East to West

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with East to West RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Trish Dalton from Utah says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2019 East to West Della Terra 25KRB View Listings

Bought this brand new in April 2019. Manufacturers and dealers all bragged about the high quality. Researched for over a year and thought this was the best trailer to fit our needs. Took the trailer out for its maiden voyage just this past weekend. 20 miles on the road and the insert trim piece on the front left side is shredding and flapping. Pulled to the side of the road collected it and through it in the back of the truck. Go to lower the stabilizing jacks and noticed the right back jack was all rust. It was painted but not primed. The whole jack has to be replaced. Wood in one of the “wardrobes” in the bedroom is completely split at the back of the wardrobe. The emergency window in the bedroom will not open. Even the service guy at the rv dealer couldn’t open it. Thank God we didn’t have a fire and needed to exit through the window. Corners of kitchen benches are worn through. Remember this is the first time we have taken this trailer out. With two adults!!! They pulled the vinyl too tight when they were assembling it. The kitchen window doesn’t fit properly with 1/4” gaps at the bottom of both corners. Bathroom faucet is crooked and completely off center. Other wooden areas of the trailer have fillers where they used poor quality wood or damaged in manufacturing. Enough said! I am so unhappy with the quality of this trailer I do not recommend it to anyone. 9 years of savings down the tube. After it’s maiden voyage we didn’t even bring it home. We took it right back to the dealer for repairs. With camping reservations this weekend the dealer will do what they can to repair it. Some of the repairs will get done. Others will have to wait. If I could I would try and get my money back.
- Trish Dalton, Utah

2021-08-16 2021 East to West Bella Terra 250BH View Listings

Bought new Oct 2020 from Byerly RV outside of St Louis, MO. 3rd unit from dealer. Love the RV. 1 minor issue, water leak around window, easily fixed with caulk. Otherwise very well built. Have taken on 3 long (15 hr) trips, tows well. Definitely recommend Byerly and Della Terra
- Mark, Missouri

2021-08-05 2021 East to West Silver Lake View Listings

I love this unit . It is so big and roomy . There is so much storage space . I have read other reviews that really are discouraging but I have had no problems. I have camped in the cold and in the heat and no issues .I got my trailer at Grander of Ciscero ,NY
- PAUL DAUDELIN, New York

2021-07-15 2021 East to West Alta 1280KIK View Listings

We looked many months for a new camper and the reviews were great except for a problem with the first ones of the undercarriage water problems. We spoke with Alta Regional Manager who assured us this was corrected by a splash plate on the 2021. Our Alta was delivered on 6/10/21. There were a couple minor issues which the owner corrected day of delivery. When loading we realized the beautiful layout - with so many drawers and cupboards was a joke. I should have pulled drawers out further and would have seen they were not very long or deep. We knew the two large kitchen cupboards would need some type of shelving unit. We checked the doors and found them difficult to open so we did not believe they would come open on trip. We left on June 18th and drove 3.5 hours to our camp site for the night. Upon opening the camper door we were shocked to find two cupboard doors wide open. We had placed on the top shelf our Krueg Coffee Maker smashed, Chopper cracked, Toaster handles trays off, and can opener twisted. Over $200. The large drawer across from island the bottom had fallen out and it took an hour to get the silverware out so we could close the drawer - totally useless. The other large drawer under refrigerator appears ready to break and there are only lt. weight fry pans in it. The glass top on the stove - all screws fell out of it - or weren't in it. The wall under the closet was lying against the bed with wires, hoses and pipes exposed. Saw dust, even after three weeks seeps out of walls and ducts. Toilet leaked around bottom, the hand held shower won't shut off. There is no calking between wall and shower base. Shower base not level and drains to left corner and water has to be soaked up by a towel. When tanks are almost 1/3 full all drains begin to smell of sewage. When grey tank empty still shows 1/3 full. The bed is high and the large hinges underneath are on backwards and can be felt through the piece of junk mattress. Only husband slept on after first night and he is not heavy and it has a large uncomfortable dent in it from shoulder. One window doesn't open and none of the screens fit properly and windows not double pane. We went from 80 one day to 39 that night and had ice on the LR window! The fireplace fan and temp is intermittent, as is the fan over the sink. The awning arm on the right, on a non windy day just went up causing a hole in the awning. We could not use it the 3 weeks we were gone. The quick connect on the outside shower wouldn't connect. The heat/AC vents can not be closed. While the bath and bedroom are sweltering sauna's the LR/Kitchen are cold. Almost a 10 degree difference. The thermostat in hallway is warmed or cooled by the bathroom/bedroom heat/cool thus it turns off. We were told the booster would get us TV and Radio - nope. Only if you are connected to WiFi at a campground. The slide outs inside/outside rubber mark the sides of slides and you have to go around inside/outside to pull them out. The jacks do not appear stable and one appears rusted. We have 28 issues and the trailer isn't 5 weeks old. We are now home and will be taking it 3.5 hrs to dealer. The dealer has been very nice and kind over the phone in assuring us it will all be taken care off. I trust them but they have to have approval from East to West on Warranty. Strongly advise if you are considering an East to West - or any lt weight newer camper - go buy a used one. In 25 years we had few issues with our Mallard and that was only after it was 20 years old. Never had a thing fall out of a cupboard. This is poorly built and more a Glamper's Camper than one built for actual campers!
- Linda Stakley, Michigan

