Fleetwood Bounder RVs Reviews (95)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Fleetwood Bounder RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

ZeeBar from North Dakota says:

Have you owned any Fleetwood Bounder RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Fleetwood Bounder 35K View Listings

Almost a complete redesign of the Bounder for 2016, and a top seller for Fleetwood. However, because they are pushing so many out the door in Decatur, Ind. Fleetwood's quality control leaves very much to be desired. My brand new 2016 roof leaked in three places, cabinet doors opened too easily while moving so had to resort to using bungee cords, kitchen sink leaked because drain pipe fitting wasn't tightened at factory. Flooded kitchen area, drained into basement onto inverter causing lights to flicker for two weeks. No heat reached rear bathroom caused by a crushed duct underneath bed, half bath door had to be reentered because it was hard to open. Seems many buyers of new Bounder are excited to drive then back to the Indiana Service Center to have discrepancies fixed under warranty. Ask yourself: Why wasn't broken items done correctly at the factory in the first place? For the money they ask for these rigs, is the RV life really worth it? Don't violate the cardinal rule purchasing an RV..Never buy new!
- ZeeBar, North Dakota

2019-07-26 2004 Fleetwood Bounder 35E View Listings

bought my 2004 Fleetwood Bounder 35E 1n 2006 and it has been a great RV.It has the workhorse chassis with the 8.1 and allison transmission and has plenty of power.With the big shower 2 and a half bathrooms,washer dryer, 4 door frig with ice maker,plus holds 110 gallons of water,Dish satellite TVs it a home away from home with plenty of storage and with very few little issues.
- Jim Alldridge, Washington

2019-07-23 2019 Fleetwood Bounder 35K View Listings

I will start with the positive first. The RV looks beautiful. There is a lot of under compartment storage which is a plus for our line of business (we are flea market pickers). We also use the drop down bed to store things and keep the living spaces tidy. Love those things. Functionality and Quality are an F. I would not recommend buying one of these. For the money I spent I expected much more. The design and layout are not very functional. For example, overhead controls are above the steps. I have to use a step stool and flashlight to make any changes. The manual provided by Fleetwood is poor and in some cases incorrect. The biggest issue is the steps. We have a major safety concern and have had the rig in twice for service for this issue. We are currently on an extended trip now and the steps came out twice while driving down the interstate at 63 mph. Major safety concern--right? So our solution now is to bungee cord the screen door to the handle bar adjacent to the steps. Something appears wrong with the slide-out for living room. Floor is getting deep scratches now from slide out being opened. We have had issues with the auto leveler working correctly on some pretty level surfaces. The generator takes multiple attempts to start, the tank level indicators are inaccurate, and the oven is extremely hard to light (we have not been able to use it yet). The convection oven (brand High Pointe) takes longer to cook than a normal oven and usually convection is less time. I will summarize by saying that the aesthetics are beautiful. The workmanship and design are extremely poor. There are many of the interior finishes that were done in a poor, sloppy and "I don't care" approach. It is a shame. We are using this RV to travel across the country and not just go on a few weekend camping trips. This fell well short of my expectations given the price point. I would not recommend purchasing a Fleetwood.
- Tracy Welker, Missouri

2019-05-01 2014 Fleetwood Bounder 33C View Listings

For a new RV owner I couldn't have picked a better Motor home to own. Easy to handle, easy to learn and fun to live in while camping, all the comforts of home. Easy setup to tear down. You set up high when traveling and able to see a lot more than from a car. Big front window lets you see a lot! We towed a Ford focus and I even forgot the car was there at times!! The factory warranty support rating I give is for the place we bought it. Very poor service, very poor management. However whenever I went to Fleetwood I got outstanding support.
- DDeaver, Michigan

2019-03-18 2016 Fleetwood Bounder 35K View Listings

Starting out there were some little things that needed fixed due to poor quality control at the factory. I love the floor plan and having two bathrooms is a major plus. The built in bench in the shower is great. The rig drives very well with the added stabilizers and steering assist. The V10 has plenty of power and quite often get the speed warning when I go over 70mph. I like having a dish washer vs. the little oven. The convection microwave work just fine. The antenna sucks and is only good for 35 miles with no available upgrade made for it. The booth is too small for 4 people and I would rather have a sofa then the L sofa that makes into a bed. For the money it was the best buy for me with the amenities and floor plan I was looking for.
- Michael Murphy, Oregon

2019-02-15 2014 Fleetwood Bounder 35K View Listings

We wanted the floor plan in this unit, This is our seventh motorhome, we used it to visit our daughters who were serving in the Airforce, our oldest retired three years ago and our youngest will retire this summer. We took two trips to Florida where their families live. The trips were great and we loved them, during the trips we pulled a jeep liberty, and spent the winters living in the motorhome. The unit has a heat pump in the second air conditioner so the only propane we used to cook. The electric furnace could also been used to heat if we would have needed it, with two baths it worked out for my wife and myself. This motor home has been winterized and ready to travel.
- Doug Maeder, Wisconsin

