Dutchmen Kodiak Ultimate

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Dutchmen Kodiak Ultimate RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Rayleen Hall from Washington says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2018 Dutchmen Kodiak Ultimate 2711BS View Listings

I bought this trailer in March 2018. Biggest mistake of my life. I am stuck with the a lemon. From the first day I brought it home things have been breaking. For the first year of ownership I was able to camp twice and the rest of the time it's been in the shop. The table bed collapsed, the trim from ALL parts of the trailer has fallen off. The refrigerator didnt work. The microwave didnt work. The water heater needed fixing. The slide needed repair. The biggest problem that still exists is the heater intermittently working. I bought the trailer to be used in the winter months. I've only been able to use it once so far and the heater quit working on that trip too. (Yes there is propane) it will click like it wants to work but not ignite although the stove does. We've gotten no help despite having video evidence of what it is doing. It is now late Oct 2019. I've been able to use this money pit a total of 4, FOUR times. It spends longer at the dealers than my home. Do not buy new trailers. I was told at the dealers all the manufacturers were just pumping them out to meet demand and letting the warrenty take care of things after. Buy before 2017 is what I was told.
- Rayleen Hall, Washington

2021-09-14 2017 Dutchmen Kodiak Ultimate 240BHSL View Listings

Overall it was a great experience.It does exactly what I expected and it is a very comfortable coach. I would recommend Dutchman to any one looking for adventure. I pull it with my new Ford Ranger, with a is with a 4 cylinder ecoboost. Is the trailer with the load leveling and is leveling and with anti-sway system is great.
- Earl E. Villard, Nevada

2021-08-05 2016 Dutchmen Kodiak Ultimate 240BHSL View Listings

The Kodiak 240BHSL is a wonderful RV for a couple, or a family. It has a nice spacious floorplan with a U shaped dinette and double bunk beds if needed. The kitchen and bathroom are very functionable. Overall this RV has a great floorplan, is easy to tow, and will fit into most campsites which is a great plus. Aluminum frame, fiberglass siding, and a fiberglass cap make this RV stand out in both value and presence.
- Michael P Mizrahi, California

2021-07-22 2018 Dutchmen Kodiak Ultimate 2711BS View Listings

If you ever come across the Kodiak ultimate model 2711 BS, turn the other direction and run like hell. This is got to be the poorest design worst slap together piece of garbage I've ever owned of a trailer. My sister found this trailer first and left it because of the storage she and Ford my wife of the storage and my wife fell in love with the storage as soon as you saw this trailer I have since disowned my sister. You can bet that whatever goes wrong with my sister's trailer will go wrong with my trailer. At least they have consistent crappy workmanship. We've had just about every piece of trim on this trailer come off. Just like my sister's trailer they had a couple of rollers come off and they put them on some new ones to novale the shower door and completely come off and now they store it on the bed. The exact same thing happened to us and now we still are shower doors on the bed and we're on vacation we went and bought just curtains shower curtains. My sister's kitchen sink sprayer had to be replaced My brother-in-law is a plumber and he had one hell of a time and such a tight spot now he only has one item that he liked about this trailer The automatic jacks. He had his kitchen table bed splendor apart and someone's sleeping on it and they were not fat or big or wait a lot so I did the repair that he did to make sure that did not happen to me. The drawers are coming constantly coming open and drink traveling Even though we make sure we shut them completely. Half the time they come out and they're stuck open and it takes a few minutes to get them back in. I can still see daylight out through my screen door when it shut and the top right corner and we hand that same problem with the door that you could literally see outside finally after three times in the shop we got it fixed but we still have that gap in the screen door so the mosquitoes and All the other pests can come and join us. My wife is complaining that it was cold on her side of the bed I told her that I could not feel the cold. We were up in Canada with a 1° weather and we had ice forming on the inside walls and the inside window on her side for the bed. A few days later I had my foot on the heat register and there was no heat coming out. It seems someone at the factory did not put in the bolts and a tank fell onto the ductwork there by cutting off the heat in our bedroom. What else. My sisters has had the wallpaper pill off the wall. Both of our bedroom doors the screws have come out of the ceiling that holds the framework. It's not screwed into anything in the ceiling because they put so many screws in there they were just hoping that it would hold.
- David Christensen, Colorado

