Fleetwood Southwind RVs Reviews (54)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Fleetwood Southwind RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

T Lee Horne III from North Carolina says:

Have you owned any Fleetwood Southwind RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 1988 Fleetwood Southwind 24 View Listings

I bought it used in 2004. It was in rough shape nothing serious just a host of little things needed attention. I didn't pay much for it. Through the years I have enjoyed playing with it. Because I bought it cheap, I was able to afford to "make it mine". I removed the stove and installed an all in one washer-dryer combo. I love being able to start the wash and have the clothes dry when I get back to camp. I rebuilt all the drawers so they were fully the depth of the hole. I lined the closet in ceder. I changed out the old overhead A/C to a much newer high efficiency A/C. Installed a Banks air intake and exhaust system. Added a constant voltage transformer. And innumerable little system upgrades to the engine fuel and ignition systems. I now have 247,000 miles on it. I still get 12 MPG highway at 55 mph.
- T Lee Horne III, North Carolina

2019-08-17 2004 Fleetwood Southwind 32VS View Listings

I have enjoyed it for years without issue. Im technically the second owner ..original owner passed away and i purchased from the couple that inherited it..they had no place to store it & were not camper folks. 15 years old& like new all works even roof A.C. . Dometic3way fridge Carrier a.c.,3burnerStove,nice sink&hot Water tank,furnace will easily keep me warm on winter trips i was planning on pulling out the mr.buddy but wasnt needed. my cabinets except a scuff on one still look new. I knew about condesation since the 70,s from tent and popup camping and its a small hassle to deal with for the unbeatable airflow i get. about 75% of popup material is widows front,sides,that unzip,upper back door is screen when panel is off... the side glass widows on lower part have screens and small window underneath cabover bed opens with screen . If in shade with all that ventilation 85 degrees isnt a problem. I prefer primitive camping in nature away from the masses in a RV park. I dont understand why anyone would store their RV without making sure it was dry and weather proofed. Last few years have went looking at 4 season hard sided truck campers...when inside its like torture!! they just DO NOT put big enoungh windows or enough to get decent airflow..not gonna run fantastic fans and a.c. ..i want to hear nature.I have full size door and love it.
- Matooley Obrien, Ohio

2019-08-09 2005 Fleetwood Southwind 37C View Listings

We love this rv. When the 3 slides are open, it offers a huge living area. The refrigerator is larger than the rv norm and the bathroom is very roomy. I love all the storage inside and out. The bedroom is a good size too. When the slide is open, you can easily walk around the bed. I wish we had more time to enjoy this motorhome. It comfortably sleeps 6, but can accommodate more, if needed.
- Nina, Nevada

2019-08-07 2007 Fleetwood Southwind 32V View Listings

I drove this rig, towing a Jeep Wrangler, from Bend, Oregon down to Barstow, California visiting family and friends and then Eastward to South Carolina to our new home. It was easy, even for a 78 year old lady. I did the set-ups and take-downs each day of travel and the total time for the trip was three weeks. This is a wonderful RV for anyone who wants to travel and would make a great home for any full-timer. Due to the year of manufacture, there is no longer any factory warranty but any good RV Service company can take care of your needs.
- Jessica Livingston, South Carolina

2019-07-26 2007 Fleetwood Southwind 35A View Listings

We drove this RV across the USA from OR to CA and then to SC. We traveled slowly taking 3 weeks to visit family and friends on the way to our new home. We, also, had two cats with us. The trip was great and our Jeep Wrangler towed easily and was easy to take on and off the tow bar. We carried supplies that the moving company would not take, so we had some extra weight, yet, by adhering to big truck speed limits we were able to get between 8-10 MPG. The solar panel works well helping keep batteries up when not in use, and both the furnace and two A/C units kept us very comfortable in all climate conditions (snow to desert heat and "lowcountry" heat and humidity). We had all the windows redone before the trip and the RV was well maintained by the first/previous owner and we have continued this during our ownership. The only reason we are putting this wonderful RV on the market is due to declining health issues.
- David and Jessica Livingston, South Carolina

2019-04-08 2006 Fleetwood Southwind 37C View Listings

Beautiful rides great very well built has lots of extras We camped with this rig and it has everything you could every need It’s a great buy and built to last. The outside looks brand new as well as the inside
- Lois , California

2019-03-28 2004 Fleetwood Southwind 32VS View Listings

Home away from home. Super clean for its age and very low mileage. Sleeps 6 comfortably plus room on the floor for more. The shower is roomy and the hot water heater works great. Microwave and oven plus 3 burner stove in the kitchen. A great family motorhome!
- Kristin, California

2019-02-02 2013 Fleetwood Southwind 36D View Listings

I bought it new in 2014. I always associated Fleetwood with quality. Boy I was a fool. The.ford engine has been great. But haven help you when the automatic leveling won't retract. Or a slide won't go out. The after sakes service sucks. All the basement cabinets hardware is rusting. I won't even talk about the drain connections that weren't connected. Overall workmenship was poor
- Dennis Angner, Michigan

