Forest River Cherokee Wolf Pup RVs Reviews (5)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Forest River Cherokee Wolf Pup RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Frank from Ohio says:

Have you owned any Forest River Cherokee Wolf Pup RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2018 Forest River Cherokee Wolf Pup 17RP View Listings

Poor workmanship, no customer service, furnace quit day one, roof leaks first week, and they don’t care. The Forest River receptionist told me “no one will return my calls because I am a consumer, and they don’t deal with consumers, only dealers” My dealer isn’t getting returned calls either, and suggested that I “hook it up and drive to Indiana, and then try to speak to them in person”
- Frank, Ohio

2019-02-14 2017 Forest River Cherokee Wolf Pup 16FQ View Listings

First of all I bought this trailer on an impulse at a camper show 2 hours away from my home and from a dealer 4 hours away. So not to smart on my part. But it was a good deal and what my wife and I needed. As far as overall quality it’s ok. There are some things that were overlooked when they constructed it 1) awning should have been 2 ft longer so as not to stop directly by the door. 2) lights with a switch when you enter (you have to enter a dark camper and find the light to turn on). 3) undercarriage could have had stronger material and holes should have been plugged as this was an easy entry for rodents. 4) winterization should have been made easier by being able to add a winterization kit ( we could not add one because the pump was to far back where it was installed to cut into. Had to bring to rv place to do it $$ otherwise you have to use 6 gallons of antifreeze in your fresh water holding tank. We have added a few doors to the cabinets to make access easier, added drawers under the dinette seats, reading lights over our bed instead of the very bright led, added a light over kitchen counter and one over dinette table. Installed a medicine cabinet in bathroom. We had a Starcraft 14 rb before this one and I found it to be well made and sturdy. I am a little concerned of the roof construction of this model though as it doesn’t feel strong. But for what we paid you can’t expect the best. Knock on wood we did not have any warranty items that needed repaired.
- Bill, Maine

2019-01-20 2019 Forest River Cherokee Wolf Pup 16FQ View Listings

I absolutely love my Wolf Pup. I pretty much got exactly what I wanted. I had a 5000 pound limit towing capacity on my Honda ridgeline. So this trailer worked perfectly. I bought it in July 2018. I’ve had taken it out on eight trips sense. Everything has worked out fine and I really don’t complain about too much because it’s perfect for what I need. The only complaint I would have involved in the competition of the third would be the table seems to scratch very easily. I feel like I need to put a small piece of plastic over the top of it to protect it. I rated manufacture warranty as low as I have not deleted them so as we really are not applicable but you have to rate it in order to submit.
- Nancy Steele, California

2018-07-18 2018 Forest River Cherokee Wolf Pup 17RP View Listings

Purchased our Wolf Pup in February 2018. Taken it out twice so far and going out again this weekend. My wife loves it, decorating it and giving it that home away from home feel. It's light weight, easy pull for my Nissan Titan and small enough to park on side of house. We are first time owners, tent users the past 11 years and still learning the ways of traveling in our Wolf Pup. After reading the reviews, owners disgruntled of not having the perfect trailer, my question to them is this, did you not do your research before buying, point out things of concern, have a final walk thru before signing on the dotted line? No matter the type of RV/trailer you purchase, remember it's built by hand, read up on this fact! If it's a lemon, there are avenues you can pursue, yes it's easier said than done. You all still using your Wolf Pup? We are and will be taking in the scenery up in the mountains, enjoy folks!
- Gil, California