Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf Reviews on RV Insider (54)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Tim Blair from Kentucky says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 27RR View Listings

Let me begin by saying u get what ya pay for , sometimes . As far as the camper we like it but the workmanship sucks , leaky water lines , no cotter key on one of the wheel brgs. , unit was anything but clean when we got it and allredy had 2 blow-outs fist year , in my opinion they put too small of tire on it , 14" load range c , but they won,t admit it or correct it , if I had it to do over I,d pass on this one . poor customer service and product,hope this helps someone .
- Tim Blair, Kentucky

2020-08-27 2019 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 26DBH View Listings

July 2019 Nothing but a pile of crap on wheels (that leaked) since the beginning. My brand new camper awning leaked like a sieve on our first rain storm over a labor day weekend. My friend's 15+ year old campers were dry, and I had water running down my door, windows and outdoor fridge area. Blinds wouldn't stay up, doors would swing open in transit, drawer catches broke off immediately, constantly popped the 30 amp break at every site we were at, had to run H20 heater on propane every time. Tires would be low/flat after sitting for more than a month. Cosmetically the siding was dented and storage locations were mounted crooked. I took this back to the dealer to get fixed and it took them over a month to get it back. This is now October 2018. Got it back, put it in storage. Got it out for 2019, all the same issues returned. Fixed them myself (was an hour and half to dealer one way) Forest River customer service was a joke. Dealership's only response after I got pissed was "Well, you didn't buy and Airstream" Summer 2020 Camping with friends (no sewer), was watching my waste levels, and figured the gray water level wasn't working (not shocked), thought nothing of it... went to dump station, and couldn't believe the little bit of water that came out. Got home and saw a puddle under back of camper after we parked it, the insulation belly was fully of grey water, the shower drain pipe broke loose and it poured directly into the belly. Current 2020 - DONE WITH THIS POS!
- Chance Mueller, Wisconsin

2020-08-18 2016 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 26BH View Listings

Biggest piece of junk I've ever owned. I would have been better off taking $20000 and burning it! I was gonna buy a Jayco but decided not to spend the extra $5000 boy was that a mistake!!! All I can say is spend the extra dollars and get a real camper!
- Dan, Florida

2020-08-16 2015 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 26RR View Listings

We bought our 2015 Greywolf new. There was an issue with the rear axle from the very beginning. The RV dealership Petoskey RV said the axles flexed normally. By the time we realized the axle was the problem, the camper was out of warranty. They would not cover any repairs. I called Forest River - they were absolutely no help & would not assist us. We replaced the back axle last summer. After 3 sets of tires. Currently we are Coming back from SD - we had another wheel bearing failure and lost the front axle.
- Kerrie Walden, Michigan

2020-08-06 2016 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 23BD View Listings

I like the walk around bed and the slide-out. That's where the pluses end. The finish and overall quality are horrible. Many screws were left off and build was unsafe. The screws that were inside, did not stay in the shower area. I would not buy one again.
- gkd358, Washington

2020-07-27 2020 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 26DBH View Listings

This camper is our ideal floor plan. The build quality is terrible though. Nail holes everywhere, metal shavings everywhere (inches from kids faces on the bunks). Pannels keep coming loose. The main door was cut too wide, so screen can't close and latch. Seals are installed incorrect and leak. Parts aren't available and the dealer network is horrible. Buying a different brand next time.
- Matt , Michigan

2020-07-13 2013 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 28BH View Listings

This is a very nice camper. It is plenty big enough for our family of 6. I especially like the U-shaped dinette, plenty of room. The slideout provides lots of room as well. The queen mattress is pretty good. We added some memory foam to make it really nice. The kitchen could have used a little more counter space. Overall is served our family well.
- Robert Osborne, Kentucky

2020-07-11 2020 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 23MK View Listings

We are completely satisfied with our Greywolf 23MK limited. The only thing which was annoying was the motion light in the bathroom. If you took a shower late at night the light would go out. I changed out the switch with a regular toggle switch. We have added the rear observation camera which was prewired and took about 10 min and it was up and running. Great little trailer, definitely 5 stars in my opinion.
- Terry, Ohio

