Dutchmen Kodiak RVs Reviews (31)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Dutchmen Kodiak RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Bill Middleton from Ontario says:

Have you owned any Dutchmen Kodiak RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Dutchmen Kodiak 283BHSL View Listings

Quite possibly the biggest mistake I've ever made. Hot water heater didn't work first time out, trim items falling off in several places, and now my foot is falling through the floor beside the bed. All considered "not manufacturer defect" by Keystone of course. The dealer even told me they don't enter claims for half the things they fix because the company simply won't pay. How is a sinking floor in a unit that has been used four weekends not a defect? The door sill moves up and down, there are creases in the vinyl that are going to tear very soon, and a half inch drop from one end of a 2' level to the other - "normal condition" says the manufacturer. Looked at 17 other trailers, not one of them has this problem. Three RV dealers have looked at it, including where I bought it, and all agree this is not normal. My guess is that an employee screwed up the floor, installed a patch and hoped nobody would ever notice. Sadly my warranty ends in October, so I'm sure they're hoping I'll just go away. NOT GONNA HAPPEN! I didn't pay $30k for a piece of crap.
- Bill Middleton, Ontario

2019-10-26 2018 Dutchmen Kodiak 299BHSL View Listings

This camper is only a year old and I am totally disgusted with the manufacturing of it!!! I totally love the floor plan. Took it on the first camping trip and had to bring it back for a leak in the roof. Now it is leaking in the bathroom. When we took the skylight down...you can clearly see this has been leaking for a very long time. The screws are rusted, the insulation foam is so nasty and brown, and the skylight cover is corroded!! The table leans, the 2 jackknife sofas can only sleep one person because the back is about 3 inches higher than the seat. The roof is warranted but not the caulking...which if not put on right and there is a spot where you can see it wasn't. Who would of ever thought to check this on a brand new camper. When you pay $26K for something you expect it be better made than this. When I went back to dealer it's..."You need to check this every 3 months or so....SORRY I CALL BS!!!
- Cheryl Rome, Louisiana

2019-08-22 2020 Dutchmen Kodiak 289BHSL View Listings

Very pleased with our Kodiak 289BHSL. Have not had any issues as of yet, and by looking at reviews it looks like many of the issues customers had were prior to the company partnering with Keystone RV. I can say I am a happy customer and an experienced RVer. With many past experiences with other manufacturers, our Kodiak has been the best in terms of quality. They are made by human hands and minor flaws are to be expected in RV's. We are understanding of that, and have had absolutely no issues. I think part of what people should look at is the dealer they purchase from. That can make all the difference in the world when you buy from a good manufacturer and dealership. We are very pleased.
- Mitchell Smith, Indiana

2019-08-13 2017 Dutchmen Kodiak 255BHSL View Listings

This is the first new RV I have purchased. Never imagined that I would be back to dealer with so many warranty issues on a new unit (Western RV was awesome about all the repairs). On top of many small issues such as leaking low point water valve, missing blind brackets, button snap door screws falling out of door I had some big issue. Main problems included separating sidewall (rain entry point) from molding along front cap on 3 separate occasions which was finally resolved by installing bigger molding. Also main floor to frame bolts being stripped loose. Cheap, improperly galvanized screws rusting and falling off along underbelly. Vinyl floor was turning fluorescent yellow in several places. Speaking with other new RV owners not sure any other brands are much better given they all use the same components. Other new RV seem to also have these issues and if I find a brand that does not, I will be sure to buy from them next time.
- Patrick Klassen, Alberta

2019-06-27 2012 Dutchmen Kodiak 284BHSL View Listings

I would not recommend this rv to anyone. the interior materials are not of good quality and the cabinets are poorly constructed. The floor plan is good, but the seals on the out side are not good do to allowing water in an resulting in delamination. The adhesive in the walls will fail do to temperature changes Thor manufacture will not stand behind this, so the cost which can cost many thousands will be on you.
- David Bryan, New York

