East to West

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with East to West RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Trish Dalton from Utah says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2019 East to West Della Terra 25KRB View Listings

Bought this brand new in April 2019. Manufacturers and dealers all bragged about the high quality. Researched for over a year and thought this was the best trailer to fit our needs. Took the trailer out for its maiden voyage just this past weekend. 20 miles on the road and the insert trim piece on the front left side is shredding and flapping. Pulled to the side of the road collected it and through it in the back of the truck. Go to lower the stabilizing jacks and noticed the right back jack was all rust. It was painted but not primed. The whole jack has to be replaced. Wood in one of the “wardrobes” in the bedroom is completely split at the back of the wardrobe. The emergency window in the bedroom will not open. Even the service guy at the rv dealer couldn’t open it. Thank God we didn’t have a fire and needed to exit through the window. Corners of kitchen benches are worn through. Remember this is the first time we have taken this trailer out. With two adults!!! They pulled the vinyl too tight when they were assembling it. The kitchen window doesn’t fit properly with 1/4” gaps at the bottom of both corners. Bathroom faucet is crooked and completely off center. Other wooden areas of the trailer have fillers where they used poor quality wood or damaged in manufacturing. Enough said! I am so unhappy with the quality of this trailer I do not recommend it to anyone. 9 years of savings down the tube. After it’s maiden voyage we didn’t even bring it home. We took it right back to the dealer for repairs. With camping reservations this weekend the dealer will do what they can to repair it. Some of the repairs will get done. Others will have to wait. If I could I would try and get my money back.
- Trish Dalton, Utah

2021-06-21 2021 East to West Silver Lake 31KBH View Listings

So, we bought this and have had many issues. 1st, kitchen sink drain plumbing leaked, I had to fix. 2nd, the front door lock hits the tin behind the strike plate, I had to fix. 3rd, the interior trim is all coming off, the cheap staples they use, it has been falling off. Some trim came off from the trip picking it up to setting it up and the RV resort only a hour away. 4th, exterior door trim, came loose and I had to fix. Also, the exterior decorative decals, bubbling and falling off. 5th, leak developed under bathroom sink, soaking the carpet next to the slide on the side of the wall, made me think the seal of the slide was leaking. Many inspections and tracking down issues, finally found the issue. 6th, the AC, if you are living in this thing be prepared for it to hit 90 every day.. EVERY SINGLE DAY in the summer. Buying a second unit, I hope it is prewired like I was told. Other issues, the jacks are garbage, the under edges of the table is sharp. Staples loose and dangle everywhere, my kids, wife and I have all been scratched or cut and end panels and trip come loose. Cheap underside coroplast is not held on well enough, come one, 20 extra washer head screws! Face frame drawer stretcher cleat came off when opening a drawer, the garbage corrugated fastener pulled right out, no glue, nothing holds the drawer in now. The spring/roller ball catch closer they use is too tight, you can feel every door and drawer trying to rip the cabinets apart trying to open them. The silicone caulking in the shower is the worst laziest work I have ever seen. The wall to the shower panel where the caulk is supposed to go is some places an inch above the seam, it is just a line of silicone on the wall, doing nothing at all. It is pathetic. ALL in all, if you are not handy and ready to do a lot of miscellaneous repair projects stay away. The rush to get these manufactured must be coupled with better quality control inspections.
- Angry Bill, Texas

2021-06-21 2020 East To West Della Terra 281BH View Listings

281BH East To West Della Terra This trailer is a LEMON. Everything is falling apart. Screws coming up through the floor in the kitchen. Slide fell apart. Took us 3 days to be able to get it to go back in. Screws coming off the frame of the trailer. Have had to tighten them after every trip. Water hoses not put on properly so we had a water leak when we turned on our pump. The pump is in a awkward place so you need to lay on the floor to get to it in a very small place. No easy access. The molding on the door frames and the closets is all falling off. The staples in the walls coming through. The fridge frame keeps coming apart. The molding on the walls is all falling off. Tried to talk to dealership and company and no one cares. Do NOT waste your money.
- Jacqueline Woolley, British Columbia

