Dutchmen Kodiak Ultimate Reviews on RV Insider (6)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Dutchmen Kodiak Ultimate RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Jeff J Anderson from New Mexico says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Dutchmen Kodiak Ultimate 291RESL View Listings

This travel trailers and the inside and the outside of the trailer is awesome very light to pull family and kids love to go to national parks we take this trailer everywhere we go enjoying it you should buy one
- Jeff J Anderson, New Mexico

2020-07-29 2018 Dutchmen Kodiak Ultimate 330BHSL View Listings

Read before your purchase!!!! In 2017 I purchased a 2018 Dutchman Kodiak ultimate. I paid $40000 for this camper. From the moment I took it off the lot and set it up for the very 1st time I have had nothing but problems out of this camper. From faucets leaking, Trim falling off, Bunk beds breaking (70 lb children, 300lb limit), Water heater issues, And now my current most devastating problem. My slide in my kitchen, Got stuck out halfway after making a loud grinding sound. I called the local RV mechanic to help. What had happened is the cables from the pulley system On my slide were crossed, Therefore every time my slide was let out they were rubbing. They rubbed in till they frayed. Therefore causing my slide to get stuck. I had to pay to have the cables removed and my slide manually put out. Now my slightest out for good. In the meantime, The technician that took out the cables realized that the floor was soft over there. Mind you the slide is up against a wall where you would not normally walk or stand. So we did not notice it. We went into further investigation and realized that the bunkhouse floors are soft as well, Which is on the other side of the wall that I was just speaking of. After dealing with the dealership and the Kodiak warranty department, They are not going to fix this issue. Their words are, You should have done a maintenance. This is a maintenance problem not a Manufacturers problem. So, The person that twisted the cables installing the slide, which did not let the slide come out all the way, Which we did not know about, We thought it was out all the way, Didn't realize that they had twisted the cables and not that's could be a problem? Also being overlooked by the inspector at the dealership? Now it's my problem. I should have had maintenance done. So having maintenance done would have noticed the twisted cables? Like the other 2 people involved in handling my camper noticed? So the maintenance Tech would have noticed as well? No, he would NOT have noticed because the slide is up against a wall!!!! The only person who would have noticed this is the person that put it together!! And didn't care that he or she messed up! It's not Their camper to deal with right? So why worry about it? I Would like everyone to share my story and pass the word: KEYSTONE DOES NOT BACK THEIR PRODUCT!!! Therefore remember that when you decide to go camper shopping and see how beautiful they are in the beginning, Then you set it up and realize it's a piece of junk, With the big price tag and pretty lights.
- Amber Staten, Ohio

2020-06-16 2020 Dutchmen Kodiak Ultimate 2922FKDS View Listings

GANDER RV OF ATLANTA REVIEW 2/29/2020: It starts with a salesperson who is completely "illiterate" about the product he is selling but has a number to meet and tells you what he knows you want to hear, or thinks he knows what you want to hear! About the only honest or knowledgeable words that came out of the salesman's mouth were that it had four tires and a spare. He enjoyed telling us of the 55" TV (Actually a 40") and the “overall” 29' length of the RV (It was a model "2921" so it must be...right...WRONG, it is 33' - 7" long!" 29’ IS THE BODY ONLY!) Sadly, I could go on and on but thankfully we knew the "facts" of the Trailer we were looking at before we purchased so BUYER BEWARE AND KNOWLEDGEABLE BEFORE DIGESTING ANYTHING THEY SAY regarding anything on or in the RV! 3/3/2020: A few days later (Weather was horrible that week and I needed another truck to safely tow my new RV) doing my PDI, I saw the salesperson and he just looked at me and walked on. (Truly, I was just a number!) Now onto the Service Department, kinda like "Military Intelligence" it does not exist, except to get you “over the curb” and off of their lot. YOU NEED TO BRING A PDI FORM WITH YOU (I have one if you need it) and be sure YOU operate EVERYTHING AND UNDERSTAND EVERYTHING. I messed up by being impatient with their illiteracy regarding my RV so I bum-rushed him and got out of there knowing that with the manuals I could figure it all out. WRONG: THERE WERE DEFECTS IN CRAFTSMANSHIP! (95% of my Appliances and installed products were not given to me) Once you “Get over the curb” it becomes another trip back to the Dealer AND a Warranty issue! I bought an Equalizer hitch also and the Snap-up lever tool was not even put in the RV. (You MUST HAVE THIS TOOL sometimes when connecting to your tow vehicle!) (Later note: They installed the Equalizer Hitch improperly also) JUNE 16, 2020 SUMMATION EDIT DUE TO CHARACTER LENGTH RESTRICTION: Both Gander RV of Atlanta and Dutchman (Keystone, Thor Industries) are vastly beneath sub-par in their customer service and overall delivery of a satisfactory product. I still do not have an ETA for the completion of my RV and I have no confidence that any items will actually be repaired plus the RV will be filthy as every time before. Did I mention the dirty dark fingerprint smudges on “ALL” of my AC ceiling vents? STAY AWAY FROM THIS DEALER, drive to another State if you have to for an RV, but please stay away from this sham of a Dealer.
- Ron Smith, Georgia

2019-10-18 2018 Dutchmen Kodiak Ultimate 2711BS View Listings

I bought this trailer in March 2018. Biggest mistake of my life. I am stuck with the a lemon. From the first day I brought it home things have been breaking. For the first year of ownership I was able to camp twice and the rest of the time it's been in the shop. The table bed collapsed, the trim from ALL parts of the trailer has fallen off. The refrigerator didnt work. The microwave didnt work. The water heater needed fixing. The slide needed repair. The biggest problem that still exists is the heater intermittently working. I bought the trailer to be used in the winter months. I've only been able to use it once so far and the heater quit working on that trip too. (Yes there is propane) it will click like it wants to work but not ignite although the stove does. We've gotten no help despite having video evidence of what it is doing. It is now late Oct 2019. I've been able to use this money pit a total of 4, FOUR times. It spends longer at the dealers than my home. Do not buy new trailers. I was told at the dealers all the manufacturers were just pumping them out to meet demand and letting the warrenty take care of things after. Buy before 2017 is what I was told.
- Rayleen Hall, Washington

2019-05-11 2018 Dutchmen Kodiak Ultimate 295TBHS View Listings

The Kodiak Ultimate triple bunk system was perfect for my traveling family of 4 who becomes 6 when the kids are home from college. Easily towable, push button level system and smart system wired. Perfect for summer or winter camping and pulls easily down the road.
- Jennifer Gaul, Colorado

2019-04-10 2017 Dutchmen Kodiak Ultimate 279RBSL View Listings

Great rig for our family. We really enjoyed this trailer. Easy to tow, nice kitchen island, big shower, the auto leveling feature is great! The InCommand system is really cool too as you can control your slides and lights, plus monitor your levels remotely on your phone via bluetooth. Nice work Dutchmen!
- Matt Molzan, Washington