Fleetwood Flair

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Fleetwood Flair RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Jo from British Columbia says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2015 Fleetwood Flair 26D View Listings

We bought a 2015 Fleetwood Flair in May . We have owned other Rv's and for the money we paid for it compared to our the other Rv's we had the quality is poor. This includes at Fleetwood Southwind. For example the mattress has springs in compared to our units which good quality foam mattresses. The pull down blinds are of poor quality. There is very little counter space in the galley. The stove has no cover on other units we had and I used for it a work space. The recliner chair is useless, for the space is limited when the slider is out. The cover for the storage under the eating area is rough plywood and one time I almost ripped the vinyl covers. Getting In and out of the bed is difficult for me because I am short and the bed is sitting high. Space between the bed and wall is smaller on one side than the other. No matter what RV we have had I find making the bed is difficult at the top of the bed. Remember to check that the daylight running lights are connected. In Canada it is the law for these lights to be fully operational. When we first got the unit the lights were not connected. Also check for the year and the month the tires were made when buying the unit in Canada. The tire can not be older than five year age of the purchase date. This is Transport Canada regulations. We have found the grey water tank is only 15 gallons so when we were dry camping we had to watch the level water closely. I bought a plastic pan to put in the sink so I could dispose of dish water outside. What do I like about the unit. The view driving down the road from the passenger side window is great. On our most recent trip I saw things I had never seen before even though we had traveled the route many times. It is the right side unit for two people. The is lots of shortage space. We use the front passenger side outside shortage space for shoes. This storage space is right beside the door. The rear outside storage is great and easy to get at. My husband said he is amazed how easy it is turn the unit in tight spaces. We can drive for approximately 1000 kilometres on a tank of fuel.( gas) . For us that means filling up once every two days. We live in Canada. The price of varies the cost of filling varies. On our recent trip we paid from 220 to 300 dollars filling up. On our most recent trip the first day of our trip we had to wait for several hours in a ferry line up and have the big captain style driver and passenger seats made the waiting comfortable. People have said how they like the colours and lines scheme of the unit. We both like how the bath door opens out towards the living space creating a great private area. It allowed us at times not to have to close the blind on the front window. I hope my comments have helped those thinking purchasing a Fleetwood Flair.
- Jo, British Columbia

2021-09-26 2000 Fleetwood Flair 25F View Listings

First big trip was 13-straight hours to a California campground and 13-hours back 6-days latter. I would recommend this particular RV to any novice RV'r because it is so easy to drive. This is my first driver-able RV. I have not even owned a trailer, let alone an RV driver. One word "WOW". And I drove very little because I'm fully disabled.I learned how to dump the BLACK water tank (Toilet) water and the GRAY water both were so easy once I figured it out.Also filling up the clean water tank and keeping it filed.Making sure your RV is always plugged in when idle.It was awesome to use the indoor shower. Their is an outdoor shower as well.Their is so much more and fun you will have with this A RV, I have to tell you in person. It's past warenty therefore I'm happy with both the enjine and transmission.
- RENZO MOTTINO, Washington

2021-07-29 2001 Fleetwood Flair 30H View Listings

As someone who used to sell RVs back in the day, I was aware of many different RV brands. Fleetwood was superior at so many price points because they shared the quality details throughout the product line so entry RVs got many of the same treatments as their highline ones. This Flair has a Power Platform, the same as Fleetwood's Top-line motorcoaches have. This stiffens the structure significantly. Your benefits include: Safety- Far better handling, Comfort- Much quieter cabin on the road, and Longevity- Way less torque on all seals. Meaning these are less likely to have leaks. Now, 20 years later, they still use this structure in today's units. An older Flair is an excellent choice for a higher value/lower drama RV experience.
- Matt Larsen, Washington

