Forest River Georgetown Reviews on RV Insider (47)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Forest River Georgetown RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Ukim2 from Florida says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Forest River Georgetown 31B3 View Listings

First and last time buying Forest River products, Brand new Georgetown 31B3 unit 2016,The weak air conditioner do not cool the unit, maybe up north is fine but not here in Florida, walls inside are hot when touched, poor insulation, poorly design, hydraulics jacks leaking, walls inside the unit look like they are made of cardboard, cheaply made unit, kitchen counters are made of wood covered with some kind of paper anything hot in the counter by mistake and it will burn the paper, rough ride on the highway, and the list keep going. The unit has been in the shop since the day I bought it on May 20, used two days at the dealer campground before I take it home and is going back to the shop tomorrow June 30. I regretted buying this unit but my wife want the bunk beds for the grandkids. So much money for garbage will get rid of the unit as soon as I can. Take my advice do not buy from Forest River very,very dissapointed. Could not use the unit on my birthday, Fathers day weekend and now will not be able to used it on the 4th of July it be in the shop, Great!!
- Ukim2, Florida

2020-09-06 2016 Forest River Georgetown 364TS View Listings

I chose it for the floor plan and price. The floor plan is perfect for a family with kids and the value for the price was outstanding. It was great for a 2 month around the country trip. It performed really well and was easy to drive. I would definitely recommend it to others.
- Deborah Abrams, California

2020-09-03 2016 Forest River Georgetown 270S View Listings

This motor home has been an exceptionally well built and dependable motor home with the Ford F53 chassis and V10 engine. Forest River designed and built a quality product that is easy to drive, park and maneuver with or without a towed vehicle. This is a short length Class A, moreso than many Class Cs, but with the extra storage space of an A and the standard higher floor I find it to be much more attractive than Class Cs. King size bed, 2 air conditioners with heat pumps, very nice interior, large bathroom and shower all add to the attractiveness, to me. If you don't need a huge rig and are interested in getting into a Class A or downsizing from a larger rig of whatever type, take a look at this one.
- Steve Wolfe, Texas

2020-09-02 2000 Forest River Georgetown 325S View Listings

I really like the Sleep Number bed. The Arctic Package is a big plus to keep tanks from freezing. Driving is not as difficult as I expected especially with the new Furrion backup camera. The Ford V10 engine is awesome. Quite, powerful and reliable.
- Marc Ruel , Virginia

2020-08-15 2018 Forest River Georgetown 31R View Listings

I am sharing my horrific experience I have had with purchasing a brand new River Forest Georgetown RV. My family and I have been camping for years but coming to our retirement we decided to treat ourself and purchase a Brand new Rv. After months of research we thought we found the best match for what we were looking for. June 29,2019 we made the plunge and bought it at Campers Inn NH. What a nightmare our first trip out we woke up to a puddle of water on the floor because our refrigerator broke, had to go purchase coolers to try and save the food we could. Needless to say by the time we returned there where 26 things wrong including a battery which overheated and acid was everywhere! (Dangerous) As we understand it like building a house you have to work on mishaps. After we had contacted dealer they advised us to bring in. On 8/2/2019 we brought to the dealer where it resides to this day. It is 8/12/2020 12 months later and we still do not have our RV but we are still dishing out our loan payment every month. Phone calls will not be returned, emails not returned and when we did finally get a response, he said I am so sorry I have never had such a hard time receiving parts! Seriously I just wanted to laugh in his face!!!!! What an excuse....... I didnt realize it takes 12 months for a part. What a CON Man!!!!! It is so sad that I have to hirer an attorney to help me. I have lost so much money between cancelation fees because we lost two summers of camping, and now time out of my day to hirer a lawyer!!!! I hope before purchasing a RV make sure you read every review!!!!!!!
- Amanda , Alabama

