Forest River FORESTER

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Forest River FORESTER RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Karin Fischer from Colorado says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Forest River Forester 3011DS View Listings

So disappointed. A beautiful RV but obviously NO QC. They just drove it off the assembly line and hoped it was all good. Picked it up in May of 2016 from dealer in Wheat Ridge Co. AC did not work right, ice-maker was broken plus there was a leak, stereo did not work right, solar hook-up did not work, oven was broken, water pump broke and the list goes on. It has been a disaster. How disappointing to pay this kind of money and have so much wrong with it. It continues to sit in the RV repair place - another summer passing us by and tons of money for registration, storage and mortgage being thrown out the window. I liken this to the stock crash that took almost all of our retirement money. We do have a person at Forest River that we are working with and things are getting done - but ever so slowly. It would be a whole lot easier and more professional to head off these issues with a good Quality Check program. Plus, it was difficult to find a garage that would take our RV. Had it back at the service center that we bought it from but they were useless. The RV is now with All Stars RV - the only place that had the capacity to help. It is really gut wrenching and all we can do is wait. Stay clear of Forest River.
- Karin Fischer, Colorado

2021-07-20 2019 Forest River Forester 3011DS View Listings

We purchased this RV new. The floor plan is very inviting, lots of room. The theater seating is very comfortable. We drove cross county with this RV and having the self contained was great as we didn’t need to get out if the weather was not so friendly. The ride is like riding in a car with the air shocks. Very easy to set up, within 20 min. Having they large tanks gave the ability to stay in national parks and still have all amenities. Matriculate care inside and out always serviced by the RV dealer and they have always taken great care of us. We have been campers for many years, this being our 2nd Class C and my favorite.
- Kathryn M Breznick, Vermont

2021-06-19 2021 Forest River Forester 2151SLE View Listings

Do NOT Buy! We bought our RV and drove it home and then back to the dealer to buy some supplies and the computer went out. The dealer said it was fixed after a week in the shop. We returned to pick up our RV and the computer still didnt work. We are now on week 4 and they still have not received the computer from Forest River and they have no idea when it will come in. We are 2 payments in and the down payment and still no RV that works...
- Kimberly Brewer, Tennessee

2021-05-20 2019 Forest River Forester 3051S View Listings

The Floorplan for this unit is very good for a couple. However the build quality is very poor. We have owned this unit since last summer and we had to replace the kitchen faucet twice and now the bathroom faucet is also leaking. We had issues with the leveling system pressure switch and faulty light switches. I have been at the dealer multiple times and the enjoyment with this unit has dropped considerably. The inability to get parts in a reasonable time has been an issue. I am still waiting for a blind to be replaced, but I can't even get an estimate as to when it will arrive. Mechanically the Ford chassis and powertrain are very good and the handling and fuel economy are adequate. This is our second Forester since we upgraded to a larger unit. I will never purchase another unit from this manufacturer. They use poor quality materials and they just slap them together at the factory, leaving the dealers with all the problems and dissatisfied customers.
- Ben Martinbeault, Alberta

2021-05-03 2016 Forest River Forester MBS 2401W View Listings

DO NOT purchase a Forrest River product! We have a 2016 Forest River Forester 2401W motorhome which we purchased because of it's Mercedes chassis. We regrettably chose to disregard the numerous negative reviews of Forrest River products which have proven prophetic. Our MH has 6,465 miles and I found the Hellwig sway bar that F.R. so highly touts literally hanging from the rear axle housing by one bracket! Upon inspection and contacting Hellwig, I was informed that it was dangerously (per Hellwig) installed not even close to Hellway's specifications by F.R. The Hellway technician told me to NOT attempt replacing this sway bar send him pictures of all aspects and the remove it! I have actually found this exact type of build quality in almost every area of this M.H. which I would never expect in a unit in this price range. I would be glad to expound further on all of the issues requiring repair we have found which are far too numerous to include in this review. Our best, Phil and Kaisha Sulkosky
- Phillip Sulkosky, Washington

