Forest River Forester RVs Reviews (25)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Forest River Forester RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Karin Fischer from Colorado says:

Have you owned any Forest River Forester RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Forest River Forester 3011DS View Listings

So disappointed. A beautiful RV but obviously NO QC. They just drove it off the assembly line and hoped it was all good. Picked it up in May of 2016 from dealer in Wheat Ridge Co. AC did not work right, ice-maker was broken plus there was a leak, stereo did not work right, solar hook-up did not work, oven was broken, water pump broke and the list goes on. It has been a disaster. How disappointing to pay this kind of money and have so much wrong with it. It continues to sit in the RV repair place - another summer passing us by and tons of money for registration, storage and mortgage being thrown out the window. I liken this to the stock crash that took almost all of our retirement money. We do have a person at Forest River that we are working with and things are getting done - but ever so slowly. It would be a whole lot easier and more professional to head off these issues with a good Quality Check program. Plus, it was difficult to find a garage that would take our RV. Had it back at the service center that we bought it from but they were useless. The RV is now with All Stars RV - the only place that had the capacity to help. It is really gut wrenching and all we can do is wait. Stay clear of Forest River.
- Karin Fischer, Colorado

2019-05-23 2017 Forest River Forester 3011DS Ford View Listings

We bought this RV in Madison Wisconsin at Camping World. They were real sweet until we signed the papers. Then all the trouble started. First of all the extended warranty they pushed on us was only for the coach they didn’t mention anything about the chassis. When I had a problem they said oh we don’t cover that so sorry. Make sure you know what your paying for. I had to make about 8 100 mile round trips for warranty work and very little was accomplished. The radio gps CD player stopped working they looked at it took it out and said it was fine. It still didn’t word. Drove 1500 miles with out a radio. Lots of fun huh. I had to shell out ove 400 dollars for a new one and installed it myself. Had it in to get the roof washed and treated,they said it was done. They wanted 350 dollars for this. I walk out and went up the latter and nothing done. Told them to kiss my ass I’m not paying. The back panel in the bedroom was ruined in shipping the said they would order a new one. Haven’t head a thing in 2 years go figure. The generator stopped working,took it in to have it looked at,they said it had bad gasoline and didn’t fix it another wasted trip. Had it in. 4 times to get a car towing package put on it. The mechanic said he’s been doing this for over 30 years he knows what he’s doing. After 4 tries I told their people at the front desk that wanted my money back. They calmed me down and said they would try another brand of brake system. This one works thank the Lord. 3 windows and one out side speaker leaked,one window still leaks a little. It’s very noisy to drive down the road. Every thing shakes and rattles. Especially the stovetop,that will drive you nuts. And every time you get passed by a semi it push’s you over to the right about a foot. Other than that it’s a great rig. But I’ll tell you one thing,I’ll never buy anything from Camping World again there service is terrible and who ever makes Foresters their quality control sucks the big one. Don’t be fooled buy these guys all their out for is money nothing else. Make sure you test drive a thing before you buy it. Buyers beware in this RV business.
- Danny Gould, Florida

2019-01-01 2014 Forest River Forester 2251SLE View Listings

EXCELLENT 4 DAY BOON-DOCKER: I bought this RV new and it has been very reliable and fun to use. It maneuvers like a full size pick-up truck. It has lots of storage space in the external and internal compartments. Setting it up takes less than 30 minuets. Is fully self contained and will last up to four days on a battery charge and its waste tanks if used properly. The built in generator charges the batteries from 1/3 to full capacity in about 3-4 hrs. With a full fuel tank the generator will run continuously approximately 30 hrs and leave approximately 175 mile driving range in tank.
- Jerry McElrea, Ontario

Verified Owner

2018-12-15 2016 Forest River Forester 3051S View Listings

Forest River doesn’t stand behind their product. Trying to get out of this as soon as I can. Roof bubbles which is obviously a defect. 12 year warranty on roof and they won’t honor their own warranty. Don’t buy a Forest River product.
- Jimmy, Mississippi