2021-07-11 2019 Dutchmen Kodiak Ultimate 3211RLSL View Listings

Purchased new april 2021. First camping trip 7/7/21 to Paducah, KY where purchased waiting on help with service issues that was dealer mess ups on delivery. We have three slides and the main slide has just dropped a piece of trim. Also there is all kinds of insulation hanging below floor level under trailer, snaps to both pocket doors were are backyards and we ended up with damage to both doors by the time we drove nine hours home, valve for blackwater had no handle and it leaks and having issues with door closing without having to pull/push hard to catch and stay closed. At this point we are more frustrated with dealership will see if other issues arise. Haven't attempted to use warranty yet.
- Edward Gaulrapp, Illinois

2021-05-17 2018 Dutchmen Kodiak Ultimate 2711BS View Listings

I LOVED all the storage available! I also liked the outside fridge, it was my husband's beer fridge. My husband and I lived in it full time. It was good toeing, but we couldn't go over 65mph or the camper would sway, even with the sway bar hitch.
- Rebecca Duvall, Oklahoma

2021-04-13 2017 Dutchmen Kodiak Ultimate 291RESL View Listings

We had to have a new floor put in under warranty work. It went to Goshen, when we got it back it had several things wrong with it. First the tire rack and cover were missing, there was a dent in the ceiling, the linoleum has a tear in it,part of the decal was ripped, the body had a dent in it,then we found a gap between the wall and the floor you can see daylight through, the wires to the solar plug was cut. We contacted Dutchmen about the gap and the solution they gave to the dealer was to fill it with caulk and flooring tape. This is not an acceptable solution. What will keep animals from eating through this or the body pulling even farther away from the frame. We did buy this camper new in 2019 and when not in use it is stored under a carport.I would not recommend buying anything from this company based on this experience. Dutchman did not put my camper back together correctly and I expect them to fix it correctly.
- Pam Jackman, Indiana

2020-07-29 2018 Dutchmen Kodiak Ultimate 330BHSL View Listings

Read before your purchase!!!! In 2017 I purchased a 2018 Dutchman Kodiak ultimate. I paid $40000 for this camper. From the moment I took it off the lot and set it up for the very 1st time I have had nothing but problems out of this camper. From faucets leaking, Trim falling off, Bunk beds breaking (70 lb children, 300lb limit), Water heater issues, And now my current most devastating problem. My slide in my kitchen, Got stuck out halfway after making a loud grinding sound. I called the local RV mechanic to help. What had happened is the cables from the pulley system On my slide were crossed, Therefore every time my slide was let out they were rubbing. They rubbed in till they frayed. Therefore causing my slide to get stuck. I had to pay to have the cables removed and my slide manually put out. Now my slightest out for good. In the meantime, The technician that took out the cables realized that the floor was soft over there. Mind you the slide is up against a wall where you would not normally walk or stand. So we did not notice it. We went into further investigation and realized that the bunkhouse floors are soft as well, Which is on the other side of the wall that I was just speaking of. After dealing with the dealership and the Kodiak warranty department, They are not going to fix this issue. Their words are, You should have done a maintenance. This is a maintenance problem not a Manufacturers problem. So, The person that twisted the cables installing the slide, which did not let the slide come out all the way, Which we did not know about, We thought it was out all the way, Didn't realize that they had twisted the cables and not that's could be a problem? Also being overlooked by the inspector at the dealership? Now it's my problem. I should have had maintenance done. So having maintenance done would have noticed the twisted cables? Like the other 2 people involved in handling my camper noticed? So the maintenance Tech would have noticed as well? No, he would NOT have noticed because the slide is up against a wall!!!! The only person who would have noticed this is the person that put it together!! And didn't care that he or she messed up! It's not Their camper to deal with right? So why worry about it? I Would like everyone to share my story and pass the word: KEYSTONE DOES NOT BACK THEIR PRODUCT!!! Therefore remember that when you decide to go camper shopping and see how beautiful they are in the beginning, Then you set it up and realize it's a piece of junk, With the big price tag and pretty lights.
- Amber Staten, Ohio

