Coleman RVs Reviews (18)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Coleman RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Mark from North Carolina says:

Have you owned any Coleman RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Coleman Coleman Lantern CTS262BHS View Listings

After 29 years of used RVs, we bought a brand new 2017 CTS262BH Coleman travel trailer. Keep in mind that this review is based on the price point of the Coleman brand, not a high end travel trailer. For this price point the Coleman offers a lot. By 2017 standards it's not a super advanced travel trailer. But, for what we're use to it's like the space shuttle. Our last RV was a 1990 Mallard class A Sprinter, 28 foot, motorhome. We had lots of great trips in that RV but, it was a dinosaur. Compared to the old Mallard this camper is very comfortable. It has central air, central heat, a larger bathroom, wired for cable TV, an electric awning, stereo inside and out, DVD player, LED light fixtures, a super slideout, a queen bed, Easy access tank dumps, Bunk beds, a nice sofa with a flip down center cup holder that my wife loves, etc.. The weight is in the ballpark of 5500 pounds. My 1500 Suburban, 5.3 V8, 4x4 pulls it just fine. We use a 10,000 pound rated weight distribution hitch that was set up at the dealership and it really makes the tow experience much nicer. I added Sumo SuperSprings to my Suburban and they are worth their weight in gold. So far I don't really have any serious complaints. I'm use to a manual, heavy awning. This one has the push button electric awning that seems kinda flimsy. I would rather have the old school manual awning. It has a roll up TV antenna on the roof, in 2017, really? I almost never used the antenna on the motorhome and can pretty much guarantee that I won't use it on the trailer. Overall, considering the bang for buck, the Coleman is a great travel trailer. It's a lot of trailer for the weight and the cost. We are happy with it. I do think, based on 3 decades of RV-ing, that maintenance will be important with this unit. I'm big on that anyway so, that plays right into my wheel house. No RV should be purchased and ignored most of the year. One ignored roof leak will total an RV very quickly.
- Mark, North Carolina

2019-08-16 2018 Coleman Coleman Light 2305QB View Listings

2018 Coleman camper The biggest mistake I’ve ever made in my life. At 75 I thought I would enjoy it. It was the biggest let Down. At a year and a half my Furniture is peeling. And thing Falling a part. Please don’t make the mistake I did iDon’t buy a Dutchman Please you will regret it. Very upset
- Alma Everett, Florida

2019-08-14 2018 Coleman Coleman 2065RL View Listings

We just had our family camping trip centered around our camper and had a great time. I am going to upgrade to a larger one and it will only be a Coleman. Please tell me how to upload a photo so I can share our family photo.
- wayne morgan, Georgia

2019-07-02 2019 Coleman Coleman 280RL View Listings

I purchased this rv from Camping World of Avondale and immediately we have had problems with it. The fridge/freezer never worked, the shower is set up to spray all over the floor, the table LITERALLY CAME OFF THE GROUND when we pulled the slide in, the ac/heater can’t stay on consistently, the trim of the slide FELL OFF, the bedroom door fell off, and the outside lights fell off. This rv is not livable by any means, nor is it USABLE. When we called our warranty repairs man, Lee, he said our trailer is in such “disrepair” for being so “new”. When I called Tom Woodell, from Dutchman, he basically told me all he can do is help me get all the repairs done. I told him I just overall want to get rid of it and forget about this nightmare. He was no help at all, and I am in shock to see such low quality product come from such a well known company. Camping World is doing what they can to help us get out of this travel trailer.
- Katryna Heritage, Arizona

2019-06-29 2018 Coleman Light 1705 View Listings

2018 Coleman Coleman 1705 Light Travel trailer. uncomfortable garbage!!! Stay away from it and camping world to buy from. The couch is impossible to get comfortable on. The bed is impossible to sleep on. The awning leaked the second time we used it and was in the shop for a month. The a.c. is so loud you have to crank the tv to even hear it.
- Ken churches , Florida

2019-06-02 2019 Coleman Light 29925RL View Listings

Camper is poorly built . Cheap material have had so many problems have owned maybe 1 month . Now fault light is on who knows what that means . I would definitely never recommend a Coleman camper for any reason . I should have listened. I'll know better next time . I wish I could find a class action lawsuit to get in with. So maybe I could get out of this camper and into one with . qaulity . Put in for warranty a month ago still has not be approved. Called customer service they said supervisor would call me back never happened been over a week . Please stay away from . You will regret it . I give it 2 thumbs down .
- Jeremy conlee, Mississippi

