Forest River Cherokee

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Forest River Cherokee RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Kurt from Oregon says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Forest River Cherokee 244JRW View Listings

I like the floor plan for my self and my wife. i found the workmanship a bit lacking. the wall panel in the bedroom area kept popping off the wall. I suggested that the panel was perhaps a bit long. The warranty work was to pull the seam tape and re-tack the panel. It popped lose again. then the warranty work was to take off the seam tape, and re-tack the panel again. The replacement tape is wrinkled and I am not happy. The trailer came with some third market batteries. Dealer replaced them with Excide batteries upon my insistence. There was a loose wire in the wiring for the airconditioner unit. had to have it researched and repaired took weeks. the floor in the shower was not supported and it felt like the vacuum-form plastic floor was going to break. had to have a wooden block installed under the floor. The shade retainers were installed into the wall panel without regard as to how they would line up with the bottom of the window shades. about two inches too narrow. The night stand area in the sleeping quarters is so flimsy that the plug outlet came loose the first time I used it. The O-2 sensor is constantly on and drained the batteries flat. When I was charging the batteries, the alarm went off. I now have it on constant charge. The hardware on the screen door was misaligned so that the screen would not stay closed. The medicine cabinet catch was bent in an attempt to make it work even though it was misaligned with the catch on the door. The shower heads inside and outside were badly plugged with what is reportedly anti-freeze residue. All these things were discovered while we were on our first RV campout with friends and their units. They laughed at me for having purchased a pig wearing lipstick. Now I am NHTSA Recall for a wire that may be pinched against the chassis and trailer body. A possible fire hazard. and to have the paneling joint re-taped. Hopefully the abundance of bugs will have been worked out very soon. I come from a manufacturing background. There seems to have been little or no consideration for Quality Control in the manufacturing of this unit.
- Kurt, Oregon

2021-09-19 2021 Forest River Cherokee 274VFK View Listings

Nothing not to love about the floor plan, Tows like a big TT, not bad if you keep your speed down, big trucks or high crosswinds will definitely let you know its back there however! We have had a few new trailer bugs but nothing that hasn't been fixed fairly quickly.
- SMITH BRADLEY L, Kansas

2021-09-07 2020 Forest River Cherokee 274RK View Listings

Purchased this Travel Trailer the end of July 2020 not only did the dealer but the manufacturer didn’t build nor transfer this camper properly! I chose this camper for the layout because it’s perfect but the issues keep coming! The slide out is missing screws, complete fell off the support which caused the flooring to scratch bad! The dealer is fixing that thankfully! My dinette table doesn’t turn into a bed because the space is to small! The dinette chair is completely ripped off the wall! None of the supports for the pantry are stapled correctly so you can’t put things on the shelves! The refrigerator completely fell back into the spot it is in which cause my water to spill on the floor that cause water damage to the walls on the floors! The door needed to be replaced before I even left with it because the stairs weren’t secured properly! And now a month later the door still don’t close properly! All the hoses under the bathroom sink we’re not tight which cause it to leak all over the floor! The flooring under the shower seems very week! A week after I brought it home it had to go back for 2 weeks then we discovered most of the issues which will cause it to be in the shop for a month or more! It’s really sad that the manufacturer of this unit doesn’t see the issues because it’s a great camper! I would recommend this unit but with caution!
- Jami Bradley, Florida

2021-07-15 2021 Forest River Cherokee 274BRB View Listings

We really enjoy this trailer!! Love the layout immensely!! We actually left our home in March and have been staying in this trailer now for 4 months!! Fireplace and solar panels come in handy on cool days and nights. Good size bathroom along with the fridge, and pantry. The entire trailer has worked very well for our needs.
- ROBIN ROCK, Illinois

2021-04-30 2017 Forest River Cherokee 255P View Listings

This is an exceptionally delightful Forest River fifth wheel because the two opposing slides open up into a spacious living room area. You can entertain friends or family comfortably because of all the space. I have never seen another fifth wheel like this! Also exceptional is the queen bed on the upper deck -- it has walk-around space on both sides of the bed. Many trailers require you to crawl over your spouse to get out of bed to use the bathroom. It also has a door between the upper bedroom and the lower living room area -- perfect for privacy if you want to read upstairs and hubby wants to play on his computer or watch tv. We have lots of storage room and comfortably made a six-week trip in this fifth wheel.
- Teresa Wells, California