2021-07-23 2020 Fleetwood Flair 35R View Listings

At first we fell in love with this Rv, now the honeymoon is over. The finish work on this unit is horrible. The couch wasn’t bolted to the slide unit, the vinyl floor is coming up in places and when the slides are in the plastic feet on the recliners leave wrinkles in the vinyl floor, not sure I’d the will come out or not. The shelf brackets have all dropped and has needed to be replaced and the molding on the glass doors are all coming off. I have replaced the screws hold one of the cabinet doors with long wood screws and need to change the handle. The cabinet built around the refrigerator has come loose and will need to be reworked. A week after getting it home the living room slide got stuck out, I had to call the dealer/service and work with them to get it back in and secured. The outside compartment doors are cheap and the latches have allowed the doors to open while traveling. One of the compartment door’s hinge has come loose and needs to be replaced. We just got back from a 1400 mile trip where we had issues with our power step dragging on just about everything, this unit only sits about 8 inches off the ground and reduces the approach and departure angles for this Rv. At this point if I could sell it for what I owe it would be gone!!!
- Matthew Bishop, Indiana

2021-05-25 2021 Fleetwood Flair 29A View Listings

Purchased 01/15/2021. Today is 5/25/2021. Nice RV when able to use. Currently has 5,700 miles on it. After our 1st trip ended up at Ford dealer the 1st time due to engine light. Ended up being something to do with the fuel system and it was replaced. Went on 2nd trip and then we couldn't fill up the tank past 1/2 way. Once back home disconnected the batteries and then that resolved. After that, once the engine got hot and the vehicle was idling, the engine shut off. Would not restart for days. Now at Ford dealer again for repair. They think it's the fuse box getting overheated and then causing the fuel pump to not respond. We will see once parts are replaced. On top of that, there is a recall on the differential. Really bad experience so far.
- Lincoln Pitcher, Florida

2021-02-28 1996 Fleetwood Flair 30L View Listings

Previously owned a travel trailer, purchased this motor home and have enjoyed this and used more than the trailer. Less work as you can get up and go without all the hook ups. Set up is fast and leveling is easy with hydraulic jacks. Leaving is easy as you just reverse the operation.
- Don, California

2020-10-20 2020 Fleetwood Flair 29M View Listings

I bought my 2020 RV 6 months ago. I bought a problem. Poor quality. On my first trip the awning arm broke just because it rained a little and broke as if the RV part had been in use all my life, the quality of the products they use is very poor, it seems that I have an old and used RV , among many other manufacturing problems
- lucrecia Biosca, Florida

2020-07-26 2019 Fleetwood Flair 29M View Listings

Reading the reviews I have had mine in for the windshield wipers now for the 4th time just at 5k miles. Dealers keeps telling me it’s the linkage and each time it’s fixed. Leaving ago for another 2k mike journey we shall see. After reading others with the same issue my hopes are not great. When is is Fleetwood gonna stand behind there product and admit there is a serous issue. Before someone gets hurt or killed. Why are the dealerships where u purchase these from not fighting for the customers. We bought ours brand new 2 miles on it. We got 4o miles from our destination before the rain started and that’s when they locked up in the middle of the window. Called dealer they passed us off to Fleetwood they had me go by a control module at a dealer in Florida did nothing cost me 500.00 bucks they told me to send them the part and they would pay reimburse us. Nope the sent us the part back and told us to go to ford. This was in a coach that joe had 899 miles on it. Sad pay over 100k and now almost 2 years later with extended warranty purchase still no resolve. Maybe enough of us get together and due a class action suit before someone gets hurt
- Bryan Hoffman , Ohio

2020-05-16 2017 Fleetwood Flair 29T View Listings

2017 Fleetwood Flair 29T, 11,000 miles excellent condition. Everything will be included. This unit is great for getting in and out of spaces with ease. Only 2 trips were made. 3 TV’s, queen size bed, sleeps 6. So much to list.
- James Lagattolla , Florida

2020-04-17 1998 Fleetwood Flair 30H View Listings

I have had towables before but now I want to have a motorhome which will be my home for myself and my 4 little ones. I will need a car trailer as the ford mustang I own is rear wheel drive. Where did I get my towing experence? My husband and I were concessionaires we traveled all over. I loved that life but he passed and I went home to take care of family. Now all I have to worry about is me and my 4 little ones, the 4 legged ones.
- Virginia White, Arizona

