Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf RVs Reviews (32)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Tim Blair from Kentucky says:

Have you owned any Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 27RR View Listings

Let me begin by saying u get what ya pay for , sometimes . As far as the camper we like it but the workmanship sucks , leaky water lines , no cotter key on one of the wheel brgs. , unit was anything but clean when we got it and allredy had 2 blow-outs fist year , in my opinion they put too small of tire on it , 14" load range c , but they won,t admit it or correct it , if I had it to do over I,d pass on this one . poor customer service and product,hope this helps someone .
- Tim Blair, Kentucky

2019-10-20 2019 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 23DBH View Listings

Decided to buy a new travel trailer to replace my 2001 Shasta after a tree fell through the roof. We purchased a 2019 Grey Wolf 23DBH that we saw at a camping show. We picked up the Camper in April 2019 and immediately brought it to our seasonal camp site. Let the problems begin!!! Heat failed to work due to silicone glob blocking combustion. Slid out the couch and trim work fell off. Fireplace is crooked and not fully secure. Overall quality is extremely poor, even the stickers are crooked and falling off. I will NEVER buy another Forest River product again. If it wasn't so difficult to get out of my site I would have got rid of it by June. P.S. Customer Care does not answer or return calls!!
- Steven R. Plante, Rhode Island

2019-09-26 2011 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 28BH View Listings

I am appalled at how cheep these things are Ive owned this camper for 4 years and every single year i have serious issuses I will be selling because the entire camper is complete junk Replace 2 stablizers light switches the faucet never worked the awning is ripping to peices ive had electrical issues the axel is literally not fit for that weight when we pull out of the driveway the tire bend and creek like crazy wich leads me to the 3 wheel bearings ive had to replace. It also leaked since i got it The last straw for us was the first time we tried to take it this year the tire blew out and ripped the whole wheel well in seconds out with wood and power lines. left us sranded in the worst possible spot on the high way this thing has left us stranded more than any other vehicles we ever had we feel completely ripped off it is only a matter of time before somthing brakes that we cant fix and we have to pay 1000s for towing Again we are completely disgusted with this product
- William fleischauer, Missouri

2019-09-13 2015 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 26DBH View Listings

Sliding windows are hard to open & shut. You have to get on the sofa on your knees to open the one. I can’t because I have bad knees. My husband has to do it. Very hard even after spraying. Seam in the middle of sofa ripped out from getting on it with knees to open window first year. Left bathroom light on for nighttime when our grandson was with us. It burned out, was all black, could have started a fire. Screen doors don’t shut well. Space in the top, bugs get in. Had to replace mattress. Way too hard. Not enough storage. We opened up behind kitchen sink to get access when we had problems and saw all the waisted space. Put a shelf there that can be removed Incase of future plumbing problems. Also cut out under bed on both sides and made cubbies with tubs to slide out because it’s too hard to lift the mattress to use storage under bed. Blower on furnace and air is so loud you can’t sleep or listed to tv/ radio.
- Janet Coleman , Michigan

2019-08-15 2015 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 27RR View Listings

We went from a 40 ft 5th wheel to this camper. We pulled it with a Ford F150 Eco Boost with no problem. We did not like the swaying but purchased a Hensley no sway hitch and it eliminated the problem. We were very comfortable for extended camping trips. The living/Kitchen area is so spacious and comfortable. The bedroom was smaller than we were used to but we had no problems adjusting to it once we had a regular mattress made for it (I do not like the mattresses that come with most units). We had problems with the Air Unit but it was replaced under warranty and there were no other problems. We also had an additional door added to make well storage easier. We would not be selling it if it were not for my husbands stroke. We will not be able to camp anymore.
- Ruth Woods, Georgia

2019-08-15 2019 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 22RR View Listings

Overall very pleased with our trailer our family of 4 fits nicely there are a few miner issues but for the price I expected them only major problem I found is that the shower needs more support under the base an loose fitting on the sink pulls ok with out half ton 2015 gmc dose pull down a bit in the mountains
- Paul Lawrence, West Virginia

2019-08-02 2018 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 23DBH View Listings

We fell in love with this rv because of its appearence and features that it offered. Love the floor plans and tow ability that it has. However after only a year old having problems already. I have had to fix minor problems such as plugs pulling out of the wall and ceilings, curtain track pulled out of the ceiling and door latches had to be replaced. The door has never worked well since we bought and the screen doors are junk and dont seal proberly letting bugs in. These are all minor until this past weekend the wheels that guide the slide in and out fell off and the wires and rubber seals also came down. I had a jayco for 10 years before this and never had to have a warranty claim. The manufactures need to have much better quality control. For instance all the wall plugs and tracks needed was hallow core anchors. I paid 2.00 for a pack of 8 and you could pull as hard as you want and it wont come down. Just a suggestion forest river. I would not recommend this rv unless you buy the extended warranty. At a labour rate of 100CAN a hour your not long getting your money back.
- Mackenzie , New Brunswick