2020-07-02 2013 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 28BH View Listings

Our camper has been a lot of fun for my wife and I and our 4 kids. We had a few minor issues in the first year but they were resolved quickly. We have camped a lot in it but with my sons being adults now we haven't been able to use it as much. The camper came with a lot of nice things already. Power slide out give it a lot of room inside. Built in speakers and entertainment system are really nice. You can even mount the TV outside. Power tongue jack is an absolute Must have. The shower is a little small. We mostly used it to rinse things off. Nice heated Queen bed. Large U-shaped dinette works great for playing games and eating dinner. We also had electric ran to it so we can hook it up at home. My wife likes to have a quiet dinner out there without the kids.
- Robert , Kentucky

2020-06-08 2011 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 29BHKS View Listings

Bought and paid cash in 2011 for our brand new out of manufacturing warehouse through Cheyenne Camping Center. Great people to buy from. However, after having our toy hauler for 9 years and enjoy every minute of it, we went to drive our Harley Davidson Trike in and the right rear wheel caved in on the floor at the ramp door. After further examination, evidently the camper has been leaking from day one, both sides of the floor are rotten, the joist were rotten, and when we rolled the linoleum back to see further damages, it started to crumble. I contacted Forest River, Brandon Harker, whom I will add has no people skills and rude as hell, and they stated that it was out of warranty and could not help. I wrote back that how were we to know that it was leaking to have it fixed? He emailed back stating the same thing and that after 90 days of purchase we were to treat the roof. I emailed him back and asked him to please show me where I was informed to do so. Have not received a damn thing back. Wish I could show pictures of the damages. I do recommend the Cheyenne dealership, just not Forest River campers.
- Tammy Blackwell, South Carolina

2020-05-25 2020 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf Limited View Listings

Biggest mistake buying this cheaply made trailer. Problem after problem and customer service at Forest River and dealership that sold it is nonexistent. Shower stall leaked. Many more water leaks popping up. Please pass word to pass up Forest River products
- Diane Reed , Massachusetts

2020-04-19 2018 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 19RR View Listings

I wrote a review a month or so ago. The problem we are having now is with the service or product warranty. The hard surface countertop around sink has completely failed. It developed hairline cracks, approx. 20. The retailer we purchased from tried his best to get Cherokee to back up their product but refuses. I can't believe they can get away with this. I plan to file a grievance with the better business bureau. The man's name at Cherokee who refuses to make this right is Brandon Harker ph # 200-499-2100 I think it's time we make these businesses stand behind the products and work they put out.
- Joy, Missouri

2020-03-30 2019 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 23MK View Listings

Love floor plan, fire place is grate on 33° keeping my camper worm. Only think I replaced after my first night is mattress, because one was inside like concrete hard. Towing with Nissan Armada never noticed it. I have it for 15 months and spend time in Nashville TN 2020 winter and 2019 sumer on Florida, AC works grate. I'll say I was blessed with this one so far.
- MG, South Carolina

2020-03-24 2019 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 23DBH View Listings

Biggest mistake ever buying from Forrest River. I have only been able to use my camper 2 times and have had nothing but problems. I have had it in the local shop where I bought it 5 time to fix electrical problems ,cabinets falling apart and water damage to the underneath. The local dealer fixed all they could to get me back up and going but Forrest River would have to fix the rest because they didn't have the right equipment and there was black mold. The dealer recommended that I don’t use the camper with the condition it was in. So I get in contact with Forrest River and they tell me it will be 2 months before they can pick it up. 2 months comes around and no calls or nobody to pick it up. So I get in contact with warranty department and they forgot to schedule me for pick up and said it would be another month before they could pick it up and said I should be fine to use it with the black mold in it. It has now been at Forrest River for 4 months and they were suppose to keep me updated thru email every Tuesday on how things are going and have done that only twice. I encourage everyone to not buy Forrest River they have no quality and don’t stand behind there word. Scam operation
- Cole hoffman, Kentucky

2020-03-16 2018 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 17BHSE View Listings

