Forest River Georgetown XL RVs Reviews (32)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Forest River Georgetown XL RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Kenneth Houston from Indiana says:

Have you owned any Forest River Georgetown XL RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2015 Forest River Georgetown XL 378XL View Listings

LOVE it. Drives well and the ride is smooth. Outdoor entertainment area is amazing. Fireplace and in motion satellite is added bonus.The tow package is easy to set up and tows well. The artic package makes it livable all year round. Very nice for the price
- Kenneth Houston, Indiana

2019-10-20 2012 Forest River Georgetown XL 350TS View Listings

We have had to rebuild cupboards, took out fire place to make more cupboard space, the queen short bed is ridiculous with a husband 6’, that slide should be deeper, a lot of wasted space inside. Back window should be able to open, the air in bedroom to loud to sleep would never buy this unit again. Service was terrible. Stairs broke first time out on a trip. It was three when we got it I bet the owner traded with so much wrong. Furniture Material fell apart right after we bought it. We paid to much to be able to sell it to some one else would not wish this unit on any one.
- Ronald , Michigan

2019-10-13 2005 Forest River Georgetown XL 359TS View Listings

Solid motor and transmission. Easy steering with Roadmaster stabilizer. Good floor plan with toilet separated from shower/sink. All new tires make for a safe and stable ride. LOTS of storage inside and out, big bin for golf clubs. Handles mountain grades well, passed trucks on a long steep grade in the Rockies.
- Richard Lowder, California

2019-08-14 2020 Forest River Georgetown XL 378TS View Listings

The lack of quality assurance by this company is astounding! Shower doors installed upside down, shower leaks all over the floor, seam between floor an back wall not sealed (can see the ground outside from the inside), gasket on vehicle not installed correctly (gasket pushed back leaving a 2 x 2 inch hole allowing hot air from outside to mix with AC air so it doesn't get cold), vehicle AC expansion valve not working properly (can't get proper pressures on AC system), holes in fire wall not sealed etc. I could go on but I would be writing all day.
- David Youmans , Florida

2019-07-18 2015 Forest River Georgetown XL 377TS View Listings

Rides smoothly, plenty of power; so many extras for a comfortable ride and road use. Large storage area. Enjoy the outdoor TV/stereo system (two more inside). This is a party vehicle as well as a great couples vehicle. Comfortable for four. Luxury interior. We enjoy travel, especially for friend and family get-togethers. Highly recommend.
- Steve, Arizona

2019-06-29 2004 Forest River Georgetown XL 359TS View Listings

“George is a really nice RV, it was great for our first trip away for a winter, drove from Maine to Arizona, has driven Maine to Florida a couple of times and he performed great! Both my and husband and I are comfortable driving it. Comfortable to live in, my husband and I lived in it for 4 months out in Arizona with our 2 dogs. We did not have any problems on the road or sitting. We are just going to be doing more full time coming up and are going with a bit bigger rig. George is a great step up for folks or even a first time Class A owner. Plenty of storage, 2 AC’s, 2 flat screen TVs, newer awning, good tires; the front 2 are new as of April 2019. An “Elements” full storage cover comes with it, only used 1 winter. 4 tire protector covers also will come with it. People are always surprised when they find out it is a 2004, George has been kept in really good condition in and out. He has plenty of adventures left in him for years to come.
- Carol, Maine

2018-11-29 2007 Forest River Georgetown XL 370TS View Listings

Bought the 2007 4 years ago. Had many campers but this is the 1st class A, with 30,000 miles. Very clean unit. Didn't take long to figure out that the F53 chassis had a weak suspension. The V10 ford was iffy. Put in brakes, sumo springs, new shocks and a 5 Star tuner in the engine and trany. WOW. What a difference. The ride and control were greatly improved. No more wind sway. Rounded corners with security. The engine performs much better. Avg 7 mpg always. But the trany, WOW, it works like it is suppose to. The coach for its age has been good. A 10 year old coach is gonna need some maintenance. We love the bath and a half. Wouldn't by a coach without it.
- Paul B, South Dakota

2018-10-28 2013 Forest River Georgetown XL 377XL View Listings

The layout of this RV is absolutely the best I've seen. It feels like you are living in a New York apartment. The separation between the living room, bedroom, and kitchen is great. I wish other rv manufacturers took this floorplan to heart instead of shoving everything in a line against the walls. This layout really makes you feel comfortable and you forget you are in an RV.
- Joe, Arizona

2018-08-29 2015 Forest River Georgetown XL 377XL View Listings

I absolutely love this RV! Every time i see it I’m excited because it’s not only beautiful but we’ll bid too. I haven’t regretted it even a moment! It’s also perfectly maintained. With extremely low miles this is a steal!
- Gregory Davis, Arizona

