Forest River Cherokee RVs Reviews (28)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Forest River Cherokee RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Kurt from Oregon says:

Have you owned any Forest River Cherokee RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Forest River Cherokee 244JRW View Listings

I like the floor plan for my self and my wife. i found the workmanship a bit lacking. the wall panel in the bedroom area kept popping off the wall. I suggested that the panel was perhaps a bit long. The warranty work was to pull the seam tape and re-tack the panel. It popped lose again. then the warranty work was to take off the seam tape, and re-tack the panel again. The replacement tape is wrinkled and I am not happy. The trailer came with some third market batteries. Dealer replaced them with Excide batteries upon my insistence. There was a loose wire in the wiring for the airconditioner unit. had to have it researched and repaired took weeks. the floor in the shower was not supported and it felt like the vacuum-form plastic floor was going to break. had to have a wooden block installed under the floor. The shade retainers were installed into the wall panel without regard as to how they would line up with the bottom of the window shades. about two inches too narrow. The night stand area in the sleeping quarters is so flimsy that the plug outlet came loose the first time I used it. The O-2 sensor is constantly on and drained the batteries flat. When I was charging the batteries, the alarm went off. I now have it on constant charge. The hardware on the screen door was misaligned so that the screen would not stay closed. The medicine cabinet catch was bent in an attempt to make it work even though it was misaligned with the catch on the door. The shower heads inside and outside were badly plugged with what is reportedly anti-freeze residue. All these things were discovered while we were on our first RV campout with friends and their units. They laughed at me for having purchased a pig wearing lipstick. Now I am NHTSA Recall for a wire that may be pinched against the chassis and trailer body. A possible fire hazard. and to have the paneling joint re-taped. Hopefully the abundance of bugs will have been worked out very soon. I come from a manufacturing background. There seems to have been little or no consideration for Quality Control in the manufacturing of this unit.
- Kurt, Oregon

2019-09-16 2018 Forest River Cherokee 274DBH View Listings

Great camper with a nice floor plan for our family of 4! Finishes were very nice. Full fridge was more than enough room for all our food for camping. Lighting and ambiance was very nice. Storage was great for our family. Really enjoyed this camper
- Heather Weaver, Ohio

2019-08-08 2019 Forest River Cherokee 274RK View Listings

all this happened the week we drove it off the lot brand new 1. AC stopped working the 1st day we picked it up our 2019 RV 2. Fireplace lights came on and wouldn't go off. stayed on our whole vacation. Very annoying when you're trying to sleep having a bright light shinning in your face. 3. Faucet isnt attached well and feels like its about to come off 4. leak under kitchen 1sink 5. wood damage caused by water under sink 6. spare tire tore off the back rack it was attached to whilecdruving down the freeway 7. shower trim keeps falling off 8. leak behind fireplace its worse when we are cleaning our tank 9. screw holding wiring under the slide is missing. and is being held by one screw. do the rvs not get inspected before they leave the factory? i would think that everying would be tripled checked before it got to the dealer. i just made my 1st payment on this rv and its been in the shop three weeks out of five and ive not enjoyed any part of our vacations worried somehing else was going to go wrong. its no fun going on vacation in 100° weather and the very 1st thing that goes out is your AC. its still not working after being in the shop 3 weeks.. it keeps going off and staying off for long periods of time. warranty may not be a problem workmanship is not warranty i was reading reviews today and see a lot of folks have had problems just like this. so its a problem at the factory. it was in the shop for almost three weeks and getting ready to go back in. and I've had it 6 weeks
- debiduke@gmail.com, Texas

2019-07-20 2018 Forest River Cherokee 274VFK View Listings

I really like my camper mover really had anything go wrong but I thing tows like s*&t can’t get over 55 with out sway and I have a dodge 2500 so it’s not the truck and I have sway bars and wight sway bar also and it’s still tows bad
- Nick bankert, Pennsylvania

2019-07-05 2018 Forest River Cherokee 264CK View Listings

I will NEVER buy a Cherokee again. First trip, every screw was loose. Shower door fell off. Water hoses not tighten. Kitchen sink faucet broke, sprayed and leaked water everywhere. Bed supports broke first trip. I called the dealer and the manufacturer with complaints. They were no help and said that none of these thing were in the warranty!!! Second trip, leaf springs broke. Plastic clips on doors broke.... We purchased this 5th Wheel new from the manufacture. Certified purchase. Certified regret.
- Don Nelson, California