2020-06-16 2020 Dutchmen Kodiak Ultimate 2922FKDS View Listings

GANDER RV OF ATLANTA REVIEW 2/29/2020: It starts with a salesperson who is completely "illiterate" about the product he is selling but has a number to meet and tells you what he knows you want to hear, or thinks he knows what you want to hear! About the only honest or knowledgeable words that came out of the salesman's mouth were that it had four tires and a spare. He enjoyed telling us of the 55" TV (Actually a 40") and the “overall” 29' length of the RV (It was a model "2921" so it must be...right...WRONG, it is 33' - 7" long!" 29’ IS THE BODY ONLY!) Sadly, I could go on and on but thankfully we knew the "facts" of the Trailer we were looking at before we purchased so BUYER BEWARE AND KNOWLEDGEABLE BEFORE DIGESTING ANYTHING THEY SAY regarding anything on or in the RV! 3/3/2020: A few days later (Weather was horrible that week and I needed another truck to safely tow my new RV) doing my PDI, I saw the salesperson and he just looked at me and walked on. (Truly, I was just a number!) Now onto the Service Department, kinda like "Military Intelligence" it does not exist, except to get you “over the curb” and off of their lot. YOU NEED TO BRING A PDI FORM WITH YOU (I have one if you need it) and be sure YOU operate EVERYTHING AND UNDERSTAND EVERYTHING. I messed up by being impatient with their illiteracy regarding my RV so I bum-rushed him and got out of there knowing that with the manuals I could figure it all out. WRONG: THERE WERE DEFECTS IN CRAFTSMANSHIP! (95% of my Appliances and installed products were not given to me) Once you “Get over the curb” it becomes another trip back to the Dealer AND a Warranty issue! I bought an Equalizer hitch also and the Snap-up lever tool was not even put in the RV. (You MUST HAVE THIS TOOL sometimes when connecting to your tow vehicle!) (Later note: They installed the Equalizer Hitch improperly also) JUNE 16, 2020 SUMMATION EDIT DUE TO CHARACTER LENGTH RESTRICTION: Both Gander RV of Atlanta and Dutchman (Keystone, Thor Industries) are vastly beneath sub-par in their customer service and overall delivery of a satisfactory product. I still do not have an ETA for the completion of my RV and I have no confidence that any items will actually be repaired plus the RV will be filthy as every time before. Did I mention the dirty dark fingerprint smudges on “ALL” of my AC ceiling vents? STAY AWAY FROM THIS DEALER, drive to another State if you have to for an RV, but please stay away from this sham of a Dealer.
- Ron Smith, Georgia

2019-05-11 2018 Dutchmen Kodiak Ultimate 295TBHS View Listings

The Kodiak Ultimate triple bunk system was perfect for my traveling family of 4 who becomes 6 when the kids are home from college. Easily towable, push button level system and smart system wired. Perfect for summer or winter camping and pulls easily down the road.
- Jennifer Gaul, Colorado

2019-04-10 2017 Dutchmen Kodiak Ultimate 279RBSL View Listings

Great rig for our family. We really enjoyed this trailer. Easy to tow, nice kitchen island, big shower, the auto leveling feature is great! The InCommand system is really cool too as you can control your slides and lights, plus monitor your levels remotely on your phone via bluetooth. Nice work Dutchmen!
- Matt Molzan, Washington

2019-02-06 2017 Dutchmen Kodiak Ultimate 291RESL View Listings

This travel trailers and the inside and the outside of the trailer is awesome very light to pull family and kids love to go to national parks we take this trailer everywhere we go enjoying it you should buy one
- Jeff J Anderson, New Mexico