Fleetwood Storm Reviews on RV Insider (35)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Fleetwood Storm RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

John from Florida says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2014 Fleetwood Storm 28MS View Listings

We bought a 2014 fleetwood storn, used in Jan. 2016. In May we noticed a lot of vibration in the dash board. Eventually the dash board had to be held by a makeshift leg that we had to improvise being on a road trip. After investigating, we found out that the dash was only held by 4 little screews and a single brace. Soon, not only the dash loosen but the light switch broke and fell out, the control box for the rear camera also broke because of the excess vibration. We couldn't even charged our Gps because the plug falls out again because of the Vibration. The next thing to go was the generator switch. The air conditioner outlet fell out because the dash is now cracked in 6 places. The plastic covers for the overhead bead are also cracked. We called Fleetwood only for them to tell us that there was nothing wrong with their design and denied any responsability. The dealer's repair shop and our rxtended warranty people both tell us this should not hsve happen to a 2 year old coach. We have pictures to support all this and a $2,000 bill and yet Fleetwood will not assume responsibility. You may want to think twice before your next purchase and stay away from Fleetwood. They boast of being customer friendly. Not so. P.S our extended warranty that cost $4,230 more says thst ee are dealing with trim therefore not covered.
- John, Florida

2020-09-26 2018 Fleetwood Storm 36F View Listings

Fleetwoods are one of the worst RV's ever made and the manufacturer does not even care. They do not support them nor do they promote QC/QA in their builds. If they did they would not allow some of these to leave the factory floor. Put in too much money on ours already and its only 2 years old. Too many things falling apart, literally falling off the walls and hitting people as they fall. Hardware falling out of chairs and sofas and pieces laying around for animals to find. I will continue to post on here as long as no one reaches out to me to fix the poor quality issues that I have been having. Guess that means you'll be seeing my reviews for years to come. If you buy a Fleetwood my condolences are with you.
- federal254, Maryland

2020-09-06 2018 Fleetwood Storm 36F View Listings

I will continue to write these reviews until Rev RV responds - which means I'll be writing reviews until my dying day. DO NOT BUY a Fleetwood. Worst motor coach you can own due to the fact that the quality is just not there and things are so cheaply thrown together. I can write a novel on the things wrong with this thing and I've already written a few reviews with the problem. But make sure you see this - if you like cold showers this is the thing for you. We paid for an on demand system so we have continuous hot water. What a joke. This thing will scald you with third degree burns. You either have scalding water or cold water, you can't get warm or comfortable. Right now our system is putting out cold. We found that the OD 50 Atwood system that is in our 2018 unit has a recall from either 2015 or 2016 for the scalding issues - so I ask the question - why does our 2018 have this system? It matches the serial numbers that are listed in the recall. Rev RV just takes your money and runs while providing nothing else. I wonder if they laugh all the way to the bank while us fools deal with trying to get our POS RVs fixed.
- vneumanntig, Maryland

2020-08-29 2018 Fleetwood Storm 36F View Listings

Please be careful buying a Fleetwood. While many of them look gorgeous both inside and outside they are put together so horribly it is atrocious. Also, I cannot warn you enough if you buy one please be careful with the hot water. It can actually scald you - I KID YOU NOT. You will not get warm water you will either get cold or scalding hot. In order to get warm you have to turn on another faucet at the same time you shower or wash dishes which wastes propane. I am so upset and disappointed in our unit which we paid good money for. Piece are falling down like its nobodies business - molding off the walls and corners, nuts, bolts, wheels etc. flying off the slide outs as you're driving and coming out from under the couch and driver's seat. The things that have been wrong with our unit are so unbelievable and some are dangerous as they can hit you at any time. Thankfully when the pieces came down no one was sitting underneath them except one time when my husband was driving a metal wheel came flying off the top the slide and hit him on the shoulder. Good thing it didn't hit him on the head. Get a load of this though, a person at an RV sales/repair told us that every time you drive your RV things start falling apart because you're home is on wheels. Unfrickin believable. I have reached out to Rev RV about one of the issues (hot water heater) and all they say is that the dealer should get a licensed tech to repair it. So if the dealer doesn't than we are screwed. I have sent emails to Rev RV and have been ignored, I have posted reviews online and have challenged Rev RV to reach out to me - they all have been ignored. Why should they care how these are put together, once they make a sale and get your money they are out of the picture and you end up with a huge piece of s**t that they no longer support. Yes - Rev RV does not stand by their product and there is no quality to their products. I digress for now but if I told you every bad experience we have had with our unit I would be writing a book about the size of one encyclopedia volume. Absolutely pathetic and we are getting so tired of it. We've owned our unit for 2 1/2 years and I can say that we have probably had 2 times in the entire time that we did not experience any issues other than having to turn on another faucet when showering. Rev RV - you put out garbage, charge an exorbitant amount of money for them and then say adios to your customer. Wow greed at its best.
- Vicki Neumann, Maryland