2019-05-21 2016 Forest River Cherokee 22RR Limited View Listings

I would rate Forrest River as a 5 star product. I love this toy Hauler but the layout just did not suit our needs / plans. Yes I bought a bigger one. This trailer has better features that my new trailer does not. With a dry weight of 4871 it’s so easy to pull with my 1/2 ton pickup I don’t bother using the anti sway bar. Yes the gas mileage will suck but the ride is smooth. I would say this is a perfect trailer for someone single or married that likes to travel and take their bike also. I’m only giving this one up cause I can’t keep 2 but it’s not going to be given away either.
- Tim Turner, Florida

2019-05-20 2017 Forest River Cherokee 304BH View Listings

The floor plan is great the camper looks great but it is a piece of crap. I would not recommend anyone to ever buy a Forest River camper I have had problems since day one. My outside Kitchen door would not shut they sent a new door but it was the wall not the door the so called wiid is not wood it is flake board cover with something that is cracking and peeling. The element in the water heater went the awning stopped working after just 5 and 1/2 month now there is a leak in my roof and Forest River does not care about the customer they give you a lousy 1 year warranty and my camper was only used 5 and 1/2 months they basically said your warranty is up to bad. Don't waste your money I will be still paying on mine and won't even be able to use it. I have a disabled husband and son this was supposed to be my get away place and it's a piece of crap . I would never recommend Forest River campers to anyone
- Phyllis Miko, Pennsylvania

2019-05-16 2016 Forest River Cherokee 274DBH View Listings

Terrible camper. Look for another manufacturer and brand. I’ve owned approximately 10 travel trailers in my life. This camper discuss me. I bought an 2016 274 brand new, I’m on the 3rd “Cherokee “ decal on the front of the camper. It does not sit in full sun all day. I’m not sure what the front of the camper is coated with, but it’s not paint. Can’t polish it, or wax it, makes no difference. The camper looks like it’s 10 years old. Inside, the carpet is very cheap, thin and does not holdup very well. The couch has tiny cracks all over it, and not necessarily where you sit. Just cheap material I guess. That applies to the whole camper overall. I’m the kind of person that likes my things well kept and looking neat and clean. I’ve done my best to keep this camper looking that way. I’ve never seen a camper go down hill so fast, no matter what you do. I would never recommend Cherokee campers. Next time you’re in a camp ground, if there are any Cherokees, look them over yourself. You’ll see.
- Terry Bishop , Florida

2019-03-19 2013 Forest River Cherokee 39P View Listings

I have a 2013 Forest River Cherokee destination trailer and the wall on the slide is detaching from the floor due to the screws that they put in are too short. Forest River is tell me I’m out of warranty so they won’t cover the repair even though this is a manufacture defect.
- Colleen paonessa, New Jersey

2019-03-18 2019 Forest River Cherokee 274RK View Listings

At first was pleased, until we decided to use it on vacation...pipe for propane ran with bend in pipe, pipe broke...first problem.Pipe going to gray tank, broke, flooding underbelly, destroying all insulation, then another break in gas line.Forest River changes names of units, but still produces poorly made travel trailers!
- wendy Underwood, New York

2019-02-19 2019 Forest River Cherokee 274VFK View Listings

We purchased this RV in late November so we've only stayed in it for 5 nights so far. Overall, we love this travel trailer! We really like the floor plan with the kitchen in the front v-nose which really opens up the living area in the trailer. The v-nose also encases the LP tanks and the battery which keeps them secure and out of the weather. It also reduces wind resistance when towing. I get about 1 mpg better mileage towing this trailer as compared to our previous smaller and lighter Starcraft 2500rks. The shower enclosure with curved-glass doors is really nice. I like the 5/8" marine glued, tongue-in-groove flooring, the heavy axles and the E load-rated tires that came on the unit. The electric brakes work great. The electric tongue jack and electric stabilizers make setup a breeze. I like the outside bonded finish that looks like maintenance is going to be very easy. The cabinets are well made, the furnishings are the same Thomas Payne used in higher end fifth wheels, and the overall fit and finish quality is excellent. The only fit and finish problem we've had with the trailer is a loose piece of trim on the bathroom ceiling that was easily repaired with a little bit of adhesive. The biggest negative is that towing it can be a little squirrelly unless the equalizing hitch is properly adjusted and sway bars have been installed. We also had to add foam bumpers to pad the sharp cabinet corners over the kitchen counter nearest the entry door. While it's advertised as a "half-ton towable" travel trailer, I think this trailer might be a little much for a half-ton pickup. (We tow with a 2015 Ram 2500 diesel) So far, we're really pleased with our purchase. (I gave Factory Warranty/Support only 4 stars because we haven't yet used it but this site required a selection before allowing a post)
- William Johnson, Kentucky

