DRV Mobile Suites

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with DRV Mobile Suites RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Robert Wisniewski from Michigan says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 DRV Mobile Suites 40KSSB4 View Listings

This is our second drv the first was a 36-foot model mobile Suites. I had to fix numerous items in that trailer. We have purchased a 40-foot drv and again I have had to fix numerous things in the trailer I would make a list except it would be too long. When you put something out there at a list price of $100,000 or better you should get something more from your money than this.
- Robert Wisniewski, Michigan

2021-08-14 2021 DRV Mobile Suites 38RSSA View Listings

I’ve had to fix the countertop after the dealership fixed it. Had to tighten lavatory sink, sanitary, dishwasher, and sink fittings so they would quit leaking. Re do the shower drain for it leaked. Lost two tires due to the over tightening of the bearings.
- John Antoszyk, Oregon

2021-07-24 2018 DRV Mobile Suites 36RSSB3 View Listings

Full time or a traveler, this DRV Mobile Suites will meet and exceed your needs and desires. A 2018 36RSSB3 (look it up. Fit and Finish both inside and out are very high quality. Dishwasher is a great appliance. Splendide Washer/dryer combo professionally installed and works great. Has abundant storage space both inside and below. Hydraulic leveling system allows quick set ups. We tow with a 2017 F350 diesel, long bed crew cab set up with air shocks . Pulls effortlessly in hills and heat. Has plenty of room for pets or whatever you need to carry along. Easy, stable tow, sets up in minutes and provides you with more than all the comforts you could need. We are aging and would keep camping with this unit if we could, But for $160k, less than you would pay for an mid-level Class C (if they were readily available) that would come close to the size, finish, and ease of relocating, you get both the truck and the fifth wheel The DRV definitely is on a par with most larger Class A’s.
- Mark Smith, Washington

2021-06-05 2012 DRV Mobile Suites 36TKSB3 View Listings

BOUGHT THIS UNIT FROM LAZY DAYS IN TAMPA. NOTHING BUT TROUBLE. 9K IN REPAIRS IN THE FIRST YEAR. BUT THE WORST PART WAS THAT DRV WOULD NOT ANSWER THE PHONE, WOULD NOT RETURN CALLS, AND WOULD NOT REPLY TO EMAIL. ALL I WANTED WAS A LITTLE INFORMATION THAT WOULD HELP THE REPAIR MAN DECIDE HOW TO DO THE REPAIRS. ASKED FRANK AT LAZYDAYS TO HELP AND HE SAID "WE DIDN'T BUILD IT". NO HELP AND TOTALLY USELESS. FUN TO BUY AND EVERYONE NICE. PULL OUT OF THE LOT AND YOUR ON YOUR OWN. STAY AWAY FROM THESE PEOPLE. THEY ARE RUDE AFTER THE SALE.
- David L. Leveto, Florida

2021-03-31 2015 DRV Mobile Suites RESB41 View Listings

This DRV was willed to my sister from our brother. He lived in it from 2015 until he passed away in 2018 . So sad he didn't get to enjoy it longer. It is a beautiful camper! It has been well maintained and cared for. He was so proud of it!
- rhonda steele, Kentucky

2021-03-26 2015 DRV Mobile Suites 38RSSB3 View Listings

We owned this RV since it was brand new. No issues and like living in a luxury 1 bedroom apt. Tons of room inside. So easy to hook up and pull for trips. Spouse loves watching every game on TV? Just close the bedroom door and watch what you want! New owner will love it.
- Linda, Texas

2021-01-26 2021 DRV Mobile Suites Houston View Listings

While this is a beautiful 5th wheel with a great floor plan and lots of good storage, we have had several issues that are unacceptable. The ice maker has never worked. We have had the 5th wheel for only two months and no one has been able to fix the ice maker. Twice now the toilet in the half bath will not flush. The first time it overflowed. When it was repaired, we were told to only use it to urinate. Now it again won’t flush (only used to urinate). Understand with a new RV there will be issues, but feel these are over the top. Issues still exist unresolved. We are not towing this 5th wheel, but assume it tows well. Wouldn’t allow me to leave it blank.
- Guscette, California

2020-12-29 2014 DRV Mobile Suites 38RSSA View Listings

The RV is just like a home. Very quiet and very well built. I have tons of room to move around and plenty of room to have friends and family over for dinner. The fifth wheel has 4 slide outs, a fire place, 4 door residential refrigerator with ice maker and a great surround sound stereo with smart TVs. The unit has a fully enclosed underbelly with heated holding tanks which makes it a full 4 season coach.
- Tim Feldotto, Texas

