Fleetwood Class A - Gas RVs Reviews (271)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Fleetwood Class A - Gas RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Jo from British Columbia says:

Have you owned any Fleetwood Class A - Gas RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2015 Fleetwood Flair 26D View Listings

We bought a 2015 Fleetwood Flair in May . We have owned other Rv's and for the money we paid for it compared to our the other Rv's we had the quality is poor. This includes at Fleetwood Southwind. For example the mattress has springs in compared to our units which good quality foam mattresses. The pull down blinds are of poor quality. There is very little counter space in the galley. The stove has no cover on other units we had and I used for it a work space. The recliner chair is useless, for the space is limited when the slider is out. The cover for the storage under the eating area is rough plywood and one time I almost ripped the vinyl covers. Getting In and out of the bed is difficult for me because I am short and the bed is sitting high. Space between the bed and wall is smaller on one side than the other. No matter what RV we have had I find making the bed is difficult at the top of the bed. Remember to check that the daylight running lights are connected. In Canada it is the law for these lights to be fully operational. When we first got the unit the lights were not connected. Also check for the year and the month the tires were made when buying the unit in Canada. The tire can not be older than five year age of the purchase date. This is Transport Canada regulations. We have found the grey water tank is only 15 gallons so when we were dry camping we had to watch the level water closely. I bought a plastic pan to put in the sink so I could dispose of dish water outside. What do I like about the unit. The view driving down the road from the passenger side window is great. On our most recent trip I saw things I had never seen before even though we had traveled the route many times. It is the right side unit for two people. The is lots of shortage space. We use the front passenger side outside shortage space for shoes. This storage space is right beside the door. The rear outside storage is great and easy to get at. My husband said he is amazed how easy it is turn the unit in tight spaces. We can drive for approximately 1000 kilometres on a tank of fuel.( gas) . For us that means filling up once every two days. We live in Canada. The price of varies the cost of filling varies. On our recent trip we paid from 220 to 300 dollars filling up. On our most recent trip the first day of our trip we had to wait for several hours in a ferry line up and have the big captain style driver and passenger seats made the waiting comfortable. People have said how they like the colours and lines scheme of the unit. We both like how the bath door opens out towards the living space creating a great private area. It allowed us at times not to have to close the blind on the front window. I hope my comments have helped those thinking purchasing a Fleetwood Flair.
- Jo, British Columbia

2019-11-02 2004 Fleetwood Bounder 36S View Listings

August 2018 Colton truck Colton California did an $1800 chassis inspection. With all fluids Changed at that time August 2019 all fluids and filters were changed Coach has 39,000 miles on a Vortech 8.1 engine with an Allison five speed transmission. All interior lights have been upgraded to LED fixtures, it is plumbed for washer and dryer with a 5.5 Onan generator Dual air conditioning everything is in perfect working order tires have less than 8000 miles with new batteries house and engine also just installed 50 inch LED front TV
- Cary Bradford , Nevada

2019-10-28 2017 Fleetwood Bounder 36H View Listings

We’ve had our 36H Bounder for 2 years. Hardly any issues. Couple small things with fit and finish. We did have issue with awning. Carefree stood behind it. We still to this this day can not find a better floor plan. Would not recommend buying from Camping World. They are the main problems I’ve ever had with three motor homes I’ve had. I like our Bounder A lot!
- Paul Reed, North Carolina

2019-10-15 2018 Fleetwood Storm 32A View Listings

We purchased this 2018 Fleetwood Storm 32A slightly used and are loving it. The quality of the build is great. The only thing we've had problems out of is the Atwood OD50 Tankless Water Heater, I so wish it had anything else! Scalding hot, then ice cold, but seldom right where you need it. It's a great idea, but a very poor application. Other than that, the Storm is perfect for us. We'll be full time an another year or two and this will be our home. We use it almost every weekend and for extended trips when we can. So many little extra features like the powered vent fans, nice powered awning, auto-start generator and built in inverter. We like the Vaccu-flush toilet, we can go a week or more and not fill up the black tank. I wish the gray tank was a little bigger but I think the problem is the the water heater irregularity... The Pantry is such a wonderful use of space and the fireplace is awesome, putting enough heat to warm us in the cooler mornings and evenings. Love the automatica Satellite on the roof and the leveling system is top notch. This is what we needed, exactly. I cant think of anything extra we need to add to it, it came with everything! Solar... Yes, we will want Solar in the next year or so. Enjoy!
- Jeff B, Tennessee

