Forest River Flagstaff Classic Super Lite Reviews on RV Insider (23)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Forest River Flagstaff Classic Super Lite RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Elvin from Georgia says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2018 Forest River Flagstaff Classic Super Lite 832IKBS View Listings

Love this travel trailer! Did alot of research before purchasing this unit. Visisted several dealerships throughout Florida, Georgia, South Carolina and more, as well as an RV show. This was by far the best floorplan we found, and the best price for all available options. Very easy to tow, great bathroom and shower and porcelin toilet, skylights, 2 TVs, 2 AC units, and so much more. We fell in love with the kitchen island! Great area to cook in, cut up vegetables and meats, prepare drinks for friends, put the crockpot on, and serving cheese and crackers and anything! Just a great camper!
- Elvin, Georgia

2020-11-08 2014 Forest River Flagstaff Classic Super Lite 832IKBS View Listings

We purchased a 2014 Forest River Flagstaff 33 foot 5th wheel used from a private owner. We didn't have much of a chance to shop around but was assured by the owner of another Flagstaff this was a quality 5er. We've experienced nothing but pleasure at how well this has held up, performed and how well put together it is. The only complaints was the lack of a full couch and tight quarters in the bedroom but it far exceeded expectations in build quality, appearance, ease of operation and cost of operation. We've had it a year and other than a recalking of the roof and a couple of wax jobs this has cost us nothing in repairs. We're now looking at another 5er, one with more room and if we can we'll stick with Forest River products.
- rathjame, Michigan

2020-08-12 2016 Forest River Flagstaff Classic Super Lite 832IKBS View Listings

We love this camper. We looked at many campers and keep coming back to this one. We love the many windows and open spaces. The storage is great, we still have not filled all the cabinets! The only regret is that we only have one AC and it just can't keep up on the hotter days. The recliners are super comfortable. It pulls great with my Chevy Silverado 2500 Duramax. We have had a number of minor problems over the years. But for the most part I have been able to fix them myself. We had a problem with the refrigerator. The dealer was no help (even under warranty). I ended up fixing it myself. It is a great camper and we still enjoy camping in it!
- Mark Dundas, Minnesota

2020-07-03 2013 Forest River Flagstaff Classic Super Lite 8528IKWS View Listings

An attractive looking, well laid out unit with all the amenities. We used it as a winter residence in Florida and Arizona at different times. It towed well and had few problems. Early minor problems were quickly looked after by Forest River. Lots of storage and room. Very liveable for longer periods of time. Very well equipped. Towed it with a properly equipped F150 Ford with no issues.
- Richard Emmerton, Ontario

2020-06-04 2007 Forest River Flagstaff Classic Super Lite 831FKSS View Listings

I love this 5th Wheel.It has the best lay out.It is open and spacious. It feels larger than it is with the picture windows and step up to the bedroom.Great use of space and design.Good size.Not too large to pull.Over all this is the nicest 5th wheel I have owned.
- Sally Young, Arizona

2020-04-29 2020 Forest River Flagstaff Classic Super Lite 832FLBS View Listings

We got a new 2020 classic from Forest River it has several problems 😠 we were told it was not meant to be lived in, was told they check all of them out before they are ready to get, I waited 2 weeks for them to fix what I found and they said they were fixed, went to hookup lights on the back didn't work took 5 people about 4 hours to fix come to find out nothing was done and now more problems 😠 and all they want to do is talk!!! So if you have the money to invest in one and can take it to dry storage and leave it ( was told by a adjuster at the main office, they are not made to live in) then spend the money but if you want to use it then forget it!!!
- James Phillips, Texas

2020-01-08 2019 Forest River Flagstaff Classic Super Lite 8529RKBS View Listings

Our brand new 2019 Forest River Flagstaff Classic super lite continues to dwell some where in never never land. Since the purchase from Camping World Vacaville in mid October It remains in their possession due to continued break downs and waiting repairs... repairs on a brand new RV. 1. Water pump...since resolved..we hope... we don’t know yet. 2. Heater. On going... 3. Other issues...since resolved. Broken chair. It’s been a month since the last drop off..... and we have heard nothing from Camping World. GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE would keep us up to date as to the status of a new coach you purchased from them. So far ... they speak with forked tongue...actually there dumb. So we emailed the Factory Customer Service on Sunday Jan. 5, 2020 expecting some type of reply from them...nothing.... Today ....we called the Manager at Camping World Vacaville only to get his voice mail and as of 4:30 pm Tuesday 1-7-2020.... not a word from either party.... This is fair warning concerning this coach Mfg. and dealer..... Stay away.....we have been on Yelp....and the reviews are terrible. Do not purchase an RV from Camping World.... Sales is quick to sell.... Finance Dept. is quick to finance you. Service is terrible....read my previous testimony’s.... Save yourself a lot of aggregation .... do more research on which Mfg and dealer..... Sadly...we didn’t....and we are being burned big time.... Not A Happy Camper....
- Gary Gress, California

