Fleetwood Discovery RVs Reviews (62)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Fleetwood Discovery RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Shane from Utah says:

Have you owned any Fleetwood Discovery RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2015 Fleetwood Discovery 37R View Listings

HORRIBLE! DONT BUY ONE. I bought a brand new 37r from my local dealer. From day one I have had nothing but problems with it. Sure it had some little quirks with it like every Motorhome will. I know you are rolling down the road shaking the pieces out of these things, but this went way deeper than that. We had a smell coming inside the coach that smelled like engine burning, or exhaust or something from the engine compartment. When we drove it, it would give us bad headaches and make us a little nauseous. I took it in to the dealer and they could not find anything. I took another trip and same things happened. So back to the dealer. ( mind you it has now been in the shop about 15 times) they found about 30 cracks, holes, areas where the wood was not tight or where things did not align up properly so they foamed it all with expanding spray foam. They went overboard. I removed the wood cover over my water heater. All the water lines were now encased in foam. Half of my water heater was covered in foam. That's what the manufacture told the dealer to do. Guess what, it did not solve the problem. Back and forth to the dealer countless times. Finally fleetwood said we will bring it back to the manufacture and work on it. So they did. Put another 3000 miles on the coach and spent three weeks back there. I now have 11,000 miles on the coach and have only taken 5 trips in it. They said they tore out the whole master bedroom and replaced the floor. They drove it back out to me and said it was all fixed.... (Wrong). Still did the very same thing. I was pissed. Let me point out at this point, this is just one items I have been dealing with. There are countless other things going wrong with the coach simultaneously. Just to name a few. First trip out it started raining, the wipers would not work. But when it quit raining they would work again. I finally fiqured out that water from the road was coming up over the wheel well and into the electrical panel compartment behind the wheel well and shorting out the wipers. Many hours later and countless tubes of caulking that one was fixed. I had door frames falling apart from the ceiling so doors would not close, I had no heat out of the front dashboard. I had no heat in the master bedroom or bathroom (found out they smashed the duct work when installed. ) I had outlets pulling out of the walls. I had very low hot water pressure and they could not tell me why. They just said that is normal. (So normal I could not shower because the water would just trickle down the shower faucet, right. ) Again after many trips and many hours they found it had a bad water mixing valve. (Can you say LEMON). Oh no don't say it yet. It gets worse...... On top of about 20 other things going wrong with the inside of the coach. I decide to go to Vegas. I get two hours down the road, the whole time I could smell a very strong smell and it continued getting worse. I finally considered turning around because my wife was now on the couch sick as a dog, massive headache and I myself was nauseous and also had a headache when I had someone signal to me to pull over. When I did I went outside to the engine compartment and I had diesel fuel pouring out on the ground and had been spraying my tow vehicle for the last two hours. Everything was covered. I called the manufacture and they told me to tow it to the nearest dealer and have it fixed. End of vacation again. It spent yet another week in the shop to find out that the fuel injector on cylinder number 1 had broken off. And of coarse it was a recalled part but they don't feel it is important to warn people about it. They will just fix it as they break. Amazing... Anyway. Back to the next and final trip in this Motorhome for me. I went up to see our daughter in Another state, and spent the first night there and on the second night at 1:30 am the carbon monoxide detector goes off. It scares the living crap out of me. I get up and feel sick and a little dizzy. I open up the windows and door to air it out. Finally after about ten minutes the alarm quits chirping. I was so mad at this point I knew I was done. The next day I went in to a dealership where I was at and found a new coach that I really liked. It is a tiffin 40 qbh. Have heard nothing but fabulous things about the quality of tiffin and the support you get. I traded in my old Fleetwood and drove home in the new coach. What a difference to finally be in a unit that is quality built. I would like you to note that all through this process I was in contact with the manufacture and not once did they say, hey I am real sorry, I think you might of got a lemon, let's replace it with another coach. Not once did they offer to help out with expenses incurred from all the mishaps. I spent 200,000 on the coach and have made payments of 2000.00 a month for a year now. That's 24,000 dollars plus the loss of the trade in because fleetwood would drag their feet and not do anything for me I lost another 40,000 in the trade. So I have lost over 64,000 dollars on a coach I have not been able to take out once without some major problems that ruined each trip. I finally called fleetwood and told them that I traded in the old 37r and bought a different brand and they seemed to care less. I know I am just one person to many millions of buyers for them. And I am sure they are happy to have me gone. But with the use of media like it is today. My one review will hopefully affect thousands as they consider what to buy when it comes to a new rv. Fleetwood should be excluded from your list. There is no customer service!!! I fully expected fleetwood to stand up for what they sell, I had a very bad unit, I expected fleetwood to buy it back from me and let me chose another coach. At the time I would have been happy to just swap it out with another new coach. But they chose not to go that route. Instead they would just keep blowing me off until I would go away. Well they got part of it right. I went away but I am not gone. I will forever more tell people at every rally I go to and every person I see and talk to about rv's the experiences that I had with fleetwood. I am not a vindictive person but if that is the way they are going to treat their customers then I want people to know about it. It's never to late to make this right Fleetwood........just saying P.s. I keep thinking of things that were wrong with the unit. There were so many things that I start to forget them over time...I wished I could add pictures to this review. Pictures are worth a thousand words and they would speak volumes for this coach. Some of each of these things contributed to a ruined vacation every single time we went out. And mind you at a cost of many thousands of dollars with time off work, time in shops getting things fixed, non refundable helicopter trips to the bottom of the Grand Canyon that you missed because your Motorhome is sitting on the side of the freeway broken down again....it's not worth it. No hot water could not shower whole trip (several trips. Kept saying it was fixed when it was not) Water mixing valve inop Outlets falling out of place No heat on dashboard Water into electrical panel compartment Electric cord reel broken. Would not stop winding up. Front rock guard peeling off Fuel injector broken off ( engine about to catch fire) Wipers not working Outside compartment doors flying open during travel on freeway (scary) Kinked power steering hose ( from the manufacture) Squeaky brakes since ownership Delaminated windshield Faulty water heater fuel valve Leaky pipes at water heater Smell from engine compartment Cracks, holes, openings for smell to come through Sun bleached led lighting on front of coach Smokey generator Air leak in man door and one window (air whistling while driving) Steering wheel cover latch broken Microwave squeaking so loud. Had fixed at factory. Came back worse No heat into bedroom and bathroom (smashed duct work ) No heat under dash on drivers side Bathroom window seal came apart. Would not seal. Forgot to fix at factory I know there are more things I just can not remember them at this moment. Do yourself a favor and take it from someone who has learned the hard way. Don't do it. Save yourself the pain and agony and your hard earned dollars and do some research. You will come up with a better solution. My question is why do companies act this way.....it used to be because they can.. But not anymore. I have seen social media close companies down. That's not my intent here but I would like to see something done. And if word continues to spread it will reach the majority of the Masses and things will change for the better or they will have to close down. Had that carbon monoxide detector not gone off. I would not be here writing this letter to you. I would be dead and not one thing would change.
- Shane, Utah

