Cruiser RV Reviews on RV Insider (75)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Cruiser RV RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Craig Johnson from South Carolina says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Cruiser RV MPG 2800QB View Listings

Camper had issue right out the gate but we waited to file a claim to see if there would be anything else. There was. The awning began to leak, the flush tank spout leaks water on the power cord and plug in, spot in the floor is damaged and now my led lights on the front of my camper are turning yellow when burned instead of the clear like they did when new. Camper was less then 6 months old when I turned in a claim. Got all the photos and all the paperwork filed. After more than 2 months I got a verdict. Denied. The leak in the awning is just "pin holes" and it supposed to be like that. I dropped something on the floor and damaged it. The only thing they did approve was the one item flush tank spout. And the photo did not even show water spraying out like I filed but of course it was the cheapest. Only about 15 bucks plus labor work of an hour. The total cost of all the repairs was less than 2 grand and the approve less than $200 Great warranty right? We even bought the extended warranty, what a waste of money. I will tell everyone one I know and post on every website I can find. To let people know they want to sell campers but customer service and warranty means nothing
- Craig Johnson , South Carolina

2020-06-24 2015 Cruiser RV Radiance 28RLSS View Listings

Quality of workmanship on this camper is a 2 at best. Cabinets and drawers, doors all were put together poorly. Uneven and screws falling out. Would not purchase another. Hinges started coming out and had to put new motor in the awning already.
- Juliekimmel, Ohio

2020-06-15 2019 Cruiser RV Shadow Cruiser 277BHS View Listings

I love my Shadow Cruiser. The floor plan is great with the 277BHS. The build quality is actually really good. The only complaint I have about that is that they glued wood inserts into the trim on the cabinet doors. It didn't hold up with the kids slamming them up shut after hot storage. I think Cruiser RV did a great job with mine.
- Justin, Ohio

2020-06-03 2019 Cruiser RV Stryker ST2313 View Listings

I am on my third trip and we’ve had nothing but delight with this RV. This is the first one I have ever purchased. The designs and efficiencies are all well designed and executed. Facing my first issue after six months of ownership as the television has gone on the blank. Called the main factory Number as instructed by my dealer and none of the service or parts or warranty extensions are answered. Just get recordings that there is no space in the mailbox. Wondering if this company has gone under.
- Steve, Texas

2020-05-28 2018 Cruiser RV MPG 3100BH View Listings

This is our 3rd camper. We upgraded each time. It has 3 slides and everything we needed. We love it! We have only had 2 issues. Awning had pinholes where it connected right above the door and the pipes needed to be tightened after we brought it home. The quality is as good as other campers we have been in. Our model has tons of kitchen storage which was a requirement of mine. We added awnings over all the slides. We use this camper all summer and for spring and fall trips. It pulls well after we finally got it adjusted with the sway bars. We use a 2500 truck to pull it. My husband and I can both pull it and set it up alone. In my opinion it is a great camper. I had never heard of the brand before and didn't care after seeing the inside. It was just as good as other ones the same price.
- Ashley G, Tennessee

2020-05-24 2015 Cruiser RV Fun Finder 265RBSS View Listings

This unit was manufactured by Cruiser Industries, prior to their merger with Thor Industries. We camped for over 40 years from tents to motorhomes, it took us a year to find something that was this well built for full-time living and traveling. This all- weather unit is built solid and tows well. We chose this unit for the lightness, but stable, our tow vehicle was a 2008 Ford Explorer with towing package and V8. The size works well for the older and smaller state and national parks with limited space found out West. The unit’s design was perfect for two retirees full-time living, storage is very good. The shower is comfortable and easy to use. The fully equipped outdoor kitchen offered another dimension to the camping life-style. All-round good unit.
- Carlleen Cairns, South Carolina

2020-05-22 2019 Cruiser RV Shadow Cruiser 282BHS View Listings

Our first brand new camper and it has been nothing but a disappointment. Horribly put together, first time camping in it the bolts ripped out underneath the slide out. Leaked between the awning and the camper like a sieve, shorting out the awning lights. Every piece of glass in the cabinet doors has fallen out. First time out this year, half the outlets don’t work, supply line leaking behind the toilet all over the floor. It’s just one thing after the other, would absolutely not recommend this brand. Live and learn but I will definitely not be purchasing another of this company’s products!
- Jason Hennon , Ohio

2020-04-15 2017 Cruiser RV Shadow Cruiser 195WBS View Listings

Our Shadow Cruiser is great quality at a very good price. It tows very well and is a great open layout for a small camper. I’m definitely going to purchase another Shadow Cruiser when it’s time to upgrade.
- Aaron Meikle, Ohio

