Dutchmen Voltage Triton Reviews on RV Insider (4)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Dutchmen Voltage Triton RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Larry E. from California says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2018 Dutchmen Voltage Triton 3561 View Listings

2018 Dutchmen/Keystone Voltage Triton 3561 Toy Hauler. Overall like the trailer. What I don't like is that the ramp broke while loading my 2019 Can Am X3 Two Seater. The ramp is rated at 3000# based on what the manufacturer told me. I had to get a certified weight for the Can Am in my discussions with the manufacturer. It came in at 1780 #. We bought the trailer from La Mesa RV. When I brought it to their attention La Mesa said it was a manufacturer issue and washed their hands of it. NOT GOOD! In contacting the manufacturer, which is now KEYSTONE, they told me to get a certified weight of the Can Am which I did. They have delayed, delayed and delayed. They have done NOTHING. A ramp built to 3000# and cracks at less than 1500# is a manufacturers DEFECT and should be covered. Both La Mesa RV and Keystone do not back their products and I STRONGLY suggest all BUYERS stay away from doing business with them. I have turned it over to my insurance company. Please tell all of your camping friends, do NOT recommend Keystone RVs nor La Mesa RV.
- Larry E., California

2021-04-05 2019 Dutchmen Voltage Triton 3531 View Listings

My experience has not been good. In the first couple of days the heater quit, and since the dealer where I bought the trailer was over 300 miles away I called Keystone and they said I could have my local RV repair shop fix it, they found oil in the gas pipe that did not get removed after the pipe threading process. When I sent the bill to Keystone they said they would not reimburse me because the pipe could not have oil in the pipe because the heater uses propane gas. After several phone calls Keystone finally reimbursed me the $122.00. The hot water board failed, and one of the fresh water tanks started to leak. Keystone said I could get warranty repair at any Keystone dealer, but I tried several dealers and they told me to take it back to where I bought it. I did finally did find someone 100 miles away to fix it, but it took a week until Keystone decided to send a new fresh water tank. the tank was installed, and the control board for the hot water tank. Thinking I was good to go I hauled my trailer home(100 miles) and parked my trailer. First thing in the morning I went out to unhook the truck from the trailer I found that the fresh water tank was leaking, so another 1oo miles back to the repair shop to drop the trailer off. The next day the repair shop called and said vent port was not welded in good and they offered to weld it which I agreed to so I could get my trailer done. The repair was completed, and back home. With 400 miles on my truck and trailer, and about 300 dollars in fuel we could go camping again. All good now right? Maybe not. When we would get in the shower and shut the water off at the shower head and soap up, and turn the valve back on the water was scalding hot. Given my experience of dealing with Keystone trying to get warranty I decided to fix it myself which I did by installing a check valve in the cold water line to the shower control valve. Now in Feb.21 the second fresh water tank developed a leak, so again I decide to fix it while we were on a trip. I took the leaking tank out and found the drain port had not been welded well to the tank, so I took it to a repair shop in Arizona where they said they could weld it. It took them 5 days to get to it, and when I picked it up I told them It did not look good. They said they checked it and it was good so I put it in and it leaked, I called to tell them and they said just bring it back and they weld it again but I said forget it. I am currently working with a dealer to buy a new fresh water tank from Keystone,(not on warranty since I tried to have it welded). Also I found stress cracks on the gusset plates on the frame which I repaired myself. And finally, after trying to get warranty (like pulling teeth), I decided to try to get a refund on the extended warranty I purchased for $3000 dollars, I am still working on that. So beware, when you buy a new trailer it may not be all that you hoped for. Hope you have better luck than I did, and if you can find a used trailer that someone else fixed all the problems, you might be better off.
- terry, California

2021-01-03 2018 Dutchmen Voltage Triton 3561 View Listings

Bought the trailer new the heater didn't work after pulling ing 100 miles to my deer lease. The dealership Explorer FT.Worth said the wiggle and giggle of the road sometime throws things out of wack.? Not supposed to move? Why the wheels? Said it was fixed sent it back. Never worked correctly so I took it back again. They couldn't find an issue. Hauled it to Yellowstone. No heat at 22 deg. Took it back they blamed 3000 mi and the propane from up north? again it has wheels. Propane is propane. Repaired myself, repairing a loose wire in control box. Landing gear won't lift trailer. Took it over twice for them to not find an issue both times. Today I had to lift it manually with a truck jack as I extended the legs.For the third time. Drawers falling apart had to repair personally. Top bunk in garage wouldn't work gear box rod came out. Then I had to adjust cause the pins would not go in. Now he latest the awning that has only been out twice is falling off. I was told we use the trailer too much.? Again it has axles, wheels, tires. I assume its to be used. 20,000 miles over 2 years is not that much. POS?
- Joe Eades, Texas

2020-10-08 2020 Dutchmen Voltage Triton 3531 View Listings

We bought the voltage feb. 2020 and before we left the lot, noticed things that needed repair; scratch on window, crack in toilet bowl, dried glue in sink, wall seam separating. We were told it all would be warrantied. Then we saw loose trim, loose cabinet, faulty drawer, leaking lower compartment. Took it back for the warranty work , on the way the fireplace fell out, then were told the company denied our window repair so our dealer told us it would be best if we contacted the company directly; they replaced the window. 4 months later, went to pick it up and husband noticed it had been hit and damaged while it was in the shop and no one noticed! So he left it there so they could repair the damage. Good thing we cancelled our vacation in June because it wasn’t ready anyway. September husband took it out for a weekend. When we were packing to go and opened the slide, the whole length of carpet beside bed was wet. Exterior paint smeared, black stop coming loose, and black panel buckling. While he was gone, he noticed more problems. AC wouldn’t shut off, drawer wouldn’t stay shut,loose trim, broken wood around fireplace, same seam not smooth, same compartment leaking,etc. We have had trouble with middle jacks-we had to call 3rd party for help as dealer wasn’t able to help us- problem with hitch- clunking. Voltage back to the shop again end of September and today is oct. 8. Supposed to have a rep from keystone go check it out. We have not been able to really use it . Very poor quality, workmanship. Very unhappy , dissatisfied. My husband did like the shower and the bed, and microwave. Like the floor plan and happy to have big fridge , cabinet in bathroom and 2nd toilet.We had a very difficult time with the 3 steps, the first step comes to my knee , it really should have a 4th. I wish the top bed above couch could come down lower than it does. Kitchen cabinet corners stick out too much. This brand new unit should mot have this many issues Right now I just have bad feelings and don’t know if I will ever enjoy it. Unfortunately, Not worth the money; poor quality. Probably would not recommend the store or this particular model.
- Leslee nace, South Carolina