Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf Reviews on RV Insider (43)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Tim Blair from Kentucky says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 27RR View Listings

Let me begin by saying u get what ya pay for , sometimes . As far as the camper we like it but the workmanship sucks , leaky water lines , no cotter key on one of the wheel brgs. , unit was anything but clean when we got it and allredy had 2 blow-outs fist year , in my opinion they put too small of tire on it , 14" load range c , but they won,t admit it or correct it , if I had it to do over I,d pass on this one . poor customer service and product,hope this helps someone .
- Tim Blair, Kentucky

2020-03-30 2019 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 23MK View Listings

Love floor plan, fire place is grate on 33° keeping my camper worm. Only think I replaced after my first night is mattress, because one was inside like concrete hard. Towing with Nissan Armada never noticed it. I have it for 15 months and spend time in Nashville TN 2020 winter and 2019 sumer on Florida, AC works grate. I'll say I was blessed with this one so far.
- MG, South Carolina

2020-03-24 2019 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 23DBH View Listings

Biggest mistake ever buying from Forrest River. I have only been able to use my camper 2 times and have had nothing but problems. I have had it in the local shop where I bought it 5 time to fix electrical problems ,cabinets falling apart and water damage to the underneath. The local dealer fixed all they could to get me back up and going but Forrest River would have to fix the rest because they didn't have the right equipment and there was black mold. The dealer recommended that I don’t use the camper with the condition it was in. So I get in contact with Forrest River and they tell me it will be 2 months before they can pick it up. 2 months comes around and no calls or nobody to pick it up. So I get in contact with warranty department and they forgot to schedule me for pick up and said it would be another month before they could pick it up and said I should be fine to use it with the black mold in it. It has now been at Forrest River for 4 months and they were suppose to keep me updated thru email every Tuesday on how things are going and have done that only twice. I encourage everyone to not buy Forrest River they have no quality and don’t stand behind there word. Scam operation
- Cole hoffman, Kentucky

2020-03-16 2018 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 17BHSE View Listings

Bought our travel trailer in Fall 2017. Cannot begin to tell you how much we have enjoyed it. Fantastic dealership here in Michigan. We take many of our young grandchildren camping and everything works fantastic! Our only regret is that we didn't buy one sooner!
- Wrayjean Peck, Michigan

2020-03-08 2018 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 26DBH View Listings

I have some comments about the Forest River Grey Wolf Limited ...I bought a Grey Wolf Limited new in 2018.(As A matter of fact, I ended up buying two identical Grey Wolf Limited travel trailers - another story for another time). We selected the Forest River Grey Wolf Limited because of all of the features that were standard - not optional add-ons ... Now I have read some of the comments others have said, and I must say I have everything good to say about the Grey Wolf Limited ... Now, I understand that from time to time there may be issues with most everything you buy ... and when it comes to a big purchase like an RV Travel Trailer, I am especially aware of any possible things that may need attention. ... However, when there are things that may need attention, I have learned that it is the DEALER THAT IS THE KEY to customer satisfaction. ... The Dealer is the one that is responsible for the final preparation prior to delivery ... AND ... it is the DEALER that is responsible for any and all maintenance and repairs that may be required and if any / all maintenance / repairs / warranty work is performed in a sub-standard way, then it is the DEALER that is responsible - and it is the DEALER that is the one to be criticized ... The Manufacturer produces a product that conforms to required manufacturing specifications and it is in the best interest of the manufacturer to use the best materials available and to assemble the Travel Trailer with top quality procedures. ... Everything from the fit and finish of the outside and inside materials to the serviceability of various components ... There are specific maintenance items that are necessary to be performed on an annual basis to maintain the quality and usability of the travel trailer. ... Things such as caulking seals with the correct materials, clean/polish the exterior, etc. ... Oh, and by the way, it is not my intention to have this read or sound like a commercial for Forest River Travel Trailers --- I have no affiliation or connection to the manufacturer or to any dealer ... (And I perform all of the maintenance on my own travel trailer) ... .. I am someone who has had good experiences with the Grey Wolf Limited series travel trailer and feels the public should know that the possible issues that are posted on this site or on other sites are likely a rare event when compared to the number of Grey Wolf travel trailers in use today. ... Again, it is the DEALER who is responsible for the correction of any issues. ... My only purpose and intention is to give confidence to any purchaser(s) based on my experience with owning two Grey Wolf Limited travel trailers. ... Now, let's move on to the features of the Grey Wolf Limited ... Outside features: 32' overall length - makes it easy to tow down the road - I have a Ford Econoline - factory pre-wired for a back-up camera - electric tongue jack - rear fold-down rack for spare tire and to store accessories - power slide-out / power awning - large storage areas front and back - easy utilities hook-ups - 30 amp electrical - makes it convenient to hook-up to most campsites or to use a small generator if you choose ... Air Conditioner/heat unit is thermostatically controlled - way more than sufficient to cool the interior, even in the Florida sun ... exterior lighting - exterior sound system - fold down steps - screen doors on both entries - On the interior there is room for ten people to sleep, although six will sleep more comfortably - big queen size front bedroom - double rear bunks, sleep two people each - Blue tooth / electronic charging ports - Big pantry - LED lighting - and a whole lot more features ... Anyway, take this posting for what it is worth, in my personal experience, the Grey Wolf Limited travel trailer is worth every dollar of its value. ... And I will buy another one when the time comes ...
- Brian M Sullivan - Florida, Florida

