Forest River Impression Reviews on RV Insider (4)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Forest River Impression RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Sam from Michigan says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2018 Forest River Impression 28BHS View Listings

BEWARE HOW FOREST RIVER TREATS CUSTOMERS!!!! Once you sign they are done helping the customer. Purchased a new 5th wheel this season and had a few issues. Now it sits in the dealership lot for over 2 weeks. Contacted service at Forest River and they said the parts on back order when it comes in we will ship it and thats it. A common part on all RV'S is on back order hmmm how is it they keep popping out new RV'S daily. If the parts are on back order ??? Of course the dealership I used is just as at fault as Forest River for not following up and requesting the parts sooner. They had the trailer now two weeks and only requested the parts 8 days ago. But then again they are so crooked in this business you never know the truth. I have been reading a lot about how generally Forest River denies warranty work to prolong the repairs. So it is very possible they denied the original request and finally after 8 days in the dealership they approved it after of course me complaining about the issue. All I can say is look some where else when purchasing especially a new RV. Do your research. My recommendation is to stay away from Forest River !!! These big companies need a reality check!!! We are the consumer paying there salary helping to keep the company going. So why are you treating US this way ? BEWARE LOOK AROUND AND DO YOUR HOMEWORK BEFORE BUYING ANY FOREST RIVER PRODUCTS !!!!!
- Sam, Michigan

2020-08-25 2019 Forest River Impression 25RB View Listings

We’ve enjoyed it overall... I won’t say it’s top quality but not bad for the price! It’s a nice layout and we haven’t had any major problems! The outside kitchen and the spacious bathroom with its extra large storage are the biggest pros! The negatives are the typical things like cheap / low quality stabilizer jacks, an under-sized, very loud and shaky AC and very little insulation! In the Texas heat we can’t even keep chocolate in the cabinets without it melting even with the AC going which has to run almost non-stop. A few other design things I would’ve done differently like access doors under the dinette instead of always have to remove the cushions and lift up the seat, the lift up bed should have some kind of support struts to hold it open, and the open shelf over the bed should be cabinets in my opinion, a MaxxAir or FanTastic vent fan in the bathroom would be nice. Not a fan of the floor vents but there are only 2 so it’s not a big deal. Our next RV will certainly have better insulation but overall we’re enjoying it!
- Blake Hendrix, Texas

2020-05-15 2020 Forest River Impression 28BHS View Listings

Absolutely the best fifth wheel for the price! My wife and I wanted to upgrade from our pull behind that we purchased new 12 years ago and this fit the bill perfectly. We wanted something with a bunk house for the kids, more counter space in the kitchen and more storage space inside and outside. With the 2020 model we also got an outside kitchen which for me was a bonus. LED lighting throughout, Electronic awning and stabilizer are just some to the features included with this RV and we didn't break the bank to purchase. I would admit that the build quality in some areas (minor) are lacking but as this is not my first RV purchase this wasn't a surprise. We spent several weeks researching this RV and eventually made our final decision at the RV show in January. The dealer made great strides to demonstrate this RV and I cannot say enough about their professionalism. We did have a few warranty issues after our initial purchase but working through our dealer they were all taken care of. If you are looking for an easy pull fifth wheel that delivers the most bang for your buck then I would definitely recommend the Impression.
- Schonn Underwood, Texas

2020-04-14 2018 Forest River Impression 34MID View Listings

My wife and I loved the layout of this fifth wheel As soon as we walked in. We got the most for the price. The furniture is good (not great) quality. This rv has a modern look and feel to it. It is not grandma ish. The appliances do what they’re supposed to do as they are simulat to appliances in most rv’s. Great storage. Love the MID room. The 2018 doesn’t have a top bunk which we didn’t want. The king bed isn’t a true king size but is roomy enough for us and two dogs. I’m 6’4” 300lbs and have enough headroom throughout the fifth wheel and never feel cramped. The floor is very solid with me walking around. Being so heavy I would not however walk on the roof or use the existing ladder to get there. I don’t think there is an rv that I would try to do that anyway. I easily fit a small bar fridge for in the front storage pass thru. I also mounted a tv in there too for watching hockey playoffs, golf, and baseball. (Well not this year). No mods required. The graphics on the exterior have a Nice modern stripe look. No ugly swooshes all over the place. I see that trend on many new competitors now. I really understand why this fifth wheel won awards in 2018. I feel this is the best bang for your buck out there. You can easily pay double for something with a similar floor plan but I guarantee you won’t get double the quality, space or satisfaction. Dealer threw in 4 slide out awning toppers in the deal. Those are About a $4,000 option here in Alberta to have installed. We are very happy with our purchase and definitely recommend the impression line to anyone. People are shocked at how little $ we paid for this quality built fifth wheel. Yes some may have more little things but in my opinion Money was put in the right places and saved where not needed.
- Bob Mac, Alberta