Forest River Cherokee Alpha Wolf Reviews on RV Insider (11)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Forest River Cherokee Alpha Wolf RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Mike from Pennsylvania says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2020 Forest River Cherokee Alpha Wolf 26DBH-L View Listings

My Wife and I were looking for a couples travel trailer. Our must haves were a large outdoor kitchen and a large bathroom. We went to our local RV dealership gave them our requirements and they showed us the 2020 Forest River Alpha Wolf 26RBL. My wife fell in love with it immediately and had to have it “happy wife happy life” so we negotiated a deal and purchased it 0n 5-4-2020. Here are our Pro’s and Con’s added response after our first camping trip 5-15-2020. Pro’s 1. Exterior appearance. 2. Large outdoor kitchen. 3. Solar panel. 4. Trailer weight. 5. Large awning. 6. Interior appearance. 7. Large rear bathroom and shower. 8. Electric fireplace puts of nice heat. 9. U shaped dinette. 10. The color of woodwork. 11. Interior sliding barn doors for bed & bathroom. 12. Large side by side exterior refrigerator freezer. 13. Sets up high good ground clearance. 14. Large pantry. Con’s 1. Only has 1-year manufactures warranty. 2. In the sun you can see the ripple of the studs in the exterior fiberglass panels both sides of the RV. The RV was parked in a group of RVs, shaded on both sides so did not notice stud lines at time of purchase. 3. Well setting up the RV during first use lowering stabilizing jacks and saw from front to back the frame is rusted both sides of RV, Interior portion of jack rusted both axles have rust. (Had to take pictures of rust and frame and axle tags and send to Forest Rivers for proof of rust. It took Forest Rivers 3 months to approve as warranty item. The dealer painted rusted areas. It looks like they bought .88 cent cans of spray paint and painted only rusted areas. Paint does not match none rusted painted areas. Some areas have deep rusted pits painted over well other areas looks like they painted over the rust. I was told that is these areas re-rust after the 1-year warranty I would be responsible.) So, make sure your clime under the unit and check the frame for rust! Remember this is a brand new camper with a frame that looks like it’s 10 + year’s old. 4. The large side by side exterior refrigerator freezer is too large, do not really use freezer side and it slides back in forth during travel hitting the sink facet denting the side. 5. Well raining out parked at home, went to get drink out of exterior refrigerates lifted panel to exterior kitchen saw water running down interior of panel. The frame to the exterior kitchen door sets flush at the bottom and about 3/8” away from fiberglass panel at top. The top of frame had caulking on it but was improperly done had voids missing incomplete bead of caulking allowing water to leak in. 6. The electrical hookup is above outdoor shower and next to water hookup. Water and electric to close! 7. They still use cable on slide out instead of new spline system. 8. Jack knife sofa is uncomfortable, should have double reclining sofa. 9. limited counter space. 10. Ceiling panels random white blobs/bubbles/goobers. 11. Looks like smeared white paste over nail heads in ceiling and walls. 12. At each roof subflooring the white rubber roofing has a bubble at the seams. 13. Our first trip the bottom side skirting brace broke and was flapping. I had to go to hardware to get parts to fix. 14. When the awning is extended in the rain, where the to 15. Appears to be a lack of quality control during manufacturing. Did I mention it only has 1-year manufactures warranty! One of the worse warranties in its class. 16. See attached pictures of proof! I wish we would have looked the unit over more carefully and compared it to others in the same class. After reviewing different manufactures with similar RVs. I found competitive price and RV weight with a higher quality of manufacturing, appearance, & better warranty. Do not be a DUMMY like me and buy the first one you see. Do your research check reviews have them pull it out from the other RVs look at the underside and the roof. Mike
- Mike, Pennsylvania

2020-11-07 2020 Forest River Cherokee Alpha Wolf 29DQ-L View Listings

This r v is anexcellent travel trailer. I pull this with my 2016 Ram pick up. The gas mileage drops to aprox 9.5 mpg. I thought that this trailer was a little too much, but the dealer that I bought my truck from said that it would tow well. Some problems as per any new vehicles but hope that my dealer will take care of them. I lived in this unit for 1 month
- alhartwig, Wisconsin

2020-10-31 2021 Forest river Cherokee Alpha Wolf 33BH-L View Listings

Great travel trailer for the buck. Best part we found was the two bathrooms and island kitchen.easy to tow and park.my wife loves the 12 volt refrigerator with solar power installed to keep the refrigerator running even when we are the road.
- David Corbett, Florida

2020-10-27 2021 Forest River Cherokee Alpha Wolf 23RDL View Listings

Well where do I start. The service at my selling dealer was great, and addressed, e.g.anode for water heater, USB port by underneath cabinets started smoking when we plugged into it, it actually set off our smoke detector in the galley, had to cut power to that. Recently, I had my front left lower panel on the trailer start flapping, had to pull over on I 75 at 10 P.M. scary out there at 10 P.M. traffic going by at 75 mph. I thought I was going to be hit by a semi or car. Also, the power to the power jack stabilzers lost power. upon further inspection the power wire to the solonoid had become separated from the solenoid.Have called Forest River to obtain a replacement panel, but have yet to hear from them. All in all I would not recommend this brand of travel trailer. Shoddy workmanship throughout the unit! This would be a lemon law candidate.
- R Vauk, Wisconsin

