Forest River Cherokee Arctic Wolf Reviews on RV Insider (15)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Forest River Cherokee Arctic Wolf RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

C.A. Smith from Tennessee says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2019 Forest River Cherokee Arctic Wolf 285DRL4 View Listings

We purchased this RV on May 17,2019. Within one week, we had to return it to the dealership to have two leaks repaired. We love the floor plan and is very easy to tow but it's a very cheaply made RV.
- C.A. Smith, Tennessee

2020-10-11 2018 Forest River Cherokee Arctic Wolf 305ML6 View Listings

Biggest piece of s**t I have ever owned. Being only two years old the shower does fall out of place. The plastic that holds windows in place is warped from the sun and windows don’t stay in place. Propane lines leak propane! Screen doors screws are stripped out! Warranty sucks s**t. Poorest built campers do not buy this junk!
- Bruce Nepper, Wyoming

2020-09-07 2018 Forest River Cherokee Arctic Wolf 305ML6 View Listings

I love the interior design of our camper and it pulls, as advertised, very well with my F-150 3.5. This is my fourth camper and my third forest river. This camper is by far the poorest quality, and most expensive, RV I have owned. I understand that when you camp, things go wrong, can break, etc. but this is ridiculous. Had this two years and here is my list: Awning and hardward broke off the camper and left us, out of state, with a twisted mess of metal. To FR's credit, this was a defect and they replaced and fixed it (taken months but it got done). All four of the kitchen chairs literally fell apart, or came apart with just road wear. I dont think we even sat in them, and the legs just twisted away, and/or legs broke. All four! We are not big people and frankly were too afraid to sit on them. Glass inserts in several cabinet door have fallen out. Fresh water tank leaks somewhere, has been winterized properly so not sure the source yet, can't afford to take it in yet to the dealer. Curtain hardware is very brittle and several have broken, inside trim pulling away from slides, outside trim pieces over the tires fall off as I drive, outside trim has popped apart from the body and required repair. Outside shower lock broken and had to be replaced. Shower mount fell off. Every time the awning is used, it burns out the fuse so i have a box of fuses I carry. Not a good quality camper.
- Paul Barnes, Nebraska

2020-08-31 2021 Forest River Cherokee Arctic Wolf 3550SUITE View Listings

Stay Away!!!!!!!!!!!!! Total bottom of the line unit. Real nice to look at but be aware. Got to the dealer as we were ready to do our walkthrough he was soaking the door hinges with wd40. now after our first trip hinges seized up and the door pulled away from the jamb. air condition will NOT cool the unit down if it is over 75 outside. Their answer was that's why we prep for a second unit in the bedroom.( what a joke theirs 2 grand) Our first week trip was miserable because the unit never got below 87 inside. We had to go purchase a portable air condition and had to have the vent duct taped to the window to vent it. What an embarrasment. now the water heater wont work on electric, front lettering peeling off,floors squeek and move so bad its embarrassing to have guests, compartment door hitting frame, tv brackets are useless you will have to purchase new ones and this is the first camper i have ever owened that did not have window tint which really helps with the cooling. The list goes on. They make them look attractive but they are put together like a piece of junk. Im afraid of what this unit will look like after 3 years. I think it will be ready for the junk yard. Ive owned several units prior to this and NEVER had on put together like this. Do yourself a favor and spend more and get a another brand. Forest River is a good brand its just their Cherokee line is bottom of the barrel.
- Anthony Gallo, New York

2020-08-02 2019 Forest River Cherokee Arctic Wolf 305 View Listings

WE love the floor plan Everything has worked well. Our dealer Country Creek RV has been great at fixing every little problem. The things we have had problems with are things that should have been caught by quality control someone wasn't doing there job such as moulding missing moulding falling off no caulking around sinks, tubs and cabinet door glass. Thanks to our dealer it has all been fixed no questions asked. Other thing I would complain about is the blinds. There are five in the living area and all have had to be remounted, repaired or replaced. One thing I would suggest to any camper buyer is have the toppers added to your slides if they do not already have them. Did not have them on previous campers we had them added to this one and I promise there worth the cost.
- Glenn Rasberry, Mississippi

2020-06-17 2021 Forest River Cherokee Arctic Wolf 3550SUITE View Listings

Beware: purchased what we were led to believe was a factory new Cherokee arctic wolf 3550 suite 5th wheel. Upon pulling the unit into our driveway we noticed a bulge on the side. We called the dealer/service dept. they investigated and found that we had a delamination issue and were told it had been previously repaired. The service dept. sent pictures and the information to us and forest river. We called forest river only to be told they didn’t have any paperwork showing any repairers .we have asked forest river to do what is right and give us a new 5th wheel that we paid for and to take the repaired unit back ( they refused). The only thing they have offered is another repair and will offer no extra warranty on the work. We feel we have been deceived and lied to. Don’t trust Forest River.
- Gary severe, Oregon