2020-01-05 2019 Forest River Flagstaff Classic Super Lite 8529RKBS View Listings

Purchased a Forest River Flagstaff Classic from Camping World in Vacaville Ca. First trip out after having it about two weeks....water pump failed and the Heater smoked us out of the coach....fail... Took to Camping World....after a month in their shop...still no water pump..blamed it on Forest River...called Forest River....they never received a warranty request for the water pump....confronted Camping World..... oh...it was never ordered. They claim the heater had broken plastic parts blowing around in the unit ...got hot and smoked. They claimed to fix the heater. After several more weeks...unit still at their yard...NO WATER PUMP....they call and said it’s ready. I check it all out...after having them charge the dead battery’s... Pump seems ok. Heater seemed ok..I did not turn the heater off but let it run.....got home.... 6 miles away....and the heater is squelching like a pig being gutted alive.... Took it right back to Camping World...they actually took it right into the shop and pulled out the heater that was self destructing. Bottom Line....I just made my third payment... We bought the RV in October 2019 .....had it two weeks....the rest of the time until today....Jan 5, 2019 it sits in Camping Worlds parking lot waiting for repairs on a Brand New RV. No body seems to really care....since I dropped it off four weeks ago at Camping World....I have heard nothing...not a word... Dead silence.....I would really be careful purchasing a RV from Camping World....friends like them....you don’t need an enemy. Very displeased with Forest River....and their Dealer Camping World Vacaville.

2019-12-31 2019 Forest River Flagstaff Classic Super Lite 832IKBS View Listings

We purchased in October 2018, brand new. Since May 2019 we have been dealing with Manufacturer issues, the tank sensors do not read properly, there is a power surge when we use the receptacles, the small awning arm is jammed on 1 side can't tilt the awning, the skirting around the entire trailer is detached and some areas do not have any screws holding it. I have been in contact with with Flagstaff they told me the skirting is normal wear and tear and needs to be resealed every 1-2 years, at that point we didn't own it for 1 year. This Trailer isn't cheap to buy and we are extremely disappointed at the quality and lack of caring from Flagstaff. I guess we are stuck with a non tilting, disconnecting skirting, power surging Piece of Crap. We bought this for retirement what a joke!!!!
- Patti Bonsang, Nevada

2019-11-10 2019 Forest River Flagstaff Classic Super Lite 8528IKWS View Listings

1. After hooking up and traveling five miles...we stopped at a friends....opened up the coach and found the dinette table down and it had crushed a chair. The screws used for installation were cheap black dry wall screws that were not long enough or strong enough for the weight of that table. 2. The blind and valance above the dinette broke loose from the screws and fell. Two hole bracket had 1 screw and the head had broke off. Took it right back and it took them a week to put the blind up and order a new chair....but never reinstalled the table...still waiting on the chair and it’s been six weeks now. Picked up coach and left on a trip. 3. First outing produced absolutely no water. The water pump failed before it ever ran. System only produced a twinkle of water. No showers...barely got water out to make coffee and wash up. Still waiting for parts....and it’s been about 4 weeks now. 4. Furnace failed....blew the monitor and a bunch of fuses. Got the fuse fixed...but checking the furnace further....proved to be disastrous....it clunked....and then started smoking.... Shut it down and froze in 34°weather up in Mt Shasta Country. Shop said plastic pieces were in the blower assembly...got hot and was smoking....could have killed us with Carbon Monoxide... Seven /eight weeks into ownership ....it’s been at the dealer useless and I’ve made my first payment for nothing to show on my property. Dealer said it could be 4 more weeks or better before Forest River will produced a simply water pump. Amazing..... Second payment is due in about 10 days. And no Coach. Not a happy owner at this point.....

2019-10-14 2014 Forest River Flagstaff Classic Super Lite 832IKBS View Listings

Within 6 mo of purchase tv didn't work, radio received hardly any stations,antenna mounted on side,no wonder. They replaced tv,booster and sent a kit to not use radio antenna but to splice off of tv Antenna, still bad radio reception anywhere,bad tv reception anywhere. Was told by a retired friend who sold coaches and travel trailers you never split the signal of either. Have had on going mouse problems(getting in the unit at 2 different locations) upon trying to solve the problem, found many places where holes drilled in floors and wall for pipes or wires, were not caulked or sealed. To this day I cannot seem to correct the problem. Seems to be poor workmanship and/ or in quality control. I believe the radio is simply a cheap unit as I can sit outside the units in my truck and receive near 30 stations well, while in the unit lucky to get up to 7 at best,tv forget that. This is my 3rd travel unit,1st new purchase,never figured having these kind of problems. Kind of disappointed with the quality of components and workmanship at Forest river/flagstaff.
- Mark robinson, Wisconsin