2021-03-12 2017 Forest River Cherokee 294BH View Listings

We have spent three summers camping with this unit and is spacious with all the needs for a long camping weekend. I pull it with a F150 FX4 and have traveled a couple 5oo mile trips and it pulls well.
- Ron Clabaugh, Indiana

2021-03-02 2017 Forest River Cherokee 274VFK View Listings

We really enjoy this RV. It has been great for just my husband and myself. It was difficult to tow, but that had a-lot to do with the truck we were using; and it was a super windy day. We bought it brand new in 2016, and have had it ever since. One issue we have had is when you get out of the shower, any water catches in the plastic at the base of the shower on the outside and runs down the little catch tray and off either end of the shower and has pooled between the shower and the cupboard under the sink and has caused the smallest bit of water damage to the wood. The A/C unit has had some flaws, and will randomly not want to work... but it hasn't caused any issues to the point where it has effected our comfort in the unit, and after a little online research we were able to find a way to pop off the face plate and reset it and it hasn't been an issue since (We did try calling customer service through forest river to get some trouble-shooting help, and their help was non-existent). The bedroom does have a tendency to get warm if the door is closed. But all-in-all it is a fantastic layout to live in, especially if you are looking for something for just two people. We love the way the floor plan has the kitchen and living room separated, it just makes it feel so much bigger. Only other issue we have had is the booth seats have began to wear on the fabric, and they are SO expensive to replace.
- Megan, Minnesota

2021-02-17 2016 Forest River Cherokee 304R View Listings

I bought the Cherokee 304R this is a low grade piece of shit I have had nothing but problems with it from the first day!!!! JUNK JUNK JUNK Save your money buy a Jayco or GRAND DESIGN
- James Perham, Florida

2021-02-12 2021 Forest River Cherokee 274BRB View Listings

Purchased a 274brb limited and is missing backup camera. I was told it was early production so didn't come with one. Well that was one of the deciding factors of my purchase and is listed in the brochure. So ok,buy a car with a gps radio listed for it and then not have one because IT WAS EARLY PRODUCTION, not to happy. Do to the snow weather have not had it out yet but hope to when the snow melts and have a good time
- Jerry Burkart, Illinois

2021-01-18 2021 Forest River Cherokee 274VFK View Listings

We paid close attention to the reviews before purchase, having been RV'rs for 40 years. We were a bit concerned about the towing properties after reading several reviews on older models, but we loved the floor plan and windows (let alone the incredible kitchen). The 374 mile trip home was uneventful at 65-70 mph contrary to the reviews, changes may have been made to the design. Our only trip so far was only 972 miles. Loaded to a total trailer weight of 8870lb's again uneventful, it even pulled well through the Ozarks. We tow with a 2015 Ford F-150 with the 5.0 liter engine and even in the hills no problem.
- Brad and Robin Smith, Kansas

2020-08-25 2021 Forest River Cherokee 304BH View Listings

I recommend running in the opposite direction! We have been camping for 16 years and this is our 3rd camper that we have owned. We purchased this bunkhouse camper brand new March 2020 to give our 2 kids more room since they are getting older. We have had nothing but problems with this thing since the start. It is currently at the dealership being repaired for the 4th time. There is no quality in this camper. It is cheaply made. The aesthetic are nice but that is the only thing going for it! The front door is being repaired for the 3rd time, the bottom of the shower was not supported on the sides so my teenage son dropped it to the floor, the AC unit will not keep it cool except in the late evening (during the day it is 80+ degrees inside), staples coming out of majority of the trim and walls, outdoor kitchen door will not close correctly, and the list goes on from there. The warranty is 1 year. Luckily we have a nice dealership that is trying to make right on Forest River's wrongs. This camper will be sold next year as soon as it is paid off. I would not recommend this brand to anyone.
- Jennifer Coleman, Missouri

2020-08-22 2019 Forest River Cherokee 294BH View Listings

This Rc cost me 37500 purchase price on receiving this trailer the valances fell off after frost tow. The finishing work on the main drawers were actually not installed. the right side by slide outa was water damages due to poor factory rubbers and caulking. The sink faucets leaked and toilet leaked. Awning wasn’t installed properly had to have it reinstalled. The back outdoor kitchen door was repaired before we received it and the hinges fell off. The factory fridge had huge dings in it. The third time we took trailer out there was some debris on the slide out it caused the rubber not to seal properly and caused huge water damage. the last but least the grey water tank fell while vacationing after it was drained. when investigating we found that there was a repair again in a new trailer as we bought new on the pipes and twine was holding the tank up by the outlets. So disappointed in Forest River products right now
- Gary Kines, British Columbia

