Fleetwood Bounder Reviews on RV Insider (108)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Fleetwood Bounder RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

ZeeBar from North Dakota says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Fleetwood Bounder 35K View Listings

Almost a complete redesign of the Bounder for 2016, and a top seller for Fleetwood. However, because they are pushing so many out the door in Decatur, Ind. Fleetwood's quality control leaves very much to be desired. My brand new 2016 roof leaked in three places, cabinet doors opened too easily while moving so had to resort to using bungee cords, kitchen sink leaked because drain pipe fitting wasn't tightened at factory. Flooded kitchen area, drained into basement onto inverter causing lights to flicker for two weeks. No heat reached rear bathroom caused by a crushed duct underneath bed, half bath door had to be reentered because it was hard to open. Seems many buyers of new Bounder are excited to drive then back to the Indiana Service Center to have discrepancies fixed under warranty. Ask yourself: Why wasn't broken items done correctly at the factory in the first place? For the money they ask for these rigs, is the RV life really worth it? Don't violate the cardinal rule purchasing an RV..Never buy new!
- ZeeBar, North Dakota

2020-05-01 2017 Fleetwood Bounder 35K View Listings

Our Bounder35k is an excellent quality rig. We have had many great experiences with it, but do to health reasons we have to sell it. The king bed is as comfortable as our bed in our home, the extra bathroom has been handy when we had family and friends staying with us in the Motorhome.
- Nick, Florida

2020-04-12 2018 Fleetwood Bounder 36H View Listings

We all love this motorhome. This is our 2nd Bounder. Previous 1996 Bounder 36U went to 49 states including Alaskan highway. Only problem was a refrigerator circuit card. First with the 2018 Bounder negatives - it is underpowered with the V10, 22,000 chassis is too small, and the F53 has horrible handling. Having said that I am still happy about the purchase. The handling problems are solved by CHF, SafeTPlus, and the Rear Stabilizer system. Just be prepared to spend an extra $1500 and you will very happy. For the underpowered engine, decide what you want to tow before you buy. A Honda Fit with manual transmission weighs 2500lbs and is appropriate for this rig. For the positives, there are many! Sleeps 10 people,TVs everywhere and then some, fireplace, nice windows, huge refrigerator, king bed, drop down bed over driver. This rig is a huge improvement over our 1996 Bounder which was already very good! Good job Fleetwood.
- Bruce Orr, Texas

2020-03-09 2020 Fleetwood Bounder 33C View Listings

Traded our 2016 Fleetwood Bounder 33C because we loved the layout and had many great trips for a new 2020 Fleetwood Bounder 33C. Unfortunately, shortly after we brought it home, got some medical news that will prevent us from continuing our use. Has been in inside storage ever since December 1, 2019. Warranty effective 11/5/19. Believe my price is at or below dealer cost.
- Joe Crandall, Pennsylvania

2020-02-05 2016 Fleetwood Bounder 35K View Listings

We bought ours new and have owned other RV, so we fully expected some issues. This is natural, you have a moving house on wheels, you are going to have some. However one issue we did have was with the Living room Awning. When retracting the room one time, the I heard a loud "Crack" and a bag, I went outside to look and the awning did nit roll up properly and Broke the mount. When it was replaced it was replaced with a better one completely and I noticed a brace in the middle that wasn't on the original. The Rig otherwise had the PERFECT floorplan for us and everything else works fine. People need to expect a few problems hear and there. Th furniture looked nice, but only after a year it all started to peel. It was like a pleather. I did get replacement material from the manufacturer of the furniture, but I will have to have them reupholstered, because it was after the warranty period. One thing that was very difficult, was trying to get one place to have the services done on it. I had to find a Ford Heavy Truck dealer to do the Drivetrain stuff, and An RV Dealer to do the rest of the services. Gander RV in Dothan ENterprise, won't do Ford services. Also, The sway was really bad as far as rocking on uneven roads. The driver doesn't feel it so much but the passengers do!
- Dennis Vaughn, Alabama

2020-01-07 2007 Fleetwood Bounder 35E View Listings

This is a remarkable Coach. It's fully loaded with everything! We love taking trips in it. Last trip was to Tennessee. Feels great having a wonderfully comfortable Coach to stay in. I mean sure everyone says you can stay in their house with them. We say "no thank you", we're very comfortable in our home away from home. It's like taking our home with us. The private bedroom and full bathroom are big. The shower is huge. Better yet, no one has to go into Master Bathroom from the rest of the Coach. There is a commode and sink closed off next to main living area. The dinette comfortably seats 4. the dinette pulls out and can sleep 2. The couch pulls out into a bed that also sleeps 2. All in all we love travelling in it!
- J. W. Matheson, California

