Forest River Georgetown RVs Reviews (33)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Forest River Georgetown RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Ukim2 from Florida says:

Have you owned any Forest River Georgetown RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Forest River Georgetown 31B3 View Listings

First and last time buying Forest River products, Brand new Georgetown 31B3 unit 2016,The weak air conditioner do not cool the unit, maybe up north is fine but not here in Florida, walls inside are hot when touched, poor insulation, poorly design, hydraulics jacks leaking, walls inside the unit look like they are made of cardboard, cheaply made unit, kitchen counters are made of wood covered with some kind of paper anything hot in the counter by mistake and it will burn the paper, rough ride on the highway, and the list keep going. The unit has been in the shop since the day I bought it on May 20, used two days at the dealer campground before I take it home and is going back to the shop tomorrow June 30. I regretted buying this unit but my wife want the bunk beds for the grandkids. So much money for garbage will get rid of the unit as soon as I can. Take my advice do not buy from Forest River very,very dissapointed. Could not use the unit on my birthday, Fathers day weekend and now will not be able to used it on the 4th of July it be in the shop, Great!!
- Ukim2, Florida

2019-10-08 2019 Forest River Georgetown 30X3 View Listings

Since buying my new 2019 FR3 30X3 IT IS PLAGUED BY MANY PROBLEMS 1 wrong couch used when made into a bed the bottom of the bed is 4 inches lower than the front with a 2 inch gap between cushions Mike Hale from Forest River was going to replace it .After two weeks he reneged on this and gave me an option of theater seating which is of no use for my application .Extending the legs and a air mattress . All i want is the right couch for this unit .Was told that it would hit the counter top when extended which is hard to believe as there is over 8 feet from slide out to counter top .This couch has no tags as to manufacturer or content as required by law Not to pleased when this is the way they treat customers. 2 Roof damaged and patched now showing cracking .Will see what my dealer will do . 3 Floor in shower cracked 4 water pump cracked 5 Decal split
- George, Ontario

2019-08-30 2019 Forest River Georgetown 33B3 View Listings

We purchased the motorhome 6 weeks ago brand new. Got it home and already the problems started. The bunk slider wouldn’t function and was flashing coded. That was just the prelude to what was to come. Took the coach on its maiden voyage and 4 hours in the generator began kicking off which meant no A/C going through the desert. Got to the campground hooked up and everything works. Great. Problem solved! Wrong......10 minutes into our 5.5 hour ride home the generator began shutting down to the extent that it would no longer power up. Spent a LONG SCORCHING HIT drive home. The next day take it into service and our skilled tech told us this was common and the generator wasn’t made to run in heat. A story we were not going to buy. The dealer has had our coach for 5 weeks. Three generators later, they concluded it was the generator causing the issue. Pick it up last night and in a 20 minute ride home, the generator shut down twice. It wasn’t hot out so their theory on temperature was debunked. Brought it back in and we’re able to finally show them codes which honestly mean nothing according to service. I would highly recommend doing your homework before buying ANYTHING from Forest River. There is a latent design flaw in the fuel system running to the generator. One they don’t know how to fix and in the meantime we are left paying a payment on something that is sitting on a lot that we can’t safely use. As for the slide out, they repaired that and it appears to be working.
- Chris Neven, California

2019-06-07 2019 Forest River Georgetown 31R5 View Listings

Our first and last Forest River. On our first trip the bedroom slide out and the living area slide out leaked. Water running everywhere. We also could not drain the gray water tank because they forgot to take out the plugs. Toilet was leaking and window shades were falling off. We have pets so we had to turn around in Florida and go back home to get it all fixed. We are currently on our second trip from Louisiana to Montana. In Missouri the sky light in the bathroom just blew off while driving. We didn’t notice until it started to rain. Just now, in South Dakota, our other sky light (the one in the living area) blew off. Now we have to stop again and have it repaired before it is supposed to rain this afternoon. This RV doesn’t have 5000 miles on it yet and minor things like moulding and window shades fall off all the time. We wanted a new RV because we didn’t want to deal with the minor problems of our old class C Damon anymore. This Forest River is a nightmare and we have not been able to relax yet for the fear of what is going wrong next. Do yourself a favor and DO NOT get a Forest River brand.
- Ingrid Thompson, Louisiana

2019-05-21 2017 Forest River Georgetown 364TS View Listings

Very good quality went out west last year got 10 miles per gallon will let garmin go with sale sleeps very well king bed have many extras to go with sale has 5 years left on warranty will take best offer
- William Hamner, Virginia

2019-04-09 2016 Forest River Georgetown 270S View Listings

Great RV for weekend trips or shorter getaways. Being under 30' allows you to park in most parking lots and maneuver where longer RVs would not be able to go. Plus, a lot of state parks don't allow RVs longer than 30'. This RV has plenty of power and no problems towing. The same V10 engine is used in models up to 40' and being only 28' gives this RV tons of extra power. We picked this RV due to the high quality of construction compared to other RVs in this class.
- Brandon, Oregon

