Cruiser RV Reviews on RV Insider (92)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Cruiser RV RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Craig Johnson from South Carolina says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Cruiser RV MPG 2800QB View Listings

Camper had issue right out the gate but we waited to file a claim to see if there would be anything else. There was. The awning began to leak, the flush tank spout leaks water on the power cord and plug in, spot in the floor is damaged and now my led lights on the front of my camper are turning yellow when burned instead of the clear like they did when new. Camper was less then 6 months old when I turned in a claim. Got all the photos and all the paperwork filed. After more than 2 months I got a verdict. Denied. The leak in the awning is just "pin holes" and it supposed to be like that. I dropped something on the floor and damaged it. The only thing they did approve was the one item flush tank spout. And the photo did not even show water spraying out like I filed but of course it was the cheapest. Only about 15 bucks plus labor work of an hour. The total cost of all the repairs was less than 2 grand and the approve less than $200 Great warranty right? We even bought the extended warranty, what a waste of money. I will tell everyone one I know and post on every website I can find. To let people know they want to sell campers but customer service and warranty means nothing
- Craig Johnson , South Carolina

2020-10-14 2014 Cruiser RV Shadow Cruiser 280QBS View Listings

This is the first and last Shadow Cruiser I would ever buy. Bubbles in the front and back within the first 3 months of owning it. Nails or staples coming through the wall behind the couch and in the bedroom. The slide has never worked properly. 20,000.00 wasted!
- KEITH LAM, Virginia

2020-09-27 2019 Cruiser RV Radiance 32BH View Listings

Love the camper! Second cruiser rv model we have owned. Unfortunately this one must have been built on an off day. A few window's leak,trim is coming loose on interior. The faucet in the bathroom is mounted so far back on the counter you can barely wash hands under. Today I opened storage compartment to get a table. It was soaked so another leak. This camper is 19 months old and not in very good condition for being that new. I have owned campers my interest adult life never had any of these problems before.
- Matthew Carper, Ohio

2020-09-10 2019 Cruiser RV Radiance 25RB View Listings

We was so excited to get our new camp trailer as a retiring couple who wanted to explore the country. It had the floor plan we loved and the best bathroom. We had our heater break our 2nd trip out in a snow storm. Fire place kept us warm until we could get it back to Tooele Motor Sports TMS. Who had it over 3 months to fix the bathroom door , heater and door , they made the bathroom door worse and the door door is a mess. All of the lights and door frames have fallen off from poor building and craftsmanship, now the shelves in the pantry and everywhere else is moving out of the walls. We gave up going back to TMS as their quietly of customer care and repairs are worse than the way we got the trailer. Do I like my trailer yes, the lay out yes, the quietly no, would I buy this brand again hell no.
- gail, Utah

2020-08-31 2012 Cruiser RV Fun Finder X 214WSD View Listings

I purchased my 2012 fun finder spring 2017, I spent two years looking for the one I wanted. I took my time and looked at so many. The only other brand I found was close to the quality and craftsmanship was the Minnie Winnie rvs with the fiberglass exteriors. I love this Fun Finder RV. I grew up on camping/Recreating. So, I am very familiar with many types of tents rv,s, fifth wheels and their floor plans. This is a well made rv. It is a solid trailer, with a tip out that extends space where its needed. I've hauled my trailer down to the coast of Oregon and Norther, WA. I pulled and camped n higher elevations in N. Cascdes, and Glacier Natl to the plains. Through hot and dry climate along Columbia Gorge THIS TRAILER DID GREAT! I've tested in full hookup, generator, and battery only/dry camp and it exceeded my expectations. I love the storage, large pantry, shirt and coaT closet on either side of bed plus many over head compartments. There is a fan over the bed that cools down the coach. They make the best use of space and it is the placement of water pump and heater. It is in a convient place with easy one panel access below the pantry. I wish the under bench storage access was not under cusion and ply wood but nice easy slide drawers. I also have the switches for electric stabilizer jacks and wish I had jacks as its difficult to hand crank and or drill, doesn't do the trick. Happy Camping
- Angela , Washington