2021-07-14 2019 East To West Silver Lake 31K3S View Listings

this RV was the best investment for a family of 5. it is spacious and gives privacy as well. easy to to, 15 minutes to set up and all storage space was enough to carry all we need for all trips we did. I can only recommend this trailer.
- Norman de Luca Monnerat Mahler, Florida

2021-07-11 2021 East to West Silver Lake View Listings

I love this trailer it is so spacious.We have used this unit continually since May 2021. Have had no problems of any kind . Tows easily ,set up is easy.the furnace keeps the unit very warm . Ac is great ,refrigerator is large .I give this unit 4 1/2 stars as I'm not fond of the detachable electric cord.
- SHEILA L DAUDELIN, New York

2021-07-04 2021 East to West Alta 2810KIK View Listings

We purchased this RV 3 months ago (May 2021) and so far it has been outstanding. We researched for 5 years, narrowing it down to three manufacturers until we were between the Alta and the Grand Design Imagine 2670MK, which is basically the same floorplan. Besides being $10K less, we appreciated the following difference compared to Grand Design: Azdel walls, the 12V fridge, a king-size mattress, the included standard solar panel, the solid 5-inch insulation roof, and the full aluminum frame. We were concerned about the R-values as Grand Design claims very good numbers, but to be honest, so far the Alta has survived the Texas heat; with 98F outside we had 76F in the living area and 64F in the room around 3 PM, which is really impressive. So far the support of East to West has been second to none. We had two minors issues, one of the slides needed a slide adjustment, and a dining table chair required to be replaced. Both issues were addressed to my satisfaction in a very short period of time. The construction quality is excellent but like any RV at this price range, few things are recommended to be upgraded. Things such as mattresses, tires, and perhaps the suspension are things to consider. For the mattress we bought a topper with good results. We have used the RV for 1000 miles with no issues with the tires but everybody recommends going with Goodyear Endurance. The amount of storage of this model is ridiculous. The drop frame gives you a huge amount of storage in the front, not to mention the drawers under the bed, the room closet. In the kitchen, there is plenty of storage. Maybe an area to improve is to have additional shelve inside the large cabinets, I built my own extra two shelves. Towing it has been very easy but I highly recommend a 3/4 ton truck, we use a RAM 2500 and do the job without any issues. The RV cargo capacity (CCC) is 2369 pounds compared with 1650 of the Grand Design, this was also another important factor, The interior decoration and colors are bright and elegant. The countertop of the kitchen and the desk is made of durable and good quality material, better than GD, however, the cabinetry of the GD looks more modern. In my opinion, one of the factors that made me consider Grand Design is their reputation for outstanding customer service, and because that is the market perception (and probably the reality) their price point is 8 to 10K higher, however, I can say without hesitation that East to West customer service experience has been superb, exceeding my expectation. I am a very satisfied East To West, Alta customer.
- Reinaldo Medina, Texas

2021-07-02 2020 East to West Della Terra 323QB View Listings

This has been a horrible experience,other than having a lot of room this RV is of extremely poor quality, water pipes leak,tanks leak, antenna doesn't work,tv has never been able to find a channel,king mattress is a joke,first time towed all the skirting tore and was falling off had to duct tape it together to make our destination,guess how much help we have received...you guessed it ZERO! 5 year warranty we purchased was a waste of money!
- Victor Young, Texas