2020-06-07 2019 Forest River Cherokee Arctic Wolf 305 View Listings

Me and my wife purchased A new Artic Wolf 305 last July. We were 100% sold on the layout. My wife was thrilled with the rear kitchen and we didn't see a similar trailer while looking.The trailer at first glance looks amazing. Now to the bad. The trailer has been in the shop for 7 of the 11 months we have owned it. The quality of the build is really quite poor. issue #1, leveling jacks have been messed up from day 1, When you hit the auto level the trailer ends up standing on one leg and sends a error message across the screen or im forced to hit stop for safety reasons. I hope after 2 trips to the shop its fixed but until we take it out again who knows. BAL puts a lousy product on the market o would take my old Lypert level jacks every time. The other issue is the location of the leveling jacks panel being placed inside the unit. I spoke with a factory rep who said its a poor location and they are aware of the safety issue and they would move it. The problem being said factory rep has no authority to tell the costumer that according to the warranty department. This was changed to a better location on the 2020 models being placed in the storage compartment. #2. Blows jacks 30 amp fuse when ever the the legs top out. 1 leg is always hanging 3 to 4 inches lower than the other leg. The dealer said its a weld issue and there answer to issue is its too extensive of a problem to correct and Forest River wont cover it. I go thru 6 to 8 fuses every trip, ONCE one blows it takes several attempts to get them working again going up or down. Factory solution add larger 40 amp fuse. I know blow 6 to 8 of them every trip. I just picked the trailer up from 2nd dealer it appears they have hard wired it different because there are no longer fuses. ( undetermined if the fix works).The one leg remains 4" lower than the other when pulled up for travel. #3. Loud creek in the floor by door. 5 months in the shop I still have loud creek in the floor, 2 months in the shop 2nd dealer still waiting on warranty currently to authorize some fix again for the creepy floor. This will be addressed on trip #3 to the dealers shop. #4 Large soft spot in the floor at top of the stairs. 2nd time in the shop both dealers agree there is a problem it obvious but they have no solution of a repair. Currently waiting on authorization for dealer to be able do something to address this issue. #5 Dealer tore out several sections of the floor on trip #1 to the shop, the dealer patched several spots and you can see them all. Dealer #2 said factory told them they dont have responsibility for poor repairs. #6 fireplace works ok in terms of blowing heat but the fake flames feature doesn't work. 2 months in the shop and still waiting on factory to authorize the replacement. #7 put vent in kitchen but didn't run a line to vent, heater was just dumping air into storage area. Dealer#1 corrected this issue but now I have several patches in the floor.#8 two broken blinds they are supposed to be mailed to my home when they arrive. 2 plus months and still waiting. I picked my trailer up on June 4th with several items left not repaired. Supposedly they will have me bring the trailer back after the repairs are authorized. Maybe 3rd time will be a charm. I have two good friends with this brand trailer and there's have been fairly good it just appears I got a lemon and Forest River doesn't care if the issues are corrected or not. I still like alot of features of this trailer but I would have a hard time recommending Artic Wolf to anyone looking to purchase one. I have sent several emails to Forest River with no response back, I spoke with the factory Rep at the trailer show in February and he gave me several people to contact. I have had 1 call back and said to take it to dealer#2 because dealer#1 is not very good at repairs. He recommended I contact somebody else at Forest River, i think we know where that will go.
- Rob Durfee, Utah

2020-05-20 2018 Forest River Cherokee Arctic Wolf 315TBH8 View Listings

We bought our Forest River Cherokee Arctic Wolf 315TBH8 New in 2018. The floor plan, color scheme and extras like auto level were what drew us to this product line. We soon realized that the overall attention to quality and detail was limited. Our awning was poorly mounted and had to be re-anchored, our entertainment system was wired incorrectly with no way of turning off external speakers, tv antenna was improperly secured and lost during travel, slide floors were improperly constructed allowing water to penetrate flooring, lots of molding and trim was loose or fell off. Although most repairs were easily fixed by myself, things like this shouldn’t be an issue when you make a purchase like this. Once I repaired/replaced the factory issues, I added a lippert suspension upgrade for smoother towing, under unit spare tire carrier, alternative color LED lights to awning for better illumination, etc. All this made the RV what it should have been when it was new.
- Brad Bartels , Colorado

