Fleetwood Class A - Diesel

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Fleetwood Class A - Diesel RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Shane from Utah says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2015 Fleetwood Discovery 37R View Listings

HORRIBLE! DONT BUY ONE. I bought a brand new 37r from my local dealer. From day one I have had nothing but problems with it. Sure it had some little quirks with it like every Motorhome will. I know you are rolling down the road shaking the pieces out of these things, but this went way deeper than that. We had a smell coming inside the coach that smelled like engine burning, or exhaust or something from the engine compartment. When we drove it, it would give us bad headaches and make us a little nauseous. I took it in to the dealer and they could not find anything. I took another trip and same things happened. So back to the dealer. ( mind you it has now been in the shop about 15 times) they found about 30 cracks, holes, areas where the wood was not tight or where things did not align up properly so they foamed it all with expanding spray foam. They went overboard. I removed the wood cover over my water heater. All the water lines were now encased in foam. Half of my water heater was covered in foam. That's what the manufacture told the dealer to do. Guess what, it did not solve the problem. Back and forth to the dealer countless times. Finally fleetwood said we will bring it back to the manufacture and work on it. So they did. Put another 3000 miles on the coach and spent three weeks back there. I now have 11,000 miles on the coach and have only taken 5 trips in it. They said they tore out the whole master bedroom and replaced the floor. They drove it back out to me and said it was all fixed.... (Wrong). Still did the very same thing. I was pissed. Let me point out at this point, this is just one items I have been dealing with. There are countless other things going wrong with the coach simultaneously. Just to name a few. First trip out it started raining, the wipers would not work. But when it quit raining they would work again. I finally fiqured out that water from the road was coming up over the wheel well and into the electrical panel compartment behind the wheel well and shorting out the wipers. Many hours later and countless tubes of caulking that one was fixed. I had door frames falling apart from the ceiling so doors would not close, I had no heat out of the front dashboard. I had no heat in the master bedroom or bathroom (found out they smashed the duct work when installed. ) I had outlets pulling out of the walls. I had very low hot water pressure and they could not tell me why. They just said that is normal. (So normal I could not shower because the water would just trickle down the shower faucet, right. ) Again after many trips and many hours they found it had a bad water mixing valve. (Can you say LEMON). Oh no don't say it yet. It gets worse...... On top of about 20 other things going wrong with the inside of the coach. I decide to go to Vegas. I get two hours down the road, the whole time I could smell a very strong smell and it continued getting worse. I finally considered turning around because my wife was now on the couch sick as a dog, massive headache and I myself was nauseous and also had a headache when I had someone signal to me to pull over. When I did I went outside to the engine compartment and I had diesel fuel pouring out on the ground and had been spraying my tow vehicle for the last two hours. Everything was covered. I called the manufacture and they told me to tow it to the nearest dealer and have it fixed. End of vacation again. It spent yet another week in the shop to find out that the fuel injector on cylinder number 1 had broken off. And of coarse it was a recalled part but they don't feel it is important to warn people about it. They will just fix it as they break. Amazing... Anyway. Back to the next and final trip in this Motorhome for me. I went up to see our daughter in Another state, and spent the first night there and on the second night at 1:30 am the carbon monoxide detector goes off. It scares the living crap out of me. I get up and feel sick and a little dizzy. I open up the windows and door to air it out. Finally after about ten minutes the alarm quits chirping. I was so mad at this point I knew I was done. The next day I went in to a dealership where I was at and found a new coach that I really liked. It is a tiffin 40 qbh. Have heard nothing but fabulous things about the quality of tiffin and the support you get. I traded in my old Fleetwood and drove home in the new coach. What a difference to finally be in a unit that is quality built. I would like you to note that all through this process I was in contact with the manufacture and not once did they say, hey I am real sorry, I think you might of got a lemon, let's replace it with another coach. Not once did they offer to help out with expenses incurred from all the mishaps. I spent 200,000 on the coach and have made payments of 2000.00 a month for a year now. That's 24,000 dollars plus the loss of the trade in because fleetwood would drag their feet and not do anything for me I lost another 40,000 in the trade. So I have lost over 64,000 dollars on a coach I have not been able to take out once without some major problems that ruined each trip. I finally called fleetwood and told them that I traded in the old 37r and bought a different brand and they seemed to care less. I know I am just one person to many millions of buyers for them. And I am sure they are happy to have me gone. But with the use of media like it is today. My one review will hopefully affect thousands as they consider what to buy when it comes to a new rv. Fleetwood should be excluded from your list. There is no customer service!!! I fully expected fleetwood to stand up for what they sell, I had a very bad unit, I expected fleetwood to buy it back from me and let me chose another coach. At the time I would have been happy to just swap it out with another new coach. But they chose not to go that route. Instead they would just keep blowing me off until I would go away. Well they got part of it right. I went away but I am not gone. I will forever more tell people at every rally I go to and every person I see and talk to about rv's the experiences that I had with fleetwood. I am not a vindictive person but if that is the way they are going to treat their customers then I want people to know about it. It's never to late to make this right Fleetwood........just saying P.s. I keep thinking of things that were wrong with the unit. There were so many things that I start to forget them over time...I wished I could add pictures to this review. Pictures are worth a thousand words and they would speak volumes for this coach. Some of each of these things contributed to a ruined vacation every single time we went out. And mind you at a cost of many thousands of dollars with time off work, time in shops getting things fixed, non refundable helicopter trips to the bottom of the Grand Canyon that you missed because your Motorhome is sitting on the side of the freeway broken down again....it's not worth it. No hot water could not shower whole trip (several trips. Kept saying it was fixed when it was not) Water mixing valve inop Outlets falling out of place No heat on dashboard Water into electrical panel compartment Electric cord reel broken. Would not stop winding up. Front rock guard peeling off Fuel injector broken off ( engine about to catch fire) Wipers not working Outside compartment doors flying open during travel on freeway (scary) Kinked power steering hose ( from the manufacture) Squeaky brakes since ownership Delaminated windshield Faulty water heater fuel valve Leaky pipes at water heater Smell from engine compartment Cracks, holes, openings for smell to come through Sun bleached led lighting on front of coach Smokey generator Air leak in man door and one window (air whistling while driving) Steering wheel cover latch broken Microwave squeaking so loud. Had fixed at factory. Came back worse No heat into bedroom and bathroom (smashed duct work ) No heat under dash on drivers side Bathroom window seal came apart. Would not seal. Forgot to fix at factory I know there are more things I just can not remember them at this moment. Do yourself a favor and take it from someone who has learned the hard way. Don't do it. Save yourself the pain and agony and your hard earned dollars and do some research. You will come up with a better solution. My question is why do companies act this way.....it used to be because they can.. But not anymore. I have seen social media close companies down. That's not my intent here but I would like to see something done. And if word continues to spread it will reach the majority of the Masses and things will change for the better or they will have to close down. Had that carbon monoxide detector not gone off. I would not be here writing this letter to you. I would be dead and not one thing would change.
- Shane, Utah

