Damon Reviews on RV Insider (83)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Damon RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Jan Reading from Illinois says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2005 Damon Daybreak 3270 View Listings

I just love this Rv the floor plan is awesome lots of room with the full slide. The only down side is if you are wanting to do a lot of travel long distances a little hard to drive. Going thru mountains was a little hard going up and down motor runs hard.
- Jan Reading, Illinois

2020-09-28 2010 Damon Daybreak Sport View Listings

We love this RV! Great floor plan, great engine, easy to drive, good looking, and extremely affordable! Very clean home. It has been very well taken care of. Pride of ownership. With only 23000 miles, that says it all.
- Dana, New York

2020-09-17 2006 Damon Astoria 3595 View Listings

We bought the RV to see if we would like to travel in a RV and set up for a few weeks at a time. Turns out we love it. There is only the wife and I and occasionally the grandkid. It sleeps five comfortably. It has a super slide and levels easily with the auto levelers. The unit has two TVs (front and rear bedroom). I replaced the RV queen mattress with a REGFULAR size queen--got tired of my feet hanging out at the bottom. I bought an extended warranty and if you read the number of new parts--it was well worth the extra money. We are looking to upgrade to a newer, NOT brand new unit with 3 slides or 4. I am retiring again and we will travel more. We did NOT smoke or live in the RV. It did come in handy when we lost electricity at our house for an extended period due to severe storms. I have always kept it under cover or inside when not in use. All the maitenance records are available from CRABTREE RV and Levis Diesel since I have owned this unit.
- Ken Goodleaf, Arkansas

2020-09-12 2009 Damon Daybreak 3575 View Listings

I would like to purchase this RV. I'm retired now, single and ready to be a full time camper. I've been camping for two and a half years now. I own a TT 34' now. I'm extremely interested in this purchase. I'm a serious buyer.
- Johnnie Mae Pitts, South Carolina

2020-07-25 2004 Damon Intruder 373 View Listings

Bought this used from Delmarva rv it was a junk lemon or what else you want to call it.Paid more than it was worth .went on our first campingntrip goingnnto the camp ground it was ok coming home got sticking the middle of rt14 13 in bridgevill e de had the state police in back,of me so i wouldn't get high cost m e 259.00 for the tow then 850.00 for a new alternator then end of Sept went to va for a weekend coming home the slide in the dinning area fell apart it was loaded with rot molkd and mildew it's been in the repair shop since octbb2 2019 it's being fixed right now at a cost of 12500 dollars Delmarva rv didntnstand in back of it they said you bought it you own it don't buynftommdelnnarva rv in any locations in delaware R
- Charles McCabe, Delaware

2020-07-24 2008 Damon Daybreak 3276 View Listings

I have owned this RV for 5 years now and love it! The layout is very open and nice. I took the family on an 18 day road trip... 9 states over 5000 miles and all 6 of us were comfortable the entire time. I would highly recommend for anyone wanting to create fun family memories and experience new places. I have never had any out of the ordinary issues... just regular maintenance due to wear and tear. 5 Stars!
- Natalie Schuster, Texas

2020-06-07 2007 Damon Astoria Pacific 3774 View Listings

Loved it! Bought is used from our accountant who used it for horse shows. GREAT condition. We had 2 kids at the time, ages 2 and 9months...we sold it in 2016 after driving across the country in our last trip, with 5 kids. We wanted something with a bunkhouse.
- Kathleen Porter, California

2020-04-13 2010 Damon Astoria 3470 View Listings

One issue I have with this rig is I can drive for miles and miles then all of a sudden the high temp buzzer comes on doesn’t have to be climbing a hill will happen on a flat straight stretch. I then stop shut engine off restart it after a short time and it cools down and then away I go not knowing when it will happen again could be soon or not for miles. When this happens I go to the back and the fan is not blowing The coolant level is good the rad is clean I have replaced the fan clutch the fan relay. I have pulled the fan relay out then this problem has not happened but then the check engine light is always on. Can anyone give some advice on this issue and has anyone else had this kind of issue with their rig. Thanks
- Frank Goertzen , Alberta

2020-04-10 2008 Damon Astoria Pacific 3786 View Listings

We have owned since new. Freight liner chassis is reliable. We full time and made many mods over the years. Added 810w solar, magnium 2812 inverter, gen auto start, desk storage, washer/dryer. Safe-T-Plus. Upgraded driver/passenger seats.
- Stephen Alexander, Texas

2020-02-11 2011 Damon Astoria 3772 View Listings

By a quirk of titling this 2011 is in all aspects a 2010. So it's the same as a 10,09 etc. I was told never buy a motorhome new. Let the first owner suffer through all the warranty claims. What rubbish! In the first month the lounge TV quit. Dealer sent me a replacement in a week. Only other glitch has been the false overheating indicator which was fixed with a new fan (not cheap). 9 years old the driver and passenger seats began to wear badly. According to what I have been told Thor specified a CC (cheap chinese) material.Those seats will have to be recovered. Protect the lounge sofas with a Mexican blanket This coach is a great product. On the luxury scale it's a 5 out of 10. For functioanality 8 out of 10.For general reliability 9 out of 10.They look good particularly if the have the full body paint in Tiger Eye. The only glitch I have is that the drain valves are low but the tanks drain easily and emptying is not a problem. A diesel pusher is not cheap to maintain and service. But at the price new they have adequate power and enough comfort to make travelling in them a pleasure.
- Phil Nelson, British Columbia