2020-08-20 2019 Cruiser RV MPG 2120RB View Listings

After owning for a year, I’m afraid that our RV is a lemon. Biggest issue: black tank After several attempts from the dealer we still don’t have our problem solved. Come to find out.. the tank was not held in with braces thus the tank tilted and will not empty the entire way. Refrigerator Consistently blowed the fuse, dealer decided to add a larger fuse. Still blows fuses! ( it’s been in the shop3 times for this) still blowing fuses. Rear axel It’s bent and has wore down two tires in less than 1000 miles Screen door Fell apart
- Dave dutro, Idaho

2020-08-16 2020 Cruiser RV MPG 2120RB View Listings

Owned this trailer now for 2 months and finally were able to get it set up in our back yard due to covid and personal problems. Got it opened and everything turned on and it is great other than the fact that the Furrion stereo turns on but nothing comes out of the speakers. Big disappointment there. Hopefully it can be a warranty issue and taken care of asap. Biggest issue is that we live 3 hrs away from the dealer. Other than this, we are happy so far.
- Bob, Pennsylvania

2020-08-16 2020 Cruiser RV MPG View Listings

Many cosmetic defects. Makes the overall craftsmanship look shoddy at best. Very comfortable and well thought out interior. Awesome towing. The new awning break elbow works wonderful for the rainy days.
- Andrew, Ontario

2020-08-13 2019 Cruiser RV Embrace EL250 View Listings

We fell in love with our trailer as soon as we toured it. It had everything that checked my "must have" boxes off (I have had three new RVs of different brands with my ex), and my husband's as well (he's never had any RVs, so he pretty much relied on my knowledge, plus what he'd researched). We knew we wanted big enough to stretch out and have room for the two of us, our two pups, and the occasional visitors (grandkids), but yet light-weight enough to tow easier. I wanted smooth-sides, gutter extensions, electric jack and, preferably awning, ladder (it does not have, nor can one be added we were told, but our telescopic ladder works), outside shower, large holding tanks, black tank rinse, larger shower and bathroom, oven, larger fridge, stove and sink covers, slide out with cabinets over the couch/dinette (we only have them over the couch), an island bed, dinette, and fabric shades. When we walked inside this trailer and immediately saw the rear bath (that was large, with a larger shower, and plenty of storage), then we opened the walk-in pantry/closet door and saw all that storage room at the same time the salesman was saying it had a king bed, my husband said, "Sold!" I had to reel him back in until I checked to see the rest of the inside. I was happy that all my boxes for the inside were checked (except for those cabinets over the dinette, but they aren't missed since we have the HUGE pantry), plus some. We walked into the bedroom and saw that there was even a built-in dresser and cubbies/shelves, and that wonderful KING island bed. Back out in the living area, we were shown all the fancy lights that are even on the stove knobs, and the salesman pointed out the included TV and fireplace. Up to that point, we hadn't even noticed the fireplace. It was not on our "must-have" list, but we sure have enjoyed it, (once we got one that worked. That particular model had issues, apparently. I had contacted that company directly when ours went out the first time we used it. It had lights for the flame, but no heat. They sent a new board, which my husband installed, but it had heat and no lights. They ended up sending us a whole fireplace, which only had half that worked. They sent out another and we sent that one back. The one we received all worked, so we installed it. So far, knock on wood, it still is. But that company worked until we were satisfied). We discovered the shade for the door window after several camping trips. Very nice! It turned out that after being told that particular rv was a 2018 (it was at a "liquidation sale" at an outlet mall parking lot), that it was actually a 2019. We got it for the price they had quoted us for the "2018", which my husband loved. We did notice a few "issues" with it the first time we took it out. I expected to find some, since my first three new rvs all had some. The biggest ones: awning roller was slightly bent; skirt over the driver's side tires wasn't fastened into anything at the top, therefore it flapped while towing; fire extinguisher and GFCI outlet both not fastened into the wall; the large window over the dinette wouldn't lock, therefore it opened on its own as we traveled; a lot of the trim was not fastened up good (it seems to have been put in rather hastily); the line for the city water hookup wasn't tightened enough, so it came loose, allowing water to run out under the bathroom cabinet/shower area all over the floor in the bathroom before we found it; the AC would run, kick off for a split second, then start right back up repeatedly, never really cooling the rv down. My husband took care of all of the issues, except for the awning, AC and tire skirting. When I called our dealer to get it in to have the warranty work done before the year was up, I was informed that he "was very backed up, and we could bring it down, but it would just sit for over a month." This was unacceptable to us, so he said he would write up a ticket on it to get it on the books and lock in the date so the warranty would cover it, but honestly he didn't have room for it on his lot anywhere, so just bring it down in a month. That's what we did, and we had it back in two weeks. But, he said the actual work was done after our one year date, so the warranty expired on everything except the AC. He then said that the dealer would cover the cost of all other repairs they did on it. Everything was done to our satisfaction, that we could see there. Since it was cooler, we couldn't check out the AC. It still does what it had been doing, although not as bad. We considered adding a 2nd AC unit this year, but since we've not camped much in it due to Covid-19, we put it off. We do love it, though. We've added vent covers, slide awning, extra insulation board in the storage area (bed side), hanging hooks/tool holders in the closet for mops and broom, outlet with USB ports by the bed, & lots of other little convenience items ourselves.
- Kristi Alvarado, Indiana

