Forest River Flagstaff Super Lite Reviews on RV Insider (15)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Forest River Flagstaff Super Lite RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Mike Gossard from Pennsylvania says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2020 Forest River Flagstaff Super Lite 26FKBS View Listings

The floor plan is outstanding, everything we were looking for. The build quality is excellent and user friendly. These campers are NOT 1/2 ton towable and the weights listed are far from accurate. The aerodynamics of this design make it tow miserable at best. We purchased it to travel with however based on how poorly it tows are currently looking to trade it. Only used twice and both times bringing it home regretted the purchase.
- Mike Gossard , Pennsylvania

2020-07-31 2017 Forest River Flagstaff Super Lite 26RLWS View Listings

The most awesome travel trailer I’ve ever owned. As many RV Hobbyists know, when you first buy any RV they have quirks. Expect a couple of trips back to service if you’re newbie status. Of course the water pump was malfunctioning when we were on our first trip. I called the factory and they said “where are you now” I said “Newport Oregon, headed to Eureka California. They said “one moment sir”. Two minutes later, “there’s a pump and a tech waiting for me in Coos Bay sir. Can you stop by in the AM tomorrow?” So I did and they fixed it in a couple of hours while myself and fam ate breakfast. So to the good stuff. This thing is really really light! I toe with a 2012 Chevy 1500 4x4 z71 crew cab. I should use a brake controller but I don’t. I also don’t use sway control. These trailers tow like a dream because they are so light. We have 5 in the fam and no one sleeps on the floor. The young one sleeps on the stadium recliners. Also, the wife is super happy about the “side wardrobe”, it’s full size depth for a closet. The whole pop out in the back bedroom is for closet space. The layout of this rig is the best out of three RV’s I’ve owned. It’s really nice kicking back in the rear lounge chairs or stadium seating when watching Fire Stick or DVD’s with the kids. We love the outside hookups for the TV, Solar, and BBQ. That’s been one of the nicest things while at the lake or river. We just all hang out and cook, tell jokes, eat, play Corn Hole or whatever. Also, the rig is made with aluminum studs and roof instead of wood. At NASCAR we can all stand on the roof with zero issues. It’s strong as an ox. The slide out in the rear is huge and really opens up the rig for massive room. We don’t feel like we are on top of each other. Twin 7 gallon propane tanks last a week in 30 degree weather. The shower is nice for taller folks. I’m 6’2” and I have head clearance of 5 or 6 inches. The Jack and Jill bathroom is awesome from a layout standpoint. They also come stock with factory 4 weather insulation (my first rig like this). Last year we went to Montana, Washington, and Oregon to visit fam during Christmas. The wife and I stayed in the rig and the kids hung out with fam. I think it got down to 11 degrees one night. We never felt anything but 68 degrees warm in the rig. Warm and cool both. We are very impressed with three things: really light weight, insulation is superb, really roomy interior! Hope this helps y’all.
- Jake Caldwell, California

2020-07-27 2019 Forest River Flagstaff Super Lite 29RKWS View Listings

2 years of owning this piece of crap here is what all needed or needs repaired. The AC was too small requiring a second AC requiring an electric service upgrade. Total investment $2,000 Closet slide out roof seal not installed properly. Had dealer fix. Still not correct now has De-lamination. Main slide seal beginning to curl and come off Under mount sink fell through just supported with glue which failed. Kitchen window leaked Baggage doors leak both of them Water pump check valve failed. When connected to city inlet fills fresh water tank Propane pressure regulator failed starving hot water heater for gas. Also propane lines are now hoses front to back Awning motor almost dead. Extra slow. Covers blow off in transit 2 times across 3 trips Moldings come off Everywhere My advice don’t walk run away from these money pits. Everything from engineering issues to workmanship issues only had it for two years and 3 trips
- Matthew Harris, Kentucky

2020-06-08 2020 Forest River Flagstaff Super Lite 26FKBS View Listings

I looked high and low for the perfect floor plan for my needs, and I found it in this model. It does lack in outside storage, but a huge kitchen area with plenty of counter space and an extra large bedroom make up for it. Many features that would normally be upgrades come standard on this model. All the outside hose connections are in one area with easy access. And I do like the build in water filter. There were a few issues due to craftsmanship, but overall well build. It does have two grey tanks that I would prefer only needing to have one drain for sewage (or the two be closer together for the dump station). Overall I am happy with my purchase and one of Forest River's better brands.
- Brandon, Nevada

2020-06-04 2020 Forest River Flagstaff Super Lite 26RBWS View Listings

completely disappointed with the quality of forest River 38,000 dollar RV Junk. Cheap plastic on covers and doors, screens. Ive been living in this brand new RV for 2 months. Thank God the air handlers, shower and plumbing works. What a shame when they cut corners and leave you feeling like you made a huge mistake. Don't buy a river forest unit. Search on!!!!!
- Don warneke , Florida