2021-06-21 2021 East to West Silver Lake 31KBH View Listings

So, we bought this and have had many issues. 1st, kitchen sink drain plumbing leaked, I had to fix. 2nd, the front door lock hits the tin behind the strike plate, I had to fix. 3rd, the interior trim is all coming off, the cheap staples they use, it has been falling off. Some trim came off from the trip picking it up to setting it up and the RV resort only a hour away. 4th, exterior door trim, came loose and I had to fix. Also, the exterior decorative decals, bubbling and falling off. 5th, leak developed under bathroom sink, soaking the carpet next to the slide on the side of the wall, made me think the seal of the slide was leaking. Many inspections and tracking down issues, finally found the issue. 6th, the AC, if you are living in this thing be prepared for it to hit 90 every day.. EVERY SINGLE DAY in the summer. Buying a second unit, I hope it is prewired like I was told. Other issues, the jacks are garbage, the under edges of the table is sharp. Staples loose and dangle everywhere, my kids, wife and I have all been scratched or cut and end panels and trip come loose. Cheap underside coroplast is not held on well enough, come one, 20 extra washer head screws! Face frame drawer stretcher cleat came off when opening a drawer, the garbage corrugated fastener pulled right out, no glue, nothing holds the drawer in now. The spring/roller ball catch closer they use is too tight, you can feel every door and drawer trying to rip the cabinets apart trying to open them. The silicone caulking in the shower is the worst laziest work I have ever seen. The wall to the shower panel where the caulk is supposed to go is some places an inch above the seam, it is just a line of silicone on the wall, doing nothing at all. It is pathetic. ALL in all, if you are not handy and ready to do a lot of miscellaneous repair projects stay away. The rush to get these manufactured must be coupled with better quality control inspections.
- Angry Bill, Texas

2021-06-21 2020 East To West Della Terra 281BH View Listings

281BH East To West Della Terra This trailer is a LEMON. Everything is falling apart. Screws coming up through the floor in the kitchen. Slide fell apart. Took us 3 days to be able to get it to go back in. Screws coming off the frame of the trailer. Have had to tighten them after every trip. Water hoses not put on properly so we had a water leak when we turned on our pump. The pump is in a awkward place so you need to lay on the floor to get to it in a very small place. No easy access. The molding on the door frames and the closets is all falling off. The staples in the walls coming through. The fridge frame keeps coming apart. The molding on the walls is all falling off. Tried to talk to dealership and company and no one cares. Do NOT waste your money.
- Jacqueline Woolley, British Columbia

2021-06-09 2021 East to West Silverlake 27KNS View Listings

We purchased a brand new camper 2 weeks ago. We went to get it packed up for its maiden voyage and the refrigerator does not work. Called warranty did everything they said and still doesn't work. Called Camping World (affiliate to Gander) of which they won't help us one bit. We fully do not like the service and quality of this camper.
- Chris, Wisconsin

2021-06-04 2020 East To West Alta 2350KRK View Listings

We purchased our East to West trailer brand new in Canada, and like others, have had nothing but problems since owning it. It seems quality control is not done whatsoever at East to West. There were gouges in the linoleum floor under the slide out due to carpet staples that were shot through the plywood, on both sides of the slide out. The awning leaked directly above the rear door. The kitchen table is so wobbly and unstable it is virtually unusable. Trim pieces all around the trailer are popping off, faster than we can nail them back in. The electric stabilizer jacks stopped working on our second trip. Drawer slides that were not even screwed on. Door hinges missing screws. Plastic spacers on exterior doors also missing screws. The anode is missing from our hot water tank. The screen doesn't snap in to the largest window because the frame is bent. I'm not even mad anymore, I'm just amazed a product like this could be "made in America" and sold to suckers like me who believe that these companies care about their customers and products. Our dealership, Fraserway RV in the Yukon is doing what they can but they too are struggling to keep up with the repairs and to recoup the money from East to West.
- Lawrence, Yukon

2021-05-24 2021 East to West Tandara 320RL View Listings

Bought April 2, ‘21 I think it’s priced reasonable, love the interior design. They left adhesive stains all along the top by rain gutters and trim. Poorly inspected at factory. Camping world of New Braunfels Tx didn’t fix it either when prepped for delivery. Outdoor shower port coupler loose, so water filled back corner, soaked all the materials and ran out onto floor inside, now 6 weeks later (after connect was fixed) the floor creeks and sags, apparently damaged plywood under flooring. Right front leveling jack broken first weeklong trip we just took!! Weather strip seals on slide out are loose and slide down to ground while driving! Master closet clothes rod brace stripped screw holes not screwed into any frame just thin paneling. Same panel was falling down, again not attached to any frame. Was stapled. Radio had no power, outside tv would not channel scan. Panels by fender flares, broke frame and not properly reinforced with brackets looks horrible cheep poorly built driving on highway the panels are flopping around! Wires to slide outs and leveling jacks we’re hanging loose and subject to being damaged while traveling. Service tech at Camping World of Lubbock Tx has been very helpful. He said he’s been around RV’s a long time and most of time new ones have problems. Said its very rare for a new leveling jack to break. (Lucky me) To me the RV industry as a whole needs to step up and build better products, double check them before customers trust them on the road. Factories and Dealers.
- Robby, Texas

