Forest River Cherokee Gray Wolf

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Forest River Cherokee Gray Wolf RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

2021-07-21 2021 Forest River Cherokee Gray Wolf 20RDSE View Listings

I understand that in this market many people are taking what they can get. that said, we shopped for a travel trailer for a couple years. At least a year before COVID and all the market mayhem. we decided we wanted a 20RDSE for the floorplan and features. after purchasing a different model and returning it because it had very serious and potentially deadly safety problems, an RDSE became available. after a bit of price gouging "The Dealer marked it up another grand over advertised price" we took the unit home to find that there was no, and I mean zero, dealer prep done on the unit and due to this pretty much every system in the unit either didn't work or didn't work properly. Every space was full of construction debris, heater vents disconnected, plumbing leaks everywhere. furnace wouldn't fire. propane hose not secured and sagging down to touch the axel under the trailer. third brake light on bright all the time and blinks about every 5 seconds, no power to back up camera. Range hood didn't work and one of the most annoying parts to this all is and probably the most avoidable is the fridge door installed so it would hit the wall and not open enough to pull the shelves out to adjust them. But wait! there's more! We discovered that of the advertised 42 gallons of fresh water capacity, which was one of the reasons we wanted this model, only about 25 gallons was usable before the pump went dry. Due to the positioning of the vent and the draw tube it would leave the rest inaccessible. The only response from the dealer after all these issues was "drop it off, but you wont get it back for at least a month" and "this is an entry level unit, if you want something better you can trade up" and of course they said "you have to warranty components directly with the appliance manufacturer" So I have spent several days troubleshooting and repairing this brand new trailer. I've got everything working and hope to have a trouble free dry camping experience this weekend. We went in to this after doing a great deal of homework and research thinking we should expect a basic level of quality. The component manufacturers have been great helping me troubleshoot the issues and feel lucky that I have the skills to figure this stuff out. We would be at the whim of the not so diligent dealer and their dismissive attitude if I were not the "handy" person I am. We have not found this basic level of quality in Forest River or any sort of customer service from their dealer network. We may end up with Forest River for our next rig but will be much more diligent buyers.
- Michael Dearborn, Maine

2021-06-29 2021 Forest River Cherokee Gray Wolf 26MBRR View Listings

I got mine June 2021 so it was made pre-covid, the quality isn’t the best but what I would have expected. We have had to change the toilet within the first month (dreaded stinky toilet), the biggest complaint to day are the friction hinges, I have both doors coming apart. I call the dealership and they sent me on a wild goose chase, to date still haven’t found anyone with a 100 miles that will look or touch them. They know they are defective just ok to have them replaced. They could also find a replacement for the 100 pound table/bed, what a waste of good space.
- Dennis Overacker, Ohio