Damon

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Damon RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Jan Reading from Illinois says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2005 Damon Daybreak 3270 View Listings

I just love this Rv the floor plan is awesome lots of room with the full slide. The only down side is if you are wanting to do a lot of travel long distances a little hard to drive. Going thru mountains was a little hard going up and down motor runs hard.
- Jan Reading, Illinois

2021-10-09 2006 Damon Intruder 374W View Listings

We bought this RV to see if it would fit our traveling adventures. Learning curve definitely, as I found out how easy it was to do a U-Turn on a one way dirt road. Ended up being simple, as this coach has a tight radius. Cooking is easy with the stove, and oven. Though, in hot climates, you should have an outside kitchen setup. Hot inside when cooking. We added a leaf spring on the right side of the coach after our first year. Because, as most coaches lean to the right, due to manufacturers loading the weight primarily on the right. This made the next 6 summers of driving much easier. 2 a/c units work wonderfully, and keep temp comfortable all day and night. Swapped mattress to a 10” foam, and love it. The bedroom storage is ample to live in this coach full time. Living room/kitchen storage is also quite adequate. We packed a full set of ‘kitchen’ inside. Outside storage is crazy good, I have a hard time using all the space, and typically have extra room underneath. I wish the gas tank was bigger, 75 gl, but I got used to stopping for a break on long trips. The fresh/gray/black tanks are easily managed. I wish the fresh/gray were bigger, but they are pretty standard. 80/40/40 We have travelled over 30 states, and 35,000 miles in our care. This is a great coach, and has been taken care of . Now, it’s your turn to continue the story
- Eric H Pigman, Illinois

2021-09-08 2000 Damon Challenger 335 View Listings

I've owned this RV since 2010 and bought it with 10,000 miles. I'm the second owner. Very low miles(22k)on a very reliable Chevy Workhorse. The current price is a tremendous value - tons of life left in the RV and huge potential to create great new experiences for a new owner! Roof is in great condition. Some of the decals on the exterior are starting to fade and peel, but the exterior is is great overall condition. One small scrape on front bumper, but no dents. We used the RV to camp with our two daughters locally in the Black Hills of South Dakota. The kids are grown and we've updgraded to a diesel. The interior is clean and in super condition (no rips/tears). The TV is dated, but we simpy used laptop and portable LCD to stream instead. This RV is perfect for the budget buyer or a relatively inexpensie entry to the RV life!
- Eric, South Dakota

2021-07-11 2007 Damon Astoria 3776 View Listings

Bought this rig in 2016 now have 5 years on it. Have crossed Country in it a couple of times. I have a love hate relationship with it. Love the ride and comfort this coach brings. Lived in it on our travels To Florida for 2 months and it is comfortable for my wife and I with the occasional grandchildren visits. Now to the hate in the relationship. As one would expect there is always something to be repaired on a rig. It has all the features of your house as well as a diesel drive train and air systems that need maintenance and occasional repairs. Overall It holds up to the nicer rigs we have seen in our travels.We get lots of compliments on it where ever we go and love the comfort you get when you are away from home. We will keep more adventures coming with lots of smiles per miles to come.
- Metalman, Michigan

2021-06-05 2008 Damon Challenger 377 View Listings

My wife and I lived in the RV full-time for my last two years in the Army. For two people, it is plenty of space, particularly with the included 21'x8' screen room attachment that goes under the large awning. Also, living at an RV Park you have the outside activities that help add to the enjoyment of RV living. We never went "boondocking", but the Onan 550 generator would provide sufficient power for all necessary appliances and HVAC. The RV gives a smooth ride, similar to a car, including at highway speeds 75 mph , even with a trailer. Just don't forget to take your turns, w-i-d-e! Overall, this RV served it's purpose for us. We're now retired and plan to spend the next couple years building a business, so RV travel is on hold for a while. If you're familiar with RV's, campers, etc., you know not to leave them idle for too long otherwise the gremlins move in... This is why we're selling. I hope you come by to see it and if you decide to purchase it, that you enjoy it for a very long time.
- John Doehler, South Carolina

2021-05-24 2006 Damon Daybreak 3274F View Listings

This RV is very easy to drive, even towing a Jeep behind us. The powerful Ford V-10 engine makes is feel like you're not even towing anything. It is easy to set up at the campsite and quite comfortable to live in. The queen bed is even more comfortable than our bed at home. Very easy to maintain 65-70 mph.
- Larry Reynolds, Texas

2021-05-14 2009 Damon Tuscany 4072 View Listings

The layout is perfect for full-time living or large families to gather. Private bedroom. Private bathroom with separate toilet room. Drives nice, strong going up mountains and easy to turn. The outdoor entertainment center is nice. Awnings are large and work well. The basement is super spacious. We have carried paddleboards, kayaks, two bikes under there. (not at the same time) The basement slide-out can fully extend on both sides. The built-in vacuum is amazing. The king-size bed was a must and it is very comfortable with nightstands for chargers and other items. Ample plugs and lighting.
- Juda York, Texas