2020-08-12 2018 Forest River Georgetown 31R View Listings

My husband and I bought a brand new left over 2018 River Forest Georgetown June 2019, our first trip out was a nightmare. We woke up to water on floor due to the refrigerator broke lost all of our food! Had to go buy coolers for rest of trip. When we returned there where 36 things wrong all the way to battery acid everywhere from it exploding! (Dangerous) We contacted the dealer where they advised us to bring back so they can fix. It is now August 12,2020 and my RV still resides there, there is no communication, no returned calls, no returned emails. But I am still paying on my loan that I cant even use or even see my camper! I lost two summer of camping with my family and lots of money due to cancelation fees. When we finally do talk to someone there excuse is we are waiting on parts! I was not aware it takes 13 months to make parts! This is most awful experience we have had. Dont ever buy a River Forest Georgetown RV. They basically take your money and will never help you until you retain a lawyer a finally sue them!
- Crystel Hopps, New Hampshire

2020-08-07 2019 Forest River Georgetown 30X3 View Listings

We have had our rv For 2 yrs we have had some very annoyed issues the slide . Which would not come in Now the slides are extending And retrActing without pushing the buttons . It has been at the storage area for 3wks now was checked on Tuesday the 4 of August And it was fine . Today 8 /7 the living room slideis out. Also the valances are coming lloose from the ceiling . It’s like they we’re screwed into nothing . We had issues with the overhead bed falling down which was a was a safety hazard .it was honored by FR after warranty also the floor under or slide out got ripped up which was honored by FR After Warranty. Very disappointed with it . Had a trailer for ten years before it had problems And another for two yrs . Would not suggest anyone buy A Forest River The problem is something is wrong electrical or what cost us more money ???
- Sizemore, Pennsylvania

2020-08-05 2015 Forest River Georgetown 335DS View Listings

Awesome motor chassis transmission that's it the rest of it pretty much cheap seems the newer they are the worse they are all the blinds fell down because of plastic clips the slide cable broke twice and also had to replace slide motor the front seats and couch are peeling need to be reupholstered not in the Sun in the front driver's and passenger seat the chassis is coming away from the body you can sit there look down to your right on the passenger side there is a quarter inch Gap where you can actually see the wheel going around and Road the drive shaft has actually rubbed a hole in the plastic column from it bouncing up and down while driving we have it waxed three times a year the back and the front paint still fading bad clear coat second owner only seven thousand miles on it called warranty department they said sorry buddy you're not the first owner can't help these are all accurate and honest I have had motorhomes for 23 years
- Dan, Arizona

2020-08-04 2003 Forest River Georgetown 362 View Listings

Great quality and durability. Tons of storage in the basement and the most closet space in its class. Lived in our RV for 3 years with no issues. The only reason we bought another RV was for a third slide. Will definitely miss this classic RV.
- gladdad1956, South Dakota

2020-08-04 2015 Forest River Georgetown 335DS View Listings

Engine tranny chassis awesome but let's be honest the rest of his junk it seems like the newer they are the worse they are all my blinds fell down because the clips are made of plastic cable on the slide broke twice motor went out driver side and passenger side if you look down there is a quarter inch Gap with the body is coming away from the chassis were you can see the road basically when you're driving or a passenger WTF the front seats and couch are peeling they need to be reupholstered and it's not because of sun we are meticulous junk junk junk junk I bought this with 7000 miles on it from the first owner and they will not warranty any of it because I am the second owner losers I feel sorry for older people that retire that want to travel when this stuff occurs don't buy if you're not mechanically inclined or have a second job to pay for all the things that break
- dannyray200, Arizona

2020-07-22 2014 Forest River Georgetown 351DS View Listings

RV has been great. Only getting rid of it to buy a bigger one. Ride and quality have been excellent. Air bags I added really improved drivability. Drives as good as any diesel pusher now. Would buy another
- Phillip, Florida

2020-06-21 2017 Forest River Georgetown 30X3 View Listings

Follow up to original review. Quality continues to be a problem. Slide out wiring harness has a flexible shell. It is now going in for a 3rd replacement. Slide in/out 10 times before it happens again. What a POS. Never will Forest River earn my business again. They get you dazzled with the floor plan and it's all downhill from there.
- Ronald Hicks, Florida

2020-05-22 2015 Forest River Georgetown 351DS View Listings

Great space, all amenities you need, like hotel on wheels. Generator allows for off grid camping without sacrificing comfort. Tanks big enough for week of camping. Camped down to 10 below without issues. Large propane tank last full season. Drives well for big rig.
- Randall Rinehart , Illinois