2020-03-08 2018 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 19RR View Listings

We purchased our 2018FR grey wolf 19RR new. After the first trip out, 5 weeks, the camper was back at the dealership for over a month. Fresh water tank replaced(it was cracked), black tank was sagging so much it wouldn't drain(replaced and put strap on it). replaced both outside speakers. Steps had to be replaced(reavits) were coming out). After all that was repaired we really enjoyed it for the next few trips. Storage is good. Heat and air is great. Reception for stereo and TV was exellent(other campers have been a problem)We always use a fan in the bedroom as in most campers, it is needed. I believed the kitchen countertop was solid surface or at least top layer was solid. I was wrong!!!I noticed on the curved part right above stainless steel sink was bubbled up, after looking closer, it appeared torn..small tears, then a couple other places bubbled up. I purchased a marine epoxy product to coat those places until I could contact FR. We just returned home so tomorrow I will call, hopefully they will replace this countertop. Our motorcycle fit in this camper and road well. Oh the stove top is another problem . Other than my skillet, all other pots fall over, bad design flaw! Not enough metal support! Thinking maybe we got a lemon but with a few more replacement parts...lol...it will be cherry!
- Joy, Missouri

2020-03-04 2018 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 26DBBH View Listings

This Travel Trailer is ideal for the family who likes to travel down the road or even wants to stay in one spot for awhile. ... It is easy to pull and to park and set up. A"heavy half" ton pickup or SUV can easily tow the Travel Trailer to just about any where you can travel to. This Travel Trailer is equipped with most everything you need - it even has the leveling blocks, extra power cords and waste lines --- It is equipped with 30 ampere electric hook-up so it can go into most any campground - or - you can use a 30 amp generator to keep things cool (or warm)with the Air Conditioner / Heat unit that has the ducts in the ceiling. The power tongue jack makes it easy to connect. Also it is wired for a back-up camera to simplify backing up the Travel Trailer ... and to easily see who is behind you when traveling down the road. There is a fold down "rack" at the rear of the Travel Trailer that holds the spare tire --- and can hold the generator, bikes, or other accessories you may bring along. Your Travel Trailer even has bed linens, dishes, silverware, pots and pans, coffeepot, toaster and other accessories for your convenience .... there is even a flat iron for when the occasion calls for "duded up" clothes. The rear double bunks allow for two adults or four kids to sleep. The front queen bed is easy to access and also there are closets on either side of the queen bed. The front bedroom has two sliding doors for privacy. The pullout sofa can sleep one or two adults. The Dinette table can convert to a double bed to sleep two more people. There are two skylights, an exhaust fan in the bathroom, and all lighting is LED for brightness and to save on cooling and energy savings. The selling price is below the NADA price value and there is financing available if you want it. All in all, this Travel Trailer is available and"Ready to Go" ....
- Brian M Sullivan, Florida