2021-05-18 2020 East to West Alta 2800KBH View Listings

Structure of the Alta line is good with aluminum framing, Azdel and drop frame chassis. Some product details are poor. No place to install DVD or Dish receiver. Hanging wardrobe doesn't work. Trim falling off due to not enough glue used. Barn door useless. Mattress is a joke. LED lights are very harsh and not dimmable. Dinette table very unstable. Must permanently attach to outside wall. Spare tire bracket cheap. Chinese tires susceptible to blowout. Cheap Dometic "Evolution" AC's installed ilo Coleman Mach. Water heater had bad thermostats and backflow valve installed backwards. E2W did reimburse me for remote rv tech bills. Live in your product first before selling to public.
- Eric Schrader, Florida

2021-05-06 2021 East to West Tandara 320RL View Listings

I have owned this RV for 2 1/2 weeks now and have had nothing but problems. The first day I had it the shower flooded the trailer. The shower door track was never siliconed and water flooded the bathroom and was leaking out of the pantry downstairs. The awning opened one time and now I can't get it open again. Keeps blowing fuses every time you try and open it. There is no radio antenna on the RV which makes the radio useless. Piece of molding fell off the bathroom wall the 3rd day we owned it. Sharp piece of metal on one of the recliners ripped the chair within a few days of owning it. Trailer layout is great but is built like garbage. The rubber seals around the bedroom slide are torn and split open. Black water flush not working. So many problems and was told by the dealer that I have to wait over three weeks for someone to come out and repair it. Overall I love the trailer layout and room, but the quality is poor to say the least. The only reason the driving / towing rating is 3 stars is because I don't tow it, its parked on a seasonal site.
- Mike, New Jersey

2021-04-23 2019 East to West Della Terra 29KRK View Listings

I first gave a review of my new RV in June 2019. The 3 issues I reported were #1 Kitchen sink stops draining after about 5 gallons, #2 Rear grey tank leaks, #3 Front diamond plate warped. Took the RV back to the dealer twice and they claimed they could not find the cause of any of my problems. I was not satisfied with this, so I had to look for the causes myself. Problem #1 and #2 were related issues, the sink drain was not routed properly and the pipe was pinched almost closed between the floor and frame causing water to stand in the pipe which leaked at poorly glued fittings. The under sink air vent did not vent enough air to allow for proper drainage when water was in the tank. I had to remove the nearly 6 feet of drain pipe and reroute and shorten it to about 3 feet to avoid the pinch location and had to install a secondary air vent pipe at the opposite end of the tank to allow air to vent which allows the sink to drain. Problem #3 was never fixed by the dealer, but I found the cause to be from the trailer tongue flexing while towing which pushed upward on the diamond plate causing the warp which in turn caused the silicone at the sides to split. So here we are April 2021 and only our 4th outing in the RV and new problem has started. The front grey tank now leaks. I will be taking a look MYSELF as the dealer was no help with my other issues.
- Dan, California

2021-03-21 2021 East to West Silverlake 27KNS View Listings

We love the 27KNS. The floor plan is perfect. Only change would be a queen bed for more walking room in bedroom. Plenty of living space for kids and dogs. Everything works great and no issues towing. Great camper! We are extremely happy with our purchase.
- Claudia Burke, Arizona

2021-03-08 2020 East To West Silver Lake 31K3S View Listings

We have owned our 2020 Beacon for just over 3 months. We Have and are continuing to experience issues with this coach. We are so disappointed in this so called Tiffin product. We would like to hear from others that are experiencing issues.
- Janet Robitaille, Arizona

2021-02-13 2020 East To West Silver Lake 27K2D View Listings

This is our first camper for the family of five and our dogs. We bought it last year and used it a lot in multiple 7-day trips to get out of the house. This trailer has nothing but fantastic. It's very roomy and setup is perfect We have a Ford F-150 Platinum pulling it and we don't even notice it's behind us we did upgrade to the no sway hitch and highly recommend that upgrade. Don't we issues we have is we don't like the plastic toilet seat so we are upgrading that this year and the jackknife couch is not very comfortable to relax and so we upgraded to two theater seating instead. To me those minimal upgrades is just our personal preferences too nothing to do with the trailer itself We've discussed it and really impressed with the company as whole and plan on buying our next month on this company.
- Nicole Cochran, Kansas