2021-04-23 2011 Forest River Forester 3121 View Listings

My new pretty rvhas less than 4000 miles. Found holes in the floor, door frame separating from wall, flooring coming up, nails sticking out of wall where molding fell off, air conditioner has no coolant, can't move refrigerator shelf without removing the door. This is junk!
- Ernest buttram, Oregon

2021-01-14 2018 Forest River Forester MBS 2401R View Listings

The best Rv I ever had with 42yrs experience! I’m owning few Rvs and if I want to compare them, I would definitely recommend this one! Very easy drive and comfortable for long and short trips. Reasonable maintenance, solar power so NO more hassle.
- Jay, Texas

2020-11-18 2019 Forest River Forester 3051SF View Listings

The full slide makes for very open living area. We very much like the split bathroom with the sink outside the shower and toilet. This allows use of sink when shower or toilet is being used. The bedroom is also roomy with lots of storage. We like the OneControl feature app as it allows opening the slideout and the leveling jacks outside where you can watch and manage better. The 12 cf refrigerator/freezer is wonderful and the pantry is large and easy to access.
- Ron Lehmann, Colorado

2020-10-16 2021 Forest River Forester 2501TS View Listings

We just purchased our motorhome. It has tons of storage and is well built. It artic package so therefore it is warm and cozy. Plenty of counter space and the interior is very comfortable. The bathroom and shower could use an extra foot but other words a great purchase.
- Bruce King, North Carolina

2020-10-13 2019 Forest River Forester LE 3251DSLE View Listings

We bought this as our first Class C after renting a similar model. This drives incredibly well and is a quiet ride. We also love the floorplan. It's incredibly well laid out and the overhead bunk bunk beds, jackknife sofa, dinette, and queen bed give so much sleeping area. We really enjoy the Forest River Forester and would highly recommend it to anyone looking. Great for experienced owners or even first timers.
- Charity, Arizona

2020-09-17 2017 Forest River Forester MBS 2400WS View Listings

This drives like a dream. It is quiet powerful diesel. The side and back up cameras make it easy to park and change lanes. There is spacious room when full side slide is not open. When the slide is open it is a comfortable room. A full bathroom is a a great attribute. A Microwave, stove top ,Cable TV/Stereo(inside), and speakers outside make it a home a way from home. The low mileage (28,000) says this Mercedes Benz Diesel V6 motor and chassis are going to be around for a long. The Onan propane generator says that you can camp any where. You will be very pleased to own this RV and not pay for the original price. This is a great deal, and a lot of happy/fun memories, are to be made.
- Lynn A. Hayward, Florida

2020-09-07 2017 Forest River Forester 2501TS View Listings

We love this RV, but can relate to some of the criticisms of other reviews. I would caution any RV owner to know the RV dealer's service reputation before purchasing from that dealer. We bought the first Forester sold by our local camping world. The combination of some poor quality control by Forest River, and a dealer who had no idea how to prep this RV made for some interesting and eventful first few trips. I think people are better off buying a used RV that has gone through some of these early repairs. We have found this RV to be very popular with renters, easily covering the cost of owning the RV. We have to have our camper inspected between rental, and are fortunate to have found a good RV service center. It is not camping world.
- Barbara Jacobsen, Missouri