2021-06-09 2021 East to West Silverlake 27KNS View Listings

We purchased a brand new camper 2 weeks ago. We went to get it packed up for its maiden voyage and the refrigerator does not work. Called warranty did everything they said and still doesn't work. Called Camping World (affiliate to Gander) of which they won't help us one bit. We fully do not like the service and quality of this camper.
- Chris, Wisconsin

2021-06-04 2020 East To West Alta 2350KRK View Listings

We purchased our East to West trailer brand new in Canada, and like others, have had nothing but problems since owning it. It seems quality control is not done whatsoever at East to West. There were gouges in the linoleum floor under the slide out due to carpet staples that were shot through the plywood, on both sides of the slide out. The awning leaked directly above the rear door. The kitchen table is so wobbly and unstable it is virtually unusable. Trim pieces all around the trailer are popping off, faster than we can nail them back in. The electric stabilizer jacks stopped working on our second trip. Drawer slides that were not even screwed on. Door hinges missing screws. Plastic spacers on exterior doors also missing screws. The anode is missing from our hot water tank. The screen doesn't snap in to the largest window because the frame is bent. I'm not even mad anymore, I'm just amazed a product like this could be "made in America" and sold to suckers like me who believe that these companies care about their customers and products. Our dealership, Fraserway RV in the Yukon is doing what they can but they too are struggling to keep up with the repairs and to recoup the money from East to West.
- Lawrence, Yukon

2021-05-24 2021 East to West Tandara 320RL View Listings

Bought April 2, ‘21 I think it’s priced reasonable, love the interior design. They left adhesive stains all along the top by rain gutters and trim. Poorly inspected at factory. Camping world of New Braunfels Tx didn’t fix it either when prepped for delivery. Outdoor shower port coupler loose, so water filled back corner, soaked all the materials and ran out onto floor inside, now 6 weeks later (after connect was fixed) the floor creeks and sags, apparently damaged plywood under flooring. Right front leveling jack broken first weeklong trip we just took!! Weather strip seals on slide out are loose and slide down to ground while driving! Master closet clothes rod brace stripped screw holes not screwed into any frame just thin paneling. Same panel was falling down, again not attached to any frame. Was stapled. Radio had no power, outside tv would not channel scan. Panels by fender flares, broke frame and not properly reinforced with brackets looks horrible cheep poorly built driving on highway the panels are flopping around! Wires to slide outs and leveling jacks we’re hanging loose and subject to being damaged while traveling. Service tech at Camping World of Lubbock Tx has been very helpful. He said he’s been around RV’s a long time and most of time new ones have problems. Said its very rare for a new leveling jack to break. (Lucky me) To me the RV industry as a whole needs to step up and build better products, double check them before customers trust them on the road. Factories and Dealers.
- Robby, Texas

2021-05-18 2020 East to West Alta 2800KBH View Listings

Structure of the Alta line is good with aluminum framing, Azdel and drop frame chassis. Some product details are poor. No place to install DVD or Dish receiver. Hanging wardrobe doesn't work. Trim falling off due to not enough glue used. Barn door useless. Mattress is a joke. LED lights are very harsh and not dimmable. Dinette table very unstable. Must permanently attach to outside wall. Spare tire bracket cheap. Chinese tires susceptible to blowout. Cheap Dometic "Evolution" AC's installed ilo Coleman Mach. Water heater had bad thermostats and backflow valve installed backwards. E2W did reimburse me for remote rv tech bills. Live in your product first before selling to public.
- Eric Schrader, Florida