2019-02-10 2019 Forest River Cherokee 274RK View Listings

Brand new...first trip, pipe broke off gray tank, filling underbelly, snapping propane line..latches broke on outside doors.A week of run around, excuses, taking photos...In shop for a day and a half.1,200 miles from home without a home....This unit slapped together with staples and glue and not inspected....highly suggest to shop different company
- Gary Underwood, New York

2018-12-16 2019 Forest River Cherokee 294BH View Listings

Purchased Travel trailer less than 3 weeks ago. We paid cash for the trailer and need to sell it now due to financial issues. Please make an offer. The trailer is fully loaded with full outside kitchen, ice maker, outside stereo system. Electric awning. Full size refrigerator. Will deliver free of charge.
- Melissa Thorner, Idaho

2018-09-30 2018 Forest River Cherokee 251RK View Listings

While this is a good looking trailer at first glance, our experience has been it is a poorly constructed RV overall. the problems started day one when we discovered that it was delivered with the wrong size tires and wheels on it - even though the factory DOT sticker listed the proper size wheels that the trailer was supposed to have. The first time we used it, water literally poured out of the shower enclosure all over. It turned out that not one ounce of sealant had been used by the factory when the shower was installed. We removed it entirely ourselves and reinstalled it properly. We also found that the shower pan had virtually no underside support installed while reinstalling the shower. The first hot weather we had this past summer caused wall panels to bow and pop loose. Turned out that the walls had large areas where no staples were used. After properly fastening down the walls in five different places, we now are still waiting for our dealer to receive he proper seam tape color from the Oregon plant where our unit was built. Last but not least during our latest trip out, water suddenly poured out from our kitchen cabinet all over the floor. Turns out the fittings on the back of the water heater were on hand tight. Easy fix, but not one that should have been necessary if there was an ounce of quality control used at the factory. Attention to detail is sorely lacking in Cherokee trailers. They look really great at first glance. Actually cheap finishes and poor workmanship along with slow to no support by Forest River are the “ norm” these days it seems. We have owned seven different RV’s over the years including a 2007 Wildwood by Forest River that we traded in for our Cherokee. Our old unit had no issues with anything and only required routine maintenance in the 12 years we owned it. There are just so many flaws popping up with our unit that I would pass on purchasing a Cherokee trailer!
- M. Gerard, California

2018-09-12 2018 Forest River Cherokee 294BH View Listings

We own a new 2018 Cherokee 294. It has been out for 6 trips with us this first season. I have come across some things to consider if you are looking at one of these. First is weight. It is advertised as 7450 dry weight. I suspect that is without battery, propane tanks, spare tire etc. I took it to the scales (after loading it) for our first trip out. 9000# loaded, no water. Definitely need sway control, she is squirrely, or she was. I've been tweaking the setup/hookup with sway bar (on my truck) and air bags. The last 3 pulls were excellent compared to my first 4. Check your wiring underneath. I found a main and the emergency brake control wires very snuggly wrapped around the corner of a junction box mounted just behind the tongue, before my 3rd trip out. No chafing yet, but I wasn't going to risk it. I re-mounted the wires so that they don't make any adverse contact like that, anywhere. It took awhile, but I wasn't going to risk my family or anyone else with in inadvertent trailer brake engagement. Poor manufacturing/mounting process. I am taking it into the dealer soon to have other items addressed. Doors not latching. The outdoor kitchen door was not mounted properly and the needs to be fixed. The control for the heat/air goes into spaz mode when you try to adjust temp. The fresh water tank leaks at the drain. My awning end caps separated on my last trip. One is on the side of the road I guess. The other I have taped back together. There is a water management issue in the middle of the awning. It runs down the side at the mid-seam, instead of the gutter. Overall, the trailer is good. It's on the heavy side for my F150, but with proper loading and hookup, I have mitigated most of that.
- Wade, Michigan

2018-09-03 2016 Forest River Cherokee 274VFK View Listings

This was our first RV- loved it! I lived in it full time for about 4 months, no problems. The newer floor plans are improving the bedroom area and adding the additional a/c was smart! Lots of space in the kitchen, would love to see more storage in the bathroom- but hey it is an rv! The outdoor LP connection is awesome as is the rear fold down storage.
- Ryan, Texas