2020-03-18 2019 Cruiser RV Radiance 25RK View Listings

Purchased August 2019. We received the so-called manual on a thumb drive. I printed it out to discover the manuals and material were old and did not relate to the new Cruiser Radiance. We love the RV's layout, particularly the kitchen. However, after taking our new RV home, we were dismayed to find: we did not have remotes for the Furrion TV or fireplace; did not have the quick hookup coil hose for the outside shower; door latch on entry door broken; black water and bathroom tank drains that are under the slide are not easy to access; leak in awning right above outside speaker; inside, placement of popup Furrion TV does not afford easy access to HDMI port or other hookups (ex., for the Roku) located on left side of tv; the microwave didn't work (plug behind it was faulty); hot and cold water was reversed (really hot water entered into commode! this caused a slight leak at base of commode); placement of bathroom sink faucet is too far back from the sink; Furrion fireplace quit working after initial use (a new one was installed); king mattress was very thin and made of hard material (we purchased a new comfortable mattress); shower leaked water into bathroom floor (I added a bead of sealant inside and fixed this); The water problem still is not resolved, as we do not have hot water. We wish the Radiance Cruiser did not have all these manufacturing defects. It simply spoiled the excitement of our purchasing a new camper.
- Roger and Nova Hodo, Alabama

2020-03-16 2018 Cruiser RV MPG 3100bh View Listings

overall this is a excellent trailer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it handles very well on road...very easy to set up at campsite...unfortunately have only bee to one location then health issues got me and wife
- jj gould, Oklahoma

2020-02-16 2020 Cruiser RV MPG 3100BH View Listings

This is our first RV and we are enjoying it much. It’s comfortable for up to 5 people.. more than that it gets really crowded. Beds are comfortable, and so far everything works as planned. A few loose screws and minor adjustments. Overall we are happy with the purchase
- MarĂ­a Iragorri, Texas

2020-02-12 2019 Cruiser RV Radiance 25RL View Listings

We have had this 25RL since July of 2018...it was delivered to the lot new and we bought it a week later. Overall the floor plan fit our needs and we have been happy with it. Build quality for a rig of this cost was above par. We looked at other rigs around the same price point and this unit was far better. Only issue I have had to date was the Dometic AC had a bad vibration. Worked with Dometic and they sent the parts I needed to repair (blower motor bearing recall). As of the writing of this review we have had no other issues and have used it many times and put about 20K in towed miles. I keep it covered when not in use and I follow all the maintenance on the roof and exterior as recommended by the manufacturer. The Radiance is not perfect but I am very satisfied with the unit and would recommend to anyone who asked.
- Gary Matthews, North Carolina

2020-01-28 2019 Cruiser RV Stryker 3212 View Listings

i have owned the camper for just over a year.It has been at the dealership almost 6 months. Bought camper with onboard generator and from first time using it radomly shuts down. Its been back and forth 3 times and still is not fixed.Cruiser customer service is horrible.Yes they approve the claims but do little to help.I do not recommend buying anything from them.
- jeremy m cook, Georgia

2020-01-11 2019 Cruiser RV Shadow Cruiser 240BHS View Listings

Horrible RV, poor craftsmanship, poor customer service, factory hides behind 90 check your seals clause. Our first trip the bathroom sink leaked onto the floor because the supply lines were not tight. Gas line for stove snapped off under outside kitchen on first use. Bathroom shower started to buckle and come off the wall. The floor had lumps under befroom and kitchen flooring which turned out to be water damage and the floor needed to be replaced. This was all on the first trip. Factory told me it was my fault for not checking the seals. Horrible experience missing my Rockwood Roo every day!
- Rick Porter, Massachusetts

2019-11-17 2019 Cruiser RV Radiance 25RK View Listings

Bought it new in April 2019. First issue, from the factory, hot and cold water were reversed at the factory. Dealer could not figure it out so I did, after two trips back to the dealer. Second issue, water leak at the front - master bead room. Took it back to the dealer three times. Called cruiser twice. Allegedly, Cruiser was on a video call on this list repair. Will we see if this fixes it. The mattress is cheap and garbage. The pullout bed couch has a hump in the middle. Poor design and bad engineering. They did not account for the drop between the floor of the slide out and the main floor of the unit. The legs on the bed are too short, creating a hump. The placement of the dump valve for grey and black water is under the slide out. Bad design and bad engineering. You either have to extend/retract the slide out every time you want to dump or crawl under the slide or install electronic dump valves. I rigged a hook on the end of a wooden rod to solve this. The release mechanism on the exterior hose at the back of the camper is a pain to work. I don’t have extremely fat or large fingers, but they are not small either. You have to push in the outer ring to release the hose. It moves maybe 1/4 inch but with big fingers it is nearly impossible. Wife love the king bed, rear kitchen, shower and floor plan. We towed it over 4000 miles this summer and I can say it towed well. The fireplace heats the unit well, and the dual air conditioner keeps it really cold. The toilet cracks and wiggles. I don’t like it and don’t think it will last. We will see.
- Michael, Texas

