Coleman Reviews on RV Insider (41)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Coleman RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Mark from North Carolina says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Coleman Coleman Lantern CTS262BHS View Listings

After 29 years of used RVs, we bought a brand new 2017 CTS262BH Coleman travel trailer. Keep in mind that this review is based on the price point of the Coleman brand, not a high end travel trailer. For this price point the Coleman offers a lot. By 2017 standards it's not a super advanced travel trailer. But, for what we're use to it's like the space shuttle. Our last RV was a 1990 Mallard class A Sprinter, 28 foot, motorhome. We had lots of great trips in that RV but, it was a dinosaur. Compared to the old Mallard this camper is very comfortable. It has central air, central heat, a larger bathroom, wired for cable TV, an electric awning, stereo inside and out, DVD player, LED light fixtures, a super slideout, a queen bed, Easy access tank dumps, Bunk beds, a nice sofa with a flip down center cup holder that my wife loves, etc.. The weight is in the ballpark of 5500 pounds. My 1500 Suburban, 5.3 V8, 4x4 pulls it just fine. We use a 10,000 pound rated weight distribution hitch that was set up at the dealership and it really makes the tow experience much nicer. I added Sumo SuperSprings to my Suburban and they are worth their weight in gold. So far I don't really have any serious complaints. I'm use to a manual, heavy awning. This one has the push button electric awning that seems kinda flimsy. I would rather have the old school manual awning. It has a roll up TV antenna on the roof, in 2017, really? I almost never used the antenna on the motorhome and can pretty much guarantee that I won't use it on the trailer. Overall, considering the bang for buck, the Coleman is a great travel trailer. It's a lot of trailer for the weight and the cost. We are happy with it. I do think, based on 3 decades of RV-ing, that maintenance will be important with this unit. I'm big on that anyway so, that plays right into my wheel house. No RV should be purchased and ignored most of the year. One ignored roof leak will total an RV very quickly.
- Mark, North Carolina

2020-10-12 2018 Coleman Lantern 285BH View Listings

Owner for 2 year great until now. On trip to see family front bedroom emergency exit window exploded send "safety glass" everywhere. On the way home from same trip both closets in front cap of trailer began to leak. Floor is warping even with "sealed" under belly. Dont buy from camping world!!
- Alex.macmillan371, Washington

2020-10-04 2019 Coleman Light 2515RL View Listings

First of all the camper, itself has a outside sticker, stating Coleman Light XL Series. On paper, states Coleman Light Series. Which is it? Nothing with 2515 RL listed under the LX. Just saying. Loved the layout, bathroom connected to bedroom. Good counter space. Bought brand new, off lot. Back auto jack had to be replaced, very loose and loud. Sliding bedroom door, did not have stoppers, either way, opening or closing. Slid completely off gliders, tearing trim off. Door has holes in it from being on a hinged door, before I think. Needs more electric outlets. Only has 2 in living area. One on back wall and one in center by TV. I have several extension cords.It does have several USB outlets, that’s a Plus.Much appreciated. Bedroom outlets were exceptable. After 1st trip, trim from around bathroom doors came off. Some doors aren’t lined up for proper closure and some drawers, too. Even before we took from dealer, anything that we saw needed fixing, they wanted to make sure Warranty covered it. WE HAVENT EVEN TAKEN IT YET! I think the dealership should take some responsibility. We fixed a lot of stuff ourselves, because it would take Dealership to long. Faucet in kitchen, we had to readjust, so we could use the cold water. Had arm to close to wall to turn fully. The digital thermostat is laughable. We even returned for service, because we couldn’t get thermostat to work, properly. They showed us, again, how to ‘work’ it. Said it was ‘us’. Don’t ever get a Dometic Digital thermostat. While on a trip, it completely quit changing temperatures. Upon Googling, said digital thermostat, bad reviews, all way around. Dometic has since redesigned them, so it says. Most Consumers recommended replace completely or remove cover to thermostat, it needs direct finger contact, which scares me. Disappointed in Coleman Camper. Expected a better made camper. Quality Control totally Not there. I’ve had it a year, now. I think I have all the issues corrected or figured out. Hopefully.
- Donna Baker, Alabama

2020-09-21 2011 Coleman Ultra-Lite CT240 View Listings

The trailer tows easily. I will never go back to a wooden frame or steel frame trailer again. We carried a generator in the truck for primitive sites, and it worked like a charm. I first bought ours for hunting up north and that was nice. The bathroom in back is a must, and the AC placement cools the whole thing while being quiet by the bed. The sink is ok in the bathroom, though a little small. I would have placed the switches for the pumps and batteries in a better place. Winterizing means knowing where the valves are for the heater, but it is a easy once you know. I spend five weeks on the road to New Mexico in October, then two weeks in the desert / primitive, and it was great. Me and two dogs. Wife and I, two dogs and two grand kids did well for six days in Utah. and another trip to North Dakota. Add Maine, Florida and Pennsylvania, and the only reason we sold ours, was to upgrade to a full RV as I got older.
- Allen Arbroath, Virginia