2018-08-24 2017 Forest River Georgetown XL 378TS View Listings

We enjoyed our 2017 motorhome for four months.. Feb. through June. 2017 Brand new. Been in the shop off and on for the rest of the year. and most of 2018. No one within 200 miles of us could fix it. Now it’s gone back to the factory. We are not happy campers.
- John Doe, Alabama

2018-08-22 2014 Forest River Georgetown XL 378XL View Listings

Not à good compagne they deliver RV with the. Cheapest fault leather couver on seat and sofa. My RV insiste look like 1974. And i am not alone with this problem. The fault leather is à réal écran you look at and appeare more scratch. The dealer in Québec cant do nothing. Also maybe the registration is little confusing for us here. If somme one could help me i will apreciate so much se pay big money and we have the right to be respectés. I was editor here and wonner of motorcycle magazine tant mean i know the way To join à big croud and i have à good cretibility. I could be verry good if they do wath they have To do Hope nos somme one will understand Ray P
- Raymond. Lefrancois, Quebec

2018-08-20 2016 Forest River Georgetown XL 378XL View Listings

WE HAVE DRIVEN MANY RVs strictly for trips, but used this RV for extended traveling and to live in it for about three months. FOREST RIVER, by far, is the best QUALITY, SMOOTHEST RIDE, COMFORTABLE & LARGE LIVING ROOM AREA, LARGEST STORAGE AREA, BUILT IN TV ANTENNA FOR CABLE HOOKUP OR "AIR", etc. Also, has everything provided - just bring food and clothing. Felt safe on the highway with driving mirrors, cameras, speaker in rear. Really can't find any complaints to pass on!
- MARTHA TORGERSON, Florida

2018-08-15 2012 Forest River Georgetown XL 360DS View Listings

I would not have another RV, especially a F.R. Georgetown XL 360 again. All we have encountered has been major and we are tired of sinking money into it. Had the door locks jam and we had to break into the RV and then bungy cord the door closed for the ride home. The faux/pieced leather furniture on the couch, swivel chair and captains chair has severely deteriorated. The rear hydraulic leveler hose needs replaced and no one will touch it because of how they installed it. It rubs against other parts and with the friction it wears and then leaks. We have contacted Forest River on several occasions and all we get is NO, NO, NO. They DO NOT STAND BEHIND THEIR PRODUCT. It is ridiculous.
- Rick Goodall, Florida

2018-07-11 2006 Forest River Georgetown XL 370TS View Listings

Family of four. We love the spaciousness of this RV. The full bath at the back of the rig has a huge shower compared to most RVs. A large galley/living room area due to the big slide out makes it plenty roomy. The living area/galley also has a 1/2 bath in it. Solid surface counter tops is a big plus for me. It reimburses the quality of the fixtures and finishes. When driving this rig you will realize how smooth it is and how easy it can tow. We tow a 2013 CR-V with it and have no problem. I would recommend this machine to anyone looking for a quality RV.
- Tom Minowicz, North Carolina

2018-04-29 2014 Forest River Georgetown XL 378XL View Listings

We purchased our 2014 Georgetown 378xl motorhome in 2015 from a dealer Weve had numerous trips to the service department for reasons ranging from problems with the main slide out not being installed correctly to steering problems locking up etc. to holding tank issues and the most recent converter burning up and causing the batteries to need replacing. To have it go out again within 30 days. The problem list with this coach go on and on. Warranty work was next to impossible because no service. People want to deal with first river since they have trouble getting paid by FR.
- Trina MALSOM, California

2018-04-18 2007 Forest River Georgetown XL 280D View Listings

2017 , red mold all over living room ceiling. , what can be done about it.? We are sick. Ca not use our new motor home. .Health problem. Will make you sick. Mold. Sick of this problem. Need help. Forest River on help.
- John smith, Mississippi

2018-03-23 2018 Forest River Georgetown XL 377TS View Listings

We traded our 28ft Class B+ and bought this coach last summer to eventually retire into. The Good: it drives well, tows our Jeep Rubicon well, and is stable and quiet on the road for a front-engine gasser. The interior is spacious, quiet and comfortable. We take our two big dogs and two cats with us-plenty of room for all. The exterior looks great and has tons of storage-some being pass-through. Love the auto-leveling jacks and the driver's side door ( best for an emergency but still functional if you prefer regular use-similar to climbing up a ladder, with a porthole step and a flip-step. The Bad: We've only taken one trip-the coach has spent MONTHS in the selling Dealer's shop. The tile slat flooring is pulling apart, the tile is no longer made (for a 2018??!!) so they have to replace the entire floor. The first time we fired up the AC/Furnace, foam insulation, sawdust and wood chips blew out everywhere from every vent. The windshield washer hose came off the first time we used it-can't reach up inside the grill to reattach it. The wood paneling had a number of flaws and scratches that are being repaired or replaced. The coach has already been served a recall notice because the roof may leak. The Ugly: the Ford S35 chassis doesn't have the greatest brakes, especially going down steep grades with a towed vehicle. You must pump the brakes as you work your way down hill, but quickly so they don't overheat. There is no viable aftermarket upgrade for these brakes that I've been able to find. On it's maiden trip the front wheel seals leaked grease all over the front rims-the Ford Fleet dealer said this was "normal". Sorry, I've been a mechanic for decades, and leaking grease seals isn't normal. This will be an excellent coach once they get the warranty and recall work done. Disappointed that a brand new coach has had so many issues.
- Gary Parker, Utah

