Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf RVs Reviews (23)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Tim Blair from Kentucky says:

Have you owned any Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 27RR View Listings

Let me begin by saying u get what ya pay for , sometimes . As far as the camper we like it but the workmanship sucks , leaky water lines , no cotter key on one of the wheel brgs. , unit was anything but clean when we got it and allredy had 2 blow-outs fist year , in my opinion they put too small of tire on it , 14" load range c , but they won,t admit it or correct it , if I had it to do over I,d pass on this one . poor customer service and product,hope this helps someone .
- Tim Blair, Kentucky

2019-05-26 2019 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 26DBH View Listings

The AC is not adequate to cool the camper. Our first trip now May is provong difficult for my dog as he is sensitive to heat and the temperatures were not even that bad. The kitchen sink leaks, the toilet leaks, some of the plugs quit working. Shoddy craftsmanship and poor design of AC. We thought we were upgrading from our Nomad Joey, but the quality is really down hill. I feel ripped off. I will never buy forest river or go through Camping world again.
- Angela, Virginia

2019-04-30 2019 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 26DBH View Listings

Here were the things we like most about our new 2019 Grey Wolf 26dbh travel trailer: Double over double bunk beds mean our growing boys have more room to sleep and spread out Larger bathroom with separate shower and sink area (instead of connecting from the shower to the sink with a hose) Comfortable dinette area, which converts into a bed Two-person couch which also converts into a bed (this was key, because our boys want to start to bring friends along on trips, and this gives us extra sleeping areas to put them!) Kitchen area featuring an oven, stove and more counter top space STORAGE! Lots more storage than we had before, including a pantry right near the kitchen area Separate bedroom for us, the parents, with a queen bed, and more storage options A built-in electric “fireplace.” This was included in the model we selected – and we certainly could’ve done without it. But I’m not going to lie, this has been one of our favorite things to use on chilly mornings and cool nights! It even has a remote control to operate it, and make it change LED colors. Totally unnecessary and fun. The unit comes pre-wired with indoor/outdoor Bluetooth speakers, plus cable TV connections in the living area and bedroom. The electric fireplace is basically a fancy space heater. But it sure is fun making it change colors! The bedroom features a queen bed, plus three closet areas and over the bed storage. The bathroom is small, but functional. Awning with blue LED lights (the LED lights are also inside – it sort of gives the whole thing a Vegas nightclub feel, which we think is kind of funny). Indoor/outdoor speakers connected to Bluetooth Two large under trailer storage bays Outdoor shower connection (good for hosing off feet or the dog when coming back from an adventure) Dual entry way – one in the rear of the trailer near the bunks and one off of the bedroom One slide out making the trailer feel really spacious Electric tongue jack Double propane tank (great in case one goes out in the middle of the night) This particular model does NOT have an outdoor kitchen. We did look at some travel trailers with this feature. But after talking about it, we just weren’t sure we really needed it and/or would use it. We had plenty of room to relax and enjoy our week long trip to Destin, FL in our new Grey Wolf travel trailer!
- Liza Jones, South Carolina

2019-04-12 2018 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 20RDSE View Listings

The price is about the only thing I believe I really liked. The first thing pitch the matters. If your not lite weight you'll have to rebuild the bed. Make sure you check the fitting on all water connection,the pump under the bathroom sink the plastic cap on the pump was loose and pumped water all over the bathroom floor down under the tub soaked everything main floor Had to run a fan for days. Blue lights in the speakers quit working blue lights in the awning all came down.The carefree awning very cheap and now I read the seams might come apart. My Furrion camera quit working some where in Florida ? But they did replace it. SO the Warranty is up in June So I'm looking for the siding and roof to blow off next. Other then that we Love it. But it will be our 1st and our last Forest River Grey Wolf
- John, North Carolina

2019-03-19 2016 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 29BH View Listings

