Dutchmen ASTORIA

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Dutchmen ASTORIA RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

D.C. from Texas says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2020 Dutchmen Astoria 2953F View Listings

We like the trailer overall, but on the first trip out the gas hot water heater did not function properly and almost caught the trailer on fire. Also, the Auto Leveling system did not function properly and even after about an hour on the phone with the Technician still would not properly level the trailer. Had to use manual features. We will keep the trailer, but only if the dealer makes good on these issues. Towing was very easy, even in high winds.
- D.C., Texas

2021-06-28 2020 Dutchmen Astoria 2943BH View Listings

Love the Floorplan and finishes with the exception of the cabinets. From day one they were falling off! Mounted with 1/2 inch screws?!!! Spending the say today replacing screws. Also fenders are cracking because of overtightening at the factory.
- Corrine Verna, Alaska

2020-12-13 2020 Dutchmen Astoria 3173RLP View Listings

We thought we had found the perfect 5th wheel, great floor plan, beautiful interior, all the features we could imagine and then some... then we took it out on our first trip. We began having numerous issues from the first day... much of the interior wood trim fell off, refrigerator quit, water heater worked on and off randomly so I started off retirement researching problems and doing repairs. Then 2 days ago the water heater shorted out and started a fire! Fortunately I was here when it started and grabbed the fire extinguisher, pulled the pin and pushed the button... NOTHING!!! I frantically began tearing apart the buffet to get to where I could reach the flames and somehow managed to beat the flames out with a piece of wood I tore off the buffet. Through it all the breaker never kicked out and the smoke alarms never went off! Had I not been here we would have lost our brand new RV, pets and all... had it happened in the middle of the night I am certain my wife and I would have perished along with them. After clearing out the smoke I called Dutchman to make a warranty claim and let them know I was heading to the ER for issues with smoke inhalation... if it was my company, I would have at least called a customer that our defect could have killed to check on them and assure I would get to the bottom of all the safety issues and correct them, Obviously Dutchman doesn't feel the same. I don't know what it will take yet to get it repaired and don't know if we will ever feel safe in it again!
- Dan Ramthun, Wisconsin

2020-08-17 2020 Dutchmen Astoria 2903BH View Listings

I purchased my brand new trailer on May 22, 2020. Seven weeks later, the entire slide mechanism malfunctioned. I had it at two dealers before I was told I needed to have it taken to the factory for repair. One dealer said they could fix it but the factory wouldn't pay them as it was more cost effective to tow it 1250 miles one way to the nearest Keystone factory. Further, it was three weeks before it was determined it was a factory repair, then to schedule the repair (originally I was told November) I had to wait almost two months before their earliest appointment, which is now September 21, 2020. The factory scheduler told me it was an eight hour job, that's one day, but she could not guarantee the trailer be completed that week and back on the road to me. In fact, I have reservations for a campground on October 7 and was told they "might" not have it back to me by then because they have to give the shipper five days to pick it up and a dealer has to check the repair before it can be delivered to me. That's confidence...they replace the slide mechanism and they think there's a chance it malfunctions on the drive home. Meanwhile, I have been dealing with their so called customer service in Indiana that cannot tell me why this one day job takes almost three months. I have offered to deliver the trailer myself to speed up the process but their offer to compensate me is the cost of diesel, nothing else. So here I sit, surfing the internet, finding more articles about how Thor Industries, Keystone, and Dutchmen has the worst quality control and kicks out the worst products. I wish I found those articles before I bought (in my defense, one was written after I purchased). https://campersmarts.com/rv-brands-to-avoid-and-why The other thing I am learning is that Keystone/Dutchmen customer service is also the worst in the industry. There have been many complaints that they don't call you back, they take a long time to resolve your issue, and overall it's just not a pleasant experience. I have tried to reach out to a level higher than the customer service but those people are well trained to protect the GM's and CEO's of the company. DON'T BUY FROM THOR INDUSTRIES! That's my advise.
- Chris Prinz, Arizona

2019-11-04 2019 Dutchmen Astoria 2953RLF View Listings

This 5th wheel was recommended by a fellow RVer/friend like us. They recommend the dealer which is SunnyIsland in Rockford. They have outstanding service, aerolite has a 3 year warranty, which is 1 year longer than Jayco’s for which we’ve had for the last 30 years. Our Astoria is light weight, plenty of room, thought the mattress was very hard, which we replaced before our trip to Florida. Our Astoria is completely sealed underneath, having the walk through we found everything thing working & nothing had to be fixed before we picked it up I would recommend this rv to all!
- Arden Miller, Illinois