2021-02-27 2005 Damon Ultrasport 4075 View Listings

Love the layout. Wonderful quality with everything we want. Full oven, large fridge, comfortable bed. It drives great, plenty of storage for everything and pulls a Jeep gladiator like it's not even being towed. Cat 350 purrs like a kitten.
- Clay, North Carolina

2021-02-24 2009 Damon Daybreak 3370 View Listings

For 2 people there's more than enough room to live comfortably and the storage both inside and out is ample. The factory furniture is comfortable and functional. The overall quality of the interior is lacking for it's price point. However, the exterior, motor and F53 chassis perform as well as you could hope. Since the interior is easily up-gradable it's not bad overall. The floor plan is fantastic and well thought out. The living area is set up to be able to interact with others. You're not on a couch looking over a table
- J. L., Wisconsin

2021-02-19 2003 Damon Ultrasport 3873 View Listings

We love this RV... Has been amazing Not issues at all. .............................................................................................................................................................................................
- George, California

2021-02-01 2010 Damon Daybreak 3211 View Listings

This is a great RV for family trips or for just a couple enjoying the open road. It's roomy and decorated very classy and is well maintained. Best of all the mileage is under 9000!!! We've had great times in this rig, however with work schedules we can't seem to find the time to utilize it as much as we thought. With the low miles, under 200 hours on the generator and an extended warranty this RV will provide years of enjoyment to come.
- rjw613@gmail.com, Michigan

2020-12-08 2003 Damon Daybreak 3285 View Listings

Great motor home! We never had any issues! Love the floorplan! Tons of storage everywhere! I love how the back bedroom is seperate and private. The length is perfect, not so long that you have trouble getting a campsite but just long enough. We had such great adventures in our Damon Daybreak!
- Joel, Florida

2020-09-28 2010 Damon Daybreak Sport View Listings

We love this RV! Great floor plan, great engine, easy to drive, good looking, and extremely affordable! Very clean home. It has been very well taken care of. Pride of ownership. With only 23000 miles, that says it all.
- Dana, New York

2020-09-17 2006 Damon Astoria 3595 View Listings

We bought the RV to see if we would like to travel in a RV and set up for a few weeks at a time. Turns out we love it. There is only the wife and I and occasionally the grandkid. It sleeps five comfortably. It has a super slide and levels easily with the auto levelers. The unit has two TVs (front and rear bedroom). I replaced the RV queen mattress with a REGFULAR size queen--got tired of my feet hanging out at the bottom. I bought an extended warranty and if you read the number of new parts--it was well worth the extra money. We are looking to upgrade to a newer, NOT brand new unit with 3 slides or 4. I am retiring again and we will travel more. We did NOT smoke or live in the RV. It did come in handy when we lost electricity at our house for an extended period due to severe storms. I have always kept it under cover or inside when not in use. All the maitenance records are available from CRABTREE RV and Levis Diesel since I have owned this unit.
- Ken Goodleaf, Arkansas

2020-09-12 2009 Damon Daybreak 3575 View Listings

I would like to purchase this RV. I'm retired now, single and ready to be a full time camper. I've been camping for two and a half years now. I own a TT 34' now. I'm extremely interested in this purchase. I'm a serious buyer.
- Johnnie Mae Pitts, South Carolina

2020-07-25 2004 Damon Intruder 373 View Listings

Bought this used from Delmarva rv it was a junk lemon or what else you want to call it.Paid more than it was worth .went on our first campingntrip goingnnto the camp ground it was ok coming home got sticking the middle of rt14 13 in bridgevill e de had the state police in back,of me so i wouldn't get high cost m e 259.00 for the tow then 850.00 for a new alternator then end of Sept went to va for a weekend coming home the slide in the dinning area fell apart it was loaded with rot molkd and mildew it's been in the repair shop since octbb2 2019 it's being fixed right now at a cost of 12500 dollars Delmarva rv didntnstand in back of it they said you bought it you own it don't buynftommdelnnarva rv in any locations in delaware R
- Charles McCabe, Delaware

2020-07-24 2008 Damon Daybreak 3276 View Listings

I have owned this RV for 5 years now and love it! The layout is very open and nice. I took the family on an 18 day road trip... 9 states over 5000 miles and all 6 of us were comfortable the entire time. I would highly recommend for anyone wanting to create fun family memories and experience new places. I have never had any out of the ordinary issues... just regular maintenance due to wear and tear. 5 Stars!
- Natalie Schuster, Texas

2020-06-07 2007 Damon Astoria Pacific 3774 View Listings

Loved it! Bought is used from our accountant who used it for horse shows. GREAT condition. We had 2 kids at the time, ages 2 and 9months...we sold it in 2016 after driving across the country in our last trip, with 5 kids. We wanted something with a bunkhouse.
- Kathleen Porter, California