2020-08-29 2019 Forest River Forester MBS 2401W View Listings

I owned this new 2019 Forester for a total of 5 months or 14000 miles. I bought it in February when it became apparent that my husband could no longer fly to Arizona for his monthly treatments. This small Class C on a Mercedes Sprinter Chassis seemed just right, sleek looking, not much larger than a truck, fast and economic to drive, spacious floor plan for the night. I might have gotten a lemon, but this unit was poorly made, using cheap plastics for locks and latches that constantly broke; Outside compartments kept opening up in mid-drive and could not be reliably locked; The glue used was sub-standard, the floor discolored, the rubber cover on the stair cover came off, sending me flying to the floor, the bathroom mirror came loose, the wood looking paper veneer peeled off; The hub cap came off almost immediately; Something was wrong with the electronics, when it rained, the LED park lights stayed on for a few days; The touch-screen monitor was temperamental and didn't work reliably all the time; the waste tank handles didn't close the valves properly, showering me with gunk every time I opened the sewer cap. I suffered through the first few repairs in good humor, being able to schedule them between my trips to the hospital, BUT when the slide-out malfunctioned on the 5th trip, leaving me stranded until Road Service jammed the slide back in, breaking the trim, gaskets, rails inside, leaving openings for wind, dust, insects, hot air and yes, vermin to come inside, when I was not able to schedule warranty repairs before the summer was over with any of the Forest River dealers in Montana or Arizona (when Co-Vid hit in earnest and America discovered camping, repair appointments were months out) Forest River Customer service initially proposed that I drive it broken with 4 x 4's holding in the slide, which I tried for 1500 miles, but gave up when the A/C gave out because of the excessive heat coming in. I did receive a very nice letter from the CEO, Peter Liegl, assuring me that Forest River is very interested, and that somebody would be in touch. I could not wait any longer and traded the lemon in at great financial loss to me. I gave the floor plan 3 stars, because when the slide works, it is spacious and quite wonderful. In fact, my new unit has the same floor plan, albeit quality and workmanship are far superior.
- Beate von Stutterheim, Montana

2020-08-18 2020 Forest River Forester 3011DS View Listings

Recently took delivery of the Forester 3011 floor plan. This is a very spacious floorplan. We purchased and desired a unit with the trekker-cap option in place of a cab-over bunk. We experienced a few little hiccups - the bigone being a small leak near the door that damaged the corner of a cabinet. I did not notice this during my delivery. I repaired the leak with a trip up the ladder to meet my roof and I introduced it to some fresh Dicor lap sealant. The feedback I am receiving so far from FR and the dealer has been good on repairing the minor damage to the cabinet. That's all we can ask for but I wish the dealer would have seen this when they took delivery. The unit handles and drives very well.
- Rich Ireland, West Virginia

2020-07-27 2018 Forest River Forester MBS 2401W View Listings

Well the MB part of this Lemon is doing just fine. Only complaint was that RV Wholesalers did a poor job of acquainting me with the emergency brake dual positions because of the rotating front seats. It cost me $175 at a Sprinter center in San Diego to get “educated” The quality of this a Forest River product is terrible. Many circuit breakers routeenly pop. Many electronic components have failed; central control unit failed, microwave has failed, main TV has failed, coach radio failed, contact paper finish on cabinets has pealed, drawers have broken, etc. etc. This product is a piece of junk. Getting product support while traveling is impossible. Forest River dealers refuse to do warranty work if you didn’t buy it from them. Warren Buffet is getting rich and his customers are royally screwed. Do not buy a Forest River product, unless you can stand operating a lemon! There is just no excuse for such poor quality and reliability and a warranty plan that is useless. Shame on Warren Buffet. I want a refund for this LEMON!
- Craig Rhodes, Arizona

2020-07-19 2016 Forest River Forester 3171DS Ford View Listings

I would like to see a floor plan of this vehicle I have not driven one & would like to try it out before purchasing Obviously I am not writing a review on this class c, I am looking for information...sorry this is my first time in this site.perhaps someone could direct me
- Marion Magee, North Carolina

2020-07-10 2019 Forest River Forester LE 2251S View Listings

This has been our first RV and has made our little weekend get aways easy and effortless. We have enjoyed the quality and upgrades that our RV has to offer. This camper is small enough to take anywhere including State Parks, Camp grounds and dry camping. We have enjoyed camping so much that we are planning longer trips. The only reason to sell is to purchase a bigger coach that will carry us into retirement.
- Melissa Crespo, Florida