When i first bought it i took it home to clean it and admire it. The next day all the WOOD?(PARTICLE BOARD) was swollen and paper wood grain was torn open. Come to find out the p trap was loose and leaked water behind cabinets. Instead of getting repaired and replacing with like and kind i did it my self using real wood. After the first outing my son looked back at the trailer while it was being towed and there was a big bubble on the roof . When i got home i found the rubber cement meant too glue the leading edge didn't line up with rubber and plywood had to rebuild that. The CO monitor quit working all it does is beep so i disconnected it.Then the cushions came apart at the seams they had to sewn back together. Then the dinning table started to fall apart all staples holding it together was backing out used my kreg joiner and rebuilt it. Then the bed started to fall apart all the staples were coming out put it back together with screws. The second year i found the pex pipe was leaking at the water heater and had to replace piping and drain valves. The drip rail was put together with scrap and every time it rains water drips from behind the awning. Paint on front is starting to dull and skylights are turning yellow. The 3rd year the a/c quit working and had to be replaced the wood table is splitting apart big gaps at the edge i can slip a piece of paper into. Had to replace toilet rubber seal broke at drain valve upgraded to ceramic toilet. Went out this spring break and microwave shorted out and tripped the breaker only been used about a dozen times replaced it with new version and driving home the 2 tires on the drivers side blew out within 50 miles of each other one then the other. I made me curious and thru some research i found that a load range "c" tire is good for 1820 lbs times 2 that's 3640 lbs the trailers dry weight is 6600 half of that is 3300 and you place a 12 foot slide out over that side with food and you have exceeded the load capacity for those 2 tires SHAME ON YOU FORREST RIVER ! I WILL replace the tires with a load range "D" tire. Aferter more research i will replace the axles this year with larger units i believe that 2 3500 lb axles for a trailer that has a DRY WEIGHT of 6600 is pushing it. With gear and water it will be over 7000 lbs. After 3 years of ownership and looking at the build quality and materials used i will never buy another Forrest River. Its been a struggle to keep it looking and functioning like new with new axles tires and everything I have done to it in 3 years i have spent over $2000 and about 80 hours working on it
- Jeff Coker, Texas

2019-03-09 2019 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 22RR View Listings

We have owned 3 of these campers and have never had any trouble like we have had with this one. We did lots of research..it was a top seller in our area. We paid 24,000 cash because we had no reason to believe this one would be any different than the last 3..were we ever wrong...the furnace didnt/doesn't work..so we have put money into it trying to fix it..the floor has staples coming through it..the hinges on the door have broken already..non of the decals have stayed on which I realize is very minor but with all the other problems we have had it just adds to the frustration...we bought this to travel in..we r currently 2,000 miles away from home..It's not so easy to just leave our home with a dealer to be repaired..we're totally disappointed in this camper...Will never ever buy another one...The people who build these things must really hate the company !! Or they just have zero pride in their work...
- Mindy Keene, Georgia

2018-12-15 2019 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 23MK View Listings

Love the interior floor plan and the way it tows. Took it across the Country for 6 weeks, only used the microwave 2 times, the electric fireplace 1 time, the oven 7-8 times and the AC once. Next trip was a weekend thing. Microwave and the electric fireplace are hooked together on a switch in the fuse panel, that switch stopped working so neither would work. 2 weeks to get a new one and that one immediately failed. They have replaced 4 of them and furrion says there is a design flaw. The dealers hooked it up slightly different to see if we can make it work, we will see in the spring. That same trip the oven would not stay lite, dealer said it was the flame sensor, he tried to order a new one, about a $5 part. Furrion said that it is no longer considered a replaceable part and they have to replace the whole oven and stove. Same trip AC would not work, everytime it would try to turn on it sounded like someone threw a handful of nuts and bolts in a fan. While it was at the dealer it of cause worked fine and they cannot find what is wrong with it. Jus remembered that while on my 1st trip my Furrion observation/backup camera stopped working and Furrion had to send me a new one. Thank God for warranties. All the appliances are Furrion and not very satisfied at this time considering the trailer was brand new out of the factory.
- Roger, Vermont

2018-11-05 2008 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 29BH View Listings

Bought this trailer brand new in 2010, as it was a non-current. Purchased in Orno, Ontario. Took delivery in Jan 2010. Furnace was inoperative, stereo was inoperative. Have had the unit for 8 years, it is ready for the scrap pile. Totally rotted out. Roof rubber cut too short at the back, we didn't realize it but it leaked from day one. Plywood under the linoleum was frozen on delivery. Dealer was a crook. First trip to florida, and on a hot day all the window sealant ran out and down the outside walls. Dealer told me no problem, was not warranty related as this was considered normal maintenance. Need to carry 2 spare tires, as it seems to be quite normal to blow 2 tires in one trip. Have had to replace all the leaf springs. Replaced all tires twice. Trailer has made 3 trips to florida, and one or two trips a year within the province. (2-300 miles). Not comfortable towing it, would not surprise me if the axles and all fly off on the highway. At this point I have the whole back of the trailer ripped apart to try to repair some of the rot, cannot believe how shoddily this thing is thrown together. Everything is out of square, looks like maybe it is the first trailer they have ever built. Will never ever buy another Forest River product.
- Gerbrand Hart, Ontario

2018-10-31 2011 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 28BH View Listings

The roof is actually melting off and now mold is growing all over don’t WAST your money Berryland sux! so do the manufacturers of this piece of crap! I could go on and on about the problems we have had with this but do not have time!
- Karen Sampey , Louisiana

2018-10-26 2017 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 26DBH View Listings