2021-01-11 2020 East to West Della Terra 261RB View Listings

We bought as new and liked the floor plan. Was told the quality was better than a standard base model. We traded in an other manufacturer's model which was the larger base model. The brand names were supposed to be better than our old trailer. Turns out the only difference was name not quality. We had a water leak, the toilet gasket was allowing the holding tank stink in the bathroom,wood buckled in places. Moldings that came off and the front of the couch fell off. The sliding door jumped off its track and had to be repaired while on trips twice by me. For the difference in price from my old Jayco, I wish I'd kept it. The dealer has had it going on 3 months and still haven't repaired the warranty issues. Who knows if they will in fact repair them.
- Blankenship, New Jersey

2020-11-20 2019 East to West Della Terra 29KRK View Listings

Where do I begin. We bought this RV (Forest River Della Terra 312BH) brand new off of the lot to live in while we tried to find a place we wanted to settle down; and it's been a nightmare ever since. Day 2, a gasket from the main slide began falling off on our trip, moving to Utah. Upon arriving in Utah, less than 3 months later, the floor is now peeling up; countless leaks under the kitchen sink and shower; the slide is jumping off of its track; the air conditioner keeps freezing up and stops working; we noticed a nail from the manufacturer sticking into the propane line under the RV; nearly all of the caulking is coming off of the RV, inside and out; leaks from the roof into the rv; plastic piece from window is coming off; the kitchen sink is falling through to the floor; kitchen drawer is broken; refrigerator won't keep food cool when its hot outside and so we have to keep ice packs in the fridge; had to change plastic toilet to a porcelain one; propane detector inside the RV doesn't work; plastic cap came loose from the back bumper and fell off of RV while towing the RV to Utah; grey 2 tank won't drain properly; master bedroom mattress is torn and so sunken in that you cannot sleep in it (that's even with adding multiple mattress toppers); Bluetooth system doesn't sync properly, etc, etc. I tried calling Forest River for months and received no call back. Finally, with a lawsuit threat, they called me back. I sent photos of the things we have been dealing with. Their response: "you can drop the rv off at a local dealer and pay the money out of pocket to fix all of these things, and we will reimburse you those thousands of dollars at some point in the future." That's on top of us having to pay for a place to live while they keep our RV for months. RV Warranties are a complete joke. I will never buy another RV again, especially not from Forest River, and I will steer everyone else clear of buying one as well. After speaking with many RV owners, they all say the same thing... that you are left on your own to do your own repairs. RV manufacturers couldn't give a care in the world about you. Why? Because they don't sell to the end user, they sell to dealers.
- Kevin, Utah

2020-10-17 2020 East To West Silver Lake 31K3S View Listings

We bought our 31K3S in July 2020 and so far we love it! The only issues we have had was one screw on the skirting came loose and had to be tightened and LED lighting strip above the couch/dinette had to be replaced as only half of it worked. The floor plan is great but it would be nice to have sliding doors on the bedroom and bunk house as all the open doors are in the way sometimes. We had to call a number of times and email a number of times to get anyone at Camping World in Springfield, IL to help us (my review for them would be 1 Star only). The travel trailer is good quality and is perfect for our family. We have the outdoor kitchen which is nice for the extra fridge space and not having to haul an extra grill around. The storage space is ample and the bunks are rated for 300 lbs so and wider than most bunks. The King size bed makes the master a bit cramped so we replaced it with a queen size and it gave us much more room to move around. It came with one air conditioning unit (in the bunk house at the other end of the tt from the master bedroom) and really it needs two in the middle of the summer and if you are at a site with little shade. Over all we would recommend this company and this camper, I would just go with a RV dealer that sells the Della Terra (same TT just different name when sold by other dealers. Silver Lake is branded exclusively for CW and Gander from what I'm told) and stay away from Camping World/Gander RV
- Jennifer Thomas, Illinois

2020-09-22 2020 East To West Silver Lake 27KNS View Listings

We were completely satisfied with the repair Tyler the tech CompletedWith Gander. Overall made us very happy and delighted to have our unit back. We are happy that is there is good customer support still. Thank you
- Dan Giovannetti, Virginia

2020-09-21 2020 East To West Silver Lake 31K3S View Listings

Have had multiple problem after problem. No support or communication from Gander. Black well leaks, front door jam busted, almost every piece of trimming has come undone, water leaks under sink, all with in the first two weeks of living in it. Absolutely no help from the (Hander) very disappointed and frustrated.
- Daniel, Virginia

2020-08-29 2020 East To West Silver Lake 31K3S View Listings

Seems to be going good so far. Trim has fallen off around front door. No big deal, was able to fix myself. Had a small plumbing issue that was resolved under warranty so no big deal there either. Everything else works as designed.
- Timothy Curtis, Virginia