Damon Astoria Reviews on RV Insider (7)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Damon Astoria RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Edward from Nevada says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2006 Damon Astoria 3679 View Listings

A product that keeps on giving with dependability when asked. Easy maintenance for 90% of user's. Simple, Self 15 minute Winterizing by owner. Live the life of Riley as u often have dreamed. Great mileage per gal.
- Edward , Nevada

2020-09-17 2006 Damon Astoria 3595 View Listings

We bought the RV to see if we would like to travel in a RV and set up for a few weeks at a time. Turns out we love it. There is only the wife and I and occasionally the grandkid. It sleeps five comfortably. It has a super slide and levels easily with the auto levelers. The unit has two TVs (front and rear bedroom). I replaced the RV queen mattress with a REGFULAR size queen--got tired of my feet hanging out at the bottom. I bought an extended warranty and if you read the number of new parts--it was well worth the extra money. We are looking to upgrade to a newer, NOT brand new unit with 3 slides or 4. I am retiring again and we will travel more. We did NOT smoke or live in the RV. It did come in handy when we lost electricity at our house for an extended period due to severe storms. I have always kept it under cover or inside when not in use. All the maitenance records are available from CRABTREE RV and Levis Diesel since I have owned this unit.
- Ken Goodleaf, Arkansas

2020-04-13 2010 Damon Astoria 3470 View Listings

One issue I have with this rig is I can drive for miles and miles then all of a sudden the high temp buzzer comes on doesn’t have to be climbing a hill will happen on a flat straight stretch. I then stop shut engine off restart it after a short time and it cools down and then away I go not knowing when it will happen again could be soon or not for miles. When this happens I go to the back and the fan is not blowing The coolant level is good the rad is clean I have replaced the fan clutch the fan relay. I have pulled the fan relay out then this problem has not happened but then the check engine light is always on. Can anyone give some advice on this issue and has anyone else had this kind of issue with their rig. Thanks
- Frank Goertzen , Alberta

2020-02-11 2011 Damon Astoria 3772 View Listings

By a quirk of titling this 2011 is in all aspects a 2010. So it's the same as a 10,09 etc. I was told never buy a motorhome new. Let the first owner suffer through all the warranty claims. What rubbish! In the first month the lounge TV quit. Dealer sent me a replacement in a week. Only other glitch has been the false overheating indicator which was fixed with a new fan (not cheap). 9 years old the driver and passenger seats began to wear badly. According to what I have been told Thor specified a CC (cheap chinese) material.Those seats will have to be recovered. Protect the lounge sofas with a Mexican blanket This coach is a great product. On the luxury scale it's a 5 out of 10. For functioanality 8 out of 10.For general reliability 9 out of 10.They look good particularly if the have the full body paint in Tiger Eye. The only glitch I have is that the drain valves are low but the tanks drain easily and emptying is not a problem. A diesel pusher is not cheap to maintain and service. But at the price new they have adequate power and enough comfort to make travelling in them a pleasure.
- Phil Nelson, British Columbia

2016-05-30 2007 Damon Astoria 3776 View Listings

Just got back from our maiden voyage in our "like new" 2007 Damon Astoria and we love it. The floor plan provides plenty of living space for us and our 4 grandchildren when they visit. As with any used motorhome we are still making minor repairs but for the price we paid I would say we made a great investment. Can't wait for our next adventure!!!
- Metalman, Michigan

2015-11-25 2010 Damon Astoria 3470 View Listings

Purchased Dec 2012 (preowned). 100%+ pleased at purchase and ever since. Quality has been praised by fellow RVers (Tiffin, Fleetwood owners). Drives effortlessly, very comfortable. We tow 4800+lbs Ford Flex. Cummins 340hp handled western states mountains (especially 10° Teton Pass) without fault. Our traveling is extended, we are upgrading to larger unit; otherwise, this is perfect size for two people and occasional guests. Our unit affords easy access to nearly every state park, federal lands, and government campsites. With the upgrading of the electrical inverter and 640W of top of the line solar panels, our coach has untied the umbilical cord that restricts the off-grid travels of so many RVers
- Vincent Dominic Odenbrett, Florida

2015-04-10 2008 Damon Astoria 3770 View Listings

I like this RV a lot just looking for something a little smaller
- Bill, Virginia