2020-09-18 2013 Coleman Explorer 268RK View Listings

Our family bought our Coleman trailer from Manteca Trailers in California. Avoid those guys. Within a month the floor started to peel up and we took it to Camping World in Vacaville - they are worth doing business with certainly. Yes - Dutchmen took forever to approve the fix and the trailer was with Camping World for 4 months, but it was done and done correctly. Since that only repair I have been very happy with it. No problems with any of the electronics, appliances, or anything else. Everything works just like it should. Maybe I should knock on wood given these reviews. We have been out in the unit perhaps 20 times and it's all good.
- Stephen Anderson, California

2020-09-11 2019 Coleman Light LX 2125BH View Listings

A great design for a light weight travel trailer that can be safely pulled by an SUV. We pull ours with an Audi Q7 3.0. Loaded up our trailer weighs around 5100 lbs, with a tongue weight of 520. A family of 4 are quite comfortable in this travel trailer. While it is not the quality of an Airstream obviously, it is very good "bang-for-the-buck".
- Joe, Illinois

2020-08-26 2018 Coleman Lantern 285BH View Listings

We purchased our travel trailer from Holiday in Jefferson, Iowa. We had good service while we were looking for one. But once we started having trouble with the camper and needed work done, then we ran in to trouble. I would never purchase a camper from these people again. Communication is terrible, and management was of no support at all for the trouble we had with the camper. wiring, the fridge and the lights.
- Kathy Sorensen, Iowa

2020-08-22 2019 Coleman Light 2515RL View Listings

Bought a Coleman 1605 fb ultra light last June . This past Tuesday heading North the hub blew apart on the Hwy . Thankfully no one was killed hubs dry as a bone . Who ever should have greased axel must have been drinking on break . I had to have Trailer towed to Campers world in Berkeley where we had purchased. If Coleman wants to stay in good graces they should 100% replace the Trailer better yet give me a 2020 and a tad bigger . I will be calling Monday to rectify this matter !!!!!!
- Alan r kendall, Massachusetts

2020-08-21 2018 Coleman Lantern 285BH View Listings

Never buy Coleman! We bought this brand new and had it winterized. Our first camping trip and the slide outs dig actual lines across the kitchen floor- all the nail/staple holes are filled with putty let’s say chunks are out all over and the color doesn’t match- the floor also starts to peel up- the outdoor kitchen bubbles up from water damage and the one lock doesn’t work- there are no sticks with the blinds to open and close them the hot water and cold water on the sinks are opposite - the bedroom cabinets are all peeling - the sun shade is filthy - the one slide out where the floor is now sliced from the slide out is all cracked. We did bring this back to camping world in Kingston NY for all these issues since it was brand new. They kept it for about 12 weeks and guess what! They fixed nothing! It all looks the same if not worse! The only thing I can say nice is I love the layout.
- Danielle, New Jersey

2020-08-08 2016 Coleman Lantern 274BH View Listings

This is the worst camper trailer! Bought brand new off the lot at Camping World. We have had problems since our first trip to the coast in 2016. Camping World told us it was just normal wear and tear. Wallpaper bubbles and shinking. A/C doesn't work, Refrigerator doesn't work, heater even quit. We has to replace the interior lights because they stopped working. Coleman should be ashamed of themselves!
- Angela McKnight , California

2020-07-12 2020 Coleman Lantern 263BH View Listings

We just bought a Coleman Lantern toy hauler 30’. In the first 100 miles the cabinet fell apart. In the 2nd 100 miles the front door deadbolt broke so we’re locked out and it Sunday. Also been told to put a new set E rated tires on it. Quality is poor and price is high. Welcome to the 2020 RV world
- Greg Bryan, Texas

2020-06-23 2020 Coleman Lantern 263BH View Listings

I purchased this RV brand new and have used it for 3 camping trips. So far, all of the cabinets and drawers won’t stay shut while towing. We’ve had to bungee them together to keep them closed. The big drawer under the stove came all the way out and ended up on the floor, with the frame. The screws from the door under the couch have come off on one side. The fridge has also had some issues. Some of the window shades don’t work properly. And the small solar panel that came with the trailer didn’t come with the plug to plug it in the trailer.
- Rose, Utah

2020-06-20 2019 Coleman Light 2515RL View Listings

We bought a 2019 Coleman Lantern because of the floor plan. Our first trip it rained. Water was standing in the slide out under the couch. We had to have the room sealed. Then the air conditioning thermostat didn’t work. The maker of that device did send a replacement. We have camped about 10 times and the air conditioner keeps freezing up even after I looked on for YouTube troubleshooting. We camp in Alabama and Georgia where it gets hot but the air isn’t even working for temperatures in the 80s. Also the cabinet by the stove has areas of discoloring where something got spilled and permanently stained the paper like covered cabinets. I would not Buy a camper from this maker again. Very dissatisfied and disappointed.
- Angela Sullivan, Alabama