2018-11-13 2017 Forest River Forester 2501TS View Listings

We love this model! We looked at dozens of Class Cs and this one has the best utilization of space for a 26 foot class C hands down. There is tons of exterior storage, including the huge pass thru under the bed. We can all of our outside living items, including 3 36" high dog pens that we put together for a dog yard and our corn hole set. That's just in one storage bin and there are 6 more! The bed is really comfy and the pull down shades make it nice and dark. The upper bunk is roomy enough for adults and also really comfortable. The kitchen is very functional and offers plenty of storage including a pantry and a knife holder, which is really handy. There are doors to separate the bathroom and bedroom from the living area, so there is privacy and accessibility at the same time. I love driving this! The seats are very comfortable on long drives, and I use the bluetooth connection to play podcasts thru the radio. The rear camera is great, I don't really use the side cameras. It is super is easy to back this into tight spots. It can be a noisy drive, the door seems to be the loudest feature, but I fixed that with extra weather stripping. I really like the MyRV control system, I haven't had any problems with it and it's pretty cool to be able to turn all of the lights on with one touch. The floor lighting is a nice feature for dark nights. We installed a solar system & inverter so we don't need the generator, but when I do turn it on it starts right up and is so much quieter than a potable. I even like the U-shaped dinette. We make it into a bed for our dogs to ride comfortably and sleep on. They can see out the window and love that. We have not had any problems in the 1.5 years that we've owned it. It is much higher quality than so many of the other RVs we looked at.
- maggie, Idaho

2018-10-02 2014 Forest River Forester 2251SLE View Listings

I have owned this RV since it was new and have enjoyed every minute with it. Great driving vehicle feels like driving a pickup, very maneuverable. lots of room for two adults and two kids. Good boon docker, batteries last 4 days and charge in a few hours with the built in generator. lots of room for storage under unit. Added a few extras like storage trunk, bike rack and motorcycle trailer so it suits my needs depending on my trip whether golfing, camping with grandchildren or touring the mountains on my motorcycle. Great home away from home.
- Jerry McElrea, Ontario

2018-09-10 2008 Forest River Forester 3121DS View Listings

Livability: Would have given this a 5 star except for the TV placement. A bit difficult to see in the seating areas. Overall Quality: Only a very few small items to repair after a 7+ yrs. Main problem after 8+ yrs. would be the exterior clear coating. Floor plan: A side hallway; my favorite of any RV I have ever owned or been in. Driving/Towing: Coming from an experienced semi-driver of 15 yrs. "An easy handling vehicle." Manu. Warranty: No experience other that attending a Forest River Rally where they attended to a TV antenna problem. This was fixed promptly and correctly and there has been no problem since this.
- Jeanette Petri, Indiana

2018-08-29 2018 Forest River Forester 2421MS View Listings

We bought a brand new forest river motorhome in April, it is literally falling apart, we got to use it twice a total of 6 nights, the slide leaked and soaked the whole bedroom because forest river did not put the seals in, we had to leave from vacation in the middle of the night, it now has water damage it has been at golden gait trailers for 4 weeks and now forest river wants to put 1500 miles on it to take it to Indiana to fix it and they will have it for months! When you pay $89,000 for something that is brand new this should not happen! We have other issues with the camper this is just the biggest of them all! From looking at other review we can see that we made a huge mistake in purchasing this RV, apparently must of their RVs fall apart!
- Ashley Humphrey, North Carolina

2018-08-27 2015 Forest River Forester 2501TS View Listings

We've owned this RV for almost 4 years and overall we're very pleased. This is our first RV. Small enough that it's easy to drive. Ours is on a Chevy chassis and doesn't seem to have as much power as Ford. Strains to tow our 4-door Jeep on hills. With 3 slides it makes the space inside plentiful for short stays. Living room/kitchen space is pretty small for longer stays. No major issues with components until this year when A/C quit and had to be replaced. Window awnings had to be replaced when only 2 1/2 years old due to dry-rot. I would recommend this RV for weekenders or short stays.
- Ken M., District of Columbia

2018-08-19 2016 Forest River Forester 2401R View Listings

Although we have only driven this RV about 7,000, the only issue we've had was a water leak under the shower (after warranty expired). The RV is comfortable to drive and comfortable to stay in. I think it's a little small to live in, but my husband and I have done well on a 2-week trip. I like the floor plan with the two slide-outs -- one for the dinette and one for the back queen-size bed. I would purchase this motorhome again.
- Barbara May, California

