Forest River R-Pod

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Forest River R-Pod RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Randy Pollock from Texas says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Forest River R-Pod RP-178 View Listings

After much research, we decided to purchase a 2017 Rpod 179 from a dealer in Mesquite, Texas. Although the dealer is approximately 300 miles from our home in San Antonio, we felt confident that the combined quality of the traler and the assurance that we "could take it to any Forrest River dealer for service"', we would be safe. (There is no Rpod dealer within a 100 miles of where we live). The first time we had a problem with the electric tongue lift not working, we found that "any Forrest River dealer" for repairs was true. In fact, even with with Forrest River's help, we were left with called Ngo numerous dealers only to say no and offer no assistance. Fortunately, I did find an area Forrest River dealer has worked very hard to help us. They were the only dealer of 6 which I called that was willing to help us. Although they are not an RPod dealer, they have done much to help us. There has been a series of issues with the RPod which have greatly undermined my confidence in my camper. So far, our 6 month old camper has had considerable problems . Beginning with a defective tongue lift, we found ourselves with a heather that was so loud, we stopped using it and plugged in a stand alone. (Reported to be a piece of packing plastic inside the unit). We have experienced a water leak which flooded the rear storage compartment.(Break at the city water inlet). An A/C unit with a part missing that makes too much noise to use until the part comes in. (2 weeks in the shop so far). Blue caulk scattered on numerous portions of the black framing. Decals beginning peel in some places. This unit sold for $22 k before discount. The most a dealer will allow on trade is $9k. We are trapped in a camper that we have no faith in manufactured by a company we have no faith in and sold by a dealer we have no faith in. If I had a do over, I would have purchased something from a local dealer and it would not have been a Forrest River product.
- Randy Pollock, Texas

2021-09-20 2016 Forest River R-Pod RP-178 View Listings

RPod 178 has been ideal for 2 of us. When we travel with friends we use the dinette. On long trips we set up both queen beds. We tow with an old 4Runner. RPod is small enough to fit into national forest sites and large enough to go into KOAs with the big RVs. We’re happy campers with 178. Only downside is crawling over on bed.
- Jean Kerins, California

2021-08-22 2018 Forest River R-Pod RP-180 View Listings

This Rpod was our first experience with a Travel Trailer. Overall the documentation and orientation provided by the dealer was outstanding. The Forest River owners group has been a great source for quick answers as we learned about our new toy. I created a checklist that makes setting up at camp and breaking down for the road a snap. It's been the right size trailer for the two of us. Our Rpod has all the amenities of the larger trailers without the big price tag. Very happy with purchase.
- Chris Martinez, Arizona

2021-08-10 2019 Forest River R-Pod RP-190 View Listings

Sorry to say we purchased a brand new R-Pod 190 from Forest River and never had the chance to really use it. Took it camping for 2 weekends and it went up in flames. Turns out that there were some electrical problems Some wires were installed incorrectly. Forrest River did not stand behind their product. Wish I had read all of the reviews on the forest river Good thing for us we were not camping when it went up in flames
- Tony Browne, Florida

2021-07-26 2019 Forest River R-Pod RP-182G View Listings

Was falling appart when i took delivery of it.Now the roof leaks,used the cheapest sealent they could find.Didnt come with the outsise shower as advertised.Had to buy that and find who made it on my own.If I see Anather rv with forest river on it I will run not walk away.
- Michael Duvall, Pennsylvania

2021-07-05 2018 Forest River R-Pod RP-180 View Listings

Terrible quality all the way around and a refrigerator that is a complete waste of space. Lights installed crooked, ac shroud cracked and blew off and fender screws that fell off. Great concept but zero concern for the customer. Unfortunately it’s the only one on the market. Will not repurchase
- D Horton, California