2020-08-20 2020 Forest River Cherokee 304BS View Listings

I purchased this RV new on July 2020, the floor layout is very nice, some of the problems are the refer unit, can not keep items cold, dealer replaced unit 3 times, refer unit from Urion is not capable of working, the air conditioner is too small to keep inside cool, dealer had it on day one and still not fixed
- Sarah taylor, Illinois

2020-08-18 2020 Forest River Cherokee 274RK View Listings

I'm very much interested in this camper if its still available.I live in TN & would like to make arrangements to be able to look at camper. Can I get a phone number so I can call & ask some questions. Please
- Lisa Layne , Tennessee

2020-07-07 2017 Forest River Cherokee 274DBH View Listings

This RV is clean and spacious and perfect for a big family! We have owned it for two years and each time we used it, we had zero complaints it truly felt like home away from home. We are u able to travel anymore and hope someone buys and enjoys it the way we did. <3
- Lacey R, Missouri

2020-06-09 2019 Forest River Cherokee 304R View Listings

I would like to share my Forest River experience or should I say my Forest River nightmare with you all. Especially anyone that may be looking to purchase a travel trailer, 5th wheel or destination trailer. I purchased a 2019 Forest River Cherokee 304R in August of last year. It has had so many issues from leaks from hoses not been connected to the faucets, none of the gauges working, air conditioner not working, radio would not turn on. To keep from going into long drawn out ramble. The issues have continued on and on and when I reached out to Forest River wanting to share what I was going through I got no responds even though their website said I would receive one within 48 hours. After almost 2weeks I sent them another email telling then I would like to share my issues with them and they sent me an email with 2 minute that stated i need to take my issues to the selling dealer, they didnt want to hear them. One of my issues is that I am no longer close enough to take it to my selling dealer and after I contacted other Forest River dealer they told me they Forest River discourages their dealer from working on rigs they did not sell and said they make it very difficult for them to get paid on warranty work just to encourage the dealer not to work on warranty issues!
- Sonya Christian, North Carolina

2020-05-17 2019 Forest River Cherokee 274RK View Listings

We've only had this RV two weeks and things are already going wrong. Frig door hits the island sink and doesn't open all the way (a really bad design flaw I should have noticed when shopping around), the frig door clip has broken off, feels like you're going to fall through the shower floor, the stabilizers are cheap (and three are already bent), the flooring is rough and scratchy on bare feet, storage area under bathroom sink is taken up with plumbing and has no room for anything else and I'm pretty sure the front door isn't closing properly. It shouldn't take so much effort to close a door. Not happy with the travel trailer at all.
- Ariel Robinson, Texas

2020-02-18 2016 Forest River Cherokee 274VFK View Listings

The kitchen in this coach is amazing. Lots of counter space. Huge sink. Plenty of cabinets and drawers. 2 over and under cabinets in living room. Large cabinets under dining booth. Jack knife sofa and reclining rocker that swivels. Nice bathroom with large shower. I really like the big bathroom sink. Handy for washing out a t-shirt or underwear if needed. Love the walk around queen bed. 2 doors open up to roomy storage over bed. Wish these doors had shocks to hold them open .. Closet with mirrors on each side of the bed with a “built in “night stand..Basement storage is decent. Nice cargo rack on bumper. The super slide out in mid coach opens up the living area. We tow this travel trailer with a 2018 Ram 2500 diesel. Towing setup is blue ox 1500 weight distribution and sway control with the chain on link 10. This is the combo that seems to work best with our rig. Gets rid of the squirrelly stuff.
- Rita Rolen , South Carolina

2019-09-16 2018 Forest River Cherokee 274DBH View Listings

Great camper with a nice floor plan for our family of 4! Finishes were very nice. Full fridge was more than enough room for all our food for camping. Lighting and ambiance was very nice. Storage was great for our family. Really enjoyed this camper
- Heather Weaver, Ohio

