Forest River Forester MBS Reviews on RV Insider (16)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Forest River Forester MBS RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Carola Beck Wingert from Florida says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Forest River Forester MBS 2401W View Listings

This RV is easy to maneuver and park. It rides great is easy on gas and fits into tight spaces. It hooks up with ease. It looks like and feels like a tiny house that you can drive. The storage is good they used the space nicely. It has everything you need. I love taking trips not having to pull over unload and pay for a hotel. This is a well build Class C. You start it and it goes. We love it.
- Carola Beck Wingert, Florida

2020-09-17 2017 Forest River Forester MBS 2400WS View Listings

This drives like a dream. It is quiet powerful diesel. The side and back up cameras make it easy to park and change lanes. There is spacious room when full side slide is not open. When the slide is open it is a comfortable room. A full bathroom is a a great attribute. A Microwave, stove top ,Cable TV/Stereo(inside), and speakers outside make it a home a way from home. The low mileage (28,000) says this Mercedes Benz Diesel V6 motor and chassis are going to be around for a long. The Onan propane generator says that you can camp any where. You will be very pleased to own this RV and not pay for the original price. This is a great deal, and a lot of happy/fun memories, are to be made.
- Lynn A. Hayward, Florida

2020-08-29 2019 Forest River Forester MBS 2401W View Listings

I owned this new 2019 Forester for a total of 5 months or 14000 miles. I bought it in February when it became apparent that my husband could no longer fly to Arizona for his monthly treatments. This small Class C on a Mercedes Sprinter Chassis seemed just right, sleek looking, not much larger than a truck, fast and economic to drive, spacious floor plan for the night. I might have gotten a lemon, but this unit was poorly made, using cheap plastics for locks and latches that constantly broke; Outside compartments kept opening up in mid-drive and could not be reliably locked; The glue used was sub-standard, the floor discolored, the rubber cover on the stair cover came off, sending me flying to the floor, the bathroom mirror came loose, the wood looking paper veneer peeled off; The hub cap came off almost immediately; Something was wrong with the electronics, when it rained, the LED park lights stayed on for a few days; The touch-screen monitor was temperamental and didn't work reliably all the time; the waste tank handles didn't close the valves properly, showering me with gunk every time I opened the sewer cap. I suffered through the first few repairs in good humor, being able to schedule them between my trips to the hospital, BUT when the slide-out malfunctioned on the 5th trip, leaving me stranded until Road Service jammed the slide back in, breaking the trim, gaskets, rails inside, leaving openings for wind, dust, insects, hot air and yes, vermin to come inside, when I was not able to schedule warranty repairs before the summer was over with any of the Forest River dealers in Montana or Arizona (when Co-Vid hit in earnest and America discovered camping, repair appointments were months out) Forest River Customer service initially proposed that I drive it broken with 4 x 4's holding in the slide, which I tried for 1500 miles, but gave up when the A/C gave out because of the excessive heat coming in. I did receive a very nice letter from the CEO, Peter Liegl, assuring me that Forest River is very interested, and that somebody would be in touch. I could not wait any longer and traded the lemon in at great financial loss to me. I gave the floor plan 3 stars, because when the slide works, it is spacious and quite wonderful. In fact, my new unit has the same floor plan, albeit quality and workmanship are far superior.
- Beate von Stutterheim, Montana

2020-07-27 2018 Forest River Forester MBS 2401W View Listings

Well the MB part of this Lemon is doing just fine. Only complaint was that RV Wholesalers did a poor job of acquainting me with the emergency brake dual positions because of the rotating front seats. It cost me $175 at a Sprinter center in San Diego to get “educated” The quality of this a Forest River product is terrible. Many circuit breakers routeenly pop. Many electronic components have failed; central control unit failed, microwave has failed, main TV has failed, coach radio failed, contact paper finish on cabinets has pealed, drawers have broken, etc. etc. This product is a piece of junk. Getting product support while traveling is impossible. Forest River dealers refuse to do warranty work if you didn’t buy it from them. Warren Buffet is getting rich and his customers are royally screwed. Do not buy a Forest River product, unless you can stand operating a lemon! There is just no excuse for such poor quality and reliability and a warranty plan that is useless. Shame on Warren Buffet. I want a refund for this LEMON!
- Craig Rhodes, Arizona

2020-06-16 2016 Forest River Forester MBS 2401W View Listings

This 2016 has been a dream. No problems! Bought it used with 7200 miles. Gets great gas mileage and is very reliable. The mbs diesel gets approximately 16 miles to a gallon. Great for long RV trips. No issues to date. Stored in a garage. Has 20K miles. Everything works great!
- RJ, Arkansas

