Fleetwood Discovery Reviews on RV Insider (74)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Fleetwood Discovery RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Shane from Utah says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2015 Fleetwood Discovery 37R View Listings

HORRIBLE! DONT BUY ONE. I bought a brand new 37r from my local dealer. From day one I have had nothing but problems with it. Sure it had some little quirks with it like every Motorhome will. I know you are rolling down the road shaking the pieces out of these things, but this went way deeper than that. We had a smell coming inside the coach that smelled like engine burning, or exhaust or something from the engine compartment. When we drove it, it would give us bad headaches and make us a little nauseous. I took it in to the dealer and they could not find anything. I took another trip and same things happened. So back to the dealer. ( mind you it has now been in the shop about 15 times) they found about 30 cracks, holes, areas where the wood was not tight or where things did not align up properly so they foamed it all with expanding spray foam. They went overboard. I removed the wood cover over my water heater. All the water lines were now encased in foam. Half of my water heater was covered in foam. That's what the manufacture told the dealer to do. Guess what, it did not solve the problem. Back and forth to the dealer countless times. Finally fleetwood said we will bring it back to the manufacture and work on it. So they did. Put another 3000 miles on the coach and spent three weeks back there. I now have 11,000 miles on the coach and have only taken 5 trips in it. They said they tore out the whole master bedroom and replaced the floor. They drove it back out to me and said it was all fixed.... (Wrong). Still did the very same thing. I was pissed. Let me point out at this point, this is just one items I have been dealing with. There are countless other things going wrong with the coach simultaneously. Just to name a few. First trip out it started raining, the wipers would not work. But when it quit raining they would work again. I finally fiqured out that water from the road was coming up over the wheel well and into the electrical panel compartment behind the wheel well and shorting out the wipers. Many hours later and countless tubes of caulking that one was fixed. I had door frames falling apart from the ceiling so doors would not close, I had no heat out of the front dashboard. I had no heat in the master bedroom or bathroom (found out they smashed the duct work when installed. ) I had outlets pulling out of the walls. I had very low hot water pressure and they could not tell me why. They just said that is normal. (So normal I could not shower because the water would just trickle down the shower faucet, right. ) Again after many trips and many hours they found it had a bad water mixing valve. (Can you say LEMON). Oh no don't say it yet. It gets worse...... On top of about 20 other things going wrong with the inside of the coach. I decide to go to Vegas. I get two hours down the road, the whole time I could smell a very strong smell and it continued getting worse. I finally considered turning around because my wife was now on the couch sick as a dog, massive headache and I myself was nauseous and also had a headache when I had someone signal to me to pull over. When I did I went outside to the engine compartment and I had diesel fuel pouring out on the ground and had been spraying my tow vehicle for the last two hours. Everything was covered. I called the manufacture and they told me to tow it to the nearest dealer and have it fixed. End of vacation again. It spent yet another week in the shop to find out that the fuel injector on cylinder number 1 had broken off. And of coarse it was a recalled part but they don't feel it is important to warn people about it. They will just fix it as they break. Amazing... Anyway. Back to the next and final trip in this Motorhome for me. I went up to see our daughter in Another state, and spent the first night there and on the second night at 1:30 am the carbon monoxide detector goes off. It scares the living crap out of me. I get up and feel sick and a little dizzy. I open up the windows and door to air it out. Finally after about ten minutes the alarm quits chirping. I was so mad at this point I knew I was done. The next day I went in to a dealership where I was at and found a new coach that I really liked. It is a tiffin 40 qbh. Have heard nothing but fabulous things about the quality of tiffin and the support you get. I traded in my old Fleetwood and drove home in the new coach. What a difference to finally be in a unit that is quality built. I would like you to note that all through this process I was in contact with the manufacture and not once did they say, hey I am real sorry, I think you might of got a lemon, let's replace it with another coach. Not once did they offer to help out with expenses incurred from all the mishaps. I spent 200,000 on the coach and have made payments of 2000.00 a month for a year now. That's 24,000 dollars plus the loss of the trade in because fleetwood would drag their feet and not do anything for me I lost another 40,000 in the trade. So I have lost over 64,000 dollars on a coach I have not been able to take out once without some major problems that ruined each trip. I finally called fleetwood and told them that I traded in the old 37r and bought a different brand and they seemed to care less. I know I am just one person to many millions of buyers for them. And I am sure they are happy to have me gone. But with the use of media like it is today. My one review will hopefully affect thousands as they consider what to buy when it comes to a new rv. Fleetwood should be excluded from your list. There is no customer service!!! I fully expected fleetwood to stand up for what they sell, I had a very bad unit, I expected fleetwood to buy it back from me and let me chose another coach. At the time I would have been happy to just swap it out with another new coach. But they chose not to go that route. Instead they would just keep blowing me off until I would go away. Well they got part of it right. I went away but I am not gone. I will forever more tell people at every rally I go to and every person I see and talk to about rv's the experiences that I had with fleetwood. I am not a vindictive person but if that is the way they are going to treat their customers then I want people to know about it. It's never to late to make this right Fleetwood........just saying P.s. I keep thinking of things that were wrong with the unit. There were so many things that I start to forget them over time...I wished I could add pictures to this review. Pictures are worth a thousand words and they would speak volumes for this coach. Some of each of these things contributed to a ruined vacation every single time we went out. And mind you at a cost of many thousands of dollars with time off work, time in shops getting things fixed, non refundable helicopter trips to the bottom of the Grand Canyon that you missed because your Motorhome is sitting on the side of the freeway broken down again....it's not worth it. No hot water could not shower whole trip (several trips. Kept saying it was fixed when it was not) Water mixing valve inop Outlets falling out of place No heat on dashboard Water into electrical panel compartment Electric cord reel broken. Would not stop winding up. Front rock guard peeling off Fuel injector broken off ( engine about to catch fire) Wipers not working Outside compartment doors flying open during travel on freeway (scary) Kinked power steering hose ( from the manufacture) Squeaky brakes since ownership Delaminated windshield Faulty water heater fuel valve Leaky pipes at water heater Smell from engine compartment Cracks, holes, openings for smell to come through Sun bleached led lighting on front of coach Smokey generator Air leak in man door and one window (air whistling while driving) Steering wheel cover latch broken Microwave squeaking so loud. Had fixed at factory. Came back worse No heat into bedroom and bathroom (smashed duct work ) No heat under dash on drivers side Bathroom window seal came apart. Would not seal. Forgot to fix at factory I know there are more things I just can not remember them at this moment. Do yourself a favor and take it from someone who has learned the hard way. Don't do it. Save yourself the pain and agony and your hard earned dollars and do some research. You will come up with a better solution. My question is why do companies act this way.....it used to be because they can.. But not anymore. I have seen social media close companies down. That's not my intent here but I would like to see something done. And if word continues to spread it will reach the majority of the Masses and things will change for the better or they will have to close down. Had that carbon monoxide detector not gone off. I would not be here writing this letter to you. I would be dead and not one thing would change.
- Shane, Utah

