Coleman Reviews on RV Insider (33)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Coleman RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Mark from North Carolina says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Coleman Coleman Lantern CTS262BHS View Listings

After 29 years of used RVs, we bought a brand new 2017 CTS262BH Coleman travel trailer. Keep in mind that this review is based on the price point of the Coleman brand, not a high end travel trailer. For this price point the Coleman offers a lot. By 2017 standards it's not a super advanced travel trailer. But, for what we're use to it's like the space shuttle. Our last RV was a 1990 Mallard class A Sprinter, 28 foot, motorhome. We had lots of great trips in that RV but, it was a dinosaur. Compared to the old Mallard this camper is very comfortable. It has central air, central heat, a larger bathroom, wired for cable TV, an electric awning, stereo inside and out, DVD player, LED light fixtures, a super slideout, a queen bed, Easy access tank dumps, Bunk beds, a nice sofa with a flip down center cup holder that my wife loves, etc.. The weight is in the ballpark of 5500 pounds. My 1500 Suburban, 5.3 V8, 4x4 pulls it just fine. We use a 10,000 pound rated weight distribution hitch that was set up at the dealership and it really makes the tow experience much nicer. I added Sumo SuperSprings to my Suburban and they are worth their weight in gold. So far I don't really have any serious complaints. I'm use to a manual, heavy awning. This one has the push button electric awning that seems kinda flimsy. I would rather have the old school manual awning. It has a roll up TV antenna on the roof, in 2017, really? I almost never used the antenna on the motorhome and can pretty much guarantee that I won't use it on the trailer. Overall, considering the bang for buck, the Coleman is a great travel trailer. It's a lot of trailer for the weight and the cost. We are happy with it. I do think, based on 3 decades of RV-ing, that maintenance will be important with this unit. I'm big on that anyway so, that plays right into my wheel house. No RV should be purchased and ignored most of the year. One ignored roof leak will total an RV very quickly.
- Mark, North Carolina

2020-08-08 2016 Coleman Lantern 274BH View Listings

This is the worst camper trailer! Bought brand new off the lot at Camping World. We have had problems since our first trip to the coast in 2016. Camping World told us it was just normal wear and tear. Wallpaper bubbles and shinking. A/C doesn't work, Refrigerator doesn't work, heater even quit. We has to replace the interior lights because they stopped working. Coleman should be ashamed of themselves!
- Angela McKnight , California

2020-07-12 2020 Coleman Lantern 263BH View Listings

We just bought a Coleman Lantern toy hauler 30’. In the first 100 miles the cabinet fell apart. In the 2nd 100 miles the front door deadbolt broke so we’re locked out and it Sunday. Also been told to put a new set E rated tires on it. Quality is poor and price is high. Welcome to the 2020 RV world
- Greg Bryan, Texas

2020-06-23 2020 Coleman Lantern 263BH View Listings

I purchased this RV brand new and have used it for 3 camping trips. So far, all of the cabinets and drawers won’t stay shut while towing. We’ve had to bungee them together to keep them closed. The big drawer under the stove came all the way out and ended up on the floor, with the frame. The screws from the door under the couch have come off on one side. The fridge has also had some issues. Some of the window shades don’t work properly. And the small solar panel that came with the trailer didn’t come with the plug to plug it in the trailer.
- Rose, Utah

2020-06-20 2019 Coleman Light 2515RL View Listings

We bought a 2019 Coleman Lantern because of the floor plan. Our first trip it rained. Water was standing in the slide out under the couch. We had to have the room sealed. Then the air conditioning thermostat didn’t work. The maker of that device did send a replacement. We have camped about 10 times and the air conditioner keeps freezing up even after I looked on for YouTube troubleshooting. We camp in Alabama and Georgia where it gets hot but the air isn’t even working for temperatures in the 80s. Also the cabinet by the stove has areas of discoloring where something got spilled and permanently stained the paper like covered cabinets. I would not Buy a camper from this maker again. Very dissatisfied and disappointed.
- Angela Sullivan, Alabama

