Fleetwood Class A - Gas Reviews on RV Insider (293)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Fleetwood Class A - Gas RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Jo from British Columbia says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2015 Fleetwood Flair 26D View Listings

We bought a 2015 Fleetwood Flair in May . We have owned other Rv's and for the money we paid for it compared to our the other Rv's we had the quality is poor. This includes at Fleetwood Southwind. For example the mattress has springs in compared to our units which good quality foam mattresses. The pull down blinds are of poor quality. There is very little counter space in the galley. The stove has no cover on other units we had and I used for it a work space. The recliner chair is useless, for the space is limited when the slider is out. The cover for the storage under the eating area is rough plywood and one time I almost ripped the vinyl covers. Getting In and out of the bed is difficult for me because I am short and the bed is sitting high. Space between the bed and wall is smaller on one side than the other. No matter what RV we have had I find making the bed is difficult at the top of the bed. Remember to check that the daylight running lights are connected. In Canada it is the law for these lights to be fully operational. When we first got the unit the lights were not connected. Also check for the year and the month the tires were made when buying the unit in Canada. The tire can not be older than five year age of the purchase date. This is Transport Canada regulations. We have found the grey water tank is only 15 gallons so when we were dry camping we had to watch the level water closely. I bought a plastic pan to put in the sink so I could dispose of dish water outside. What do I like about the unit. The view driving down the road from the passenger side window is great. On our most recent trip I saw things I had never seen before even though we had traveled the route many times. It is the right side unit for two people. The is lots of shortage space. We use the front passenger side outside shortage space for shoes. This storage space is right beside the door. The rear outside storage is great and easy to get at. My husband said he is amazed how easy it is turn the unit in tight spaces. We can drive for approximately 1000 kilometres on a tank of fuel.( gas) . For us that means filling up once every two days. We live in Canada. The price of varies the cost of filling varies. On our recent trip we paid from 220 to 300 dollars filling up. On our most recent trip the first day of our trip we had to wait for several hours in a ferry line up and have the big captain style driver and passenger seats made the waiting comfortable. People have said how they like the colours and lines scheme of the unit. We both like how the bath door opens out towards the living space creating a great private area. It allowed us at times not to have to close the blind on the front window. I hope my comments have helped those thinking purchasing a Fleetwood Flair.
- Jo, British Columbia

2020-05-22 2015 Fleetwood Bounder 35K View Listings

Very nice motorhome with plenty of options incluing towing equipment and extended warranty until Feburary 28, 2021. Outside entertainment center with TV and CD/DVD player. Half bath in living area easy to get to while driving.
- Curt Sullivan, Arizona

2020-05-16 2017 Fleetwood Flair 29T View Listings

2017 Fleetwood Flair 29T, 11,000 miles excellent condition. Everything will be included. This unit is great for getting in and out of spaces with ease. Only 2 trips were made. 3 TV’s, queen size bed, sleeps 6. So much to list.
- James Lagattolla , Florida

2020-05-01 2017 Fleetwood Bounder 35K View Listings

Our Bounder35k is an excellent quality rig. We have had many great experiences with it, but do to health reasons we have to sell it. The king bed is as comfortable as our bed in our home, the extra bathroom has been handy when we had family and friends staying with us in the Motorhome.
- Nick, Florida

2020-04-24 2014 Fleetwood Terra SE 31C View Listings

This is a fantastic RV, in the 30 ft size. The layout is fantastic. We love the bunks to house our kids and have a place where their toys, sleeping bags and their bags, etc. can stay and don't have to be packed up everytime we ramble. It's very spacious, with the slides out, it's like a small apartment. Hot water is piping hot, quickly, and the outdoor shower is perfect for kids, dogs, beaches, or campsite where you want to rinse off before coming into the rig. The thermostat works awesome and fires up at night as needed (when it gets cold). It's a modern rig, with very nice, quality touches. It holds up very well to a family of 5 traveling over extended periods of time. It's fabulous hooked up or stand-alone (dry camping). The Ford engine is very powerful and powers up hills with no problems. Cruises well at higher speeds. We use cruise control as well. I highly recommend the vehicle, we love it!
- Tanya Wills, California

