in a week, but a bubble was noticed on side of unit, so had it fixed, then another slide broke at dealer, took FR 6 weeks to get decal to fix bubble. Got back all good. Took to Tenn for a week no issues. Snowbirded in Florida and the electric circuit board for hot water broke, easy fix under warranty.then a wAter leak in bedroom, come to find out the washer dryer was leaking, another easy fox, also put in cut off valves in front trunk. The water value on toilet also broke 2 months in, easy fix, lucky I had a extra. I also think the heat and a/ducting sucks, the temperature is all over the place, put on a couple of registar with dampers, seemed to help,this rv has a mid bunk. We took out did a and put in full bed for mother in law. So much easier. The outside send fine, the interior is good so for. The faucet in bathroom did exloped one day, after putting in cut offs for W/D, it was air hammer and it just blew apart, easy fix, put in residential faucet, 10 minute fix. The frig,microwave and radios work fine. There a few things I will look for on next living in rv. Better insulation, dual pane windows, roller type shades, extended kitchen table, better duct work to even out temperatures. Overall is a good fifth wheel. Would buy again, if not snow birding. Will go higher end next.its those little things that make it better to live in. Carpet is ok, but hard surface is easier to clean and mop. The insulation is not bad in this camper, i have compared to some 2020 higher ends,redwood riverstone, solitude, but every 4 or 5 days of cold weather and your out getting 30pounds if propane, and wildcat has choose to make it difficult to take out this tanks, they are just strapped in , no sliders .
- Jeff jones, Florida

2020-03-05 2019 Forest River Rockwood Geo Pro G16BH View Listings

This camper was small enough to pull with a small truck or SUV but big enough to camp (glamp) out of. We like being outdoors more than we like being indoors and that is exactly why we love this camper. We basically used the bathroom of the camper and slept in the camper. We did not cook indoors with this camper although you could with the stove and microwave. It has an outdoor refrigerator and a shelf for outdoor cooking. Like I mentioned, we love being outdoors, but we are not tent campers. I love the full length automatic awning. We liked to use the outdoor shower hose (it has hot and cold water) to hose off if we needed to after our hikes.
- Joe Saltsman, Kentucky

2020-03-04 2018 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 26DBBH View Listings

This Travel Trailer is ideal for the family who likes to travel down the road or even wants to stay in one spot for awhile. ... It is easy to pull and to park and set up. A"heavy half" ton pickup or SUV can easily tow the Travel Trailer to just about any where you can travel to. This Travel Trailer is equipped with most everything you need - it even has the leveling blocks, extra power cords and waste lines --- It is equipped with 30 ampere electric hook-up so it can go into most any campground - or - you can use a 30 amp generator to keep things cool (or warm)with the Air Conditioner / Heat unit that has the ducts in the ceiling. The power tongue jack makes it easy to connect. Also it is wired for a back-up camera to simplify backing up the Travel Trailer ... and to easily see who is behind you when traveling down the road. There is a fold down "rack" at the rear of the Travel Trailer that holds the spare tire --- and can hold the generator, bikes, or other accessories you may bring along. Your Travel Trailer even has bed linens, dishes, silverware, pots and pans, coffeepot, toaster and other accessories for your convenience .... there is even a flat iron for when the occasion calls for "duded up" clothes. The rear double bunks allow for two adults or four kids to sleep. The front queen bed is easy to access and also there are closets on either side of the queen bed. The front bedroom has two sliding doors for privacy. The pullout sofa can sleep one or two adults. The Dinette table can convert to a double bed to sleep two more people. There are two skylights, an exhaust fan in the bathroom, and all lighting is LED for brightness and to save on cooling and energy savings. The selling price is below the NADA price value and there is financing available if you want it. All in all, this Travel Trailer is available and"Ready to Go" ....
- Brian M Sullivan, Florida