Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Tim Blair from Kentucky says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 27RR View Listings

Let me begin by saying u get what ya pay for , sometimes . As far as the camper we like it but the workmanship sucks , leaky water lines , no cotter key on one of the wheel brgs. , unit was anything but clean when we got it and allredy had 2 blow-outs fist year , in my opinion they put too small of tire on it , 14" load range c , but they won,t admit it or correct it , if I had it to do over I,d pass on this one . poor customer service and product,hope this helps someone .
- Tim Blair, Kentucky

2021-07-25 2019 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 23DBH View Listings

Bought this trailer and have used it for two summers. 2020 it was in storage due to pandemic and changing parks. First year it was unplugged, as it was in a spot without power. We ran it on the battery, so couldn’t test appliances that ran on power. 2021, first time plugging in. Have not been able to use radio since 2019. I did everything that’s been suggested, checked wires, fuses, it just doesn’t work. Microwave shuts off after 10 seconds and resets itself, can’t use that either. Oven is good, but not big enough to make a cake or do anything useful with it. Cheap appliances. The fridge is great, as it’s Dometic, the only decent name of anything. The major problem I have is that the warranty was one year. And after taking it from storage, we discovered it leaked. Even after doing seals prior to storage and during storage, it leaks. Can’t figure out what the problem is with that, and no warranty coverage to fix it. Would I buy it again? Never. Cheapest quality trailer I’ve ever seen. So disappointed. It’s really shame. As it looks so beautiful, and has wonderful living space, modern appearance. But can’t use it without problems. And it definitely won’t hold up for life. It’s not built the way they used to be.
- Tammy, Ontario

2021-07-20 2021 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 23MK Limited View Listings

I have a MAJOR problem with a design flaw. Has no one ever noticed the water inlet is directly above the electric hookup? I understand the electric is suppose to be waterproof BUT!!!!!! Let’s face it things happen. I first noticed this the first time I took my camper out. I was new just learning how to hook things up. I connected water, electric then when walking around double checking I realized water was not connected correctly and it was running down side of camper. I immediately shut elec and water off and reconnected the water and made sure it was all good before turning electric back on. I’m writing this review because I think something needs to be changed. Who on earth designed this? Very unhappy with that.
- Dayna Coonce, Missouri

2021-07-14 2021 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 23MK Limited View Listings

We picked up our RV at a dealer in late May of 2021 at Lake of the Ozarks (AOK RV) as we couldn't find this model any closer to us at the time. The dealer did a fantastic job walking us through the unit, showing us how everything worked, sharing common problems, etc. We were a little concerned when he told us that we should invest in a good staple gun to put things back together because we would need it (pulling your "house" through a hurricane during an earthquake). We thought this was sage advice but figured we could wait at least a season to pick one up. Well, we should have went right to the hardware store because by the time we got home with the unit the door below the fireplace was in two pieces and there was loose trim throughout the unit. I contacted Forest River and received NO help at all. I took the door apart, glued and clamped it back together and, viola; better than new. Also began gluing all trim back on. The next time out, we opened one of the drawers under the slide-out and the stop that keeps the drawer closed was lying on the floor. I didn't even waste my time contacting Forest River, I simply removed the drawers, added glue to the bottom of the stops, and WOOD SCREWS (not staples) from the inside of the drawer into the stop. Our next project is to figure out where/why the shower leaks onto the floor. Also, for the first couple times out in the unit we strongly recommend traveling with a Shop Vac to clean up all the saw dust and metal pieces from rivets left over from manufacturing. Poor attention to detail and craftsmanship at the factory is apparent. Also, be careful lifting the cover to the storage under the bed. We lifted ours and the rough plywood caught the mattress and tore a hole in the mattress! After all these issues, would we recommend this trailer? In a word, yes. We love the floor plan with the bedroom that can be "isolated", the fireplace, the outdoor fridge, and the kitchen in general. There is a LOT of storage and this unit has many features that make it an attractive option. It is a very comfortable travel trailer to spend a rainy day or three in (yep, been there done that already too!). So far we have not had any issues with any appliances and we have thoroughly enjoyed the outdoor stereo speakers. At this price point, this trailer provides a great platform for your first trailer or a nice step back into campers, which is were we are at. To date we have towed the unit over 1,000 miles and our F-150 pulls this trailer aptly with no complaints. A few things that would be nice are bubble levels on the unit, a ladder on back to the roof, better door seals, relocated freshwater tank drain, ability to change the LED light colors on the canopy (blue light attracts bugs...think bug zapper), cylinders to hold up the storage cover under the bed...we could go on, but they are all small things that the factory could add for minimal cost. As a matter of fact, we have a list and have begun our "upgrades". Finally, we have thoroughly enjoyed getting back into "camping" and this unit is a big reason why.
- Matt, Nebraska