2019-03-11 2017 Forest River Georgetown 364TS View Listings

Purchased used 2017 364 in April 2018. During all the rain this year discovered a leak in the roof around the factory installed fantastic fan. Dealer had to scrape and reseal the whole roof. Forest River offered no assistance. They gave their standard answer saying the warranty ended 1 year from the original purchase date. I get that however, their mission statement is “At Forest River, customer satisfaction is our #1 priority. Accordingly, we want to assure that your questions are answered and any issues you may have are resolved”. They resolved my problem as my problem. They should remove that statement form their web site. Never again. Poor workmanship and no support.
- Steve, California

2018-09-27 2001 Forest River Georgetown 306S View Listings

I love this RV and have lived in it for two years but now I'm forced to sell it because I'm heading four major surgery and a wheelchair because my knees and spinal stenosis has taken the better of me, the RV has been good to me and I have been good to it by taking great care of it very well maintained and it will be great for whomever takes over. Everything works great on it and in it and put new tires all the way around just last year new double windshield installed last month,new microwave/oven yes it's both a microwave and oven. Also just installed a new catalytic converter last month. I've always kept the furniture and carpet covered so they are in great shape. I've always been a happy camper:)
- Orlando Martinez, Colorado

2018-08-27 2017 Forest River Georgetown 364TS View Listings

Georgetown is a great coach. It's all about the bunkhouse floorpan- bunks allow the kids to have a place that's all their own. Like a little cave for them to play in. If they're not along- storage area! A win either way. It also drives great, with plenty of power from the drivetrain. We are always getting complements when we pull into the RV park. Jacks down, slides out, plug in, done! Off to the activities. It's an overall joy to own and operate.
- Caleb Ford, Indiana

2018-08-16 2016 Forest River Georgetown 30X3 View Listings

4000 miles on rv. Have slide problems. Every time we use it trash from fresh from fresh water cloggs water outlets coming into stool. Stool has to be piulled to clean screens. Now lavatory is getting the same way. Last time we were out rv wouldn’t start and we were stranded in restaurant parking lot. After 12 hours iit started. Dealership can’t find the problem unless it happens again. Ford can’t analyze problem unless it goes down again. It is a short somewhere. We are afraid to go out in it again knowing it could happen again. Batteries were fine but for 12 hours the motor would not start. This is the worst rv we have ever owned. It is at dealership now and they are starting it ever so often hopeing it will do it again so it can be analyzed. As they said it may never happen again but not comforting to us knowing it could happen again
- Ronnie Ellis, Oklahoma

2018-06-21 2016 Forest River Georgetown 364TS View Listings

This was perfect when we first bought, the entire family could travel together but as our family grew and they bought their own RV's we found ourselves traveling alone in a huge roomy RV. This has all the bells & whistles a family could ask for, but it is time to down size, However buys this will not be disappointed. I also tow a 2015 Ford Edge FWD on a tow dolly without any difficulty whatsoever.
- Kenneth Reust, California

2018-03-08 2015 Forest River Georgetown 328TS View Listings

For love of God DO NOT buy one of these poor factory warranty leaking windshield never replaced cracks in the rear cap worn steering tires 6000 mi water leaks Really bad choice regret buying it.....
- Dale Nemeth, Alberta

2018-03-02 2017 Forest River Georgetown 335DS View Listings

This is our first RV and we love it! We have had basically no problems or warranty issues. The décor and finishes are quality. The layout is very efficient and the storage is more than adequate and well appointed. Features include many items that you would usually only find in larger, more high end RVs. This RV is top quality and well built. We expected problems since we bought a new unit and were told horror stories about repairs, but not so for us. We were very comfortable in the living quarters and sleeping quarters. I would highly recommend this RV.
- Sheila Waldner, Florida

2018-02-13 2015 Forest River Georgetown 270S View Listings

My husband and I rate this unit as a 4 - above average. As RVs go it was a good choice for us for several reasons: the floor plan allows us to use everything without the slideout deployed. Some of the camping spots we've visited were quite narrow. Even the bathroom door opened enough for us to get in and out easily. There is very little wasted space in the layout and there is plenty of storage both inside and out. Build quality is good and warranty support is about what we would expect from the typical RV manufacturer and probably has more to do with the dealership than the factory. My husband did all of the driving and had no problems with it that were not expected - like anything this tall it can be susceptible to side winds - this became better when he discovered that the recommended tire pressure was over 20 pounds lower than what was recommended, 105 instead of 83. Once brought down to the correct level the RV handled pretty well and is very easy to maneuver in tight spots like parking lots and narrow campsites. It is only the 2 of us so we didn't feel cramped or inconvenienced.
- EJ Dale, Washington

