Dutchmen Coleman Lantern LT

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Dutchmen Coleman Lantern LT RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Joe Estrada from Oklahoma says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2021 Dutchmen Coleman Lantern LT 17B View Listings

I had thought I wanted to purchase this RV, as a first time buyer. Then I saw the price gauging the dealerships started implementing. This unit was $9,995 two years ago, then it jumped $1K. Now it's $14,995 - $17,995? There haven't been improvements to warrant such a price hike. Reading various negative reviews, I may have been better off not getting one. I get there was a demand, but now the dealers have "burned" the market. I'll end up buying from someone who needs to get rid of theirs, or upgrading. RV dealers are worse than Used Car salesmen. Sorry Coleman, I'll def not be buying your product from the dealership.
- Joe Estrada, Oklahoma

2021-05-25 2021 Dutchmen Coleman Lantern LT 202RD View Listings

On our way to Michigan we had gone just over 300 miles and we stopped for a day or two in Jacksonville at the beach. This is actually the third time we had gone camping in it. As I was sitting on the couch, the window above it exploded. Glass was everywhere inside and out. It appears that the hole is not the right size for the window they put in. And Coleman/Dutchman says they do not cover glass in their warranty. We bought this the end of January and now it is the end of May and we have a major Hole with no window in the camper over the couch.
- Denise Glynn, Florida

2021-04-21 2021 Dutchmen Coleman Lantern LT 202RD View Listings

This model is perfect for a couple or small family starting to explore all the great campgrounds and parks in USA. It is very balanced with features you need and none that you do not need. It is comfortable, useful, and small enough to fit where many others do not. Connected to a small generator gave us A/C in a FL Swamp for 9 hours of uninterrupted sleep. We have towed this trailer successfully and without issue for over 3000 miles. Mountains, beaches, rivers, and cities were all easily accessible with its size and comfort. This is perfect for a no nonsense traveler. My wife lover luxury, and with good logistical planning she ate and slept like a queen. I was the tired smiling king.
- Rick S Ortiz, Florida

2020-10-06 2021 Dutchmen Coleman Lantern LT 17B View Listings

Drove 1200 miles in July to get the RV from Camping World in Tyler, Texas. The worst experience started there. Price was different than they said and didn't offer any extras we had to even buy a Jack Plate to unhook. Drove it around for 7 days. Fridge popped open while driving and damaged the floor. Not covered ok we will fix it. As we continue to drive things started to fall apart boards began to come unattached as we quickly realize everything was put together with staples and glue. Again not covered so we spent the next week hammering all of the trailer back together. Parked it for five days then headed off for next trip. Got to our destination and the shower was cracked. Called it in for service at camping world in Mesa, Az who couldn't get it in till September. Finally get it in for service and Keystone won't cover. Argued for a month finally covered half. Two adults two young kids and a dog tight but doable. Add in the fifth or sixth person it says you can do and boy is it like a sardine in a tin can. And it sure does smell like a sardine in the tin can because the AC don't blow halfway through. It's made like crap and their customer service goes right along with their crap product. Save your money save your headache save your time buy something else or don't buy anything at all. The only good thing I have to say about the trailer is it's light and easy to tow but boy does it flex like a gymnast warming up for the olympics.
- Jennifer, Arizona

2020-06-16 2021 Dutchmen Coleman Lantern LT 17B View Listings

Great starter camper. This is all you need, it has a bunk house, a dinette table that turns into a full size bed, and has the kitchen and bathroom. This is not a luxury camper, it is bare bones. It does not have a oven, the backsplash is wall paper, the fridge is a little bigger than a college dorm fridge. I love the awning, the fireplace, and the beds. My kids love it. We will be putting some work into it by adding a stick on backsplash, adding some more storage, a tv and a thicker mattress on the queen size bed. However for the price you can not beat it. If you are looking for something to start your rv journey with your kids, this is the best one. even though they say it comes with a back up camper, it does not.
- Barlas Yuce, Pennsylvania