2020-02-11 2018 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 20RDSE View Listings

We bought this in April 2019 as used. Got a pretty good deal. We have not had one issue with it. Everything on it has worked from day one. Used it on at least 10 weekend trips and all is good. I see a lot of negative reviews about Forest River rv's, however this one is excellent.
- Pat Taylor, Ohio

2019-12-15 2018 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 29BH View Listings

I bought this camper brand new at a camper show used it for one season and the roof leaks horribly. Runs down the wall and into the plugs and the warranty doesnt cover the fixes. In the back under the bathroom has bubbled out and is ruined. The heater has a mind of it's own. Had to take the cover off to get it to run right. The back of the toilet leaks. Overall I would not reccomend this camper to anyone.
- Curtis, New Hampshire

2019-11-03 2016 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 23BD View Listings

IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A QUALITY RV, THIS AIN'T IT!!! JUST RETURNED FROM A SHORT WEEKEND GETAWAY. THE DOOR WON'T CLOSE PROPERLY. COULD NOT CLOSE IT THE ENTIRE WEEKEND. IT IS LIKE A SQUARE PEG FITTING IN A ROUND HOLE. THE DOOR FRAME HAS SHIFTED. HAD TO SLAM IT EXTREMELY HARD TO GET IT TO CLOSE SO WE COULD LOCK IT IN STORAGE. NOT CERTAIN WE WILL BE ABLE TO OPEN IT. tHE INTERIOR WALL IS BOWING AND THE TAPE THAT HOLDS THE PANELING TOGETHER IS FALLING OFF. ALL THE PLASTIC TRIM MOLDING IS AS CHEAP AS IT CAN BE AND EVERYTHING NEEDS TO BE GLUED. THE SHOWER HEAD RECEIVER PULLED OUT OF THE PLASTIC SHOWER WALL. ALL THE DRAWERS ARE DISASTERS WAITING TO HAPPEN. THERE IS NOT ONE PIECE OF INTERIOR MATERIAL THAT ISN'T FLIMSY, AT BEST. THE MATTRESS, SINCE REPLACED, WAS UNBELIEVABLE. THE TELEVISION IS UNABLE TO BE USED WITH THE ANTENNAE. COUCH AND DINETTE SEATING WILL NEED TO BE REPLACED TO BE USABLE. OUTDOORS, THE DRIVER'S SIDE EXTERIOR FRONT PANEL IS BUCKLING. THE PLASTIC TRIM THAT SLIDES AROUND THE DOOR AND WINDOWS SLIDES OF INTO THE STREET. THE WATER COUPLING FOR THE HOSE MUST HAVE COST THEM AT LEAST A DOLLAR. THE STABILIZER JACKS ARE WEAK, CHEESY AND EASILY BENT. THE PLASTIC CASE THAT COVERS THE PROPANE TANKS IS CLOSE TO BEING UNUSABLE, AS IS THE BATTERY COVER. THE SLIDE OUT SEEMS TO WORK WELL. SAME WITH THE EXTERIOR LIGHTING. THE LATCH ON THE DRIVER'S SIDE STORAGE DOOR IS BROKEN. OTHER THAN THAT, IT'S A GREAT TRAILER WITH JUST A FEW MINOR COMPLAINTS.
- KENNETH LAURSEN, Nevada

2019-10-28 2020 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 20RDSE View Listings

Been traveling with this camper for 6 months now, love everything about it! The rear dinette window and farmhouse sink are definitely the highlights for us. We put in a new bed but other than that it’s been great, even had a guest sleep on the dinette once and they enjoyed it too. Every now and then have to tighten something up, but no major issues yet. Originals tires have been fantastic too (I think the nitrogen fill really helps). We don’t use the shower much because we use planet fitness to save on grey water space, but it works whenever we’ve used it despite being a little tight. Plenty of storage space! Highly recommend!
- John, Florida

