Cruiser RV Shadow Cruiser RVs Reviews (6)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Cruiser RV Shadow Cruiser RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Edie Biggs from Texas says:

Have you owned any Cruiser RV Shadow Cruiser RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2014 Cruiser RV Shadow Cruiser 280QBS View Listings

This is absolutely the worst travel trailer/rv we have ever owned. It's still in the shop, where it's been the majority of the last year, waiting on parts. First of all, there were initial issues with workmanship. We found out at closing that they dealer had repaired a hole in the fiberglass that occurred when the bedroom cabinets were installed. That should have been our first clue. One of the bunks was improperly installed, one of the window shades broke immediately, the slide was improperly installed and part of the sofa frame was missing a large piece of fabric. We noticed a wet spot on the floor, but had a puppy and thought that he'd spilled water or something, so we didn't think too much about it. We should have. We waited around to take it in for service to make sure we addressed as many problems as possible. We took it in in May. By mid-July, my family reunion rolled around and although the repairs weren't completed (due to waiting on parts from Cruiser), we picked it up. Halfway to Abilene (about 75 miles out) the roof began to peel off. I contacted the dealer immediately and took as many pics as I could. Once we took it back to service, they submitted it to Cruiser. Even after an independent expert told them the roof was improperly installed and the glue was defective, Cruiser balked at repairing it. Eventually they agreed to paying for part of the replacement and the dealer actually covered the difference. took it out for the first time in October and noticed water damage to the trim around the slide. We also noticed wet carpet and found mold under the bunk mattress (due to improper caulking of the outdoor kitchen), so back we go to the dealer. That was October. After much back and forth with the dealer and Cruiser, Cruiser finally decided they would sent the parts (seals, trim, etc...) and I would pay for the labor. 6 months later, my rv is still at the dealer. Last I heard was that Cruiser sent the wrong color of trim. The dealership told me that this isn't just a Cruiser problem and that the manufacturers are throwing these things together and there are a lot of issues with workmanship. Getting the manufacturers to back their products is a general problem within the industry. Make sure you thoroughly check out reviews, complaint websites and the BBB before you buy. Don't live to regret your purchase as we have.
- Edie Biggs, Texas

2019-04-03 2014 Cruiser RV Shadow Cruiser 280QBS View Listings

This is an incredible trailer that was well-designed in its floor plan to accommodate larger groups without feeling cramped. The large slide makes it spacious. The trim package makes it feel like we took our home with us rather than a cheap motel. I don't know who designs the interior fabric for other RV companies, but I think they spent their early career designing casino and motel carpets. This is an ultralight model, and we have towed it with our Tahoe for years without any issues. Absolutely love this model!
- Dave Hansen, Utah

2019-01-02 2015 Cruiser RV Shadow Cruiser 280QBS View Listings

I decided to wait for a few years of use to do a real review. I say for the price it is a great trailer. We have not have one real machanicle issue yet. Slide out has worked great and that was my big worry. We have had a few trim issues which is to be expected with going down the road. It comes with pretty cheap tires, so I would replace them soon after your purchase. We take good care of it and check the pluming to make sure it stays tightened. I reseal the windows yearly and check and keep the roof clean. I grease the axels every year which is very easy with these axels. The maintenance is the key to having a good experience with a travel trailer. This trailer has served my family well and I would buy another one. I think you can't beat it for the price range.
- Troy Kadin, California

2018-02-19 2015 Cruiser RV Shadow Cruiser 280QBS View Listings

I lived in this trailer for 6 months. It is comfortable and very spacious for 2 people. We never felt cramped. The bunk house in the back was especially nice as a closet for hanging clothes and storage. The trailer is light and easy to tow.
- Diane Stmartin, California

2017-05-16 2012 Cruiser RV Shadow Cruiser 280QBS View Listings

The axles are just barely able to hold the weight of the camper. I had a certified RV shop tell me this and Cruiser RV will not take any responsibility for there product. They say it's rated but don't have any answers as to why my tires keep balding on the inside treads). Oh the warranty guy told me that it's probably a welding issue. So I say, well that's a manufacturing issue to which he hangs up on me. Classy. I've ignored a lot of the little stuff like a shower head breaking trim pieces falling off, door locks breaking and not to mention water pump issues (when the fresh water tank is 1/2 full or less it can't pump up water to the faucets). There maybe happy Cruiser RV owners out there but be aware that they don't stand behind their products. I get that it's an entry level camper so that's why I never sweated the small stuff. But an axle issue is far from a small issue. Buyer beware I would never recommend any of this company's products.
- Judd , Illinois

2015-01-16 2012 Cruiser RV Shadow Cruiser 280QBS View Listings

Best floor plan for families!
- Andy, Arizona