2019-06-20 2014 Dutchmen Kodiak 263RLSL View Listings

Do not buy !! We did a lot of research before buying and didn’t matter had trailer less than 2 years before front of trailer started separating cause rain coming in had heater problem now less then 5 years later it leaks on both sides coming in cabinets are falling apart we babied this thing and it’s a piece of crap will never ever buy another kodiak so buyers beware!!!!
- Lisa spence, Colorado

2019-03-30 2017 Dutchmen Kodiak 291RESL View Listings

This is our second RV, started out with a Coleman Lantern. Upgraded to the Kodiak Ultimate. We have had a few issues with the trim not being attached securely but nothing my husband could not fix. We love the size and kitchen counter space. There is adequate storage throughout. We have upgraded the mattress which was great for a better night's rest and the shower head. We replaced the dining chairs for benches we bought at RC Willey that have storage. This is our second season and we go a lot, up Idaho mountains and down. Pulls nice with Ford F-150, my husband did add air lift suspension to the truck for an easier pull. Haven't had to use the factory warranty or support so no comment on that.
- Candace Johnston, Idaho

2019-03-22 2018 Dutchmen Kodiak 283BHSL View Listings

Without a doubt the absolute WORST customer service from any product I have ever purchased by their staff in Goshen, Indiana. Save your money and your sanity. People in their customer service department like Alicia, Candy, and Tom don't seem to care. Their Product Manager will not take any responsibility for the defects in the manufacturing or the product they produce. It is very easy to hide behind their phone and not resolve the issues. I have been fighting for more than 1 and 1/2 years to resolve warranty issues. We are now at another dealer trying to resolve the problems that are being continually delayed and argued with regarding water leaks, covering up water damaged material with diamond plating, holes in mattresses from the factory, unfinished trim, cracked and split trim, drawers that don't fit, thermostats that don't work, etc. What a great company, not.
- Mark Bianchi, Illinois

2019-02-01 2018 Dutchmen Kodiak 201QB View Listings

We bought the Kodiak 201QB a little more than one year ago and we are very happy with the choice. So far we had no troubles and we camp once a month. Great indoor kitchen with enough counter space, spacious bathroom, and a very comfortable bed. We made a few modifications such as replacing the dinette table legs with a folding table mechanism, replacing the TV attachment with a system to lower the TV and added additional privacy to the bathroom door.
- Alberto, Washington

2019-01-10 2013 Dutchmen Kodiak 292TQB View Listings

This the cheapest most poorly constructed RV I have ever lived in. It is in most ways made to look good but is cheap, cheap. You do not find out until you live in it about the lack of insulation, bad wiring and general lack of thought that shows intention to make a much money as they can for the least money spent. Beware of all you have to do trying to make it livable including your costs to do so
- Tanya Wooden, Washington

2019-01-07 2013 Dutchmen Kodiak 292TQB View Listings

I currently have this RV. Nice layout other than the Bedroom because of the way bed is installed. Main issues are manufacturer cuts away needed support for the shower pan. I wish lower Happijac bed in garage folded flat to the wall. It is either a bench or a bed making it somewhat difficult for hauling. I had to completely remove one half of the lower bench/bed for my golfcart. Tows great with the Equalizer Hitch. Have to say that I overly happy with my camper
- Chuck , Virginia

2018-10-05 2018 Dutchmen Kodiak 283BHSL View Listings

Used twice since purchase in March of 2018. On second trip, sliding door track came out of ceiling. NO stud in ceiling to screw it back in to. Water heater wire nuts were loose and had melted wires and nuts. Wouldn't work. Ceiling way in front bedroom. Of course no ceiling studs to hand ceiling from. Fascia piece not cut to right size on slide out causing it to hit entertainment center and creating havoc on molding and partially pulling from ceiling. Wall paneling to long causing it to buckle at power outlet. Batten strips not nailed and too long having to be pulled loose and re-cut. No backer behind paneling where "mount TV Here" stickers are located. Pull paneling to backers in. Paneling too long at entertainment center, Remove and cut and replace.Furnace recall. Refrigerator has to be unscrewed from floor to be unable to unplug it. No switch to turn off and on when not in use when you leave camper plugged in. Overall not much support from Dutchmen other than it should be approved to repair in 48 hours. Been at dealer for more than 2 months still waiting. Not started repairs yet. Warranty will be up before able to use gain. Stay away
- Dave, North Carolina