2019-10-26 2016 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 22RR View Listings

Company has best mission plan, but "Warranty" of list, is "less than satisfactory" and "workmanship and its repairs" are execution proof, Forest River designers-purchasers-managers, need resetting-improving-poor materials, and factory-poor workmanship, etc.Too much..To List. Contact me..if interested. Walk the talk and poduce a quality product.Please..Another wanta B..with good business models ! But what is the Love ? With the independent dealers $$$ ? Dealer needs to Back Up..Their "poor" customer FACTORY Workmanship-complaints ? Really !
- Walter Hoo, Arizona

2019-10-20 2019 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 23DBH View Listings

Decided to buy a new travel trailer to replace my 2001 Shasta after a tree fell through the roof. We purchased a 2019 Grey Wolf 23DBH that we saw at a camping show. We picked up the Camper in April 2019 and immediately brought it to our seasonal camp site. Let the problems begin!!! Heat failed to work due to silicone glob blocking combustion. Slid out the couch and trim work fell off. Fireplace is crooked and not fully secure. Overall quality is extremely poor, even the stickers are crooked and falling off. I will NEVER buy another Forest River product again. If it wasn't so difficult to get out of my site I would have got rid of it by June. P.S. Customer Care does not answer or return calls!!
- Steven R. Plante, Rhode Island

2019-09-26 2011 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 28BH View Listings

I am appalled at how cheep these things are Ive owned this camper for 4 years and every single year i have serious issuses I will be selling because the entire camper is complete junk Replace 2 stablizers light switches the faucet never worked the awning is ripping to peices ive had electrical issues the axel is literally not fit for that weight when we pull out of the driveway the tire bend and creek like crazy wich leads me to the 3 wheel bearings ive had to replace. It also leaked since i got it The last straw for us was the first time we tried to take it this year the tire blew out and ripped the whole wheel well in seconds out with wood and power lines. left us sranded in the worst possible spot on the high way this thing has left us stranded more than any other vehicles we ever had we feel completely ripped off it is only a matter of time before somthing brakes that we cant fix and we have to pay 1000s for towing Again we are completely disgusted with this product
- William fleischauer, Missouri

2019-09-13 2015 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 26DBH View Listings

Sliding windows are hard to open & shut. You have to get on the sofa on your knees to open the one. I can’t because I have bad knees. My husband has to do it. Very hard even after spraying. Seam in the middle of sofa ripped out from getting on it with knees to open window first year. Left bathroom light on for nighttime when our grandson was with us. It burned out, was all black, could have started a fire. Screen doors don’t shut well. Space in the top, bugs get in. Had to replace mattress. Way too hard. Not enough storage. We opened up behind kitchen sink to get access when we had problems and saw all the waisted space. Put a shelf there that can be removed Incase of future plumbing problems. Also cut out under bed on both sides and made cubbies with tubs to slide out because it’s too hard to lift the mattress to use storage under bed. Blower on furnace and air is so loud you can’t sleep or listed to tv/ radio.
- Janet Coleman , Michigan

2019-08-15 2015 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 27RR View Listings

We went from a 40 ft 5th wheel to this camper. We pulled it with a Ford F150 Eco Boost with no problem. We did not like the swaying but purchased a Hensley no sway hitch and it eliminated the problem. We were very comfortable for extended camping trips. The living/Kitchen area is so spacious and comfortable. The bedroom was smaller than we were used to but we had no problems adjusting to it once we had a regular mattress made for it (I do not like the mattresses that come with most units). We had problems with the Air Unit but it was replaced under warranty and there were no other problems. We also had an additional door added to make well storage easier. We would not be selling it if it were not for my husbands stroke. We will not be able to camp anymore.
- Ruth Woods, Georgia

2019-08-15 2019 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 22RR View Listings

Overall very pleased with our trailer our family of 4 fits nicely there are a few miner issues but for the price I expected them only major problem I found is that the shower needs more support under the base an loose fitting on the sink pulls ok with out half ton 2015 gmc dose pull down a bit in the mountains
- Paul Lawrence, West Virginia