2018-07-30 2016 Forest River Forester 2251 View Listings

I purchased my forest river from dealer in Lakewood New Jersey I immediately had problems with plumbing electric and a few other things. Camping world of Lakewood New Jersey was useless in the leaving any of these problems so I contacted Forest River Wirh some success initially . They sent out the parts to repair the broken awning arm and city water connection . Within the first 5000 Miles I had to replace all of the water connections which were cheap plastic and had cracked . I further had to replace the control panel for the Big Foot leveling systen with no help from Forest River after numerous calls . The USB ports inside rig are substandard and only some work . The tile on the kitchen wall is falling off . This rig had many options that appeared impressive but it’s construction was of low value with cheap parts used .
- Mike, New York

2018-06-22 2016 Forest River Forester 3051S View Listings

Owned since new in 2016. Had numerous warranty issues. Was in shop for over two months to fix warranty issues. Leak in the back window area in the bedroom. Ruined the walls. The floor squeaked in living area but they did not fix that. The radio LED dimmed so you couldn't see it but they didn't replace radio. The main TV connection burned and had to be replaced. The refrigerator developed a leak in the waterline and we replaced the line. Numerous other issues were completed. Now today we went to check on our RV in storage (outdoor) and had leakage over the cab and has ruined the ceiling and the bunk bed area. Saw water leaking outside and went in and saw the damage. This is definitely a manufacturing defect on the seal line on the roof. We will be contacted the dealership for repair. Warranty has run out of course but hoping they will honor the defect. Only has 3,000 miles on it and hasn't been driven on any long trips yet. Also, the water filter froze this past winter and cracked, so will have to remove that for the upcoming winter season. Husband loves the drive ability of the coach but isn't happy with the layout of the coach. We waited a long time for this unit to be available and finally it was in 2016. Now regretting out purchase.
- Patsy S Bass, Georgia

2018-05-16 2017 Forest River Forester 3011DS Ford View Listings

With the full body paint in the factory Mocha paint scheme, this is one of the most beautiful Class C’s on the road. With the floor plan including two comfortable recliners and two slides, it is also one of the most enjoyable and livable designs. This “C” drives like a dream and will cruise at the speed limit all day long. The drainage system is unique in that it is all internal to the body, with no part of the plumbing hanging down beneath the coach. Hotel quality mattress, residential quality cabinetry and no carpeting you will enjoy every minute staying in this gorgeous coach.
- G. Winkey, Washington

2018-05-16 2017 Forest River Forester 3011DS Ford View Listings

We have enjoyed this RV. It is so comfortable, easy to drive, and spacious. The 4 door fridge sure is handy. The bed has the most comfortable bed, the shower is spacious. We love it! Due to surgery, we can’t travel like we used to. We’ll even throw in the extended warranty that we bought for 5000.00. Everywhere we go people love the paint job. After each trip we sanitize the coach, and make it spotless—-even the wheels. It’s spacious, comfortable and a woman’s dream!
- Cheryle, Washington

2018-05-08 2015 Forest River Forester 2501TS View Listings

the rv is very nice i will buy one soon.a 26 ft rv with three slide and room for all the kids and stuff to go on bit trip a 2015 forester is one of the best rv out thereso hve fun and enjoy the summer going camping
- joe, Oregon

2018-04-28 2016 Forest River Forester 3051S View Listings

The RV has spent as much time in the dealers repair shop as my garage. The first year I owned it the only milage I got on it was driving back and forth to the dealer. Several defects were repaired under warranty. Problems continued, after the one year warranty expired the dealership found a factory defect in the installation of the refrigerator , a slow leak in the water line attached to the ice maker After agreeing with the dealership to repairing it under warranty they now are arguing with dealership over shop hour required to fix the damage caused by the water leak. The RV has been withe dealership since April 26th, with over 20 request to Forester Rivers warranty repair repair representative M.Janokowski the only reply is "Auth. still in request status-RMK" Since I have owned the RV I have been only able to take to trips with it, the last one without able to use the onboard water system. Numerous problems with the slide, electrical systems, a mattress that was installed backwards to hide the fact it did not fit the pedestal are only of few of the problems with this RV and Forest Rivers customer service.
- Derrell Hilgers, Washington