2020-05-19 2019 Forest River Georgetown 30X3 View Listings

Since buying my new 2019 FR3 30X3 IT IS PLAGUED BY MANY PROBLEMS 1 wrong couch used when made into a bed the bottom of the bed is 4 inches lower than the front with a 2 inch gap between cushions Mike Hale from Forest River was going to replace it .After two weeks he reneged on this and gave me an option of theater seating which is of no use for my application .Extending the legs and a air mattress . All i want is the right couch for this unit .Was told that it would hit the counter top when extended which is hard to believe as there is over 8 feet from slide out to counter top .This couch has no tags as to manufacturer or content as required by law Not to pleased when this is the way they treat customers. 2 Roof damaged and patched now showing cracking .Will see what my dealer will do . 3 Floor in shower cracked 4 water pump cracked 5 Decal split since last review couch replaced still waiting on shower repair to get finished had to have entry door replaced was damaged and kept opening while driving still opens wile driving bottom of slide split from roller biggest disappointment for a new unit must say dealer has been ok but forest river a complete disappointment as this unit has only been used twice rest of the time at dealer. Do yourself a favor and run don't walk away from anything Forest River makes.
- George Harris, Ontario

2020-03-30 2017 Forest River Georgetown 328TS View Listings

A great motorhome for long term stay! I have enjoyed this motorhome tremendously! 5 years motorhome snowbirds No problem pulling my jeep cherokee as if it was not there! No breakdowns no accidents Very easy to set up
- Mark Brook, Florida

2020-03-03 2017 Forest River Georgetown 378XL View Listings

New 2016 purchase. Always covered. All interior leather crumbling apart. Contacted FR. Known problem for 2105-2016 coaches. Sent me new, same type covers, but my expense for labor to install. My 2nd new FR product. I believe they should pay labor to install on this 9,000 mile, well maintained unit. Great coach other than this issue which is horrible looking.
- Jack Shepehrd, Texas

2020-02-27 2016 Forest River Georgetown 364TS View Listings

This is an AWESOME RV and a Must See RV Awesome low mileage Forest River Georgetown 364TS Bunkhouse Triple slide RV in fantastic shape! Everything Looks and works great! New coach battery installed 11-21-19. THREE nice slides open this coach up into a Condo on wheels! Absolutely awesome floor plan for any family! This RV can sleep up to 9 people as it has a KING size master bed, two twin stacked bunks, drop down bunk over driver and passenger seating area, fold out sofa bed and drop down convertible dining room table! Two FULL Bathrooms! Mid coach bathroom with shower and Rear coach master bathroom with shower And Washer and Dryer combo unit space in Master Bath! FULL size Side by Side residential refrigerator! Dual Recliner sofa bed in Living area FIVE TVs! one each in Master, two Bunk beds(these two have built in DVD players and local power for kids phones/gaming systems), Living area and one outside! Surround sound system and BluRay player for Living room TV. 5 TVs and Dish ready Tons of storage and external bins for your stuff. Onan 5500 watt generator! Auto Leveling Jacks! Large Power awning If you have never owned a Class A, no worries as we will show you how to work everything something you are comfortable driving tomorrow! Thanks for looking and email or text with any questions. Thanks! Levi 404-547-49850
- Levi Robinson, Georgia

2020-02-07 2016 Forest River Georgetown 364TS View Listings

I found a staple that punctured the water supple hose to my rear bathroom. I contact the company and they tell me that because its out of warranty,(more than 1 year old) they can't offer any assistance. They preach about customer satisfaction but really after the year is past, you will never get anything else from this company. I have talked with several different higher ps about this and neither of them offered a solution. I will never buy from them again.
- Jeremiah Thomas, Kentucky

2019-11-09 2015 Forest River Georgetown 351DS View Listings

Was our first Class A after years of towing a travel trailer. Plenty of room. Great to have space while driving. Greatly improves quality of trip. Easy to drive and park. Towed my F150 behind. Great quality unit and great for entry level campers!!
- Randy, Illinois

