Forest River Cherokee Wolf Pup RVs Reviews (8)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Forest River Cherokee Wolf Pup RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Frank from Ohio says:

Have you owned any Forest River Cherokee Wolf Pup RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2018 Forest River Cherokee Wolf Pup 17RP View Listings

Poor workmanship, no customer service, furnace quit day one, roof leaks first week, and they don’t care. The Forest River receptionist told me “no one will return my calls because I am a consumer, and they don’t deal with consumers, only dealers” My dealer isn’t getting returned calls either, and suggested that I “hook it up and drive to Indiana, and then try to speak to them in person”
- Frank, Ohio

2019-09-18 2017 Forest River Cherokee Wolf Pup 18TO View Listings

Bad experience with the CastleRock tires that come on this vehicle and was denied any assistance from Forest River, the spare tire has never been on the ground but expanded/deformed egg shaped, was so bad that it tore the cover which is what got our attention.So sad to think Forest river puts these on their travel trailers but is not concerned with the safety of the people who have purchesed them . We replaced all of them after I received their response saying: (we are sorry you are out of warranty and cannot help you) will never purchase any of their makes again
- LILLIE WEBB, Kentucky

2019-09-12 2019 Forest River Cherokee Wolf Pup 16BHS View Listings

Disclaimer: This site REQUIRES assigning a star rating for manufacturer warranty. I have thankfully not had to utilize the warranty so I cannot provide a rating on it. Thus I assigned a middle of the road three star rating. I am reviewing the Wolf Pup 16 BHS, not the Wolf Pup WEST 16BHS. The difference in floor plan is this: The Wolf Pup 16BHS (my model) has a good-sized fridge with separate freezer above it whereas the Wolf Pup WEST 16BHS has a pantry in the place of my fridge; the Wolf Pup WEST 16BHS has a mini-fridge below the kitchen counter where the Wolf Pup 16BHS (my model) has cabinet storage. I much prefer losing out on a pantry in order to gain a larger fridge to hold food for my family of five than having a large pantry but only a mini-fridge. For the small space, the layout is understandably tight but very efficient and functional. The two bunk beds are at least six feet long ensuring my kiddos plenty of growing room. The small tub and shower is great for washing our four-year old (the rest of the family uses public showers at camp facilities when available to save on water, but man is it nice not having to monitor the four year old splashing in dirty shower water and touching walls at public showers!). The trailer tows very easily behind my 2016 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 (with tow package capable of towing up to 6400 lbs). I definitely notice the trailer when going up steep hills, sometimes having to shift down to third, but on flat freeways I am able to go 65 in fourth very smoothly with headroom left for passing. I do use a weight distribution hitch and sway control bar, and with those the trailer and truck ride nice and level and I have, in my four trips so far, never experienced any issue with sway. Dislikes: No oven. Due to the furnace placement there is no room for an oven below the stovetop. Looking at the layout I am not sure where the designers could move the furnace to in order to include an oven without messing up the rest of the great layout, so I consider that a small loss compared to the functional layout. No ladder to get to the top bunk! Unless your child has great upper body strength, hauling themselves up to the top bunk will be a chore as there is nothing at all to step on to assist them (unless you consider them using the thermostat off to the side as a good foothold, which I do NOT). I made a ladder out of redwood and pine to allow access to the top bunk, with the ladder being narrow enough to still allow the bathroom door to fully open. Why in the world would Forest River not think of this! No privacy curtain for the top bunk. It is easy enough to tuck a sheet or blanket under the top mattress and let it hang down to provide privacy for the bottom bunk, but the top bunk is completely out in the open. I bought a curtain track kit from Amazon and screwed it into the ceiling, and separately bought kitchen window curtains to hang on it. Works good, but this would also have been a meaningful item to include with the trailer. AC. It's totally functional and gets the job done well, but it is LOUD! Even on its low fan setting. Conclusion: Even with the dislikes above, which are minor in my own opinion, I recommend this trailer to anyone with two or three kids (our third child sleeps on the dinette bed) who is looking for a light weight and short trailer, which is exactly what we needed.
- Brett Op, California