2019-08-09 2016 Forest River Flagstaff Classic Super Lite 8528IKWS View Listings

Our previous RV was a 2008 Puma which we outgrew. The most outstanding feature of this model is the cabin layout, the high ceilings. the flat panel TV and the magnificent captain chairs. Between the captain chairs and the couch which converts to a bed, you can be extremely comfortable. This is all possible because of the two large pushout in the main cabin. The kitchen island with double sink greatly enhances the utility and usability of the kitchen space. The bathroom and enclosed shower with dual access is user friendly. The queen sized bed in the nose is comfortable and the third pull out is a wardrobe console happily utilized by my spouse. There is spacious storage below deck and in the nose for accessories and additional items. We pulled this with 2008 Dodge Ram 3500 which was overkill. A 2500 would certainly do the job. There is no pitching or yaw with the 5th wheel. It follows your RV like a lamb. Set up is easy with power front and rear leveling jacks. The six gallon water heater was a treat. Two navy showers and you still have hot water. Two power retractable awnings also a great option on a hot sunny day. The full specs for the 2016 Forest River Flagstaff Classic Super Light 8528IKWS easily retrieved on google. We are the exclusive owners of this RV.
- Joe Cunningham, Washington

2019-08-06 2018 Forest River Flagstaff Classic Super Lite 831CLBSS View Listings

I bought my brand new 2018 one yr ago 7/18/18, I’d researched and shopped for at least 6 mths. I’m a widow so u can imagine how excited I was, well that certainly didn’t last !!! I got it home from Campbell RV sales SARASOTA only to realize after taking chair straps off dining set it had the biggest slope in floor! I literally slipped and fell. I started asking was this normal and was given some ridiculous story about they do that so when it rains it doesn’t puddle.. what !?!? 😂 yr later still the same can’t get help. I was sold a very expensive extended warranty only to realize so far that’s worthless.. my front jack (automatic) not worked now 3 months, I’m told I have to pay to have repaired then turn in receipts?? Now I was traveling through forests 98E 123 mile trip and my new 2018, with new castle rock tires front driver tire exploded.. I was stranded 3 1/2 hours alone on bad hwy waiting for road service.. I have exactly 1807.8 miles with 30 hours and 35 minutes on them ... called dealer forget that ... cost 175.00 for guy to come and change to spare which now it’s going flat.. unfortunately I was on my way to volunteer in an area hot very bad by hurricane last year and any tire stores are at least 60 miles away. And yes, I horrified to try to drive over the huge bridge to get to it.. I’d post pics if I knew how here as it also damaged under trailer and fender
- Pamela , Florida

2019-05-28 2019 Forest River Flagstaff Classic Super Lite 8528IKWS View Listings

Love this 5th wheeler.Lots of room and great floor plan. We have the auto leveling system with 2 a/c. Pulls great also. The right size and not to big and not to small. Love the 90 gal grey water tank also.
- Daniel G, Louisiana

2018-08-29 2017 Forest River Flagstaff Classic Super Lite 832IKBS View Listings

We have now owned our camper for two years. We have put 12,000+ miles on it - taking 3 extended trips and quite a few weekends. We had previously owned a small hybrid camper. We visited several trade shows and dealers looking for the features we wanted in a new camper. We kept coming back to this camper because of the roominess, the windows, the storage, and overall design. We have not been disappointed with this camper. We have a Silverado 2500HD Duramax to pull it. It pulls like a dream. We have lost one lower trim panel on a very windy trip in Colorado. The panel was very inexpensive. The only complaint was with the dealer when we had a problem on the refrigerator. I talked to Flagstaff and got the support I needed. I would recommend this camper to others.
- Mark & Sue, Minnesota