2019-10-11 2019 Fleetwood Flair 29M View Listings

Bought this RV in Jan 2019 from RV World League City TX. Terrible followup and customer service . Could not even get a call back on issues. Had to go to another dealer for help. My RV has been in the shop seven times since purchased. From the first time out we had problems, the roof had a leak. No power to electrical in rear of vehicle. No AC even though generator worked fine. The entrance door was not aligned. Refrigerator door need replacement. Had to order both entrance and frig door waiting time two months. Next time out, interior lining on outside storage compartments came loose. AC not working had to replace. Vehicle pulling to the right was told this was my problem and not a warranty issue. Pluming for sink broke loose, shower need resealing. Auto leveling system panel had to be replaced and one jack replaced. Although factory parts arrived waiting time of upto 2 months seems quite long. Really kinda scared to take the thing out, don't know if something else will break. Most likely will be putting it up sale very soon. Would not recommend this buy.
- TIM BRISCOE, Texas

2019-10-07 2019 Fleetwood Flair 32S View Listings

This unit is starting to spend more time back at the dealer than on the road. Every time we go out we end up having to go back into the shop. Each time it has something to do with the drivers side slide. First it wouldn't close all the way, then leaking around the seals, they have to replace all the rollers and now we're out camping and getting ready to move and the slide won't close at all. Of course it's a weekend and we can't get anything done. Called a dealer that was open and was told we needed to call back tomorrow after 9:00 am when their shop opens. Didn't bother about taking my information to have them call me when they come in. Tried calling the Fleetwood assistance number and got a recording to call Monday - Friday. Piss poor customer service.
- Steve, Florida

2019-10-02 2017 Fleetwood Flair 30P View Listings

This rig is a 29 ft and what a beautiful maneuvering motorhome. Very nice layout with 2 swivel captain 2 tone chairs. Back up camera. Sofa that lays to a bed. Eating table that also folds to a bed. Above drivers seats a queen size bed electrically come down. Beautiful laid out kitchen with 3 burner stove, oven and microwave. Rear bedroom had queen size bed plenty of storage. 3 tv’s. 2 stereo systems. So much to list.
- Penny Lagattolla, Florida

2019-09-27 2004 Fleetwood Bounder 32W View Listings

Couldn't be happier. Great horsepower even with a tow vehicle. Very easy to drive, even my wife drove the RV. Great layout and very comfortable traveling with 4 adults. Large shower separate from bathroom and loved that I could open door of bathroom to close off hall and have privacy in shower and bedroom. Plenty of storage inside and out. Lots of nice features; backup camera, auto levelers, dual slides, laptop computer pullout tray & plugs at dash in front of front passenger passenger seat. Small pop-up table next to recliner. Bedroom has small desk you can use as makeup table or desk. Had computer printer stored on 1 side of desk. Good size closet in bedroom. Refrigerator is small but learned how to pack to meet our needs for 3 to 4 days. Freezer small so we carried a small ice making machine to make ice to have more freezer space. Highly recommend.
- Donald. Nelson, California

2019-09-25 2016 Fleetwood Bounder 35K View Listings

Love the floor plan. Disliked everything else. Motorhome difficult to drive because of the swaying. Had better sway bars installed. No change. Something needing repair or replace all the time. Sewer trouble, hot water trouble, vacuum flush didn’t work, master bath shower door constantly off the track. Cabinet doors opened while traveling. Happiest day: when we sold it.
- Carol, Florida

2019-08-29 2007 Fleetwood Southwind 32V View Listings

My husband and I bought this motorhome so we could travel around Oregon and host at State Parks. Our plans changed and we moved across the US to South Carolina instead. Our trip from Bend, Oregon to California to visit friends and family took us from driving through a snowy day to hot desert during a one week period of time. The motor home was great---heat when needed during the very cold weather and cool during our hot desert time. We not only stayed very comfortable but so did our two cats who traveled with us. From California we proceeded eastward during the next two weeks with no problems to Walterboro,SC where we stayed in a RV Park until we closed on our house. If it were not for health issues which negate being able to continue using this motorhome, we would not be selling it. We so enjoyed our time traveling and are disappointed that we are unable to continue to do so. We towed a Jeep during this trip and all the towing equipment will be part of the RV package for whoever decides to buy this great looking and driving motorhome. When we bought the motorhome, most of the windows were fogged up due to failed seals between the glass panes. This was all changed as we had all the windows replaced. We also added a satellite dish which stays with the RV.
- Jessica Livingston, South Carolina

2019-08-18 2017 Fleetwood Flair 31E View Listings

I purchased this 31E new in 2017, I've only had one warranty issue and that was a bad ground on the chassis causing the lights not to work. Our local Ford dealership has serviced this RV every year and keeps in it great shape. The RV has ample shape and is geared towards small families with 7 seat belts, 7 beds and 7 places for people to eat or more if you use the front table. The captain chairs turn around as well for more guests. It is the perfect size to drive and get in and out of small county/state parks but livable enough you don't notice its only 31 feet long. The best thing about this coach is the huge amounts of outside storage. Its easy to get set up at a campsite with the auto levelers and (2) slides. You'll love the Fleetwood Flair 31E.
- Mark Petersen, Iowa