2021-06-29 2021 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 26DBH View Listings

This was my families first RV, and I can say we did some extensive research into floorplans, models, and manufactures. We also did our homework into reviews and took into consideration customer satisfaction. We eventually settled on our Cherokee Alfa-Wolf 26DBH-L. Not being able to find it anywhere in Oregon for under $47K, we bought it from a wholesaler in Ohio for $31K delivered, which we had a good experience with. The first day we received the trailer we knew we were going to be dealing with material durability and quality control issues. The trailer is visibly appealing, we really like the look of the trailer, have had no issues towing it, and it has many options we could not find with other trailer manufactures. It comes with junk tires (Castle Rock), with many reporting tire tread separation under 1000 miles. Consider putting on good quality tires to avoid blow outs and damage to your new trailer. Delivery: The trailer skirt on the left side had minimal support so upon delivery we had a cracked side skirt from top to bottom. One marker light was never connected to the wire loom, another marker light on the back did not work. Upon inspection under the front storage compartment there was a cracked support beam where they screwed threw a knot in the wood and did not replace. Throughout the trailer was sawdust, metal shavings, and extra screws all throughout the trailer. The bathroom wall panels were separating from one side of the shower. There was a stripped support bolt under the couch which was just left and not replaced. When you spend $31K on a trailer, you expect to receive a clean trailer with no damages. The above issues were clearly obvious and had there been quality control (QC) in place or had the dealer actually walked through to perform trailer prep, these issues would have been plainly obvious to the eye. This was a reputable dealer. Maybe this is normal for RV dealers, don’t know, not impressed. All issues have been addressed with the dealer and are in the process of being repaired. Warranty: What I have noticed with Forest River after reading their warranty is they are trying to avoid any responsibility with their trailers. They will require you to go through the warranty process with the manufacturer of the specific appliance/ part. (This might be normal for RV manufacturer's, do not know since this is our first). They only warranty their seals for 90 days. This didn't sit well with me, so I went and purchased the Good Sam extended Service plan for peace of mind, well worth it. We did hear in other reviews the biggest issues such as the plumbing leaking, fridge leaking/ being noisy, microwave/ fireplace fuse blowing. We have not experienced these issues. Although the fridge is not quite by any means, it does not keep us up at night. The support flanges on the refrigerator were too long and prevented the door seal's from a full seal. This may cause leaking, it’s easy to grind them down. (Another quality control issue in my opinion). The shower/tub pan does not feel very sturdy to me. Although I don’t plan on showering in it other than the children. I’m going to look into how to add support to it. It also looks like you will need to seal the wall panels to the tub pan with silicone or caulking, or there will be certain water leakage. Overall, my family is pleased with the trailer, we are optimistic that we will have years of fun traveling with it. But it is clear Forest River is interested in slapping these trailers together as fast as they can with minimal/no QC in the process. If there was QC, they need to be fired and the company needs to improve their product delivery to its customers who pay good money for their product. While your warranty is ticking away, I would recommend you familiarize yourself, run all components, and use the trailer hard to recognize any future issue, then replace and/or fix the issue under warranty. It was explained to me that trailers are basically made from the same materials and made to be extremely light, because if they were home quality materials, you'd be pulling a house, so true. I would also suppose if you were living in the trailer full time you would have issues with longevity (These RV's are not intended to be lived in full time). These are recreational trailers intended to be used for recreational purposes! I guess we need to keep that in mind when we are reviewing these RV's. Overall we are satisfied with the RV, our only concern as stated above is the QC and the durability of some materials. Shawn
- Shawn Copp, Oregon

2021-06-27 2021 Forest river Cherokee Grey Wolf 26RR View Listings

Bought it June 2020 refrigerator worked a whole five days, black water flush I had water coming out the wall, had a new entry door installed. TV had no connections to any outlets, kitchen Faust leaks. And now as I TV this weekend the toilet valve is leaking. My advice is to stay away from forest river products
- Steven Knedlik, Colorado

2021-05-30 2019 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 23MK View Listings

Love the floor plan, thats why we bought in 2019. Used it in total 2 weeks due to Covid restrictions. Noticed raised bumps which would have come thru floor by oven...the staples used were not properly sunk..luckily under warranty
- Judy Lang, Ontario

2021-05-22 2019 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 26DBH View Listings

