Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf Reviews on RV Insider (63)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Tim Blair from Kentucky says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 27RR View Listings

Let me begin by saying u get what ya pay for , sometimes . As far as the camper we like it but the workmanship sucks , leaky water lines , no cotter key on one of the wheel brgs. , unit was anything but clean when we got it and allredy had 2 blow-outs fist year , in my opinion they put too small of tire on it , 14" load range c , but they won,t admit it or correct it , if I had it to do over I,d pass on this one . poor customer service and product,hope this helps someone .
- Tim Blair, Kentucky

2021-05-01 2019 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 22RD View Listings

Don’t make these anymore. Rear dining with couch at rear with big windows all around. Great for backing in to lakes etc. We bought it for the floor plan. For two people it’s ideal. Workmanship is average. We got the limited edition, which has many upgrades, one of two in the province. Had no problems except for a bedroom wall sheeting that came apart. No problems with our dealer. Is a hit with seniors for size and floor plan. Very satisfied so far.
- Larry Winter, British Columbia

2021-04-26 2020 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 26DBH View Listings

Horrible experience. Stay away. Bought new in August of 2020. In for repairs 3 times by April of 2021. Minor things that would shake loose when we traveled. Then a water pump next a leaking shower and then a door that would not lock. Waited for warranty authorization for 12 days. After a 35 minute hold I finally got through to the right department at Forest River. Was given excuses why it had not been sent out. Terrible warranty - terrible customer service - we have owed 8 Campers. First Forest River. Never again.
- Very unsatisfied customer, Alabama

2021-04-22 2019 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 27DBH View Listings

We love our tt. We bought it new in January of 2019. We have not had too many problems. I have done some mods over the past 2 years to get everything We wanted. Overall this trailer is perfect for my family of 6. Some of the build materials are cheap. The research I did on them before I bought mine showed that a lot of manufacturers do this to save on weight. I did not run into anything I didn't expect. For the price I paid I am very happy with my trailer.
- Peter, Wisconsin

2021-04-10 2021 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 23MK Limited View Listings

Bought this Unit 1/23/21, Brought it home. 1 week later we were inside with the slideout out, tried to bring it in with no avail. Found a wire several weeks later with a screw in it from the factory. We called the dealer with little help, the Manufacturer was no existent. I fixed it myself. Took the unit out 4/9/21. The back up camera did not work(installed by the dealer because they sold it with one that was missing). Pulled the camera and marker light that it was connected to. Found a loose wire. I also found that the marker lights have a 3/4" hole behind them without sealant. When I got home, I removed every light and filled the holes with silicone. I will look everything else over to make sure it is sealed. These units look awesome and have a great floor plan. THE QUALITY OF MANUFACTURING IS PATHETIC! Not a good representation of The Investors!!!!!!!!!!
- William E Curler, Iowa

2021-04-09 2020 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 26DBH View Listings

This so called business is the worst to deal with. We have been "trying" to work with Big Daddy's RV for the past 3 weeks to get our camper that we put a deposit down on. Having someone call you back is almost impossible. Whomever answers the phone takes messages but you never receive a return call. The salesman keeps blaming the sales manager, Terry on the lack of communication. This is not a customer service oriented business at all. I would love to be able to put 0 stars.
- Monica Bucher, Kentucky

2021-04-07 2020 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 23MK View Listings

If you are not handy and want to worry free "quality built" trailer DO NOT BUY A FOREST RIVER ! The quality is garbage, the fit and finish is horrible, the shelves are flimsy just all around very sloppy build. At first glance I fell in love with my TT I never buy new but said you know what I'm moving off grid I need something for a year I'm just going to buy new so it can be worry free. First off there is SO much wasted space for a fairly good size trailer. The cabinets can't hold any weight of they won't work right, the doors don't stay closed, the exterior looks good from 20 feet. Do your self a favor if you plan to keep it for a while get a case of silicone and go over everything that the dummy skipped from the factory, also check every single fitting, I found the kitchen sink drain was hardly hand tight. Just on the hour back from dealership screws where rolling around on the floor that fell out, light covers missing. If I had the option to return it the next day I would have but it's just not in my cards so I will go over everything and reenforce all the necessary weak links and dig in deeper to make sure the trailer is ACTUALLY SAFE. I thought about writing an email to forest river but after much research from other buyers it's a waste of time. Maybe they need to put out less units and focus on the quality of the ones they do put out! Personal I would recommend a different company I would say spend more but the unit I got was apparently the "best couples travel trailer" you can buy, boy I hope that's not true.
- Shaun, New Hampshire

2021-03-19 2021 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 26DBH View Listings

