Eclipse Reviews on RV Insider (44)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Eclipse RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Rhonda C from California says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Eclipse Attitude 35GSG View Listings

This is the BIGGEST piece of junk I have ever owned. I would rather have my 2003 Weekend Warrior back. WOW what a waste of money. This rig was built on the cheap. It is literally falling apart before my eyes. From the crappy paint on the cabinets, the lights from China that go out EVERY trip. To the seals that leak (water in winter and dust on dirt roads). Oh and the brakes dont work. It has been in the shop for more than 30 days since I bought it and needs to go back again.
- Rhonda C, California

2020-11-05 2020 Eclipse Iconic 2717SF View Listings

21 and has an eclipse toy hauler either iconic attitude or Stellar if you have any issues I highly recommend you to straighten manufacturer in Riverside vs going to the dealers are way more likely to help you trust me I know I was there
- Willy, California

2020-10-13 2020 Eclipse Attitude 27SA View Listings

This piece of garbage does not deserve a star! I purchased a 2020 Eclipse Attitude. the first time I used it, I had it parked in the front of my home plugged in to get the fridge cold. Before we left so excited for our first trip in our brand new $45,000 toy hauler I unplugged the trailer and fired up the gas refrigerator and locked the door. when I walked around the other side there was flames shooting out the side! we were on fire. I took it back to the dealer and discovered they never hooked up the gas line to the fridge but it was close enough ignite from the igniter. we decided to use coolers and go anyways. we get about 60 miles out of town and one of the wheels come off! The floor is also coming up as well. so we are stranded with no cell service. At this point I just wanted out of this thing. buyers beware most states we don't have any consumer protection from frauds like this company. I had to let the dealer do repairs so I had no trailer for most of the camping season. then I finally got to take it out again for the first time last week hunting. we were really stupid and decided to use the stove top to cook some hamburger. while we were cooking away the whole stove top burst into one huge blue flame blistering my girlfriends hand badly. also flames shooting up in-between the stove and counter top. I've called the manufacturer twice now still no calls back. Also floor is coming up again battery's wont last for five hours with heat, that's with solar and upgraded battery's, so obviously we electrical problems as well. We had lots of rain one night, leaving puddles of water inside the trailer and a warped roof on the slide out. HMMM Leaks too? Toilet leaks on the floor as well. There are lots of choices out there stay away from this company! My next review after this will be to the BBB .
- Merrill Olson, Idaho

2020-10-07 2020 Eclipse Iconic 2717SF View Listings

Having a problem with the MORryde steps. After leveling the trailer and putting out the steps I am unable to close the door. This happens 90% of the time. Have to dig a hole for the steps. Cannot always do this. Eclipse says the trailer was sold that way so they will not do anything. Trailer under warranty. Have tried for 9 months to get this corrected. No help at all. Is anyone else having this problem?
- Rod Christensen, Utah

2020-09-23 2020 Eclipse Attitude F3322SAG View Listings

2020 attitude that has a NORCOLD 18cu ft fridge in a slideout that will NOT cool properly on propane. Been to dealer 4 times and finally to ECLIPSE where it sat for almost 3 months. Still does not work and eclipse has no solution. They know these are lemons but wont replace them. DO NO BUY and attitude with a double door fridge in a slideout.
- john, California

2020-08-23 2014 Eclipse Evolution 20FBS View Listings

My wife and I have been camping out of our Eclipse Evolution 2014 for 6 years and are currently on a 9 month trip around the US. While we like the camper for its design,spacious storage and high clearance, we have had several serious negative issues with it. The fiberglass exterior has been delaminating after only 3 years and is getting worse despite the fact that it has been covered over the winters.I am told there is no fix for this. One of the water tanks fell off in a City Market lot, and I had to hacksaw it off to fit it in the truck to have it welded back on. I looked at the welds on the other tanks, and they were very weak to non-existent, so I had them re-inforced as well. This camper was out of warranty as it had a previous owner for a few months. The camper was put together very shoddily with poor wormanship. The drain hose for the fridge wasn't daylighted out as it should have been since this fridge didn't have an evaporation pan and the water was puddling inside the access panel until I routed it out. There was no vent to the outside for the stovetop. The fumes in close quarters were overwhelming,until I removed the microwave, and put a direct to outside vent with fan in the microwaves place. Customer service is poor with this company,and it was extremely hard to get a service tech to answer. I would not recommend this camper to anyone.
- Paul Hanrahan, Colorado

