Forest River Flagstaff High Wall Reviews on RV Insider (3)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Forest River Flagstaff High Wall RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Shawn Levesque from New Mexico says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Forest River Flagstaff High Wall HW27SC View Listings

Ordered a brand new HW27SC in March 2015 and took delivery in May 2015. The slide out made for floor space and having grey and black water tanks were a nice feature for a PUP. 3 burner gas stove with oven, microwave, 4 CU fridge with freezer, and a fully enclosed toilet/shower were what sold me on this floor plan. That and fully loaded it is easy to tow 3800# with a 230 lb tongue weight with a V6 4Runner. Here are the problems I have had: First time I ran the water pump the water filter leaked. I fixed that with some plumbing tape. The grey water PVC pipe started leaking after a couple of camping trips. Was fixed under warranty at the dealership. Sink faucet was faulty fixed under warranty. Toilet valve ruptured and sprayed water out the back where the water line was so it leaked all over the floor. I had to pay to replace that. The Fantastic Fan in the roof leaked 2 months after it went out of warranty which I sealed myself but now the fan doesn't work. Overall, most of the problems have been minor and no damage was done for any of the leaks. Everything else has worked as it should and considering my experiences with past RV's these issues were pretty minor and easy to correct. We use it regularly and it is still in great shape over a year and a half later. Towing it tracks fine and the tires are still in great shape.
- Shawn Levesque, New Mexico

2020-07-08 2017 Forest River Flagstaff High Wall HW27SC View Listings

When you buy a travel trailer - unless you are buying high end (even some high ends) you are buying a cheaply built item. So I of course go into my pop up with that expectation. I was sold on the HW27SC for the sleeping space, the livable space with the slide out and the extra seating instead of the outdoor kitchen. I have owned it for 3.5 years now and I really like the functionality/livability of it. It tows like a dream behind my 2018 F150 (5.0 V8) - was suprised at how smooth after previous 1984 Coleman pop up (lol). Quality is low. Had a water filter leak which got the wood floors wet - had to replace half of the floor board which was a $9,000 job thankfully covered by state farm with a $250 deductible wew... now 3.5 years in some of the valves are starting to drip (fresh water exit valve drips constantly and water pipe exit valves in the back drip constantly and they don't come all the way out of the camper so it gets the floor wet). Several little brackets etc break off. I'm taking a weekend here soon just to do some TLC upkeep to fix a lot of it. Again most of this is to be expected and if you are at least a little handy you can fix yourself. No regrets on this purchase (thanks to insurance coverage) and I feel like I got what I paid for. Next camper will check more boxes but i think i have 3-5 years left with this one. Family of 5 works great!
- Chase, Texas

2017-10-10 2017 Forest River Flagstaff High Wall HW27SC View Listings

I thought we bought the Audi or the Mercedes of the pop-up trailers. At the Portland RV show, it looked awesome. Outside with the black awning, inside with the big fridge, the comfortable dinette, a lot of things to like. The door had to be replaced the first day.After six months (ten nights and 4000 miles), it's a big disappointment. Everything now looks flimsy, half of the inside screws are gone, lost two drawer knobs, one of the wheel bunk bed is loose, the outside fridge grill disappeared between Denver and SLC...I didn't know FR plants were located in China, so now it's not a surprise anymore. Oh wait a second. They actually are build in Indiana. I thought "made in America" means tough workers, quality assurance in every unit built. Sorry, not mine. The inside of a 2005 Coleman Niagara HW is still looking better than our 2017 FR.
- Pierre Burthey, Oregon