2020-08-12 2018 Cruiser RV Stryker 2313 View Listings

This Camper trailer is a great little trailer. No major issues at all. Everything is well made. I fix my 900RZR Trail model right into the back. The Sub woofer kicks loud. The generator start every time. The shower is a bit small. The king size bad is great. The 2 beds in the back makes room for a total of 6 people. So far so good! Had an issue with the happiJack system at first. The dealer fixed it and now they work all the time.
- Jeff Walker, Colorado

2020-08-05 2018 Cruiser RV Shadow Cruiser 279DBS View Listings

Purchased new 2/25/19. Used 21 days during 2019, then it was in storage 8/7/19 until 5/25/20. Camped for 4 nights, it rained about 1.5 hrs the last night. Back to storage. 2 weeks later I went over to get something out of the trailer and discovered a large bubble under the fiberglass veneer at the front of the driver's side wall. Closer inspection revealed a 1/16" gap between the corner molding and the fiberglass, on both sides. Took it in to the dealer, they took photos of both sides, said the front cap has pulled out, opened a work order and submitted a warranty claim. Cruiser denied it, said I had failed to re-seal it. Dealer agrees it is not just a seal issue and re-submitted, called the regional rep. They keep dragging their feet and still have not responded more than a month later. Absolutely unacceptable quality and service!!
- Larry, Arizona

2020-08-05 2020 Cruiser RV Shadow Cruiser ID199RUD View Listings

Bought shadow cruiser about three weeks ago. Just went out on our first trip and had several problems! One stabilizer leg would not come down. Pushed button for rear stabilizer leg and a bolt broke off from somewhere. Got up to mountains and the front sink faucet leaked, the screen door would get stuck every time we tried to open it, wouldn’t stay shut. There was a space between the wall and door jam! Wife could see staples coming out of wallpaper. Weather stripping was coming off door, and had trouble lighting the oven. NOT IMPRESSED!
- Joseph Smith, California

2020-08-01 2019 Cruiser RV Embrace EL275 View Listings

Just bought one year ago being new. Taken for minor issues to warranty within the 12 months period believing the "bumper to bumper" warranty. The slide out had a leak from a seal. They have a limit on that special issue and backs their quality for only 90 days! Its a great trailer but just found the downside. They argue that it is part of the maintenance that should be done after the 90 days.
- juan garcia, Florida

