East to West Della Terra Reviews on RV Insider (7)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with East to West Della Terra RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Trish Dalton from Utah says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2019 East to West Della Terra 25KRB View Listings

Bought this brand new in April 2019. Manufacturers and dealers all bragged about the high quality. Researched for over a year and thought this was the best trailer to fit our needs. Took the trailer out for its maiden voyage just this past weekend. 20 miles on the road and the insert trim piece on the front left side is shredding and flapping. Pulled to the side of the road collected it and through it in the back of the truck. Go to lower the stabilizing jacks and noticed the right back jack was all rust. It was painted but not primed. The whole jack has to be replaced. Wood in one of the “wardrobes” in the bedroom is completely split at the back of the wardrobe. The emergency window in the bedroom will not open. Even the service guy at the rv dealer couldn’t open it. Thank God we didn’t have a fire and needed to exit through the window. Corners of kitchen benches are worn through. Remember this is the first time we have taken this trailer out. With two adults!!! They pulled the vinyl too tight when they were assembling it. The kitchen window doesn’t fit properly with 1/4” gaps at the bottom of both corners. Bathroom faucet is crooked and completely off center. Other wooden areas of the trailer have fillers where they used poor quality wood or damaged in manufacturing. Enough said! I am so unhappy with the quality of this trailer I do not recommend it to anyone. 9 years of savings down the tube. After it’s maiden voyage we didn’t even bring it home. We took it right back to the dealer for repairs. With camping reservations this weekend the dealer will do what they can to repair it. Some of the repairs will get done. Others will have to wait. If I could I would try and get my money back.
- Trish Dalton, Utah

2020-11-20 2019 East to West Della Terra 29KRK View Listings

Where do I begin. We bought this RV (Forest River Della Terra 312BH) brand new off of the lot to live in while we tried to find a place we wanted to settle down; and it's been a nightmare ever since. Day 2, a gasket from the main slide began falling off on our trip, moving to Utah. Upon arriving in Utah, less than 3 months later, the floor is now peeling up; countless leaks under the kitchen sink and shower; the slide is jumping off of its track; the air conditioner keeps freezing up and stops working; we noticed a nail from the manufacturer sticking into the propane line under the RV; nearly all of the caulking is coming off of the RV, inside and out; leaks from the roof into the rv; plastic piece from window is coming off; the kitchen sink is falling through to the floor; kitchen drawer is broken; refrigerator won't keep food cool when its hot outside and so we have to keep ice packs in the fridge; had to change plastic toilet to a porcelain one; propane detector inside the RV doesn't work; plastic cap came loose from the back bumper and fell off of RV while towing the RV to Utah; grey 2 tank won't drain properly; master bedroom mattress is torn and so sunken in that you cannot sleep in it (that's even with adding multiple mattress toppers); Bluetooth system doesn't sync properly, etc, etc. I tried calling Forest River for months and received no call back. Finally, with a lawsuit threat, they called me back. I sent photos of the things we have been dealing with. Their response: "you can drop the rv off at a local dealer and pay the money out of pocket to fix all of these things, and we will reimburse you those thousands of dollars at some point in the future." That's on top of us having to pay for a place to live while they keep our RV for months. RV Warranties are a complete joke. I will never buy another RV again, especially not from Forest River, and I will steer everyone else clear of buying one as well. After speaking with many RV owners, they all say the same thing... that you are left on your own to do your own repairs. RV manufacturers couldn't give a care in the world about you. Why? Because they don't sell to the end user, they sell to dealers.
- Kevin, Utah

2020-05-03 2020 East to West Della Terra 271BH View Listings

We love our new East to West. We looked for months and found the perfect floorplan a perfect dealership. Love the King Bed and Four Seasons. Strongly recommend you consider East to West, way more stand equipment than others in the class and superior build quality.
- Stacy Clark, Missouri

2020-01-28 2019 East to West Della Terra 27K2D View Listings

Overall I am really happy with this TT. I LOVE the pantry and overall storage in the unit. Although the king bed is highly desirable, I cut down the platform and put my own queen mattress in. The king mattress was comfortable but I decided I could use the extra side space for clothes - I am a full timer. I did have a couple of warranty items but waited until summers end to get them fixed. My dealer was wonderful about fixing them. I did call a dealer near my campground for one concern and they declined to help stating I had to have warranty work done where I purchased. I’ve heard complaints about this from all RVers with multiple brands so it is not specific to this company.
- Julie Llewellyn , Wisconsin

2019-11-21 2019 East to West Della Terra 27KNS View Listings

Wow. I have been looking at travel trailers for 5 years and I thought that the best looking travel trailer for me would be the East to West 27 KNS. But after reading about so many people that have had bad experiences with the East to West company warranty. Especially the guy who started having problems with his travel trailer after only driving 20 miles. Well now I am going to look at a different brand.
- John, California

2019-08-15 2019 East to West Della Terra 29K2S View Listings

After we finally did get the trailer in our possession, it has been one thing after another regarding repairs including: fuses that kept blowing when trying to put tip out in, a bent scissor jack, a damaged water heater door, propane tanks not adequately secured resulting in them almost falling off mid drive, the front section of the couch falling off, a faulty battery that would not hold charge resulting in us needing to purchase a new one (note: no issues after getting new battery), multiple outlets not working, tv and radio not working, and the list continues. After reaching out about these repairs, some were addressed while others were left and dismissed. To have this many issues with a brand new trailer is disappointing (over a course of only 11 weeks), but to have poor customer service regarding them is even more so. To be told that repairs may not be successful is a cause for concern. To be told that the warranty would cover even the smallest thing has proven to be untrue.
- Dorothy Winterburn, Ontario

2019-06-07 2019 East to West Della Terra 29KRK View Listings

This is my first new RV. Bought it in April. Overall style, design, color scheme, floorplan, and ammenities are all great at a decent price. Here are some issues: #1-after about 5 gallons of water drained from the kitchen sink the drain stops draining. #2-Then the rear gray water holding tank leaks somewhere near the inlet from the kitchen sink drain. #3-the diamond plate aluminum across the front of the coach is warped and became more warped as I traveled and the silicone seal at the edge has now split. I will be taking it back to the dealer and will post an update on the cause of these problems and how they are repaired.
- Dan, California