2019-10-17 2015 Fleetwood Discovery 40E View Listings

This RV was awesome for our trips- it’s like a house and the mattresses are comfy! We slept more than 4. Zip on room added a rough for extra sleeping. Easy to drive- amazing storage! Great for tailgating but could also live in Florida with it!
- Amy bergqvist, Pennsylvania

2019-09-10 2008 Fleetwood Discovery 35H View Listings

My Fleetwood Discovery 35H is the perfect Class A Diesel Coach; It has all of the amenities of the big rig but is the perfect size. The floor plan is great and with the custom mid-cabin TV, you can watch TV straight on and in comfort. I have personally inspected many different makes & models of Class A diesels and love the size and quality. The combination of a Cummins Engine & Allison Transmission cannot be beat! Once you inspect this coach, you will want to drive it home!!!!
- Judy Vaughn, Florida

2019-08-27 2014 Fleetwood Discovery 40X View Listings

This is a great motorhome. Looks great, rides great and fun to drive. The floor plan is like a real living room. It’s powerful and comfortable. The Discovery is the top of the line in Fleetwood now and probably the best value out there.
- Bill Schiber , Illinois

2019-08-21 2015 Fleetwood Discovery 40E View Listings

Have a issue with the DuraSheild Coating on the front and front left & right side with brown spots still under warranty DuraSheild reps say spots are caused buy the sun and won't cover it, Fleetwood Factory said I'm on my own and they are the one that put it on. Had I known I was going to have this problem I would have never let them put it on it's sad when the factory can't stand behind their product don't buy from Fleetwood go somewhere else most of all stay away from durasheild.
- Dancenotti@gmail.com, Florida

2019-08-10 2008 Fleetwood Discovery 35H View Listings

During my ownership of this RV, I have been to many trade shows and looked at other RV's - this 35 ft Fleetwood Discovery always excels over all others even new models. The quality, size, floor plan, spaciousness, decor and livability are the best I have found. The mechanical aspects of the Freightliner chassis, Cummins diesel engine and Allison transmission allow for comfortable, easy, dependable and worry free driving. This 35 ft Fleetwood Discovery will tick all of your boxes making it the perfect choice for your next RV. Due to lifestyle changes, it is now necessary to sell.
- Judith Vaughn, Florida

