Dutchmen 5th Wheel Reviews on RV Insider (45)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Dutchmen 5th Wheel RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

matt from Illinois says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Dutchmen Voltage 3970 View Listings

Please , please dont buy a dutchman !!! Worse mistake i ever made . So fare i've had 100 % of all the appliances break . refrigerator ,microwave,stove started on fire the first time i used it . the toilet valves are now leaking and the seal inside is bad .the hydraulic jack leaked ,the slide tore a hole through the floor when the dealer was repairing it . Today the central AC unit failed and i have four inches of water in my ceiling . It also flooded the floor to the point it was running out of the trailer . I payed 128,000 for this nightmare !!!!
- matt, Illinois

2020-07-05 2020 Dutchmen Atlas 3172RLKB View Listings

Very bad quality very bad service water tank broke strap on a brand new unit tour out the bottom bed fell apart horrible craftsmanship the inverter or converter was no good the day we brought it home we've had this camper 5th wheel for approximately three months driven 50 miles total lived in for one month horrible craftsmanship
- michaelshaverplumbing, Tennessee

2020-05-05 2005 Dutchmen Adirondack 28BH View Listings

This 2005 adrionback rv that gave almost six thousand dollars is junk..Poorly built , wiring all wrapped around and underneath bathtub.It doesn't take a genius to know electricity and water dont mix Wouldn't hold any heat until I insulated it my self. Over half the screws are set only half way . Nothing but problems with it I can't seem to find who built it online anywhere. Whoever it is is obviously doesn't want be known probably cause they re still building em under another name.
- Lane Simpson, Utah

2020-02-04 2006 Dutchmen Grand Junction 32TCG View Listings

Probably one of the best made Or the best one for the money Only made 2005-2011 they were ahead of there time then And compete with anything out There now if well maintained I bought mine used and owned For 5yrs - been cross country And around southern states will only sell to go to toy hauler I don’t know how to rate or have info on service but if they all was made as good as mine Probably didn’t need any service
- Ken M, Tennessee

2020-01-10 2015 Dutchmen Infinity 3810FL View Listings

Just bought 2nd camper Would not buy anywhere else Awesome employees TOOT MY HORN FOR MISS BRENDA She has had to tolerate my husband he loves to pick We have always been treated like royalty We good way back My husband went back to pick up an item he needed for our camper A large truck hauling paving hit my husband and Ms Brenda was there for us You got to love an employee that goes way beyond their job to help out someone on a wreck She has had us look at the same camper and here we really want it and she was always patient with us A couple of months would go by and who shows up to see Ms Brenda yep US AGAIN but she was always excited to see us like we had never been there But we did it I'm sitting in the Camper right now We are so HAPPY THANKS MS BRENDA YOU MADE IT SO EASY AND NIT PAINFUL TO BUY OUR NEW HOME THANKS THIS IS AN AWESOME EMPLOYEE GOES WAY OUT OF THE WAY TO HELP US TOOT YOUR HORN MS BRENDA.
- Kathy James, Mississippi

2019-11-12 2020 Dutchmen Astoria 2953F View Listings

We like the trailer overall, but on the first trip out the gas hot water heater did not function properly and almost caught the trailer on fire. Also, the Auto Leveling system did not function properly and even after about an hour on the phone with the Technician still would not properly level the trailer. Had to use manual features. We will keep the trailer, but only if the dealer makes good on these issues. Towing was very easy, even in high winds.
- D.C., Texas

2019-11-04 2019 Dutchmen Atlas 3002RLF View Listings

We purchased our Atlas new and it has been awesome so far. We had a few little things that needed attention however Dutchmen was notified and the repairs were approved without question. This 5th wheel pulls like a dream and my family loves the outside kitchen. Happy we bought this camper. On a bad note we had Camping World do the repairs and I am now fixing the issues myself, they are a joke and over bill for everything.
- Asa Steven Large , Arizona

2019-11-04 2019 Dutchmen Astoria 2953RLF View Listings

This 5th wheel was recommended by a fellow RVer/friend like us. They recommend the dealer which is SunnyIsland in Rockford. They have outstanding service, aerolite has a 3 year warranty, which is 1 year longer than Jayco’s for which we’ve had for the last 30 years. Our Astoria is light weight, plenty of room, thought the mattress was very hard, which we replaced before our trip to Florida. Our Astoria is completely sealed underneath, having the walk through we found everything thing working & nothing had to be fixed before we picked it up I would recommend this rv to all!
- Arden Miller, Illinois

2019-08-21 2011 Dutchmen Komfort 3230RK View Listings

Over all TV is built extremely well and seems to be much more durable than the newer models. The complete TV is aluminum frame and structure so for the size it is much lighter than the wood makes. For a lasting rv I would for sure look at Dutchman again.
- Toby, South Carolina

2019-05-28 2010 Dutchmen Grand Junction 355RL View Listings

This is a 38 ft Dutchman Grand Junction with a King Size Bed, Cedar Closet, large double door refigerator,high quality cabinets and fixtures, pop up large tv with surround sound,and confortable furniture. This unit is top of the line, very confortable,with quality fixtures and a easy pull with air ride hitch. One can easily live in it, and feel like you never left home.
- Robert Vee Botten, Minnesota