2020-07-26 2016 Cruiser RV Shadow Cruiser SC-282BHS View Listings

Total front cap faded. Laminate on rear rippled. Paint issues. Inside mouldings seperated. Warranty after one yr they declined to fix cap issue.Frig issues not running on AC .. found problem fixed it myself
- rick Fidler, Michigan

2020-07-22 2020 Cruiser RV Embrace EL 310 View Listings

Now to explain the issues with our 2020 Embrace model: • With the COVID Pandemic we were not able to open our camper until June 1st of 2020 which was a rule put in place by the governor of Maine • On June 1st 2020 we opened the camper and everything was good and no issues had arouse during the winter. • On June 7th 2020 we experienced our first rain storm and to our extreme disappointment we experienced water infiltration in the same exact spot as the 2019 model, coming from under the wood where the couch sits on in the slide out (See attached pictures and videos) • We called immediately to Campers Inn to speak with Gregg the General Manager and it was told to us that he was no longer the GM at this location. We were instructed to speak with Russell Griffin who was appointed the new General manager. Speaking with Russel was night and day compared to Gregg as he took the time to actually listen to us and actually hear what we were saying. Russell wanted to schedule a service appointment for someone to come out to our camper to assess the situation. • This is the only date I wasn’t able to document so you can reference your records on the exact date but Campers Inn sent Chris (foreman) same guy you they sent with the last model out to assess this same situation. He looked around and stated he had no idea where it was coming from and his attempt to fix the issue was to empty about a half bottle of caulking behind the weather-strips to the slide out – See attached picture. He stated he would report his findings back and to let them know if it leaks again. • It was a very dry start to the summer so the next time we received a rain storm was on June 29th, 2020 and to no surprise that same exact spot to the camper was saturated again with more water than the last time. (See attached pictures) • We call Russell and explain our extreme disappointment and frustration at this point and that sending someone out to caulk our camper is not a fix and we propose the idea of installing slide toppers to protect the top of the slides after doing some online research. Russell states that he would have to ask his managers if that would be something they would be able to do so we said fair enough and waited to hear back from Russell. • A week or so went by and we had not heard from Russell and so we called the store to speak with him and of course you can’t get a hold of anyone so we hang up and call again after a little while. We get the receptionist who answers the phone and when we ask to speak to Russell she states he not in and seems to be very bothered that we would even of called to ask for him. So we leave him a voicemail and wait for his call which he does return the next day. We speak with Russell and he states he trying to get the manufacture to pay for the slide toppers and once he finds out if they will he will let us know. We as the customer now have to wait because Campers Inn doesn’t want to foot the bill for these products, what should of happened is that if they were on board with this solution then they would come out and install and figure out the billing later on in their accounting office. Its not fair for the customer to be put on hold because the company is trying to see how they don’t have to pay for them. • The camper continued to leak in the weeks to come every rain storm we got and we spent a lot of our time while in Maine cleaning up the mess every time and trying to dry everything out so Mold would be present. • Finally after 8 weeks of us calling to see what the status and expressing our extreme dissatisfaction with customer service and resolution management the slide toppers were approved to be installed by Eddie Unger. We also expressed some concern with the refrigerator lights blinking and it becoming very loud all of a sudden at which time we were told that Jordan would take a look at that while onsite to install the toppers. Eddie Unger stated that Chris Roy the Service Manager would be onsite for the Slide topper installation and to assess the leak situation. When I spoke with Chris Roy via email he stated that he would not be attending with Chris Roy which was a disappointment because Eddie did set that expectation. • On July 14th, 2020 we woke to a saturated rug near the couch like it had always happened with both models but now a new spot by the dinette. We called Eddie Unger immediately when we knew of this issue and he had put us in contact with Chris Roy (service manager) and h
- Scott Woods, Connecticut