I didn't want to leave a review until we had this trailer for some time. It's now in its 3rd year of use. This was our 1st RV. We wanted to explore the RV life...and if we didn't like it...we weren't so financially committed... if the RV life wasn't for us. So we found this trailer at a show in OKC. We love the two queen beds! My husband is a cover hog...he says I have the Jimmy legs...we love each other dearly but like our own sleeping space. This trailer filled most of what we wanted. The dealer drove this trailer up
- Dona Olds, Oklahoma

2021-05-18 2021 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 23MKBL View Listings

Bought our 2021 Cherokee Grey Wolf 23MKBL in March of 2021 and we had problems before we even left the dealership. The rear frameless window "popped" requiring a full window replacement. The next problem we encountered is our fresh water tank monitor not working, this lead to confusion when what we assume the tank breather stared flowing water. Upon inspection of what normally is a vent next to the water connection it was found to be full of sillicone. Next on the list: The dangerously low black and grey water drain. It's only a matter of time before it gets wrecked. We measured it at 5 inches from the ground. I honestly don't know if it can be fixed. On the topic of drains, the fresh water drain valve requires reaching through the leaf springs and frame to access. Hot water tank bypass valves. Get your splunking gear ready. I have to crawl through the cargo area to turn these valves. Not user friendly, thankfully I am slim. While you're under there vaccumm up the sawdust from manufacturing. Minor details, not a deal breaker by anymeans but makes a person question the manufacturing process and quality control. I get it these trailers are produced as cheaply and quickly as possible but that shouldn't be an excuse. The lack of model specific owners manual is a huge let down. I get it, it's the 21st century, everything is digital these days. At the very least being able to download a .pdf model specific manual would be a significant improvement in our expirece. If any of the problems I have encountered are user errors I'm sure they could have been resolved with a proper manual. Our sales person didn't give a great orientation either. The rear awning arm disconnected from the trailer on our return trip on our maiden voyage. Turns out it was just stuck on with an adhesive. Fortunately I had an assortment of bungee cords in my pickup truck and was able to bungee it in place and make a safe return home. You would think something like an awnining would be bolted to the trailer. The location of the thermostat can make the bedroom a lot hotter than expected. If you are camping in cool weather consider leaving the interior doors open. The trailer isn't all bad. We really like the lay out and styling of the trailer. The kitchen is luxurious and honestly more fancy than the kitchen in my own home. The bed is surprisingly comfortable for an RV mattress. Mind you we like our mattresses firm. The trailer tows nicely. My 1/2 ton GMC with a 5.3L V8 has no problem towing it. We like the LED lighting under the awning and on the slide. The electric fireplace is a nice touch. The D ring for chains and the holder for the plug on the toungue are simple and are very welcome features. The leash latch is handy and a nice touch. The outside fridge and ice maker is also very welcomed and will serve as a bar. The exhaust fan in the bathroom is impressively powerful. The fridge is huge for a holiday trailer. Just wish it could be run on LPG as well. I'm sure we will love this trailer once we get the bugs worked out but for now it has been more stress than relaxation.
- Evan. M, Alberta

2021-05-15 2013 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 28BH View Listings

We went in to Tom Stinnets in Clarksville to get some advice on a camper we were considering buying and were helped by Luke in the service department. He was more than helpful and extremely knowledgeable about the hitch that was on this fifth wheel camper. Even though he was very busy and we weren’t there to buy anything, he spent a lot of time answering our questions and making recommendations. Can’t say enough good things about Stinnets service department!
- Diane Lewis, Indiana

2021-05-08 2021 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 26DBH View Listings

This is our first travel trailer and we bought it for the floor plan and features which are good for the price range. We've had many quality issues including; head liner came loose, bedroom doors failed and could not be closed. Lighting was wired to wrong switches, panels were broken on installation and poorly covered with trim. Silicone sealant was not complete. Dealer fixed these items under warranty. (Warranty is void if you do any work yourself) Bottom line, the factory rushed this through and the QA department didn't catch obvious issues.
- John Wilkie, Washington

2021-05-05 2017 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 29TE View Listings

I have nothing negative to say about our 2017 Grey Wolf 29TE camper. The outdoor kitchen was one of the biggest reasons we purchased this camper and we loved it. Rarely used the indoor kitchen sink as we used the outside sink the majority of the time. The bunks were awesome for the kids and sleeps 9 comfortably. Lots of storage.
- Kim Bantz, Missouri

2021-05-01 2019 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 22RD View Listings

Don’t make these anymore. Rear dining with couch at rear with big windows all around. Great for backing in to lakes etc. We bought it for the floor plan. For two people it’s ideal. Workmanship is average. We got the limited edition, which has many upgrades, one of two in the province. Had no problems except for a bedroom wall sheeting that came apart. No problems with our dealer. Is a hit with seniors for size and floor plan. Very satisfied so far.
- Larry Winter, British Columbia

