Cruiser RV Shadow Cruiser Reviews on RV Insider (12)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Cruiser RV Shadow Cruiser RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Edie Biggs from Texas says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2014 Cruiser RV Shadow Cruiser 280QBS View Listings

This is absolutely the worst travel trailer/rv we have ever owned. It's still in the shop, where it's been the majority of the last year, waiting on parts. First of all, there were initial issues with workmanship. We found out at closing that they dealer had repaired a hole in the fiberglass that occurred when the bedroom cabinets were installed. That should have been our first clue. One of the bunks was improperly installed, one of the window shades broke immediately, the slide was improperly installed and part of the sofa frame was missing a large piece of fabric. We noticed a wet spot on the floor, but had a puppy and thought that he'd spilled water or something, so we didn't think too much about it. We should have. We waited around to take it in for service to make sure we addressed as many problems as possible. We took it in in May. By mid-July, my family reunion rolled around and although the repairs weren't completed (due to waiting on parts from Cruiser), we picked it up. Halfway to Abilene (about 75 miles out) the roof began to peel off. I contacted the dealer immediately and took as many pics as I could. Once we took it back to service, they submitted it to Cruiser. Even after an independent expert told them the roof was improperly installed and the glue was defective, Cruiser balked at repairing it. Eventually they agreed to paying for part of the replacement and the dealer actually covered the difference. took it out for the first time in October and noticed water damage to the trim around the slide. We also noticed wet carpet and found mold under the bunk mattress (due to improper caulking of the outdoor kitchen), so back we go to the dealer. That was October. After much back and forth with the dealer and Cruiser, Cruiser finally decided they would sent the parts (seals, trim, etc...) and I would pay for the labor. 6 months later, my rv is still at the dealer. Last I heard was that Cruiser sent the wrong color of trim. The dealership told me that this isn't just a Cruiser problem and that the manufacturers are throwing these things together and there are a lot of issues with workmanship. Getting the manufacturers to back their products is a general problem within the industry. Make sure you thoroughly check out reviews, complaint websites and the BBB before you buy. Don't live to regret your purchase as we have.
- Edie Biggs, Texas

2020-06-15 2019 Cruiser RV Shadow Cruiser 277BHS View Listings

I love my Shadow Cruiser. The floor plan is great with the 277BHS. The build quality is actually really good. The only complaint I have about that is that they glued wood inserts into the trim on the cabinet doors. It didn't hold up with the kids slamming them up shut after hot storage. I think Cruiser RV did a great job with mine.
- Justin, Ohio

2020-05-22 2019 Cruiser RV Shadow Cruiser 282BHS View Listings

Our first brand new camper and it has been nothing but a disappointment. Horribly put together, first time camping in it the bolts ripped out underneath the slide out. Leaked between the awning and the camper like a sieve, shorting out the awning lights. Every piece of glass in the cabinet doors has fallen out. First time out this year, half the outlets don’t work, supply line leaking behind the toilet all over the floor. It’s just one thing after the other, would absolutely not recommend this brand. Live and learn but I will definitely not be purchasing another of this company’s products!
- Jason Hennon , Ohio

2020-04-15 2017 Cruiser RV Shadow Cruiser 195WBS View Listings

Our Shadow Cruiser is great quality at a very good price. It tows very well and is a great open layout for a small camper. I’m definitely going to purchase another Shadow Cruiser when it’s time to upgrade.
- Aaron Meikle, Ohio

2020-01-11 2019 Cruiser RV Shadow Cruiser 240BHS View Listings

Horrible RV, poor craftsmanship, poor customer service, factory hides behind 90 check your seals clause. Our first trip the bathroom sink leaked onto the floor because the supply lines were not tight. Gas line for stove snapped off under outside kitchen on first use. Bathroom shower started to buckle and come off the wall. The floor had lumps under befroom and kitchen flooring which turned out to be water damage and the floor needed to be replaced. This was all on the first trip. Factory told me it was my fault for not checking the seals. Horrible experience missing my Rockwood Roo every day!
- Rick Porter, Massachusetts