2019-07-26 2019 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 22RR View Listings

Wish I had read all the reviews first! Quality is the worst ever! Bought from White Horse RV in south Jersey. Delivered with rusty hub caps and very dirty inside. And they were in a rush throughout the delivery. Over the past couple of months, the more we look at, the more disappointed we are! They used crap quality products, but even worse it is very clear that Forest River does not care at all about how crappy these are put together! I could have done better myself and I don't know the first thing about putting one together. Nice layout and if the quality was any better I would probably love it. But in reality, its just a very expensive lesson learned.
- Teri Rocco, New Jersey

2019-07-10 2017 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 26RL View Listings

this is the 3rd season we have lost. 2 years in a row ac went out had problems with it from the time of purchase. this year it was vandalized parts were ordered from grey wolf in march. it is now mid july and we still haven't received them, the WORST customer service I have ever seen. this is my 4th rv and have never had this kind of problems
- ronharshbarger@yahoo.com, Illinois

2019-06-29 2017 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 23BD View Listings

This is my second new Rv first was a wildwood 20’ and it was great. Decided to upgrade and have had nothing but problems. I have had to replace so many things in the electrical system I won’t even try to fit it all in here. It’s in the shop now getting the Ac replaced for the second time. The Ac even when working doesn’t cool it down very well if it’s over 85 outside. I suspect poor insulation but haven’t torn into walls yet to see. Tv and radio wiring I had to completely redo the only thing that would work was the radio. Slide had severe leak ruining the paper wood grain trim boards. I could go on and on but would recommend no one ever buy a grey wolf. I keep hoping the electric problem eventually stop or burn it to the ground so I can be done with it. What a pile of junk.
- Jeremy Lovell, Oklahoma

2019-05-26 2019 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 26DBH View Listings

The AC is not adequate to cool the camper. Our first trip now May is provong difficult for my dog as he is sensitive to heat and the temperatures were not even that bad. The kitchen sink leaks, the toilet leaks, some of the plugs quit working. Shoddy craftsmanship and poor design of AC. We thought we were upgrading from our Nomad Joey, but the quality is really down hill. I feel ripped off. I will never buy forest river or go through Camping world again.
- Angela, Virginia

2019-04-30 2019 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 26DBH View Listings

Here were the things we like most about our new 2019 Grey Wolf 26dbh travel trailer: Double over double bunk beds mean our growing boys have more room to sleep and spread out Larger bathroom with separate shower and sink area (instead of connecting from the shower to the sink with a hose) Comfortable dinette area, which converts into a bed Two-person couch which also converts into a bed (this was key, because our boys want to start to bring friends along on trips, and this gives us extra sleeping areas to put them!) Kitchen area featuring an oven, stove and more counter top space STORAGE! Lots more storage than we had before, including a pantry right near the kitchen area Separate bedroom for us, the parents, with a queen bed, and more storage options A built-in electric “fireplace.” This was included in the model we selected – and we certainly could’ve done without it. But I’m not going to lie, this has been one of our favorite things to use on chilly mornings and cool nights! It even has a remote control to operate it, and make it change LED colors. Totally unnecessary and fun. The unit comes pre-wired with indoor/outdoor Bluetooth speakers, plus cable TV connections in the living area and bedroom. The electric fireplace is basically a fancy space heater. But it sure is fun making it change colors! The bedroom features a queen bed, plus three closet areas and over the bed storage. The bathroom is small, but functional. Awning with blue LED lights (the LED lights are also inside – it sort of gives the whole thing a Vegas nightclub feel, which we think is kind of funny). Indoor/outdoor speakers connected to Bluetooth Two large under trailer storage bays Outdoor shower connection (good for hosing off feet or the dog when coming back from an adventure) Dual entry way – one in the rear of the trailer near the bunks and one off of the bedroom One slide out making the trailer feel really spacious Electric tongue jack Double propane tank (great in case one goes out in the middle of the night) This particular model does NOT have an outdoor kitchen. We did look at some travel trailers with this feature. But after talking about it, we just weren’t sure we really needed it and/or would use it. We had plenty of room to relax and enjoy our week long trip to Destin, FL in our new Grey Wolf travel trailer!
- Liza Jones, South Carolina