2021-07-03 2020 Forest River R-Pod RP-195 View Listings

It tows well and the basic layout is nice but the build quality is terrible. It’s disappointing to constantly repair and replace things that weren’t put together correctly to begin with. Parts have fallen off because they weren’t screwed on properly. Then there is the refrigerator which simply doesn’t work. I’ve never been able to use it. Keeps things a few degrees below room temp even trying all the tricks from the message boards. It’s my first trailer so maybe they’re all poor quality but I will never purchase another RPod even though it’s cute and well designed. Out of principle I won’t support a company that cuts corners. Tried to get the refrigerator fixed the first month and the company refused. I’ll pay extra and get an Airstream next time.
- D Horton, California

2021-06-19 2017 Forest River R-Pod RP-178 View Listings

Very dissatisfied falling apart very poor craftsmen ship I have had to do many things with this trailer since I have had it paid alot of money totally not worth it they do not make sure there product is put out properly period...I bought a platinum warranty an DC they have every excuse in the world to not warranty shit!!! I am about ready to sue there asses
- Jonna Kingston, Idaho

2021-06-14 2021 Forest River R-Pod RP-171 View Listings

Purchased January 2021. Have made 4 trips and total of 1000 miles. Had a few small issues - wires pulled loose on an outlet and water pump - easy fixes. Found a few loose screws. All found before first trip. Seems like typical stuff talking to other RV owners. Added a 2” foam topper to the mattress right away. Made a huge difference in comfort. Like the simplicity of the R-Pod 171. Black and Grey dump tubes have double hangers - don’t expect problems like older models. Love the built-in vacuum and deep kitchen sink. Lots of storage under the bed and dinette seats. Added an exterior gas grill that connects to the provided LP quick disconnect. Tows great behind my front wheel drive Mazda CX-9 with a weight distribution hitch. Lots of great tips , accessories and modifications posted on internet by R-pod owners.
- Steve, Indiana

2021-05-27 2015 Forest River R-Pod RP-179 View Listings

This is a great little camper I towed it with a 16 Toyota Tacoma and a 2020 4runner. 3 times cross country put at least 40K on it slept in it 300 nights over 5 years. A tree fell on the roof, no really bad damage, the floor sloped bit under the large slide out, so I had some gussets welded on and it brought it back up. Had a slight roof leak, that I stopped, ruined a little of the ceiling. Both black and grey tank pipe hangers failed on the road had to bungee and fix them. the converter fried but that probably was my fault because I left a growler of beer to freeze and explode and evaporate in the bottom of the pantry. Other than that the thing was a pretty good little investment so much so I bought 2021 195. Join a Rpod message board listen to the owners anticipate the flaws and enjoy being on the road. its all about the adventure anyhow. Campers are made to be cheap and light so do some mods keep up with the silicone and maintenance and rock on.
- Peter Campbell, New Hampshire

2021-05-20 2020 Forest River R-Pod RP-195 View Listings

We bought a 2019 R-pod 191 from relatives who bought it new and used it 4 times last summer. The sewer pipe hanger broke.Fotunately a motorist stopped us to tell us we were dragging a the pipe. This happened on Interstate 70 and I had to tie the pipe up on the side of an interstate. Terrifying? Yes. But the first rule of trailer ownership is not drag your sewer pipe on the interstate espeally on the down slope of the Rockes.
- Billy Swank, California

2021-05-18 2016 Forest River R-Pod RP-180 View Listings

I have lived in my r-pod for 5 years now the roof has never leaked it has been outside the whole time I did have to replace the controller I have had the roof sealed once some things like drawers have had to be fixed and blinds have to be fixed.
- Ken blume, California

2021-04-28 2021 Forest River R-Pod RP-190 View Listings

We have been out in our Rpod three times since buying it. Each time, something else goes wrong. Trip 1: the bed already has a divet (after only 4 nights of sleeping in the bed)the trim on the kitchen seats fell off, and the vanity is coming off the wall in the bathroom. Trip 2: a fluttering noise coming from behind a vent- covering it up doesn't work (sounds like a mouse on a motorcycle), kitchen sink drips. Trip 3: hose under the kitchen sink has a permanent kink (shoddy workmanship), the sink is leaking all over the electrial under the sink and not going down the hose. We like the easy towing, the layout of the trailer, the looks. We are just so disappointed in the manufactures quality control. We are on a waiting list for warranty work- two months out!
- Cassie Guerrero Hill, Utah