2017-03-25 2016 Forest River Flagstaff Classic Super Lite 832IKBS View Listings

We have put over 15,000 miles on this rig from Denver to San Diego, to the deep south and multiple camping trips into the Rockies mountains. When I first got the unit it was about 6" higher than any other TT I have had before and I did not like that but we found the extra clearance to be great getting into some unexpected rough camping sites in the mountains. The floor plan, is excellent and what sold us on the unit, nothing has gone wrong with it which has amaze me. I wish I would have put in a second AC unit in the bedroom as the one 13.5 just is not adequate, I for sure should have gone with a 15K unit if I was only going to stick with one AC unit. The main cabin gets cool but the bedroom is warm. The heat to the bedroom warms it but not like the main cabin. We use a small electric when we have hook ups in the bed room and a Mr. buddy at about 4:00 am when dry camping which we do most of the time just to take the chill off. We have been in temps of 109 where it was 95 in the camper and the humidity was 80% with the one AC unit, it was brutally hot. We have been in temps of 10 degrees where the furnace was not enough and we had to use it along with the Mr. Buddy with both could keep the unit at 60 degrees. Everything else about the rig has been great. We use a Renology 100 watt suitcase solar panel which keeps us topped off even if we use the furnace while dry camping. I highly recommend this unit. Not everyone will have the trouble I have with keeping things cool and warm as not everyone pushes things like that to the extreme. Sometimes I am my own worst enemy. Great Rig and I would recommend it to anyone.
- Chris Sanchez, Colorado

2017-02-03 2015 Forest River Flagstaff Classic Super Lite 8528RKWS View Listings

We have owned this for 1 year and are full timers. Love the rear kitchen with all the counter room. Storage galore and luxurious decor, dark out shades, wood style floors all add up to what a more expensive RV would cost. Electric fireplace saved us $$ with not having to buy propane to heat. No problems, love it and would highly recommend.
- Jeff Pietrowski, Colorado

2017-01-08 2014 Forest River Flagstaff Classic Super Lite 832IKBS View Listings

Love the floor plan and furniture nice quality. Have had so many problems with this RV. Cracked water clamp, electrical cord coming into RV burned up. Had to replace all electrical. Leak in water tank, had to replace, arrived today with another leak under rv. Leak in air conditioner. All this at my expense. Wish I had never bought this RV.
- Art Meadows, Alabama

2016-10-25 2015 Forest River Flagstaff Classic Super Lite 26RLWS View Listings

Have owned new trailer for a year & are extremely disappointed with construction.Our trip of a lifetime was disastrous when our travels took us down dirt or gravel roads. We are flyfisher people so that was often. Major accumulation of dirt and dust throughout the trailer. On 1 occasion the accumulation was at least 1/8 inch. Mainly in back area where slide is. The oven is full of dirt/dust each time. Cleaning time, ceiling to floor - 2 to 3 hours - must have canister vac with attachments to clean properly. Yes - all vents and windows were closed Yes - ac vents shut Yes - sink drains in place Yes to whatever else you can think of. It seems it is common knowledge -Flagstaffs "are not well sealed". Checking the gaskets under slide out revealed large gaps when in closed position. Of course we are just out of warranty. I am not pleased at all with this trailer. I read one post where the owner resigned himself to having to do a little cleaning each time --- this is NOT a little cleaning - this is major work and had a huge negative impact on our trip especially when 3 grandbabies (8 months to 3 years) joined us.
- Leah Jeffress, Louisiana

2016-05-22 2014 Forest River Flagstaff Classic Super Lite 26RLWS View Listings

Purchased unit in July 2014 and from the first trip it has been nothing but a pain!! 1.the black water tank leaked 3 weeks at the dealer to replace. 2. bathroom sink water could not be shut off. 3.water leaks under kitchen sink more time at the dealer 3 days. 4. refrigerator door came off 6 weeks at dealer. 5. iRV AM/FM/CD/DVD player stopped working 1 day at dealer. 6. slide out seals came off 1 day at dealer. 7. radio antenna on roof came off needs to be replaced 8. black tank flush out system vent value failed and filled the lower half of the trailer with several gallons of water, repairs to be done. In the first year we had the trailer it was at the dealership FOR 93 DAYS!!!!
- Richard J. Allen, New York

2015-03-23 2011 Forest River Flagstaff Classic Super Lite 8528BHSS View Listings

We searched for this model, with the bath and a half is great as you do not have the others always in the main bathroom except for shower. Plenty of room and comfortable. Storage is great for a light camper.
- J Stine, Maryland

2015-01-25 2014 Forest River Flagstaff Classic Super Lite 832IKBS View Listings

Its everything you could want in an rv... Three slide outs, power jacks, all four corners tongue jack, power awnings two with led lights, outside grill mounted on side outside speakers two tvs flat screen wood look floor fire pl island bar two bar stools leather sleeper couch two leather recliners stand alone four chair dinette corian counter tops upgraded serta bed, light oak wood, stereo system throughout. No trouble pulling wit 2013 max tow package Ford. Cons: there are none.
- Jerry Donahue, Tennessee

2014-11-24 2007 Forest River Flagstaff Classic Super Lite 831FKSS View Listings

This trailer has been such an enjoyable experience, while others were complaining about the season this last summer, I had been living in one of the most comfortable, homey, trailers that I have ever owned. The layout is perfect for almost any occasion. Everyone that visited was comfortable! Would highly recommend this trailer for people for any want or need for one.
- Elizabeth Newell, Michigan