2019-08-08 2019 Forest River Cherokee 274RK View Listings

all this happened the week we drove it off the lot brand new 1. AC stopped working the 1st day we picked it up our 2019 RV 2. Fireplace lights came on and wouldn't go off. stayed on our whole vacation. Very annoying when you're trying to sleep having a bright light shinning in your face. 3. Faucet isnt attached well and feels like its about to come off 4. leak under kitchen 1sink 5. wood damage caused by water under sink 6. spare tire tore off the back rack it was attached to whilecdruving down the freeway 7. shower trim keeps falling off 8. leak behind fireplace its worse when we are cleaning our tank 9. screw holding wiring under the slide is missing. and is being held by one screw. do the rvs not get inspected before they leave the factory? i would think that everying would be tripled checked before it got to the dealer. i just made my 1st payment on this rv and its been in the shop three weeks out of five and ive not enjoyed any part of our vacations worried somehing else was going to go wrong. its no fun going on vacation in 100° weather and the very 1st thing that goes out is your AC. its still not working after being in the shop 3 weeks.. it keeps going off and staying off for long periods of time. warranty may not be a problem workmanship is not warranty i was reading reviews today and see a lot of folks have had problems just like this. so its a problem at the factory. it was in the shop for almost three weeks and getting ready to go back in. and I've had it 6 weeks
- Debi Duke, Texas

2019-07-20 2018 Forest River Cherokee 274VFK View Listings

I really like my camper mover really had anything go wrong but I thing tows like s*&t can’t get over 55 with out sway and I have a dodge 2500 so it’s not the truck and I have sway bars and wight sway bar also and it’s still tows bad
- Nick bankert, Pennsylvania

2019-07-05 2018 Forest River Cherokee 264CK View Listings

I will NEVER buy a Cherokee again. First trip, every screw was loose. Shower door fell off. Water hoses not tighten. Kitchen sink faucet broke, sprayed and leaked water everywhere. Bed supports broke first trip. I called the dealer and the manufacturer with complaints. They were no help and said that none of these thing were in the warranty!!! Second trip, leaf springs broke. Plastic clips on doors broke.... We purchased this 5th Wheel new from the manufacture. Certified purchase. Certified regret.
- Don Nelson, California

2019-05-21 2016 Forest River Cherokee 22RR Limited View Listings

I would rate Forrest River as a 5 star product. I love this toy Hauler but the layout just did not suit our needs / plans. Yes I bought a bigger one. This trailer has better features that my new trailer does not. With a dry weight of 4871 it’s so easy to pull with my 1/2 ton pickup I don’t bother using the anti sway bar. Yes the gas mileage will suck but the ride is smooth. I would say this is a perfect trailer for someone single or married that likes to travel and take their bike also. I’m only giving this one up cause I can’t keep 2 but it’s not going to be given away either.
- Tim Turner, Florida

2019-05-20 2017 Forest River Cherokee 304BH View Listings

The floor plan is great the camper looks great but it is a piece of crap. I would not recommend anyone to ever buy a Forest River camper I have had problems since day one. My outside Kitchen door would not shut they sent a new door but it was the wall not the door the so called wiid is not wood it is flake board cover with something that is cracking and peeling. The element in the water heater went the awning stopped working after just 5 and 1/2 month now there is a leak in my roof and Forest River does not care about the customer they give you a lousy 1 year warranty and my camper was only used 5 and 1/2 months they basically said your warranty is up to bad. Don't waste your money I will be still paying on mine and won't even be able to use it. I have a disabled husband and son this was supposed to be my get away place and it's a piece of crap . I would never recommend Forest River campers to anyone
- Phyllis Miko, Pennsylvania

2019-05-16 2016 Forest River Cherokee 274DBH View Listings

Terrible camper. Look for another manufacturer and brand. I’ve owned approximately 10 travel trailers in my life. This camper discuss me. I bought an 2016 274 brand new, I’m on the 3rd “Cherokee “ decal on the front of the camper. It does not sit in full sun all day. I’m not sure what the front of the camper is coated with, but it’s not paint. Can’t polish it, or wax it, makes no difference. The camper looks like it’s 10 years old. Inside, the carpet is very cheap, thin and does not holdup very well. The couch has tiny cracks all over it, and not necessarily where you sit. Just cheap material I guess. That applies to the whole camper overall. I’m the kind of person that likes my things well kept and looking neat and clean. I’ve done my best to keep this camper looking that way. I’ve never seen a camper go down hill so fast, no matter what you do. I would never recommend Cherokee campers. Next time you’re in a camp ground, if there are any Cherokees, look them over yourself. You’ll see.
- Terry Bishop , Florida