2019-08-17 2004 Fleetwood Southwind 32VS View Listings

I have enjoyed it for years without issue. Im technically the second owner ..original owner passed away and i purchased from the couple that inherited it..they had no place to store it & were not camper folks. 15 years old& like new all works even roof A.C. . Dometic3way fridge Carrier a.c.,3burnerStove,nice sink&hot Water tank,furnace will easily keep me warm on winter trips i was planning on pulling out the mr.buddy but wasnt needed. my cabinets except a scuff on one still look new. I knew about condesation since the 70,s from tent and popup camping and its a small hassle to deal with for the unbeatable airflow i get. about 75% of popup material is widows front,sides,that unzip,upper back door is screen when panel is off... the side glass widows on lower part have screens and small window underneath cabover bed opens with screen . If in shade with all that ventilation 85 degrees isnt a problem. I prefer primitive camping in nature away from the masses in a RV park. I dont understand why anyone would store their RV without making sure it was dry and weather proofed. Last few years have went looking at 4 season hard sided truck campers...when inside its like torture!! they just DO NOT put big enoungh windows or enough to get decent airflow..not gonna run fantastic fans and a.c. ..i want to hear nature.I have full size door and love it.
- Matooley Obrien, Ohio

2019-08-10 2015 Fleetwood Storm 28MS View Listings

We recently returned from an 87 day, 13 states, 7,200 mile trip including a drive over the highest paved road in the country. The Fleetwood Storm performed remarkably well and we absolutely had no mechanical problems. We dinghy towed the whole way. The outside amenities that include a 50 inch TV, Weber grill and a built-in cooler are the highlights of this unit. We also were able to sleep our three grandkids comfortably while they were with us. It has been a remarkable RV...but health concerns have made it necessary for someone else to enjoy this great unit. Superb for athletic events and hunting trips.The new owner is in for quite a surprise.
- Andrew Vickery, Alabama

2019-08-09 2005 Fleetwood Southwind 37C View Listings

We love this rv. When the 3 slides are open, it offers a huge living area. The refrigerator is larger than the rv norm and the bathroom is very roomy. I love all the storage inside and out. The bedroom is a good size too. When the slide is open, you can easily walk around the bed. I wish we had more time to enjoy this motorhome. It comfortably sleeps 6, but can accommodate more, if needed.
- Nina, Nevada

2019-08-07 2007 Fleetwood Southwind 32V View Listings

I drove this rig, towing a Jeep Wrangler, from Bend, Oregon down to Barstow, California visiting family and friends and then Eastward to South Carolina to our new home. It was easy, even for a 78 year old lady. I did the set-ups and take-downs each day of travel and the total time for the trip was three weeks. This is a wonderful RV for anyone who wants to travel and would make a great home for any full-timer. Due to the year of manufacture, there is no longer any factory warranty but any good RV Service company can take care of your needs.
- Jessica Livingston, South Carolina

2019-08-05 2019 Fleetwood Flair 29M View Listings

We bought the unit new. We have an issue every time we use it. The dealership can't get the electrical fixed. The overhead bunk got stuck in the down position. The lights don't work and has been worked on 5 different times. We love the length and layout but are frustrated by electrical and quality issues.
- Carol, Virginia

2019-08-01 2000 Fleetwood Southwind Storm 34D View Listings

Fleetwood Southwind Storms of this size and quality are few and far between. Why pay $90k for an RV when you'll be spending most of your time in nature or outdoors?! So get something that is big enough for you and your peeps. Ya' all don't want to have to pile on top of one another! How uncivilized! Instead, a 35' long RV home is what's needed ta 'keep it real'. Give yourselves some space please!!! It's a necessity in the world of outdoor RV living...the bigger the better. But why buy new? But used! The beauty of this big ol RV is that it gives you ROOM to live sanely while you're all together in your sweet micro-RV home, as you all adventure into that vast forest or escape to da beach. The whole fam-damily and dat group of crazy friends, needs every foot of them thar 35' feet of sanity. Keep it real---calm....go for a 35 footer majestic Feetwood Southwind Storm. It'll keep you safe and warm from unpredictable Mother Nature too.
- Chi Chi, Minnesota

2019-07-26 2004 Fleetwood Bounder 35E View Listings

bought my 2004 Fleetwood Bounder 35E 1n 2006 and it has been a great RV.It has the workhorse chassis with the 8.1 and allison transmission and has plenty of power.With the big shower 2 and a half bathrooms,washer dryer, 4 door frig with ice maker,plus holds 110 gallons of water,Dish satellite TVs it a home away from home with plenty of storage and with very few little issues.
- Jim Alldridge, Washington