2020-05-22 2018 Coleman Lantern 285BH View Listings

Bought this RV new off the lot less than a year ago. The first awning broke during the first little bit of rain (with 0 wind) while my wife and I were sitting under it. Snapped the tracks off the side and everything. Heater element for the water tank went out after three months and 4 uses. Water seeping in through the slide out. Floor underneath the tub has already rotted through. And now, just before I wrote this, my second awning snapped after less than a minute of rain. I’m done with this piece of junk. Stay far far far away from Coleman. Sure the price point is nice, but you get what you pay for, and I wish I’d have been smarter with my choice. If you like your camper spending most of the season waiting for the warranty company to get around to fixing your rv, this one is for you. Otherwise, be smart and spend a little extra for better quality. Don’t be like me and get stuck with a lemon.
- Eddie , North Carolina

2020-05-09 2019 Coleman Light 2515RL View Listings

I enjoy the floorplans and the light towing but unfortunately the inside has been one disappointment after the other. The quality is terrible. The vinyl on the furniture is showing great signs of wear after one year and minimal usage. The flooring linoleum bubbled. The wallpaper that is applied over the press-wood tears and peels with the slightest touch. I’ve had the same Coleman camping products for 20 years and have no need to replace them. The Coleman Brand slapped on these campers was sadly misleading. This is my third RV and first time camping as empty nesters without our three boys I can’t imagine the terror of kids touching anything inside this camper and watching it fall apart. I am absolutely sure it will need an interior upgrade by year three.
- Carmelita Torres, Texas

2020-01-08 2019 Coleman Light 2835BH View Listings

Loved the look of it first season the window fell out of the slide and the awning arm was held in loose by one bolt. Gander fixed issues in around 7 weeks. After a few trips the electric hookup fell out of RV the cord was too heavy and no support. Other than that everything else has been fixable with a staple gun. Took use of the 2nd AC prep as the single unit was terrible in Alabama summer. Over all satisfied just wished the QC was a little better.
- Jon Wallace, Alabama

2019-12-22 2020 Coleman Lantern 263BH View Listings

I liked the price and the floorplan. The colors were neutral enough to work with. What I did not like, 2 drawers have missed track and the doors won't lock with the key. There's no hole for it. Ordered a keyless entry lock and will have to replace the drawer slides. Other than those, a good solid C+ B-. For the price.
- Carol Schneider , South Carolina

2019-11-25 2010 Coleman Coleman CT270 View Listings

my experience with this rv was incedable my family and I lived in this rv for 40 days and 40 nights traveling around the us. total 07 8,000 miles. niagra falls turned west to SD badlands wall SD hot springs SD Mt rushmore crazy horse, devils tower yellowstone ,west yellowstone, Mt. north rim of the grand canyon ,bryce canyon pink sand dunes az ghost towns in az ,tombstone az ,roswell nm , texas .old rt 66 east towards home ,graceland , nashville tn sweetwater tn .appomattox va back home to NJ.the greatest time and life experience and family bonding and quality time ever. even if you don't buy this RV you should really get one and take the time to go ,life is to short not to go now!
- james o kiefer, New Jersey

2019-10-20 2016 Coleman Lantern 250TQ View Listings

I have owned this camper for slightly longer than a year. So far, we had to have the furnace and A/C unit replaced. I’m now sitting in my camper and the refrigerator will not work on LP, and now the roof is leaking and dripping on the bed.
- Randy Bolig, Florida