2020-09-01 2007 Fleetwood Discovery 40X View Listings

I loved living in my home away from home. It has as much space as the home I grew up as a child. Remember one trip to the keys, we did many of those. Being that I'm a scuba instr. Stayed at point of view key largo. We checked out Hilton as well as the Marriott. Our accommodation were far better than either. And we slept in our own bed. No bed bugs! R/V is only way to travel!!!
- Ken Kirby, Tennessee

2020-08-30 2019 Fleetwood Discovery 38F View Listings

Problems with Freightliner finding and accessing parts, So your stuck in their parking lot on your vacation for 5 to 7 days.. Can Fleetwood reimburse for all expenses of vacation lost?? When we pulled in the service dept said this is the third same problem this week, the DEF Header, So parts made in CHINA, it needs to be considered a RECALL.. Fleetwood using bad parts to make your 300,000.00 Motorhome... YES.
- D Sutherland, Utah

2020-08-20 2014 Fleetwood Discovery 40X View Listings

Simply put it is an Awesome Coach! Discovery is very high in quality and design! Support has been excellent and Full Body Paint scheme has received many compliments from those in the parks and on the road! ALL house systems very well thought out and the 380HP Cummings and Freightliner Chasis on Michelin Tires equals riding on AIR! Storage with Raised Rail in Basement is the ticket. Heated basement and holding tanks make this a year round secure unit! DO the Maintenance and you will Enjoy you’re Coach! Freighter is a huge source to help you along!
- Steve Gionfriddo , Georgia

2020-07-16 2015 Fleetwood Discovery 40G View Listings

We absolutely love this RV with its wide-open floorplan for our family of five. The kids favor the bunkroom for its privacy, and so do the parents (LOL). Each bunk has its own DVD player, so there is never a fight on which movie to watch. Fleetwood has built a sold coach from its foundation up. Nothing rattles or rolls as we cruise down the highway, and the coach just drives like a dream with its high profile and airbag suspension. I never feel worn out after driving on long trips. This model is equipped with all the amenities too that make our journeys even more enjoyable, like a washer and dryer (which my wife appreciates with three kids), a dishwasher (my favorite), four flatscreen televisions with surround sound, and a tracking satellite dish. We really enjoy the outside entertainment center too for watching football games, the races, or an evening movie with the kids. There is more storage in the basement bays then you know what to do with. I've never had so much storage in any of our RV's like this Discovery. Plus the doors swing out instead of up so it's easier to access my camping gear, especially with its full bay slide tray. We have been able to boondock comfortably for several days due to its large holding tanks, large inverter, 8K generator, and solar panel. If you have a sizable family and like to journey out and explore new places, then I would highly recommend this model for you. We love it!
- Mike Mashke, Florida