Bought our travel trailer in Fall 2017. Cannot begin to tell you how much we have enjoyed it. Fantastic dealership here in Michigan. We take many of our young grandchildren camping and everything works fantastic! Our only regret is that we didn't buy one sooner!
- Wrayjean Peck, Michigan

2020-03-08 2018 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 26DBH View Listings

I have some comments about the Forest River Grey Wolf Limited ...I bought a Grey Wolf Limited new in 2018.(As A matter of fact, I ended up buying two identical Grey Wolf Limited travel trailers - another story for another time). We selected the Forest River Grey Wolf Limited because of all of the features that were standard - not optional add-ons ... Now I have read some of the comments others have said, and I must say I have everything good to say about the Grey Wolf Limited ... Now, I understand that from time to time there may be issues with most everything you buy ... and when it comes to a big purchase like an RV Travel Trailer, I am especially aware of any possible things that may need attention. ... However, when there are things that may need attention, I have learned that it is the DEALER THAT IS THE KEY to customer satisfaction. ... The Dealer is the one that is responsible for the final preparation prior to delivery ... AND ... it is the DEALER that is responsible for any and all maintenance and repairs that may be required and if any / all maintenance / repairs / warranty work is performed in a sub-standard way, then it is the DEALER that is responsible - and it is the DEALER that is the one to be criticized ... The Manufacturer produces a product that conforms to required manufacturing specifications and it is in the best interest of the manufacturer to use the best materials available and to assemble the Travel Trailer with top quality procedures. ... Everything from the fit and finish of the outside and inside materials to the serviceability of various components ... There are specific maintenance items that are necessary to be performed on an annual basis to maintain the quality and usability of the travel trailer. ... Things such as caulking seals with the correct materials, clean/polish the exterior, etc. ... Oh, and by the way, it is not my intention to have this read or sound like a commercial for Forest River Travel Trailers --- I have no affiliation or connection to the manufacturer or to any dealer ... (And I perform all of the maintenance on my own travel trailer) ... .. I am someone who has had good experiences with the Grey Wolf Limited series travel trailer and feels the public should know that the possible issues that are posted on this site or on other sites are likely a rare event when compared to the number of Grey Wolf travel trailers in use today. ... Again, it is the DEALER who is responsible for the correction of any issues. ... My only purpose and intention is to give confidence to any purchaser(s) based on my experience with owning two Grey Wolf Limited travel trailers. ... Now, let's move on to the features of the Grey Wolf Limited ... Outside features: 32' overall length - makes it easy to tow down the road - I have a Ford Econoline - factory pre-wired for a back-up camera - electric tongue jack - rear fold-down rack for spare tire and to store accessories - power slide-out / power awning - large storage areas front and back - easy utilities hook-ups - 30 amp electrical - makes it convenient to hook-up to most campsites or to use a small generator if you choose ... Air Conditioner/heat unit is thermostatically controlled - way more than sufficient to cool the interior, even in the Florida sun ... exterior lighting - exterior sound system - fold down steps - screen doors on both entries - On the interior there is room for ten people to sleep, although six will sleep more comfortably - big queen size front bedroom - double rear bunks, sleep two people each - Blue tooth / electronic charging ports - Big pantry - LED lighting - and a whole lot more features ... Anyway, take this posting for what it is worth, in my personal experience, the Grey Wolf Limited travel trailer is worth every dollar of its value. ... And I will buy another one when the time comes ...
- Brian M Sullivan - Florida, Florida

2020-03-08 2018 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 19RR View Listings

We purchased our 2018FR grey wolf 19RR new. After the first trip out, 5 weeks, the camper was back at the dealership for over a month. Fresh water tank replaced(it was cracked), black tank was sagging so much it wouldn't drain(replaced and put strap on it). replaced both outside speakers. Steps had to be replaced(reavits) were coming out). After all that was repaired we really enjoyed it for the next few trips. Storage is good. Heat and air is great. Reception for stereo and TV was exellent(other campers have been a problem)We always use a fan in the bedroom as in most campers, it is needed. I believed the kitchen countertop was solid surface or at least top layer was solid. I was wrong!!!I noticed on the curved part right above stainless steel sink was bubbled up, after looking closer, it appeared torn..small tears, then a couple other places bubbled up. I purchased a marine epoxy product to coat those places until I could contact FR. We just returned home so tomorrow I will call, hopefully they will replace this countertop. Our motorcycle fit in this camper and road well. Oh the stove top is another problem . Other than my skillet, all other pots fall over, bad design flaw! Not enough metal support! Thinking maybe we got a lemon but with a few more replacement parts...lol...it will be cherry!
- Joy, Missouri