2021-05-06 2021 East to West Tandara 320RL View Listings

I have owned this RV for 2 1/2 weeks now and have had nothing but problems. The first day I had it the shower flooded the trailer. The shower door track was never siliconed and water flooded the bathroom and was leaking out of the pantry downstairs. The awning opened one time and now I can't get it open again. Keeps blowing fuses every time you try and open it. There is no radio antenna on the RV which makes the radio useless. Piece of molding fell off the bathroom wall the 3rd day we owned it. Sharp piece of metal on one of the recliners ripped the chair within a few days of owning it. Trailer layout is great but is built like garbage. The rubber seals around the bedroom slide are torn and split open. Black water flush not working. So many problems and was told by the dealer that I have to wait over three weeks for someone to come out and repair it. Overall I love the trailer layout and room, but the quality is poor to say the least. The only reason the driving / towing rating is 3 stars is because I don't tow it, its parked on a seasonal site.
- Mike, New Jersey

2021-04-23 2019 East to West Della Terra 29KRK View Listings

I first gave a review of my new RV in June 2019. The 3 issues I reported were #1 Kitchen sink stops draining after about 5 gallons, #2 Rear grey tank leaks, #3 Front diamond plate warped. Took the RV back to the dealer twice and they claimed they could not find the cause of any of my problems. I was not satisfied with this, so I had to look for the causes myself. Problem #1 and #2 were related issues, the sink drain was not routed properly and the pipe was pinched almost closed between the floor and frame causing water to stand in the pipe which leaked at poorly glued fittings. The under sink air vent did not vent enough air to allow for proper drainage when water was in the tank. I had to remove the nearly 6 feet of drain pipe and reroute and shorten it to about 3 feet to avoid the pinch location and had to install a secondary air vent pipe at the opposite end of the tank to allow air to vent which allows the sink to drain. Problem #3 was never fixed by the dealer, but I found the cause to be from the trailer tongue flexing while towing which pushed upward on the diamond plate causing the warp which in turn caused the silicone at the sides to split. So here we are April 2021 and only our 4th outing in the RV and new problem has started. The front grey tank now leaks. I will be taking a look MYSELF as the dealer was no help with my other issues.
- Dan, California

2021-03-21 2021 East to West Silverlake 27KNS View Listings

We love the 27KNS. The floor plan is perfect. Only change would be a queen bed for more walking room in bedroom. Plenty of living space for kids and dogs. Everything works great and no issues towing. Great camper! We are extremely happy with our purchase.
- Claudia Burke, Arizona

2021-03-08 2020 East To West Silver Lake 31K3S View Listings

We have owned our 2020 Beacon for just over 3 months. We Have and are continuing to experience issues with this coach. We are so disappointed in this so called Tiffin product. We would like to hear from others that are experiencing issues.
- Janet Robitaille, Arizona

2021-02-13 2020 East To West Silver Lake 27K2D View Listings

This is our first camper for the family of five and our dogs. We bought it last year and used it a lot in multiple 7-day trips to get out of the house. This trailer has nothing but fantastic. It's very roomy and setup is perfect We have a Ford F-150 Platinum pulling it and we don't even notice it's behind us we did upgrade to the no sway hitch and highly recommend that upgrade. Don't we issues we have is we don't like the plastic toilet seat so we are upgrading that this year and the jackknife couch is not very comfortable to relax and so we upgraded to two theater seating instead. To me those minimal upgrades is just our personal preferences too nothing to do with the trailer itself We've discussed it and really impressed with the company as whole and plan on buying our next month on this company.
- Nicole Cochran, Kansas

2021-01-11 2020 East to West Della Terra 261RB View Listings

We bought as new and liked the floor plan. Was told the quality was better than a standard base model. We traded in an other manufacturer's model which was the larger base model. The brand names were supposed to be better than our old trailer. Turns out the only difference was name not quality. We had a water leak, the toilet gasket was allowing the holding tank stink in the bathroom,wood buckled in places. Moldings that came off and the front of the couch fell off. The sliding door jumped off its track and had to be repaired while on trips twice by me. For the difference in price from my old Jayco, I wish I'd kept it. The dealer has had it going on 3 months and still haven't repaired the warranty issues. Who knows if they will in fact repair them.
- Blankenship, New Jersey