Let me start by saying, this is my first TT. My family looked at many different manufacturers and similar models. We kept coming back to the Forest River Grey Wolf 26DBH. Mainly due to what you get for a between entry level and a TT for seasoned campers. I like the layout and ease of learning the trailer. The components seem of standard what goes into these particular trailers. So far, no real issues. Are there things that could be easily improved? Sure. First, the toilet line should be a flexible braided line with a in-line shutoff valve. From the get go the valve on the new toilet leaked. I took the opportunity to buy a new valve and also a Sharkbite braided line with shut off valve which is beyond me why FR does not do this at the factory. Outdoor storage doors should utilize the magnet system rather than very cheap plastic tab latches. These will certainly get broken I am sure. The extended oversized grab bar on the kitchen entry door has to be opened to allow opening of the outdoor kitchen/grill area. The grab bar could have been designed and curved to allow otherwise. The master bedroom bed storage flip up should have come with gas shocks to allow it to stay open when you need to access underneath. Easy modification but none the less, Forest River could do that at the factory for cheap. A exterior roof ladder would have been nice. Crazy they didn't design a travel trailer with it! The deep cycle battery box has no drainage. Therefore, water will eventually rise to the top if you don't drill a few in the bottom. Again, a oversight. I do wish they would have ducted the master bedroom for the furnace heat. Oversight again on that one too. These are in no way a deal killer, just things you must do and/or Forest River should address for future revisions. Simple and really needs to be standard. But for the price point of this TT, we as newbies to the RV culture are pleased. Would I buy it again? Sure. Great TT for anyone needing a economical and not over the top system as we will use it 5-6 times per year and not lengthy sessions at a time like some do.
- Michael, North Carolina

2021-02-19 2017 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 22RR View Listings

First : We love the Grey Wolf 22RR. Best overall purchase we have made. The Dealership is the key ! Let me repeat, It's the DEALER that makes the difference. Period! My personal experience : The day I was scheduled to pick the trailer, they recommended a morning appointment so I would have time to inspect and let them show me everything. When I arrived being in Texas the ac was running and everything was hooked up as if I was camping. The staff took their time explained and showed me how to do everything. Then they actually watched me do it until I was comfortable doing it on my own. ( Hooking up sway bars, unhitching, turning on water tank, electric and then propane, Power awning, Fridge, lights etc....) At no time did I feel rushed, ( Side note: we bid notice a small scratch on the table,and a tear in the bedding. They said they would get me another one, then I forgot about it ) Everything worked , no issues.. Trailer was spotless and we left.. Two weeks later ups delivered a new table and comforter. Yes, We love the 22RR and even more Funtown RV in Wharton, Texas ! Yes, its the dealer that preps the trailer that's makes the difference !!!
- Blair, Texas

2021-02-17 2017 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 23MK View Listings

We purchased this travel trailer at retirement and found it very easy to hook-up and to tow. Spacious living area and plenty of storage. Bathroom very spacious for a small travel trailer. We love our Grey Wolfand have made many good memories.
- Ellie Galloway, Virginia

2020-08-27 2019 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 26DBH View Listings

July 2019 Nothing but a pile of crap on wheels (that leaked) since the beginning. My brand new camper awning leaked like a sieve on our first rain storm over a labor day weekend. My friend's 15+ year old campers were dry, and I had water running down my door, windows and outdoor fridge area. Blinds wouldn't stay up, doors would swing open in transit, drawer catches broke off immediately, constantly popped the 30 amp break at every site we were at, had to run H20 heater on propane every time. Tires would be low/flat after sitting for more than a month. Cosmetically the siding was dented and storage locations were mounted crooked. I took this back to the dealer to get fixed and it took them over a month to get it back. This is now October 2018. Got it back, put it in storage. Got it out for 2019, all the same issues returned. Fixed them myself (was an hour and half to dealer one way) Forest River customer service was a joke. Dealership's only response after I got pissed was "Well, you didn't buy and Airstream" Summer 2020 Camping with friends (no sewer), was watching my waste levels, and figured the gray water level wasn't working (not shocked), thought nothing of it... went to dump station, and couldn't believe the little bit of water that came out. Got home and saw a puddle under back of camper after we parked it, the insulation belly was fully of grey water, the shower drain pipe broke loose and it poured directly into the belly. Current 2020 - DONE WITH THIS POS!
- Chance Mueller, Wisconsin

2020-08-18 2016 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 26BH View Listings

Biggest piece of junk I've ever owned. I would have been better off taking $20000 and burning it! I was gonna buy a Jayco but decided not to spend the extra $5000 boy was that a mistake!!! All I can say is spend the extra dollars and get a real camper!
- Dan, Florida

2020-08-16 2015 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 26RR View Listings