2019-05-21 2019 Coleman Light 1805RB View Listings

I chose this model because of the floorplan which I still love but I'm here because I've had nothing but issues since day one. When the camper was received at the dealer they found that the grey and black tanks piping were switched (this was fixed by Camping World but I find it funny that this wasn't found during their "1500 point inspection'-let me not get started on them..) After reiving the camper I did my own walk around and found that the brake wiring was just hanging below the axles and there was bare wire exposed on both sides. Running over one tree limb could've been disastrous. I also found several places where the manufacturer failed to silicone. Upon inspection of the roof I found that the air conditioner was not fully secured, a roof vent was missing a screw, lap sealant was missing and/or bubbling in several places. Then after about 2.5 months I started to notice the trim on the bulkhead was pulling away and exposed the wood underneath. (Please keep in mind that the camper was brand new and all these issues were within the first 3 months). After another month I started to notice that there was a section on the roof that had a part of the decking pushing up against the rubber membrane essentially stretching it and creating a peak. I contacted Keystone (Coleman's parent company) to initiate warranty repairs and was referred to Camping World. In the 6th month of ownership I took the camper to Camping World for a warranty evaluation where Keystone warranted all issues except the roof claiming that it was "cosmetic". (This is where I could rant about how poorly Camping World documented the roof issue..but that's another topic) After picking the camper up I decided that I would submit my own photos that better showed the roof issue. Keystone reviewed the photos and suggested I have another authorized dealer perform a warranty evaluation. (Please keep in mind I'm leaving out details of how inconveniencing it is to set appointments, take time off and travel to and from these appointments) I carried the camper to another dealer Keystone suggested and went through the whole process again just to be denied yet again. For a company that really pushes their 3 year structural warranty as a selling point they sure don't take it seriously! So here I am with a piece of the structure that is not secured pressing against my roof membrane.. hoping and praying that the underlayment isn't going to rip the roof and let water in. I feel helpless because now that I've had this issue I have found that this is not an uncommon issue with Keystone products. Thousands of other people are stuck in this same situation of owning a new camper that is falling apart and/or leaking with a manufacturer who doesn't honor their warranty.
- A disappointed owner , Oregon

2019-02-03 2018 Coleman Coleman Light 2305QB View Listings

We bought it in March 2018. The layout is perfect for a couple such as our selfs. We took it on week long trips as well as weekends in the high Rockies. Every thing has performed perfectly with the exception of the heater. We have had problems with the limit switch and camping world has a huge back log on warranty work. The roof sealants had to be reapplied due to shrinking. Which is very common and should be done once a year anyway. Yes they are a made on an assembly line and have some lose screws here and there. Take a little time to add a few screws and some caulking. With the new camping season coming up us I am looking forward to camping in my Coleman 2305qb.
- David Cordova , Colorado

2018-10-10 2015 Coleman Explorer 260RL View Listings

this camper is the worst i have ever had im 69 years old had a lot of rvs, a/c is to small it is a dometic 15000. it just so happens it is pre wired in front vent for a 2nd a/c at my cost, [Dealer] is were i bought,someone new it needed a 2nd air, [Dealer] admitted to me , but says coleman does not authorize for 2nd air, i have owned motor home and etc. this a 26 ft rear living , i am so sorry i bought this rv, and at [Dealer] witch could careless about my issue, i can get no one from coleman or dometic to answer me beware of buying coleman rv. i am a disabled vet never thought i could get screwed by coleman Ernest Smith
- Ernest r Smith, North Carolina

2018-10-06 2017 Coleman Light 1925BH View Listings

The Coleman 1925BH is a bunkhouse and has a murphy bed. The Murphy bed in sofa mode allows a lot of space in the RV. The sink in the bathroom is a nice bonus. For the 2 of us the size is just right. We had 4 and it gets a little tight on long trips. The quality is so so, I had to fix soome little things(drawers, table base screws, replaced the vent fan with a real one) but about what I expected at the price point. Downside is the width and height cause a lot of aero drag so mileage could be beter if they lowered the box and tapered the front more. Overall I'm satisfied with it.
- Ed Grozalis, Pennsylvania