2020-05-22 2018 Coleman Lantern 285BH View Listings

Bought this RV new off the lot less than a year ago. The first awning broke during the first little bit of rain (with 0 wind) while my wife and I were sitting under it. Snapped the tracks off the side and everything. Heater element for the water tank went out after three months and 4 uses. Water seeping in through the slide out. Floor underneath the tub has already rotted through. And now, just before I wrote this, my second awning snapped after less than a minute of rain. I’m done with this piece of junk. Stay far far far away from Coleman. Sure the price point is nice, but you get what you pay for, and I wish I’d have been smarter with my choice. If you like your camper spending most of the season waiting for the warranty company to get around to fixing your rv, this one is for you. Otherwise, be smart and spend a little extra for better quality. Don’t be like me and get stuck with a lemon.
- Eddie , North Carolina

2020-05-09 2019 Coleman Light 2515RL View Listings

I enjoy the floorplans and the light towing but unfortunately the inside has been one disappointment after the other. The quality is terrible. The vinyl on the furniture is showing great signs of wear after one year and minimal usage. The flooring linoleum bubbled. The wallpaper that is applied over the press-wood tears and peels with the slightest touch. I’ve had the same Coleman camping products for 20 years and have no need to replace them. The Coleman Brand slapped on these campers was sadly misleading. This is my third RV and first time camping as empty nesters without our three boys I can’t imagine the terror of kids touching anything inside this camper and watching it fall apart. I am absolutely sure it will need an interior upgrade by year three.
- Carmelita Torres, Texas

2020-01-08 2019 Coleman Light 2835BH View Listings

Loved the look of it first season the window fell out of the slide and the awning arm was held in loose by one bolt. Gander fixed issues in around 7 weeks. After a few trips the electric hookup fell out of RV the cord was too heavy and no support. Other than that everything else has been fixable with a staple gun. Took use of the 2nd AC prep as the single unit was terrible in Alabama summer. Over all satisfied just wished the QC was a little better.
- Jon Wallace, Alabama

2019-12-22 2020 Coleman Lantern 263BH View Listings

I liked the price and the floorplan. The colors were neutral enough to work with. What I did not like, 2 drawers have missed track and the doors won't lock with the key. There's no hole for it. Ordered a keyless entry lock and will have to replace the drawer slides. Other than those, a good solid C+ B-. For the price.
- Carol Schneider , South Carolina

2019-11-25 2010 Coleman Coleman CT270 View Listings

my experience with this rv was incedable my family and I lived in this rv for 40 days and 40 nights traveling around the us. total 07 8,000 miles. niagra falls turned west to SD badlands wall SD hot springs SD Mt rushmore crazy horse, devils tower yellowstone ,west yellowstone, Mt. north rim of the grand canyon ,bryce canyon pink sand dunes az ghost towns in az ,tombstone az ,roswell nm , texas .old rt 66 east towards home ,graceland , nashville tn sweetwater tn .appomattox va back home to NJ.the greatest time and life experience and family bonding and quality time ever. even if you don't buy this RV you should really get one and take the time to go ,life is to short not to go now!
- james o kiefer, New Jersey

2019-10-20 2016 Coleman Lantern 250TQ View Listings

I have owned this camper for slightly longer than a year. So far, we had to have the furnace and A/C unit replaced. I’m now sitting in my camper and the refrigerator will not work on LP, and now the roof is leaking and dripping on the bed.
- Randy Bolig, Florida