2021-09-10 2005 Fleetwood Providence 39L View Listings

We have owned our RV for 3 years and have really enjoyed traveling locally and to other states. We enjoy the space for comfort and storage. Our unit had a minimal outside kitchen already in it which my husband improved by adding a Blackstone grill and griddle. We cook out breakfast and evening meals with it often and watch tv in the evening. I like having a washer/dryer in house. The ride is very comfortable.
- Carol R, Iowa

2021-09-10 2017 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 33D View Listings

I have used this RV and towed a Chevy Equinox over the last year or so. It handles extremely well in high winds and handles the hills pretty well. There are 3 cameras which does help on the turns and changing lanes. I have had no warranty experience, but have called the factory for troubleshooting with good success.
- tom sternberg, Nebraska

2021-08-24 2018 Fleetwood Discovery LXE 40E View Listings

Outstanding Coach. Very functional floor plan. Drives like a dream. Very powerful power plant. Avg 8.6 mpg. Fit and finish is amazing. Flat tows our Jeep Wrangler wit ease. Standard equipment is an upgrade on other RV makes.
- Richard Shettler, Florida

2021-08-02 2014 Fleetwood Expedition 40X View Listings

I am having problems with the coolant overflow tank crumbling causing coolant to leak out. I first noticed this in the middle of a long western US vacation during the heat of the summer. After researching the issue, it is a know problem within the plastic in which the tanks are made. They decompose under UV sunlight. a small portion of my tank is exposed to the sunlight, right where the issue has occurred. I promptly contacted Fleetwood RV and asked for some kind of help, being it is a know issue and there have been thousands of complaints. They offered no support whatsoever. Not even an apology, even though they acknowledge there is a defect with the plastic compound they utilize. I further discovered that they changed the plastic compound to prevent decomposition in UV sunlight. They told me if they replaced mine, they'd have to replace everyone's. Well, that's kinda what they should do seeing is a manufacturer's defect AND how much a Fleetwood Class A motorhome cost. So, now I'm at the mercy of whatever repair facility I choose will charge me. I have estimates of $1, 000 . Although the tank is only $100, the labor to replace the tank is extensive. I am disgusted at Fleetwood. I've owned several Fleetwood products in my life and have have very good luck with them and generally very support from Fleetwood, until now. I WILL NEVER, EVER PURCHASE ANOTHER FLEETWOOD RV PRODUCT AGAIN! NOR WILL I RECOMMEND A FLEETWOOD RV PROECT TOANYONE WHO ASKS.
- Jeffery Finkbeiner, California