2019-10-29 2019 Cruiser RV MPG 2550RB View Listings

I bought this trailer in May of 2019, because my wife loved the floor plan and the dealer was limited to what we could buy and tow because I own a f-150, and we use a trailer on and off in the winter, so we needed a 4 season trailer. Since owning it I have been kicked out of two rv parks because of leaks. When you took a shower, 100% of the water would go right to the ground. After having it fixed... three times. We went camping and one morning it got down to the mid to high 20’s, and when we woke up the pipes were frozen. We couldn’t open the black or gray tank valves, or turn the sink on. The under carriage does not compare to Cougar or Forest River. As far and the inside, the cabinets are separating from the ceiling, cabinet doors are very crooked. Heater only works good in one spot (by the kitchen sink). Overall this trailer is sub par. The insulation is awful. We are going through a 10 gallon tank every day and a half. I do not recommend this trailer to anyone. Especially if you plan on using it in cooler/colder/freezing temperatures.
- Andrew Buus, Colorado

2019-10-18 2020 Cruiser RV Radiance Ultra Lite 25RB View Listings

We bought a 2020 Radiance 26 ft. camper, drove it home 50 miles. Just traded in a 2013 Rockwood Lite. Had 5 leaks. Big time lemon. This new camper was suppose to be my dream camper after having a lemon. Left the slide out out and now the camper floor by the couch is wet? What the hell? I just got the thing. The trim over the slide out had two different sizes of trim. Asked to have it fixed and my husband calls and it has been two weeks. Today we get call it is in. I asked to have bathtub caulked and it was. I will be fixing it myself! Catch on water heater fell off in my husband hands. I know things happen. This is not looking good. The thing is under warranty I know but, a leak? I am very upset!!!The shelves in the refridgerater can not be adjusted because of of the mantel? Is there a solution
- Powell, Alabama

2019-09-24 2019 Cruiser RV Fun Finder Xtreme Lite 23BH View Listings

Bought this trailer August 2018. The bad: After the first camping trip, we noticed some issues. The water heater pipes and kitchen sink trap were not properly installed. The leaks easily damaged the "wood" cabinets. The caulking in the bathroom and exterior is sloppy and I ended upup cleaning it up and redoing some of it. The tires are CHEAP. I had one blow out after 500 miles. The propane regulator started to leak after the first year. Wiring is sloppy was well, but technically works. The good: awesome floor plan and comfortable. It tows OK with my 2017 Tacoma. Lots of storage and utility. They just need better QC on a otherwise good trailer.
- Brandon, Washington

2019-09-13 2018 Cruiser RV Fun Finder 24RK View Listings

Purchased new in November 2017. Towed horrible on the way home from dealer - fishtailed for no apparent reason behind our Ram 2500 with a new WD hitch and sway control. First time we hooked it to city water every single connection in the camper leaked, including the connections to the water heater. We fixed those ourselves. Then we noticed the A/C didn't work correctly. Turns out the thermostat was wired incorrectly. The manufacturer walked me through fixing that myself over the phone. The first time we went camping (Fort Wilderness at Disney), the shower drain leaked and flooded the underbelly, ruining the insulation. The shower stall glass enclosure also leaked, ruining the wood sink cabinet and flooding the bathroom and dining area. After three months in the shop, they replaced the bathroom sink cabinet. We took it to an axle shop about the fishtailing and they told us the axle was within specs, but in their opinion way too small for the size and weight of the camper. During our camping trip this past Memorial Day weekend, we noticed the wall behind the kitchen sink had moved about an inch away from the counter. We took it in for repairs under our structural warranty but they never got to it by the time we needed it for our Labor Day camping trip. While driving at about 60 mph on the interstate, someone ignored a merge lane and cut directly in front of us requiring us to hit the brakes hard to avoid a collision. The camper fishtailed for about four seconds, which was terrifying. After we got it under control, we noticed the camper tires were smoking like they were on fire. We pulled into the emergency lane thinking we had a blowout. Instead, we noticed that the entire suspension system had collapsed and the camper floor was resting on top of the four tires. We had not hit anything. That camping trip was over before it started. We had to have it towed, which was a nightmare because the wheels on the camper wouldn't rotate and we had to wait for them to bring in special equipment. This week, our insurance company called and told us that the frame and suspension damage is so severe they will total it. We got our full purchase price back, minus a $500 deductible. It was a very upsetting and stressful experience but probably a blessing in disguise. I reported the incident to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. I also sent an email to Cruiser RV but they have not responded. We're looking at new campers this weekend but will stay away from all brands related to Cruiser RV.
- Jack Tom, Florida