2021-04-26 2020 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 26DBH View Listings

Horrible experience. Stay away. Bought new in August of 2020. In for repairs 3 times by April of 2021. Minor things that would shake loose when we traveled. Then a water pump next a leaking shower and then a door that would not lock. Waited for warranty authorization for 12 days. After a 35 minute hold I finally got through to the right department at Forest River. Was given excuses why it had not been sent out. Terrible warranty - terrible customer service - we have owed 8 Campers. First Forest River. Never again.
- Very unsatisfied customer, Alabama

2021-04-22 2019 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 27DBH View Listings

We love our tt. We bought it new in January of 2019. We have not had too many problems. I have done some mods over the past 2 years to get everything We wanted. Overall this trailer is perfect for my family of 6. Some of the build materials are cheap. The research I did on them before I bought mine showed that a lot of manufacturers do this to save on weight. I did not run into anything I didn't expect. For the price I paid I am very happy with my trailer.
- Peter, Wisconsin

2021-04-10 2021 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 23MK Limited View Listings

Bought this Unit 1/23/21, Brought it home. 1 week later we were inside with the slideout out, tried to bring it in with no avail. Found a wire several weeks later with a screw in it from the factory. We called the dealer with little help, the Manufacturer was no existent. I fixed it myself. Took the unit out 4/9/21. The back up camera did not work(installed by the dealer because they sold it with one that was missing). Pulled the camera and marker light that it was connected to. Found a loose wire. I also found that the marker lights have a 3/4" hole behind them without sealant. When I got home, I removed every light and filled the holes with silicone. I will look everything else over to make sure it is sealed. These units look awesome and have a great floor plan. THE QUALITY OF MANUFACTURING IS PATHETIC! Not a good representation of The Investors!!!!!!!!!!
- William E Curler, Iowa

2021-04-09 2020 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 26DBH View Listings

This so called business is the worst to deal with. We have been "trying" to work with Big Daddy's RV for the past 3 weeks to get our camper that we put a deposit down on. Having someone call you back is almost impossible. Whomever answers the phone takes messages but you never receive a return call. The salesman keeps blaming the sales manager, Terry on the lack of communication. This is not a customer service oriented business at all. I would love to be able to put 0 stars.
- Monica Bucher, Kentucky

2021-04-07 2020 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 23MK View Listings

If you are not handy and want to worry free "quality built" trailer DO NOT BUY A FOREST RIVER ! The quality is garbage, the fit and finish is horrible, the shelves are flimsy just all around very sloppy build. At first glance I fell in love with my TT I never buy new but said you know what I'm moving off grid I need something for a year I'm just going to buy new so it can be worry free. First off there is SO much wasted space for a fairly good size trailer. The cabinets can't hold any weight of they won't work right, the doors don't stay closed, the exterior looks good from 20 feet. Do your self a favor if you plan to keep it for a while get a case of silicone and go over everything that the dummy skipped from the factory, also check every single fitting, I found the kitchen sink drain was hardly hand tight. Just on the hour back from dealership screws where rolling around on the floor that fell out, light covers missing. If I had the option to return it the next day I would have but it's just not in my cards so I will go over everything and reenforce all the necessary weak links and dig in deeper to make sure the trailer is ACTUALLY SAFE. I thought about writing an email to forest river but after much research from other buyers it's a waste of time. Maybe they need to put out less units and focus on the quality of the ones they do put out! Personal I would recommend a different company I would say spend more but the unit I got was apparently the "best couples travel trailer" you can buy, boy I hope that's not true.
- Shaun, New Hampshire

2021-03-19 2021 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 26DBH View Listings

Let me start by saying, this is my first TT. My family looked at many different manufacturers and similar models. We kept coming back to the Forest River Grey Wolf 26DBH. Mainly due to what you get for a between entry level and a TT for seasoned campers. I like the layout and ease of learning the trailer. The components seem of standard what goes into these particular trailers. So far, no real issues. Are there things that could be easily improved? Sure. First, the toilet line should be a flexible braided line with a in-line shutoff valve. From the get go the valve on the new toilet leaked. I took the opportunity to buy a new valve and also a Sharkbite braided line with shut off valve which is beyond me why FR does not do this at the factory. Outdoor storage doors should utilize the magnet system rather than very cheap plastic tab latches. These will certainly get broken I am sure. The extended oversized grab bar on the kitchen entry door has to be opened to allow opening of the outdoor kitchen/grill area. The grab bar could have been designed and curved to allow otherwise. The master bedroom bed storage flip up should have come with gas shocks to allow it to stay open when you need to access underneath. Easy modification but none the less, Forest River could do that at the factory for cheap. A exterior roof ladder would have been nice. Crazy they didn't design a travel trailer with it! The deep cycle battery box has no drainage. Therefore, water will eventually rise to the top if you don't drill a few in the bottom. Again, a oversight. I do wish they would have ducted the master bedroom for the furnace heat. Oversight again on that one too. These are in no way a deal killer, just things you must do and/or Forest River should address for future revisions. Simple and really needs to be standard. But for the price point of this TT, we as newbies to the RV culture are pleased. Would I buy it again? Sure. Great TT for anyone needing a economical and not over the top system as we will use it 5-6 times per year and not lengthy sessions at a time like some do.
- Michael, North Carolina

