CrossRoads Hampton

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with CrossRoads Hampton RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

DeLinda Uttley from Pennsylvania says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 CrossRoads Hampton 400FL View Listings

Please do NOT waste your money like we did. The floor plan is super great the quality is horrible. First time I put clothes in two of the drawers the bottom fell out. The electric hot water heater would only heat once then shut off, blow valve leaked none stop. I had to reattach the light in the closet twice in the first week. Shower door handle fell off the first time it was used. Ceiling fan was damaged in shipping when they failed to line but blades before closing slide. I had to remove the light covers from the three lights on the slide to keep the lights working (we're thinking the vibration from walking with the wight of the covers bulbs we're good). The ice maker line was installed incorrectly causing a leak (not covered by warranty). When we finally got the dealer (owner) to come out instead of dealing with the service manager after three months we were told it's a good thing that it didn't burn down around us with the way the hot water tank was wired.The ceiling fan was replaced July of 2016 and July of 2017 it started arcing Sparks big enough to see all the way to the floor and DID NOT through the breaker. The stablizer Jack's have to be adjusted every week and have started twisting the frame and worping the walls. The floor sags when you walk across it. The bay window leaks when you pull in the rain when asked to fix it the first day we had it was told," This trailers are not designed to be moved." It's listed as a travel trailer on the title and built on wheels! The roof is curved with both ends higher than the middle so that water rarely exits the gutter on the ends, usually on the slide or window. The awning on front was mounted to were the gutter is sealed in two places by caulking. Vent fan in kitchen area stopped working after about ten uses. You can not open vents without fan being on. Air conditioner will not push air enough to move a candle flame to any rear vents unless you hold the candle about three inches under the vent (ductwork improperly installed). Light flicker bright and dim. Customer service tells you one thing so you wait for the service call for weeks then call back and get told you never called to begin with and that nothing is under the warranty like you were told when you purchased.
- DeLinda Uttley, Pennsylvania

2021-02-18 2021 Crossroads Hampton 375DBL View Listings

This is my experience with the 2021 Crossroads Hampton 375DBL that I purchased. This unit is quite livable obviously under the right conditions. The coldest temperature in my area is about 32 deg-F and hottest temperature is about 110 deg-F. At 32 deg-F, the living room temperature before bedtime is about 72 deg-F and will drop to about 48 deg-F by early morning. The furnace will bring up the temp to about 68 deg-F. I turn on the fireplace heater to speed up this process. At night, there is no need to run the furnace. A small space heater in the bedroom will keep it warm all night to sleep comfortably, and if necessary a warm blanket. During hottest days at about 110 deg-F, with both A/C's running the temp is about 80 deg-F. It's still warm inside but is bearable. The bedroom barely gets any A/C since most of the air goes into the upstairs loft. There's no way to close the loft ceiling registers to route all the air down to the bedroom, you'll have to leave the bedroom door open. I'm sure you can be creative with this to close off those registers. Summer electric bill at peak temperatures was about $550 because of running A/C's all day. I have a Vue Smart Home energy monitor connected to the 50 amp breaker. The appliances that take up almost all 15 amps are the following. In order to save $ on electricity, I try not to run them during peak hours unless necessary. 1) A/C units (there are two) 2) Fireplace heater 3) Portable space heater (Purchased myself for bedroom, I only run at night when it's super cold) 4) Dryer (I do not run during peak hours to save $) 5) Washer (I do not run during peak hours to save $) 6) Electric water heater (I always have this ON. It switches on and off to maintain temp.) 7) Microwave oven (It's only on when I heat up my food) I have an energy efficient washer/dryer in the closet but it costs $$ in electricity considering the small load it handles. A full dryer takes about 80 minutes to dry 4 large bath towels. It's about $1.50-$2.00 to wash and dry 4 large bath towels based on energy consumption. You'd get more bang for your buck doing a 45 minute cycle in a normal home dryer that can do more than double the load, OR just hang dry them which costs nothing. One 30 lb (7 gal) propane bottle will last about 10 days in the winter. I have 2 main bottles, and I purchased 1 spare. Worst case, I fill up 2 bottles every 20 days. During the hot summer, one 30 lb propane bottle can last me 7-8 weeks. The overall quality and layout inside is nicer than most trailers. I would rate 4/5 stars. It loses a star because some parts of quality is lacking. I will explain more later. The manufacturing quality is sub-par, and I would rate 2/5 stars. Given that this is a higher end trailer at about $50K-$60K, I did not expect to see many manufacturing quality problems. It's very awkward towing this trailer so I had a service technician come out and fix my problems. My issues I had for this trailer is the following. 1) AC freeze protection control was not installed between evaporator fins above main living room causing unit to blow hot air. 2) Electric water heater 12V wire was not connected to 110V water heater relay which caused 12V 5Amp fuse to blow (short to ground on wire) when turned on. 3) Pantry door window, the left window is smooth on front but frosty on back. The right window is frosty on front but smooth on back. 4) No power to TV lift, blue tooth speakers or kitchen slide out ceiling LED lights. Failed after 5 months. The problem was the end crimp connectors in the under belly of the trailer are not water proof. The connectors corroded with water and eventually broke off. Fortunately, we were able to pull the wires out of the underbelly and redo them. What's worse is that the underbelly is rivetted so there's no access to the wires underneath the trailer. You would have to cut open the underbelly panels. 5) Missing 1 ceiling register vent. 6) Bluetooth power harness to SB26 sound bar had a break in the wire and would intermittently turn off. This is probably a blue tooth manufacturing problem. 7) Water leak at washer/dryer connection. This was a dealership installation problem. 8) I would say 25% of the top loft rails are screwed into studs. The other 75% just go into the wall, eventually with enough vibration and movement in the trailer, the screws strip through the dry wall. Same with the handrails to the stairs, 2 out of 6 screws are into studs. I have an outdoor wifi extender outside my main home. I get full internet speeds using 5Ghz at 50Mbps/50Mbps download/upload speeds inside the trailer. If the manufacturing quality issues weren't present, I would say this is a pretty good trailer. Overall, I would purchase this trailer while being mindful of what issues may arise.
- R. Nguyen, California