2020-07-22 2019 Cruiser RV Embrace EL310 View Listings

Let’s start with the 2019 Embrace and the issues we experienced: • In mid-July we purchased a 2019 Embrace EL310 Travel Trailer to be delivered to our RV Park Ogunquit Farms in Wells, ME from Campers Inn RV of Kingston, NH • In late July to early August of 2019 is when the Campers Inn RV of Kingston, NH delivered our new 2019 Embrace and set it up to be seasonal as we would not be traveling anywhere with it • On August 8th 2019 at 3:30 am is when we experienced our first leak with water infiltration coming from underneath the wood that the couch sits on top of inside the slide out. (See pictures and videos) • We called Campers Inn immediately upon opening the next day August 9th 2019 to report the issue. It took forever for anyone to pick up the phone, we left several messages, chose every option that their phone system did offer. We finally got through to the sales department which transferred us to the service department where we left another message. Finally late that afternoon we received a call back from the service department and after expressing our concern they scheduled Chris their Forman to assess the water infiltration. I asked what time Chris would be arriving and they states they didn’t know and that we would get a call from him when he was on his way. • On August 9th I decide to evaluate the camper for any other issues now that I know Chris will be visiting us to make sure that we cover everything or at least have him answer any questions we may have about the RV. I found some issues that I wouldn’t call major but were enough to show Chris that they are an issue after investing $30,000 on a brand new camper and would like fixed. (See pictures attached) • On August 10th, 2019 we woke up and were anxious about the visit with Chris to figure out what the problem was. Late that afternoon came around and we had not heard anything from Chris or the company so we attempted to call the dealership in Kingston to get a status update and of course we couldn’t get through to anyone so we left a voicemail. We let another hour go by and still nothing so we called again and finally I asked to speak to the manager to see what was going on and when Chris would be there and he stated he’s on the road and will call you when he is on the way. We weren’t happy that they couldn’t narrow it down or at least put us on hold to call Chris to attempt to get some form of ETA. Finally Chris shows up with no call to us to let us know his ETA which was super frustrating after that expectation was set by the service manager. So my wife and I walk Chris around and show him all the issues we are experiencing focusing mostly on the water leak. Chris look inside and out and said he wasn’t sure where it was coming from but would document it and let his manager know. While were walking around the camper I noticed a rip on the top of one slide out and pointed it out to Chris and said well maybe that was a potential spot and he said he will caulk it to fix it. I let him do what he wanted to do but coming from the window and door business I know caulking is not the fix to solve a water infiltration problem but either way you’re the camper professionals not me. Chris also puts some weep hole plugs in the windows and stated that they were missing and usually come with them, I know that if a window has a weep hole you don’t plug them and they are meant to be open for a reason. Chris leaves and now we wait to see what happens. • August 13th, 2019 comes and we experience our 2nd water leak which is now coming in from the window to the right of the couch. The water is dripping down the wall and onto the rug. So again we call Campers Inn again immediately upon opening on August 14th, 2019 to report this issue and see what the plan was going forward. We called and we were able to get through to the receptionist and asked to speak to the Service Manager and she sent us to his voicemail. We called back immediately after being sent to voicemail because we wanted to speak to the General Manager Gregg Kleczkowski and she ended up coming off like we were a bother to her and was very rude and transferred us to his voicemail so we left a voicemail for Gregg and waited for his call back. • I can’t recall exactly when Gregg did call us back I believe it was the next day or two later after we called a couple more times to speak with him as our frustration level was increasing due to the situation at hand and lack of customer service we were receiving. • On August 22, 2019 we experienced yet again another water leak and that was the boiling point for us and so we called immediately that day to report the water leak.
- Scott Woods, Connecticut

2020-07-21 2020 Cruiser RV Embrace EL260 View Listings

Excellent Travel trailer with all the extra you want. Favorite feature is the outdoor kitchen, great for cooking outside of the trailer in summer like now when it's 95+. Smooth exterior with nice designed graphics that look sharp. Would buy again.
- Edward Williamson, North Carolina