2021-02-19 2017 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 22RR View Listings

First : We love the Grey Wolf 22RR. Best overall purchase we have made. The Dealership is the key ! Let me repeat, It's the DEALER that makes the difference. Period! My personal experience : The day I was scheduled to pick the trailer, they recommended a morning appointment so I would have time to inspect and let them show me everything. When I arrived being in Texas the ac was running and everything was hooked up as if I was camping. The staff took their time explained and showed me how to do everything. Then they actually watched me do it until I was comfortable doing it on my own. ( Hooking up sway bars, unhitching, turning on water tank, electric and then propane, Power awning, Fridge, lights etc....) At no time did I feel rushed, ( Side note: we bid notice a small scratch on the table,and a tear in the bedding. They said they would get me another one, then I forgot about it ) Everything worked , no issues.. Trailer was spotless and we left.. Two weeks later ups delivered a new table and comforter. Yes, We love the 22RR and even more Funtown RV in Wharton, Texas ! Yes, its the dealer that preps the trailer that's makes the difference !!!
- Blair, Texas

2021-02-17 2017 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 23MK View Listings

We purchased this travel trailer at retirement and found it very easy to hook-up and to tow. Spacious living area and plenty of storage. Bathroom very spacious for a small travel trailer. We love our Grey Wolfand have made many good memories.
- Ellie Galloway, Virginia

2020-08-27 2019 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 26DBH View Listings

July 2019 Nothing but a pile of crap on wheels (that leaked) since the beginning. My brand new camper awning leaked like a sieve on our first rain storm over a labor day weekend. My friend's 15+ year old campers were dry, and I had water running down my door, windows and outdoor fridge area. Blinds wouldn't stay up, doors would swing open in transit, drawer catches broke off immediately, constantly popped the 30 amp break at every site we were at, had to run H20 heater on propane every time. Tires would be low/flat after sitting for more than a month. Cosmetically the siding was dented and storage locations were mounted crooked. I took this back to the dealer to get fixed and it took them over a month to get it back. This is now October 2018. Got it back, put it in storage. Got it out for 2019, all the same issues returned. Fixed them myself (was an hour and half to dealer one way) Forest River customer service was a joke. Dealership's only response after I got pissed was "Well, you didn't buy and Airstream" Summer 2020 Camping with friends (no sewer), was watching my waste levels, and figured the gray water level wasn't working (not shocked), thought nothing of it... went to dump station, and couldn't believe the little bit of water that came out. Got home and saw a puddle under back of camper after we parked it, the insulation belly was fully of grey water, the shower drain pipe broke loose and it poured directly into the belly. Current 2020 - DONE WITH THIS POS!
- Chance Mueller, Wisconsin

2020-08-18 2016 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 26BH View Listings

Biggest piece of junk I've ever owned. I would have been better off taking $20000 and burning it! I was gonna buy a Jayco but decided not to spend the extra $5000 boy was that a mistake!!! All I can say is spend the extra dollars and get a real camper!
- Dan, Florida

2020-08-16 2015 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 26RR View Listings

We bought our 2015 Greywolf new. There was an issue with the rear axle from the very beginning. The RV dealership Petoskey RV said the axles flexed normally. By the time we realized the axle was the problem, the camper was out of warranty. They would not cover any repairs. I called Forest River - they were absolutely no help & would not assist us. We replaced the back axle last summer. After 3 sets of tires. Currently we are Coming back from SD - we had another wheel bearing failure and lost the front axle.
- Kerrie Walden, Michigan

2020-08-06 2016 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 23BD View Listings

I like the walk around bed and the slide-out. That's where the pluses end. The finish and overall quality are horrible. Many screws were left off and build was unsafe. The screws that were inside, did not stay in the shower area. I would not buy one again.
- gkd358, Washington