2018-09-08 2014 Dutchmen Kodiak 291RESL View Listings

Bought second hand last summer. Looked like new on the inside. Loved the living area. This summer I have had trouble with both slides. The electric cord burnt out. Wonder it didn't catch on fire. Now I have a problem with the black. Whole underbelly has to be stripped off to find the problem. May have to get new tank. This job could cost about $6000. I am not a happy camper. Didn't realize it was made by Dutchman until after I had it bought. I've heard Dutchman does not make a quality trailer. Time Dutchman to start making reliable products.
- Lorna Young , Newfoundland

2018-07-19 2018 Dutchmen Kodiak 233RBSL View Listings

Traded our 2012 Winnabego View Profile in because of maintenance costs. We loved our View but was just to expensive to maintain so we decided to downgrade to a travel trailer. We looked at a lot of product and finally decided to go with the Kodak Express. Big mistake. Several issues have come up since we made the purchase. There were several cosmetic issues with it before we brought it home. The dealer took care of all of those issues and we brought it home. After bringing it home we decided we would christen it by taking out for its first road trip. Everything went well on the first night out but then on the second day the nightmare started. On the second day we set up at our camp site then went inside to get things set up in there. At that point all hell broke loose. The slide out made a loud squealing sound as it was extended and it vibrated like it was on a road full of chuck holes. We did get it out but we should have realized that was a sign of things to come. After that we were setting up in the bedroom only to find out that it was leaking like crazy above the bed. We eventually had to buy a tarp to cover the whole front end of the trailer. That was a fiasco and a whole nuther story. So we got it covered and after an hour or so the leaking stopped and we were able to dry things up and change bedding so we could use the bed to sleep. And it just kept coming. When my wife opened the closet door in the bathroom and the whole door fell off. Then I went to put something in the drawer in the same area the drawer came off the drawer guides and I was unable to get it to stay. So we had to pack everything up and head home early. I did call the dealer and of course there was nothing they could do for us. So on the way home we dropped it off at the dealer to get all the issues taken care of. After all the problems were addressed we brought it home and parked it until we were getting to take it out again. Reservations made we started loading it up and testing everything. I rolled out the awning and it made a funny noise as it was going out so I had my wife start to roll the awning back in while I watched to see where the noise was coming from. Well as soon as she hit the in switch the motor side of the awning came completely apart and came down a hit me smack in the head. Still waiting for parts to repair it. Needless to say we are not happy with the manufacturer. We will see where this goes from here.
- Jack, Washington

2018-07-16 2014 Dutchmen Kodiak 263RLSL View Listings

I own a 2014 kodiak. A had to make a repair on the front cap. After removing the insert trim I was shocked to see that the cap did not go all the way to the side wall. There was a space just under one inche.Whick allowed water to get in And delaminate the cap. I wrote dutchmen a e mail Thier reply. It’s out of warranty. I know it’s out of warranty. I wrote to show them the bad workmen ship. And to let a trailer Leave in that condition. They make junk Don’t buy keystone or Dutchmen trailers Don’t throw your hard earned money away
- Joseph Toth, Florida

2018-06-27 2014 Dutchmen Kodiak 291RESL View Listings

I bought this new in Jan 2014 No problems until i find out the slide outs have been leaking since day one and i didn't find until this year. The seals were not installed correctly and of course the manufacture will not cover....
- Slideout, Pennsylvania

2018-06-03 2014 Dutchmen Kodiak 223RBSL View Listings

Bought this in 2014 new. For this e love of god. Dont buy this piece of Junk.... My advise. Do lots of research and dont buy anything made by dutchmen. The factory will blame you for everything that goes wrong with it.
- Joe. F., Montana

2018-05-18 2013 Dutchmen Kodiak 279RBSL View Listings

Great floor plan with kitchen and living room slide outs. Had problems from the start. Living room slide leaked and the kitchen slide as well. I replaced both skylights , kitchen and bath, as both cracked and leaked. Complained to Thor about them and they did nothing. Had to replace drawer slides due to misaligned install at factory caused ball bearings to fail. Had to replace the radio as it quit working shortly after warranty expired. Sold in 2017.
- Retireditguy, Virginia