2020-11-30 2019 DRV Mobile Suites 38DBRS3 View Listings

This camper has been mostly trouble free straight from the factory. It pulls real good I like the fact that it came with a factory receiver hitch so I can double pull. The inside is comfortable and built really well. lots of storage inside and out.
- mike love, Arkansas

2020-09-21 2018 DRV Mobile Suites 38MSA View Listings

so far so good, good price for the amount of exposure. Listed it 2 days ago and had lots of views but no inquiries. Will cross our fingers the right person will see it and take it and enjoy it as we have.
- dallyup4, New Mexico

2020-09-05 2018 DRV Mobile Suites Sante Fe View Listings

Upon initial possession of my DRV, I loved it. Its seemed to have beautiful features and craftsmanship, at first. I work on the road and am in my RV way more thanmy house. I believe in paying for quality and thats why I went with the Mobile Suite, I am disappointed. Within the first couple times pulling it the trim piece just fell off, the trim piece that covers the seamson the walls weren't even pin nailed on! The sink fell in, they had just used caulking and expected it to hold in place, when I had it fixed the repair man said they never used the bracket that come with the sink when it was installed. My dishwasher was not bracketed down either and completely fell out when we were moving, and not just the door coming open the whole basin came out of the cupboard and was hanging on by the hoses and wiring. The oven ignition worked for the first month, after that I've had it repaired and it works for the first week now I just manually light it, because I'm tired of messing with it. The cook top cover is the granite counter top and is the same material as the rest of the counter tops, it must be up/open for venting purposes to use the oven which is fine, but it has come away from the hing its attached to twice and falls onto the top of the stove, pretty dangerous really. The closet door came unhooked from itself, its a bi-slide deal and again there is a little trim piece that catches and slides the 2nd part open or closed, it was not even pin nailed. The furniture is beautiful to look at, but don't let that fool you, its cold and not comfortable enough to even take a nap in. Then there is the cupboards, they look beautiful, they are tall, oh so tall, so tall I need a step ladder to get anything in or out of them. They are so tall you have to pack a step ladder everywhere, which makes it tough with an arm load of dishes or anything you might want to actually store in the cupboard. Whoever designed the shapes of these cupboards needs a lesson in dynamics and storage management. Sure they look great, but they didn't utilize the available space in the DRV and make any of them deep enough to actually store anything. Its the strangest thing I have ever seen, the space is there, they just didn't use it. Every cupboard over the TV, over the couch, and over the dining table, over the bed, have this strange bow shaped angle where the end cupboards flare out and taper down in the middle, leaving the cupboards completely useless to actually store anything. Its awful! Its absolutely the stupidest design I have ever seen, I mean the space is there USE IT! Another thing is the electric plugs, they put them in the oddest places and didn't put plugs in places you would expect. They put a plug in this tiny compartment in a long narrow cupboard next to the washer and dryer, that's not even big enough for a miniature coffee pot or a small blender, but didnt put any in the cupboards over the computer desk for a printer or anything like that, but the cupboard is not big enough for even the most compact printer so I guess thats probably why! So yeah, I am super frustrated about a few things about my DRV, my husband says that it tows good, and the automatic jacks are great! It is easy to setup and tear down, and it looks really pretty, but at the end of the day, its still a camper made in mass production in some factory with absolute no real design considerations or quality control.
- Full Timer, Texas

2020-08-28 2019 DRV Mobile Suites Nashville View Listings

Since 1995 I have owned four Travel Supreme 5th wheels and two other makes of fifth wheels before seeking a new unit in 2019. After touring the DRV factory and the Luxe factory and having a few phone discussions with each, I decided on the DRV. Several friends have had earlier versions of Mobile Suites and loved them. Since the day we brought the unit home it has been a disaster. The overall quality is very below par. Sent the unit in for warranty repairs which was a two page list. After three month and no phone calls, I picked the unit up with no work completed. I continue to have issues with landing gear, refrigerator, front door, all six slides leak when closed, dryer fell on the washer, bathroom faucet disconnected, cabinets broke apart, multiple gaps in the slides when open, (many bugs enter) and the electrical system is now acting up. And the extended warranty is crap. I wish I would have kept my old Travel Supreme with real tile floors and real wood cabinets and never gave me any issues. I really wish lightning would strike it or a tree falls on it.
- Troy Linback, Florida

