Damon RVs Reviews (72)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Damon RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

John Simmons from Michigan says:

Have you owned any Damon RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2003 Damon Intruder 374 View Listings

I have owned several motor homes and the Damon was by far the best quality out there unless you want to spend 1/2 million on a used Prevost. Had great luck with it! And highly recommend them!
- John Simmons, Michigan

2019-10-05 2006 Damon Astoria Pacifica 3465 View Listings

I have enjoyed this unit. It is a solid motor coach on a Freightliner chassis. Freightliner has service locations all over the country. The Damon Astoria Pacifica very comfortable and quiet livable. This unit drives well and once you become familiar with the driving manner of the coach you can go just about anywhere. The model I have is a early 2007 model that was sold in 2006, therefore tilted as an 2006. For the money you get a lot of luxury.
- C Smith, Texas

2019-07-14 2001 Damon Ultrasport 3679 View Listings

This unit has taken us from Tennessee to California to South Dakota to Alaska all without any mechanical problems and an average of about 9 mpg. We have towed several different cars, including our Honda CRV most of those places as well as our Chevy Malibu. Each with ease. You can coast down the road at a fuel-efficient 65 mpg. My wife has enjoyed driving much of they way since it is so comfortable to drive and easy handling. We never smoked in the RV and have stayed as much as six months at a time in the coach along with our two small dogs. The floor plan is very open. Most of the "RV" furniture that came with it was removed and we put in our own round oak dinning table and two great Flexsteel swivel recliners instead of the uncomfortable sleeper sofa and tiny dinette. With the exception of replacing the microwave/convection oven most everything else is what came with the coach. The rear backup camera works well and the dual air conditioners keep the temp as cool as you want it even where we were in the August HOT temps of Las Vegas and Phoenix. The fridge is a dual electric and propane powered unit that has a nice size freezer side my side with the fridge. Most of the interior lighting has been switched to LED bulbs. We did have a Banks Diesel Power Pack installed when we first bought the unit. In effect it added about 35% more torque to the 275 hp Cummins diesel. It acts more like 335 HP with this system. Also installed were powered MCD dual shades over the windshield and manual MCD shades on driver and passenger windows and entry door. As we got older we no longer wanted to travel like we used to and that is why we are selling it. It has been under a fabric cover on one of our home lots next door.
- Sam Lee, Washington

2019-07-03 2011 Damon Avanti 3106 View Listings

The Frightliner chasis with Cummings diesel engine is the best on the highway. Great mileage with low maintenance. So easy to drive and handel. You can live in this coach for weeks and even months. Tons of storage.
- Gary Henry, Arkansas

2019-06-15 2011 Damon Challenger 32VS View Listings

Great unit. Easy to drive. Sleeps 6 comfortably with Queen size bed in bedroom area, Queen size pull out bed in living room, jackknife bed in living room and fold down bed in dining area. Lots of storage under living area. Generator, 2 TV's, movie player and rear camera. Tow hitch, exhaust diverter, bick rack and many other amenities.
- Ray Pysher, North Carolina

2019-06-07 1995 Damon Ultrasport 2002 View Listings

Great solid, comfortable RV. Good floorplan, small size, big attributes. Easy to drive and maneuver. I graduated from towing a trailer with a pickup to a motorized unit with ability to tow small car. Traveling is easier since you can walk through to sleeping area without exiting vehicle. I like the integrated generator (& its automatic shut-off!) & propane, the bigger V-8 engine, & how quick it is to cool/heat. The kitchen and door placed in the back is a vast improvement over centrally located. Seems to take up less room & can open door to vent more. Overhead bunk is gigantic! I like the extra thick cushions on couch and dinette since I've got a bad back. My previous ones had thinner cushions and I had to add padding. Plenty of storage, fridge is big enough and cold enough. Everything needed to camp comfortably.
- Myra, Florida

2019-05-28 2009 Damon Outlaw 3611 View Listings

This absolutely gorgeous RV. Has room for all your needs. The RV has a queen bed upstairs along with pull out couch/ sleeper and table area is also a sleeping area . The RV also has room in back to haul toys. You won’t have to haul them behind.
- Wendy Dickinson, California

2019-04-10 2007 Damon Outlaw 3611 View Listings

We love our RV only selling to downsize. Drives great and dash air is good and cool. Good mirror visibility and backup camera. It has a manual 20' awning that is almost new. Also has automatic leveling jacks. Excellent Condition.
- David A Whitaker, Tennessee