2019-09-06 2020 Forest River Cherokee Wolf Pup 16FQ View Listings

We bought this after years of being away from RVing, we had a big Jayco monster camper years ago with the kids which we sold a long time back. This is marketed as a "couples camper", and it fits the bill nicely. As with any camper, after using it you can go through and nit-pic little things you WISH they had done differently, but overall this is a wonderful camper and we look forward to many years of happy camping with it. It's easy to pull, easy to setup, and there are quality touches inside throughout. This is my first RV with a power awning, which I didn't think much of but after having it, I really appreciate. The A/C and heater both are more than sufficient for a camper this size, the USB ports throughout are wonderful, and the upgraded steps are really nice. My only real honest-to-goodness complaint is the lack of a simple winterizing kit for the water lines, but I guess they had to prioritize room wherever they could, this is a smaller RV after all. As with ALL RVs, you'll want to get a good topper for the horrid factory mattress, and why do all manufacturers put this weird atomic level light just above faces of people laying in bed? We're wrapping up a 7day camping trip to the Porcupine Mts, and couldn't be happier with our Wolf Pup 16FQ.
- Curt B, Michigan

2019-02-14 2017 Forest River Cherokee Wolf Pup 16FQ View Listings

First of all I bought this trailer on an impulse at a camper show 2 hours away from my home and from a dealer 4 hours away. So not to smart on my part. But it was a good deal and what my wife and I needed. As far as overall quality it’s ok. There are some things that were overlooked when they constructed it 1) awning should have been 2 ft longer so as not to stop directly by the door. 2) lights with a switch when you enter (you have to enter a dark camper and find the light to turn on). 3) undercarriage could have had stronger material and holes should have been plugged as this was an easy entry for rodents. 4) winterization should have been made easier by being able to add a winterization kit ( we could not add one because the pump was to far back where it was installed to cut into. Had to bring to rv place to do it $$ otherwise you have to use 6 gallons of antifreeze in your fresh water holding tank. We have added a few doors to the cabinets to make access easier, added drawers under the dinette seats, reading lights over our bed instead of the very bright led, added a light over kitchen counter and one over dinette table. Installed a medicine cabinet in bathroom. We had a Starcraft 14 rb before this one and I found it to be well made and sturdy. I am a little concerned of the roof construction of this model though as it doesn’t feel strong. But for what we paid you can’t expect the best. Knock on wood we did not have any warranty items that needed repaired.
- Bill, Maine

2019-01-20 2019 Forest River Cherokee Wolf Pup 16FQ View Listings

I absolutely love my Wolf Pup. I pretty much got exactly what I wanted. I had a 5000 pound limit towing capacity on my Honda ridgeline. So this trailer worked perfectly. I bought it in July 2018. I’ve had taken it out on eight trips sense. Everything has worked out fine and I really don’t complain about too much because it’s perfect for what I need. The only complaint I would have involved in the competition of the third would be the table seems to scratch very easily. I feel like I need to put a small piece of plastic over the top of it to protect it. I rated manufacture warranty as low as I have not deleted them so as we really are not applicable but you have to rate it in order to submit.
- Nancy Steele, California

2018-07-18 2018 Forest River Cherokee Wolf Pup 17RP View Listings

Purchased our Wolf Pup in February 2018. Taken it out twice so far and going out again this weekend. My wife loves it, decorating it and giving it that home away from home feel. It's light weight, easy pull for my Nissan Titan and small enough to park on side of house. We are first time owners, tent users the past 11 years and still learning the ways of traveling in our Wolf Pup. After reading the reviews, owners disgruntled of not having the perfect trailer, my question to them is this, did you not do your research before buying, point out things of concern, have a final walk thru before signing on the dotted line? No matter the type of RV/trailer you purchase, remember it's built by hand, read up on this fact! If it's a lemon, there are avenues you can pursue, yes it's easier said than done. You all still using your Wolf Pup? We are and will be taking in the scenery up in the mountains, enjoy folks!
- Gil, California