2020-05-30 2020 Drv Mobile Suites 41RKSB4 View Listings

I bought this RV. And I got passed around like a hot potato when I had questions and problems I got told lies about return calls that I never got I dealt with explore USA and I do not recommend them to anybody the service that I paid for isn’t worth the paper it’s wrote on. I worked hard to pay for my RV and they have made me regret my purchase as soon as I got it. Pipes was loose to cause flooding and lights doesn’t work and also little stuff is breaking in the first week of my family bring in it. And still no help or return calls just broken promises. I just hope nobody else gets took advantage of like we did. I’ve ask and waited patiently for the owners to call for relief but I’m glad I wasn’t holding my breath. The service team at the wills point or canton location does not have there act together at all. If a person spends money on a warranty it should cover so you don’t have to pay out of pocket but I’m learning that’s part of the con. I dealt with Tracy he was very good but the rest of the team there does not care and will not respond to you. Please be cautious if you purchase my family was undecided between a luxe RV and the mobile suite and I decided to go mobile suite. So I guess I made the wrong decision and my family is paying the price over it. Wish I would of went luxe after seeing the care I have received. My grandfather use to say nobody cares how much you know until they know how much you care. This company shouldn’t be selling stuff they can’t back up
- Teddy Lee , Mississippi

2020-01-28 2018 DRV Mobile Suites 36RSSB3 View Listings

Everything about this DRV Mobile Suites is top of the line. Interior reflects height quality construction and design. The length is perfect for a couple traveling. Exterior has plenty of storage, easy access, worry-free self-leveling, full body paint. Even with the weight, hauling is easy. Once we got the unit away from the dealership, What problems we had initially were addressed satisfactorily by the Manufacturer.
- Suanne Smith, Washington

2020-01-22 2016 DRV Mobile Suites 36RSSB3 View Listings

Purchased 2016 MobiLe Suites 36RSS3B 1/17 as full time coach. Had water leak day 1, dealer said it was weather related- it was NOT. Water leaked last 34 months, dealer was terrible also. Coach spent months at dealer for said water leak plus, failed landing jack, theater seats peeled like steamed tomatoes, even never worked, then after 34 months of service- all four (4) slide floors are rotted. Granted Dixie RV sucked beyond belief, some of these issues are DRV related. After many unanswered e-mails to DRV, this is it. If you have a $100K you really don't enjoy anymore, buy a DRV product or you can shove that $100K up a wild pig's butt, set it on fire, and yell suey- you will get far more enjoyment!!! DRV and Dixie RV share this review, you both deserve it!!!!!!
- Freddie Taylor, Louisiana

2019-12-10 2013 DRV Mobile Suites 36RSSB3 View Listings

Purchased a 1990 Holiday Rambler new every little problems Lived in it from state to state job related Figured it was Time to replace figured I would look at The DRVs Went to factory watched assembly was not too impressed Asked why wiring not in a Harness instead just looking like thrown in under made a few other questions They didn't have answers But I still bought one special order Some of the worst Craftsmanship I have seen for a Unit you pay that kind of price for,Cabinet not square,Roof leaked (I had a fiberglass installed)Side wall above Entrance door Separated (DRVs response it's not hurt Structurally) I wanted a new wall would not do This all happened under Warranty 1st year out They fixed the Roof leak and Cabinets I have replaced the Bathroom door Hinges 2 times with the cheap ones that they use I finally had enough And went and found some good quality hinges and put on Bedroom Slide out Wall dropped Took to Shop the floor has rotted out DRVs Could care less Once you take Delivery Trying to talk to Someone became a waste after they Sold to Thor Would not return calls Always an Excuse I am very disappointed in DRVs They need to spend 5 minutes more on Quality control Like the Saying goes Buyer Beware You are spending a lot So check and double check Ask Them to Have more pride in their work
- Bill, Pennsylvania

2019-11-26 2020 DRV Mobile Suites 40KSSB4 View Listings

We loved the fifth wheel when we bought it but were a little let down with some of the workmanship and finishes inside. But the worst thing is the appalling customer service at DRV. We had some smaller issues like cupboard door closers falling off, leaking shower, terrible silicone jobs in kitchen and bathroom that had to be redone, carpet coming up, incorrect tv installation and silicone left all over our shower door and sides and shower head. But the two big things were a battery disconnect that doesn’t work and bad wheel alignment causing one tyre to wear. This is only a few months old. We’ve already been through two tyres and have had to jump start the trailer on multiple occasions because battery is dead. Have left approx 7-8 phone messages for DRV and spent a lot of time on many many occasions trying to talk to someone there and they do NOT get back to us at all. It’s disgraceful. Customer service is non existent. I wouldn’t recommend.
- Alison Leadbetter, Ontario