2020-03-04 2018 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 26DBBH View Listings

This Travel Trailer is ideal for the family who likes to travel down the road or even wants to stay in one spot for awhile. ... It is easy to pull and to park and set up. A"heavy half" ton pickup or SUV can easily tow the Travel Trailer to just about any where you can travel to. This Travel Trailer is equipped with most everything you need - it even has the leveling blocks, extra power cords and waste lines --- It is equipped with 30 ampere electric hook-up so it can go into most any campground - or - you can use a 30 amp generator to keep things cool (or warm)with the Air Conditioner / Heat unit that has the ducts in the ceiling. The power tongue jack makes it easy to connect. Also it is wired for a back-up camera to simplify backing up the Travel Trailer ... and to easily see who is behind you when traveling down the road. There is a fold down "rack" at the rear of the Travel Trailer that holds the spare tire --- and can hold the generator, bikes, or other accessories you may bring along. Your Travel Trailer even has bed linens, dishes, silverware, pots and pans, coffeepot, toaster and other accessories for your convenience .... there is even a flat iron for when the occasion calls for "duded up" clothes. The rear double bunks allow for two adults or four kids to sleep. The front queen bed is easy to access and also there are closets on either side of the queen bed. The front bedroom has two sliding doors for privacy. The pullout sofa can sleep one or two adults. The Dinette table can convert to a double bed to sleep two more people. There are two skylights, an exhaust fan in the bathroom, and all lighting is LED for brightness and to save on cooling and energy savings. The selling price is below the NADA price value and there is financing available if you want it. All in all, this Travel Trailer is available and"Ready to Go" ....
- Brian M Sullivan, Florida

2020-02-11 2018 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 20RDSE View Listings

We bought this in April 2019 as used. Got a pretty good deal. We have not had one issue with it. Everything on it has worked from day one. Used it on at least 10 weekend trips and all is good. I see a lot of negative reviews about Forest River rv's, however this one is excellent.
- Pat Taylor, Ohio

2019-12-15 2018 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 29BH View Listings

I bought this camper brand new at a camper show used it for one season and the roof leaks horribly. Runs down the wall and into the plugs and the warranty doesnt cover the fixes. In the back under the bathroom has bubbled out and is ruined. The heater has a mind of it's own. Had to take the cover off to get it to run right. The back of the toilet leaks. Overall I would not reccomend this camper to anyone.
- Curtis, New Hampshire

2019-11-03 2016 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 23BD View Listings

IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A QUALITY RV, THIS AIN'T IT!!! JUST RETURNED FROM A SHORT WEEKEND GETAWAY. THE DOOR WON'T CLOSE PROPERLY. COULD NOT CLOSE IT THE ENTIRE WEEKEND. IT IS LIKE A SQUARE PEG FITTING IN A ROUND HOLE. THE DOOR FRAME HAS SHIFTED. HAD TO SLAM IT EXTREMELY HARD TO GET IT TO CLOSE SO WE COULD LOCK IT IN STORAGE. NOT CERTAIN WE WILL BE ABLE TO OPEN IT. tHE INTERIOR WALL IS BOWING AND THE TAPE THAT HOLDS THE PANELING TOGETHER IS FALLING OFF. ALL THE PLASTIC TRIM MOLDING IS AS CHEAP AS IT CAN BE AND EVERYTHING NEEDS TO BE GLUED. THE SHOWER HEAD RECEIVER PULLED OUT OF THE PLASTIC SHOWER WALL. ALL THE DRAWERS ARE DISASTERS WAITING TO HAPPEN. THERE IS NOT ONE PIECE OF INTERIOR MATERIAL THAT ISN'T FLIMSY, AT BEST. THE MATTRESS, SINCE REPLACED, WAS UNBELIEVABLE. THE TELEVISION IS UNABLE TO BE USED WITH THE ANTENNAE. COUCH AND DINETTE SEATING WILL NEED TO BE REPLACED TO BE USABLE. OUTDOORS, THE DRIVER'S SIDE EXTERIOR FRONT PANEL IS BUCKLING. THE PLASTIC TRIM THAT SLIDES AROUND THE DOOR AND WINDOWS SLIDES OF INTO THE STREET. THE WATER COUPLING FOR THE HOSE MUST HAVE COST THEM AT LEAST A DOLLAR. THE STABILIZER JACKS ARE WEAK, CHEESY AND EASILY BENT. THE PLASTIC CASE THAT COVERS THE PROPANE TANKS IS CLOSE TO BEING UNUSABLE, AS IS THE BATTERY COVER. THE SLIDE OUT SEEMS TO WORK WELL. SAME WITH THE EXTERIOR LIGHTING. THE LATCH ON THE DRIVER'S SIDE STORAGE DOOR IS BROKEN. OTHER THAN THAT, IT'S A GREAT TRAILER WITH JUST A FEW MINOR COMPLAINTS.
- KENNETH LAURSEN, Nevada

2019-10-28 2020 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 20RDSE View Listings

Been traveling with this camper for 6 months now, love everything about it! The rear dinette window and farmhouse sink are definitely the highlights for us. We put in a new bed but other than that it’s been great, even had a guest sleep on the dinette once and they enjoyed it too. Every now and then have to tighten something up, but no major issues yet. Originals tires have been fantastic too (I think the nitrogen fill really helps). We don’t use the shower much because we use planet fitness to save on grey water space, but it works whenever we’ve used it despite being a little tight. Plenty of storage space! Highly recommend!
- John, Florida

2019-10-26 2016 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 22RR View Listings

Company has best mission plan, but "Warranty" of list, is "less than satisfactory" and "workmanship and its repairs" are execution proof, Forest River designers-purchasers-managers, need resetting-improving-poor materials, and factory-poor workmanship, etc.Too much..To List. Contact me..if interested. Walk the talk and poduce a quality product.Please..Another wanta B..with good business models ! But what is the Love ? With the independent dealers $$$ ? Dealer needs to Back Up..Their "poor" customer FACTORY Workmanship-complaints ? Really !
- Walter Hoo, Arizona

2019-10-20 2019 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 23DBH View Listings

Decided to buy a new travel trailer to replace my 2001 Shasta after a tree fell through the roof. We purchased a 2019 Grey Wolf 23DBH that we saw at a camping show. We picked up the Camper in April 2019 and immediately brought it to our seasonal camp site. Let the problems begin!!! Heat failed to work due to silicone glob blocking combustion. Slid out the couch and trim work fell off. Fireplace is crooked and not fully secure. Overall quality is extremely poor, even the stickers are crooked and falling off. I will NEVER buy another Forest River product again. If it wasn't so difficult to get out of my site I would have got rid of it by June. P.S. Customer Care does not answer or return calls!!
- Steven R. Plante, Rhode Island

2019-09-26 2011 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 28BH View Listings

I am appalled at how cheep these things are Ive owned this camper for 4 years and every single year i have serious issuses I will be selling because the entire camper is complete junk Replace 2 stablizers light switches the faucet never worked the awning is ripping to peices ive had electrical issues the axel is literally not fit for that weight when we pull out of the driveway the tire bend and creek like crazy wich leads me to the 3 wheel bearings ive had to replace. It also leaked since i got it The last straw for us was the first time we tried to take it this year the tire blew out and ripped the whole wheel well in seconds out with wood and power lines. left us sranded in the worst possible spot on the high way this thing has left us stranded more than any other vehicles we ever had we feel completely ripped off it is only a matter of time before somthing brakes that we cant fix and we have to pay 1000s for towing Again we are completely disgusted with this product
- William fleischauer, Missouri