2020-08-08 2018 Fleetwood Storm 36F View Listings

Gorgeous "Looking only" interior. Poor quality workmanship on interior and exterior. Worst piece of expensive crap I've ever purchased and is becoming a money pit. Reached out to manufacturer and they don't care, they don't respond. Posted online review challenging them to respond - nothing to date. I will hit up every possible place I can to make sure others don't make the same mistake I do. Below is what I posted online: The nicest thing I can say about this unit is that on the surface it is beautiful but that's where beautification and quality end. This whole RV is nothing but a thrown together POS. It is a little over 2 years old and we have had so many problems. Molding is falling right off the walls, floors, closets and everywhere else. The kitchen faucet has already had to be replaced at our cost even after we paid for an extended warranty. We have had a leak from the roof that kept filling up in the dashboard, the generator was gunked up within the first year, there was a piece in the master bath that was pushing out through the exterior of the unit which required body work, the living room couch kept popping the huge bolts holding it to the floor and kept putting indents into the floor where tile had to be replaced several times, bathroom toilet leaks, stairs already went and need new motor, tankless water is bad, bad, bad, many times no hot water, many times scalding water, drivers seat falling apart bolts and screws literally falling off even while driving where it hit my husband on the shoulder, my cats found multiple parts on the floor and under furniture, kitchen table not working properly, window knobs don't work properly several things within the RV are not put on straight or lined up and you can tell they are thrown together half assed. I am so disappointed in the manufacturer because they allow the people to throw these together so horribly and then there either is no QC department or they don't do their job. I caught things within a short time that should have been caught from the beginning. Oh and lets not forget the shower wall. We have 2 full baths and in the smaller one they cracked the shower wall and put a little putty or caulk into it to cover it up. Took a bit to see it because we don't use that bathroom on a regular basis. I mean the list is just so long its ridiculous. The work is so shoddy its unreal. We love using it but every time we go out in it something else happens. It is becoming a money pit because its poor quality. I do have to say that I had to laugh when several pieces of molding just fell off the walls but that was only so I didn't explode and elevate my blood pressure any more than it was. People stay away from buying newer RVs. Do your research before you buy. If people started boycotting these expensive money pits maybe the manufacturers might start doing the right thing, you know making them tight, right and safe. RVs are expensive enough as it is without having to throw in tons of money because it was put together so poorly. I call out the manufacturers - stop cutting corners and put them together the way they are supposed to be, stop hiring shoddy laborers that don't care how they throw these together. I sent Fleetwood an email with some of my complaints and surprise, surprise - nothing from them. No acknowledgement no nothing. They don't care about whether the purchaser is satisfied, happy or enjoying their unit all they care about is the fact that they got their money. Challenge Fleetwood - contact me and fix some of these issues that are not fixed yet and I will give you the best rating I can. If I hear nothing again I'll keep warning people about these hazards of the highway. We are afraid at any time we will be stranded because I forgot to mention above we have had several problems with the jacks and the electronic panel that controls them. I'm sure there are several things I have forgotten to add because there have been so many issues. Can't say enough positive things about the "LOOK" of the RV as yes it is gorgeous inside but the rest of it is the worst piece of crap I have ever sunk a lot of money into. Wouldn't recommend one of these to my worst enemy unless I wanted to kill them with the scalding water the sink produces the times it decides to get hot. Again people please read reviews and do your research. RV campers talk and we are not the only people that have had these complaints and it is not only Fleetwood, it is other manufacturers. RV makers - DO THE RIGHT THING PLEASE, DON'T MAKE IT ALL ABOUT THE MONEY AND FOREGO THE OWNERS HAPPINESS AND MOST IMPORTANTLY SAFETY. I just had to put out some more money to replace the step motor which is only a little over 2 years old and it was so rusted that the repair person said they have never seen one that bad that was 10 years old. That makes me wonder if they put an old one on it or something. We don't use it enough to warrant the piece being thay rusted. DO NOT BUY FLEETWOODS.
- federal254, Maryland