2018-12-26 2004 Fleetwood Southwind 32VS View Listings

Great layout, clean, easy to drive. Has a great back up camera and electronic level system. Plenty of room in the shower. Sleeps 6 comfortably. It also has a good size kitchen area that makes it easy to serve meals.
- Nicole Miller, California

Verified Owner

2018-12-07 2014 Fleetwood Southwind 36L View Listings

Having 4 TV's is a little over the top. The exterior entertainment system is super. Having a couch that sleeps 2 adults comfortably and a second restroom makes life easier for all. It tows a Karcaddy SS with a 4700 lb vehicle with ease through the Ozarks roads and at interstate speeds.This unit has new coach batteries and been serviced regularly on schedule.
- Robert Barker, Illinois

Verified Owner

2018-08-29 2003 Fleetwood Southwind 32VS View Listings

Have owned 3 Class A motorhomes. This one is almost like driving a car, lots of power, good braking power. Very strong drive train. Decent gas mileage. Good floor plan for a 32 footer. Have liked this unit very much, has required little maintenance, live in for 3 months each winter and is comfortable.
- G Wallace, British Columbia

2018-08-21 2018 Fleetwood Southwind 36P View Listings

Not happy with the quality of coach. The first trip my satellite dish fell of the roof after making a mess of it. Fleetwood or general rv doesn't want to replace the roof. They repaired it but now I have a new coach with a repaired roof. I have a list a mile long of repairs i did or the dealer did. I love the coach but feel the quality of the build is suspect. Also as advertised if is supposed to have a 45 gallon grey tank but turns out it is around 33 gallons a significant difference and way too small for a coach with a 100 gallon fresh water tank.
- James C, Ohio

2018-07-31 2009 Fleetwood Southwind 36D View Listings

We were Snowbirds in this RV for 5 years and loved it. Very spacious living and an extra 1/2 bath as well as large, 4-door fridge and a washer/dryer combo made it like home away from home! We purchased a home in FL and live here full time now or we would still be using it. Lots of storage inside and out and many upgrades. Well maintained and everything works as it should.
- Rosemary G Parks, Florida

2018-01-25 1997 Fleetwood Southwind 36M View Listings

Overall I would rate this coach an eight for the value. The interior is in awesome shape, and immaculately clean. It has a brand new refer. The Queen size bed is two yrs.old. I love the floor plan, it's very roomie. I do wish it had more water and holding space (60 gal. /30 and/30) as we did a lot of dry camping. The awning is in perfect cond (looks new). There's lots of inside and outside storage. The siding is fiberglass and looks good the only flaw is some of the graphics are cracked. We had no warranty/support so I can't rate that.
- CONNIE MACRAE, California

2017-10-03 2008 Fleetwood Southwind 32VS View Listings

MH is first in its class. Well engineered and made with quality components. Lots of storage and lots of lighting. No issues at all. I’ve owned a Windsport and Hurricane and the Southwind is by far light years ahead in workmanship. Strongly recommend this.
- Mark, Arizona

2017-08-12 2014 Fleetwood Southwind 32VS View Listings

We recently purchased our used Southwind with only 2,500 km on it. We drove it 4,500 km from the dealership to our home which gave us a very good sense for it's pros and cons. The decision was made based on the styling, floor plan, overall features and quality. As with most (if not all) RV's there are things that needed warranty work. The electric step motor, chassis heater blower, CO2 detector and chassis A/C refrigerant. We actually went to Fleetwood's Service Centre in Decatur to have all the work done and our dealership covered the costs. Fleetwood's Service Techs and the dealership were excellent from start to finish. The RV has been a pleasure to drive, the layout is perfect for our lifestyle and we frequently receive compliments on the appearance. The gas mileage is actually 15% better than our previous Class C with a Ford V10 which was an unexpected bonus. We do have an issue with a humming sound coming from the Surge Guard Transfer Switch but haven't determined if it is normal or not. Looking forward to a 3 month month trip this January. Sorry to hear Fleetwood are not building the Southwind model in 2018.
- Jim, Ontario

2017-07-29 2004 Fleetwood Southwind 32VS View Listings

Love the electric awning which automatically goes in when too much wind, the electric steps and especially the electric leveling jacks.We had a 5th wheel before this class A which had none of these features. My husband has a bad back so these features make the trips easy. We also love the walk-around bed and changed the mattress to a Sleep Number. Do wish there was a little more counter space in the kitchen as I love to cook but I think that's a complaint of most all RV owners. The bathroom has adequate space, one can be in the shower and another person at the sink. Dinette is very comfortable and can see the overhead tv while sitting. We would definitely buy another Southwind as the quality of cupboards (solid wood), counters (Corian)and furnishings is top-notch. Great visibility while driving.
- Steve Williamson, California