2019-11-16 2003 Damon Escaper 3979 View Listings

I have driven this RV for four years, it drives very well and has an amazing jake brake. I tow a Jeep Cherokee behind and it has adequate power but not excessive power. I am a professional driver so I can get max fuel mileage, if I say how much you won't believe me so I say in excess of 10 mpg. Also of note I never have to add oil between changes. Interior is very nice and comfortable, and color coordinated. Exterior has no dents or scratches but some clear coat bubbles that have been repaired. Compare this with any other at $50,000.
- Aveery West, Arizona

2019-10-26 2010 Damon Challenger 371 View Listings

Great RV to live in. Spent the past year in one of these travelling for work. The small things that have broken with normal wear and tear were easy to repair. Loads of storage both inside and outside meant there was enough room easily for two people without sacrificing too many of our belongings when moving into the RV.
- Chris Marlowe, Tennessee

2019-10-05 2006 Damon Astoria Pacifica 3465 View Listings

I have enjoyed this unit. It is a solid motor coach on a Freightliner chassis. Freightliner has service locations all over the country. The Damon Astoria Pacifica very comfortable and quiet livable. This unit drives well and once you become familiar with the driving manner of the coach you can go just about anywhere. The model I have is a early 2007 model that was sold in 2006, therefore tilted as an 2006. For the money you get a lot of luxury.
- C Smith, Texas

2019-07-14 2001 Damon Ultrasport 3679 View Listings

This unit has taken us from Tennessee to California to South Dakota to Alaska all without any mechanical problems and an average of about 9 mpg. We have towed several different cars, including our Honda CRV most of those places as well as our Chevy Malibu. Each with ease. You can coast down the road at a fuel-efficient 65 mpg. My wife has enjoyed driving much of they way since it is so comfortable to drive and easy handling. We never smoked in the RV and have stayed as much as six months at a time in the coach along with our two small dogs. The floor plan is very open. Most of the "RV" furniture that came with it was removed and we put in our own round oak dinning table and two great Flexsteel swivel recliners instead of the uncomfortable sleeper sofa and tiny dinette. With the exception of replacing the microwave/convection oven most everything else is what came with the coach. The rear backup camera works well and the dual air conditioners keep the temp as cool as you want it even where we were in the August HOT temps of Las Vegas and Phoenix. The fridge is a dual electric and propane powered unit that has a nice size freezer side my side with the fridge. Most of the interior lighting has been switched to LED bulbs. We did have a Banks Diesel Power Pack installed when we first bought the unit. In effect it added about 35% more torque to the 275 hp Cummins diesel. It acts more like 335 HP with this system. Also installed were powered MCD dual shades over the windshield and manual MCD shades on driver and passenger windows and entry door. As we got older we no longer wanted to travel like we used to and that is why we are selling it. It has been under a fabric cover on one of our home lots next door.
- Sam Lee, Washington

2019-07-03 2011 Damon Avanti 3106 View Listings

The Frightliner chasis with Cummings diesel engine is the best on the highway. Great mileage with low maintenance. So easy to drive and handel. You can live in this coach for weeks and even months. Tons of storage.
- Gary Henry, Arkansas

2019-06-15 2011 Damon Challenger 32VS View Listings

Great unit. Easy to drive. Sleeps 6 comfortably with Queen size bed in bedroom area, Queen size pull out bed in living room, jackknife bed in living room and fold down bed in dining area. Lots of storage under living area. Generator, 2 TV's, movie player and rear camera. Tow hitch, exhaust diverter, bick rack and many other amenities.
- Ray Pysher, North Carolina

2019-06-07 1995 Damon Ultrasport 2002 View Listings

Great solid, comfortable RV. Good floorplan, small size, big attributes. Easy to drive and maneuver. I graduated from towing a trailer with a pickup to a motorized unit with ability to tow small car. Traveling is easier since you can walk through to sleeping area without exiting vehicle. I like the integrated generator (& its automatic shut-off!) & propane, the bigger V-8 engine, & how quick it is to cool/heat. The kitchen and door placed in the back is a vast improvement over centrally located. Seems to take up less room & can open door to vent more. Overhead bunk is gigantic! I like the extra thick cushions on couch and dinette since I've got a bad back. My previous ones had thinner cushions and I had to add padding. Plenty of storage, fridge is big enough and cold enough. Everything needed to camp comfortably.
- Myra, Florida