2020-07-25 2016 Fleetwood Storm 35SK View Listings

Great RV for any size family. Wonderful storage inside and out. Great for towing. You can drive this RV for hours without getting fatigued. Beautiful bath and a 1/2 with fireplace and spacious queen sized bed.
- Tony Valentine, Florida

2020-07-25 2018 Fleetwood Storm 36F View Listings

- V Neumann, Maryland

2020-02-18 2015 Fleetwood Storm 30L View Listings

This being a little shorter the 30 foot motorhome drives nice usually can get it in my parking spot in one try I have a car dolly with it put a Toyota matrix on you don’t even know it’s there I watch the car in the camera. nice living area plenty of good storage inside and out .we’ve done all of our cooking outside never even use the stove We don’t really want to sell it but we just bought a house on a lake
- Keith boisvert, Massachusetts

2019-10-15 2018 Fleetwood Storm 32A View Listings

We purchased this 2018 Fleetwood Storm 32A slightly used and are loving it. The quality of the build is great. The only thing we've had problems out of is the Atwood OD50 Tankless Water Heater, I so wish it had anything else! Scalding hot, then ice cold, but seldom right where you need it. It's a great idea, but a very poor application. Other than that, the Storm is perfect for us. We'll be full time an another year or two and this will be our home. We use it almost every weekend and for extended trips when we can. So many little extra features like the powered vent fans, nice powered awning, auto-start generator and built in inverter. We like the Vaccu-flush toilet, we can go a week or more and not fill up the black tank. I wish the gray tank was a little bigger but I think the problem is the the water heater irregularity... The Pantry is such a wonderful use of space and the fireplace is awesome, putting enough heat to warm us in the cooler mornings and evenings. Love the automatica Satellite on the roof and the leveling system is top notch. This is what we needed, exactly. I cant think of anything extra we need to add to it, it came with everything! Solar... Yes, we will want Solar in the next year or so. Enjoy!
- Jeff B, Tennessee

2019-08-10 2015 Fleetwood Storm 28MS View Listings

We recently returned from an 87 day, 13 states, 7,200 mile trip including a drive over the highest paved road in the country. The Fleetwood Storm performed remarkably well and we absolutely had no mechanical problems. We dinghy towed the whole way. The outside amenities that include a 50 inch TV, Weber grill and a built-in cooler are the highlights of this unit. We also were able to sleep our three grandkids comfortably while they were with us. It has been a remarkable RV...but health concerns have made it necessary for someone else to enjoy this great unit. Superb for athletic events and hunting trips.The new owner is in for quite a surprise.
- Andrew Vickery, Alabama

2019-07-21 2014 Fleetwood Storm 32V View Listings

Love the floor plan, the bathroom and shower could be a little bigger. The dash shakes like hell on anything less than a smooth road. Not sure what to do about it. Factory quality of control needs improving as I have noticed places where they failed to staple walls down completely and in one place they only put 7 screws where two dash parts meet and they were 14 screw holes, yes they only went every other one.
- Phil Uhles, California

2019-06-26 2014 Fleetwood Storm 28F View Listings

We had the same problem as John from Florida. We bought the mototohome when it was 2 years old. The dash was not stable and just started bouncing more and more.The "box" of the motorhome shook loose from the chassis. $2,100 later, Fleetwood said it wasn't a design issue. We realized after it was fixed that the problem existed when we purchased the RV. In addition, the upholstery on the captain's chairs deteriorated. Will not be purchasing any more Fleetwood products. I would love to find more people with this same problem and go to Fleetwood as a group.
- Pam, California

2019-03-09 2014 Fleetwood Storm 32H View Listings

I loved this RV. The floorpan is perfect, and it worked for all of us and we had many memorable vacations. We flat towed the vehicle and you would never know it was back there. We have very few problems with this RV compared to others we fixed each trip we took.
- Renee Tolson, Florida

2018-05-14 2016 Fleetwood Storm 32H View Listings

We absolutely love it bought it to travel with and visit grandkids. We have plenty of room for everyone to sleep and put their stuff. The fuel mileage is worth the comfort about 15 miles per gallon. The seats are comfortable and beds sleep well
- Jennifer, Texas

2018-05-14 2011 Fleetwood Storm 30SA View Listings

Bought this unit a yr ago for its size & rareity , not many of these that I’ve seen. it’s easy to get in anywhere , even backing the boat in the lake at the camp site boat launch & we’ve got a 22’ pontoon boat no problem w/ back up camera , only selling cause we just don’t have the time to use it
- John, Texas