2019-05-12 2007 Dutchmen Colorado 30BS View Listings

Extremly clean unit. Complete seperate bathroom. Lots of storage. All hardwood ash trim and doors. Plenty of extras. Large amount of storage space inside . Everything works as expected. Just a little bigger than what we were looking for. This is definitely a unit I would go after if I wanted one in this size range.
- Mark Oesch, Michigan

2019-04-26 2010 Dutchmen Grand Junction 355RL View Listings

No other unit my wife or I have seen new or preowned meets the standard, quality, nor comfort as the Grand Junction we owned. This unit pulls like it’s not even there! Equipped with new Goodyear regroovable tires for “0” blowouts or flats on your vacation or trip.
- William Fincher, Florida

2018-12-31 2011 Dutchmen Komfort 3230RK View Listings

Love this trailer. Good value. Had Little issues in the beginning but solved to our satisfaction. Nice and spacious bedroom and shower. Nice big slideouts. Big storage space. .............................................
- Peter, Florida

2018-12-30 2018 Dutchmen Voltage Epic 3895 View Listings

Don't buy your RV from here! [dealer] is only interested in your money and not your satisfaction of your purchase. I bought a 2018 5th wheel Toyhauler that I have had problems with on every trip. Poor quality from the manufacturer and lack of help for a fix and even worse problems from the dealer, in Tucson. I have to say that [name] and [name] have been very pleasant to deal with but the service manager, sales department, and the dealership has tied their hands for what they can do. It wouldn't bother me so much but Tucson [dealer] knew that the battery they had in the Toyhauler would not support camping without hook-ups but let me go knowing that would be my primary use for it. After a couple of times with power issues they are still not willing to make it right. I have purchased a 2nd battery after the 1st issue and still have issues. [dealer] is happy to work on my Toyhauler and collect warranty money but not willing to make a good fix such as a better battery set up or putting in a switch so the battery doesn't have a constant drain on it. The last trip I was on with power issues a friend had his Fusion purchased from [dealer] in Tucson and he didn't have issues. Freedom put a group 31 AGM battery that they placed in the Toyhauler before it left their lot. Service is a big part of an RV and [dealer] will get my business next time instead of [dealer].
- Kelly, Arizona

2018-10-19 2016 Dutchmen Triton 3451 View Listings

The interior is really nice and has the look of class black leather seats dark cabinets and stainless steak appliances.it has a 13ft garage that will accommodate the 4 door rzr.Dual a/c,Sub framed too accomadate the new Dodge Rams.
- James Lauridsen, Arizona

2018-10-09 2007 Dutchmen Denali 2371RB View Listings

This RV was owned by my step father who bought it in 2009 and only used it a handful of times before he hurt his back and became unable to use it. So the RV itself is older, but it is in really great shape on the interior. Clean, comfortable and a great way to get away with your family. We are eager to sell, so we are open to any offers. If you need more information, do not hesitate to contact me. debharrington312 at gmail. Thanks-
- Deb Harrington, Illinois

2018-10-02 2011 Dutchmen Colorado M-310RG View Listings

Live in camper for four years full time. Great for 2 adults and 2 children. The camper is very light and tows very easy. Camper has "16" tires. Ford truck is in outstanding condition and low miles for 2011. Like the camper, the truck was always taken care of and serviced on a regular basis. Great combination.
- Dennis Smith, Iowa

2018-05-29 2018 Dutchmen Voltage Epic 3895 View Listings

We love the lay out and the trailer. Problem is the workmanship is the worst. Lovely tub, no stopper, nothing to fill it but the shower. Only enough hot water for a 3 inch bath. Water pump did not work, stock TV's are bottom barrel modules.self leveling Jack have to be readjusted weekly. ac did not work, vacuum worked for a week, conv. Oven doesn't work right. The list goes on. Oh worst of all trailer break faied comming out of a 10,000 ft pass. That could have been very bad. Burned up brand new breaks on our truck trying to stop. Dealer sucks no help. They make it sound like your exaggerating. Woman at a popular road side assistance specializing in campers, told us to drive it the way it is to dealership,after a cop told us not to.
- Rita, Arizona

2018-04-28 2017 Dutchmen Denali 257RDS View Listings

Love this 5th wheel!! As a first time RVer, spent months researching hundreds of models online as well as walking through in person to find this gem. Just under 30 feet and tows like a dream. Tons of storage space including a walk in pantry. Love the island- lots of prep space without having my face in an upper cabinet. In the year we’ve had it we’ve travelled 15,000+ miles through 17 states without a single problem. Everyone who sees it is impressed with the quality of the finishes as well as the layout. The 10 cubic ft fridge is a great size, the AC and furnace do their jobs well, and the electric fireplace also does a great job in warming us up. Like the u-shaped dinette- very comfy for sitting on with feet up having a drink and using computer. Hard mattress was made comfy by adding a 3 inch memory foam topper. Did need to reinforce side cabinets on island, but no doors have ever popped open during travels. Highly recommend.
- Sue, Arizona