2020-08-22 2020 Eclipse Attitude Wide Lite 3322SAG View Listings

have a new 2020 3322sag trailer, has been in shop more than on the road. the fridge has NEVER worked and the unit is now at eclipse and has been for 2 months they have no solution to the problem. the fridge is in the slide out and it cant get rid of the external hea to allow it to cool. it is piece of junk. i would NOT buy one of these and im fighting with them now for resolution
- john, California

2020-08-14 2020 Eclipse Attitude 27SA View Listings

We purchased this 2020 Toy Hauler July 1st, 2019 and pulled it 9000 miles with just one issue. The happy jack bed motor burned out. We spoke to the happy jack manufacturer about a design flaw. The motor was replaced under warranty and now works fine. This is our 2nd toy hauler. We have pulled it 4000 miles so far this year on mostly gravel roads. The trailer is air tight. The suspension works well. Tongue weight is a little heavy. We replaced the 20lb propane bottles with 30lb bottles and added an electric tongue jack. Thirteen hundred pounds without our side by side inside. It lightens to 1100 lbs when hauling the side by side. The brochure reads 100 gallon fresh water tank, but we can only squeeze in 70 gallons. The biggest gripe; it only has a 18000btu furnace. Not adequate for camping when it's below freezing in Montana. I added another 4" vent to the kitchen area which helps. We scraped off the decals covering the windows. The LED spot lights work well. The light bar above the entrance door is great. We like the laminate flooring and the multiple tie downs. The cabinets are well made, but could have been deeper. The 210 watt solar panels work well to keep the sealed batteries charged. We don't much care for the location of the TV above the refrigerator. We have relocated it to the small table. It could have come with a better mattress. But most trailers have a crappy mattress. We added a memory foam topper. The refrigerator, stove and microwave all work well. The chairs and slide couch are comfortable. The AC unit works flawlessly. We replaced the steps with a Lippert solid step. Overall we like the trailer.
- Earl Lenci, Montana

2020-07-30 2020 Eclipse Attitude T20FBLE View Listings

Garbage. We love the layout and the door/ramp in the back, but as of writing this I'm near tears. We traded in our solid motorhome for a piece of crap. In the year that we have had it, it has been in service over 60 days. The cheapest materials available were used to build it, but that is not evident at first, even in the walk through. The hitch has never fit quite right, the microwave, stove light and radio were not connected (we did it), the seals in the front started to disintegrate and were replaced (but it took almost 3 weeks to get Eclipse to respond to the dealer), the drawers are crooked and lamination on cabinets starting to peel. It has been back at the dealer because the pipes under the shower broke. Dealer is footing the bill because Eclipse won't respond. We purchased the extended warranty..another mistake. We have a loan we are paying. I feel ripped off.. lost our motorhome..trying to find recourse...horrible experience. It was supposed to be our retirement toy. Not sure what to do next. Only got one decent trip in it.
- Louanne Myers, California

2020-07-24 2019 Eclipse Attitude 2814SS View Listings

We thought we got a lemon- but after reading these reviews I guess they are all poorly constructed. Our RV has been in for service more times than we have taken trips in it. The list of problems we have had over the past year would be too long to fit here. The biggest issue was with water leaking. Everywhere. First time we took it out for a short weekend it rained- water was streaming down the wall behind the bed, flowing from the can lights, and the speakers on the ceiling. When we would shower, water would fill up the entire bathroom floor. Driving it home 5 hours, the entire back panel of that RV became separated off. It was literally falling apart. We had a list of about 30 things that needed fixing after the first trip. Our dealer directed us strait to the manufacturer because they said it would be faster. It took many phone calls and emails just to get a response. It was there for a few months and they said it was basically being rebuilt. We were pleased to hear that- we just wanted it done right this time. Since then- we’ve also had the furnace stop working, more water leaking from the front door and side panel after heavy rains, and the water pump broke. Luckily we purchased the extended warranty. The brakes have already had to be replaced (on our dime). All in the first year and a half. We are happy with the general setup, and the interior layout, but we deeply regret the purchase. The dealers touted this as “Top of the Line”. We were told by other RV owners that it’s common for a few problems to occur in the first few trips, but we’ve had more than just a few minor issues. We’ve had 3 trips absolutely ruined due to the flooding, and had to come home early. Would not recommend.
- Bri, California