2020-07-08 2010 Fleetwood Discovery 40X View Listings

It's been great. When we first got it it had a few issues we took care of because of age. A beautiful high end motor home.Well thought out by the engineer and well decorated. We have had motor homes in the past but this is the best one we have had.
- Steve Corcoran, Ohio

2020-05-03 2006 Fleetwood Discovery 39L View Listings

Whether it be for a weekend or fulltime, the four slides gives you that extra space and comfort to stretch out and not feel so cramped. It's very easy to drive with no chassis related issues from the Freightliner chassis. The 330 Cat. has more than enough power to pull you and your toad up and down the continental divide 10% grades getting around 7.5 to 9.5 mpg overall. The basement has plenty of room for everything you would need for a weekend or full time. If your looking for fulltime or just to get away, don't pass this one up
- Gary Holzermer , Florida

2020-03-10 2019 Fleetwood Discovery 38N View Listings

Just picked one up, little used 12K on it. The caftmanship is top of the line for the price. The floor layout in the N is perfect for grand parents with Grandkids. Bunks are out of the way and easy to cover up. The power, and technicals are 1st class... I added my own Cradlepoint LTE/WIFI box so I can manage this remotely. I would recommend this coach for intermediate RV'ers and also the pro's. I am going to replace the TV in the kitchen for a 50" because I love a BIG TV. Enjoy!!!!
- Marty, Florida

2020-02-04 2012 Fleetwood Discovery 40G View Listings

This RV will be missed. Nothing better than spending Quality time with your own family. Bunk beds, 3 cooling zones, 4 TVs along with 3 separate entrances to the restroom. This rv is perfect for a family of up to 8 with room to throw an additional air mattress on the floor totaling 10 people. I am going to miss it but its something we dont use as much now the kids are grown. If I could do it over again I never would have purchased the gas model and would have purchased this diesel right off the bat. You can NOT even compare the 2.
- Joe Fawaz , Michigan

2020-01-21 2008 Fleetwood Discovery 40X View Listings

This Motorhome is awesome in most every way. Quality of finishes, comfort of seating, square footage available, floor plan, room in the bathroom for bigger people. Storage everywhere, Semi's don't bother you when traveling down the road.
- kenneth gourley, Texas

2019-10-29 2017 Fleetwood Discovery 39G View Listings

We have enjoyed using our Discovery 39G. We haven't ran into any big problems and we have had it for two years now. I would definitely recommend purchasing the extra five year warranty and the clear coat and seating protection just in case. With any rv you have a chance of something breaking which can be costly. We like Fleetwood as the rv's are great quality and look for the price. We would but Fleetwood again in the future.
- Tisha Jewell, Ohio

2019-10-21 1999 Fleetwood Discovery 36T View Listings

This rig has been great for my wife and I. We really enjoy everything about it! It is completely self contained and we can hit the road for a month or just go to the beach for the weekend. Plenty of room for guests and still not too big for some campgrounds. We love it but we are no longer using it much so its time for a new owner!
- Michael Harter, California

2019-10-18 1999 Fleetwood Discovery 36T View Listings

This 1999 36 foot Fleetwood Discovery Motorhome is absolutely beautiful inside and out. Diesel Powered, Generator, Completely Self Contained, Full size Shower, Washer & Dryer, Queen Size Bed with almost new mattress located in the back of the bus. Pullout Couch, Living Room Slide-out, Kitchen, Stovetop, Convection plus Microwave Oven. Runs And Drives Great!!! This is a one of a kind rig that has been very well maintained. Complete repaint at the factory 7 yrs ago and a complete upgrade to the interior including removing all carpets for hard wood floors, replacing all hardware on cabinetry and lighting. All awnings are in great shape. It is very rare to find an older motorhome in this condition all the way around!!!
- Michael Harter, California

2019-10-17 2015 Fleetwood Discovery 40E View Listings

This RV was awesome for our trips- it’s like a house and the mattresses are comfy! We slept more than 4. Zip on room added a rough for extra sleeping. Easy to drive- amazing storage! Great for tailgating but could also live in Florida with it!
- Amy bergqvist, Pennsylvania

