Forest River Cedar Creek Silverback RVs Reviews (17)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Forest River Cedar Creek Silverback RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Gary Hattier from Louisiana says:

Have you owned any Forest River Cedar Creek Silverback RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2009 Forest River Cedar Creek Silverback 34WB View Listings

Owned this unit five years; received many compliments about its appearance inside and out. A few electical bugs at first, adequately resolved by the dealership. Very pleased with fit and finish for its price point.
- Gary Hattier, Louisiana

2019-06-15 2011 Forest River Cedar Creek Silverback 29RL View Listings

We bought our Cedar Creek new in 2011 and have traveled extensively in it for about 90 days per year since. One of the reasons that we purchased this 5th wheel is because it is relatively light weight and we are able to pull it with our Dodge 2500 Hemi. After towing it up and down every mountain pass in the Rocky Mountains, I can say that it has never caused me any towing problems at all. The biggest problem we had was the tires. Most RVs come with cheap tires. Ours seperated and had to be replaced on our first trip. When the tires blow, they can cause a lot of damage. We had to replace both fender skirts as well as the tires. DO NOT BUY CHEAP TIRES FOR A 5TH WHEEL. After I bought some good Maxixs tires, we had no more trouble with tires. We have had some problems with the levelers. The leveler circuit breaker tripped a couple of times and I initially I could not find it. However, our Coachnet technician helped us out via phone. Also, the levelers once refused to operate because of low hydrolic fluid but I was able to determine the cause of the problem and get some fluid at an auto supply. Sometimes, the auto level does not work. However, I am able to put it in manual mode and level it with the up/down, left/right buttons. So I don't consider the levelers a major problem. Overall, the trailer has been a joy to use. It has lots of room inside for a trailer of its size. We have enjoyed the big TV and twin recliners. Our king size bed is very nice but I added a memory foam topper to it. We have plenty of storage space. I have never had a problems with the fridge, air conditioners, slides, or structural components. Things that we would like to have had: a bigger refrigerator, another air conditioner to help out in 100 degree weather, a bigger bathroom, and more counter space. Ovweall, I think that this is a good trailer and I recommend it.
- Bob Price, Texas

2019-06-10 2018 Forest River Cedar Creek Silverback 29RE View Listings

We ordered this 5th wheel in July 2017 and took possession of it on 10/6/2017. It is exactly what we ordered and are very pleased with it. Only two small issues and they are as follows: A leak outside the camper at the outdoor shower...needed a O-ring replaced. Second, the King Jack antenna just feel over for no reason. Both happened on our first trip out. Repaired and replaced promptly by a dealer near us. Everything has worked perfectly since that time. We optioned to pay extra for the "Air Ride" hitch. I cannot tell you how well this camper pulls! Would buy again!
- Randy, Alabama

2019-02-26 2015 Forest River Cedar Creek Silverback 29RE View Listings

We love this 5th wheel it's so easy to pull.Its very roomy we haven't had any problems with it at all.its Lipert auto leaving system is awesome as well. The only reason for selling it is my husband and I both was injured to were we are unable to get into it.
- Rodger, California

2018-10-18 2008 Forest River Cedar Creek Silverback 30LRL View Listings

Bought this Coach 10 years ago and it has provided perfect service always. Only repair was last year at spring start up a heating element in fridge. Very minor. Tires were replaced twice in four year cycles, with heavy duty tires,and much better choice. With the Airborne Pin Box its much smother and quieter to tow. Very pleasant oak interior, bright and friendly. We have traveled to the west coast, north to Canada and east to Nova Scotia and down south. After this long we hate to give up this couch, but it's time to trade down to something smaller. The Silverback has been a wonderful coach to own.
- George Winter, New York

2018-10-05 2016 Forest River Cedar Creek Silverback 33IK View Listings

Love the RV, perfect for living or vacationing. Forest River thouggt of everything when they designed the Cedar Creek RV's. I would highly recommend anyone looking for an RV to give the Cedar Creek RV brands the chance to make your vacation/2nd home a great one.
- Jerry McClain , Tennessee

2018-09-02 2011 Forest River Cedar Creek Silverback 31B View Listings

We bought this RV used in 2016 and have been very happy with it. We love the Corian kitchen counter tops and maple cabinets. The spare half bath and outdoor refrigerator were welcome bonuses as well. It is one of VERY few fifth wheels we found that would fit my 6'7" husband in ALL areas...even the bath and bedroom. The cathedral ceiling in the living area makes it seem quite roomy as well. There is TONS of storage and we love that it has a 20' awning as well as a ceiling fan in the living area. The only think it lacked for us was a coat closet by the entry door but with the roomy closet in the bedroom, we don't miss it much.
- Carol Mitchell, Pennsylvania

2018-04-16 2018 Forest River Cedar Creek Silverback 29RE View Listings

We traded in a 2017 40 ft Cardinal for this 29RE simply for the floor plan with NO island. The room is huge!We made an extra leaf for the table & now have up to 8 folks to eat & play cards at night. Everyone loves our camper. We ordered a heat pump on the A.C. & dual pane windows. A Must for a snowbird camper. No moisture on widows & very toastie! However, quality issues. The first day we pulled out of the dealers lot & got set up for night we noticed we had a flat tire. After a month of camping our underbellie was bulging...bottom nearly fell off! Drain from kitchen sink to gray tank never connected! We had to drill holes to let the pressure off & water to drain. All the insulation was soaked. All had to be repaired. Will never know if insulation was really replaced. The half complete Leppert leveling pad out side keeps showing errors meaning you have to keep lowering big mor-ride steps to re enter & reset system. EVERY time, many times.Silver back tries to cut costs by not putting cubbord doors on half the bathroom. Try hauling ...stuff falls out! We had to order doors thru dealer from FR & install them. Jensen TV worked great until new cable co. Now all if us with Silverbacks in our camp can no longer change channels with remote. Tried a universal remote & won't program either. Thankful we purchased from a small lot in Myrtle Beach who has very kindly fixed everything except tv & Level Up Pad issues through warranty.
- Kathryn Allen, North Carolina