2021-07-31 2019 Fleetwood Discovery LXE 40G View Listings

I really wanted to buy this RV and once I got it we didnt use it nearly as much as we thought we would so it sat around a lot. It also seemed like something was always breaking on it and to get it in for service is a nightmare as they are backed up for months. I would not likely ever buy another RV again. I'd for sure rent one in the future though.
- Joe Ogg, Michigan

2021-07-27 2007 Fleetwood Providence 40X View Listings

If you are looking for a coach that is very clean and dependable. I purchased this unit on 2/20. This unit was hardly lived in, no smoking and pets in its history, 350 cat with retarder. Allison transmission, Cummins diesel generator, washer/dyer combo. My bottom line is $ 87,000. So many extras to list. I’m downsizing in Florida, getting a 5th wheel, this is why I’m selling.
- Stuart Whitenack, Florida

2021-07-22 2010 Fleetwood Discovery 40X View Listings

This awesome RV came in Handy when we had to move out of our house due to mold. It was supposed to be for a short while so with a 1 yo baby we figured it would be ok. Will we ended up staying in it for 12 months and boy I was glad I had this RV. As my son grew and moved more, he needed more room and it was spacious enough to make him feel at home with plenty of space to play and run around. Having a full residential fridge was perfect as we could stock it up and go off the grid for several days. We’ve been to amazing spots and never needed to leave except every few days to get more fresh water and empty the waste tanks. It was plenty of room for a family if 3 but it will definitely be plenty of room for a family of 6 or even more.
- Ahmad, Texas

2021-07-08 2002 Fleetwood Discovery 37U View Listings

This review can’t really cover the RV in question. I called and texted and was making arrangements for a purchase of the RV in question. I was waiting on the financial institution’s reply and the saleman (Scott) at Coastal RV in Ravenel, Sc office ( who I was also dealing with) Sold the unit ,while waiting on the reply from financial institution. The financial institution called and told me there wouldn’t be a problem, but the unit was sold while waiting on a reply. There were no credit issues the unit was sold in Ill faith and the salesman was not forth coming of the sale. In regards to this institution and their salesman BEWARE!! Deception is their tactics !!
- Jeff Richmond, West Virginia

2021-07-02 2014 Fleetwood Excursion 35B View Listings

Great layout and powerful engine. Very comfortable to drive. Roomy and quiet generator. We enjoy so much that we even "camp" in our driveway on occasion. Sliders and auto leveling are easy to operate.
- Peter Khoury, Florida

2021-06-28 2000 Fleetwood Discovery 36T View Listings

Nothing in the ad to look at I mean NOTHING !!! when I see an ad I expect to see some photos of the RV they are trying to sell But this is not the first time from this dealer that shows an empty page. I would expect to see at least a few photos but there are NONE
- Brad S Bakalyar, Oregon

2021-06-25 2021 Fleetwood Discovery LXE 44B View Listings

Undoubtedly the WORST mechanical item I've ever purchased in my life. In 6 months of ownership: Incorrectly installed fuel filler pipes, incorrectly installed generator fuel lines, broken dishwasher (2x), failed refrigerator (1 month out of service), 2 recalls, incorrectly sealed roof that resulted in leak into back bunks and mold/mildew, where my children sleep, incorrectly seating living room slide, allowing for water intrusion, water/electric door would not stay shut while driving (torn calf muscle exiting coach to shut in traffic), screen door not sealing properly, washing machine that inadvertently works, bathroom shade broke on first use. When I both called and emailed to schedule a factory service to address all of the issues, I was never contacted back via either medium. I know I'm missing items, but this is off the top of my head. It has been in service approximately 40% of our ownership time, with a retail list of nearly $500K and a purchase price in the mid $300s, this is criminal. In what was supposed to be a once-in-a lifetime experience for my family and I as the pandemic set in, I had a chance to remove myself from the grind of managing multiple companies and spend quality time with my family, especially my special needs daughter, as they weren't in school. It's egregious that the entire industry gets away with the quality issues they do, but based on my experience, I would not buy a toaster put together by REV Group. It's nice to see their statements on driving shareholder value. Maybe consider reinvesting some of that shareholder value in building a product worthy of even half the cost you currently charge, make customer service and client satisfaction a priority and you might still be in business a decade from now. The industry has been gifted a golden opportunity to grow a whole new generation of RV'ers, and this is how they respond. My experience with my '19 Winnebago View was only slightly better than this. If I operated any of my businesses in this manner, or provided a product or service of this quality, I'd be bankrupt in no time. Buy a second/vacation home instead of spending the same money on a rolling lemon like I own. It would be comical if not so painful for my family.
- David Essary, Georgia