2019-05-28 2009 Damon Outlaw 3611 View Listings

This absolutely gorgeous RV. Has room for all your needs. The RV has a queen bed upstairs along with pull out couch/ sleeper and table area is also a sleeping area . The RV also has room in back to haul toys. You won’t have to haul them behind.
- Wendy Dickinson, California

2019-04-10 2007 Damon Outlaw 3611 View Listings

We love our RV only selling to downsize. Drives great and dash air is good and cool. Good mirror visibility and backup camera. It has a manual 20' awning that is almost new. Also has automatic leveling jacks. Excellent Condition.
- David A Whitaker, Tennessee

2019-03-14 2008 Damon Astoria Pacific 3770 View Listings

My family and I traveled in this RV for 6 months as we saw the country. We pulled our Jeep in tow and had a great time with no trouble. We have settled down in our new home and it is time for the Damon Astoria to find a new home as well. Hope the next owner enjoys it as much as we did.
- Jamie Suiter, Arizona

2019-02-18 2008 Damon Challenger 377 View Listings

2008 Damon Challenger 377 Platinum fully loaded, beautiful motorhome for the value. It is very comfortable and the ride is smooth. Whether you are a full or part timer, it has everything needed for a long or weekend trip. The cost of ownership is easily managed by regular maintenance.
- Sue Norwood, Illinois

2019-01-23 2009 Damon Astoria Pacific 3778 View Listings

This is a great RV with loads of features. Damon is now a Thor product and this was one of their best. We full timed in this RV for 9 years and went to all four corners of North America including most Canadian provinces and all US states except Alaska and Hawaii. Great towing vehicle from Death Valley up to 11,000 feet over the Rockies. Engine is a solid performer with few problems and the drive train acts relatively new, and we've averaged just over 9 mpg. Very comfortable seating up front and the view out the single window is unmatched. Plenty of extra features like the central vac and washer dryer really make it a full time condo on wheels. Large basement with easy entry doors making hauling most of your extra stuff very manageable. Never had a leak or slide problem like many other models and we've been through every type of weather. Again a good solid RV whether you are a weekend person or full time traveler.
- Bruce, Texas

2019-01-03 2009 Damon Astoria Pacific 3778 View Listings

My husband and I just finished building our first home together, even though we've been married 28 years! He said we should live on-site while the home was being built, so he purchased this travel trailer. Whoever is reading this doesn't know me, but I'll put it THIS way.....THIS GIRL DOESN'T CAMP! So the idea of a "camper" was certainly an eye roll moment for me! My friends actually had bets that I wouldn't last two weeks. However, I am here to say that I stayed in this camper 590 days and it was just fine! The king-sized bed in this camper was actually MORE comfortable than the one we had in our old house! I'm a big cook, so I had to get used to not having a BIG kitchen, but what we had was fine. We are now living in a 4,000 square foot home on 15 acres, and I often look over at the camper and think, "It sure was easier to clean than THIS house!" !!LOL!! I made it 590 days (even though I'm a high-maintenance woman) because it was so comfortable. I loved the setup too! Having the big recliners in front of the TV and HUGE windows along the opposite wall made it feel OPEN and not claustrophobic. My stepson built us a nice deck and we put patio furniture out there and the "Redneck Riveria" was born. Being a woman, the ONLY issue I had was space for clothes and shoes - - but I just didn't keep a lot in the camper and would change out my clothes every few weeks from our storage building. (I'm talking about hanging space for clothes). There is a great chest of drawers at the foot of the bed and LOTS of storage under the bed. There is also a small closet as you come into the camper where you can hang jackets and store umbrellas....so it DOES have storage space! This camper really is comfortable and would make a great "go to" camp in the woods or a nice hunting camp for hunters.
- Helen Dufreche, Louisiana

2018-12-21 1999 Damon Escaper 3980 View Listings

I am the second owner of this RV. The first owner took excellent care of it and this RV was garage kept since new. The original owner had several up grades installed such as front suspension stabilizers, residential ref/freezer, Mitchelin Tires, wood flooring, electric leather recliners, porcelain toilet, and more. As the second owner, I have had several upgrades installed as well. A new Colman 15K BTU A/C - Heat pump, Satellite system,Tire pressure monitoring system, Cobra CB, Dream Dinette / Sleeper, New washer/dryer combo, new microwave, under counter coffee maker to name a few. This RV is road ready and has been serviced by professional service centers. No oil leaks of any kind. It also has a diesel generator with just over 1K running hours that will run all og the electrical systems on board. Manufactors warranty support has never been used.
- Frank R Chavez, Texas

2018-11-18 2007 Damon Outlaw 3611 View Listings

I have loved my Outlaw...but I am experiencing one really major problem. First the front suspension just rattles my teeth sometime when I hit a bump. This has caused the front passenger corner on the inside to literally be falling apart. My windshield has gaps in it on that side. My dash literally moves up and down as I roll down the road, and if you look down where the passenger wall and floor meet...you can literally see the road as a gap opens and closes as you roll. It's never been in a wreck and you can't tell anything from the outside. Anybody else have this problem?
- Evan French, Kansas