2020-03-19 2004 Fleetwood Flair 33R View Listings

I fell totally in love with the RV the first time I saw it and knew it was the RV for us. Once my Hubby saw it, he agreed wholeheartedly. She starts first time, every time. It is really awesome condition for it's age. We lived it it for 2 months straight and really enjoyed our time thoroughly. We absolutely love this RV, but because of medical issues (two bad arms and shoulders), I can not longer drive it. My hubby is not much of a driver, so he can not, either. There are no mechanical issues, only a couple of minor cosmetic ones, mentioned in the description, other than that she is wonderful!!
- Steven & Patricia Kintner, North Carolina

2020-01-02 2019 Fleetwood Flair 28A View Listings

So I bought my Fleetwood brand new 2019 it had 1000 miles on it I was only owner. So I don’t know if this has anything to do with the Fleetwood RV manufacturer but the Ford 450 that it sitting on has gave me issues straight out from leaving the dealer first of all the windshield wiper motor completely went out so I had to come back turn it in to two weeks to fix went back to get it which is 200 miles away and then drove off the lot it rained again And then they blew again. A few months went by another rain storm and then it blew again now the dealer is giving me a hard time and I’ll get it fixed and this could be a dangerous situation if anybody out there has had that same issue please let me know. Thank you
- Terry Killebrew, Florida

2019-12-02 2019 Fleetwood Flair 35R View Listings

Our first trip stranded in TEXAS water running out of both sides had to have Plummer fix every fitting in RV. Next stop full wall wall slide failed, took month to get fixed in as. Finally on way home last night other slide failed would not come in took three days finally they freed motor pushed slide in and nailed 2x4s to keep in. We finally got home took RV to Fleetwood in Decatur Ind had 42 more items to be repaired. Most were done ok except we came to find we went home with bad slide motor that took another day at general rv. So far they have paid for all until generator fuel pump went out out costing us $380.54.
- Dennis J. Kearns, Michigan

2019-10-11 2019 Fleetwood Flair 29M View Listings

Bought this RV in Jan 2019 from RV World League City TX. Terrible followup and customer service . Could not even get a call back on issues. Had to go to another dealer for help. My RV has been in the shop seven times since purchased. From the first time out we had problems, the roof had a leak. No power to electrical in rear of vehicle. No AC even though generator worked fine. The entrance door was not aligned. Refrigerator door need replacement. Had to order both entrance and frig door waiting time two months. Next time out, interior lining on outside storage compartments came loose. AC not working had to replace. Vehicle pulling to the right was told this was my problem and not a warranty issue. Pluming for sink broke loose, shower need resealing. Auto leveling system panel had to be replaced and one jack replaced. Although factory parts arrived waiting time of upto 2 months seems quite long. Really kinda scared to take the thing out, don't know if something else will break. Most likely will be putting it up sale very soon. Would not recommend this buy.
- TIM BRISCOE, Texas

2019-10-07 2019 Fleetwood Flair 32S View Listings

This unit is starting to spend more time back at the dealer than on the road. Every time we go out we end up having to go back into the shop. Each time it has something to do with the drivers side slide. First it wouldn't close all the way, then leaking around the seals, they have to replace all the rollers and now we're out camping and getting ready to move and the slide won't close at all. Of course it's a weekend and we can't get anything done. Called a dealer that was open and was told we needed to call back tomorrow after 9:00 am when their shop opens. Didn't bother about taking my information to have them call me when they come in. Tried calling the Fleetwood assistance number and got a recording to call Monday - Friday. Piss poor customer service.
- Steve, Florida

2019-10-02 2017 Fleetwood Flair 30P View Listings

This rig is a 29 ft and what a beautiful maneuvering motorhome. Very nice layout with 2 swivel captain 2 tone chairs. Back up camera. Sofa that lays to a bed. Eating table that also folds to a bed. Above drivers seats a queen size bed electrically come down. Beautiful laid out kitchen with 3 burner stove, oven and microwave. Rear bedroom had queen size bed plenty of storage. 3 tv’s. 2 stereo systems. So much to list.
- Penny Lagattolla, Florida