2018-03-26 2017 Dutchmen Kodiak 291RESL View Listings

So, we purchased a 2017 291 RESL Kodiak by Dutchman 7 months ago, we fell in love with the color scheme. Contemporary Black and Grey, The Living room, Kitchen and Bedroom are very specious. The only problem we have with our purchase is the self leveling stabilizing jacks. We have taken the trailer out 6 times since the purchase late last year, and the jacks have worked twice. We have taken it to the dealership, only to find out they no longer carry Dutchman. This past weekend we took it out and once again the jacks did not work. I was reading and found a article regarding resetting the jacks, so we tried it and dit worked. My advise is to do some reasearch when it comes to the technology that is being used.
- F.Ayala, Texas

2018-03-09 2017 Dutchmen Kodiak 246BHSL View Listings

We purchased our kodiak trailer at a toronto on rv show from dealer in peterborough. There were a few deficiencies when we picked it up and they were noted. Trim falling off, holes in the couch armrest to name just a few. Lovesick lake sales centre will do nothing about it. Even though they took pics. Very disappointed. Was a big mistake to purchase this!!!
- KATHY SPEAR, Ontario

2018-03-09 2017 Dutchmen Kodiak 246BHSL View Listings

WE PURCHASED OUR KODIAK TRAILER AT A TORONTO ON RV SHOW FROM DEALER IN PETERBOROUGH. THERE WERE A FEW DEFICIENCIES WHEN WE PICKED IT UP AND THEY WERE NOTED. TRIM FALLING OFF, HOLES IN THE COUCH ARMREST TO NAME JUST A FEW. LOVESICK LAKE SALES CENTRE WILL DO NOTHING ABOUT IT. EVEN THOUGH THEY TOOK PICS. VERY DISAPPOINTED. WAS A BIG MISTAKE TO PURCHASE THIS!!!
- KATHY SPEAR, Ontario

2017-09-23 2015 Dutchmen Kodiak 220RBSL View Listings

Nothing but trouble with our Kodiak travel trailer since we bought it. Leaks like crazy, had to pull off whole front in to reseal and fix a leak, wallpaper peeling, trim falling off. Replaced awning motor, replaced Drain in shower, busted due to no support under it, had to reinforce add support so doesn't bust when stepped on, Replaced bath and Kitchen faucets do to leaks, replace shower head due to leaked, Table had to be weld leg and fix, spose to be a bed but my son can't even use it, very uncomfortable and table so poorly made doesn't hold weight. Have a drawer that wont stay closed (need to fix that) and guess what I have a new leak this year, after pulling out for the summer found the whole back end is delaminating due to a leak somewhere most likely in the roof (again) Loved the look and layout of this camper that is what made us buy it new had it special ordered with extra features for us. This was our 2nd camper purchased moving up from a popup we had for years. Very displeased in this camper, I hope this helps other avoid the Kodiak series or maybe it is dutchman all together.
- Chris, Indiana

2017-09-19 2013 Dutchmen Kodiak 279RBSL View Listings

We are very disappointed in the quality of this camper. We purchased it second hand. It looked to Be in great condition as it was virtually unused by the previous owners. As soon as we started using it things started falling apart. The screws holding up the blinds are so short that the blinds started falling off. The shower door fell apart. The sliding door to bedroom Won't open or close. The air conditioner comes on when you turn on the furnace. The couch is so hard and uncomfortable that no one can sit on it for long. The camper did not come with instructions on how to set anything. Everyday there is a new problem.
- Kristine johnson, Saskatchewan

2017-08-04 2015 Dutchmen Kodiak 291RESL View Listings

This trailer was purchased new and has had so many problems it is hard to list them all. I have had to have the front panel replaced twice, once under warranty and once out of pocket. The dealer who did the first replacement did not properly seal the front panel to the roof so I had a leak which destroyed the front of the camper. During the second panel replacement it was discovered that the roof needed to be replaced. Total out of pocket over $12,000. Unless you have alot of money to throw away AVOID this camper.
- James Bickford, Florida