2019-10-18 2019 Coleman Light 2425RB View Listings

WE BOUGHT THIS 2019 COLEMAN CAMPER IN APRIL, 2019, FROM CAMPING WORLD.IT HAS A 1 YEAR WARRANTY. I HEARD THE NIGHTMARES ABOUT TAKING YOUR CAMPER IN FOR MAINTENANCE THAT JUST BECAUSE YOU HAVE AN APPOINTMENT DOESN'T MEAN IT WILL BE FIXED RIGHT AWAY. IT MAY TAKE MONTHS. I BOOKED MY 1 YEAR MAINTENANCE CHECK IN OCTOBER,2019 THINKING THEY WOULD HAVE THE WHOLE WINTER TO WORK ON IT BEFORE I NEEDED IT IN SPRING. I MADE A LIST THE WHOLE SUMMER OF DIFFERENT THINGS WE NOTICED. WHEN WE HOOKED UP THE CAMPER TO OUR VEHICLE AFTER BEING PARKED ALL SUMMER IN OUR CAMPGROUND. WATER WAS FLOWING OUT OF THE BOTTOM ENOUGH TO FILL A SWIMMING POOL. WE PULLED IT FORWARD AGAIN AND TONS MORE WATER CAME FLOWING OUT OF THE BOTTOM RAILS. THE CAMPER HAS TWO SLIDE OUTS, KITCHEN, MAIN. CAMPING WORLD SAID THEIR WAS MAJOR STRUCTURE DAMAGE TO THE MAIN SLIDE OUT, CANAPY WAS NOT INSTALLED PROPERLY, ROOF HAD HOLES IN AND ALL 4 CORNERS, TOP RAIL WAS NOT INSTALLED CORRECTLY AND THE SCREWS WERE POKING THRU. CAMPING WORLD SAID THEY WILL ONLY WARRANT THE WORK FOR 90 DAYS. IN WISCONSIN, WE DON'T CAMP IN NOV, DEC, JAN, FEB, MARCH. THIS IS A $30,000 CAMPER 6 MONTHS OLD, NOW I DO HAVE THE EXTENDED WARRANTY, BUT THAT ONLY COVERS MECHANICAL, MOTORS, NOTHING WITH THE ROOF, FLOORS, WALL, ETC. THE REVIEWS LOOKED GOOD WHEN I RESEARCHED IT. WHAT DOES A CUSTOMER DO NOW? TRADE IT, AND LOSE MONEY? IS THIS GOING TO BE THE END OF THE MAJOR REPAIRS? DOES THIS QUALIFY UNDER LEMON LAW? WHO CAN HELP ME RESOLVE THIS ISSUE?
- SUSIE SEAGER, Wisconsin

2019-09-11 2019 Coleman Light 2425RB View Listings

This unit has the worst quality build. I bought this unit new, I’ve had this unit for 4 months and I’m still waiting on some parts that were order in the first week after possession. Horrible fit and finish! Only logical reason for this I assume blind children have assembled it! On my trip this past weekend both bunk windows blew out while driving on the highway. Save your money!
- Robert, Yukon

2019-09-08 2010 Coleman Highlander Niagara 4433 View Listings

This trailer has been great. Very well made, very few issues. Best pop up you can get IMHO. We have been able to camp with 2 kids, 2 adults, and 2 100+ lbs dogs each. At night its a bit tight stepping over the dogs but otherwise great. We have been inside the camper as long as 4 days due to rain and no problems. No leaks. We were warm and had enough room to move around even while stuck inside for that long. Only reason we are selling is we are growing out of it.
- Olga, Arizona