2020-11-23 2017 CrossRoads Hampton HP400FL View Listings

Just purchased the trailer used. Extreme rust on frame and support straps. One strap was dangling on one side. Roof membrane at front of trailer has come out from under the drip edge exposing osb plywood. Front left window is installed upside down. Weep holes are at the top! Electrical switch on front of frame is completely melted. No brakes, truck does not recognize anything in computer. 1/8" interior plywood wall coverings are popped out all over the place. The shower leaked like a sieve at bottom right because there was zero caulking! Under the aluminum door track was 2 way tape! Had to completely remove the shower doors and bottom track to clean and dry and seal properly with silicone. Rear steps are so badly rusted they barely fold. This thing is only 3 years old! The manufacturer claims 12 year warranty on roof. We shall see. Frame rust is way beyond surface damage. The entire bottom of I beam frame needs heavy grinding and repainting. Inexpensive and I'm finding new problems as I speak. Hoping puddled water under kitchen sink was left over from leaking shower. It's just a flimsy wall separating bathroom from kitchen. No obvious leaks found yet. All four tires were so badly cracked I bought replacements immediately. Why in the hell would an electrical component with bare wires exposed to the road elements not be covered? I'm not even sure what it is exactly! Not yet anyway. With no brakes, no lights, no way I can move this piece of crap if I needed to. Not impressed with anything on this really. Hard to enjoy with so many serious issues
- Robert Brenner, California

2020-10-08 2020 CrossRoads Hampton HP371KL View Listings

Hampton is a terrible company to buy an RV from. 4 screws came out of the wall that held blinds, trim on ceiling starting to come down, doors that won't stay closed, stove that was sent without grommets, Fireplace rattles like a firebell, etc...Hamptons answer to all this is it isn't covered under 1 year warranty, but a 90 day adjustment warranty which is useless because it is a park model and 2 hours from service. Dealer said make a note of problems and all would be fixed at season end. Huge problems trying to get solutions from Hampton and all they can say is"sucks to be you - should read your owners manual"
- K. Cronin, Ontario

2018-07-16 2015 CrossRoads Hampton 380QB View Listings

This camper is great. The floor plan is large and open. Loved two air conditioners, lots of counter space, lots of windows to see the views and larger living area. It is a great camper and serves a camper purpose.
- Sonny Mack, Minnesota

2018-07-14 2015 CrossRoads Hampton 380FD View Listings

The whole camper spot/camper is beautiful. Very thought out floor plan and the work that has been done is amazing! Very friendly campground from my experience as well. The surrounding families talked highly of it the camper and spot.
- Savannah Mack, Minnesota

2017-07-12 2011 CrossRoads Hampton 38FK View Listings

This was a wonderful RV to live in. Tons of storage. More like living in a house than an RV. Has full size appliances. Lots of living room space. Have had a full size couch, chair and love seat in the living room. Lots of windows, spacious and don't feel closed in. Would make a wonderful camper to put near the lake. Also has polar insulation.
- Jamie Christine McGaffick, Tennessee