2019-10-18 2019 Coleman Light 2425RB View Listings

WE BOUGHT THIS 2019 COLEMAN CAMPER IN APRIL, 2019, FROM CAMPING WORLD.IT HAS A 1 YEAR WARRANTY. I HEARD THE NIGHTMARES ABOUT TAKING YOUR CAMPER IN FOR MAINTENANCE THAT JUST BECAUSE YOU HAVE AN APPOINTMENT DOESN'T MEAN IT WILL BE FIXED RIGHT AWAY. IT MAY TAKE MONTHS. I BOOKED MY 1 YEAR MAINTENANCE CHECK IN OCTOBER,2019 THINKING THEY WOULD HAVE THE WHOLE WINTER TO WORK ON IT BEFORE I NEEDED IT IN SPRING. I MADE A LIST THE WHOLE SUMMER OF DIFFERENT THINGS WE NOTICED. WHEN WE HOOKED UP THE CAMPER TO OUR VEHICLE AFTER BEING PARKED ALL SUMMER IN OUR CAMPGROUND. WATER WAS FLOWING OUT OF THE BOTTOM ENOUGH TO FILL A SWIMMING POOL. WE PULLED IT FORWARD AGAIN AND TONS MORE WATER CAME FLOWING OUT OF THE BOTTOM RAILS. THE CAMPER HAS TWO SLIDE OUTS, KITCHEN, MAIN. CAMPING WORLD SAID THEIR WAS MAJOR STRUCTURE DAMAGE TO THE MAIN SLIDE OUT, CANAPY WAS NOT INSTALLED PROPERLY, ROOF HAD HOLES IN AND ALL 4 CORNERS, TOP RAIL WAS NOT INSTALLED CORRECTLY AND THE SCREWS WERE POKING THRU. CAMPING WORLD SAID THEY WILL ONLY WARRANT THE WORK FOR 90 DAYS. IN WISCONSIN, WE DON'T CAMP IN NOV, DEC, JAN, FEB, MARCH. THIS IS A $30,000 CAMPER 6 MONTHS OLD, NOW I DO HAVE THE EXTENDED WARRANTY, BUT THAT ONLY COVERS MECHANICAL, MOTORS, NOTHING WITH THE ROOF, FLOORS, WALL, ETC. THE REVIEWS LOOKED GOOD WHEN I RESEARCHED IT. WHAT DOES A CUSTOMER DO NOW? TRADE IT, AND LOSE MONEY? IS THIS GOING TO BE THE END OF THE MAJOR REPAIRS? DOES THIS QUALIFY UNDER LEMON LAW? WHO CAN HELP ME RESOLVE THIS ISSUE?
- SUSIE SEAGER, Wisconsin

2019-09-11 2019 Coleman Light 2425RB View Listings

This unit has the worst quality build. I bought this unit new, I’ve had this unit for 4 months and I’m still waiting on some parts that were order in the first week after possession. Horrible fit and finish! Only logical reason for this I assume blind children have assembled it! On my trip this past weekend both bunk windows blew out while driving on the highway. Save your money!
- Robert, Yukon

2019-09-08 2010 Coleman Highlander Niagara 4433 View Listings

This trailer has been great. Very well made, very few issues. Best pop up you can get IMHO. We have been able to camp with 2 kids, 2 adults, and 2 100+ lbs dogs each. At night its a bit tight stepping over the dogs but otherwise great. We have been inside the camper as long as 4 days due to rain and no problems. No leaks. We were warm and had enough room to move around even while stuck inside for that long. Only reason we are selling is we are growing out of it.
- Olga, Arizona

2019-08-28 2019 Coleman Lantern LT 17RD View Listings

I bought in April in Albuquerque NM and knew going in the would be issues that needed to be adjust by the dealership. That started before accepting the RV. A few minor issues were noted. Than came driving off the lot. Awing locked up the first week, now under entry door and detailing bubbling and starting to separate from the siding. Than it takes over a month for warranty approval, shipping of parts, and to get back to the dealership 500 miles round trip, a total of 3 times. End result - They shifted the bow under the door to the right, drug the new replacement awning arm across the concrete work floor damaging it, slipped with the caulk gun causing 3 dents in the siding, and removed detailing on the front of the rv where the sun had heated the siding up (on first warranty visit it was indicated that the remainder of the detailing was doing the same thing). Found out that the detailing was applied with heat, no glue/adhesive was used to adhere it). I live in the SW and it does get warm, so if heat adheres it than heat will remove it. NOW MY new RV is sitting in Texas waiting repairs. In 4 months of having this unit the only time I have been able to hit the road and semi use it was the two trips back to Albuquerque attempting to get issues corrected. Who knows if the unit will be available and finished for the weekender planned and than the trip trip to medical appointments starting the middle of September. I do love the interior layout except insufficient closed clothes storage in sleeping area, location of the AC unit (does not sufficiently cool down seating area) bedroom window not being a functional window. When a product is made to be distributed nation wide more thought should be put into climate issues across the country.
- Joanne Bryan, New Mexico

2019-08-23 2019 Coleman Lantern 244BH View Listings

We purchase a 2019 Coleman 244BH- Do not buy! went out with it twice and already have issues -- Water heater does not work, paneling in the bathroom peeling, front door wont shut and gutter is falling off. WE purchased a new camper because we wanted to avoid issues,however that is not the case . Trying to get it fix has been as hassle , customer service is terrible.
- Tara Derenze, New York

2019-08-16 2018 Coleman Coleman Light 2305QB View Listings

2018 Coleman camper The biggest mistake I’ve ever made in my life. At 75 I thought I would enjoy it. It was the biggest let Down. At a year and a half my Furniture is peeling. And thing Falling a part. Please don’t make the mistake I did iDon’t buy a Dutchman Please you will regret it. Very upset
- Alma Everett, Florida