2020-07-18 2020 Cruiser RV Radiance 25RL View Listings

this is the biggest disappointment ever I have never seen so many leaks and the floor in kitchen is messed up.i can only imagine what else is wrong with this piece of junk. The company sure doesn't back their products at all.
- Brian hollinaugh, Texas

2020-06-24 2015 Cruiser RV Radiance 28RLSS View Listings

Quality of workmanship on this camper is a 2 at best. Cabinets and drawers, doors all were put together poorly. Uneven and screws falling out. Would not purchase another. Hinges started coming out and had to put new motor in the awning already.
- Juliekimmel, Ohio

2020-06-15 2019 Cruiser RV Shadow Cruiser 277BHS View Listings

I love my Shadow Cruiser. The floor plan is great with the 277BHS. The build quality is actually really good. The only complaint I have about that is that they glued wood inserts into the trim on the cabinet doors. It didn't hold up with the kids slamming them up shut after hot storage. I think Cruiser RV did a great job with mine.
- Justin, Ohio

2020-06-03 2019 Cruiser RV Stryker ST2313 View Listings

I am on my third trip and we’ve had nothing but delight with this RV. This is the first one I have ever purchased. The designs and efficiencies are all well designed and executed. Facing my first issue after six months of ownership as the television has gone on the blank. Called the main factory Number as instructed by my dealer and none of the service or parts or warranty extensions are answered. Just get recordings that there is no space in the mailbox. Wondering if this company has gone under.
- Steve, Texas

2020-05-28 2018 Cruiser RV MPG 3100BH View Listings

This is our 3rd camper. We upgraded each time. It has 3 slides and everything we needed. We love it! We have only had 2 issues. Awning had pinholes where it connected right above the door and the pipes needed to be tightened after we brought it home. The quality is as good as other campers we have been in. Our model has tons of kitchen storage which was a requirement of mine. We added awnings over all the slides. We use this camper all summer and for spring and fall trips. It pulls well after we finally got it adjusted with the sway bars. We use a 2500 truck to pull it. My husband and I can both pull it and set it up alone. In my opinion it is a great camper. I had never heard of the brand before and didn't care after seeing the inside. It was just as good as other ones the same price.
- Ashley G, Tennessee

2020-05-24 2015 Cruiser RV Fun Finder 265RBSS View Listings

This unit was manufactured by Cruiser Industries, prior to their merger with Thor Industries. We camped for over 40 years from tents to motorhomes, it took us a year to find something that was this well built for full-time living and traveling. This all- weather unit is built solid and tows well. We chose this unit for the lightness, but stable, our tow vehicle was a 2008 Ford Explorer with towing package and V8. The size works well for the older and smaller state and national parks with limited space found out West. The unit’s design was perfect for two retirees full-time living, storage is very good. The shower is comfortable and easy to use. The fully equipped outdoor kitchen offered another dimension to the camping life-style. All-round good unit.
- Carlleen Cairns, South Carolina

2020-05-22 2019 Cruiser RV Shadow Cruiser 282BHS View Listings

Our first brand new camper and it has been nothing but a disappointment. Horribly put together, first time camping in it the bolts ripped out underneath the slide out. Leaked between the awning and the camper like a sieve, shorting out the awning lights. Every piece of glass in the cabinet doors has fallen out. First time out this year, half the outlets don’t work, supply line leaking behind the toilet all over the floor. It’s just one thing after the other, would absolutely not recommend this brand. Live and learn but I will definitely not be purchasing another of this company’s products!
- Jason Hennon , Ohio

2020-04-15 2017 Cruiser RV Shadow Cruiser 195WBS View Listings

Our Shadow Cruiser is great quality at a very good price. It tows very well and is a great open layout for a small camper. I’m definitely going to purchase another Shadow Cruiser when it’s time to upgrade.
- Aaron Meikle, Ohio