Camper is poorly manufactured, had the ac replaced. Have a leak that won't go away, I replaced wood and studs once because they said it the lack of maintenance,bs insurance said it was improperly claimed at manufacturer. Still no help from dealer, going to send it to them to Investigate and they will pay to fix or lawsuit will happen.
- Cary , Louisiana

2018-10-22 2018 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 29BH View Listings

We have really enjoyed our Grey Wolf 29BH. Easy to tow and lots of space for the whole family. Love having the separate bunk house for the kids. The outdoor kitchen is an absolute must and makes cooking simple and keeps the interior clean and free from cooking smells.
- Erin, Ohio

2018-09-05 2015 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 26DBH View Listings

I wouldn't recommend this manufacturer to anyone looking for an RV. Poor workmanship, they don't stand behind their product and fix warranty jobs. They come up with excuses to get out of the work they need to do. They blame the owner! Very unhappy! They don't care. I will never, ever purchase another RV. This one ruined our experience forever! Can't even sell it with this known issue! I couldn't submit this form without giving it at least one star in all areas. They don't deserve even that!
- Stephanie Sessoms, Tennessee

2018-07-19 2018 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 26DBH View Listings

We love our new RV. It’s everything we could want and more. Had looked at a couple different RVs at a different dealer and went with this one. The price was very good I checked this model at other places and they beat there price. Lifetime warranty which is awesome. And our sales person was really nice and good to work with. Jon was the salesman we dealt with and he was awesome! He was honest and super nice which made the experience that much better! Would recommend Jon and this RV dealership to anyone! Actually everybody that worked with us was super nice!! Great job!!
- Paula Sowers, Kentucky

2018-05-07 2016 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 27DBS View Listings

We bought our 2016 Forest River 27 DBH from Fun Town RV in Waco Tx. They are a great group of people there and will help in any way. The problem is it is loosing the graphics on the front of the trailer and makes the trailer look cheap. I can understand graphics fading and peeling off after a long time period but not 19 months. We are not the only ones experiencing this problem there were several at the dealership doing the same thing. Forrest River will not take any responsibility for this because it is out of their 12 month warranty. I will buy from Fun Town RV but will not and highly do not recommend Forest River .
- Randall Betz, Texas

2017-09-09 2015 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 21RR View Listings

Awesome little RV. Perfect size to pull with short bed 1/2 ton pickup. Used mine to haul dirt bike camping, racing and fishing. A/c blows cold, electric awning, good size water tank, bathroom descent size, frig/freezer work great and cool down quickly. Overall easy RV to use...
- Eddie, Texas

2017-09-09 2015 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 21RR View Listings

- Eddie, Texas

2017-09-07 2016 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 26BH View Listings

I have had nothing but problems with my tralior from the got. The door, DVD, paneling, water lines, refrigerator, skylight, battery, siding and many other things have been a constant problem since I bought this camper. Don't purchase this camper. I
- Tracy wilson, South Carolina

2017-08-07 2013 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 28BH View Listings

this trailer has been fabulous and we have no regrets of owning this. We are downsizing so we can take longer trips. Many compliments and conversations on the trailer. We bought it because of the large centre area it allowed, especially for grandchildren's crib. thx
- Ross Mckenzie, British Columbia

2017-07-02 2014 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 28BH View Listings

We purchased this new from Noble RV, within the first 6 months we had it back to them multiple times to get it and other things repaired. We have had the floor replaced twice and needs to be replaced again, first time metal shavings cut through from under into our feet because they failed to clean it before putting it down. Second trouble was with the TV antenna cables coming apart in the wall; this year we have the siding staples pulled out on both sides in front and again the floor peeling up around the sink. Neither the warranty team or the dealer will accept responsibility. Will never use Noble RV or Forest River again. Both have poor customer service, It has been in service department waiting for repair work when we wanted to have vacations.
- Rick, Minnesota

2017-04-10 2014 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 25RL View Listings

We have had nothing but the best experience with our RV. It is very nice, like brand new we have used 4 times. It is under an awning at all times so no weather damage at all. Sleeps 6 very comfortable, immaculate!
- Joe and Renee McMahan, South Carolina

2017-03-05 2008 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 26RL View Listings

We bought this travel trailer 3 years ago used. We loved it. Towed easily, lots of storage room. Never had a problem. We lost it October 2016 in the flood. Rated warranty but never used it. Looking for another one.
- Gloria, Pennsylvania

2015-10-02 2016 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 25RL View Listings

Love this camper... very comfortable and meets our needs...
- richard, Louisiana

2015-04-15 2008 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 29BH View Listings

It's an easy tow behind trailer. Lots of room for a family of four and easy to clean after a long weekend of camping and fishing.
- Matt Bussom, Pennsylvania