2019-09-02 2018 Cruiser RV Shadow Cruiser 279DBS View Listings

Ok tool this from a road trip to Illinois in 2018 2 months after buy it bringing it home. Trailer. towed great behind my 2000 f150 4x4 lariat with up grade in gears from stock 3.55 to 4.10. Trailer does pull well. We stayed in it 9 nights and notice the bed is made poor no support it had started making a mold of our body, kids beds too. The trim work in places was lose missing as the longer you stayed in it the more you'll find. The seam were seam tape was used look like a I don't like my job person had done. The black water tank flush that comes with it I'm not impress I just go use my flush king works better but it has so many curves of pipe no wonder it needs 2 flushing. The finishing as in all rv are cheap and thrown together. The fresh water take support brackets one side bolts came loose and feel off found need bolts and put in as the holes were striped out, hose from tank to regulator found dry root in a year. I say buy one after one has owned and fix every thing. We made it there and back to colorado.
- Williams, Colorado

2019-07-17 2019 Cruiser RV Shadow Cruiser 240BHS View Listings

Water leak in bathroom shower, and a leak in kitchen sink. Paneling loose. Leak in out storage area. Worst trailer we have bought. We had a Montana best of all. Will not buy again from rv in Oklahoma,
- John davies, Oklahoma

2019-04-03 2014 Cruiser RV Shadow Cruiser 280QBS View Listings

This is an incredible trailer that was well-designed in its floor plan to accommodate larger groups without feeling cramped. The large slide makes it spacious. The trim package makes it feel like we took our home with us rather than a cheap motel. I don't know who designs the interior fabric for other RV companies, but I think they spent their early career designing casino and motel carpets. This is an ultralight model, and we have towed it with our Tahoe for years without any issues. Absolutely love this model!
- Dave Hansen, Utah

2019-01-02 2015 Cruiser RV Shadow Cruiser 280QBS View Listings

I decided to wait for a few years of use to do a real review. I say for the price it is a great trailer. We have not have one real machanicle issue yet. Slide out has worked great and that was my big worry. We have had a few trim issues which is to be expected with going down the road. It comes with pretty cheap tires, so I would replace them soon after your purchase. We take good care of it and check the pluming to make sure it stays tightened. I reseal the windows yearly and check and keep the roof clean. I grease the axels every year which is very easy with these axels. The maintenance is the key to having a good experience with a travel trailer. This trailer has served my family well and I would buy another one. I think you can't beat it for the price range.
- Troy Kadin, California

2018-02-19 2015 Cruiser RV Shadow Cruiser 280QBS View Listings

I lived in this trailer for 6 months. It is comfortable and very spacious for 2 people. We never felt cramped. The bunk house in the back was especially nice as a closet for hanging clothes and storage. The trailer is light and easy to tow.
- Diane Stmartin, California

2017-05-16 2012 Cruiser RV Shadow Cruiser 280QBS View Listings

The axles are just barely able to hold the weight of the camper. I had a certified RV shop tell me this and Cruiser RV will not take any responsibility for there product. They say it's rated but don't have any answers as to why my tires keep balding on the inside treads). Oh the warranty guy told me that it's probably a welding issue. So I say, well that's a manufacturing issue to which he hangs up on me. Classy. I've ignored a lot of the little stuff like a shower head breaking trim pieces falling off, door locks breaking and not to mention water pump issues (when the fresh water tank is 1/2 full or less it can't pump up water to the faucets). There maybe happy Cruiser RV owners out there but be aware that they don't stand behind their products. I get that it's an entry level camper so that's why I never sweated the small stuff. But an axle issue is far from a small issue. Buyer beware I would never recommend any of this company's products.
- Judd , Illinois

2015-01-16 2012 Cruiser RV Shadow Cruiser 280QBS View Listings

Best floor plan for families!
- Andy, Arizona