2020-02-19 2016 Forest River Forester MBS 2401W View Listings

I have spent more money on repairs than I have camping! Bought this rig brand new as I wanted something dependable. Water dripped on my mothers head on the way home and I thought the passenger door leaked because the seals appeared loose. Turns out the window in bunk area leaked, improper installation, ruined bed,repaired. Radio kept cutting out on the way home, and the GPS is way too small to read. Satellite radio antenna should be mounted on top of rig but it's not and cuts out continually. Weather stripping popped out on front seams of MH, replaced. Electric stairs quit working, repaired and now quit again. Multiple slide issues. New seal installed and shop recommended a repair they claim was a manufacturing defect. FR would not authorize replacement until broken...guess what, in the shop again for slide issues. Nothing like being multiple states away from home and having your slide malfunction with 3 seniors needing to sleep. I'm posting this from memory as my book of repairs is in the RV at the shop.
- Claudia, California

2019-11-16 2018 Forest River Forester MBS 2401W View Listings

Bought ours new in November 2017 at Motorhomes 2 Go in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Paid to have shower handles raised. Changed out bath door handle (which failed) and cupboard handles for a softer open. Got the Big Foot levelers. A few small issues: shower drain installed crooked - now dealing with it cracked. LED reading lights above bed burned out. Have to reset power switch to get stereo to Bluetooth. Wished we’d been given the upgrade options for the hands free steering wheel & radio/screen.
- John & Paula Heppner, Colorado

2019-10-05 2016 Forest River Forester MBS 2401W View Listings

Purchased new, wanted something dependable! 1st trip out, moldings were loose inside and outside unit, black and grey water handles were reversed, window in bunk area improperly installed and leaked in upper bunk unit, had to replace mattress. The GPS screen is too small, the Satellite radio antenna improperly installed s/b mounted on top of roof. Other trips my electric steps went out, replaced motor now out again! Slideout malfunctioned. My service people said there's a mfg defect with the Schwintek in-wall. Forest River would only authorize replacement of parts failed! Last trip out slide failed again and a roller fell off! My RV guy could not repair it, the whole slide will have to be removed. The frameless crank out windows do not provide adequate ventilation. The unit is easy to drive and setup as long as everything is working. Not fun driving in windy conditions. I just wish the engine shifted down to lower gears when braking downhill.
- Claudia, California

2019-09-04 2018 Forest River Forester MBS 2401W View Listings

We just picked up our new 2018 Forester 2401W from RV Wholesalers in Lakeview, Ohio. I sure hope they take care of our numerous problems quickly. Here they are: 1) Slide and awning do not extend after just one day. 2) Coach stereo died the 1st day. 3) Main TV does not accept any commands from remotes. 4) Sprinter maintenance display says we are 34 days overdue to maintenance A. A $950 expense. We can't use the RV because the slide needs to extend to use the bed. Other than that, the Mercedes Sprinter part is great to drive. Got 13MPG over the 1st 2000 mile drive to AZ. I'm told that will greatly improve after the engine is broken in at about 7500 miles.
- Craig Rhodes, Arizona

2019-08-02 2016 Forest River Forester MBS 2401W View Listings

Purchased new in 2016 Forester but has been a horrible experience . This class C has been nothing but a money pit . New this and that in past several years . Resealed roof in June 2019 and experienced water inside the RV and believe roof defective and water runs down awning and slide out into the RV . This RV definitely not worth the price and high cost to maintain MB engine . Has any other Forester owner experienced similar water leakage into Forester RV ? Only have 8000 miles which was mileage from manufacturer to CA to now FL. Nothing but $$$$$ spent on the RV. Poor design and construction
- Michael Palella , Florida

2019-06-06 2018 Forest River Forester MBS 2401W View Listings

Overall my experience with the Forester 2401W has been a positive one. In the course of two longer road trips systems worked as they should with one exception. The cable for the black tank dump valve seized and had to be replaced. The very comfortable seats in the cockpit makes long tips effortless. The driving and handling experience has been good since I had a Roadmaster anti sway stabilizer installed on the front. The ease of maneuvering in gas stations and other tight areas has been one of the best features of the unit. The power of the Mercedes diesel is surprising never loosing any speed when using cruise control on any incline. Depending on wind and road conditions the average MPG ranged from 13.5 to 16 at 60 to 65 MPH.
- James Wright, Florida