2019-02-14 2007 Fleetwood Bounder 32K View Listings

Very powerful Ford Triton Engine takes hills very easily.All the convenience of home. Dual 12 cu.ft refrigerator with ice maker. Two slides make for a roomy living area. Large wardrobe closet. Corian counters in kitchen and baths. Completely updated with laminate floors through out.
- Gary, Arizona

2019-02-07 2000 Fleetwood Bounder 36S View Listings

I chose this particular RV because it had the carpet removed and replaced with laminate flooring. I really didn't want someone's old carpet and everything that lived in it. After that, I chose it for the layout, size, and comfort of the living area. We used it to moved across country and it drove great. Absolutely no engine or mechanical issues. We did have two tires go form old damage so there are two brand new ones on there. We also did not use the water as it was winter and fully loaded. There is a problem with one of the hoses that will need to be fixed. We also did not use the AC but the heat works great! Now, on to the living area. Totally comfortable. Even with the slide in there is plenty of room to move. Seeing as I have a thing with nasty fabrics, I was also very pleased the the captain's chairs, couch, and lounger were new. The curtains are original but not smelly. There is no mattress. I bought a regular queen foam with a heated topper that didn't fit right but was so comfy we took it in the house. You will need to get something new for yourself. (Again, who wouldn't want to?) I used the microwave but not the range, washer or dryer. You will have to test those things. We also didn't use the awnings. This is a beast to drive but if you have the chops for it, it is wonderfully comfortable living. I like that the bedroom is in the rear. The kitchen has everything I would want. The shower is big enough. The chairs are super comfy. Since we only used this for a couple of weeks, that's all I know. Other upgrades should be int he listing. I love the Bounder and would keep it but having just moved, we aren't planning any more major trips for a while.
- Stephanie Grenadier & Tim Waite, New Mexico

2019-01-10 1998 Fleetwood Bounder 36S View Listings

We purchased the unit Dec 2013(now is Jan 2019). It had 19,000 miles on it. We have put an additional 34,000 on it. We have loved the unit. The only real problem is with the Chassis which is by Chevrolet. The "Automatic Parking Brake" is a MAJOR disaster. There is no permanent fix for the problem and due to the age, parts are becoming difficult to locate and some are no longer available (not made any more). The FORD Chassis does NOT have this issue. Otherwise we love it. It has plenty of room and easily sleep 4 grown adults (full sized adults). The corner shower is one of the main reasons we purchased this unit. The corner shower has more room for adults than the rectangular tub/showers in others. Plenty of closet and drawer space for clothes when traveling with 4 adults on long trips (4 - 6 weeks).
- WL Cook, Tennessee

2018-11-08 2017 Fleetwood Bounder 35P View Listings

Of the 4 motorhomes we've owned, this is by far the best. Love the floorpan with L shaped couch and expandable dining table. With the 4 slides opened it feels very spacious. Our grandchildren love the power overhead bunk in the front. Sleeps 6 very comfortably. First time we've had a washer/dryer in our unit and it's now a must...didn't realize what we've been missing. Fleetwood has really used the space wisely....has 2 pantries and plenty of cabinets for storage.
- Donald Austin, Michigan

2018-11-01 2006 Fleetwood Bounder 33R View Listings

My Aunt and Uncle have one of these, and it is quite spacious - not only for traveling but also for living! I especially like the room for sitting and hanging out - my Aunt and Uncle put in an electric fireplace in theirs, and it makes it feel like home!
- Nancy, Nevada

2018-11-01 2006 Fleetwood Bounder 33R View Listings

We had a wonderful time the past three years traveling the USA. This unit is LIKE NEW, COMFORTABLE to drive, EASY to maneuver, and offers AMPLE STORAGE in the outdoor compartments and interior closets and cabinets. The NUMEROUS UPGRADES make this unit much more than the “normal” used RV. The AUTO TOWING SYSTEM is absolutely necessary if anyone has plans to tow a car/truck, and it has a $5,000 value.
- Carol, Texas

2018-10-26 2007 Fleetwood Bounder 38P View Listings

I really loved the openness of the floor plan and the roominess. Perfect for entertaining. King size bed at the back is great. Its a totally self sufficient unit. Fully equipped with solar panels and LED lights. Equipped for battery charging towing system and it has constant monitoring from rear camera.
- Sharon, Alberta

2018-10-19 1997 Fleetwood Bounder 34P View Listings

very poor craftsmanship example wood support split so instead of replacing stapled together with about 40 staples, kitchen drawer rails barely fit in rear rail mounts causing them to break had to add 1" wood to close the gap nothing is square laying in bed looking up at the ac duct work terribly crooked, wood grain paper coating over plywood not glued well, electrical wires where run threw wood panel instead of drilling hole they just slammed a hammer threw it ran wire threw splintered hole, duct work crushed in half to fit threw the small space, lot of screws stripped, electrical wires into electric panel no romex connector not code, etc etc they must hire people from McDonalds for their high skill levels things might look good but its what you don't see that will bite you in the ass!
- Tom, Connecticut

