Dutchmen Aerolite RVs Reviews (12)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Dutchmen Aerolite RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Dennis from Illinois says:

Have you owned any Dutchmen Aerolite RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2007 Dutchmen Aerolite 248RBSL View Listings

Easy to tow with small pickup or SUV. No Sway, The Slide out makes it Great for the the get away weekend or the long stay. We as 2 seniors did 7 weeks in Florida with never feeling cramped for space. Plenty of storage.
- Dennis, Illinois

2019-08-21 2017 Dutchmen Aerolite 2320BHSL View Listings

Overall great camper for us. We've had a few issues but Dutchmen has taken care of them each time. Only major problem we had was a bearing failure (less than 300 miles on the trailer). Even when Lippert denied the claim Dutchmen stepped up and replaced the axle under warranty even though it wasn't their component (fault). I have since replaced all bearings and seals with Timken bearings and use a high quality grease instead of that crap from the Lippert factory. It tows easily and straight , no sway, looks good, and after a year of some good use, seems to be holding up well. Everything seems solid and well built. Don't see any reason it won't last many more years. We do keep it out of the weather when not in use. I wish they would use Dexter axles and self adjusting breaks. Also I wish there was an A.C. vent in the top bunk. It can get a little warm up there. But overall I am satisfied with the camper. As with any moving mechanical thing it does require constant maintenance/work/money. If your not prepared to keep on top of the maintenance or pay someone to do it don't get a camper.
- Philip, North Carolina

2019-03-18 2017 Dutchmen Aerolite 294RKSS View Listings

Likes - Floorplan - the best for lake lot views. Lots of windows. Great kitchen layout. Good quality furniture. Replaced "paper" shades with mini blinds (personal preference). Good storage underneath. Pulls well. Dislikes - none.
- Tom Burson, Alabama

2019-03-08 2017 Dutchmen Aerolite 294RKSS View Listings

We like the layout and large windows. The kitchen is very well designed and easy to work in. Lots of counter space. The pantry is a good size. Lots of storage under the dinette. The recliners are comfortable, as is the sofa. We replaced the "paper" window shades with mini blinds, as we did not like the paper shades. The bathroom is a little short on floor space. We have a dresser and good sized closet in our 294RKSS, which was removed in the 2018 models. We also have a terrific little hall tree at the entry. Catches all the things that used to end up on the dresser. Adequate amount of storage underneath. Good lighting. Lots of storage around the upper walls inside. We bought it for use primarily at the lake (the big windows let us fully appreciate the local scenery regardless of the orientation of the trailer.
- Tom Burson, Alabama

2018-01-16 2018 Dutchmen Aerolite 292DBHS View Listings

Bought this in Aug. 2017, slide out cables were wired wrong (per dealer) Dealer said they had a another trailer they would put us in . When they checked it, it also was wired wrong (so much for quality). Dealer contacted Dutchmen and was told that Dutchmen would contact me and settle the matter. Dutchmen did not contact me until after Thanksgiving (even though I called them weekly) and then I was told this model has been discontinued and they offered to put me in a bigger unit. Sounds good but I cannot fit a bigger unit into my driveway, so I suggested a smaller unit made by Kodiak (same manufacturer different make) . Because it was smaller and cost less I asked for the difference refunded to me. They said no and 1st offer was the only offer. No compensation for time without the trailer (it’s now January) and no offer to reimburse me for 5 months of payments I have made without the trailer. This is my first time to buy a trailer and I have learned to believe the negative reviews. SO DONT BUY A DUTCHMEN OR ANY OF THEIR OTHER BRANDS.
- Rich, Arizona

2017-07-28 2012 Dutchmen Aerolite 253rkls View Listings

We like this camper very much, the quality and ease of towing with our 2009 suburban 1500 is excellent. Pulls very easily. The rear kitchen is nice in that you can exhaust cooking fumes easily and it does not smell upbthe entire camper like mid kitchens can. The full size shower is nice when facilities at campground are not great. The seperate grey water tanks for kitchen and bath help out tremendously. Awning and slide work flawlessly. The only thing i would have liked is a slide for the master bedroom, with a queen bed it can be a bit tight, it is camping however!
- Tim wrye, Florida

2017-01-23 2013 Dutchmen Aerolite 294RKSS View Listings

We have owned this RV since 2014. Have been to Washington State and back 2 times and to Maine and back once. It pulls very well behind my Heavy Duty Dodge half ton. Pickup is rated for 8700 pounds. trailer is 7-8 thousand pounds fully loaded. I haven't weighed it. Very comfortable kitchen and living/dining room. It has a typical bathroom and bedroom for a travel trailer. Setup once you get to an RV park takes about 15 minutes once you are practiced doing it. Loading it on truck is same. Gas mileage on Dodge hemi is about 8 MPG. Good compared to a Class C or A RV. They typically get 4-6 MPG. Gasoline.
- Bill Townsley, Texas

2016-11-22 2013 Dutchmen Aerolite 282DBHS View Listings

Bought the 2013 Dutchman aerolite camper in 2015.Made a cross country military move and it fell apart!!!! The front has caved in and the whole thing is delaminating. Took it to be looked at and it is totaled. Our warrenty and our insurance won't cover it because it is a manufacture defect! They only glued the edges of the panels instead of the whole panel. Dutchman only warenties for one year.I am now out 24,000 and Dutchman won't even bother to return my call on a three year old camper that is garbage.
- Jamie goodenough, Florida

2016-10-11 2017 Dutchmen Aerolite 294RKSS View Listings

Great camper except for the slide out,it's the wiring harness with slide out in the harness lays on the tire have replaced one first trip out have to wire tie harness to frame to keep off tire. A very poor design.
- Aubrey Medders, Florida

2016-05-02 2013 Dutchmen Aerolite 288RLSS View Listings

I have had this unit for 4 years. Very up scale unit with frameless windows, 16' slide, ultra light unit. I pull it with a F150 / EcoBoost / 3:55 rear end and can pull it up any mountain out there. I have had very few problems with the unit and no water leaks any where. After four years of usage there are no problems with any of the features on the unit. I highly recommend the unit.
- Jim Vowell, Texas

2016-02-24 2015 Dutchmen Aerolite 204ES View Listings

We fell in love with this floor plan the minute we saw it. The usability and storage are second to none in this class. There is so much interior storage by way of 3 wardrobes, large pantry, under-seat storage and a big linen closet in the bathroom. This is a well thought-out trailer. Quality was much better than we saw in other similar-priced units - the fit and finish of the cabinetry, the seals and gaskets on the outside - everything is top-notch. The standards on this unit that others charge as "optional" are pretty impressive. Towing this unit is very easy and pleasurable - we did it with a 5000lb towing limit and never had any problems, even when going up mountains. Even a beginner at towing can manage this trailer. One more thing - you may not think it, but we often camped in the winter and this was never uncomfortably cold, even with the "hybrid" fold outs. We love this camper!
- Todd, North Carolina

2015-05-04 2007 Dutchmen Aerolite 248RBSL View Listings

Easy to tow with small pickup or SUV. No sway, the slide out makes it great for the get-away weekend or the long stay. We as 2 seniors did 7 weeks in Florida with never feeling cramped for space. Plenty of storage.
- Dennis, Illinois