2019-10-08 2019 Forest River Georgetown 30X3 View Listings

- George, Ontario

2019-08-30 2019 Forest River Georgetown 33B3 View Listings

We purchased the motorhome 6 weeks ago brand new. Got it home and already the problems started. The bunk slider wouldn’t function and was flashing coded. That was just the prelude to what was to come. Took the coach on its maiden voyage and 4 hours in the generator began kicking off which meant no A/C going through the desert. Got to the campground hooked up and everything works. Great. Problem solved! Wrong......10 minutes into our 5.5 hour ride home the generator began shutting down to the extent that it would no longer power up. Spent a LONG SCORCHING HIT drive home. The next day take it into service and our skilled tech told us this was common and the generator wasn’t made to run in heat. A story we were not going to buy. The dealer has had our coach for 5 weeks. Three generators later, they concluded it was the generator causing the issue. Pick it up last night and in a 20 minute ride home, the generator shut down twice. It wasn’t hot out so their theory on temperature was debunked. Brought it back in and we’re able to finally show them codes which honestly mean nothing according to service. I would highly recommend doing your homework before buying ANYTHING from Forest River. There is a latent design flaw in the fuel system running to the generator. One they don’t know how to fix and in the meantime we are left paying a payment on something that is sitting on a lot that we can’t safely use. As for the slide out, they repaired that and it appears to be working.
- Chris Neven, California

2019-06-07 2019 Forest River Georgetown 31R5 View Listings

Our first and last Forest River. On our first trip the bedroom slide out and the living area slide out leaked. Water running everywhere. We also could not drain the gray water tank because they forgot to take out the plugs. Toilet was leaking and window shades were falling off. We have pets so we had to turn around in Florida and go back home to get it all fixed. We are currently on our second trip from Louisiana to Montana. In Missouri the sky light in the bathroom just blew off while driving. We didn’t notice until it started to rain. Just now, in South Dakota, our other sky light (the one in the living area) blew off. Now we have to stop again and have it repaired before it is supposed to rain this afternoon. This RV doesn’t have 5000 miles on it yet and minor things like moulding and window shades fall off all the time. We wanted a new RV because we didn’t want to deal with the minor problems of our old class C Damon anymore. This Forest River is a nightmare and we have not been able to relax yet for the fear of what is going wrong next. Do yourself a favor and DO NOT get a Forest River brand.
- Ingrid Thompson, Louisiana

2019-04-09 2016 Forest River Georgetown 270S View Listings

Great RV for weekend trips or shorter getaways. Being under 30' allows you to park in most parking lots and maneuver where longer RVs would not be able to go. Plus, a lot of state parks don't allow RVs longer than 30'. This RV has plenty of power and no problems towing. The same V10 engine is used in models up to 40' and being only 28' gives this RV tons of extra power. We picked this RV due to the high quality of construction compared to other RVs in this class.
- Brandon, Oregon

2018-09-27 2001 Forest River Georgetown 306S View Listings

I love this RV and have lived in it for two years but now I'm forced to sell it because I'm heading four major surgery and a wheelchair because my knees and spinal stenosis has taken the better of me, the RV has been good to me and I have been good to it by taking great care of it very well maintained and it will be great for whomever takes over. Everything works great on it and in it and put new tires all the way around just last year new double windshield installed last month,new microwave/oven yes it's both a microwave and oven. Also just installed a new catalytic converter last month. I've always kept the furniture and carpet covered so they are in great shape. I've always been a happy camper:)
- Orlando Martinez, Colorado

2018-08-16 2016 Forest River Georgetown 30X3 View Listings

4000 miles on rv. Have slide problems. Every time we use it trash from fresh from fresh water cloggs water outlets coming into stool. Stool has to be piulled to clean screens. Now lavatory is getting the same way. Last time we were out rv wouldn’t start and we were stranded in restaurant parking lot. After 12 hours iit started. Dealership can’t find the problem unless it happens again. Ford can’t analyze problem unless it goes down again. It is a short somewhere. We are afraid to go out in it again knowing it could happen again. Batteries were fine but for 12 hours the motor would not start. This is the worst rv we have ever owned. It is at dealership now and they are starting it ever so often hopeing it will do it again so it can be analyzed. As they said it may never happen again but not comforting to us knowing it could happen again
- Ronnie Ellis, Oklahoma