2018-04-27 2014 Forest River Forester 3011DSF View Listings

WE downsized from a Class A 37' but still enjoyed the size and comfort. We are amazed how many sleeping spaces there are.... even compared to the larger class A. The wife can now help drive since she would not drive the bus...!!! Only regret is getting used to a Queen again. Got spoiled with the King Size bed and suite with the extra half bath.
- Jim Travell, Texas

2017-11-14 2016 Forest River Forester 3051S View Listings

Several issues. A leak from faulty valve fittings. Both radios have issues. leveling jacks have issues. slide does not work roller is defective. less than 3,000 miles used 20 times at best.whats next?
- Debra L Dobrowski, Ohio

2017-09-24 2017 Forest River Forester 2501TS View Listings

I have owned from tent trailers, trailers,5th wheels and Motor Homes over the past 30years this is by far has the poorest quality and workmanship I have ever seen. There is definitely no quality control process involved. This is not a line workers issue, this builder Cleary has the most unqualified management team in the industry and should be ashamed to collect a pay check.
- dan, California

2017-03-29 2014 Forest River Forester 3011DS View Listings

A comfortable RV to drive and to live in during short or long trips. Plenty of room to relax even with guest. Outside TV and radio is very nice for tailgating or watching the NASCAR race on Sunday afternoon. Yes the shower is small but I figured out the shower moves to clean my 6'4" 220 lb self and have hot water left over.
- Mann, Georgia

2017-02-23 2015 Forest River Forester 3051SS View Listings

I have owned my motorhome for 2 Years, with 12000, miles on it runs great. The leveling jacks work well on level ground but are a challenge when not on level ground. There is road noise but not bad. Plenty of room for 6-8 people. Heater is very quite and puts out plenty of heat, same for air conditioner, works great when needed. Gas milage is about 10 mpg.
- james Hort, New Jersey

2016-05-17 2007 Forest River Forester 3101 View Listings

This is a great RV. This is our 4th RV. We have had several and in our 40 years of RVing this is the best one yet. It is an upgrade from the basic models we have had. It is a nice unit, fairly new, low mileage. We replaced the dining cushions, sofa, and chair so it is basically new, except for the original carpet, but it is in good condition. This unit is in very good condition, as you can tell by the low mileage. We are selling it as we are getting older and are not traveling as much.
- Bernice, Virginia

2016-03-17 2013 Forest River Forester 3011DS View Listings

I purchased my RV to see if we would enjoy living the RV life into retirement. I was concerned about feeling cramped or it not feeling like a home away from home. I quickly realized that it was such an enjoyable RELAXING experience after our first 2 trips. The Forester has so much storage room we have never used it all and the interior set up we chose was idea we never felt boxed in and after adding a few decorative touches it felt like home. I am looking forward to retirement in a few years so that I can have more time to spend exploring out west. We have always towed a trailer for a motorcycle and bicycles and found that with the rear view camera it was easy to make sure everything was safe and secure. The Ford E450 also made towing that extra weight no problem at all. We are considering a toy hauler because we have 2 motorcylces now.
- Cynthia, Pennsylvania

2016-03-15 2013 Forest River Forester 3011DS View Listings

I love the kitchen counter space, the position of the TV can be seen from the dining area or sofa. The bedroom area closes off with the bath to give large dressing area. Shower is large & the storage is awesome. Bed has over head reading lights and the new memory foam mattress is extremely comfortable. Its easy to keep clean and the outside awning was large enough for furniture and a motorcycle to be underneath it. Having an automatic leveler was such a time saver and no getting dirty setting up blocks underneath your RV!
- Cynthia , Pennsylvania

2016-02-01 2014 Forest River Forester 3011DS View Listings

With airbags driving experience is good. I like the layout bed is comfortable. Forest River gives you a good bang for your buck.
- Ernest D Feltman, Georgia