2020-10-10 2021 Forest River Cherokee Alpha Wolf 23RDL View Listings

This unit was purchased this year. Dealer prep on it was terrible .Trailer was filthy glue on the floors. Entry door didn't fit correctly. Ordered the unit with a fire place didn't have it. Very poor quality control. Shower floor has no support you would think that building rv's for all these years this would be something to check and correct. Had to brace it up with 2x4s so we could use the shower on our first trip. Usb ports in living room failed on the first day. Fancy faucet leaks No repair for it have to replace the whole faucet.12 volt fridge makes so much noise you can't sleep at night. But it does tow nice. I would take a very close look at this before considering. Very poor quality workmanship. If this is how Forest river builds other units shame on them. Never purchase another FR product.
- aprlefe, Rhode Island

2020-09-25 2020 Forest River Cherokee Alpha Wolf 23RD-L View Listings

Love the trailer but have had many issues since we purchased in June 2020 Huge amounts of dust entering in main door and in the outside kitchen , around the windows . Electrical issues with the plug ins .Have used it 3 times for camping since we purchased and it has been at the dealership to be fixed in between. The issue is still not resolved Very disappointing when it is purchased brand new and has so many issues ! Any help is much appreciated!
- Angel Campbell, Ontario

2020-05-21 2019 Forest River Cherokee Alpha Wolf 26DBH-L View Listings

First off we love this trailer. Before our first year I found some issues with the trailer. I took it to Blue Dog RV and they said they could fix it but since it was under factory warranty they would defer to Forest River. Forest River said yes they would fix the issues with my trailer but with a catch, they needed to take it from Oregon to Indiana. I protested telling them about the Forest River manufacturers in Oregon. They took it back anyway putting 5,000 total miles on my trailer in the middle of winter. My trailer came back and I found several things that were damaged during the transport. One of the issues was because of the salt they use on the roads in the plains and midwest my stabilizers rusted out. There are a lot for rust damage on the under carriage. Some of the other issues tbeh agreed to fix with no issues. Once I got the trailer back it went into storage and didn't move until after Blue Dog opened back up. It was because they drove my 2019 trailer back to Indiana in winter it has the damage. They tell me they don't warranty rust but it was because of them I have damage.
- Jason Ritter, Oregon

2020-02-25 2020 Forest River Cherokee Alpha Wolf 27RK-L View Listings

Just had a 650 miles one way trip.trailer toes wonderful had no problems. the living room very comfortable no problem since I’ve owned it. Have been camping 30 days In bandera Texas. This is our 8th trip no problem.
- Robert Leo, Arkansas

2020-02-12 2020 Forest River Cherokee Alpha Wolf 26RL-L View Listings

Stay away. Previous Forest River Microlite had no problems in 5 years. This trailer had problems from the day we took it off the lot. Actually problems before we left but the dealer fixed the immediately identifiable defects (front door wouldn’t close, bathroom cabinet split, bathroom door warped). The design of the fresh water fill seemed to either have a kink in the underbelly that wouldn’t allow it to fill or there was construction debris blocking the hose prohibiting it from filling the fresh water tank. The kitchen slide let water pour in and ruin the bar cabinet (couldn’t stay up all night catching the water). The slide leaked whether it was in or out. Two of the windows had obvious leaks. The electrical system should never have been made with 30 amp previous trailer was 30 amps and I had no problems. This trailer repeatedly trips the breaker. We found this out when we arrived home to find our 2 dogs suffering a heat striker because the AC tripped the breaker at 95 degrees. Only other appliance pulling known power was the refrigerator. It wasn’t an isolated incident, power tripped at least daily. Another design flaw is the low tongue weight, it is well below the recommended 10-15%. The trailer was horrible to tow. So bad that I totaled it when it swayed out of control when a semi passed and another vehicle whipped out. Thankfully no persons or animals were injured.
- Stephanie, Arkansas

2019-12-09 2020 Forest River Cherokee Alpha Wolf 26RL-L View Listings

Purchased first week of April of 2019, we used it 24 times in 6 months on 2 day or more weekend and vacation camping trips only had to take in for 2 warranty issues a slide cable issue witch was fixed fast and the power inverter went out back in September fixed under warranty.overall we give the alpha wolf 2 thumbs up
- Barry Dawson , Tennessee

2019-11-08 2018 Forest River Cherokee Alpha Wolf 27RK-L View Listings

We purchased a new 2020 Forest River Alpha Wolf 27 RK by Cherokee October 12, 2019. Prior to purchase the manufacturer representative, Zach Hershberger told us at the RV show that the unit came with solar panels on the unit. After purchase the dealer then told us there were no solar panels. We fought to get them since that’s what we were guaranteed prior to sale and the reason we chose the Alpha Wolf 27 RK. Turns out this trailer is only equipped to accept two 50 watt panels, which is a joke. On our first camping trip there was a large water leak under the trailer and the water heater would continually kick on and off. Water was pouring out so much that the state park site personnel came to inform us as well as neighbor campers. As of today 11/8/19 the repairs have not been completed. I would not recommend Forest River Alpha Wolf, by Cherokee
- Pamela Patterson, Texas