2017-07-22 2014 Fleetwood Southwind 36L View Listings

Well deigned and equipped motor home. A mixture of high end material and appliances with some medium quality materials. well priced with options. great engine and transmission. Good towing capability,
- gicano10@yahoo.com, Florida

2017-07-05 2016 Fleetwood Southwind 36L View Listings

Brought this coach in August 2016 and it is now June 2017 and have NOT been able to take one trip without something breaking or going wrong with this unit. Fleetwood has been fairly good on repairs but why should they have to if they would have spent a little quality control when building it. I mean they install a washer/dryer unit and don't even make sure it is vented outside? Just jam it in and fasten down.. They have replaced the microwave/convention oven, stove top unit and the fridge along with the water heater. When they pulled the microwave out the bracket on the wall was not even close to being level. We also asked Fleetwood to buy back the unit and no they would not. Less than 10,000 miles on the unit. Going back to factory next week for more problems..
- Dennis Howes, Michigan

2017-06-26 2015 Fleetwood Southwind 34A View Listings

We purchased a fleet wood Southwind in Feb 2015. The most expensive purchase for us (other than our house), we took it off the lot and had problem after problem. Most of which were from lack of a proper pre-delivery inspection. The most concerning is the steering problems that we have had and are continuing to have and NO-ONE is taking ownership of it. The dealer wouldn't look at it and pushed us to fleet wood who in turn pushed us to ford. THey couldn't get it into the shop, so we took it elsewhere as we bought the unit to camp and travel not sit at ford waiting for them. It was some what fixed, but not to the standard that one would expect. So, after much consideration we were going to get air bags installed to fix the sway. We took it in today for an estimate and found out that there is no rear sway bar on the unit, where there should be one. We have contacted the dealer who again pushed us to fleet wood who again pushed us to ford, who has now told us that all the units come off the assembly line with front and rear sway bars. IS this their way of telling us we took it off? How is it that something that is pretty important to the safety of the occupants as well as the safety of other motorists just passed off? If none of the above mentioned are responsible who is? VERY DISAPPOINTED!!!! And Disappointing, what ever happened to customer service? More companies need to study Four Seasons hotel chains practices and start making changes.
- Boni Ehmann, Alberta

2017-06-22 2004 Fleetwood Southwind 32VS View Listings

Well kept RV. Nice wood floors and solid surface countertops. With the Oman generator you can boondock. Plenty of power with the 454 and the Allison transmission. Plenty of space with the two slides.
- Jason H, Indiana

2017-06-17 1999 Fleetwood Southwind 34N View Listings

We have put over 40,000 miles on it with no problems.we pull a 18ft trailer with two quads and a razor in it plus tools.been to Arizona several times as well as st. Anthony in idaho and to ore sand dunes many times as well as yellow stone. Hoi g up the steep grades I go 35mph at 3000 rpm,s and have never had a heating problem.we have the banks system on it .going across Idaho I got 12 miles a gallon at believe it or not 70 mph.it is a pleasure to drive and of course there are many extra,s on it. I have had thoughts of getting a revolution and every time I get behind the wheel of our coach I'm happy with it.have had no trouble with the coach at all.i have access to a mechanic shop so it gets serviced on a regular schedule.
- Neil william, California

2017-04-13 2013 Fleetwood Southwind 30E View Listings

Fleetwood is not interested in making good motorhomes, they just interested in making money. This product used to be great when the original owner had it. But they haven't been any good since then. Even the dealers find them to be put together very poorly! Save your money and get something else!! Customer service is also very poor, I bet worst in the industry.
- Albert Cerf, Arizona

2017-01-20 2016 Fleetwood Southwind 32VS View Listings

Sixteen problems when purchased the worst of which was a leaking hydraulic hose in the leveling system. Almost everything one could want is included. Very noisy engine (a sound deadening package would be a help.) Getting the XM radio to work is a bear. It needs a factory roof mounted XM antenna. Front TV is a waste. Bathroom is very small but works. We replaced the recliner with a real recliner that came from Camping World. But all new coaches have some issues. Lots of technology and if purchased as a leftover - at $90K - it is a good deal. We had to spend $600 for alignment issues at the local truck alignment shop. I would think heavy duty sway bars and a steering stabilizer are needed but it is OK on the road.
- Steve Renovo, Maryland

2017-01-08 2007 Fleetwood Southwind 32SV View Listings

We love this RV. We have had basically no serious problems with it. Is is so comfortable and feels like home. We have lived in it 3 to 4 months out of the year for the last 5 years. This MH has all the conveniences! Automatic everything. Even plug in for outside TV. We have enjoyed RV,ing so very much and very sad to give it up now. Only due to Medical Issues do we have to say good-bye at this time.
- Jackie Sturman, Arizona