2019-07-07 2017 Fleetwood Discovery 39F View Listings

Bought my unit new in 2017, after 13-14 months I noticed the paint was peeling and the metal was rusting in the basement compartment doors, I called Fleetwood, since it was over 12 months they would not do any thing to help me. Pretty bad paint job on a pretty expensive ride.
- Michael A. Bush, Ohio

2019-05-27 2008 Fleetwood Discovery 40X View Listings

We love it ... just don’t have time to camp or travel like we plan on doing. It’s a great camper everything you need and then some , Garage keep.... extended warranty comes with it from Good Sam’s. Everything in good working condition.
- Susan Baroni, Mississippi

2019-04-11 2013 Fleetwood Discovery 40X View Listings

When in need of temporary residence for 4 months between moves, this RV was super comfortable, roomy and had everything we needed! We never felt cramped; the ceramic e floors are easy to care and look wonderful. This RV is perfect for anyone who wants to live in FL during the winters or for the sports enthusiast who enjoys racing - it can easily pull a 30 ft enclosed trailer too!
- D Peterson, Florida

2019-03-25 2003 Fleetwood Discovery 39S View Listings

We enjoy the open space the opposing slide outs offer in the living area. This RV drives easily and is simple to operate in regard to hook ups and deployment on arrival to a site. The oven is a great option on this model.
- DB, Texas

2019-03-21 2015 Fleetwood Discovery 40E View Listings

This RV was like a luxury home! I loved how gorgeous it was and my husband loved all the tv’s, indoor and out, for veiwing sports! We grilled outside and hardly ever used the kitchen. We had a large refidgerator and huge “basement” slides to store tons of supplies or “toys”. The huge water supply, propane and generator made it so we could live for a week with out the 50 amp hook up if we chose to. It has a king bed and suite. We slept guests in livingroom queen sofa and also put kids on the floor and even used the outdoor zip on room and put up cots! The kids loved this because of the the outdoor TV for nightime movies!
- Amy Bergqvist, Pennsylvania

2019-03-08 2015 Fleetwood Discovery 40G View Listings

We sold our home in Indiana in 2017 and bought this RV to live in and to travel. I love everything about this RV. This is our 5th motor home and I wish we had started with this one..a pure joy to drive and it has everything you will ever need to live, comfortably. But this RV, you won’t be disappointed.
- Carla Tuttle, Florida

2019-03-06 2011 Fleetwood Discovery 40G View Listings

We had many many fun times in this RV. Rides like a dream! Our baby grandson slept like an angel while on the road! Three tv’s to enjoy and a traveling satellite dish. Everything you could want, except a dishwasher, in this beauty!
- Robert Fangman, Kentucky

2019-03-03 2006 Fleetwood Discovery 39V View Listings

This is our second lost our first one in a fire, we liked it so much we bought another, (different color and furniture, as we bought what we could find and our price range), we purchased them both used of course 2006, we love it, my husband does all the driving, and can drive for hours and hours, says he is very comfortable, and as a passenger I am totally comfortable. We tow a four door jeep with ease. We have plenty of power going up inclines, with the sids out plenty of room to live in and socialize. WE LOVE ours. We have never had to use factory support so I can not rate it fairly
- Debra L Ruth, Ohio

2019-02-26 2007 Fleetwood Discovery 39V View Listings

It’s the best RV for the money. Great quality. A must buy if you can find one. Great gas mileage. Everything that you would want for a great travel experience. The refrigerator is the best. They have lots of storage
- Randy Gibbs, Arizona

2019-02-03 2014 Fleetwood Discovery 40X View Listings

Great motor home, 4 years of pleasure, nothing major only a couple minor things, would buy again.
- Kelly, Georgia

2019-01-18 2017 Fleetwood Discovery 38K View Listings

Great floor plan, fun to live in, comfortable for long term. The Discovery is Fleetwood’s most luxurious Class A diesel, setting the benchmark in comfort with its list of standard upgrades. The 2017 Discovery combines an 84” interior ceiling height with the galley’s polished solid-surface countertops and hardwood cabinet doors and drawers. For an added touch, you’ll feel right at home thanks to a 22 cu. ft. residential refrigerator. The journey has never looked better than with a central vacuum system, Firefly Integrations control panel and stackable washer-dryer in the bedroom. TOP FEATURES • Power Bridge Chassis® on the Freightliner® XCM Series • ISB 6.7L 360 HP with 800 ft-lb Torque • Firefly Integrations Electronic Control System • High Gloss Solid Hardwood Cabinetry Chassis Induction Cooktop • Polished Porcelain Tile Throughout • Residential Refrigerator • Dishwasher • Rand McNally GPS with lifetime maps • Power Water Hose Reel & Power Cord Reel • Awning with LED Light Strip & Wind Sensor React • BOSETM Soundbar
- Mike Cichanowski , Florida