2019-09-10 2008 Fleetwood Discovery 35H View Listings

My Fleetwood Discovery 35H is the perfect Class A Diesel Coach; It has all of the amenities of the big rig but is the perfect size. The floor plan is great and with the custom mid-cabin TV, you can watch TV straight on and in comfort. I have personally inspected many different makes & models of Class A diesels and love the size and quality. The combination of a Cummins Engine & Allison Transmission cannot be beat! Once you inspect this coach, you will want to drive it home!!!!
- Judy Vaughn, Florida

2019-08-27 2014 Fleetwood Discovery 40X View Listings

This is a great motorhome. Looks great, rides great and fun to drive. The floor plan is like a real living room. It’s powerful and comfortable. The Discovery is the top of the line in Fleetwood now and probably the best value out there.
- Bill Schiber , Illinois

2019-08-21 2015 Fleetwood Discovery 40E View Listings

Have a issue with the DuraSheild Coating on the front and front left & right side with brown spots still under warranty DuraSheild reps say spots are caused buy the sun and won't cover it, Fleetwood Factory said I'm on my own and they are the one that put it on. Had I known I was going to have this problem I would have never let them put it on it's sad when the factory can't stand behind their product don't buy from Fleetwood go somewhere else most of all stay away from durasheild.
- Dancenotti, Florida

2019-08-10 2008 Fleetwood Discovery 35H View Listings

During my ownership of this RV, I have been to many trade shows and looked at other RV's - this 35 ft Fleetwood Discovery always excels over all others even new models. The quality, size, floor plan, spaciousness, decor and livability are the best I have found. The mechanical aspects of the Freightliner chassis, Cummins diesel engine and Allison transmission allow for comfortable, easy, dependable and worry free driving. This 35 ft Fleetwood Discovery will tick all of your boxes making it the perfect choice for your next RV. Due to lifestyle changes, it is now necessary to sell.
- Judith Vaughn, Florida

2019-07-07 2017 Fleetwood Discovery 39F View Listings

Bought my unit new in 2017, after 13-14 months I noticed the paint was peeling and the metal was rusting in the basement compartment doors, I called Fleetwood, since it was over 12 months they would not do any thing to help me. Pretty bad paint job on a pretty expensive ride.
- Michael A. Bush, Ohio

2019-05-27 2008 Fleetwood Discovery 40X View Listings

We love it ... just don’t have time to camp or travel like we plan on doing. It’s a great camper everything you need and then some , Garage keep.... extended warranty comes with it from Good Sam’s. Everything in good working condition.
- Susan Baroni, Mississippi

2019-04-11 2013 Fleetwood Discovery 40X View Listings

When in need of temporary residence for 4 months between moves, this RV was super comfortable, roomy and had everything we needed! We never felt cramped; the ceramic e floors are easy to care and look wonderful. This RV is perfect for anyone who wants to live in FL during the winters or for the sports enthusiast who enjoys racing - it can easily pull a 30 ft enclosed trailer too!
- D Peterson, Florida

2019-03-25 2003 Fleetwood Discovery 39S View Listings

We enjoy the open space the opposing slide outs offer in the living area. This RV drives easily and is simple to operate in regard to hook ups and deployment on arrival to a site. The oven is a great option on this model.
- DB, Texas

2019-03-21 2015 Fleetwood Discovery 40E View Listings

This RV was like a luxury home! I loved how gorgeous it was and my husband loved all the tv’s, indoor and out, for veiwing sports! We grilled outside and hardly ever used the kitchen. We had a large refidgerator and huge “basement” slides to store tons of supplies or “toys”. The huge water supply, propane and generator made it so we could live for a week with out the 50 amp hook up if we chose to. It has a king bed and suite. We slept guests in livingroom queen sofa and also put kids on the floor and even used the outdoor zip on room and put up cots! The kids loved this because of the the outdoor TV for nightime movies!
- Amy Bergqvist, Pennsylvania

2019-03-08 2015 Fleetwood Discovery 40G View Listings

We sold our home in Indiana in 2017 and bought this RV to live in and to travel. I love everything about this RV. This is our 5th motor home and I wish we had started with this one..a pure joy to drive and it has everything you will ever need to live, comfortably. But this RV, you won’t be disappointed.
- Carla Tuttle, Florida

2019-03-06 2011 Fleetwood Discovery 40G View Listings

We had many many fun times in this RV. Rides like a dream! Our baby grandson slept like an angel while on the road! Three tv’s to enjoy and a traveling satellite dish. Everything you could want, except a dishwasher, in this beauty!
- Robert Fangman, Kentucky