Dutchmen Aerolite RVs Reviews (14)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Dutchmen Aerolite RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Dennis from Illinois says:

Have you owned any Dutchmen Aerolite RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2007 Dutchmen Aerolite 248RBSL View Listings

Easy to tow with small pickup or SUV. No Sway, The Slide out makes it Great for the the get away weekend or the long stay. We as 2 seniors did 7 weeks in Florida with never feeling cramped for space. Plenty of storage.
- Dennis, Illinois

2019-10-14 2018 Dutchmen Aerolite 2843BH View Listings

2018: This RV was like an expensive watercraft. And by that, I mean it leaked from every orifice. Every window, every door(3 of them including the back behind the bunks), the windows in the doors, every hatch, the sunlights in the roof and even through the refridgerator vent. Some of the seals were installed upside down and some of them had finger impressions in the sealant that acted like four little funnels, two hands worth, to let the water inside. No joke, every opening in the skin leaked. The fridge leak was so bad that the wood swelled up and rotted completely and every trim strip swelled up from water. They are only sawdust covered in pretty tape after all. The strip lighting in the front end, outside and inside the storage bay fell off within a month. Now we bought this RV brand new and only had it for 1 year. It spent the majority of that time in the shop trying to locate and repair the leaks and the damage.I carried many, many extra towels to soak up water because we had obligations to travel for most of the spring. We would go out for a weekend, drop it off at the shop on our way back, pick it up 2 or 3 weeks later, rinse, repeat. The dealer tried their best to fix it, but we ended up paying a relatively small amount of money for the manufacturer to take the 2018 back as a complete failure and get us into a 2019 replacement. 2019 replacement, also 2843BH: Now with this one, only two windows and the door windows leaked. Fairly easy fix, including one window completely replaced due to a broken internal seal. We've had this one since February 2019. It has been in the shop three times, including right now. They have come to our house 3 times, including to replace and fix window leaks. The first roadtrip findings: the fridge circuit board wired backwards, burned up before purchadse but unknown yet. The water heater blow out valve has been replaced 3 times, still leaks.The sunroof in kitchen was installed so poorly it was warped sideways, replaced. The drain in the shower had no support, snapped in 2 at the seam the first time in the shower. Leaked enough to come out of the bottom of the trailer. Luckily my husband was outside and noticed. Not a weight issue. Replaced and supported. Auto level system has never worked. Shop opens underpinning, finds that it has only one screw in each sensor and the sensor moves everytime you pull the trailer. More hardware, still doesn't work. Shop tries reset several times. Raises the trailer high enough to pop the shackles on the right axles. In the shop right now trying to fix. Most recent trip, slideout stops after 12" of travel. Error message says battery low.Shore power connected and battery at 13 volts. Almost every trip the panel will not start up. Thinks the trailer is still moving. Have to disconnect battery to reset control panel. The drawer under the aft dining table seat was assembled so poorly it had come apart at the seams. The brace that it slides on was screwed in without holding it down so the screws just pushed up away from the floor. Luckily my husband is a cabinet guy. The closet door is so warped that the MFG tried to hide it by re-drilling the hinge screws out of line. Door fell off frame first trip. The shop re-hangs the door in attempt to help it work. Needs new door and then probably new door facing/hinge side. The license plate holder was installed right next to the shore power plug. And I mean nearly on top of it. The plate could not be installed. They had to install a second plate holder on the opposite side. Now we have an extra plate holder:) I'm not listing the minor issues and cosmetic issues that either we or the shop were able to repair or fix. And there were several, especially on the 2018. The dealer really excelled on getting the second one ready...except that annoying fridge that only worked on propane because the circuit board was fried and we didn't figure it out until the propane tank was empty:( Our dealer is really trying to fix the issues on this trailer, but they are so very numerous and most are not minor in nature. This trailer is just completely unacceptable in quality. I almost want to find out if it was built on a Monday, if you get me. The cosmetic flaws would be correctable but these have major systems failing straight off of the assembly line. Completely unacceptable for this price point. Highly do not recommend. Very dissatisfied.
- Kathy Allbright, Texas

2019-09-03 2019 Dutchmen Aerolite 2843BH View Listings

2019 Aerolite: The awning came loose. Threre was only 1 upper bolt holding the awning on place. I saw an electrical harness inside the vertical aluminum stud. Called customer service requesting a schematic of the RV. There were existing pre-drilled holes that I could use to help secure the awning. Requested a schematic to prove that I could drill more holes so as to secure the awning without drilling through the electrical harness. She told me there was no schematic. I said everything has a floor plan or schematic. She hung up on me. Other problems: The LPG harness developed a bad leak. I had to replace the entire harness. Battery straps (minor problem) have to be replaced.
- Bruce Merrill, Utah

2019-08-21 2017 Dutchmen Aerolite 2320BHSL View Listings

Overall great camper for us. We've had a few issues but Dutchmen has taken care of them each time. Only major problem we had was a bearing failure (less than 300 miles on the trailer). Even when Lippert denied the claim Dutchmen stepped up and replaced the axle under warranty even though it wasn't their component (fault). I have since replaced all bearings and seals with Timken bearings and use a high-quality grease instead of that crap from the Lippert factory. It tows easily and straight, no sway, looks good, and after a year of some good use, seems to be holding up well. Everything seems solid and well built. Don't see any reason it won't last many more years. We do keep it out of the weather when not in use. I wish they would use Dexter axles and self adjusting brakes. Also I wish there was an A.C. vent in the top bunk. It can get a little warm up there. But overall I am satisfied with the camper. As with any moving mechanical thing it does require constant maintenance/work/money. If you're not prepared to keep on top of the maintenance or pay someone to do it don't get a camper.
- Philip, North Carolina