Verified Owner

2018-11-26 2018 Fleetwood Discovery 38N View Listings

Bought new. This unit has been in the shop for repairs more than o have owned it. The firefly system is terrible. The house batteries will not stay charged. I have to start the unit 2 to 3 times a week to charge them up. I call the facility where I purchased it. Thet sat bring it in. They keep it for a month and say it will not do it for them. It's a bunch of crap. I am NOT a happy person right now. But it will be going into shop again when I get back. Fifth time in 8 momths... Very unhappy. BUY A TIFFIN. That's my advise
- Denise Lewis , Florida

2018-11-07 2019 Fleetwood Discovery 44h View Listings

Owned this coach for a little over a month now. This is an exceptional motorhome. The V ride feature keeps the motorhome straight up and down while you take turns. No feeling like the coach is going to flip if you go into a turn to quickly. I have had maybe 4 minor fixes. For a new coach that is good. Compares favorably to coaches twice the price.
- Mike, Oregon

2018-08-01 2005 Fleetwood Discovery 39J View Listings

We have traveled to Key West numerous times and the Discovery has been a great ride, the big trucks do not push it around and going over the 7 mile bridge is a breeze. Mountain climbing is another plus for this unit going up to Galax VA is a long pull it takes it with ease. Living in the discovery is great for two we had plenty of room and didn't get cabin fever. The mileage was 8.5 when I first bought it and when they stopped the high sulfur fuel it dropped to 6.5 that is a constant up hill or down. The exhaust brake does a great job holding this unit back coming off the mountains you do not have to ride the brakes.
- James Gardner, South Carolina

2018-07-05 2005 Fleetwood Discovery 39L View Listings

This is a beautiful RV & worth the asking price, because it is unique with four slides, that makes the inside HUGE! I love the interior decoration and colors. Very elegant feel. The washer/dryer is a wonderful feature, since you always need clean clothes when camping. Exterior is well maintained and a very nice color scheme.
- April F, North Carolina

2018-06-01 2004 Fleetwood Discovery 39L View Listings

Multiple problems One, cabinets were separating from outer wall when contacted Fleetwood they said no good fix. Two, windows fogging up to the point you cannot see rear view outside mirror very unsafe. When contacted Fleetwood the answer was we did not make the windows. Three, bad refrigerator causes fires mine leaked, their answer we do not make the refrigerators. Absolutely no help from Fleetwood at anytime. It is a 2004 but only has 32k miles
- Dennis, Illinois

2018-05-01 2014 Fleetwood Discovery 40X View Listings

This is what I’d call a value motorhome. There are many that are way more expensive but why spend more when this has everything you need and want. Drives great and floats down the road in pure comfort.
- Bill , Illinois

2018-02-04 2015 Fleetwood Discovery 37R View Listings

I've had to RVS at Forty Foot this was my first one at 38 foot and maneuverability on this 38-foot was far better. I would never have thought it would make a difference but it did specially in state parks with lots of trees. Towed my pickup truck behind it to California, and had no trouble at all in the Rocky Mountains. The 380 horsepower diesel is so much better than the 360 you wouldn't think that would make a difference but it definitely does the discovery 37r has all the amenities you could ask for. This was our first one with a washer and dryer and my wife love that since we spent 3 weeks in Florida personally I enjoyed the outside television and radio. Of course the king bed was very nice also
- Ken , Georgia

2018-02-01 2015 Fleetwood Discovery 37R View Listings

My wife and I have been very happy with our 37R. The longest we stayed in it was 28 days and it proved to be very roomy/comfortable. The memory foam King mattress is great sleeping and right next to the bed was a receptacle to plug in my cpap machine. At 6 ft, 272 lbs there was no problem with taking a shower or using the toilet. and when you are my size you have to worry about that. Although I did change out the round toilet to an oval one for my comfort. We traveled to California in 2016 while towing my 4x4 F150 pickup and the Rockies gave us no problem. I was told that I would like the 380 hp in lieu of the 360, and believe me when I tell you I was very happy with the power and the torque. We literally have no complaints with our motor home. I was told that the Discovery 37R is the most popular motor home design and you only have to do a search for a used one to find out how true that really is.
- Ken, Georgia