2018-10-07 2006 Fleetwood Bounder 35E View Listings

Good floor plan for 2 slideout model. Lots of storage. We made many upgrades, including replacing carpet with Vinyl flooring, adding pull-out shelves, removing the washer dryer, installing a dishwasher and pantry. Drives fine even towing our car.
- Judy, Florida

2018-09-02 2015 Fleetwood Bounder 33C View Listings

We loved this RV. Selling because we now have 7 grandkids and need more room. It is spacious, but doesn’t sleep 10 :) we traveled and saw many beautiful places in our wonderful country. Easy driving, parking and towing. Even my wife can drive this beauty. Like new outside and inside. Needing a bigger rig. Only reason we are selling.
- Hollis campbell, Texas

2018-08-26 2006 Fleetwood Bounder 35E View Listings

We bought this coach in 2012, & have loved living in it as Full Timers. This 8.1 L Chevy Vortec engine with Allison 6 spd. Granny with a grade brake has been superb. No problems in the mountains & no problems with this engine at all. We keep up the maintenance, & have kept all the records. The model 35e has been very livable, & the storage inside this coach cannot be matched. We love this coach but must sell due to health issues. I would recommend this coach to anyone looking for comfort, & dependability.
- Jenniene Ritacca, Arizona

2018-08-18 2015 Fleetwood Bounder 36E View Listings

Amazing layout, great handling! Comes with tons of standard features that make using it a dream. Luxury plus functionality. My favorite to travel in so far. This is a definite thumbs up! I highly recommend this coach.
- Alison Spangler , California

2018-05-12 2017 Fleetwood Bounder 36Y View Listings

Will not recommend this home-had 46 safety & manufactured defects, evidence of poor quality control & work integrity. Made numerous return trips to dealership, one to REV RV GROUP in TX, & one to Ford dealership. FLEETWOOD did reimburse us for some gas costs & everything was covered under the warranty. But is was frustrating worrying about what would happen next.
- Priscilla Lingenfelter, Pennsylvania

2018-05-03 2014 Fleetwood Bounder 35K View Listings

We purchased this coach as a used motorhome. The original owner found it too big for his camping. We love all aspects of this home, this is the seventh motorhome we have owned. On our first trip to Florida we had a clicking in our sewer pump and had a RV repair man fix it and check the rest of the home, he reset our refrigerator. On our second trip down there all went well, when we left we could smell an odor, so we called a dealer and he found a crack in the smaller rest room. While down there we had the motor home undercoated to prevent animals from getting into it back at our home because we feed squirrels and try to get into everything and with we spent a lot of money to let them use as their home. All of our trips were a pleasure, we towed a 2005 Jeep Liberty, for running around and truly loved our camping. Both of our daughters have purchased homes and would rather have us stay with them. S we are selling our Bounder
- Doug Maeder, Wisconsin

2018-03-14 2012 Fleetwood Bounder 33C View Listings

It may sound crazy because I am selling mine, but I really can't believe you could get a better coach. We had an unexpected giant expense (IRS) otherwise this baby would not be on the market. There is nothing I would change about the coach. period.
- Denise Rolen , California

2018-02-24 1998 Fleetwood Bounder 36S View Listings

This RV is a pleasure to drive and go camping it. It has cruise control a backup camera to help you back your RV into a site. The large slide out enhances the living space when you go camping.it has a ice maker so you don't have to go the store for ice. The shower is very spacious and the queen size bed lets you have a comfortable night's sleep and the mirrow closet is big enough to put plenty of clothes in it.Its all self contained. All in all this RV will make your experience with camping a pleasure.
- Sandra Reinink, Nevada

2018-02-22 1994 Fleetwood Bounder 34J View Listings

Have had this RV for 8 months. Besides basic maintenance, I absolutely love it. It drives beautiful, the engine is very strong for 16,000 lb. The floor plan and quality is what I wanted. Appliances are great and the furnace is perfect. Easy overall all around.
- Michael, South Carolina

2018-01-17 2016 Fleetwood Bounder 35K View Listings

Great MotorCoach comfortable, no problems, eye catching, reliable, not over priced. Many features that the expensive ones have without the ballooned price. Ford Triton has 362 hp w/ plenty of power and towing too. You can,t go wrong with the Fleetwood Bounder 35 K.
- Gene, South Carolina

2017-11-12 2010 Fleetwood Bounder 35H View Listings

We love this motorhome because it has all the features of luxury rv’s. It is easy to drive, easy to maintain,and looks great. The bath and half is especially convenient when your spouse is an extremely private person.
- BuddyBloomer , Texas