2020-01-05 2016 Forest River Flagstaff Super Lite 26RLWS View Listings

Great floor plan for such a lite-weight camper. We have the smaller engine F150 and can hardly tell we're towing it. Love the 1 full slide out plus the closet slide out in bedroom. GREAT storage space for a 30'!
- Connie Olsen, Wisconsin

2019-12-15 2014 Forest River Flagstaff Super Lite 27RLWS View Listings

Space is valuable. The space in the 27RLWS Flagstaff is unbeatable- storage as well as comfort. All makes for easy pull and good travels. This travel trailer would make a great long term vacation vehicle due to its accommodations.
- Darnell Ellingsworth, Louisiana

2019-10-30 2018 Forest River Flagstaff Super Lite 27RKWS View Listings

Excellent construction and tows exceptionally well with an F-150. This particular floor plan is awesome, more spacious and storage than any other travel trailer of it’s size. Anyone owning one of these units will be extremely happy with it for years.
- Darryl , Texas

2019-10-22 2018 Forest River Flagstaff Super Lite 27RKWS View Listings

Love the floor space inside this travel trailer, the simplicity of setting up and packing up with everything being power controlled and it tows really well. Outdoor entertaining is fantastic with the outdoor mini kitchen and gas grill.
- Darryl, Texas

2019-09-28 2020 Forest River Flagstaff Super Lite 26RBWS View Listings

This is by far the most comfortable travel trailer we have owned. Very open floorpan. This trailer has so much storage space. Tows very well, much better than our previous 2504s Rockwood mini lite. We live in the mountains it has never been an issue towing with our Ford F150. The holding tanks are large, we have never run out of water. Everyone who enters it tells us it has a very open feel. The shower is sized like a home shower, it is a huge. The bedroom has no closets on either side of the head of the bed, instead a large bump out wardrobe. Because of all of this you have the feel of a bed at home with nightstands. On hot days it is cooler inside and cold days warmer, very temperature friendly. We have found no downside to this trailer. Best purchase ever!
- Lori Macalik, Colorado

2019-04-11 2016 Forest River Flagstaff Super Lite 27RLWS View Listings

We owned this the 2016 Flagstaff Super Lite 27RLWS for 3 years and towed it approximately 10,000 miles during that time. It came with a fold down couch that we felt to be uncomfortable and since we weren’t going to be taking people with us we decided to replace it after two years with a RecPro Theatre seating which matched the decor. It was much more comfortable. It also had a dinette rather than the U shaped dinette which we preferred over the U shaped dinette. The only problems we ever had were during the warranty period with the water pump and one of the stabilizers but were fixed. We did notice that the floor had glue on it after we had bought it and Forest River replaced the floor for us. The wardrobe was of ample size and the pantry held quite a bit too. We used the linen/coat closet as a dirty clothes holding area as you could get to it from the bathroom too. It lacked on towel racks but my husband added those as well as a sturdier residential faucet in the bathroom. We enjoyed our time in the trailer and it pulled fine with our RAM 2500 with sway bars. We only decided to get rid of it because we knew we wouldn’t be able to use it for the next year or two because of health issues with relatives. All in all I would recommend this travel trailer especially for a couple or a person with one or two small children.
- Robin Rother, Missouri

2019-04-03 2016 Forest River Flagstaff Super Lite 26RLWS View Listings

This camper can sleep 6 people. We are selling due to the fact that our grown children and grandchildren want to start camping with us. We are looking for a bunk room camper. This camper's bedroom, bathroom, and kitchen are set up ideally. We have room for everything we need and extra space.
- J. Andrepont, Texas

2019-03-19 2019 Forest River Flagstaff Super Lite 26BWS View Listings

Took pictures but no place to put them it still has the temp plate on it so about 3 weeks old. Picked up brought it home and now the under belly if falling off. Call said to bring in next week I can wait, I guess I have nothing better to do than hookup travel about 30 miles wait till they fix it and return 30 miles, with this kind of quality they should have a repair person who travels. Maybe the May Tag repair man hasn’t found a job yet. The under belly ripped right off the screws while sitting in the driveway.
- Michael Brumitt, Michigan

2017-12-14 2016 Forest River Flagstaff Super Lite 27BESS View Listings

The 2016 flagstaff is incredible. Have two kids who loved the bunkbeds, the bunks are spacious two people could sleep on them. Love the layout of this camper. Storage is a plus and the two entry doors from the outside helped with the tracking of dirt. Bath tub was large enough to take a shower in, which was great and convienent for the whole family. Plenty of cooking area and eating area. Loved how easy it is to winterize also takes 10 mins to complete. Comes with a tv, cover to camper, etc.
- patrick Rhymer, North Carolina

2017-04-16 2013 Forest River Flagstaff Super Lite 27RLWS View Listings

Beware,, This camper has been garage stored. The floor is soft and rotten in different places. The reason pieced wood. ( drop off wood from other jobs). We notice it in 2015. Age was 2 years. Factory requested !!!!!!!!!,, what a joke to deal with Flaggsraff. Will contact dealer again. The floor is much worse now. The camper has not been used this year.
- Credeur, Louisiana