2020-04-17 1998 Fleetwood Flair 30H View Listings

I have had towables before but now I want to have a motorhome which will be my home for myself and my 4 little ones. I will need a car trailer as the ford mustang I own is rear wheel drive. Where did I get my towing experence? My husband and I were concessionaires we traveled all over. I loved that life but he passed and I went home to take care of family. Now all I have to worry about is me and my 4 little ones, the 4 legged ones.
- Virginia White, Arizona

2020-04-12 2018 Fleetwood Bounder 36H View Listings

We all love this motorhome. This is our 2nd Bounder. Previous 1996 Bounder 36U went to 49 states including Alaskan highway. Only problem was a refrigerator circuit card. First with the 2018 Bounder negatives - it is underpowered with the V10, 22,000 chassis is too small, and the F53 has horrible handling. Having said that I am still happy about the purchase. The handling problems are solved by CHF, SafeTPlus, and the Rear Stabilizer system. Just be prepared to spend an extra $1500 and you will very happy. For the underpowered engine, decide what you want to tow before you buy. A Honda Fit with manual transmission weighs 2500lbs and is appropriate for this rig. For the positives, there are many! Sleeps 10 people,TVs everywhere and then some, fireplace, nice windows, huge refrigerator, king bed, drop down bed over driver. This rig is a huge improvement over our 1996 Bounder which was already very good! Good job Fleetwood.
- Bruce Orr, Texas

2020-03-19 2004 Fleetwood Flair 33R View Listings

I fell totally in love with the RV the first time I saw it and knew it was the RV for us. Once my Hubby saw it, he agreed wholeheartedly. She starts first time, every time. It is really awesome condition for it's age. We lived it it for 2 months straight and really enjoyed our time thoroughly. We absolutely love this RV, but because of medical issues (two bad arms and shoulders), I can not longer drive it. My hubby is not much of a driver, so he can not, either. There are no mechanical issues, only a couple of minor cosmetic ones, mentioned in the description, other than that she is wonderful!!
- Steven & Patricia Kintner, North Carolina

2020-03-09 2020 Fleetwood Bounder 33C View Listings

Traded our 2016 Fleetwood Bounder 33C because we loved the layout and had many great trips for a new 2020 Fleetwood Bounder 33C. Unfortunately, shortly after we brought it home, got some medical news that will prevent us from continuing our use. Has been in inside storage ever since December 1, 2019. Warranty effective 11/5/19. Believe my price is at or below dealer cost.
- Joe Crandall, Pennsylvania

2020-02-18 2015 Fleetwood Storm 30L View Listings

This being a little shorter the 30 foot motorhome drives nice usually can get it in my parking spot in one try I have a car dolly with it put a Toyota matrix on you don’t even know it’s there I watch the car in the camera. nice living area plenty of good storage inside and out .we’ve done all of our cooking outside never even use the stove We don’t really want to sell it but we just bought a house on a lake
- Keith boisvert, Massachusetts

2020-02-05 2016 Fleetwood Bounder 35K View Listings

We bought ours new and have owned other RV, so we fully expected some issues. This is natural, you have a moving house on wheels, you are going to have some. However one issue we did have was with the Living room Awning. When retracting the room one time, the I heard a loud "Crack" and a bag, I went outside to look and the awning did nit roll up properly and Broke the mount. When it was replaced it was replaced with a better one completely and I noticed a brace in the middle that wasn't on the original. The Rig otherwise had the PERFECT floorplan for us and everything else works fine. People need to expect a few problems hear and there. Th furniture looked nice, but only after a year it all started to peel. It was like a pleather. I did get replacement material from the manufacturer of the furniture, but I will have to have them reupholstered, because it was after the warranty period. One thing that was very difficult, was trying to get one place to have the services done on it. I had to find a Ford Heavy Truck dealer to do the Drivetrain stuff, and An RV Dealer to do the rest of the services. Gander RV in Dothan ENterprise, won't do Ford services. Also, The sway was really bad as far as rocking on uneven roads. The driver doesn't feel it so much but the passengers do!
- Dennis Vaughn, Alabama