2020-07-03 2018 Forest River Forester LE 3251DS View Listings

***Pay attention to warranty/service reviews. They speak to the true nature of a company. Any retailer can put up a façade to make a sale.*** Purchased from Ron Hoover because of the Forest River name. Forest River is owned by Berkshire Hathaway. Warren Buffet would be ashamed to know how Ron Hoover handles their service and warranty department. After purchasing a BRAND NEW, albeit one year old RV off the lot; (2018 model purchased in 2019) and putting 1,500 miles on the odometer, we discovered major quality and workmanship issues and filed a claim. To name a few issues: -Leak in the roof over the cab bunk which resulted in rotted wood under the bunk. -Forward slide leaked around the weather seal rotting the floor in the dining room, living room, and kitchen) -Fresh Water tank leaked under the master bed causing black mold and requiring the frame be replaced. -Rear slide weather seal leaked and the bedroom floor needed to be replaced. (To name a few.... Did I mention this was a new RV?) We have now owned our RV for just under 1 year. It has spent 7 months with Ron Hoover's laughable warranty and service department with no light at the end of the tunnel. We have to call repeatedly for updates, no work has been completed to date, and the last we heard, "the parts we need weren't on the supply truck so we can't complete the work." 7 MONTHS!!! In the time our RV has been in for warranty work, the entire 2021 Forrest River has been built. Ron Hoover, an "authorized dealer and service center" doesn't have the ability to repair seals and floors in their own RVs. When we pressed for answers the Warranty Department stated, "Well, you did buy last years model." Let me get this straight; Ron Hoover has such little faith in their product, that if a Brand New RV sits on their lot for 1 year, they expect it to catastrophically fail when driven 1500 miles. If this sounds like your kind of RV and dealership, go right ahead. After several months of nothing happening, we made a trip up to try and speak with someone in person. Must have been our lucky day. We spoke with non other than Chris Hoover who said he would personally ensure the RV was repaired in a timely manner. He's either a typical smoke and mirrors sales person, or has zero control over the company he is CEO of; as two more months have gone by with zero effort made. If you are the type of person that wants to enjoy their RV and receive reasonable service when needed, AVOID RON HOOVER. On the other hand, if you enjoy stubbing your toes on corners, smashing your thumb while hammering nails, or brain freezes while eating ice cream, this may be the RV Dealer of your dreams. I don't normally write reviews, but this has to get out. If you are spending the money for a quality RV, you can do so much better than a Forest River by Ron Hoover.
- Hunter Ryan, Texas

2020-06-16 2016 Forest River Forester MBS 2401W View Listings

This 2016 has been a dream. No problems! Bought it used with 7200 miles. Gets great gas mileage and is very reliable. The mbs diesel gets approximately 16 miles to a gallon. Great for long RV trips. No issues to date. Stored in a garage. Has 20K miles. Everything works great!
- RJ, Arkansas

2020-05-29 2017 Forest River Forester 3011DS View Listings

This RV is excellent. We love this model. So many good things to say about this RV. The floor plan, the counter space, the wrap around dinette to seat more people, the leather sofa that folds out to a bed, the huge bed over the drivers cab, the queen master bedroom with cedar lined closets. The USB ports everywhere. Three tv's that run off 12 volts so you don't need to be plugged into power or have the generator on to use them. Oh and don't forget the huge refrigerator. There never is enough spaced in a RV refrigerator but this one has it! 4 door refrigerator with ice maker. Yes an ice maker that produces ice quicker and faster thank our home refrigerator. That issue of finding space to put a trash can. This RV has a built in, under counter trash can that empties from an outside compartment. It's hidden behind the outside television. Lastly, there is plenty of space to walk through even when the slides haven't been extended. This is an excellent choice if you are looking to buy an RV.
- Chris , California

2020-05-20 2015 Forest River Forester 3051S View Listings

We loved traveling the country in this beautiful RV. There is so much storage, we are able to travel with whatever comforts we wanted. It was easy to park in camp spots and easy to set up for the night. We also installed a tow hitch so we could bring our automobile for side trips. It was fun taking the grand kids on the road with us. They were able to play games while traveling or stretch out on the bed and watch a movie. The many windows added a full view of scenery wherever we went. What great memories!
- wlarsen52, Arizona