We bought our 2015 Greywolf new. There was an issue with the rear axle from the very beginning. The RV dealership Petoskey RV said the axles flexed normally. By the time we realized the axle was the problem, the camper was out of warranty. They would not cover any repairs. I called Forest River - they were absolutely no help & would not assist us. We replaced the back axle last summer. After 3 sets of tires. Currently we are Coming back from SD - we had another wheel bearing failure and lost the front axle.
- Kerrie Walden, Michigan

2020-08-06 2016 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 23BD View Listings

I like the walk around bed and the slide-out. That's where the pluses end. The finish and overall quality are horrible. Many screws were left off and build was unsafe. The screws that were inside, did not stay in the shower area. I would not buy one again.
- gkd358, Washington

2020-07-27 2020 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 26DBH View Listings

This camper is our ideal floor plan. The build quality is terrible though. Nail holes everywhere, metal shavings everywhere (inches from kids faces on the bunks). Pannels keep coming loose. The main door was cut too wide, so screen can't close and latch. Seals are installed incorrect and leak. Parts aren't available and the dealer network is horrible. Buying a different brand next time.
- Matt , Michigan

2020-07-13 2013 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 28BH View Listings

This is a very nice camper. It is plenty big enough for our family of 6. I especially like the U-shaped dinette, plenty of room. The slideout provides lots of room as well. The queen mattress is pretty good. We added some memory foam to make it really nice. The kitchen could have used a little more counter space. Overall is served our family well.
- Robert Osborne, Kentucky

2020-07-11 2020 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 23MK View Listings

We are completely satisfied with our Greywolf 23MK limited. The only thing which was annoying was the motion light in the bathroom. If you took a shower late at night the light would go out. I changed out the switch with a regular toggle switch. We have added the rear observation camera which was prewired and took about 10 min and it was up and running. Great little trailer, definitely 5 stars in my opinion.
- Terry, Ohio

2020-07-02 2013 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 28BH View Listings

Our camper has been a lot of fun for my wife and I and our 4 kids. We had a few minor issues in the first year but they were resolved quickly. We have camped a lot in it but with my sons being adults now we haven't been able to use it as much. The camper came with a lot of nice things already. Power slide out give it a lot of room inside. Built in speakers and entertainment system are really nice. You can even mount the TV outside. Power tongue jack is an absolute Must have. The shower is a little small. We mostly used it to rinse things off. Nice heated Queen bed. Large U-shaped dinette works great for playing games and eating dinner. We also had electric ran to it so we can hook it up at home. My wife likes to have a quiet dinner out there without the kids.
- Robert , Kentucky

2020-06-08 2011 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 29BHKS View Listings

Bought and paid cash in 2011 for our brand new out of manufacturing warehouse through Cheyenne Camping Center. Great people to buy from. However, after having our toy hauler for 9 years and enjoy every minute of it, we went to drive our Harley Davidson Trike in and the right rear wheel caved in on the floor at the ramp door. After further examination, evidently the camper has been leaking from day one, both sides of the floor are rotten, the joist were rotten, and when we rolled the linoleum back to see further damages, it started to crumble. I contacted Forest River, Brandon Harker, whom I will add has no people skills and rude as hell, and they stated that it was out of warranty and could not help. I wrote back that how were we to know that it was leaking to have it fixed? He emailed back stating the same thing and that after 90 days of purchase we were to treat the roof. I emailed him back and asked him to please show me where I was informed to do so. Have not received a damn thing back. Wish I could show pictures of the damages. I do recommend the Cheyenne dealership, just not Forest River campers.
- Tammy Blackwell, South Carolina

2020-05-25 2020 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf Limited View Listings

Biggest mistake buying this cheaply made trailer. Problem after problem and customer service at Forest River and dealership that sold it is nonexistent. Shower stall leaked. Many more water leaks popping up. Please pass word to pass up Forest River products
- Diane Reed , Massachusetts

2020-04-19 2018 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 19RR View Listings

I wrote a review a month or so ago. The problem we are having now is with the service or product warranty. The hard surface countertop around sink has completely failed. It developed hairline cracks, approx. 20. The retailer we purchased from tried his best to get Cherokee to back up their product but refuses. I can't believe they can get away with this. I plan to file a grievance with the better business bureau. The man's name at Cherokee who refuses to make this right is Brandon Harker ph # 200-499-2100 I think it's time we make these businesses stand behind the products and work they put out.
- Joy, Missouri

2020-03-30 2019 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 23MK View Listings

Love floor plan, fire place is grate on 33° keeping my camper worm. Only think I replaced after my first night is mattress, because one was inside like concrete hard. Towing with Nissan Armada never noticed it. I have it for 15 months and spend time in Nashville TN 2020 winter and 2019 sumer on Florida, AC works grate. I'll say I was blessed with this one so far.
- MG, South Carolina