2019-12-05 2014 Fleetwood Bounder 35K View Listings

We purchased this unit used at lazydays fl due to the 2nd bathroom and the comments we heard about it's robust build. We've taken it camping to different states and loved our times. skip ahead 3 years and we've replaced the vacu flush 2 times and its broken again, the plastic cable which was attached to the slide-out is still broken (it broke during check-in at lazydays which we finally found out 3 months later), the bounder's fridge door always flies open as does the panty door when I make a left turn, it is top heavy and you will feel it when driving. Speaking of driving, you will feel turbulence when being passed by a big semi truck. And today we sit without 12v power and the mobile rv repair tech can't make it to us till next week to fix it. Being without 12v on the bounder means, the fridge is out, the power management system is out in the bedroom which means the heater is out, the a/c and heater unit on the ceiling is out, all lights of course so it is a major pain. The TV's are in a position that makes it hard to reach behind if you want to replace it with a smart tv, we tried to put one of our dvd players in the bedroom but the wiring negates it so we left it out, this is our third RV and has really changed our mind about RV'ing, and we are now looking at going back from full-timing in our RV to living in the home. also speaking of the vacu flush, it is located in the rear accessible by going through the last basement door on the passenger side. The spacing requires a very skinny person so be aware of that. We would definitely not recommend a fleetwood RV to our friends or anyone, as the support team when you talk to them on the phone seemed as inexperienced with no signs of concern about our issues that it no longer was deemed necessary to even call them when a problem arose with our bounder.
- william, Florida

2019-11-27 1994 Fleetwood Bounder 28T View Listings

I have really enjoyed this RV which is my 16th. When I bought it I was recently widowed and just wanted to take my cats and start over. I found this floor plan very livable for one and would also be comfortable for two. When I bought it, it had already had the carpet replaced with vinyl flooring and I proceeded to make it boondock capable by adding the best solar system I could afford along with a 12v swamp cooler and 12v/ac tv. I have stayed off-grid for 2 weeks with no problems and plenty of power to be comfortable. I added the steer safe system to the front end for an easier drive. It has air suspension and handles very well. My only reason for selling is I want to go smaller, I am ready for another van.
- Patti Panuccio, New Mexico

2019-11-18 2014 Fleetwood Bounder 35K View Listings

Great Motorhome! Very comfortable and livable. No problems. It's eye catching, reliable, priced competitively. Many features that the expensive units have without the inflated price. Ford Triton V-10 has plenty of power and towing too. We towed a Jeep Rubicon and V-10 performed great. You can't go wrong with the Bounder 35 K.
- Thomas Buchko, Nevada

2019-11-17 1989 Fleetwood Bounder 34S View Listings

We bought this for my homeless brother in law..only thing is that it doesn’t have a shower. Why not?? We love the space and it runs great! My brother in law loves it! Great space for him and his dogs. I’m just happy they have shelter!
- Dora Herrera, Texas

2019-11-02 2004 Fleetwood Bounder 36S View Listings

August 2018 Colton truck Colton California did an $1800 chassis inspection. With all fluids Changed at that time August 2019 all fluids and filters were changed Coach has 39,000 miles on a Vortech 8.1 engine with an Allison five speed transmission. All interior lights have been upgraded to LED fixtures, it is plumbed for washer and dryer with a 5.5 Onan generator Dual air conditioning everything is in perfect working order tires have less than 8000 miles with new batteries house and engine also just installed 50 inch LED front TV
- Cary Bradford , Nevada

2019-10-28 2017 Fleetwood Bounder 36H View Listings

We’ve had our 36H Bounder for 2 years. Hardly any issues. Couple small things with fit and finish. We did have issue with awning. Carefree stood behind it. We still to this this day can not find a better floor plan. Would not recommend buying from Camping World. They are the main problems I’ve ever had with three motor homes I’ve had. I like our Bounder A lot!
- Paul Reed, North Carolina