2019-08-02 2018 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 23DBH View Listings

We fell in love with this rv because of its appearence and features that it offered. Love the floor plans and tow ability that it has. However after only a year old having problems already. I have had to fix minor problems such as plugs pulling out of the wall and ceilings, curtain track pulled out of the ceiling and door latches had to be replaced. The door has never worked well since we bought and the screen doors are junk and dont seal proberly letting bugs in. These are all minor until this past weekend the wheels that guide the slide in and out fell off and the wires and rubber seals also came down. I had a jayco for 10 years before this and never had to have a warranty claim. The manufactures need to have much better quality control. For instance all the wall plugs and tracks needed was hallow core anchors. I paid 2.00 for a pack of 8 and you could pull as hard as you want and it wont come down. Just a suggestion forest river. I would not recommend this rv unless you buy the extended warranty. At a labour rate of 100CAN a hour your not long getting your money back.
- Mackenzie , New Brunswick

2019-07-26 2019 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 22RR View Listings

Wish I had read all the reviews first! Quality is the worst ever! Bought from White Horse RV in south Jersey. Delivered with rusty hub caps and very dirty inside. And they were in a rush throughout the delivery. Over the past couple of months, the more we look at, the more disappointed we are! They used crap quality products, but even worse it is very clear that Forest River does not care at all about how crappy these are put together! I could have done better myself and I don't know the first thing about putting one together. Nice layout and if the quality was any better I would probably love it. But in reality, its just a very expensive lesson learned.
- Teri Rocco, New Jersey

2019-07-10 2017 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 26RL View Listings

this is the 3rd season we have lost. 2 years in a row ac went out had problems with it from the time of purchase. this year it was vandalized parts were ordered from grey wolf in march. it is now mid july and we still haven't received them, the WORST customer service I have ever seen. this is my 4th rv and have never had this kind of problems
- Ron Harshbarger, Illinois

2019-06-29 2017 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 23BD View Listings

This is my second new Rv first was a wildwood 20’ and it was great. Decided to upgrade and have had nothing but problems. I have had to replace so many things in the electrical system I won’t even try to fit it all in here. It’s in the shop now getting the Ac replaced for the second time. The Ac even when working doesn’t cool it down very well if it’s over 85 outside. I suspect poor insulation but haven’t torn into walls yet to see. Tv and radio wiring I had to completely redo the only thing that would work was the radio. Slide had severe leak ruining the paper wood grain trim boards. I could go on and on but would recommend no one ever buy a grey wolf. I keep hoping the electric problem eventually stop or burn it to the ground so I can be done with it. What a pile of junk.
- Jeremy Lovell, Oklahoma

2019-05-26 2019 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 26DBH View Listings

The AC is not adequate to cool the camper. Our first trip now May is provong difficult for my dog as he is sensitive to heat and the temperatures were not even that bad. The kitchen sink leaks, the toilet leaks, some of the plugs quit working. Shoddy craftsmanship and poor design of AC. We thought we were upgrading from our Nomad Joey, but the quality is really down hill. I feel ripped off. I will never buy forest river or go through Camping world again.
- Angela, Virginia

2019-04-30 2019 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 26DBH View Listings

