Coleman Lantern Reviews on RV Insider (5)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Coleman Lantern RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Randy Bolig from Florida says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Coleman Lantern 250TQ View Listings

I have owned this camper for slightly longer than a year. So far, we had to have the furnace and A/C unit replaced. I’m now sitting in my camper and the refrigerator will not work on LP, and now the roof is leaking and dripping on the bed.
- Randy Bolig, Florida

2020-06-23 2020 Coleman Lantern 263BH View Listings

I purchased this RV brand new and have used it for 3 camping trips. So far, all of the cabinets and drawers won’t stay shut while towing. We’ve had to bungee them together to keep them closed. The big drawer under the stove came all the way out and ended up on the floor, with the frame. The screws from the door under the couch have come off on one side. The fridge has also had some issues. Some of the window shades don’t work properly. And the small solar panel that came with the trailer didn’t come with the plug to plug it in the trailer.
- Rose, Utah

2020-05-22 2018 Coleman Lantern 285BH View Listings

Bought this RV new off the lot less than a year ago. The first awning broke during the first little bit of rain (with 0 wind) while my wife and I were sitting under it. Snapped the tracks off the side and everything. Heater element for the water tank went out after three months and 4 uses. Water seeping in through the slide out. Floor underneath the tub has already rotted through. And now, just before I wrote this, my second awning snapped after less than a minute of rain. I’m done with this piece of junk. Stay far far far away from Coleman. Sure the price point is nice, but you get what you pay for, and I wish I’d have been smarter with my choice. If you like your camper spending most of the season waiting for the warranty company to get around to fixing your rv, this one is for you. Otherwise, be smart and spend a little extra for better quality. Don’t be like me and get stuck with a lemon.
- Eddie , North Carolina

2019-12-22 2020 Coleman Lantern 263BH View Listings

I liked the price and the floorplan. The colors were neutral enough to work with. What I did not like, 2 drawers have missed track and the doors won't lock with the key. There's no hole for it. Ordered a keyless entry lock and will have to replace the drawer slides. Other than those, a good solid C+ B-. For the price.
- Carol Schneider , South Carolina

2019-08-23 2019 Coleman Lantern 244BH View Listings

We purchase a 2019 Coleman 244BH- Do not buy! went out with it twice and already have issues -- Water heater does not work, paneling in the bathroom peeling, front door wont shut and gutter is falling off. WE purchased a new camper because we wanted to avoid issues,however that is not the case . Trying to get it fix has been as hassle , customer service is terrible.
- Tara Derenze, New York