2019-03-14 2008 Damon Astoria Pacific 3770 View Listings

My family and I traveled in this RV for 6 months as we saw the country. We pulled our Jeep in tow and had a great time with no trouble. We have settled down in our new home and it is time for the Damon Astoria to find a new home as well. Hope the next owner enjoys it as much as we did.
- Jamie Suiter, Arizona

2019-02-18 2008 Damon Challenger 377 View Listings

2008 Damon Challenger 377 Platinum fully loaded, beautiful motorhome for the value. It is very comfortable and the ride is smooth. Whether you are a full or part timer, it has everything needed for a long or weekend trip. The cost of ownership is easily managed by regular maintenance.
- Sue Norwood, Illinois

2019-01-23 2009 Damon Astoria Pacific 3778 View Listings

This is a great RV with loads of features. Damon is now a Thor product and this was one of their best. We full timed in this RV for 9 years and went to all four corners of North America including most Canadian provinces and all US states except Alaska and Hawaii. Great towing vehicle from Death Valley up to 11,000 feet over the Rockies. Engine is a solid performer with few problems and the drive train acts relatively new, and we've averaged just over 9 mpg. Very comfortable seating up front and the view out the single window is unmatched. Plenty of extra features like the central vac and washer dryer really make it a full time condo on wheels. Large basement with easy entry doors making hauling most of your extra stuff very manageable. Never had a leak or slide problem like many other models and we've been through every type of weather. Again a good solid RV whether you are a weekend person or full time traveler.
- Bruce, Texas

2019-01-03 2009 Damon Astoria Pacific 3778 View Listings

My husband and I just finished building our first home together, even though we've been married 28 years! He said we should live on-site while the home was being built, so he purchased this travel trailer. Whoever is reading this doesn't know me, but I'll put it THIS way.....THIS GIRL DOESN'T CAMP! So the idea of a "camper" was certainly an eye roll moment for me! My friends actually had bets that I wouldn't last two weeks. However, I am here to say that I stayed in this camper 590 days and it was just fine! The king-sized bed in this camper was actually MORE comfortable than the one we had in our old house! I'm a big cook, so I had to get used to not having a BIG kitchen, but what we had was fine. We are now living in a 4,000 square foot home on 15 acres, and I often look over at the camper and think, "It sure was easier to clean than THIS house!" !!LOL!! I made it 590 days (even though I'm a high-maintenance woman) because it was so comfortable. I loved the setup too! Having the big recliners in front of the TV and HUGE windows along the opposite wall made it feel OPEN and not claustrophobic. My stepson built us a nice deck and we put patio furniture out there and the "Redneck Riveria" was born. Being a woman, the ONLY issue I had was space for clothes and shoes - - but I just didn't keep a lot in the camper and would change out my clothes every few weeks from our storage building. (I'm talking about hanging space for clothes). There is a great chest of drawers at the foot of the bed and LOTS of storage under the bed. There is also a small closet as you come into the camper where you can hang jackets and store umbrellas....so it DOES have storage space! This camper really is comfortable and would make a great "go to" camp in the woods or a nice hunting camp for hunters.
- Helen Dufreche, Louisiana

2018-12-21 1999 Damon Escaper 3980 View Listings

I am the second owner of this RV. The first owner took excellent care of it and this RV was garage kept since new. The original owner had several up grades installed such as front suspension stabilizers, residential ref/freezer, Mitchelin Tires, wood flooring, electric leather recliners, porcelain toilet, and more. As the second owner, I have had several upgrades installed as well. A new Colman 15K BTU A/C - Heat pump, Satellite system,Tire pressure monitoring system, Cobra CB, Dream Dinette / Sleeper, New washer/dryer combo, new microwave, under counter coffee maker to name a few. This RV is road ready and has been serviced by professional service centers. No oil leaks of any kind. It also has a diesel generator with just over 1K running hours that will run all og the electrical systems on board. Manufactors warranty support has never been used.
- Frank R Chavez, Texas

2018-11-18 2007 Damon Outlaw 3611 View Listings

I have loved my Outlaw...but I am experiencing one really major problem. First the front suspension just rattles my teeth sometime when I hit a bump. This has caused the front passenger corner on the inside to literally be falling apart. My windshield has gaps in it on that side. My dash literally moves up and down as I roll down the road, and if you look down where the passenger wall and floor meet...you can literally see the road as a gap opens and closes as you roll. It's never been in a wreck and you can't tell anything from the outside. Anybody else have this problem?
- Evan French, Kansas

