Eclipse Evolution Reviews on RV Insider (1)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Eclipse Evolution RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

2020-08-23 2014 Eclipse Evolution 20FBS View Listings

My wife and I have been camping out of our Eclipse Evolution 2014 for 6 years and are currently on a 9 month trip around the US. While we like the camper for its design,spacious storage and high clearance, we have had several serious negative issues with it. The fiberglass exterior has been delaminating after only 3 years and is getting worse despite the fact that it has been covered over the winters.I am told there is no fix for this. One of the water tanks fell off in a City Market lot, and I had to hacksaw it off to fit it in the truck to have it welded back on. I looked at the welds on the other tanks, and they were very weak to non-existent, so I had them re-inforced as well. This camper was out of warranty as it had a previous owner for a few months. The camper was put together very shoddily with poor wormanship. The drain hose for the fridge wasn't daylighted out as it should have been since this fridge didn't have an evaporation pan and the water was puddling inside the access panel until I routed it out. There was no vent to the outside for the stovetop. The fumes in close quarters were overwhelming,until I removed the microwave, and put a direct to outside vent with fan in the microwaves place. Customer service is poor with this company,and it was extremely hard to get a service tech to answer. I would not recommend this camper to anyone.
- Paul Hanrahan, Colorado