2020-02-17 2017 Forest River Cherokee Arctic Wolf 285DLR4 View Listings

I bought this fifth wheel brand new i am thoroughly disgusted with the quality of this unit.The bedroom door fell off the wall,the mirror in bathroom fell off, Pieces of paneling in large bedroom are falling off, the kitchen island isn't secured solid to floor. This camper has been highway miles minimal gravel out of 2000ish km maybe 20 km are gravel. I have brought it back for warranty dealer is Coach-Works in Nisku Albeta won't be taking it back to this place every again wouldn't recommend this dealer for repairs. The cheap quality glued press board around the fridge swelled and was damaged dealer tried to repair but looks worst now than before i asked for it to be repaired. For the price i paid the quality of this unit is pure garbage.
- Dale Bouvier , Alberta

2020-02-01 2019 Forest River Cherokee Arctic Wolf 295QSL8 View Listings

After much shopping and weekend trips to dealers my wife and I decided on the artic wolf. The floor plan and weight/size where perfect for our needs. The overall value for the money was good and our dealer Browns RV in macbee SC was great. Every thing worked as required fit and finish was ok, I found on top of one slide not sealed at all. The major problem and a big one is how on a sunny day the heat is transferred through the aluminum frame. As measured with an ir sensor the interior walls at the frames was as much as 25 degrees hotter than other walls. They use a trade mark term to describe the amount of insulation that is deceiving in my option. Also the duel ac system is very loud and tv watching is a challenge. But for the money and options forest river has done a great job overall. We met the FR artic wolf rep at the Tampa RV show and he was very helpfull.
- Eric Newland, South Carolina

2020-01-15 2019 Forest River Cherokee Arctic Wolf 315TBH8 View Listings

Bought a new RV. Window shades fell apart, the cieling fan blew sparks out of it and stopes working. The trim inside is buckled. The lack of quality after paying 42,000.00 is in acceptable. Our furnace went out after owning it for 3 months. Bought it in Utah and live I. Colorado. Can't just bring it on in every time it breaks. Took delivery in August 2019 Dec 2019 no furnace. Mother board was rusted. Stoped working during sub freezing temps. Had to run space heaters. Water pump froE cracked housing. Dealer after I told them the board was bad took over a week to mail one out. Don't care if your freezing. This is not a quality product. Made in America by people who don't care about taking pride in what they do.BUYER BEWARE! This product is not quality driven. Cheep and awful craftsmanship. Very very disappointed. Do your research.
- Michael, Colorado

2019-09-12 2019 Forest River Cherokee Arctic Wolf 265DBH8 View Listings

Thank GOD I bought my 2019 (1/2) 26BH this March. What did FR DO? The new layouts and designs are horrible! First off, no more stainless appliances! And they’re smaller! The fireplace is disgusting. Mine is beautiful glass. The pantry shelves, smaller. It is such an eyesore to walk into and see a bare wall with coat hooks and the furnace vent AND breaker panel. Disgusting! A LOT less cabinets for storeage (Mom of 2 and dogs, we need our storeage!) and the poor choice of the cabinetry and lack of detail just made this entire line SINK! Even the suite series (which I was looking forward to) is a complete wash now. The kitchen sink is even black. What an absolute loss. Who designed this? You need me on board your design team because this was a complete abomination! The word “Relax” engraved into the master bedroom headbord was the icing on a tacky style. It looks like you cut every corner and it looks like a cheap trailer (trash) now. SO disappointed as like I mentioned above, we were looking into the suite series. Seriously, you need me on your design board to make it not only appealing but useful. I know what women/moms want and THIS is not it. Far off. Buy the 2019 models while you still can everyone. I absolutely LOVE my 26BH (measures out 31) and I have every upgrade and feature. Did they get rid of the blue LED lighting too? Jeez! Hate the new models!
- Kristie , New York

2019-08-29 2017 Forest River Cherokee Arctic Wolf 265BH View Listings

I've lived in it full time for about a year and a half. It has two bunks in the rear, which I never really needed but is nice for company. Queen size bed adjusts up for reading or watching tv. Nice couch...pulls out for another sleeping option. A/C keeps unit cool in summer. Nice ceiling height makes unit appear larger/roomier. Lots of storage space both inside and out.
- E. Ruiz, California

2019-01-20 2019 Forest River Cherokee Arctic Wolf 305 View Listings

This is a review of the Service department at the Idaho Falls store. We were helped by Dally McKinney, She did a great job, she is very professional and very knowledgeable. We look forward to her helping us again in the future on our seasonal services.
- Douglas J Long, Idaho

2018-10-03 2018 Forest River Cherokee Arctic Wolf 305ML6 View Listings

This is an upgraded version of the Cherokee Limited. Added 13.5k a/c and a rear cargo rack. Also added a Maxx air cover over the bath power vent. Pulls great,half-ton pickup has no trouble at all. Follows well, handles like a dream.Rear kitchen area and dining is a plus too. Keeps people out of your way. I Would entertain a trade for a newer 30ft toy hauler. Price is negotiable. Still under factory warranty. Less than 3k miles on it.
- Cherokee seller, Montana