2020-01-13 2004 Fleetwood Southwind 32VS View Listings

Love our motor home. Belonged to a camping club, we used our RV every month. Long vacations to several states and to Mexico every April. Easy to park and set up. Reason for selling, wife passed away.
- Jim McMurray, California

2020-01-10 2003 Fleetwood Southwind 36E View Listings

I bought this RV from the original owner which made me the second owner. To me, this is the best floor plan Fleetwood has ever made on a RV with just 2 slides. The bedroom slide, is the whole bedroom, not just the bed like so many of them are. You don't feel like you are crawling up in a hole when you are going to bed. It has what I think is the largest shower in a gas RV under 38 feet long. The V10 engine has plenty of power. The 4 door refrigerator/freezer has more than enough room. This Southwind was the top of the line in the gas RVs from Fleetwood in 2003. The interior colors are very pleasing unlike some of the gaudy color interiors that they came out with.
- Mark Harrison, Georgia

2020-01-09 2013 Fleetwood Southwind 32V View Listings

This is my first RV. Never had even been in one before. Have had to consult others on some pretty basic questions, as the manuals don't seem to be written for a complete newbie. Things are getting better, as the blanks are being filled in.
- Franklin R Brown, Florida

2020-01-07 2007 Fleetwood Bounder 35E View Listings

This is a remarkable Coach. It's fully loaded with everything! We love taking trips in it. Last trip was to Tennessee. Feels great having a wonderfully comfortable Coach to stay in. I mean sure everyone says you can stay in their house with them. We say "no thank you", we're very comfortable in our home away from home. It's like taking our home with us. The private bedroom and full bathroom are big. The shower is huge. Better yet, no one has to go into Master Bathroom from the rest of the Coach. There is a commode and sink closed off next to main living area. The dinette comfortably seats 4. the dinette pulls out and can sleep 2. The couch pulls out into a bed that also sleeps 2. All in all we love travelling in it!
- J. W. Matheson, California

2020-01-02 2019 Fleetwood Flair 28A View Listings

So I bought my Fleetwood brand new 2019 it had 1000 miles on it I was only owner. So I don’t know if this has anything to do with the Fleetwood RV manufacturer but the Ford 450 that it sitting on has gave me issues straight out from leaving the dealer first of all the windshield wiper motor completely went out so I had to come back turn it in to two weeks to fix went back to get it which is 200 miles away and then drove off the lot it rained again And then they blew again. A few months went by another rain storm and then it blew again now the dealer is giving me a hard time and I’ll get it fixed and this could be a dangerous situation if anybody out there has had that same issue please let me know. Thank you
- Terry Killebrew, Florida

2019-12-05 2014 Fleetwood Bounder 35K View Listings

We purchased this unit used at lazydays fl due to the 2nd bathroom and the comments we heard about it's robust build. We've taken it camping to different states and loved our times. skip ahead 3 years and we've replaced the vacu flush 2 times and its broken again, the plastic cable which was attached to the slide-out is still broken (it broke during check-in at lazydays which we finally found out 3 months later), the bounder's fridge door always flies open as does the panty door when I make a left turn, it is top heavy and you will feel it when driving. Speaking of driving, you will feel turbulence when being passed by a big semi truck. And today we sit without 12v power and the mobile rv repair tech can't make it to us till next week to fix it. Being without 12v on the bounder means, the fridge is out, the power management system is out in the bedroom which means the heater is out, the a/c and heater unit on the ceiling is out, all lights of course so it is a major pain. The TV's are in a position that makes it hard to reach behind if you want to replace it with a smart tv, we tried to put one of our dvd players in the bedroom but the wiring negates it so we left it out, this is our third RV and has really changed our mind about RV'ing, and we are now looking at going back from full-timing in our RV to living in the home. also speaking of the vacu flush, it is located in the rear accessible by going through the last basement door on the passenger side. The spacing requires a very skinny person so be aware of that. We would definitely not recommend a fleetwood RV to our friends or anyone, as the support team when you talk to them on the phone seemed as inexperienced with no signs of concern about our issues that it no longer was deemed necessary to even call them when a problem arose with our bounder.
- william, Florida