2018-09-03 2019 Forest River Cherokee 294BH View Listings

Very disappointing. Here is the list that we are handing in tonour RV dealer for warranty repair right after spending $28,000 plus tax and license: LIST OF REPAIRS Sulphur smell (Gray tank venting inside) Strings on blinds adjusted (blinds dont stay up) Side cloth window panel by dinette not attached to wall Panel under bunk needs attached Bathroom screen door doesn't latch Hanger bars in closets need raised Contact paper edge coming loose in closet Window screen in back lower bunk falling apart Window screen in emergency exit in master falling apart Shower surround is separated from the wall at top Electric heater in water heater doesn't work AC thermostat doesn't restart AC (have to power off and then back on) Kitchen outlet on wall is sliding around Front door surround needs better attachment Passenger-side rear light (red) doesn’t illuminate Why is the tub installed backwards? There were problems after signing for it when the electrical wiring for the running lights and brake lights kept shorting out. We were there for hours when taking possession of the unit while the techs figured it out. I heard they build these things with a crew of people in about 45 minutes? Maybe they should take “an hour” and build them with some pride in their work.
- Timothy Sigler, California

2018-08-06 2016 Forest River Cherokee 274RK View Listings

bought nov. 2015 used in 2016 all is good 2017 husband had sugery in june an aug did not use then 2018 decals are bubbling, paint is chipping, electic jack not working, speakers have gone out an radiio wont work!!!! called forest river amerimax lippert and dealer where we bought it Paul Sherry in piqua ohio no help to remedy any of these issues. they all use the warantiy has expired howe convenient for them all no one wants to acknowledge some of these issues are hteir poor quality of materials or the manufacturing will nver buy a forest river product again even if it means not camping anymore!! traded in a 2006 sprinter should have bought sprinter instead they are well planned and very well made!!!
- John Lee, Ohio

2018-08-06 2016 Forest River Cherokee 274RK View Listings

- John Lee, Ohio

2018-07-08 2017 Forest River Cherokee 274RK View Listings

We have owned our camper for a little over a year now. This is the first brand new camper we have owned.this is also the poorest built camper we have owned. Save your money ($30,000.) for us.this is to be our forever home for retirement,and it looks so tacky with all the decals bubbling and peeling off,,,,very embarrassing.the layout is quite nice,but the quality of the workmanship on the inside is very cheaply done ,falling apart,,,etc. I would highly recommend not to buy a Forest River camper.From one very unhappy customer..
- Sallie Stimmell, Tennessee

2018-07-08 2017 Forest River Cherokee 274RK View Listings

- Sallie Stimmell, Tennessee

2018-06-20 2017 Forest River Cherokee 255P View Listings

What we like: Faucet in kitchen sink, flooring, aesthetic look, bathroom toilet What we don't like: Supports for kitchen table into a bed broke on first, wires not functional for rear camera, TV antenna not working, entire valence and drapery unit actually fell off the wall of the camper on 2nd time out, we noticed entire valence unit on another window was also pulled away from the wall, doors and walls seem to be just covered with a paper like covering and everything chips and scratched extremely easily, refrigerator does not run on gas, it does run on inverter but gas is not an option. We had a previous camper for 11 years and have never had problems like we have had with this camper. The inside looks nice, but it is appearing that this camper is put together very cheaply and is not going to last.
- Ronald, Wisconsin

2018-04-19 2015 Forest River Cherokee 274DBH View Listings

Purchased the trailer in 2015 new and after a few trips we managed TO STOCKUP ALL THE ITEMS WE NEEDED TO MAKE OUR TRIPS AS EASY AS POSSIBLE.TRAILER COMES WITH EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO HAVE AN EASY AND ENJOYABLE CAMPING TRIP.
- Ronnie Gordon, Louisiana

2018-01-17 2017 Forest River Cherokee 204RB View Listings

Have Used this RV on Several occasions. Enjoyed our camping in it very much. To the point that we want to go Full Time. We are now looking for a towable to do just that. Bigger. More storage for extended traveling. This Trailer is perfect for shorter outings and getaways.
- Robert Scouler, California

2017-06-21 2015 Forest River Cherokee 274DBH View Listings

Waste of money take your time research Read reviewsabout different manufacturers. Great layout enough storage space but very poorly made. Had many issues when we first got it. Many issues were resolved but now just 2 years later my paint and decals and literally peeling and flaking off my camper.and because my 1 year warranty is out they will only send parts and we are responsible for over 700.00 in labor costs to fix their poor quality.
- Heather Brown, Pennsylvania