2019-09-27 2004 Fleetwood Bounder 32W View Listings

Couldn't be happier. Great horsepower even with a tow vehicle. Very easy to drive, even my wife drove the RV. Great layout and very comfortable traveling with 4 adults. Large shower separate from bathroom and loved that I could open door of bathroom to close off hall and have privacy in shower and bedroom. Plenty of storage inside and out. Lots of nice features; backup camera, auto levelers, dual slides, laptop computer pullout tray & plugs at dash in front of front passenger passenger seat. Small pop-up table next to recliner. Bedroom has small desk you can use as makeup table or desk. Had computer printer stored on 1 side of desk. Good size closet in bedroom. Refrigerator is small but learned how to pack to meet our needs for 3 to 4 days. Freezer small so we carried a small ice making machine to make ice to have more freezer space. Highly recommend.
- Donald. Nelson, California

2019-09-25 2016 Fleetwood Bounder 35K View Listings

Love the floor plan. Disliked everything else. Motorhome difficult to drive because of the swaying. Had better sway bars installed. No change. Something needing repair or replace all the time. Sewer trouble, hot water trouble, vacuum flush didn’t work, master bath shower door constantly off the track. Cabinet doors opened while traveling. Happiest day: when we sold it.
- Carol, Florida

2019-07-26 2004 Fleetwood Bounder 35E View Listings

bought my 2004 Fleetwood Bounder 35E 1n 2006 and it has been a great RV.It has the workhorse chassis with the 8.1 and allison transmission and has plenty of power.With the big shower 2 and a half bathrooms,washer dryer, 4 door frig with ice maker,plus holds 110 gallons of water,Dish satellite TVs it a home away from home with plenty of storage and with very few little issues.
- Jim Alldridge, Washington

2019-07-23 2019 Fleetwood Bounder 35K View Listings

I will start with the positive first. The RV looks beautiful. There is a lot of under compartment storage which is a plus for our line of business (we are flea market pickers). We also use the drop down bed to store things and keep the living spaces tidy. Love those things. Functionality and Quality are an F. I would not recommend buying one of these. For the money I spent I expected much more. The design and layout are not very functional. For example, overhead controls are above the steps. I have to use a step stool and flashlight to make any changes. The manual provided by Fleetwood is poor and in some cases incorrect. The biggest issue is the steps. We have a major safety concern and have had the rig in twice for service for this issue. We are currently on an extended trip now and the steps came out twice while driving down the interstate at 63 mph. Major safety concern--right? So our solution now is to bungee cord the screen door to the handle bar adjacent to the steps. Something appears wrong with the slide-out for living room. Floor is getting deep scratches now from slide out being opened. We have had issues with the auto leveler working correctly on some pretty level surfaces. The generator takes multiple attempts to start, the tank level indicators are inaccurate, and the oven is extremely hard to light (we have not been able to use it yet). The convection oven (brand High Pointe) takes longer to cook than a normal oven and usually convection is less time. I will summarize by saying that the aesthetics are beautiful. The workmanship and design are extremely poor. There are many of the interior finishes that were done in a poor, sloppy and "I don't care" approach. It is a shame. We are using this RV to travel across the country and not just go on a few weekend camping trips. This fell well short of my expectations given the price point. I would not recommend purchasing a Fleetwood.
- Tracy Welker, Missouri

2019-05-01 2014 Fleetwood Bounder 33C View Listings

For a new RV owner I couldn't have picked a better Motor home to own. Easy to handle, easy to learn and fun to live in while camping, all the comforts of home. Easy setup to tear down. You set up high when traveling and able to see a lot more than from a car. Big front window lets you see a lot! We towed a Ford focus and I even forgot the car was there at times!! The factory warranty support rating I give is for the place we bought it. Very poor service, very poor management. However whenever I went to Fleetwood I got outstanding support.
- DDeaver, Michigan

2019-03-18 2016 Fleetwood Bounder 35K View Listings

Starting out there were some little things that needed fixed due to poor quality control at the factory. I love the floor plan and having two bathrooms is a major plus. The built in bench in the shower is great. The rig drives very well with the added stabilizers and steering assist. The V10 has plenty of power and quite often get the speed warning when I go over 70mph. I like having a dish washer vs. the little oven. The convection microwave work just fine. The antenna sucks and is only good for 35 miles with no available upgrade made for it. The booth is too small for 4 people and I would rather have a sofa then the L sofa that makes into a bed. For the money it was the best buy for me with the amenities and floor plan I was looking for.
- Michael Murphy, Oregon