2019-07-26 2007 Fleetwood Southwind 35A View Listings

We drove this RV across the USA from OR to CA and then to SC. We traveled slowly taking 3 weeks to visit family and friends on the way to our new home. We, also, had two cats with us. The trip was great and our Jeep Wrangler towed easily and was easy to take on and off the tow bar. We carried supplies that the moving company would not take, so we had some extra weight, yet, by adhering to big truck speed limits we were able to get between 8-10 MPG. The solar panel works well helping keep batteries up when not in use, and both the furnace and two A/C units kept us very comfortable in all climate conditions (snow to desert heat and "lowcountry" heat and humidity). We had all the windows redone before the trip and the RV was well maintained by the first/previous owner and we have continued this during our ownership. The only reason we are putting this wonderful RV on the market is due to declining health issues.
- David and Jessica Livingston, South Carolina

2019-07-23 2019 Fleetwood Bounder 35K View Listings

I will start with the positive first. The RV looks beautiful. There is a lot of under compartment storage which is a plus for our line of business (we are flea market pickers). We also use the drop down bed to store things and keep the living spaces tidy. Love those things. Functionality and Quality are an F. I would not recommend buying one of these. For the money I spent I expected much more. The design and layout are not very functional. For example, overhead controls are above the steps. I have to use a step stool and flashlight to make any changes. The manual provided by Fleetwood is poor and in some cases incorrect. The biggest issue is the steps. We have a major safety concern and have had the rig in twice for service for this issue. We are currently on an extended trip now and the steps came out twice while driving down the interstate at 63 mph. Major safety concern--right? So our solution now is to bungee cord the screen door to the handle bar adjacent to the steps. Something appears wrong with the slide-out for living room. Floor is getting deep scratches now from slide out being opened. We have had issues with the auto leveler working correctly on some pretty level surfaces. The generator takes multiple attempts to start, the tank level indicators are inaccurate, and the oven is extremely hard to light (we have not been able to use it yet). The convection oven (brand High Pointe) takes longer to cook than a normal oven and usually convection is less time. I will summarize by saying that the aesthetics are beautiful. The workmanship and design are extremely poor. There are many of the interior finishes that were done in a poor, sloppy and "I don't care" approach. It is a shame. We are using this RV to travel across the country and not just go on a few weekend camping trips. This fell well short of my expectations given the price point. I would not recommend purchasing a Fleetwood.
- Tracy Welker, Missouri

2019-07-21 2014 Fleetwood Storm 32V View Listings

Love the floor plan, the bathroom and shower could be a little bigger. The dash shakes like hell on anything less than a smooth road. Not sure what to do about it. Factory quality of control needs improving as I have noticed places where they failed to staple walls down completely and in one place they only put 7 screws where two dash parts meet and they were 14 screw holes, yes they only went every other one.
- Phil Uhles, California

2019-07-17 2010 Fleetwood Encounter 28MS View Listings

We have just ….finally traded in our Fleetwood after 9 years of some of the worst quality issues you could ever imagine. DO NOT BUY A FLEETWOOD product or you will regret it and RVing forever. Every single latch, door knob, window covering, stair system, both holding tanks and list goes on and on. We were very lucky to get out of our Fleetwood with a $20k loss after nine years and about $2000 in repairs each year. Normally, we do not write anything like this...but something else.... these people do not know the word quality craftmanship.....Try Forest River or Tiffin...…..or good luck.
- Tom Rudolph, California

2019-06-26 2014 Fleetwood Storm 28F View Listings

We had the same problem as John from Florida. We bought the mototohome when it was 2 years old. The dash was not stable and just started bouncing more and more.The "box" of the motorhome shook loose from the chassis. $2,100 later, Fleetwood said it wasn't a design issue. We realized after it was fixed that the problem existed when we purchased the RV. In addition, the upholstery on the captain's chairs deteriorated. Will not be purchasing any more Fleetwood products. I would love to find more people with this same problem and go to Fleetwood as a group.
- Pam, California

2019-06-15 2003 Fleetwood Flair 33R View Listings

We have been able to travel in extreme comfort. And host large parties from the well designed kitchen.the storage bays have maximum room for games and camping equipment and tools and extra supplies. We have been very comfortable in both extremes of weather.
- Lori Taylor, Nebraska

2019-06-14 1993 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 35V View Listings

This RV has been wonderful for my mom and stepdad! They've traveled all over and enjoyed the ease and comfort of their RV. It has everything you need or want in a house on wheels. It's been garaged, maintained, and taken care of since the day they bought it. I don't think they've even stepped on the carpet! They cover it with rugs to keep it pristine! Due to age and health they are reluctantly letting it go. If you are remotely interested in this RV, call and arrange a time to go see it. It would be worth your time and effort.
- Dana, Ohio