Here were the things we like most about our new 2019 Grey Wolf 26dbh travel trailer: Double over double bunk beds mean our growing boys have more room to sleep and spread out Larger bathroom with separate shower and sink area (instead of connecting from the shower to the sink with a hose) Comfortable dinette area, which converts into a bed Two-person couch which also converts into a bed (this was key, because our boys want to start to bring friends along on trips, and this gives us extra sleeping areas to put them!) Kitchen area featuring an oven, stove and more counter top space STORAGE! Lots more storage than we had before, including a pantry right near the kitchen area Separate bedroom for us, the parents, with a queen bed, and more storage options A built-in electric “fireplace.” This was included in the model we selected – and we certainly could’ve done without it. But I’m not going to lie, this has been one of our favorite things to use on chilly mornings and cool nights! It even has a remote control to operate it, and make it change LED colors. Totally unnecessary and fun. The unit comes pre-wired with indoor/outdoor Bluetooth speakers, plus cable TV connections in the living area and bedroom. The electric fireplace is basically a fancy space heater. But it sure is fun making it change colors! The bedroom features a queen bed, plus three closet areas and over the bed storage. The bathroom is small, but functional. Awning with blue LED lights (the LED lights are also inside – it sort of gives the whole thing a Vegas nightclub feel, which we think is kind of funny). Indoor/outdoor speakers connected to Bluetooth Two large under trailer storage bays Outdoor shower connection (good for hosing off feet or the dog when coming back from an adventure) Dual entry way – one in the rear of the trailer near the bunks and one off of the bedroom One slide out making the trailer feel really spacious Electric tongue jack Double propane tank (great in case one goes out in the middle of the night) This particular model does NOT have an outdoor kitchen. We did look at some travel trailers with this feature. But after talking about it, we just weren’t sure we really needed it and/or would use it. We had plenty of room to relax and enjoy our week long trip to Destin, FL in our new Grey Wolf travel trailer!
- Liza Jones, South Carolina

2019-04-12 2018 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 20RDSE View Listings

The price is about the only thing I believe I really liked. The first thing pitch the matters. If your not lite weight you'll have to rebuild the bed. Make sure you check the fitting on all water connection,the pump under the bathroom sink the plastic cap on the pump was loose and pumped water all over the bathroom floor down under the tub soaked everything main floor Had to run a fan for days. Blue lights in the speakers quit working blue lights in the awning all came down.The carefree awning very cheap and now I read the seams might come apart. My Furrion camera quit working some where in Florida ? But they did replace it. SO the Warranty is up in June So I'm looking for the siding and roof to blow off next. Other then that we Love it. But it will be our 1st and our last Forest River Grey Wolf
- John, North Carolina

2019-03-19 2016 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 29BH View Listings

When i first bought it i took it home to clean it and admire it. The next day all the WOOD?(PARTICLE BOARD) was swollen and paper wood grain was torn open. Come to find out the p trap was loose and leaked water behind cabinets. Instead of getting repaired and replacing with like and kind i did it my self using real wood. After the first outing my son looked back at the trailer while it was being towed and there was a big bubble on the roof . When i got home i found the rubber cement meant too glue the leading edge didn't line up with rubber and plywood had to rebuild that. The CO monitor quit working all it does is beep so i disconnected it.Then the cushions came apart at the seams they had to sewn back together. Then the dinning table started to fall apart all staples holding it together was backing out used my kreg joiner and rebuilt it. Then the bed started to fall apart all the staples were coming out put it back together with screws. The second year i found the pex pipe was leaking at the water heater and had to replace piping and drain valves. The drip rail was put together with scrap and every time it rains water drips from behind the awning. Paint on front is starting to dull and skylights are turning yellow. The 3rd year the a/c quit working and had to be replaced the wood table is splitting apart big gaps at the edge i can slip a piece of paper into. Had to replace toilet rubber seal broke at drain valve upgraded to ceramic toilet. Went out this spring break and microwave shorted out and tripped the breaker only been used about a dozen times replaced it with new version and driving home the 2 tires on the drivers side blew out within 50 miles of each other one then the other. I made me curious and thru some research i found that a load range "c" tire is good for 1820 lbs times 2 that's 3640 lbs the trailers dry weight is 6600 half of that is 3300 and you place a 12 foot slide out over that side with food and you have exceeded the load capacity for those 2 tires SHAME ON YOU FORREST RIVER ! I WILL replace the tires with a load range "D" tire. Aferter more research i will replace the axles this year with larger units i believe that 2 3500 lb axles for a trailer that has a DRY WEIGHT of 6600 is pushing it. With gear and water it will be over 7000 lbs. After 3 years of ownership and looking at the build quality and materials used i will never buy another Forrest River. Its been a struggle to keep it looking and functioning like new with new axles tires and everything I have done to it in 3 years i have spent over $2000 and about 80 hours working on it
- Jeff Coker, Texas