2019-03-18 2017 Dutchmen Aerolite 294RKSS View Listings

Likes - Floorplan - the best for lake lot views. Lots of windows. Great kitchen layout. Good quality furniture. Replaced "paper" shades with mini blinds (personal preference). Good storage underneath. Pulls well. Dislikes - none.
- Tom Burson, Alabama

2019-03-08 2017 Dutchmen Aerolite 294RKSS View Listings

We like the layout and large windows. The kitchen is very well designed and easy to work in. Lots of counter space. The pantry is a good size. Lots of storage under the dinette. The recliners are comfortable, as is the sofa. We replaced the "paper" window shades with mini blinds, as we did not like the paper shades. The bathroom is a little short on floor space. We have a dresser and good sized closet in our 294RKSS, which was removed in the 2018 models. We also have a terrific little hall tree at the entry. Catches all the things that used to end up on the dresser. Adequate amount of storage underneath. Good lighting. Lots of storage around the upper walls inside. We bought it for use primarily at the lake (the big windows let us fully appreciate the local scenery regardless of the orientation of the trailer.
- Tom Burson, Alabama

2018-01-16 2018 Dutchmen Aerolite 292DBHS View Listings

Bought this in Aug. 2017, slide out cables were wired wrong (per dealer) Dealer said they had a another trailer they would put us in . When they checked it, it also was wired wrong (so much for quality). Dealer contacted Dutchmen and was told that Dutchmen would contact me and settle the matter. Dutchmen did not contact me until after Thanksgiving (even though I called them weekly) and then I was told this model has been discontinued and they offered to put me in a bigger unit. Sounds good but I cannot fit a bigger unit into my driveway, so I suggested a smaller unit made by Kodiak (same manufacturer different make) . Because it was smaller and cost less I asked for the difference refunded to me. They said no and 1st offer was the only offer. No compensation for time without the trailer (it’s now January) and no offer to reimburse me for 5 months of payments I have made without the trailer. This is my first time to buy a trailer and I have learned to believe the negative reviews. SO DONT BUY A DUTCHMEN OR ANY OF THEIR OTHER BRANDS.
- Rich, Arizona

2017-07-28 2012 Dutchmen Aerolite 253rkls View Listings

We like this camper very much, the quality and ease of towing with our 2009 suburban 1500 is excellent. Pulls very easily. The rear kitchen is nice in that you can exhaust cooking fumes easily and it does not smell upbthe entire camper like mid kitchens can. The full size shower is nice when facilities at campground are not great. The seperate grey water tanks for kitchen and bath help out tremendously. Awning and slide work flawlessly. The only thing i would have liked is a slide for the master bedroom, with a queen bed it can be a bit tight, it is camping however!
- Tim wrye, Florida

2017-01-23 2013 Dutchmen Aerolite 294RKSS View Listings

We have owned this RV since 2014. Have been to Washington State and back 2 times and to Maine and back once. It pulls very well behind my Heavy Duty Dodge half ton. Pickup is rated for 8700 pounds. trailer is 7-8 thousand pounds fully loaded. I haven't weighed it. Very comfortable kitchen and living/dining room. It has a typical bathroom and bedroom for a travel trailer. Setup once you get to an RV park takes about 15 minutes once you are practiced doing it. Loading it on truck is same. Gas mileage on Dodge hemi is about 8 MPG. Good compared to a Class C or A RV. They typically get 4-6 MPG. Gasoline.
- Bill Townsley, Texas

2016-11-22 2013 Dutchmen Aerolite 282DBHS View Listings

Bought the 2013 Dutchman aerolite camper in 2015.Made a cross country military move and it fell apart!!!! The front has caved in and the whole thing is delaminating. Took it to be looked at and it is totaled. Our warrenty and our insurance won't cover it because it is a manufacture defect! They only glued the edges of the panels instead of the whole panel. Dutchman only warenties for one year.I am now out 24,000 and Dutchman won't even bother to return my call on a three year old camper that is garbage.
- Jamie goodenough, Florida

2016-10-11 2017 Dutchmen Aerolite 294RKSS View Listings

Great camper except for the slide out,it's the wiring harness with slide out in the harness lays on the tire have replaced one first trip out have to wire tie harness to frame to keep off tire. A very poor design.
- Aubrey Medders, Florida

2016-05-02 2013 Dutchmen Aerolite 288RLSS View Listings

I have had this unit for 4 years. Very up scale unit with frameless windows, 16' slide, ultra light unit. I pull it with a F150 / EcoBoost / 3:55 rear end and can pull it up any mountain out there. I have had very few problems with the unit and no water leaks any where. After four years of usage there are no problems with any of the features on the unit. I highly recommend the unit.
- Jim Vowell, Texas

2016-02-24 2015 Dutchmen Aerolite 204ES View Listings

We fell in love with this floor plan the minute we saw it. The usability and storage are second to none in this class. There is so much interior storage by way of 3 wardrobes, large pantry, under-seat storage and a big linen closet in the bathroom. This is a well thought-out trailer. Quality was much better than we saw in other similar-priced units - the fit and finish of the cabinetry, the seals and gaskets on the outside - everything is top-notch. The standards on this unit that others charge as "optional" are pretty impressive. Towing this unit is very easy and pleasurable - we did it with a 5000lb towing limit and never had any problems, even when going up mountains. Even a beginner at towing can manage this trailer. One more thing - you may not think it, but we often camped in the winter and this was never uncomfortably cold, even with the "hybrid" fold outs. We love this camper!
- Todd, North Carolina

2015-05-04 2007 Dutchmen Aerolite 248RBSL View Listings

Easy to tow with small pickup or SUV. No sway, the slide out makes it great for the get-away weekend or the long stay. We as 2 seniors did 7 weeks in Florida with never feeling cramped for space. Plenty of storage.
- Dennis, Illinois