2018-09-11 2018 Coleman Lantern LT 17RD View Listings

We have camped for many years in many different things. Now that we are in the last 5-10 years before retirement, we decided to go back to a regular camper trailer. Didn't want something too big, yet we had some basic wants. This trailer meets it all. The bed being sideways is the only real drawback. I will admit that up front. The best part is the seating in the back. The table was too big, so I replaced it with a shorter one. That makes it easier to get around. The galley has everything we need. We cook mostly outside and have only used the microwave for heating up breakfast one day. The sink is fine where it is and works as expected. The bathroom across from it is not too small. It is pretty normal sized. I can stand straight up in the shower, but barely. There is room to close the door when sitting on the toilet. These are the important things! The front storage is a bit too deep given that it is not a pass through. I built a "creeper" with a flat wide piece of wood and some trundle bed wheels. It makes it easier to pull stuff out from way in the back. I wish the panels for the water tanks, hot and fresh, were more easily accessible. They are both hidden in another storage hole, making getting in them an acrobatic challenge. Nothing impossible, but more of a challenge than I will want 10 years from now. The trailer pulls great. The light weight makes it very nice. I have to mention that I added an Autowbrake brake controller to the trailer. If you want something that works great and is not dependent on the tow vehicle, take a look at them. I will mention that the tow wiring is not standard color coded. Watch out for that! The dump tanks are separate making dumping take longer to move the hose from one to the other. The black water is too far under the trailer. I cannot see and reach it at the same time. I really don't want to get on my knees at a public dump station! The other change I made was to add a second step. The single step it comes with is about 16" off the ground. That is a bit too much. The added second step is just right. Worth the effort. Although, it did require some cutting of the mount. Not a big deal, and maybe a different brand of steps would not have had that problem. I used what I had! Other than personalization's like wall hangers and spring bars to hold stuff in place, everything else is working without modifications. Just a smaller back table and 2 steps. I added a USB powered BlueTooth Transmitter to the "zone 2" RCA connectors on the back of the radio. That will let us have a speaker outside the camper. I don't consider that so much a modification as an add on. There are no outside speakers, so this is an easy way to add something like that. However, in doing this, I found that the inside front and back are not "stereo" on one channel. It is wired as zone 1 and zone 2. That means the volume for the back connections are also zone 2 and increases the volume inside the trailer. I need to re-wire them so they are stereo on zone 1 only. After a couple of months, I have found that the antennae wire has a short in it. I am not sure if it is inside or outside. I will take it back in a couple of months for warranty once I find out what else may be wrong with it. If I pull the connector half way out, disconnecting the shield ground, the radio works fine. If I leave the connector fully connected, or even let the shields touch, the radio loses signal. If it is the inside connector, I could fix it easy. If it is the one outside the trailer, that is a lot more work and I will let the shop fix it under warranty. For the next 10 years, my wife and I will enjoy it a lot. It is not big enough for anyone else to spend the night, but the back seating is great for 5 or 6 people to sit and talk, drink, play games, or whatever.
- Jeff, Wisconsin

2018-08-01 2017 Coleman Lantern LT 17FQ View Listings

Lots of Travel trailer for the price. Able to sleep 6, which is great for the price range. Very spacious. Lots of storage. Easy to tow. We have had no complaints about our experience with this travel trailer.
- Jill, Oklahoma

2018-07-09 2018 Coleman Coleman Light 2305QB View Listings

Bought the camper in September 2017. have camped in it five times. The second time out the trim on the inside of the slide out fell off. The third time we had it out the bathroom door fell off. and now it has started leaking on the front and it messing up the closet and storage over the bed. Very cheaply made. Will not buy another one. Just waiting for the next thing to happen.
- Steve Taylor, Florida

2018-05-25 2017 Coleman Coleman 250 View Listings

Coleman Dutchman model # 250TQWE What hasn't gone wrong with this trailer! We have had to fix the front metal sheeting came loose on the road, the roof leaked and caused water damage to the whole front of the trailer, when turning on the heater the air conditioner turns on, the back air vent bar rubbed a hole in the leather seats from poor placement, lights not working, 2nd use of awning the awning broke. Warranty work was covered except on the awning. I am surprised this hasn't caught itself on fire already. Coleman Dutchman do not stand behind their products! If you want to enjoy a stress free weekend do not buy this trailer. It was the poorest decision we ever made purchasing this.
- sarahcicogni@hotmail.com, Arizona

2017-12-20 2018 Coleman Coleman Light 2515RL View Listings

so far I have not found anything of quality on this rv. material and workmanship are poor at best. drawers in the kitchen are not secured and are wobbling. cheap door facings, nail holes, screws run in too far on bathroom door facing, bed and bathroom doors are too short leaving big gaps at the top and bottom. already have a brake problem and have only pulled this unit 90 miles. this is a problem since the warranty dealer is 90 miles away. will go back to motorhomes. these arent much for quality!!!!
- Matt, North Carolina

2017-07-04 2013 Coleman Americana 271RB View Listings

Love the layout. Very roomy. Largest bathroom i have eer seen in a Tt. Double slide makes it feel more like a home. Center kitchen counter is very nice. Lots of room for food prep. If ihad designed it i would put one more slide to slide out master bed and put a dresser at foot of bed.it would increase the weight but since this is still an ultralight i think it would be okay.
- Michell Henderson, California

2017-04-12 1997 Coleman Grand Tour Sun Ridge View Listings

Pulls like a dream!Cadillac of pop-ups!Easy set up!Spacious quarters with two seating areas!Lots of storage! Perfect for dry/wet camping!Refrig & Pantry aligned with door for quick access! What A Joy!
- Kerby Ball, Kansas

2015-03-18 2000 Coleman Coleman Sun Valley View Listings

Bought this RV used have had a lot fun with it very easy to pull lots of room only minor problems
- robert, Michigan