2020-03-24 2019 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 23DBH View Listings

Biggest mistake ever buying from Forrest River. I have only been able to use my camper 2 times and have had nothing but problems. I have had it in the local shop where I bought it 5 time to fix electrical problems ,cabinets falling apart and water damage to the underneath. The local dealer fixed all they could to get me back up and going but Forrest River would have to fix the rest because they didn't have the right equipment and there was black mold. The dealer recommended that I don’t use the camper with the condition it was in. So I get in contact with Forrest River and they tell me it will be 2 months before they can pick it up. 2 months comes around and no calls or nobody to pick it up. So I get in contact with warranty department and they forgot to schedule me for pick up and said it would be another month before they could pick it up and said I should be fine to use it with the black mold in it. It has now been at Forrest River for 4 months and they were suppose to keep me updated thru email every Tuesday on how things are going and have done that only twice. I encourage everyone to not buy Forrest River they have no quality and don’t stand behind there word. Scam operation
- Cole hoffman, Kentucky

2020-03-16 2018 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 17BHSE View Listings

Bought our travel trailer in Fall 2017. Cannot begin to tell you how much we have enjoyed it. Fantastic dealership here in Michigan. We take many of our young grandchildren camping and everything works fantastic! Our only regret is that we didn't buy one sooner!
- Wrayjean Peck, Michigan

2020-03-08 2018 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 26DBH View Listings

I have some comments about the Forest River Grey Wolf Limited ...I bought a Grey Wolf Limited new in 2018.(As A matter of fact, I ended up buying two identical Grey Wolf Limited travel trailers - another story for another time). We selected the Forest River Grey Wolf Limited because of all of the features that were standard - not optional add-ons ... Now I have read some of the comments others have said, and I must say I have everything good to say about the Grey Wolf Limited ... Now, I understand that from time to time there may be issues with most everything you buy ... and when it comes to a big purchase like an RV Travel Trailer, I am especially aware of any possible things that may need attention. ... However, when there are things that may need attention, I have learned that it is the DEALER THAT IS THE KEY to customer satisfaction. ... The Dealer is the one that is responsible for the final preparation prior to delivery ... AND ... it is the DEALER that is responsible for any and all maintenance and repairs that may be required and if any / all maintenance / repairs / warranty work is performed in a sub-standard way, then it is the DEALER that is responsible - and it is the DEALER that is the one to be criticized ... The Manufacturer produces a product that conforms to required manufacturing specifications and it is in the best interest of the manufacturer to use the best materials available and to assemble the Travel Trailer with top quality procedures. ... Everything from the fit and finish of the outside and inside materials to the serviceability of various components ... There are specific maintenance items that are necessary to be performed on an annual basis to maintain the quality and usability of the travel trailer. ... Things such as caulking seals with the correct materials, clean/polish the exterior, etc. ... Oh, and by the way, it is not my intention to have this read or sound like a commercial for Forest River Travel Trailers --- I have no affiliation or connection to the manufacturer or to any dealer ... (And I perform all of the maintenance on my own travel trailer) ... .. I am someone who has had good experiences with the Grey Wolf Limited series travel trailer and feels the public should know that the possible issues that are posted on this site or on other sites are likely a rare event when compared to the number of Grey Wolf travel trailers in use today. ... Again, it is the DEALER who is responsible for the correction of any issues. ... My only purpose and intention is to give confidence to any purchaser(s) based on my experience with owning two Grey Wolf Limited travel trailers. ... Now, let's move on to the features of the Grey Wolf Limited ... Outside features: 32' overall length - makes it easy to tow down the road - I have a Ford Econoline - factory pre-wired for a back-up camera - electric tongue jack - rear fold-down rack for spare tire and to store accessories - power slide-out / power awning - large storage areas front and back - easy utilities hook-ups - 30 amp electrical - makes it convenient to hook-up to most campsites or to use a small generator if you choose ... Air Conditioner/heat unit is thermostatically controlled - way more than sufficient to cool the interior, even in the Florida sun ... exterior lighting - exterior sound system - fold down steps - screen doors on both entries - On the interior there is room for ten people to sleep, although six will sleep more comfortably - big queen size front bedroom - double rear bunks, sleep two people each - Blue tooth / electronic charging ports - Big pantry - LED lighting - and a whole lot more features ... Anyway, take this posting for what it is worth, in my personal experience, the Grey Wolf Limited travel trailer is worth every dollar of its value. ... And I will buy another one when the time comes ...
- Brian M Sullivan - Florida, Florida