2017-09-18 2000 Forest River Georgetown XL 346S View Listings

I rented this RV for two weeks on another site with my two kids, our dogs and my husband. The experience we had was amazing! I loved how all the beds were big enough for our kids and comfy, so they fell asleep easily. Usually my son doesn't fall asleep very quickly without me singing to him or a night light but he didn't need either! The king sized bed in the back was heavenly. The owner had provided us with silk-like pillow covers that were still in the package + two very big plush pillows! The stove, oven and microwave were very simple to use thanks to the explanation the owner gave. For an older model RV my husband and I were very pleased with the outcome and would definitely rent again! Overall it was a great time and I'm glad we had rented from such a great site.
- Elizabeth Dubois, Michigan

2017-08-15 2017 Forest River Georgetown XL 378TS View Listings

I have a 2017 378. Great coach. Only slight problem is that the bathroom door has frosted glass so when you open the door to block the hallway you can see your sillouett from the living room. Door should be sold.
- Robert kress, Florida

2017-07-24 2016 Forest River Georgetown XL 369DS View Listings

We have had the motorhome for a year. I love the quality of the cabinets as well as the outer compartments and storage. Interior is beautiful, very high end for the money. It drives and rides awesome. I am however not thrilled with the Forestriver web site or their call center. We owned a pull behind Cherokee and it was pretty straight forward on how the systems worked. When you call or go on line looking for info or tutorial on a how to use a system it is either dificult to find or the call center really cant answer. The purchase was made 150 miles from my home so it would be nice if answers were easier. We did have to do a couple of repairs on hidden fastners that were a bit challenging that was disapointing. I would recommend this to anyone who loves to travel.
- Daniel Pagliarella, New York

2017-05-07 2016 Forest River Georgetown XL 326DS View Listings

I would recommend to anyone to NEVER purchase a Forest River product! They have the worst customer service and support of ANY RV organization I have ever seen or experienced. Their units fail within months of purchase and overall quality is crap! I say this from speaking to other Forest River owners as well. Within a month pieces were falling off or apart and you can not find anyone to support the worthless warranty. We have had this brand new unit for a year and are working to trade for anything else on the market. Forest River is crap!
- Kent L Buckner, Arizona

2017-04-27 2017 Forest River Georgetown XL 377XL View Listings

Not enough draws inside moterhome, Bathroom, terrible layout. Had to take bedroom door off. Had to get stool so I could rreach inside kitchen cabinets. Have to get on hands and knees to get anything out of the bottom kitchen cabinets. Needs pocket doors . Not a good plan . Very small bed room. Can barrely get around bed. Hard to get food out of microwave. Rack to high up. Burn your hands trying to get food out.. have to be 6 feet tall to get food out. very pretty rv. Rides good.
- Eugenia Rigby, Alabama

2017-04-04 2011 Forest River Georgetown XL 378XL View Listings

Very comfortable coach with everything that you need. Have had minimal issues with this coach. We tow a dodge 1500 truck with the golf cart in back of the truck and it pulls it just fine even in hilly areas.
- Andy Carrington, Ohio

2017-03-15 2014 Forest River Georgetown XL 377TS View Listings

Front fender has broken three times on passanger side. Found body was off by 2 inches from the chassis. Forrest river has not been very helpful with this. Can not sale or trade in with a factor defect. I guess its a legal manner now. Forrest River should have man up and fixed this problem.
- jim, Texas

2017-03-13 2006 Forest River Georgetown XL 359TS View Listings

We have had great experiences with this motorhome. It is not too long for the older partks with shorter sites but ideal for living space. With any motor home you can tow a small economical vehicle and visit all local events for miles around and still go back, make your meals (cheaper), and go to bed in your own bed. Enjoy the outside shower for raising off after the lake or pools. Lots and lots of storage inside and underneath. The generator is great for just pulling over when you need to rest and eat or camp in a primitive area. Just love a motorhome. If you keep up on upkeep their liability is unbelievable. They just keep going and going.
- DIANNE M JACOBS, Michigan