2018-01-10 2017 Dutchmen Voltage 3795 View Listings

After searching for months and looking at 100+ trailers and floor plans we finally saw the Dutchman voltage 3975. It has been perfect for our little family of 5. We have a 4 1/2 year old, 3 year old and a 1year old. The older two share the top bunk of the garage and we still co sleep with the 1 year old. The versatility of the garage to have bunk beds seating dinner table or tons of floor space is perfect for our little ones. We even moved one our couches from the living to the garage to make room for our Christmas tree. We have been living in it full time for almost 5months. We haven't been hauling it yet but will update this review once we are on the road. We love the floor plan and the extra counter space for cooking. My wife bought a griddle and electric skillet which have worked perfectly for making our meals and uses the stove top as well. She hasn't done much baking because you have to actually light the pilot light and it freaks her out plus it's a direct flame right under whatever your baking so the heat is not evenly distributed. So far the only problems we faced have been a leak in the fridge because we kept it too cold and had a lot of frost build up running over and our pipes froze in the artic blast of negative degree weather. But some pipe insulation and heat tape fixed that problem. However if Dutchman had not left the pipes uncovered and lying against the outside metal frame they might not have frozen so easily. Polar package just fancy for we put heat pads on the tanks and another layer of expensive aluminum foil underneath the trailer. Overall we have been satisfied with our purchase but we still have to take it on the road.
- Shaun Kisor, Ohio

2017-09-27 2006 Dutchmen Grand Junction 34TRG View Listings

Well built. Love the workmanship. Both large slides leaked, seems to be flawed design on slides. Had to have both floors replaced. Installed slide covers hoping this may help some. Love this 5th wheel. Beautiful inside and out. When we took it in for repair they commented that they have not seen many RV's with metal studs. This kept the damage level lower. My husband is amazed at how easy it is to pull. We truly love this RV. Has beautiful solid wood cabinets, surround sound and too much more to name.
- Debi Pruitt, Alabama

2017-08-27 2013 Dutchmen Voltage 3818 View Listings

Anyone who buys a Voltage is throwing their money away. My Voltage has been nothing more than a pile junk dress in nice clothes. The construction is as cheap as you can get. All three AC's leak when it rains and it's not from the roof gasket. The slide outs won't go in and out as they should. My trailer is only 3 years old and the roof has to be placed along with all three AC's and both slide-outs are rotted. All the external lights have leaked into the walls. The water heater hasn't worked since I bought it. The Generator had to be replaced after 5 hours of run time. The sewer flush fills up the belly pan with water if you use it. The Happy Jack beds in the back haven't worked since it left the dealer. The salesman bragged about how good the insulation was and when the AC's are running the outside of the trailer is completely wet with condensation. I wish I could think of something good to say about my Voltage but I can't think of one thing. The good reviews you read about are only people that are oblivious to the problems that are hidden
- C. A. Cardino, Texas

2017-08-24 2015 Dutchmen Denali 262RLX View Listings

Following purchase we towed trailer home (225 miles) and discovered lower outside storage doors didn't stay closed. Reason was poor craftsmanship on door/latch install. 1 year later, well using during a rainstorm, noticed wet carpet on large slide. Reason was window leaking around frame due to poor install. 1 1/2 year later, noticed leak around small bedroom slide, reason slide rails providing highway for water. Well floor plan provides livability, it's 2 recliners at the rear of coach is a definite poor design as it renders 1 recliner unusable due to closeness to kitchen counter and the other must be moved & secured for travel to allow room for slide to come in. Coach also has poor location or lack of, especially in main slideout, AC outlets. The added features such as coach auto leveling, awning with LED lighting, 50 amp service, dual air conditioners, rain sensing power vent, winter insulation etc. are definite pluses. Well it comes with extra insulation for winter living, it has its holding tank dump valves located externally and not protected from the weather's temps. It's an exceptable camper, but just that and not recommended for extended living and especially for over 2 occupants. Overall, would I purchase this trailer again? - definitely not and it is due to the shoddy workmanship and very poor quality control!
- DAVID JAEHNKE, New Mexico

2017-06-23 2007 Dutchmen Denali 320TS View Listings

My big love for this RV is the island kitchen and pantry area - all well designed and well thought out space. This is tiny living at its best and far less expensive than purchasing a "tiny house on wheels". I would highly recommend this RV to both a weekender camper and a "seasonal" camper. It has everything you need in a home, plus versatility of being able to move it to anywhere you want. Would really be ideal for anyone looking to be "snow birds".
- Colleen Adkins, Wisconsin

2017-06-23 2007 Dutchmen Denali 320TS View Listings

The Denali 320TS is a well designed, well thought out 5th wheel that will accommodate both a weekend camper and a longer-term camper. I beats any "tiny house on wheels" for both functionality and price. If you are retired and wanting to become a "snow bird" this is the unit without any doubt that you will be able be comfortable in as your home away from home.
- Long-time camper, Wisconsin