2021-06-24 2021 Fleetwood Discovery LXE 44B View Listings

I just bought the LXE44B and am typing this from my first trip. While there are so many great features, I just have to report on four features that I hate. First and foremost (and this one is bewildering): when the slides are fully retracted and you are on the road . . . the air conditioning vents on the ceiling of the main salon are blocked! I kid you not. the slides retract and close up right over them. Not a single air conditioning vent is exposed. Our solution is to keep the bathroom door open while on the road and have at least that vent pumping cold air into the main salon. we cannot figure how this crazy design flaw went unnoticed. Second, the opening portal to fill the fuel tanks are not tilted. They are straight up and down (a sheer vertical face) . . . so you have to hold the pump nozzle the entire time you are filling up. You cannot just lock the nozzle in fueling mode and walk away as it will pop out. Third, there is no counter space on the side of the master bed. Just bed running to the window/wall. In my other motorhomes, there was at least 4 inches of side counter space next to the bed to place a phone, bottle of water, etc. Nothing here. Finally, there is zero level dash board area as it slopes away from the driver almost immediately. No room to place objects or mount things. Never had a motorhome that did not provide at least some convenience here. Anyway, just three irritating little design issues. The air-conditioning being the worse one. The unit drives like a dream. Handles beautifully. We really enjoy the floorplan. the digital screen interface with all the systems is wonderful. I feel this could have been an unmitigated homerun if not for those few design issues I just identified. seriously though, what the heck with the air-conditioning??? How can you design a coach without having cold air pumping into the main salon while on the road? We have to find solutions for something that should just work. Oh well.
- Russell Handy, Texas

2021-06-03 2018 Fleetwood Discovery LXE 38K View Listings

Awesome Motor Home, great for towing a vehicle, diesel engine, low mileage very reliable and fun too! RV in excellent condition and all maintenance is up to date on the unit! Pics coming soon! Must see fully opened up to appreciate it.
- Michael Bernard Powell, Arizona

2021-05-25 2013 Fleetwood Discovery 40E View Listings

Especially like the towing capacity of the Cummins 380 engine and cold dash air. Great floor plan for our family. The fit and finish is above par with todays new coaches and the turning radius by far surpasses other coaches I’ve driven.
- Bill Elrod, Arkansas

2021-05-23 2006 Fleetwood Excursion 39L View Listings

Let Me See Again I need photos and caption????? We viewed multiple RV's but were not ready to make a purchase. Can Ii get a little open photography on this type of make and model maybe??? Thank You So Much!!!
- Lisa Marie Stahla, West Virginia

2021-05-15 2008 Fleetwood Discovery 40X View Listings

My wife and I contacted Premium Coach Group concerning a 2008 Beaver Marquis. These people represented the Coach as having only 71,740 original miles. On our test drive with the principal, I noticed that the SPEEDOMETER wasn’t registering. The principal of Premium Coach Group was driving, and he pointed out that he could read the SPEED on it’s Aladdin. He continued to advertise the Coach as having 71,740 miles ... as though the ODOMETER was still operational ... when he knew that to be untrue. Once we paid him and drove the Coach almost 2,000 miles to our home ... it still registered 71,740 miles!!! Even on the title, he certified to the state that the coach had 71,740 original miles. Additionally ... to defraud the state of Arizona out of sales tax, he paid a driver to drive us in Premium’s company car ... across the border into California and once there, had a notary in a small town certify that delivery was made there!!! In fact ... the Coach never left Premium Coach Group’s facility in Gilbert, Arizona. The driver informed us that Premium paid him 3 or 4 times a month to drive clients into other states, to falsify delivery claims. We were not aware, until we pulled up in the notary’s parking lot (he parked where the car couldn’t be seen) that the notary wouldn’t come out to verify that the RV wasn’t there. Premium also told us that they’d just put all new batteries in the until. That was untrue. Some batteries are DEAD. THE OLD ADDAGE ... “BUYER BEWARE” certainly would be appropriate here. Premium has refused to refund our money and pick up the Coach, which was purchased based upon their ads, documentation, and verbal representations. The principal tells us he doesn’t have the money, doesn’t have a dealer’s “floor plan”, and claims that he can’t borrow the money from a bank. If we had a unit to sell ... we’d be concerned about consigning our Coach to this organization ... for fear of getting dragged into a “law suit“ caused by his misrepresentations. With thousands of RV DEALERS to choose from ... BUYER BEWARE .... and .... SELLER BEWARE!!!!!!!!
- Roger Hicks, Alabama