2020-11-20 2019 East to West Della Terra 29KRK View Listings

Where do I begin. We bought this RV (Forest River Della Terra 312BH) brand new off of the lot to live in while we tried to find a place we wanted to settle down; and it's been a nightmare ever since. Day 2, a gasket from the main slide began falling off on our trip, moving to Utah. Upon arriving in Utah, less than 3 months later, the floor is now peeling up; countless leaks under the kitchen sink and shower; the slide is jumping off of its track; the air conditioner keeps freezing up and stops working; we noticed a nail from the manufacturer sticking into the propane line under the RV; nearly all of the caulking is coming off of the RV, inside and out; leaks from the roof into the rv; plastic piece from window is coming off; the kitchen sink is falling through to the floor; kitchen drawer is broken; refrigerator won't keep food cool when its hot outside and so we have to keep ice packs in the fridge; had to change plastic toilet to a porcelain one; propane detector inside the RV doesn't work; plastic cap came loose from the back bumper and fell off of RV while towing the RV to Utah; grey 2 tank won't drain properly; master bedroom mattress is torn and so sunken in that you cannot sleep in it (that's even with adding multiple mattress toppers); Bluetooth system doesn't sync properly, etc, etc. I tried calling Forest River for months and received no call back. Finally, with a lawsuit threat, they called me back. I sent photos of the things we have been dealing with. Their response: "you can drop the rv off at a local dealer and pay the money out of pocket to fix all of these things, and we will reimburse you those thousands of dollars at some point in the future." That's on top of us having to pay for a place to live while they keep our RV for months. RV Warranties are a complete joke. I will never buy another RV again, especially not from Forest River, and I will steer everyone else clear of buying one as well. After speaking with many RV owners, they all say the same thing... that you are left on your own to do your own repairs. RV manufacturers couldn't give a care in the world about you. Why? Because they don't sell to the end user, they sell to dealers.
- Kevin, Utah

2020-10-17 2020 East To West Silver Lake 31K3S View Listings

We bought our 31K3S in July 2020 and so far we love it! The only issues we have had was one screw on the skirting came loose and had to be tightened and LED lighting strip above the couch/dinette had to be replaced as only half of it worked. The floor plan is great but it would be nice to have sliding doors on the bedroom and bunk house as all the open doors are in the way sometimes. We had to call a number of times and email a number of times to get anyone at Camping World in Springfield, IL to help us (my review for them would be 1 Star only). The travel trailer is good quality and is perfect for our family. We have the outdoor kitchen which is nice for the extra fridge space and not having to haul an extra grill around. The storage space is ample and the bunks are rated for 300 lbs so and wider than most bunks. The King size bed makes the master a bit cramped so we replaced it with a queen size and it gave us much more room to move around. It came with one air conditioning unit (in the bunk house at the other end of the tt from the master bedroom) and really it needs two in the middle of the summer and if you are at a site with little shade. Over all we would recommend this company and this camper, I would just go with a RV dealer that sells the Della Terra (same TT just different name when sold by other dealers. Silver Lake is branded exclusively for CW and Gander from what I'm told) and stay away from Camping World/Gander RV
- Jennifer Thomas, Illinois

2020-09-22 2020 East To West Silver Lake 27KNS View Listings

We were completely satisfied with the repair Tyler the tech CompletedWith Gander. Overall made us very happy and delighted to have our unit back. We are happy that is there is good customer support still. Thank you
- Dan Giovannetti, Virginia

2020-09-21 2020 East To West Silver Lake 31K3S View Listings

Have had multiple problem after problem. No support or communication from Gander. Black well leaks, front door jam busted, almost every piece of trimming has come undone, water leaks under sink, all with in the first two weeks of living in it. Absolutely no help from the (Hander) very disappointed and frustrated.
- Daniel, Virginia

2020-08-29 2020 East To West Silver Lake 31K3S View Listings

Seems to be going good so far. Trim has fallen off around front door. No big deal, was able to fix myself. Had a small plumbing issue that was resolved under warranty so no big deal there either. Everything else works as designed.
- Timothy Curtis, Virginia