2019-01-25 2016 Forest River Forester MBS 2400R View Listings

The 2400R Forest River Sunseeker is a fantastic vehicle. We used it to discover which town we wanted to live in the Western U.S. Now that we have purchased a home in our selected town, we no longer need the vehicle for our ‘traveling research'. This will be a terrific RV for the next owner!
- Jake, California

2019-01-17 2017 Forest River Forester MBS 2401W View Listings

in the beginning of 2016 when, after living retired in Ecuador for over 2 years, I got the bug to buy a motorhome and divide my time between living abroad and traveling in the US. After months of research I decided on a brand new motorhome and, in the fall of 2016, spent 3 months traveling across the country from from East to West. Since that trip I've returned a number of times, traveling mostly in California and the West. My new motorhome was a 2017 Forest River Forester 2401W. It s a 25 unit built on the very popular Mercedes Sprinter chassis with 3.0L Turbo Diesel. But the coolest thing, and the reason I chose this unit, is the slide out. Unlike many other vehicles of it s kind/size, the whole drivers side is a slide out, opening to a pretty big space that includes a very comfortable foam queen bed. Unusual for such a compact unit. It s absolutely the perfect RV for those who want a unit small and maneuverable enough for those beautiful, challenging scenic drives and large enough to spend several months traveling and living in. I've loved it.
- Ric Shellhammer, California

2018-12-17 2016 Forest River Forester MBS 2400R View Listings

So far, my experience has been above average for this travel trailer. It looks great from the inside and outside. I am a single RV'er… This floor plan works for me. It has a slide out that opens up the living space! Love that feature... The fold out table is a bit cumbersome to handle as it tucks away behind the jackknife couch. Back breaker as the table got some weight to it... May look to replace this with the Rubbermaid foldable table as it is a bit lighter. Lots and lots of storage for sure! The standard features for this trailer are great! It comes with a Winegard TV signal booster! The TV location is great specially when you are laying on the bed. The farm style sink rocks! It is comparably huge and no problem washing big things on the sink. Downfall is no prep area as the sink size took the spot... The ductless AC works great for this size and a lot less headache compared to ducted AC. The black water tank flush port is the best thing ever made! Makes it so easy to clean. The shower with a door is awesome! It makes less of a mess and it is clean looking!. I have purchased a couple of smoke color Max Air Vent covers. It looks great as it matches well with what is up on the roof! The slide topper is on order and the next great investment for my Cub is the instant hot water heater. For 1 person camping the 6 gallon is plenty for me...But knowing that I can take endless showers is awesome on all seasons!. I have yet to find out if the awning has a way to tilt. I can see it collect water during the rainy days.. It opens straight out. Not a big deal for me. The outside comes with a PAW TV mount but you would have to find the match for the TV. All other "PAW" look alike WILL NOT WORK. The other big thing for me is the wiring terminal/Circuit Breaker that is mounted along the front tongue. It is out in the elements and I do not see this lasting! As an electrical engineer, this would have to be protected and changed. I tow this with my 2016 Chevy Colorado Duramax Diesel. I added a weight distribution hitch and it tows great!
- Jon D, Georgia

2018-04-29 2016 Forest River Forester MBS 2401WSD View Listings

Purchased new in 2016. Put 4000 miles on it and it has been in and out of the shop ever since. Extremely poor workmanship on the coach, pieces missing or broken, generator not working, bathroom not vented properly, steps not working properly, awning defective, wiring defective under drivers seat,hydraulic supports defective, tail lights defective, exterior seams pulling apart and the latest---the roof of the cab filling with water over the winter. So far the manufacture has been most helpful but it is still a $100,000 mistake.
- Ted Heim, Idaho

2017-11-09 2016 Forest River Forester MBS 2401R View Listings

This unit drives better than my pickup truck. It is smooth as silk. I'm not happy with clean burning diesel engine technology from Mercedes, however. The dinette is very uncomfortable. The rear slide can not be opened if there is a bike carrier mounted on the rear hitch receiver. The convection microwave is mounted too high for shorter people. I have a tough time at 6' 3". There is a subfloor void in one corner of the shower. The refrigerator only works optimally using shore power. DC and propane operation is horrendous! You can see daylight around areas of the main entry door rubber gasket. Forest River full body paint jobs could be better quality too. They need to apply more coats of clearcoat to fully protect the finish. All things considered, I'd rate this unit a 6 out of 10. Forest River could do better with many quality aspects in the building of this model. I will never buy from them again
- Don Morse, Georgia