Dutchmen Astoria Reviews on RV Insider (3)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Dutchmen Astoria RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

D.C. from Texas says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2020 Dutchmen Astoria 2953F View Listings

We like the trailer overall, but on the first trip out the gas hot water heater did not function properly and almost caught the trailer on fire. Also, the Auto Leveling system did not function properly and even after about an hour on the phone with the Technician still would not properly level the trailer. Had to use manual features. We will keep the trailer, but only if the dealer makes good on these issues. Towing was very easy, even in high winds.
- D.C., Texas

2020-08-17 2020 Dutchmen Astoria 2903BH View Listings

I purchased my brand new trailer on May 22, 2020. Seven weeks later, the entire slide mechanism malfunctioned. I had it at two dealers before I was told I needed to have it taken to the factory for repair. One dealer said they could fix it but the factory wouldn't pay them as it was more cost effective to tow it 1250 miles one way to the nearest Keystone factory. Further, it was three weeks before it was determined it was a factory repair, then to schedule the repair (originally I was told November) I had to wait almost two months before their earliest appointment, which is now September 21, 2020. The factory scheduler told me it was an eight hour job, that's one day, but she could not guarantee the trailer be completed that week and back on the road to me. In fact, I have reservations for a campground on October 7 and was told they "might" not have it back to me by then because they have to give the shipper five days to pick it up and a dealer has to check the repair before it can be delivered to me. That's confidence...they replace the slide mechanism and they think there's a chance it malfunctions on the drive home. Meanwhile, I have been dealing with their so called customer service in Indiana that cannot tell me why this one day job takes almost three months. I have offered to deliver the trailer myself to speed up the process but their offer to compensate me is the cost of diesel, nothing else. So here I sit, surfing the internet, finding more articles about how Thor Industries, Keystone, and Dutchmen has the worst quality control and kicks out the worst products. I wish I found those articles before I bought (in my defense, one was written after I purchased). https://campersmarts.com/rv-brands-to-avoid-and-why The other thing I am learning is that Keystone/Dutchmen customer service is also the worst in the industry. There have been many complaints that they don't call you back, they take a long time to resolve your issue, and overall it's just not a pleasant experience. I have tried to reach out to a level higher than the customer service but those people are well trained to protect the GM's and CEO's of the company. DON'T BUY FROM THOR INDUSTRIES! That's my advise.
- Chris Prinz, Arizona

2019-11-04 2019 Dutchmen Astoria 2953RLF View Listings

This 5th wheel was recommended by a fellow RVer/friend like us. They recommend the dealer which is SunnyIsland in Rockford. They have outstanding service, aerolite has a 3 year warranty, which is 1 year longer than Jayco’s for which we’ve had for the last 30 years. Our Astoria is light weight, plenty of room, thought the mattress was very hard, which we replaced before our trip to Florida. Our Astoria is completely sealed underneath, having the walk through we found everything thing working & nothing had to be fixed before we picked it up I would recommend this rv to all!
- Arden Miller, Illinois