2017-12-30 2018 Forest River Cedar Creek Silverback 29RE View Listings

Love the layout, and open feeling which makes it feel much larger than it is. Nice colors and styling. Quality control seems to have been severely lacking during the manufacture of my unit. Major problems started nearly immediately. The drain line behind the kitchen sink was either never connected or connected only loosely at the factory, resulting in a flood of the dead space under the bathroom and down into the underbelly immediately upon moving in. The water heater works only intermittently (DSI fault), the converter failed after 2 months, one slide-out tilts out at an awkward angle even after adjustment by the dealership, the backsplash behind the stove melted during the very first use of the stove (it is plastic, made to look like marble), the speakers on the TV are blown or the worst quality ever, the piston which should hold up the bed doesn't, the shower floor isn't sloped correctly so water collects in one corner instead of draining, the toilet flush pedal has a slow leak which drips onto the floor, and the auto leveling system frequently shows unexplained errors. I am still happy with the choice of unit and floor plan, and did expect some repairs as all new units usually require, but have been just blown away by the quantity of issues in such a short time. I have owned the unit for just three months. Two calls and voicemails to Forest River went completely ignored, and one email to them got me a generic response stating that my concerns would be noted.
- jessica, California

2017-11-13 2015 Forest River Cedar Creek Silverback 29IK View Listings

We parked our Silverback by the lake for two years and found her to be very comfortable and functional for our weekends. The design is so efficient that it is easy to forget that it is a camper. The Silverback is easy to clean and maintain.
- Tom , Georgia

2017-10-29 2009 Forest River Cedar Creek Silverback 33LBHTS View Listings

Wonderful RV for families with young children. Forest River provides superb customer support during, and even after the warranty has ended. This camper has many bells and whistles that allows ease of use for the owner. Automatic slides and awnings which are also operable via remote. Black water wash tank. Separate bunk house for the kids. Astounding amount of storage inside and out. Towed like a dream with Ford F350.
- Rodney Schaubhut, Louisiana

2017-09-27 2009 Forest River Cedar Creek Silverback 30LSA View Listings

With its large opposing living area slide-outs, an open kitchen with room to cook, a full shower bathroom, a walk-around slide-out bedroom, and tons of storage space throughout this trailer is ideal for either resort or campground living. The generous capacity liquid storage tanks allow for more time at the camp site and less runs to the dump station. The electronic jack, stabilizer, and awning controls make setup of this trailer easy.
- Terry Knight, Arizona

2017-07-24 2015 Forest River Cedar Creek Silverback 29IK View Listings

Has anyone else had a problem with the large front bear decal cracking really badly? I bought a new 2015 Silverback in February of 2016 and noticed a few months ago that the front decal looks horrible. The coating over the decal is cracking badly. At first I thought that it was supposed to be like that but it's getting worse and looks terrible. Other than that I love the rig but I'm trying to sell it for health reasons and am having a problem with potential buyers because of this defect.
- Vickie Pinney, Texas

2017-07-19 2011 Forest River Cedar Creek Silverback 35K View Listings

The amount of space that the 35K provides is incredible. The double slide living room with vaulted ceilings means room for a family to spread out even with dogs. The storage on the inside and underneath allows you to take everything you need for a week or months. Great camper that causes a lot of second looks around the campground. Very functional as well.
- Mark, North Carolina

2017-07-11 2015 Forest River Cedar Creek Silverback 29IK View Listings

I would recommend this 5th wheel to anyone it's comfortable , perfect size to live in without being to big,tows beautiful don't even know your towing it, easy to set up all push button,we have had a lot of compliments on how beautiful it is, great layout and lots of stirage and love the built in vacume. No Colmplaints !
- Sandra Smith, Wisconsin

2015-07-02 2008 Forest River Cedar Creek Silverback 30LRKSA View Listings

30 LRKSA We've owned this rig for 6 years. Have been from CA. to SD. and most all points within CA. I've added shelf space in both cargo holds, a 2" receive hitch for a bike rack, adjusted many cabinets for better access. The biggest was replacing the worn suspension shackles with a Mor-Ride lubricating system. This rig has severed us well. Except for when the grandkids sleep over and I wake them up trying to get to the rear kitchen for my morning coffee. Gma says" we need a kitchen located in the center!"
- Alan, California

2014-12-15 2011 Forest River Cedar Creek Silverback 29RE View Listings

I purchased new in 2010 and have lived full time in this enjoyable unit for four years. I have had nothing to fix other than a few light bulbs, the converter replacement twice and the fan on the stove vent...wow, that is amazing. I love the wrap around view in the living area. The thermal value is more than sufficient in the summer with a top out of 80 bucks for a month of 100 degree weather in Texas and a max of 220 in the frigid cold of last winter in Virginia. I run two A/C's and an infrared heater along with the gas for heat and am toasty all winter. This tows like a dream behind my 350 dually, turns on a dime and has more than ample living space for a single retired man. I love my Silverback!
- Pat Ohanlon, Virginia