2020-03-11 2020 Forest River Forester 3011DS View Listings

We purchased the motor home new.2020 3011DS Forester.The paint scheme is awesome not cheap stickers and outside storage is more than any other rv we’ve had so much that we won’t be using all of it and that’s saying a lot for us. PRO’S: The inside also is loaded with storage with all the bells and whistles but still simple with a big open floor plan even with the slides in. Bathroom And shower are so so average for a class c. Kitchen counter is huge with lots of prep area and space for small appliances with a big double sink and flex faucet. No Carpet anywhere 👍. Plenty of LED lighting. V-10 engine has tons of power. Run Royal Purple synthetic oil for trouble free miles!! CONS: exterior gutters in front pour water right over the doors when it’s raining. You get soaked getting in and out and the interior of the doors get soaked also bad design! The poop pipe and city water are right together compact design and easy to get to I just don’t like it. Water filter is located on the other side in the back of a cabinet along with the pump,drain valve and winterize stuff again compact design but alittle hard to access. The inside shower is very small like all c’s. All of the new technology is awesome but time consuming to get set up. All in all it’s a great RV best we’ve ever had. The bilstein suspension is a must it drives like a car. This motorhome is leaps and bounds better than the 2018 Thor class C that was broken down more than it ran with every issue inside and out you could imagine beware!
- Barry Claud , Tennessee

2020-02-29 2019 Forest River Forester 3271S View Listings

has a really nice floor plan but quality control is horrible ,we bought it in sept of 2018 with a missing seat belt cover (still waiting),we only used it 8 times for nascar races ac leaks in kitchen (you have to put a bucket underneath it)sink leaks,water pump bad,no hot water,storage areas leak due to silicone coming offseams,microwave keeps running you have to pull the plug to shut it off,driver side seat still loose (dealer told me thats how it comes),nail holes in walls showing,(again dealer told me thats normal),horrible rattle underneath slide area and on and on there is no dealer (except one ) that will look at it because we didnt buy it from them we are now afraid to use it because we doent know what else is wrong . in my opinion stay away from forrest river because the company and all the dealers just give you a run around and doent care
- rich rossi, Pennsylvania

2020-02-20 2018 Forest River Forester 3271S View Listings

Bought a new 2018 3271S and have had it 2 yrs. Done around 14 long weekend trips to the mountains and the beach. We do love the RV but some of the QC could have been better. The Dometic 4 door fridge handles break a lot. Get the other fridge. The large rear storage door leaks. The dealer was useless for repairs. I finally realized the door is slightly warped. Hopefully the other dealer can fix it.The slide topper's middle bracket was not installed squarely and cuts the slide topper. Dealer replaced the bracket but the bracket is not the problem. It either needs to be bent to be square with the slide topper or moved and reinstalled correctly. I do like the fiberglass roof. I wish it had Azdele sidewalls. I do like the fact the upper bunk folds up and you can use it as a closet. The other brands with the same floor plan did not have a fold up upper bunk. My wife likes the all-in-one bathroon. We have the 15K heat pump. I wish it was bigger for NC summers but it is better than the smaller one. The bed mattress is actually OK. It is not as good as a memory foam but it does the job. We like the layout. We like the fact the TV's are 12V so you can use them when boondocking without an inverter. The tablet panel is kind of lame. They should been able to have put on a real battery monitor app.. I really wish I did not get the full body paint because if any thing needs to be repaired on the outside it will need to be painted and will probably not match. The front seats lack lumbar support. Overall it is a good RV for the price and it has what we were looking for.
- Mark, North Carolina

2020-02-19 2016 Forest River Forester MBS 2401W View Listings

I have spent more money on repairs than I have camping! Bought this rig brand new as I wanted something dependable. Water dripped on my mothers head on the way home and I thought the passenger door leaked because the seals appeared loose. Turns out the window in bunk area leaked, improper installation, ruined bed,repaired. Radio kept cutting out on the way home, and the GPS is way too small to read. Satellite radio antenna should be mounted on top of rig but it's not and cuts out continually. Weather stripping popped out on front seams of MH, replaced. Electric stairs quit working, repaired and now quit again. Multiple slide issues. New seal installed and shop recommended a repair they claim was a manufacturing defect. FR would not authorize replacement until broken...guess what, in the shop again for slide issues. Nothing like being multiple states away from home and having your slide malfunction with 3 seniors needing to sleep. I'm posting this from memory as my book of repairs is in the RV at the shop.
- Claudia, California