Forest River Forester LE Reviews on RV Insider (4)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Forest River Forester LE RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Dave from California says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2015 Forest River Forester LE 2251LE View Listings

I recently bought a 2015 Forest River Forester 2251LE sitting on a 4500 Chevy frame. We’ve taken it out a couple of times now, one trip with full hookup and the other was dry camping. I have some experience pulling trailers in the past but this is my first RV so I’m definitely a rookie when it comes to RV’s. Interior – For the most part it is just my wife and I on the road in our RV and this Forester is perfect for us. I walked through several RV’s before I bought this one and for the most part they all have the same basic amenities of about the same sizes and function. The feature that made this RV standout from the rest was the slide out queen size bed. In this entry level class RV it seemed that you had to squeeze into the rear bed area in other RV models. The slide out on the Forester made it so you can walk around the foot and partially around the side of the bed. This is a great feature that makes the RV seem bigger than it is. We like the look of the interior and so far everything has worked well. Everything on the inside seems to be made to last but time will tell. Exterior – For RV rookies like me it will take a bit to get use to the width of the RV and the added width of the side mirrors. Driving home from the dealer on highways and side roads it felt like I was going to hit the telephone poles or other vehicles around me. I’m assuming this 8’5” width is normal for RV’s and something all RV’ers have to get used to. Functionally I’m happy with the outside components. I’ve used the dump system a couple of times and it was very simple and intuitive to use. The black and grey pull handles were easy to get to. They are on opposite sides which seems strange to me but maybe that is normal. The storage bins are ok but I ran out of space pretty quickly. I’m guessing this is normal for small RV’s like this one and the slide out may have taken away from some of the storage room outside. The bins are made of plastic and are screwed in from what I can tell as opposed to strapped in. I do worry a bit that these bins cannot hold up to much weight in them without pulling out the screws – time will tell. Engine – The v8 6 liter engine (I think that is it’s size) has proven to be plenty of engine for the size of the RV. One of our trips we drove up into some hills and on another we drove on some steady up hills inclines on a freeway and in both cases we had no problem with power. I pulled a small trailer of about 2,000 lb on one of the trips and pretty much could not tell it was there. I really appreciate the transmission that is in this RV. It is smooth and did some type of down shifting as we were going downhill so I did not have to manually down shift to save the brakes. The breaking system seems to be well sized for the RV and makes me feel pretty comfortable stopping this 10,000+ lb vehicle when I need to. Ride and feel – When testing different RV’s I got to sit in a Ford version and Chevy version of this RV. I felt like I could see over the hood better on the Chevy. In addition to that the Ford model cut into the passenger foot area so they have to sit at a bit of an angle. In the Chevy model we bought it is loud when on the road. Some of the noise is engine and some is exterior noise from the road. My biggest complaint and really my only complaint is the handling is terrible. When I hit small dips in the road the RV bobs back and forth like a rocking horse. When we turn into a driveway or when we were going up some moderately windy roads the RV leaned pretty heavily. This is a tall vehicle so I would expect some of this but as I watched other equivalent sized RV’s on the road they did not seem to bob and lean as much as this one.
- Dave, California

2020-07-10 2019 Forest River Forester LE 2251S View Listings

This has been our first RV and has made our little weekend get aways easy and effortless. We have enjoyed the quality and upgrades that our RV has to offer. This camper is small enough to take anywhere including State Parks, Camp grounds and dry camping. We have enjoyed camping so much that we are planning longer trips. The only reason to sell is to purchase a bigger coach that will carry us into retirement.
- Melissa Crespo, Florida

2020-07-03 2018 Forest River Forester LE 3251DS View Listings

***Pay attention to warranty/service reviews. They speak to the true nature of a company. Any retailer can put up a façade to make a sale.*** Purchased from Ron Hoover because of the Forest River name. Forest River is owned by Berkshire Hathaway. Warren Buffet would be ashamed to know how Ron Hoover handles their service and warranty department. After purchasing a BRAND NEW, albeit one year old RV off the lot; (2018 model purchased in 2019) and putting 1,500 miles on the odometer, we discovered major quality and workmanship issues and filed a claim. To name a few issues: -Leak in the roof over the cab bunk which resulted in rotted wood under the bunk. -Forward slide leaked around the weather seal rotting the floor in the dining room, living room, and kitchen) -Fresh Water tank leaked under the master bed causing black mold and requiring the frame be replaced. -Rear slide weather seal leaked and the bedroom floor needed to be replaced. (To name a few.... Did I mention this was a new RV?) We have now owned our RV for just under 1 year. It has spent 7 months with Ron Hoover's laughable warranty and service department with no light at the end of the tunnel. We have to call repeatedly for updates, no work has been completed to date, and the last we heard, "the parts we need weren't on the supply truck so we can't complete the work." 7 MONTHS!!! In the time our RV has been in for warranty work, the entire 2021 Forrest River has been built. Ron Hoover, an "authorized dealer and service center" doesn't have the ability to repair seals and floors in their own RVs. When we pressed for answers the Warranty Department stated, "Well, you did buy last years model." Let me get this straight; Ron Hoover has such little faith in their product, that if a Brand New RV sits on their lot for 1 year, they expect it to catastrophically fail when driven 1500 miles. If this sounds like your kind of RV and dealership, go right ahead. After several months of nothing happening, we made a trip up to try and speak with someone in person. Must have been our lucky day. We spoke with non other than Chris Hoover who said he would personally ensure the RV was repaired in a timely manner. He's either a typical smoke and mirrors sales person, or has zero control over the company he is CEO of; as two more months have gone by with zero effort made. If you are the type of person that wants to enjoy their RV and receive reasonable service when needed, AVOID RON HOOVER. On the other hand, if you enjoy stubbing your toes on corners, smashing your thumb while hammering nails, or brain freezes while eating ice cream, this may be the RV Dealer of your dreams. I don't normally write reviews, but this has to get out. If you are spending the money for a quality RV, you can do so much better than a Forest River by Ron Hoover.
- Hunter Ryan, Texas

2019-10-17 2016 Forest River Forester LE 2251SLE View Listings

Good size, easy to drive , everything you need in a small package , reasonably priced , easy maintenance, overall, very happy with it, simple enough for any 1st time Rv user, and all the appliances on it are tried and true stuff, easy repair if ever needed, 3 years having it, not a single problem, just love it
- Kevin chang, California