2021-05-15 2007 Fleetwood Providence 40X View Listings

I have owned it for three plus years. Driven over 10,000 miles with Tow. Awesome to drive with plenty of power fir even the hardest hills. Once parked it’s like a 400 square foot apartment maybe better. All the amenities of home and more
- Bob, Arizona

2021-04-25 2001 Fleetwood American Eagle 40EQS View Listings

Home for us 5 to 6 months every year for the summer! Quality and dependability are great. Having central vacuum and washer/drier and convection oven as well as great purified water made it like home! I love the roomy sleeping quarters with a quiet ceiling fan. 9-10 miles to the gallon seems like better than most of my friends with plenty of power from the Cummins turbo! Never a problem towing my car! Had a couple problems with the hydraulic jacks, but solved them. Loved the huge electric Gerrard patio shade with automatic wind sensor which closed it once and surprised me! Very quiet and super smooth ride. Didn’t like that the Bose stereo system wasn’t hooked up to the tv. Was nice to have the 1000 lb super slides in the storage compartment, and the extra freezer/refrigerator in a pull-out storage compartment was nice for fish and extra ice. Had a few electrical problems till I had a new inverter installed, then has worked fine since. We loved the many ceiling lights and changed the bulbs to dim-able LEDs. Didn’t like the window covers or shades, so we had all removed and replaced with window horizontal blinds, which we love and it made all the windows so much bigger to see out of. The quality wood and leather made it so appealing! The storage compartments had electrical locks which I was never able to get working but I loved how the storage doors opened upwards instead of out like most coaches. Cleaning the black and gray tanks was a breeze, with controls to empty and flush clean.
- Rob Schneider, Arizona

2021-04-25 2001 Fleetwood American Eagle 42A View Listings

- Rob Schneider, Arizona

2021-03-12 2013 Fleetwood Discovery 40X View Listings

Fleetwood is not high on quality construction or delivery. This was our second coach. Both our Bounder and Discovery had persistent problems with the generator. After months it was discovered that there was a short in the harness connecting the generator to the coach. The inverter was installed with the incorrect switch causing the batteries to run low and shut down. This shut down the 12 volt system of the coach and the thermostat. Our dogs nearly baked in the coach due to that error. We used the coach one season and got tired of constant repairs.
- Bill Williams, Texas

2021-03-02 2015 Fleetwood Expedition 38K View Listings

We have had this RV for 3 years and have traveled to the Northwest and enjoy our area of the East Coast. We maintain overall service on a regular basis and have updated all the furniture and captains chairs. All new RecPro theatre seating 84" sofa and 4chairs and dinette. Captains Chairs have been recovered with excellent quality leather. We have been very busy in this RV and it has been and is very trustworthy and quality built. Time for us to rest a while now and let a new owner enjoy.
- Marilyn Wilson, Florida

2021-02-22 2001 Fleetwood American Tradition 40VS View Listings

This RV is a must see I urge you to test drive This magnificent Motorhome Has it drives like a Cadillac if your not familiar With the American Tradition series you won't be disappointed And one of the cleanest R v's you will find Inside and out
- Neal Frasier, Arizona

2021-02-12 2017 Fleetwood Discovery 38K View Listings

Rear slide electric power to slide motor had to be rewired and now the 2 gears that open and close the bed, (not the slide) have stripped due to the weight of the bed.So now the slide doesn't close 100% I can't find any parts book to order gears and La Mesa our local dealer really sucks....
- davidpmorgan, Florida

2021-02-03 1999 Fleetwood Discovery 36T View Listings

Well built motorhome. Comfortable and spacious. Everything has worked very well and has had minimal problems throughout the years. The Cummins diesel has been good without having to really replace anything for 18 years and even at that time everything was working properly but having a belt and pulley break, it was time to replace all the items while the technician was in there. Small price to pay for that many years of use. I’d recommend a diesel pusher, it’s great on gas and we’ve gone 5 days running the generator and never skipped a beat with plenty of gas left when ready to leave. The propane tank lasts a very long time and we have never ran out. Definitely a durable motorhome.
- Steve, Michigan