2019-09-11 2015 Cruiser RV Fun Finder 215WSK View Listings

Purchased used in 2017 from Parkview RV. Overall happy with it. Plenty of room, but the super deep pantry (no sliding shelves). Super deep & wide storage in bathroom above outside kitchen (no shelves or slides). Need a step ladder to get anything! I replaced the cheap Chinese tires w/Goodyear Endurance. Traveled 6800 miles last October with no issues. A/C replaced under extended warranty. Minor plumbing issues I repaired myself. If you RV you better get to know your ship. I may upgrade (35’) someday, but too many horror stories no matter the brand or type. The more complicated the RV the increased risk of failure. I am happy with Cruiser RV & this model. Issues aside we went coast to coast on Goodyear tires & it handled well. It even weathered a hail storm without damage. If I keep it I am considering Flex Armor for the roof and a slide awning.
- Ronald Iocono, Delaware

2019-09-02 2018 Cruiser RV Shadow Cruiser 279DBS View Listings

Ok tool this from a road trip to Illinois in 2018 2 months after buy it bringing it home. Trailer. towed great behind my 2000 f150 4x4 lariat with up grade in gears from stock 3.55 to 4.10. Trailer does pull well. We stayed in it 9 nights and notice the bed is made poor no support it had started making a mold of our body, kids beds too. The trim work in places was lose missing as the longer you stayed in it the more you'll find. The seam were seam tape was used look like a I don't like my job person had done. The black water tank flush that comes with it I'm not impress I just go use my flush king works better but it has so many curves of pipe no wonder it needs 2 flushing. The finishing as in all rv are cheap and thrown together. The fresh water take support brackets one side bolts came loose and feel off found need bolts and put in as the holes were striped out, hose from tank to regulator found dry root in a year. I say buy one after one has owned and fix every thing. We made it there and back to colorado.
- Williams, Colorado

2019-08-20 2018 Cruiser RV Stryker 2313 View Listings

Overall the RV is great.....once everything is repaired. First camping trip, the plugs in the bedroom didn’t work because of loose wires. Second trip, the shower leaked and buckled the floor in most of the trailer. Third trip, the generator wasn’t charging the battery, so it would only run for about 20 minutes (this one ruined the trip.) just got back from our fourth trip and everything seemed to go well! We did have to add a mattress topper to make the bed sleepable. Looking forward to many more trips with this camper!
- Matt Bulson, Michigan

2019-08-08 2019 Cruiser RV MPG 2120RB View Listings

So after using this rv the first season there were the typical small things needing fixing (couple doors warped in kitchen cabinets, door latch on screen fell off as screws were stripped, couple paint chip repairs and spigot for spray hose attachment cover did not latch) biggest problem was the black skirting at outside wall bottom that buckled in the heat and pulled away from trailer outside walls. Took rv in at the end of last season. Service was good at Western RV in Kelowna, B.C. this season first trip with trailer skirting buckled again just as bad as the first season, door latch repair would not allow doors to open or close properly. By the end of the 5th day entry door would not close as it would not latch and if you forced it closed the wife could not open it. When packing up, the awning would not line up with bars attached to trailer and wouldn’t close completely. Fuse for power front jack blows almost every time I use it. Very very disappointed with this trailer. Should have kept our 2012 Jayco.
- Chad Koroll, British Columbia

2019-08-06 2018 Cruiser RV Radiance 25RB View Listings

Outstanding unit. Fantastic fit and finish. No issues, no problems. 100% happy with our purchase. From the nice graphic to the HUGE rear bath to the KING SIZE bed it is truly a cottage on wheels. 10 STARS!
- Jeff Kotlarek, Michigan

2019-08-04 2015 Cruiser RV Viewfinder Signature VS-19FK View Listings

This is a nice floor plan, perfect for a couple. Lots of storage, nice kitchen area. However, the quality of this trailer is terrible. We have had multiple plumbing leaks, the plumbing under the sink in the bathroom fell apart, the fender guard has cracked, and on our most recent trip the kitchen tap totally failed. This after intermittent use after only 4 years. Accessing the battery under the V-nose is extremely challenging. No wonder they didn’t show us how to do it at the dealership- they probably didn’t even know how themselves!
- Hazel Swoboda, Alberta