2019-08-28 2019 Coleman Lantern LT 17RD View Listings

I bought in April in Albuquerque NM and knew going in the would be issues that needed to be adjust by the dealership. That started before accepting the RV. A few minor issues were noted. Than came driving off the lot. Awing locked up the first week, now under entry door and detailing bubbling and starting to separate from the siding. Than it takes over a month for warranty approval, shipping of parts, and to get back to the dealership 500 miles round trip, a total of 3 times. End result - They shifted the bow under the door to the right, drug the new replacement awning arm across the concrete work floor damaging it, slipped with the caulk gun causing 3 dents in the siding, and removed detailing on the front of the rv where the sun had heated the siding up (on first warranty visit it was indicated that the remainder of the detailing was doing the same thing). Found out that the detailing was applied with heat, no glue/adhesive was used to adhere it). I live in the SW and it does get warm, so if heat adheres it than heat will remove it. NOW MY new RV is sitting in Texas waiting repairs. In 4 months of having this unit the only time I have been able to hit the road and semi use it was the two trips back to Albuquerque attempting to get issues corrected. Who knows if the unit will be available and finished for the weekender planned and than the trip trip to medical appointments starting the middle of September. I do love the interior layout except insufficient closed clothes storage in sleeping area, location of the AC unit (does not sufficiently cool down seating area) bedroom window not being a functional window. When a product is made to be distributed nation wide more thought should be put into climate issues across the country.
- Joanne Bryan, New Mexico

2019-08-23 2019 Coleman Lantern 244BH View Listings

We purchase a 2019 Coleman 244BH- Do not buy! went out with it twice and already have issues -- Water heater does not work, paneling in the bathroom peeling, front door wont shut and gutter is falling off. WE purchased a new camper because we wanted to avoid issues,however that is not the case . Trying to get it fix has been as hassle , customer service is terrible.
- Tara Derenze, New York

2019-08-16 2018 Coleman Coleman Light 2305QB View Listings

2018 Coleman camper The biggest mistake I’ve ever made in my life. At 75 I thought I would enjoy it. It was the biggest let Down. At a year and a half my Furniture is peeling. And thing Falling a part. Please don’t make the mistake I did iDon’t buy a Dutchman Please you will regret it. Very upset
- Alma Everett, Florida

2019-08-14 2018 Coleman Coleman 2065RL View Listings

We just had our family camping trip centered around our camper and had a great time. I am going to upgrade to a larger one and it will only be a Coleman. Please tell me how to upload a photo so I can share our family photo.
- wayne morgan, Georgia

2019-07-02 2019 Coleman Coleman 280RL View Listings

I purchased this rv from Camping World of Avondale and immediately we have had problems with it. The fridge/freezer never worked, the shower is set up to spray all over the floor, the table LITERALLY CAME OFF THE GROUND when we pulled the slide in, the ac/heater can’t stay on consistently, the trim of the slide FELL OFF, the bedroom door fell off, and the outside lights fell off. This rv is not livable by any means, nor is it USABLE. When we called our warranty repairs man, Lee, he said our trailer is in such “disrepair” for being so “new”. When I called Tom Woodell, from Dutchman, he basically told me all he can do is help me get all the repairs done. I told him I just overall want to get rid of it and forget about this nightmare. He was no help at all, and I am in shock to see such low quality product come from such a well known company. Camping World is doing what they can to help us get out of this travel trailer.
- Katryna Heritage, Arizona

2019-06-29 2018 Coleman Light 1705 View Listings

2018 Coleman Coleman 1705 Light Travel trailer. uncomfortable garbage!!! Stay away from it and camping world to buy from. The couch is impossible to get comfortable on. The bed is impossible to sleep on. The awning leaked the second time we used it and was in the shop for a month. The a.c. is so loud you have to crank the tv to even hear it.
- Ken churches , Florida

2019-06-02 2019 Coleman Light 29925RL View Listings

Camper is poorly built . Cheap material have had so many problems have owned maybe 1 month . Now fault light is on who knows what that means . I would definitely never recommend a Coleman camper for any reason . I should have listened. I'll know better next time . I wish I could find a class action lawsuit to get in with. So maybe I could get out of this camper and into one with . qaulity . Put in for warranty a month ago still has not be approved. Called customer service they said supervisor would call me back never happened been over a week . Please stay away from . You will regret it . I give it 2 thumbs down .
- Jeremy conlee, Mississippi