2020-08-16 2021 East to West Bella Terra 250BH View Listings

Just bought after having many rv’s over my 30 years of Rv-Ing. Read the reviews before purchasing And for the $ hands down Best Buy. I’ve never had any brand that hasn’t had an issue. We loved the outdoor kitchen, king bed, powder coated frame and especially the bigger refrigerator that can’t be found within the competitions price point. First trip out had little to no issues but did opt for the dealers sway bar option to be added that helped with minimizing the road vibrations for the trailer that we knew would lead to several issues posted in other reviews.
- Robin, Missouri

2020-07-21 2020 East To West Silver Lake 27KNS View Listings

We just bought our 27KNS a couple weeks ago. We have had multiple issues with this camper. First issue we can barely open the camper door! The door when we got it home would not lock so we had to bring it back the second day to have that fixed. I was told after attempting to fix it that we might need a new door. The second problem is water started leaking from under the sink, finally got that fixed on my own because dealer was not much help at all. The other leak we also had was coming from the back of the toilet. The last thing was a propane tank I was giving leaked propane out when you turned it on. I would make sure to check everything really good before you buy this product! This was my first camper and I am really disappointed in how this camper has been so far. To make matters worse Gander RV in Mn was not very helpful though out the whole process! Buyer think twice before purchasing!
- Chris Cummings, Minnesota

2020-05-19 2020 East To West Silver Lake 29K2S View Listings

bought the camper in August 2019. Took it out once and found major major problems. Took it in to be fixed and they had it for about 2 months. Been sitting all winter. Getting ready to camp now and the trailer has a major water leak. Dining room table is wet, carpet on that side is drowned and a river on the linoleum. Trying to get it fixed and no one will call us back. Neither gander mountain or east to west will call us back and they never answer when we do get through. Do not buy anything from them. Know we never will. What a waste of $40,000
- Barbara Leukhardt, Ohio

2020-05-03 2020 East to West Della Terra 271BH View Listings

We love our new East to West. We looked for months and found the perfect floorplan a perfect dealership. Love the King Bed and Four Seasons. Strongly recommend you consider East to West, way more stand equipment than others in the class and superior build quality.
- Stacy Clark, Missouri

2020-01-28 2019 East to West Della Terra 27K2D View Listings

Overall I am really happy with this TT. I LOVE the pantry and overall storage in the unit. Although the king bed is highly desirable, I cut down the platform and put my own queen mattress in. The king mattress was comfortable but I decided I could use the extra side space for clothes - I am a full timer. I did have a couple of warranty items but waited until summers end to get them fixed. My dealer was wonderful about fixing them. I did call a dealer near my campground for one concern and they declined to help stating I had to have warranty work done where I purchased. I’ve heard complaints about this from all RVers with multiple brands so it is not specific to this company.
- Julie Llewellyn , Wisconsin

2019-11-21 2019 East to West Della Terra 27KNS View Listings

Wow. I have been looking at travel trailers for 5 years and I thought that the best looking travel trailer for me would be the East to West 27 KNS. But after reading about so many people that have had bad experiences with the East to West company warranty. Especially the guy who started having problems with his travel trailer after only driving 20 miles. Well now I am going to look at a different brand.
- John, California

2019-08-15 2019 East to West Della Terra 29K2S View Listings

After we finally did get the trailer in our possession, it has been one thing after another regarding repairs including: fuses that kept blowing when trying to put tip out in, a bent scissor jack, a damaged water heater door, propane tanks not adequately secured resulting in them almost falling off mid drive, the front section of the couch falling off, a faulty battery that would not hold charge resulting in us needing to purchase a new one (note: no issues after getting new battery), multiple outlets not working, tv and radio not working, and the list continues. After reaching out about these repairs, some were addressed while others were left and dismissed. To have this many issues with a brand new trailer is disappointing (over a course of only 11 weeks), but to have poor customer service regarding them is even more so. To be told that repairs may not be successful is a cause for concern. To be told that the warranty would cover even the smallest thing has proven to be untrue.
- Dorothy Winterburn, Ontario