Forest River Cherokee Alpha Wolf Reviews on RV Insider (5)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Forest River Cherokee Alpha Wolf RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Robert Leo from Arkansas says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2020 Forest River Cherokee Alpha Wolf 27RK-L View Listings

Just had a 650 miles one way trip.trailer toes wonderful had no problems. the living room very comfortable no problem since I’ve owned it. Have been camping 30 days In bandera Texas. This is our 8th trip no problem.
- Robert Leo, Arkansas

2020-05-21 2019 Forest River Cherokee Alpha Wolf 26DBH-L View Listings

First off we love this trailer. Before our first year I found some issues with the trailer. I took it to Blue Dog RV and they said they could fix it but since it was under factory warranty they would defer to Forest River. Forest River said yes they would fix the issues with my trailer but with a catch, they needed to take it from Oregon to Indiana. I protested telling them about the Forest River manufacturers in Oregon. They took it back anyway putting 5,000 total miles on my trailer in the middle of winter. My trailer came back and I found several things that were damaged during the transport. One of the issues was because of the salt they use on the roads in the plains and midwest my stabilizers rusted out. There are a lot for rust damage on the under carriage. Some of the other issues tbeh agreed to fix with no issues. Once I got the trailer back it went into storage and didn't move until after Blue Dog opened back up. It was because they drove my 2019 trailer back to Indiana in winter it has the damage. They tell me they don't warranty rust but it was because of them I have damage.
- Jason Ritter, Oregon

2020-02-12 2020 Forest River Cherokee Alpha Wolf 26RL-L View Listings

Stay away. Previous Forest River Microlite had no problems in 5 years. This trailer had problems from the day we took it off the lot. Actually problems before we left but the dealer fixed the immediately identifiable defects (front door wouldn’t close, bathroom cabinet split, bathroom door warped). The design of the fresh water fill seemed to either have a kink in the underbelly that wouldn’t allow it to fill or there was construction debris blocking the hose prohibiting it from filling the fresh water tank. The kitchen slide let water pour in and ruin the bar cabinet (couldn’t stay up all night catching the water). The slide leaked whether it was in or out. Two of the windows had obvious leaks. The electrical system should never have been made with 30 amp previous trailer was 30 amps and I had no problems. This trailer repeatedly trips the breaker. We found this out when we arrived home to find our 2 dogs suffering a heat striker because the AC tripped the breaker at 95 degrees. Only other appliance pulling known power was the refrigerator. It wasn’t an isolated incident, power tripped at least daily. Another design flaw is the low tongue weight, it is well below the recommended 10-15%. The trailer was horrible to tow. So bad that I totaled it when it swayed out of control when a semi passed and another vehicle whipped out. Thankfully no persons or animals were injured.
- Stephanie, Arkansas

2019-12-09 2020 Forest River Cherokee Alpha Wolf 26RL-L View Listings

Purchased first week of April of 2019, we used it 24 times in 6 months on 2 day or more weekend and vacation camping trips only had to take in for 2 warranty issues a slide cable issue witch was fixed fast and the power inverter went out back in September fixed under warranty.overall we give the alpha wolf 2 thumbs up
- Barry Dawson , Tennessee

2019-11-08 2018 Forest River Cherokee Alpha Wolf 27RK-L View Listings

We purchased a new 2020 Forest River Alpha Wolf 27 RK by Cherokee October 12, 2019. Prior to purchase the manufacturer representative, Zach Hershberger told us at the RV show that the unit came with solar panels on the unit. After purchase the dealer then told us there were no solar panels. We fought to get them since that’s what we were guaranteed prior to sale and the reason we chose the Alpha Wolf 27 RK. Turns out this trailer is only equipped to accept two 50 watt panels, which is a joke. On our first camping trip there was a large water leak under the trailer and the water heater would continually kick on and off. Water was pouring out so much that the state park site personnel came to inform us as well as neighbor campers. As of today 11/8/19 the repairs have not been completed. I would not recommend Forest River Alpha Wolf, by Cherokee
- Pamela Patterson, Texas