2019-04-12 2018 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 20RDSE View Listings

The price is about the only thing I believe I really liked. The first thing pitch the matters. If your not lite weight you'll have to rebuild the bed. Make sure you check the fitting on all water connection,the pump under the bathroom sink the plastic cap on the pump was loose and pumped water all over the bathroom floor down under the tub soaked everything main floor Had to run a fan for days. Blue lights in the speakers quit working blue lights in the awning all came down.The carefree awning very cheap and now I read the seams might come apart. My Furrion camera quit working some where in Florida ? But they did replace it. SO the Warranty is up in June So I'm looking for the siding and roof to blow off next. Other then that we Love it. But it will be our 1st and our last Forest River Grey Wolf
- John, North Carolina

2019-03-19 2016 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 29BH View Listings

When i first bought it i took it home to clean it and admire it. The next day all the WOOD?(PARTICLE BOARD) was swollen and paper wood grain was torn open. Come to find out the p trap was loose and leaked water behind cabinets. Instead of getting repaired and replacing with like and kind i did it my self using real wood. After the first outing my son looked back at the trailer while it was being towed and there was a big bubble on the roof . When i got home i found the rubber cement meant too glue the leading edge didn't line up with rubber and plywood had to rebuild that. The CO monitor quit working all it does is beep so i disconnected it.Then the cushions came apart at the seams they had to sewn back together. Then the dinning table started to fall apart all staples holding it together was backing out used my kreg joiner and rebuilt it. Then the bed started to fall apart all the staples were coming out put it back together with screws. The second year i found the pex pipe was leaking at the water heater and had to replace piping and drain valves. The drip rail was put together with scrap and every time it rains water drips from behind the awning. Paint on front is starting to dull and skylights are turning yellow. The 3rd year the a/c quit working and had to be replaced the wood table is splitting apart big gaps at the edge i can slip a piece of paper into. Had to replace toilet rubber seal broke at drain valve upgraded to ceramic toilet. Went out this spring break and microwave shorted out and tripped the breaker only been used about a dozen times replaced it with new version and driving home the 2 tires on the drivers side blew out within 50 miles of each other one then the other. I made me curious and thru some research i found that a load range "c" tire is good for 1820 lbs times 2 that's 3640 lbs the trailers dry weight is 6600 half of that is 3300 and you place a 12 foot slide out over that side with food and you have exceeded the load capacity for those 2 tires SHAME ON YOU FORREST RIVER ! I WILL replace the tires with a load range "D" tire. Aferter more research i will replace the axles this year with larger units i believe that 2 3500 lb axles for a trailer that has a DRY WEIGHT of 6600 is pushing it. With gear and water it will be over 7000 lbs. After 3 years of ownership and looking at the build quality and materials used i will never buy another Forrest River. Its been a struggle to keep it looking and functioning like new with new axles tires and everything I have done to it in 3 years i have spent over $2000 and about 80 hours working on it
- Jeff Coker, Texas

2019-03-09 2019 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 22RR View Listings

We have owned 3 of these campers and have never had any trouble like we have had with this one. We did lots of research..it was a top seller in our area. We paid 24,000 cash because we had no reason to believe this one would be any different than the last 3..were we ever wrong...the furnace didnt/doesn't work..so we have put money into it trying to fix it..the floor has staples coming through it..the hinges on the door have broken already..non of the decals have stayed on which I realize is very minor but with all the other problems we have had it just adds to the frustration...we bought this to travel in..we r currently 2,000 miles away from home..It's not so easy to just leave our home with a dealer to be repaired..we're totally disappointed in this camper...Will never ever buy another one...The people who build these things must really hate the company !! Or they just have zero pride in their work...
- Mindy Keene, Georgia

2018-12-15 2019 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 23MK View Listings

Love the interior floor plan and the way it tows. Took it across the Country for 6 weeks, only used the microwave 2 times, the electric fireplace 1 time, the oven 7-8 times and the AC once. Next trip was a weekend thing. Microwave and the electric fireplace are hooked together on a switch in the fuse panel, that switch stopped working so neither would work. 2 weeks to get a new one and that one immediately failed. They have replaced 4 of them and furrion says there is a design flaw. The dealers hooked it up slightly different to see if we can make it work, we will see in the spring. That same trip the oven would not stay lite, dealer said it was the flame sensor, he tried to order a new one, about a $5 part. Furrion said that it is no longer considered a replaceable part and they have to replace the whole oven and stove. Same trip AC would not work, everytime it would try to turn on it sounded like someone threw a handful of nuts and bolts in a fan. While it was at the dealer it of cause worked fine and they cannot find what is wrong with it. Jus remembered that while on my 1st trip my Furrion observation/backup camera stopped working and Furrion had to send me a new one. Thank God for warranties. All the appliances are Furrion and not very satisfied at this time considering the trailer was brand new out of the factory.
- Roger, Vermont

