Coleman Lantern Reviews on RV Insider (7)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Coleman Lantern RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Randy Bolig from Florida says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Coleman Lantern 250TQ View Listings

I have owned this camper for slightly longer than a year. So far, we had to have the furnace and A/C unit replaced. I’m now sitting in my camper and the refrigerator will not work on LP, and now the roof is leaking and dripping on the bed.
- Randy Bolig, Florida

2020-10-12 2018 Coleman Lantern 285BH View Listings

Owner for 2 year great until now. On trip to see family front bedroom emergency exit window exploded send "safety glass" everywhere. On the way home from same trip both closets in front cap of trailer began to leak. Floor is warping even with "sealed" under belly. Dont buy from camping world!!
- Alex.macmillan371, Washington

2020-08-26 2018 Coleman Lantern 285BH View Listings

We purchased our travel trailer from Holiday in Jefferson, Iowa. We had good service while we were looking for one. But once we started having trouble with the camper and needed work done, then we ran in to trouble. I would never purchase a camper from these people again. Communication is terrible, and management was of no support at all for the trouble we had with the camper. wiring, the fridge and the lights.
- Kathy Sorensen, Iowa

2020-08-21 2018 Coleman Lantern 285BH View Listings

Never buy Coleman! We bought this brand new and had it winterized. Our first camping trip and the slide outs dig actual lines across the kitchen floor- all the nail/staple holes are filled with putty let’s say chunks are out all over and the color doesn’t match- the floor also starts to peel up- the outdoor kitchen bubbles up from water damage and the one lock doesn’t work- there are no sticks with the blinds to open and close them the hot water and cold water on the sinks are opposite - the bedroom cabinets are all peeling - the sun shade is filthy - the one slide out where the floor is now sliced from the slide out is all cracked. We did bring this back to camping world in Kingston NY for all these issues since it was brand new. They kept it for about 12 weeks and guess what! They fixed nothing! It all looks the same if not worse! The only thing I can say nice is I love the layout.
- Danielle, New Jersey

2020-08-08 2016 Coleman Lantern 274BH View Listings

This is the worst camper trailer! Bought brand new off the lot at Camping World. We have had problems since our first trip to the coast in 2016. Camping World told us it was just normal wear and tear. Wallpaper bubbles and shinking. A/C doesn't work, Refrigerator doesn't work, heater even quit. We has to replace the interior lights because they stopped working. Coleman should be ashamed of themselves!
- Angela McKnight , California

2020-05-22 2018 Coleman Lantern 285BH View Listings

Bought this RV new off the lot less than a year ago. The first awning broke during the first little bit of rain (with 0 wind) while my wife and I were sitting under it. Snapped the tracks off the side and everything. Heater element for the water tank went out after three months and 4 uses. Water seeping in through the slide out. Floor underneath the tub has already rotted through. And now, just before I wrote this, my second awning snapped after less than a minute of rain. I’m done with this piece of junk. Stay far far far away from Coleman. Sure the price point is nice, but you get what you pay for, and I wish I’d have been smarter with my choice. If you like your camper spending most of the season waiting for the warranty company to get around to fixing your rv, this one is for you. Otherwise, be smart and spend a little extra for better quality. Don’t be like me and get stuck with a lemon.
- Eddie , North Carolina

2019-08-23 2019 Coleman Lantern 244BH View Listings

We purchase a 2019 Coleman 244BH- Do not buy! went out with it twice and already have issues -- Water heater does not work, paneling in the bathroom peeling, front door wont shut and gutter is falling off. WE purchased a new camper because we wanted to avoid issues,however that is not the case . Trying to get it fix has been as hassle , customer service is terrible.
- Tara Derenze, New York