2020-04-13 2010 Damon Astoria 3470 View Listings

One issue I have with this rig is I can drive for miles and miles then all of a sudden the high temp buzzer comes on doesn’t have to be climbing a hill will happen on a flat straight stretch. I then stop shut engine off restart it after a short time and it cools down and then away I go not knowing when it will happen again could be soon or not for miles. When this happens I go to the back and the fan is not blowing The coolant level is good the rad is clean I have replaced the fan clutch the fan relay. I have pulled the fan relay out then this problem has not happened but then the check engine light is always on. Can anyone give some advice on this issue and has anyone else had this kind of issue with their rig. Thanks
- Frank Goertzen , Alberta

2020-04-10 2008 Damon Astoria Pacific 3786 View Listings

We have owned since new. Freight liner chassis is reliable. We full time and made many mods over the years. Added 810w solar, magnium 2812 inverter, gen auto start, desk storage, washer/dryer. Safe-T-Plus. Upgraded driver/passenger seats.
- Stephen Alexander, Texas

2020-02-11 2011 Damon Astoria 3772 View Listings

By a quirk of titling this 2011 is in all aspects a 2010. So it's the same as a 10,09 etc. I was told never buy a motorhome new. Let the first owner suffer through all the warranty claims. What rubbish! In the first month the lounge TV quit. Dealer sent me a replacement in a week. Only other glitch has been the false overheating indicator which was fixed with a new fan (not cheap). 9 years old the driver and passenger seats began to wear badly. According to what I have been told Thor specified a CC (cheap chinese) material.Those seats will have to be recovered. Protect the lounge sofas with a Mexican blanket This coach is a great product. On the luxury scale it's a 5 out of 10. For functioanality 8 out of 10.For general reliability 9 out of 10.They look good particularly if the have the full body paint in Tiger Eye. The only glitch I have is that the drain valves are low but the tanks drain easily and emptying is not a problem. A diesel pusher is not cheap to maintain and service. But at the price new they have adequate power and enough comfort to make travelling in them a pleasure.
- Phil Nelson, British Columbia

2019-11-16 2003 Damon Escaper 3979 View Listings

I have driven this RV for four years, it drives very well and has an amazing jake brake. I tow a Jeep Cherokee behind and it has adequate power but not excessive power. I am a professional driver so I can get max fuel mileage, if I say how much you won't believe me so I say in excess of 10 mpg. Also of note I never have to add oil between changes. Interior is very nice and comfortable, and color coordinated. Exterior has no dents or scratches but some clear coat bubbles that have been repaired. Compare this with any other at $50,000.
- Aveery West, Arizona

2019-10-26 2010 Damon Challenger 371 View Listings

Great RV to live in. Spent the past year in one of these travelling for work. The small things that have broken with normal wear and tear were easy to repair. Loads of storage both inside and outside meant there was enough room easily for two people without sacrificing too many of our belongings when moving into the RV.
- Chris Marlowe, Tennessee

2019-10-05 2006 Damon Astoria Pacifica 3465 View Listings

I have enjoyed this unit. It is a solid motor coach on a Freightliner chassis. Freightliner has service locations all over the country. The Damon Astoria Pacifica very comfortable and quiet livable. This unit drives well and once you become familiar with the driving manner of the coach you can go just about anywhere. The model I have is a early 2007 model that was sold in 2006, therefore tilted as an 2006. For the money you get a lot of luxury.
- C Smith, Texas

2019-07-14 2001 Damon Ultrasport 3679 View Listings

This unit has taken us from Tennessee to California to South Dakota to Alaska all without any mechanical problems and an average of about 9 mpg. We have towed several different cars, including our Honda CRV most of those places as well as our Chevy Malibu. Each with ease. You can coast down the road at a fuel-efficient 65 mpg. My wife has enjoyed driving much of they way since it is so comfortable to drive and easy handling. We never smoked in the RV and have stayed as much as six months at a time in the coach along with our two small dogs. The floor plan is very open. Most of the "RV" furniture that came with it was removed and we put in our own round oak dinning table and two great Flexsteel swivel recliners instead of the uncomfortable sleeper sofa and tiny dinette. With the exception of replacing the microwave/convection oven most everything else is what came with the coach. The rear backup camera works well and the dual air conditioners keep the temp as cool as you want it even where we were in the August HOT temps of Las Vegas and Phoenix. The fridge is a dual electric and propane powered unit that has a nice size freezer side my side with the fridge. Most of the interior lighting has been switched to LED bulbs. We did have a Banks Diesel Power Pack installed when we first bought the unit. In effect it added about 35% more torque to the 275 hp Cummins diesel. It acts more like 335 HP with this system. Also installed were powered MCD dual shades over the windshield and manual MCD shades on driver and passenger windows and entry door. As we got older we no longer wanted to travel like we used to and that is why we are selling it. It has been under a fabric cover on one of our home lots next door.
- Sam Lee, Washington