2018-05-13 2011 Fleetwood Storm 30SA View Listings

Love the space and design of this RV. Very comfortable and relaxing. All the comforts of home. The bathroom is more spacious than you think. I like that this model has an oven because some don't. This RV has lots of storage. It is easy to drive and tow a vehicle or even a boat.
- Judy, Texas

2018-04-17 2014 Fleetwood Storm 28MS View Listings

I have been RVing for over 50 years and have had just about every size and type of RV. This one was a joy to use. My wife and both liked the interior layout and quality of the materials used in its construction. The full body paint was easy to care for and keep looking great. It also has an amazing amount of basement and pass through storage. The Ford V 10 engine had plenty of power to pull our toad over the highest mountain passes with no trouble at all. I never used warranty service so I cannot comment on that.
- Tomokabear, Alabama

2018-04-03 2016 Fleetwood Storm 32V View Listings

this RV has a few problems that i think the factory should take back and make it right to the next owner when it changed hands 3 times in less than 6 month LED lights replace 4 in a 3 week period leaks water from under furnace location and bed room slide out main slide out will hang up mid way out or in and wire harness upper left corner that feds power to slide out motors is to tight no slack comes apart front visor go's down may not start to go up with out a little help
- Mr & Mrs. , Illinois

2018-01-14 2016 Fleetwood Storm 35SK View Listings

I have had this almost 2 years. I love it. I initially had a few warranty issues. One was the windshield leaked and one was the heater didn't work. Anything that has gone wrong has been quickly repaired at my local dealer. They have been great about everything that I bring up and are quick to take care of me when I need routine service. Of course the lifetime warranty is one of the reasons I bought from fleetwood. I bought the bath and a 1/2 and love it. It drives very well and tows well too. lots of storage. Well worth the money. Took a 7000 mile trip to Montana and all over and had no issues with it.
- Ed Litteral, South Carolina

2017-10-09 2012 Fleetwood Storm 32V View Listings

We have taken several state camping trips and two cross country. The unit sets up easily and is very comfortable. Our experience has hooked us on this type of travel. We are going to purchase a even larger unit and do many more trips in the future. This RV handles very well in traffic and we have a jeep that we pull behind. I keep it indoors when not in use.
- Ronald Panter, Michigan

2017-07-25 2016 Fleetwood Storm 32V View Listings

We moved to a this Class A from a Thor class C, and we're disappointed with the quality control. The shower leaked because it lacked caulking. The recliner had no attachment at the floor. On our first trip, the windshield wipers failed in a storm in the mountains. The windshield leaks. The generator is unreliable at high temps ( not uncommon, we now know.). Worst, the AC in the dash does not work. Ford says it's a leaky valve but claims it's a Fleetwood part, not Ford'. Have been on. 4000 mile trip this summer with no AC up front! We use the generator to run the house AC, but the generator cuts if after a period of time. On the positive side, the 32v is a great floorplan. Lots of storage, incl 2 large closets and ample overhead cabinets. Considering a trade, but wondering what deficiencies the next one might have! It appears this keeps local dealers' service depts busy and profitable. What business are they in, anyway?
- S Mccullough, Florida

2017-05-26 2006 Fleetwood Storm 34F View Listings

This was our very first motor home. We love, love, love it. When open is very roomy. Friends enjoy it for that reason. My husband had neck surgery, otherwise it would still be ours. Extreme clean.
- Charles Tedrow, Colorado

2017-04-28 2015 Fleetwood Storm 30L View Listings

Our motorhome is excellent in living on the road. Spacious in inside room. Excellent for outside entertainment with Patio TV, Stereo music and large patio awning. Drives better than our past motorhomes we've owned
- Richard Lang, California

2017-01-28 2016 Fleetwood Storm 32V View Listings

over all big bang for the buck full body paint under coated basement heated good down to 30deg. ..lots of storage inside & out all LED lights.. Towing I flat tow a Ford Focus can't even tell it's back there.. Generator run's on the coach full tank and is set up so it will Not run if full tank has less than 1/4 tank that is kept for the coach engine..sleeps up to 8 that would be 2 adults 6 kids if teen age and up that would than be 2 adults 3 teens..reason for that teens don't like to share beds..Refrigerator run's on (LP) gas or electric water heater (LP) gas only
- mark & wanda, Illinois

2017-01-17 2016 Fleetwood Storm 32V View Listings

great motor home drives & handles great even with a tow..quality is good all fiber glass full body paint love it big bang for the money compare it to same size to other brand names that could cost you well over $40,000.00 more
- mark & wanda sanders, Illinois