2018-01-18 2017 Forest River Georgetown 364TS View Listings

Had great experience with my unit, drives down the road very nice. Aluminum rims, 3 slide outs and dual heat and cooling zones. It had all the bell and whistles at a affordable price. Love the 2 bathrooms!
- Joe , Michigan

2017-11-01 2016 Forest River Georgetown 364TSF View Listings

We selected this model based on floorplan so no complaints there. It is comfortable to drive even in crosswinds. The downside is quality. Both rooftop A/Cs had to be replaced under warrant within the first year, and both need to be replaced again a year later. They used Dometic, which is slow to ship replacements hence our warranty rating of only 3 stars. Other warranty work included overcut flooring (buckled), overcut ceiling panels, awning bracket cover flying off while driving, rooftop radio antenna came loose, debris in the water lines that clogged the shower heads, one of the two water pumps stopped working, generator start button was loose, etc. As I said, we love the floorplan and how it drives, but I'd choose a different brand if I could go back and do it again.
- David Norwood, Louisiana

2017-10-23 2017 Forest River Georgetown 378XL View Listings

This is a beautiful motorhome. But it is not for ladies under 5 foot 9 inches. You can't reach things in the cabinets. We had to get a stool to climb up . Not enough kitchen cabinets. Door to bathroom and bedroom hit each other. If you are trying to do your hair your arms hit the shower door. There is no way to turn on the fan in the bath room. To high up. Needs switch on the wall. I can't reach to get food out of the microwave . Stool required.. shelf in it is to high. Burn your hands trying to get food out. Not much room to get around the bed. The clothes closet rod is so high you can't your hangers off or on '. My husband had to build a rod lower so I could hang my clothes. It has been a night mare. No drawers in bath room for makeup . Curling irons. Have to put things in boxs and put them on the shelf under the sink. Women need to design motorhome.. would not buy again.
- John Windgate, Mississippi

2017-08-07 2012 Forest River Georgetown 351DS View Listings

This is a great family RV, very reliable, spacious & has a great fit & finish. Lots of power with the ford V10 and no problem towing our Jeep all over north america. I would recommend this unit to all my friends.
- John P, Ontario

2017-07-29 2011 Forest River Georgetown 300FWS View Listings

Our Georgetown is a dream to drive and set up at camp sites, with the automatic leveling jacks and electric awning. Since we spend months at a time in it, we love having two AC units and the huge basement storage. It's a great unit!
- Deborah McCardle, Arizona

2017-07-13 2017 Forest River Georgetown 30X3 View Listings

We bought this RV because my wife loved the large kitchen layout in the smaller RV. Switching from a Jayco which had overall quality this has been a huge disappointment. A lot of minor issues that clearly show lack of QC in the factory, but the big issue is a water leak. Sealant was peeling on the roof (less than 3 months old). The ride is horrendous. Feel like a ping pong ball between the trucks on the road and every little bump goes right up my spine. Forest River is now taking it back to the manufacturing facility to see if they can fix the leak since it has been addressed at the dealer 3 times now. Dealer stated "all of their FR are leaking". While I applaud FR for responding and taking it back to repair, I am not likely to purchase again due to lack of QC in the manufacturing process. Why don't these manufacturers personally test their own products???
- Ronald Hicks, New Jersey

2017-06-19 2015 Forest River Georgetown 310DS View Listings

This is my second Georgetown. Had a 2007 model for 5 years and it was excellent. Just change oil and drive it. We used it for 5 months every winter with no issues. Have had the 2015 for two years and have had absolutely not issues. Good value for the money.
- Murray Reiter, British Columbia

2017-03-17 2013 Forest River Georgetown 351 View Listings

I own a 2013 Georgetwn 351 with faux leather interior which is peeling an crackg every place u touch even where the seat cushions meet on the sofa. I have never lived in it, it is just me & my husband in our 60's and there are numerous complaints starting in 2011 thru at least 2014. Forest River advised me it was referred to management and because of the age and 2nd ownership they WOULD NOT Assist with the WARRANTY. I was told by the dealer they DID warranty a 2014 with this problem. They gave me the number for the furniture manufacturer to contact about seat covers. Who would I want more of the same TRASH. U MUST READ ALL THE PROBLEMS WTH FAUX LEATHER TO BELIEVE.
- candy duvieilh, Louisiana

2017-02-02 2012 Forest River Georgetown 303DS View Listings

Easy to pull with my 1/2 ton Silverado, sets up fast, easy to maintain, easy to keep clean, everything is functional and working, the farthest I've ever been is Destin, Florida.
- David Flanary, Alabama

2017-02-02 2012 Forest River Georgetown 303DS View Listings

- David Flanary, Alabama

2016-10-29 2015 Forest River Georgetown 310DS View Listings

We have enjoyed our new Georgetown very much. Had a 2007 unit before that we found very good. We had a few very minor issues with our new one. One blind did not work right and one window aasy needed replacing. I would recommend them to anyone wanting a reliable coach at an appealing price. I think it is the best bang for the buck available to
- Murray Reiter, California