2019-05-21 2019 Coleman Light 1805RB View Listings

I chose this model because of the floorplan which I still love but I'm here because I've had nothing but issues since day one. When the camper was received at the dealer they found that the grey and black tanks piping were switched (this was fixed by Camping World but I find it funny that this wasn't found during their "1500 point inspection'-let me not get started on them..) After reiving the camper I did my own walk around and found that the brake wiring was just hanging below the axles and there was bare wire exposed on both sides. Running over one tree limb could've been disastrous. I also found several places where the manufacturer failed to silicone. Upon inspection of the roof I found that the air conditioner was not fully secured, a roof vent was missing a screw, lap sealant was missing and/or bubbling in several places. Then after about 2.5 months I started to notice the trim on the bulkhead was pulling away and exposed the wood underneath. (Please keep in mind that the camper was brand new and all these issues were within the first 3 months). After another month I started to notice that there was a section on the roof that had a part of the decking pushing up against the rubber membrane essentially stretching it and creating a peak. I contacted Keystone (Coleman's parent company) to initiate warranty repairs and was referred to Camping World. In the 6th month of ownership I took the camper to Camping World for a warranty evaluation where Keystone warranted all issues except the roof claiming that it was "cosmetic". (This is where I could rant about how poorly Camping World documented the roof issue..but that's another topic) After picking the camper up I decided that I would submit my own photos that better showed the roof issue. Keystone reviewed the photos and suggested I have another authorized dealer perform a warranty evaluation. (Please keep in mind I'm leaving out details of how inconveniencing it is to set appointments, take time off and travel to and from these appointments) I carried the camper to another dealer Keystone suggested and went through the whole process again just to be denied yet again. For a company that really pushes their 3 year structural warranty as a selling point they sure don't take it seriously! So here I am with a piece of the structure that is not secured pressing against my roof membrane.. hoping and praying that the underlayment isn't going to rip the roof and let water in. I feel helpless because now that I've had this issue I have found that this is not an uncommon issue with Keystone products. Thousands of other people are stuck in this same situation of owning a new camper that is falling apart and/or leaking with a manufacturer who doesn't honor their warranty.
- A disappointed owner , Oregon

2019-02-03 2018 Coleman Coleman Light 2305QB View Listings

We bought it in March 2018. The layout is perfect for a couple such as our selfs. We took it on week long trips as well as weekends in the high Rockies. Every thing has performed perfectly with the exception of the heater. We have had problems with the limit switch and camping world has a huge back log on warranty work. The roof sealants had to be reapplied due to shrinking. Which is very common and should be done once a year anyway. Yes they are a made on an assembly line and have some lose screws here and there. Take a little time to add a few screws and some caulking. With the new camping season coming up us I am looking forward to camping in my Coleman 2305qb.
- David Cordova , Colorado

2018-10-10 2015 Coleman Explorer 260RL View Listings

this camper is the worst i have ever had im 69 years old had a lot of rvs, a/c is to small it is a dometic 15000. it just so happens it is pre wired in front vent for a 2nd a/c at my cost, [Dealer] is were i bought,someone new it needed a 2nd air, [Dealer] admitted to me , but says coleman does not authorize for 2nd air, i have owned motor home and etc. this a 26 ft rear living , i am so sorry i bought this rv, and at [Dealer] witch could careless about my issue, i can get no one from coleman or dometic to answer me beware of buying coleman rv. i am a disabled vet never thought i could get screwed by coleman Ernest Smith
- Ernest r Smith, North Carolina

2018-10-06 2017 Coleman Light 1925BH View Listings

The Coleman 1925BH is a bunkhouse and has a murphy bed. The Murphy bed in sofa mode allows a lot of space in the RV. The sink in the bathroom is a nice bonus. For the 2 of us the size is just right. We had 4 and it gets a little tight on long trips. The quality is so so, I had to fix soome little things(drawers, table base screws, replaced the vent fan with a real one) but about what I expected at the price point. Downside is the width and height cause a lot of aero drag so mileage could be beter if they lowered the box and tapered the front more. Overall I'm satisfied with it.
- Ed Grozalis, Pennsylvania