2019-12-02 2019 Fleetwood Flair 35R View Listings

Our first trip stranded in TEXAS water running out of both sides had to have Plummer fix every fitting in RV. Next stop full wall wall slide failed, took month to get fixed in as. Finally on way home last night other slide failed would not come in took three days finally they freed motor pushed slide in and nailed 2x4s to keep in. We finally got home took RV to Fleetwood in Decatur Ind had 42 more items to be repaired. Most were done ok except we came to find we went home with bad slide motor that took another day at general rv. So far they have paid for all until generator fuel pump went out out costing us $380.54.
- Dennis J. Kearns, Michigan

2019-11-27 1994 Fleetwood Bounder 28T View Listings

I have really enjoyed this RV which is my 16th. When I bought it I was recently widowed and just wanted to take my cats and start over. I found this floor plan very livable for one and would also be comfortable for two. When I bought it, it had already had the carpet replaced with vinyl flooring and I proceeded to make it boondock capable by adding the best solar system I could afford along with a 12v swamp cooler and 12v/ac tv. I have stayed off-grid for 2 weeks with no problems and plenty of power to be comfortable. I added the steer safe system to the front end for an easier drive. It has air suspension and handles very well. My only reason for selling is I want to go smaller, I am ready for another van.
- Patti Panuccio, New Mexico

2019-11-24 2016 Fleetwood Southwind 36L View Listings

We loved living and traveling in this RV. It is very roomy with the 2 slides and the living space is great! The L shaped couch is great when you have company and we loved the built in fireplace to help heat the RV. Lots of space underneath for storage and a washer/dryer that is great when on the road. I would recommend this spacious RV to anyone who wants to live in it or just travel.
- Dave Bingenheimer, Florida

2019-11-18 2014 Fleetwood Bounder 35K View Listings

Great Motorhome! Very comfortable and livable. No problems. It's eye catching, reliable, priced competitively. Many features that the expensive units have without the inflated price. Ford Triton V-10 has plenty of power and towing too. We towed a Jeep Rubicon and V-10 performed great. You can't go wrong with the Bounder 35 K.
- Thomas Buchko, Nevada

2019-11-17 1989 Fleetwood Bounder 34S View Listings

We bought this for my homeless brother in law..only thing is that it doesn’t have a shower. Why not?? We love the space and it runs great! My brother in law loves it! Great space for him and his dogs. I’m just happy they have shelter!
- Dora Herrera, Texas

2019-11-15 2005 Fleetwood Terra 32S View Listings

It is very well laid out lots of room for a 32 foot. Plenty of Power with a 340 horse and fairly good mileage for the size of rig. Dual air conditioners plenty of cooling. Handles great with little sway and plenty of power. Love the bathroom and kitchen plenty of storage in the large pantry. Overall a magnificant coach 4 its size.
- James Stewart, Florida

2019-11-02 2004 Fleetwood Bounder 36S View Listings

August 2018 Colton truck Colton California did an $1800 chassis inspection. With all fluids Changed at that time August 2019 all fluids and filters were changed Coach has 39,000 miles on a Vortech 8.1 engine with an Allison five speed transmission. All interior lights have been upgraded to LED fixtures, it is plumbed for washer and dryer with a 5.5 Onan generator Dual air conditioning everything is in perfect working order tires have less than 8000 miles with new batteries house and engine also just installed 50 inch LED front TV
- Cary Bradford , Nevada

2019-10-28 2017 Fleetwood Bounder 36H View Listings

We’ve had our 36H Bounder for 2 years. Hardly any issues. Couple small things with fit and finish. We did have issue with awning. Carefree stood behind it. We still to this this day can not find a better floor plan. Would not recommend buying from Camping World. They are the main problems I’ve ever had with three motor homes I’ve had. I like our Bounder A lot!
- Paul Reed, North Carolina