2019-08-18 2017 Fleetwood Flair 31E View Listings

I purchased this 31E new in 2017, I've only had one warranty issue and that was a bad ground on the chassis causing the lights not to work. Our local Ford dealership has serviced this RV every year and keeps in it great shape. The RV has ample shape and is geared towards small families with 7 seat belts, 7 beds and 7 places for people to eat or more if you use the front table. The captain chairs turn around as well for more guests. It is the perfect size to drive and get in and out of small county/state parks but livable enough you don't notice its only 31 feet long. The best thing about this coach is the huge amounts of outside storage. Its easy to get set up at a campsite with the auto levelers and (2) slides. You'll love the Fleetwood Flair 31E.
- Mark Petersen, Iowa

2019-08-05 2019 Fleetwood Flair 29M View Listings

We bought the unit new. We have an issue every time we use it. The dealership can't get the electrical fixed. The overhead bunk got stuck in the down position. The lights don't work and has been worked on 5 different times. We love the length and layout but are frustrated by electrical and quality issues.
- Carol, Virginia

2019-06-15 2003 Fleetwood Flair 33R View Listings

We have been able to travel in extreme comfort. And host large parties from the well designed kitchen.the storage bays have maximum room for games and camping equipment and tools and extra supplies. We have been very comfortable in both extremes of weather.
- Lori Taylor, Nebraska

2019-06-10 2016 Fleetwood Flair 26E View Listings

The best floor plan of any class A i have seen. Large separate shower is hard to find in this price range, plus separate bathroom with porcelain toilet across the hall. Two queen Beds. Very Comfortable. More storage than you can use.
- Curt Landes, Utah

2019-02-13 1998 Fleetwood Flair 25Y View Listings

I had this type of RV for 10 years and had lots of good times in it. The wife and I have traveled to 40 different states and camped in state parks and national parks. We liked the twin beds because of my restless leg syndrome. It's a comfortable camper with plenty of room. We got a bigger Class A when we decided to go to full time travel. Stuck with the Fleetwood, no big complaints in 10 years.
- James Sullivan, Michigan

2019-01-30 1995 Fleetwood Flair 26R View Listings

Drove it all over the. Southern part of California while the children were growing up, maintained meticulously. Absolutely no mechanical problems with it has less than 50,000 miles on it. The children have grown up now, it's time to move on is the only reason I'm looking to sell it., i'm sure will make someone a wonderful RV. It just needs a loving home.
- Christy Yohanab, California

2019-01-24 2017 Fleetwood Flair 30P View Listings

Used it very little. It pulled our Focus with ease and was very comfortable for us to live in for extended periods from Nevada to Montana. It fits in State parks or RV resorts plus it will sleep 4 Grandkids easily
- dicono1, Idaho

2019-01-02 1995 Fleetwood Flair 26R View Listings

I purchased brand new a 2015 Jayco Eagle Premier 338FKDS a few months after taking trips we noticed Water in the RV while Driving in the Rain. Took the RV where we originally purchased it , we were told the whole front Cap of the RV needed to be replaced. The Dealer ordered the cap , replaced it but didn’t replace the propane cover, now we have none matching cap and cover and Jayco refused to replace the propane cover. I’ve owned 4 Jayco RV’s and will no longer purchase any Jayco products if this is the way they treat loyal customers
- Modesto Suarez, Texas

2018-11-28 2019 Fleetwood Flair 31A View Listings

Don't expect everything to be covered under the warranty. Had the motorhome 5 months and the first rain storm we had a water leak above the drivers seat. Took it to the dealer and was told that sealants aren't covered under the warranty. I called the manufacturer and they told me that was my responsibility, that the sealant needs to be replaced every 6 months. Being a brand new motorhome I feel they did a bad job of sealing it from the factory and it should be covered by warranty.
- Dale Nolen, Arizona