2019-11-23 2017 DRV Mobile Suites 36RSSB3 View Listings

Had a 2004 DRV mobile suite which we lived in for 14 months straight and had ZERO issues with it. So when my husband retired we bought a 2017 mobile suite and have already spent $7,000 in repairs with the biggest issue being the trailer brakes snapping off at random, draining all the hydraulic fluid and leaving us with NO trailer brakes. DO not buy ANYTHING made by Thor. They are death traps and because we were outside the warranty period they basically told us tough. The failure occurred this summer (2019) as we were driving down the interstate and we had to emergency brake only to find we had none. Luckily my husband has driven big rigs and was able to get us off the highway and into the emergency lane before we ran up on top of the car in front of us. And Thor is doing nothing as we have also heard from more than a dozen people who have had the same issue. Some day somebody is going to be killed due to this issue and I hope Thor is named as an accessory.
- Wendy S Bradley, Utah

2019-09-26 2014 DRV Mobile Suites 38RSSA View Listings

We purchased used (1 previous owner) from a reputable dealer in Elk City, OK. After 5 years of researching for the best 5th wheel on the market, we determined DRV was #1 and set out to own one. The community of DRV owners we came to know was an added bonus. This rig was built with full time living in mind. Couldn't be happier that we have had the opportunity to enjoy owning one.
- Marcellino, Maryland

2019-08-11 2014 DRV Mobile Suites 41RSSB4 View Listings

This is my second 5th wheel and the quality of the DVR is very apparent when you live in it full time! Best coach on the market today period!The full size washer dryer is wonderful as the residential double door fridge.In the master there is a full size walk in closet with a dresser which is plenty room for a couples things
- ronkuchel, Texas

2019-06-13 2017 DRV Mobile Suites 36RSSB3 View Listings

We bought a 2017 brand new DRV 39 foot fifth. We previously owned one in 2005 which we sold. How I wish we still had the 2005. Ever since Thor bought DRV the product has been junk. First the slide door between main cabin and BR came off it’s track. Had to cut the wall for that repair. Then the gas water heater wouldn’t light so that had to get fixed. Next was the sensor for the entire a/c had to be replaced. Next was the co/lp sensor had to be replaced and now we’re sitting at an auto repair shop because the main brake line came disconnected and we have no trailer brakes. DO NOT buy DRV. It could be hazardous to your health. I’ll never own another one.
- Wendy Pisto, Utah

2019-05-19 2017 DRV Mobile Suites 44 Nashville View Listings

High Quality Craftsmanship, HIghly Insulated for winter camping, truly a four seasons unit. It has the residential build and feel and you think your setting at home instead of camping. It has lots of storage space and room to entertain no matter where you are and its a great unit for full time or just vacation getaways. If you can find a good used one that’s the best kind as someone else can take the BIG Depreciation loss so you wont have to. They have done a great job of thinking things thru when building and designing as I cant say that for most manufacturers. The complaints that some people have on here are usually through their own fault of not taking care of their units and doing the required maintenance. Hope you enjoy camping and with this unit you can go wrong
- Roger Tate, Tennessee

2019-05-19 2018 DRV Mobile Suites Sante Fe View Listings

I bought this unit after owning Keystone, Forest River and Dutchman! I love it!!!!!! I’m selling only because I cannot afford it due to illness. It’s beautiful and truly a house on wheels!!!!!! It’s a full timer and offers comfort and depependability! If your looking for the best then it’s a DRV!!
- Laura Emonin, Tennessee

2019-05-15 2017 DRV Mobile Suites 44 Nashville View Listings

The Mobile Suite Nashville 44 floor plan is fantastic and has all the comforts of home. This is a great 4 season unit with heated underbelly that allows winter camping without pipes freezing. This is a quality and well built unit with three and half inch wooden stud walls just like house. It has lots of features like half bath, induction, lots of storage space just a overall great unit.
- Roger, Kentucky

2019-03-31 2017 DRV Mobile Suites 38RSSA View Listings

After living in it 2 years, still has a musty wood smell I thought would dissipate because it was new when I purchased. The reeking smell gets in our clothes, is aggravating. These unit set on an open lot caulk for months waiting for paint. Then they are are caulk with acrylic base caulk. It cracks easy and must be re caulked ASAP. I'm told this is the DRV smell. I spent 1.5 years trying to stop wet insulation in the belly. Pulling the freshwater tank I found the plastic vent fitting the over flow hose connects to was mashed before installation causing water to spill into the enclosed cavity. I'm certified in mold remediation, haven't found any but was kicked off a DRV Owners Group page for mentioning it. The 1st day I drove it home the marker lights fell out, the hole are larger than the light garments. I week later the main AC quit. Took 2 month for the warranty to replace it at the dealer. For spending 120K plus, I rather have a much cheaper unit. It would be fairly nice now if I can get rid of this darn smell.
- David Sikes, Oklahoma