2020-06-28 2019 Eclipse Attitude 2814SS View Listings

Was completely sold a bunch of stories by the dealer. All these great things about how the Attitude leaders actually use the toy haulers and then use their experiences to improve them. We have had nothing but issues. Frig went out on the 2nd use, knobs fell off cabinets all within a few months & a hole in the awning. All were fixed (except the awning which they supposedly ordered) but it took the dealer several months which they blamed on Attitude not being able to get them the parts so my husband had to call Attitude continuously. Terrible Customer Service by the dealer and Attitude! It now has been almost a year and water has leaked in and ruined the flooring in the Master, handles are falling off the drawers in the kitchen, and we are still waiting on the awning to arrive. We wish we would have read more of these reviews and definitely gotten a different brand.
- Danielle, Texas

2020-05-21 2020 Eclipse Attitude 35GSG View Listings

This is the biggest pile of crap. What isn’t wrong with it, we bought it new and have only used a week been at the shop for over three months and can’t get parts from the factory this thing was messed up from the factory.
- Wesley Guido, Oregon

2020-03-25 2019 Eclipse Stellar 30KSG View Listings

Eclipse has the worst customer service ever. Quality really lacks, fit and finish is bad when you look really close. Had to fix a lot of items on my own due to extended warranty wouldn’t cover. Spoke with a guy named Ryan Ducker at eclipse about my issues and he said he would get back to me. I emailed him quite a few times and all I got was the run around. I would never buy an eclipse made trailer again.
- Mark Ruiz, California

2020-02-08 2011 Eclipse Attitude 25FS View Listings

Bought new in 2011.. Love the floor plan..But the quality control is awful. Within the 1st year I had leakage. Warranty "fixed" the issue which became an ongoing nightmare. Delamination has become an ongoing problem on both sides even after continual maintenance. Would never recommend an Eclipse product. Quality control is absolutely terrible and no warranty representation. I've grew up with RVing - over 50 yrs., family has owned multiply trailers, truck camper, motorhomes.. Worst manufacturer bar none....
- Dana, Colorado

2020-01-14 2012 Eclipse Stellar 24FB View Listings

Worse nightmare ever for 1st time owning an RV. Nothing but problems in & out. All material inside was week & breaking the couch & captain seats material all teared. The outside awning broke & vents weak & replaced. Generate gas pump replaced 3 times. The rear bearing & body suspension split in half & cracked. Poor material used for being a toy hauler. Not worth the 50k & still owe 20k & can't even use it.
- yolandamercado, California

2019-12-31 2015 Eclipse Stellar 28IBLG View Listings

I've had nothing but problems since I bought this junk trailer first time I took it out the awning blew off took 3 months to get it fixed then water damage down the sides because the back door was the wrong door. Now I'm using it for work and when it rains outside its raining inside and eclipse want honor any warranty. Long story short biggest pile of expensive crap ever do not recommend this to anyone.
- Rodney Bell, Wyoming

2019-11-03 2016 Eclipse Milan 22CKG View Listings

Biggest piece of junk on the road, I will never recommend any Eclipse model. Constantly repairing everything. The heater was just flopping around underneath the cabinet, repaired multiple broken pipes, the finish quality is horrible, I was finding empty water bottles and lunch wrappers stuffed in dead spaces behind the drawers. The frame for the drawers is flimsy due to the way they router water line from the water pump, still after 4 years getting sawdust into the lights due to lack of cleanup when cutting holes and I have also made numerous repairs to the electrical system. BUYER Beware.
- Paul, Arizona

2019-10-18 2018 Eclipse Attitude 32GSG View Listings

I should just list the things we haven't had issues with, that would be a short list. The problem is we like the trailer, we like the floor plan and we like what it should be. We know we will never get our money out of it because everyone seems to know how bad the quality is with the Attitudes. Eclipse lied about when it would be available. We had a trip planned that got cancelled because of no delivery. Then when it finally was delivered, 2 months late, we did not even get it home and the Frig Failed. It was 190 miles from the dealer home. 2 days later we took it back for the Frig. So lets see, it didn't have the heated enclosed tanks we ordered and still doesn't, the factory is just terrible about owning up to anything. The Furnace went out. The hot water heater went out. The roof seam at the front cap & the rear cap both leaked within 3 months. The large right side window leaks when it rains coming against that window. The vinyl on the two chairs is all cracked and peeling off the backing. The workmanship is absolutely horrible. I have spent hours rerouting hoses and wiring so it didn't fail. You cant get the cover off the propane tanks without scraping the front cap and leaving a big black mark on it. I had to replace the holding tank inside vents because they put the wrong type on and the tanks vented into the trailer, smelled great. The answer is always, "that's the 1st time we have ever seen that issue" Think twice actually 4 or 5 time before you buy an Attitude. All the faucets have failed, I have replaced them all.
- Bill Willison, Arizona