2021-04-10 2018 Forest River R-Pod RP-178 View Listings

Bought our used a yr ago. Have put over 8000 miles on and some rough miles getting into some beautiful camping spots and have had no issues . Love the ground clearance can go anywhere . Looking at getting a new one once they are made. Behind cause of covid . Moving up to 196 to have the bed the other way, getting to old to climb over lol
- Kacee elliott, Arizona

2021-03-05 2019 Forest River R-Pod RP-189 View Listings

My first travel trailer. Bought New . Had complete dealer walk through, including winterizing , and hitching up. which I video taped on my phone. That in itself was worth purchasing new. I have had a few problems that I caused myself, such as battery ran down due to my own error the first year. Replaced with an AGM battery. Valances fell off , but used plastic wood and longer screws to repair it myself. My confidence with towing and backing in a site has increased tremendously. I faithfully follow the recommendations for roof maintenance, and use Dicor self leveling caulking on all penetrations, including known trouble areas. I tow with a Ford Explorer with class III towing set up and 5000# tow rating. After two years, and 3000 miles, I had new brakes installed.. The seals had failed on one side, contaminating the brake linings. That was less than $500 for both brake assemblies. This is a great trailer for towing, and backing in state and National Park campgrounds, which tend to be smaller. Although I bought the extended warranty, I have not had an issue that is covered. I would love to get a 196 model some day to have a bigger kitchen and the longer sofa, but keep reading complaints about other models and their issues. Being on the rpod owner Facebook site really helped me the first year I owned my trailer. For a small trailer , it has everything I need for comfort, as I camp mostly without hookups. Use a generator when needed to charge the battery. Easy to maintain with u tube videos and a little effort. Great for one or two people. Not great for people who need to bring a lot of stuff. Just FYI, I traveled in a Class A for 4 years with a partner who was a great mechanic and maintained it extremely well. We had several breakdowns, and they were serious. So many things can go wrong with the best rvs. I also tent camped for most of my life until I bought this trailer. Both experiences were helpful as a novice trailer owner.
- Susan, Washington

2021-01-09 2019 Forest River R-Pod RP-179 View Listings

Loved the design and colors nice floor plan light weight easy tow, I have tow this camper about 1,000 miles added a equalizer stablizer hitch that comes with this camper, ice cold air conditioner great furnace very durable camper
- David L Smith, Florida

2021-01-02 2018 Forest River R-Pod RP-180 View Listings

so far, we have not had any issues...maybe a couple of workmanship observations but i have not point of reference for better or worse rv's....i've found it fun to add improvements and storage spots/ideas, so that's not an problem... so far, no leaks but i'll be looking out after have read some of the reviews. the main reason we chose this model is the towability...we did the 34' fifth wheel experience in alaska and that was NOT our scene whatsoever! besides, the camping for us is about being outdoors...no need for all that space.... we did not buy new....we bought a used one and i imagine they may have dealt with any such problems....but i don't know... overall, we love our little 'hippiePODamus'! i might order an rv queen mattress though.....back to google for the improvements! 4 star for the factory support because i haven't had to test them and i'd hate to give a low rating without cause.
- michele van g, Florida

2020-11-29 2020 Forest River R-Pod RP-179 View Listings

What a mess left over construction everywhere at least 2 leaks so many blemishes i wish I never bought it. Nothing was fully secured for example the blind assembly above the bed not to mention was about to fall off. I would advise not to buy form here they half ass the job and don't care for safety. The leaks were directly on the wiring and shorted the whole camper all the time.
- Chad brewer, Arizona