2019-02-15 2014 Fleetwood Bounder 35K View Listings

We wanted the floor plan in this unit, This is our seventh motorhome, we used it to visit our daughters who were serving in the Airforce, our oldest retired three years ago and our youngest will retire this summer. We took two trips to Florida where their families live. The trips were great and we loved them, during the trips we pulled a jeep liberty, and spent the winters living in the motorhome. The unit has a heat pump in the second air conditioner so the only propane we used to cook. The electric furnace could also been used to heat if we would have needed it, with two baths it worked out for my wife and myself. This motor home has been winterized and ready to travel.
- Doug Maeder, Wisconsin

2019-02-14 2007 Fleetwood Bounder 32K View Listings

Very powerful Ford Triton Engine takes hills very easily.All the convenience of home. Dual 12 cu.ft refrigerator with ice maker. Two slides make for a roomy living area. Large wardrobe closet. Corian counters in kitchen and baths. Completely updated with laminate floors through out.
- Gary, Arizona

2019-02-07 2000 Fleetwood Bounder 36S View Listings

I chose this particular RV because it had the carpet removed and replaced with laminate flooring. I really didn't want someone's old carpet and everything that lived in it. After that, I chose it for the layout, size, and comfort of the living area. We used it to moved across country and it drove great. Absolutely no engine or mechanical issues. We did have two tires go form old damage so there are two brand new ones on there. We also did not use the water as it was winter and fully loaded. There is a problem with one of the hoses that will need to be fixed. We also did not use the AC but the heat works great! Now, on to the living area. Totally comfortable. Even with the slide in there is plenty of room to move. Seeing as I have a thing with nasty fabrics, I was also very pleased the the captain's chairs, couch, and lounger were new. The curtains are original but not smelly. There is no mattress. I bought a regular queen foam with a heated topper that didn't fit right but was so comfy we took it in the house. You will need to get something new for yourself. (Again, who wouldn't want to?) I used the microwave but not the range, washer or dryer. You will have to test those things. We also didn't use the awnings. This is a beast to drive but if you have the chops for it, it is wonderfully comfortable living. I like that the bedroom is in the rear. The kitchen has everything I would want. The shower is big enough. The chairs are super comfy. Since we only used this for a couple of weeks, that's all I know. Other upgrades should be int he listing. I love the Bounder and would keep it but having just moved, we aren't planning any more major trips for a while.
- Stephanie Grenadier & Tim Waite, New Mexico

2019-01-10 1998 Fleetwood Bounder 36S View Listings

We purchased the unit Dec 2013(now is Jan 2019). It had 19,000 miles on it. We have put an additional 34,000 on it. We have loved the unit. The only real problem is with the Chassis which is by Chevrolet. The "Automatic Parking Brake" is a MAJOR disaster. There is no permanent fix for the problem and due to the age, parts are becoming difficult to locate and some are no longer available (not made any more). The FORD Chassis does NOT have this issue. Otherwise we love it. It has plenty of room and easily sleep 4 grown adults (full sized adults). The corner shower is one of the main reasons we purchased this unit. The corner shower has more room for adults than the rectangular tub/showers in others. Plenty of closet and drawer space for clothes when traveling with 4 adults on long trips (4 - 6 weeks).
- WL Cook, Tennessee

2018-11-08 2017 Fleetwood Bounder 35P View Listings

Of the 4 motorhomes we've owned, this is by far the best. Love the floorpan with L shaped couch and expandable dining table. With the 4 slides opened it feels very spacious. Our grandchildren love the power overhead bunk in the front. Sleeps 6 very comfortably. First time we've had a washer/dryer in our unit and it's now a must...didn't realize what we've been missing. Fleetwood has really used the space wisely....has 2 pantries and plenty of cabinets for storage.
- Donald Austin, Michigan

2018-11-01 2006 Fleetwood Bounder 33R View Listings

My Aunt and Uncle have one of these, and it is quite spacious - not only for traveling but also for living! I especially like the room for sitting and hanging out - my Aunt and Uncle put in an electric fireplace in theirs, and it makes it feel like home!
- Nancy, Nevada

2018-11-01 2006 Fleetwood Bounder 33R View Listings

We had a wonderful time the past three years traveling the USA. This unit is LIKE NEW, COMFORTABLE to drive, EASY to maneuver, and offers AMPLE STORAGE in the outdoor compartments and interior closets and cabinets. The NUMEROUS UPGRADES make this unit much more than the “normal” used RV. The AUTO TOWING SYSTEM is absolutely necessary if anyone has plans to tow a car/truck, and it has a $5,000 value.
- Carol, Texas