2019-10-01 2019 Eclipse Stellar 30KSG View Listings

like the trailer when we have it and it's not getting warranty work done. Getting fed up with the warranty department and how long it takes to get our basic parts! Me personally I make sure people know not to buy a stellar or eclipse because they don't make them like they should and they don't give two ****s about the trailer all they care about is making money. I am so sick and tired of not being able to go camping because they wont contact the dealer or give an eta on the parts. Do Not Buy This cheaply made junk definitely not worth $50,000 very unhappy with it considering its a brand new trailer. DO NOT BUY!!!!
- kim, Utah

2019-08-21 2017 Eclipse Stellar 25FB View Listings

I purchased a 2017 stellar toy hauler. The components are very cheap and the workmanship is the worst I have ever seen. The tires did not last but 5000 miles. The floor has large holes where the mechanical goes through and there was no attempt to seal the openings. There has been an ongoing mice problem due to the terrible workmanship and lack of quality control at the factory. The axles were way over greased and the brakes had grease all over the linings. The LCI parts are very cheap . I would not recommend buying a product made by Eclipse. At 35k for this trailer I am very disappointed in the lack of quality and construction put out by the manufacturer.
- Dean thomas, Nevada

2019-07-16 2018 Eclipse Attitude 27SA View Listings

Bought this brand new. Dealer made all sorts of promises. Worst piece of craftsmanship! EVERYRHING that could go wrong did,water heater, tv, sink, shower, a.c., couch and captain chairs,co2 detector at 2 am, decals...i could go on, but hope you get our point. Finding ANYONE who would work on it was even a worse nightmare. Wish we would of researched more.
- Debbi, Oregon

2019-04-21 2013 Eclipse Stellar 26FB View Listings

After 5 years of minimal use (maybe 3 trips per year longest trip was 225 miles oneway) trailer had to be totaled by insurance because frame had twisted and cracked. It finally let go on our last trip. The axles shifted, floor buckled, and the wheel wells pulled up off the floor. Called dealer which then called Eclipse. They told us to pay $1500 to tow to California and they would look at it. We were lucky we made it home no way would it tow to California from Phoenix. Needless to say we will never buy from Eclipse again and will keep anyone we know from doing the same.
- Keith Rapp, Arizona

2018-11-18 2018 Eclipse Stellar 19SB View Listings

BUYER BEWARE - Do not EVER buy one of these. See rollinboulders.com for a full review of these trailers, with pictures and video. You have been warned, do not EVER buy an Eclipse Recreational Vehicles Inc toy hauler!
- Rollin Blachurt, Arizona

2018-08-22 2017 Eclipse Altitude 2814SS View Listings

First as a RV owner I must admit that the RV shows great. It comes down to a few things that we all must be aware about, it doesn't matter how much you spend on these units units, you will continue to spend, spend and spend. In two years of ownership, I've had to replace: 1. All the LED ceiling lights. 2. Replaced all the stabilizers jacks. 3. Upgraded the axles and suspension system because of alignment issues. 4. Rewired the bunk bed motor. 5. Had to fix the kitchen sink that fell into the abyss. 6. Replaced all the brake system (s). All four wheels were over greased by the factory. I wondered why my brake controller was set too high. 7. Awning had to be replaced due to pulling away from rig. 8. Laid new flooring over theirs due to quality issues and tearing. 9. Flood lights need to be replaced (does anyone know what to order them from, maybe China?). It seems to me that manufactures should develop a quality assurance program for their units. I guess welcome to the money pit owners of America.
- Gary Richardson , California

2018-08-16 2011 Eclipse Attitude 25FS View Listings

I have owned a 2011 26fs for 7 years. Bought new. Within the first 6 months the window leaked in the front bedroom around the interior. Still on warranty, the window was removed and recaulked. Since then, the delamination has been a nightmare. The side walls on both sides show seperation, even though I maintain the roof and upkeep the heck out of it. I have owned a number of RVs and grew up with trailers, motorhomes, campers and toy haulers. Over 50 years of first hand experience. NEVER, have I had to deal with cuch issues. It has become a money pit.. Never would I buy or recommend an Eclipse product.. The quality control is terrible.. No excuse..
- dana cline, Colorado