2018-08-14 1995 Damon Ultrasport 3250 View Listings

I just bought this as a fixer-upper (my eigth one), never before having a Damon product. Always liked the separate toilet space that Damon has in many if their coaches. Now after three days of repairs, I am finding some very poor workmanship and low quality design in extirior areas. Very dissappointed. However, this is where I shine...in doing modifications to improve these areas. You nearly always get what you pay for!!
- Shell, Oregon

2018-08-07 2005 Damon Ultrasport 3465 View Listings

Our first diesel pusher, been a good reliable rig . The drivetrain is powerful enough to pull a car/trailer. Does pretty good in the hills, really steep grades need to downshift of course. Handles well in the wind and when semitrucks pass. Overall the appliances and other components have worked well. Fit and finish is pretty good overall.
- jim zapp, Arizona

2018-08-01 2008 Damon Challenger 377 View Listings

You can live comfortably in the 2008 Damon Challenger 377. It has all the amenities needed whether a full or part time RVer. Great for long or short trips. It has a smooth ride and the Workhorse chassis steering allows for easy maneuverability whether on a roadway or in campgrounds. The corner mirrors and backup camera allows for easy backing in campground spots. He 6 speed Allison transmission allows the RV to climb through the mountains and the grade control definitely controls the vehicle on steep grades. The Challenger is a nice driving vehicle with all the comforts of home!
- Susan Norwood, Illinois

2018-07-25 1994 Damon Challenger 310 View Listings

Though this is older unit it is very nice and clean. Engine runs smooth, drives well. The equipment in it is first class, the woodwork is beautiful and the lay out could not be any better. Things were installed very well and that they made an outstanding product.
- David McCanna, Ohio

2018-07-12 2006 Damon Tuscany 4076 View Listings

A terrific unit with a great floor plan which has given us a number of years of service. Quality has not been an issue at all with our unit. The Freightliner chassis is a dream to drive, and tows our Ford F-150 4X4 with no problems. The finishing inside the unit has held up well for us with our travels.
- Dave Starr, Ontario

2018-07-08 2007 Damon Outlaw 3611 View Listings

I love my rv have had only one problem. keep a check on the calk seal on the front and rear on the roof watch for leaks. Other than that I have had no problems.I heard that when Thor took they have problems.
- Conrad Zinkhan, Maryland

2018-07-08 2007 Damon Outlaw 3611 View Listings

- Conrad Zinkhan, Maryland

2018-07-05 2000 Damon Intruder 349 View Listings

The Damon Intruder is a well built and designed Motor home.It has a lot of classey,extra touches to set it apart from the average.Mine being a 2000 year model..I feel has more of the"extra" touches than I expected for the price.I have been well satisfied with it over the past six yrs..I have recently had one total hip replacement..and going in for the other within the next 3 months..and need a diesel pusher to get rid of the Motor box to climb over.I am currently looking at a Damon Ultrasport diesel pusher.I feel there is a lot for the money.Thanks!
- kenneth duckworth, Alabama

2018-06-22 2001 Damon Ultrasport 3876 View Listings

Loved traveling in this coach! So quite up front with rear diesel engine. Plenty of power to tow, easy to drive & great ride.All the comforts of home with central ducted AC,Large glassed in shower with skylight,plenty of storage washer&dryer combo,queen bed and with 2 slide outs lots of space!
- Jo Venhaus, Texas

2018-06-14 2004 Damon Intruder 379 View Listings

Livability is great. Plenty of room. You don’t feel closed in. Quality and workmanship is good. Rugs get worn out easily. There is always a lot of traffic. Floor plan is payed out nicely and space is used efficiently. It takes a little to get used to driving at first it is like driving a bus but you get used to it quickly. It has a ten cylinder engine so the gas mileage isn’t as good as you might like but if you drive smart you could get up to 12 mpg. It’s manufactured well as far as warentee I bought it used and have owned it 6 or 7 years and have had no trouble. I have updated it a little and replaced some items.
- Ralph, Connecticut

2018-05-29 2007 Damon Daybreak 3276 View Listings

Nice entry level RV, plenty of room for our family. Made lots of great memories. Drives nice, comfortable, great floor plan. Exterior and decals were disappointing. Daymond sent new decals under warranty but not the labor.
- Dan Green, Illinois