2018-11-05 2008 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 29BH View Listings

Bought this trailer brand new in 2010, as it was a non-current. Purchased in Orno, Ontario. Took delivery in Jan 2010. Furnace was inoperative, stereo was inoperative. Have had the unit for 8 years, it is ready for the scrap pile. Totally rotted out. Roof rubber cut too short at the back, we didn't realize it but it leaked from day one. Plywood under the linoleum was frozen on delivery. Dealer was a crook. First trip to florida, and on a hot day all the window sealant ran out and down the outside walls. Dealer told me no problem, was not warranty related as this was considered normal maintenance. Need to carry 2 spare tires, as it seems to be quite normal to blow 2 tires in one trip. Have had to replace all the leaf springs. Replaced all tires twice. Trailer has made 3 trips to florida, and one or two trips a year within the province. (2-300 miles). Not comfortable towing it, would not surprise me if the axles and all fly off on the highway. At this point I have the whole back of the trailer ripped apart to try to repair some of the rot, cannot believe how shoddily this thing is thrown together. Everything is out of square, looks like maybe it is the first trailer they have ever built. Will never ever buy another Forest River product.
- Gerbrand Hart, Ontario

2018-10-31 2011 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 28BH View Listings

The roof is actually melting off and now mold is growing all over don’t WAST your money Berryland sux! so do the manufacturers of this piece of crap! I could go on and on about the problems we have had with this but do not have time!
- Karen Sampey , Louisiana

2018-10-26 2017 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 26DBH View Listings

Camper is poorly manufactured, had the ac replaced. Have a leak that won't go away, I replaced wood and studs once because they said it the lack of maintenance,bs insurance said it was improperly claimed at manufacturer. Still no help from dealer, going to send it to them to Investigate and they will pay to fix or lawsuit will happen.
- Cary , Louisiana

2018-10-22 2018 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 29BH View Listings

We have really enjoyed our Grey Wolf 29BH. Easy to tow and lots of space for the whole family. Love having the separate bunk house for the kids. The outdoor kitchen is an absolute must and makes cooking simple and keeps the interior clean and free from cooking smells.
- Erin, Ohio

2018-09-05 2015 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 26DBH View Listings

I wouldn't recommend this manufacturer to anyone looking for an RV. Poor workmanship, they don't stand behind their product and fix warranty jobs. They come up with excuses to get out of the work they need to do. They blame the owner! Very unhappy! They don't care. I will never, ever purchase another RV. This one ruined our experience forever! Can't even sell it with this known issue! I couldn't submit this form without giving it at least one star in all areas. They don't deserve even that!
- Stephanie Sessoms, Tennessee

2018-07-19 2018 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 26DBH View Listings

We love our new RV. It’s everything we could want and more. Had looked at a couple different RVs at a different dealer and went with this one. The price was very good I checked this model at other places and they beat there price. Lifetime warranty which is awesome. And our sales person was really nice and good to work with. Jon was the salesman we dealt with and he was awesome! He was honest and super nice which made the experience that much better! Would recommend Jon and this RV dealership to anyone! Actually everybody that worked with us was super nice!! Great job!!
- Paula Sowers, Kentucky

2018-05-07 2016 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 27DBS View Listings

We bought our 2016 Forest River 27 DBH from Fun Town RV in Waco Tx. They are a great group of people there and will help in any way. The problem is it is loosing the graphics on the front of the trailer and makes the trailer look cheap. I can understand graphics fading and peeling off after a long time period but not 19 months. We are not the only ones experiencing this problem there were several at the dealership doing the same thing. Forrest River will not take any responsibility for this because it is out of their 12 month warranty. I will buy from Fun Town RV but will not and highly do not recommend Forest River .
- Randall Betz, Texas

2017-09-09 2015 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 21RR View Listings

Awesome little RV. Perfect size to pull with short bed 1/2 ton pickup. Used mine to haul dirt bike camping, racing and fishing. A/c blows cold, electric awning, good size water tank, bathroom descent size, frig/freezer work great and cool down quickly. Overall easy RV to use...
- Eddie, Texas