2020-10-27 2016 Forest River R-Pod RP-179 View Listings

We downsized to this model having chosen it over a few competitors, notable the Little Guy and the Lance 1685. They all have similar very compact floor designs. What won it for the R-Pod was the Kitchen at the back with lots of counter space. Largest we found. Also a slide out with a sofa style dinette uses the space very efficiently. It is small enough, and short enough, that with a dolly I can push it around the drive (385 lb. tongue weight). It weighs less than the truck. All this with no real sacrifice in livability. There are a couple things I would have wished for though, like a second outside storage area for the sewer hose, and a shelf above the bed. The latter easy enough to add. The former using a vinyl fencepost mounted across the unit underneath behind the stairs. Finally, separate outlets for the black and grey tanks is a little awkward at dump time, having those lead to one outlet would have been handy, like other RVs.
- Dr. Jon Dehn, Texas

2020-10-18 2019 Forest River R-Pod RP-190 View Listings

Fun camper for a couple on the road. Would be excellent for person working on the road. Really tows behind V6 SUV. The R-pod has so much personality. They're cute and whimsical with high quality finishes.
- Tammy Bass, Oklahoma

2020-09-10 2019 Forest River R-Pod RP-190 View Listings

We purchased a brand new R-pod 190 We never had a chance to actually use the camper as it went up in flames. Turns out that their are known issues with the R-pod 190 catching fire Lucky for us we were not using the camper and everyone is safe. Forrest River does not stand behind their product buyer beware
- Tony Browne, Florida

2020-08-22 2020 Forest River R-Pod RP-195 View Listings

One problem after another twice the 110v went out on the first two trips. Next trip the tail lights went out the fourth trip no trailer brakes. The steel fenders are splitting. Whats next ! Ready to exercise the lemon law. The mattress after about thirty sleeps has given up with two big divots where my wife and I sleep. We both are small 120 and 150 and we are hitting bottom. This is a piece of junk. The gals at the warranty dept are great and trying but cant come up with the parts and there are no places that can fix anything right. I even asked if I could do the work myself and was sent fenders but they wont let me replace the LED tail lights or anything electric but camping world or Gander can fix anything right and had to recrimp the wiring that camping world so called fixed.... NOT ! Really disappointed. Feeling screwed !
- Doug King, Colorado

2020-08-05 2015 Forest River R-Pod RP-179 View Listings

Loved our RV with the tent/canopy attachment. We had plenty of room for the grandchildren in the tent area with air mattresses. When we had campsites with electricity, the kids had a fan to stay cool or a heater to stay warm. It was great to store extra coolers and on rainy days to grill in the covered area.
- vpickering, Washington

2020-08-03 2018 Forest River R-Pod RP-178 View Listings

This has been a WONDERFUL RV to own. It tows like a dream. (We have to keep checking our rear-view mirrors to even see if it's there!) Set-up is fast and easy. Tear-down is equally fast and easy. The layout is great with two minor exceptions. Whomever is sleeping on the outside has to crawl over the other person to get up, and when you use the toilet at night, the light from it shines right into the eyes of the person still in bed. The kitchen area is very usable for the size, and the dining area is handy for dining, reading, watching TV, and just plain visiting or watching the campground. The only downside I see is if you have more than 2 people, you need to collapse the dining area to make up the additional bed. This works best for an easy get-away for 2 people. I am going to miss ours when it is gone, but we can't bring all the grandkids with us so we are upsizing. I especially like all the storage underneath, and the high wheel base. (We have the Hood River edition) Things stay right where they should when towing, and the air conditioner is a godsend that works great! For the price, this is a GREAT trailer!
- Gail, Washington

2020-07-30 2020 Forest River R-Pod RP-190 View Listings

I purchased a 2020 R-Pod three months ago and I must say it has been the most disappointing purchase I have made in the last ten years. The laundry list of issues that have soaked up my summer usage with a long stay at the dealer will now be repeated as the sewage hose has broken off of my coach and shattered all over the freeway for the 2nd time. List of issues include: -Trim pieces falling off on interior -Sewer Hose fell of chassis (2x) -Electrical cord to trailer is fraying -Tongue jack goes through fuses often -Multiple cabinets doors were installed incorrectly and have had to be straighten so they will latch -Debris falls from the ceiling where the tv cables are and in the shower -Front door wasn't latching correctly This all equals multiple summer trips ruined from a brand new trailer. Unbelievably disappointing and truly concerns me about Forest River.
- Andrew West, Washington